Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Soundgarden Tour Merchandise thread

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Jesus Christ, can anyone have a complaint around here now? Sorry I want a size that will fit an adult. This place is getting ridiculous.
    Huh? I guess you mistook what I was saying, you said "only S and M" and I meant in the "S&M" sexual way as a joke, I'm very sorry you took it the wrong way! I'm an XL, by the way, so I more than understand the frustration. Sorry if I just poorly worded it, no harm meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    People aren't kidding when they say "Every thread on ETS is The Fucking Thread"

OT: I'm kind of glad the only shirts that appeal to me is the one I bought last year with a different date on the back; I hardly had the money to go to two shows, let alone come home with a bunch of merch.

BUT, if there are show specific posters, I'm basically going to end up a toothless hobo with a really, really nice poster, and there are far worse things to be.
    see my thing with the posters--- I splurge because I know that they are unique and won't be able to find them anywhere else. Yes, you can get them from re-sellers on ebay for 10 x the price, but it isn't guaranteed that you will find one. Maybe right now you can get them from re-sellers, but further down the road, you may may find one pop up or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there were Limited posters tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    From the show that I took a pic of the merch booth, it was:
    $40 for Soundgarden poster
    $45 for special cool artist mixed band poster with venue(s)
    $25 for NIN poster

I would imagine price differences are because of printing differences (I believe the Soundgarden and mixed band posters are screen printed, I remember the mixed band poster in Camden all had slight variations, hinting at being hand printed).

My wife wife and I were browsing some of the pics posted here, and we were a little let down.
    first time I saw them was in 1994(with Jim Rose Circus & Marilyn Manson) and I seem to remember the merch being killer. But, I was also 14.
    I would love to pick up another shirt with tour dates, but, as I get older, I realize that this shirt will last less time than a nice print if I frame it.
    Here's hoping that something really jumps out at me.
    maybe the best tour shirt I have from NIN is from the 2000 tour. Logo on front(looks chopped off, half-way through the logo), and the back says: "Where the fuck were you" above the tour dates.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkiller06 View Post
    maybe the best tour shirt I have from NIN is from the 2000 tour. Logo on front(looks chopped off, half-way through the logo), and the back says: "Where the fuck were you" above the tour dates.
    i have that same shirt. i never wore it -- the neck was INSANELY stretched out when i bought it at fragility 2.0, like a fucking cowl neck or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticMemories View Post
    Anyone know if there were Limited posters tonight?
    I hope there will be some for this leg of the tour with Dillinger Escape Plan. I'm worried there won't be since Death Grips pulled out at the last second. I'm going to the Atlanta show on Friday. I'll report back with whatever I find that's new to this thread.

Btw, everyone... I'm not really new to ETS. I haven't been on this site since about 2008. Had to start a new account. It's good to be back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey crew - same here, old member lurking for years, infrequent poster (uh, as in it's probably been years) with a new login.

Anyway - found this look at last night's merch stand:
    https://twitter.com/NantucketSays/st...27671463948288

Anyone get a closer look at that lizard poster thing? I wonder if that was the two-band one.

I wasn't there but I'll be at VA Beach tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbx23 View Post
    Hey crew - same here, old member lurking for years, infrequent poster (uh, as in it's probably been years) with a new login.

Anyway - found this look at last night's merch stand:
    https://twitter.com/NantucketSays/st...27671463948288

Anyone get a closer look at that lizard poster thing? I wonder if that was the two-band one.

I wasn't there but I'll be at VA Beach tonight.
    I can't tell off that picture, but it looks like the SG booth has a poster, so I'm going to assume that's the NIN/SG poster.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah, no . . . After that Miles Tsang print, I was expecting a whole lot more; looks like I'm saving 45 dollars at least!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, no . . . After that Miles Tsang print, I was expecting a whole lot more; looks like I'm saving 45 dollars at least!
    For real. That's ugly as shit... So, what shows haven't had specific posters? Just Vegas and Holmdel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh - I absolutely dug it - but, being a child of the late 70's / 80's and huge into arcade games, this just hits some of my right buttons. I can see why other's wouldn't like it tho.

So have we settled on the tactic that it's best just to buy as soon as you see them? Or is it worth waiting a bit to ensure the signed ones have made it to the booths?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbx23 View Post
    Huh - I absolutely dug it - but, being a child of the late 70's / 80's and huge into arcade games, this just hits some of my right buttons. I can see why other's wouldn't like it tho.

So have we settled on the tactic that it's best just to buy as soon as you see them? Or is it worth waiting a bit to ensure the signed ones have made it to the booths?
    Some people have gotten signed ones right outside of the venue, some haven't gotten them until after the opener and a lot of people have said that in general they've sold out fast at different nights, so I'd say just take your chances and get one as soon as you see it if you're really wanting one. Best of luck!

Personally I just don't feel like there's a whole lot of thought put into the art in terms of what it is; that Miles Tsang print had an amazing "making of" write-up by the artist and you realized and could see how much thought about NIN went into it, with it fitting Nine Inch Nails very well imagery-wise. This just seems like they heard Pretty Eight Machine and thought "They're a chip-tune band, let's do an old-style arcade booth." Is the vagina monster thing a weird literal interpretation of With Teeth? Why is there an aging gnome with a guitar? Plus the colors look very, very washed out to me. It reminds me more of Nickelodeon, the kids channel. Just, not my taste is all. If you like it, that's great though! The Tsang print was just perfect to my eyes, and this is so visually disparate from that one. I guess that's both the great and awful thing about the many different artists idea, there's going to be a lot of stylistic diversity.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ha! I actually like it, throw back to old school arcade/Atari style video games. I still prefer the Miles Tsang print, but this one is still fun.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Everyone's opinion is going to differ because the posters will be done by different artists and each have their own styles. I think its pretty cool. Throwback to the Centipede arcade game. Reminds me of an Ames Bros print.

Did a little digging around and it does look to be done by Ames Bros https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...2720136&type=1
    Last edited by kevinbeetle; 08-05-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: found stuff

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I still want that new white t-shirt tho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had tickets for last nights show but ended up not being able to go. I did not buy the shirts I wanted at the Camden show, so if someone could pick me up the new white NIN (blurry-ish image) shirt and the white Soundgarden "King Animal" logo shirt, both in a Large, it would be greatly appreciated. Both were $35 from what I can remember so I can pay for the shirts and the shipping if someone could do this for me. PM me if you can!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So...what are the thoughts on the NIN/SG posters? Not specifically, more like...NIN has such a specific visual style that unifies their merch (usually) and none of these (so far) have really matched it at all. Are you digging this or think it's just kind of weird and pointless?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The Miles Tsang is the only one I've cared for so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The Miles Tsang is the only one I've cared for so far.
    Agreed. I am a J. Rodgers fan, but I didn't dig his Red Rocks posters. :/ Wondering if the Texas dates will get him or not..I know he won't get back from vacation until like the 10th, but he has had his drawing stuff with him. Very curious to see what Dallas gets and I'm hoping we don't get stiffed a poster because it's the first night with Cold Cave.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I kinda would like the Centipede-esque design as a t-shirt instead of an art print, but I'm a classic arcade nerd. I wonder why the Vegas & Holmdel shows didn't get specific artwork?

At least folks attending the next few shows have a head's up on the poster design. I assume the same artist will do the poster for the three Texas shows.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticMemories View Post
    Agreed. I am a J. Rodgers fan, but I didn't dig his Red Rocks posters. :/ Wondering if the Texas dates will get him or not..I know he won't get back from vacation until like the 10th, but he has had his drawing stuff with him. Very curious to see what Dallas gets and I'm hoping we don't get stiffed a poster because it's the first night with Cold Cave.
    I'm with you. I like the old school video game feel too. It's the closest thing to really resemble NIN at all.
    Although my wife thinks it looks like a bad 90's rock poster.

I did giggle like a fool when I turned off all the lights and saw it glow in the dark though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    So...what are the thoughts on the NIN/SG posters? Not specifically, more like...NIN has such a specific visual style that unifies their merch (usually) and none of these (so far) have really matched it at all. Are you digging this or think it's just kind of weird and pointless?
    I like the concept, because in theory it should allow for a lot of unique interpretations and interesting, original works rooted around NIN, especially NIN live, giving each batch of shows a sense of being special since the art and posters are unique to they and they alone. It's a neat idea, but I really feel like so far, Miles Tsang is the only artist to make anything super appealing that speaks to how I see NIN visually at all. His essay on the making of it is a fascinating read, talking about drawing from things like Mr. Self Destruct, The Becoming, etc., tying those themes into films like Terminator, the synthetic combined with organic, those themes explored in film alongside NIN and tying that self reflection into Narcissus. It's just an incredibly complex, fantastic examination of NIN and presents an awesome and special work of art that just fits so well with what NIN is all about. None of the other three special posters have seemed even remotely in line with that level of thought and depth; the Red Rocks poster was okay looking to me, didn't really matter and seemed like a general piece of art, the big black-light looking just seemed loud and tacky in color and presentation, the new one is a disappointment for me, heavily, since it's the one I'd be able to nab for my dates, and yet it just seems like they didn't put a whole lot of actual thought into what it is they're presenting.

This whole idea is great and could and should allow for interesting, unique and deep pieces of art to help commemorate groups of shows and provide a really different feel and style than what we typically get from Rob Sheridan or Russell Mills or what have you, yet so far (and this is just strictly speaking from my point of view), Miles Tsang is the only artist to make something that really speaks to NIN's work while still feeling like an original and worthy piece of art.

Nevertheless, I like the idea, I like the diversity, I like that it's allowing fans to get something they like that's limited to they themselves and the shows they attended, I like the whole thought behind it, I just think it's being done a little too hastily and that the artists picked could have been better. It's all over the place stylistically, and while that diversity is nice, it also has allowed for a lot of them to just seem almost unrelated. The only other one other than MT's print that I could call a NIN-related piece of art without the band name on it is the one with the giant NIN logo as the centerpiece, for obvious reasons.

I'm certainly not shitting on the idea though, and I'd love to see this get done again on future tours, and hopefully if that happens the artist for the show(s) I attend fits my sensibilities more.

I will say this thing has created what seems like an utter clusterfuck for fans. With it co-headlining and each bands doing this, hearing that there are venues not allowing you to choose which band's poster you want is ridiculous, knowing that some merch booths have just offered signed posters to whoever asks and that some are strict, knowing that some merch booths don't even get any posters while one across the venue has a bunch, it's a little ridiculous and just seems very messy and last-minute. I would love to see this done with better planning and coordination, there shouldn't be such wildly different policies and buying experiences night to night, especially when it's something super limited and potentially signed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I like the concept, because in theory it should allow for a lot of unique interpretations and interesting, original works rooted around NIN, especially NIN live, giving each batch of shows a sense of being special since the art and posters are unique to they and they alone. It's a neat idea, but I really feel like so far, Miles Tsang is the only artist to make anything super appealing that speaks to how I see NIN visually at all. His essay on the making of it is a fascinating read, talking about drawing from things like Mr. Self Destruct, The Becoming, etc., tying those themes into films like Terminator, the synthetic combined with organic, those themes explored in film alongside NIN and tying that self reflection into Narcissus. It's just an incredibly complex, fantastic examination of NIN and presents an awesome and special work of art that just fits so well with what NIN is all about. None of the other three special posters have seemed even remotely in line with that level of thought and depth; the Red Rocks poster was okay looking to me, didn't really matter and seemed like a general piece of art, the big black-light looking just seemed loud and tacky in color and presentation, the new one is a disappointment for me, heavily, since it's the one I'd be able to nab for my dates, and yet it just seems like they didn't put a whole lot of actual thought into what it is they're presenting.

This whole idea is great and could and should allow for interesting, unique and deep pieces of art to help commemorate groups of shows and provide a really different feel and style than what we typically get from Rob Sheridan or Russell Mills or what have you, yet so far (and this is just strictly speaking from my point of view), Miles Tsang is the only artist to make something that really speaks to NIN's work while still feeling like an original and worthy piece of art.

Nevertheless, I like the idea, I like the diversity, I like that it's allowing fans to get something they like that's limited to they themselves and the shows they attended, I like the whole thought behind it, I just think it's being done a little too hastily and that the artists picked could have been better. It's all over the place stylistically, and while that diversity is nice, it also has allowed for a lot of them to just seem almost unrelated. The only other one other than MT's print that I could call a NIN-related piece of art without the band name on it is the one with the giant NIN logo as the centerpiece, for obvious reasons.

I'm certainly not shitting on the idea though, and I'd love to see this get done again on future tours, and hopefully if that happens the artist for the show(s) I attend fits my sensibilities more.

I will say this thing has created what seems like an utter clusterfuck for fans. With it co-headlining and each bands doing this, hearing that there are venues not allowing you to choose which band's poster you want is ridiculous, knowing that some merch booths have just offered signed posters to whoever asks and that some are strict, knowing that some merch booths don't even get any posters while one across the venue has a bunch, it's a little ridiculous and just seems very messy and last-minute. I would love to see this done with better planning and coordination, there shouldn't be such wildly different policies and buying experiences night to night, especially when it's something super limited and potentially signed.
    Well put. I still think the individual posters from the With Teeth Summer tour are the perfect example of Reznor really doing something special for fans.
    I know we're not even halfway done with this tour, but I'd be curious to see if anything else, aside from the Tsang print, does anything more than make me scratch/shake my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yep. the shows I'm going to (Charlotte & Atlanta) are on there. I'm not impressed hate to sound like a complainer.
    looks like NIN poster and a SG poster for me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Someone on fb said they sound checked Burn. The good set again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to anyone who went to the VA show, how much was the NIN/SG poster? curious..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They're just getting it nice and ready for ATL Friday!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They often soundcheck things that aren't getting played that night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still a lil sore about them skipping over holmdel with NO soundgarden/NiN PRINT. Even tho I was lucky enough to get a band autographed miles tsang print and a non signed one that I was able to sell to a fan that missed out on them. I got the soundgarden specific holmdel and Camden prints even though they were not my favorite. But that's cause I'm a hardcore collector of band merch and memorabilia, especially prints and other harder to get items. (Drum heads/sticks,setlists,picks,autographed anything, etc,etc,etc.).
    And even though I don't care too much for the new NiN/soundgarden print I would a still bought it and tried to get a signed one. But that's just the collector/fan in me.