04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
How does this not have a thread?
Also known as The Raid: Redemption. It's an Indonesian martial arts film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

Looks BAD ASS.

Hazekiah
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
^ I know!

I was watching a string of featured trailers on imdb about a week ago and buried in the middle of it they had a whole 10 minute "Making Of..." featurette for this movie and it looked fucking INTENSE.

Blew my fucking mind and I can't WAIT to see it!

Just checked there and YT and I can't seem to find it but it was pretty much this but longer and with some different stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffm5S_JWIKQ&feature=related

Deadpool
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm dying to see this.

Deadpool
04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Saw this tonight with my buddy. Got lucky and noticed it was playing locally a few days ago. Not sure if it's still gonna be playing by next weekend, so I'm glad I saw it now.

Wow. I was smiling ear-to-ear, trying to contain my laughter/glee, during a lot of this movie's action. By the time the 4-on-1 machete fight ended, I felt I got my money's worth.

This movie surprised me in some ways, too. I was expecting a pretty relentless action-fest, with no breathing room whatsoever, and was pleased to see that The Raid was actually very well balanced with some genuinely tension-filled scenes in between the balls-out fights. The movie establishes early on that it doesn't pull punches, so when one character has another at gun-point, you don't know what's gonna happen - I even had trouble looking at the screen occasionally. The other up-side of that is that the action sequences don't lose their luster when you have time to recoup.

So yeah, if you've ever considered yourself a fan of good action cinema, this is essential viewing. I only wish I could see this with a packed crowd because I came very close to applauding by the end of the last fight. Instead I just giggled to myself I was so entertained.

richardp
04-17-2012, 12:50 AM
I shit my pants like 8 times during this incredible incredible fucking film.

HOLY SHIT Mad Dog's Death!? That was fucking. AWESOME.

There were about 15 people in the theater and we were all losing our minds the entire time. When it was over I just wanted to stand up and high five everyone.