PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

DF118
11-24-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't really understand this idea that you should be thankful for what you have by stuffing your face with it. Surely if one was going to be thankful, they'd fast? Am I missing something here?

icklekitty
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
See also: Christmas and Easter

halloween
11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm just thankful someone told me ets was back up (well beta i guess.) now i'm very happy!

Kid Charlemagne
11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Literally had the worst Thanksgiving ever. Two of my aunts got into a shoving match and started punching, the rest of us moves into the room to break it up. Then one of my cousins starts talking shit to my uncle and attacks my uncle. So there's a group of about seven people in one big fight and I decide to jump on a counter, into the middle of it and break it up which it did. I storm out of the house furious that the incident went down and my mom and I argue how it's not fair for me to have to stay and endure that while I didn't even want to be there. She guilts me by saying "it may be her last thanksgiving", and at that point I don't care. I go off and go to the store to buy a six pack, and drink about half of it before I go back into the house. Bear in mind I haven't had a drop to drink in nearly three months. I finally go back inside, cooler heads prevail, everyone is glaring at each other, and the two aunts who started the mess leave. Jesus Christ, I did not think this would have happened.

halloween
11-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Yikes Kid =[ Sounds rough, so sorry to hear that happened.

i personally blew off my (dad's side of the) family this thanksgiving-- with my dad being out of the country, it's so not worth it. Hurray being alone.

theruiner
11-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Jesus, Kid. And I thought I was having a bad Thanksgiving! Nothing compared to yours. Sorry to hear all that.

waffel
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Man now I feel kinda bad about posting about my thanksgiving, which pretty much went off without a hitch. Despite the fact my mom started last minute on most stuff. It was rather unfair of her to do that to you Kid hopefully next year will be better; or you can get out of it and do something else.

allegro
11-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Our oven died so we finished cooking the turkey breast on the gas grill. And now we're watching The Godfather marathon on AMC.

bgalbraith
11-24-2011, 11:28 PM
For contrast, my thanksgiving with my family and their friends went rather well. I did end up having to be the DJ for the evening, which mostly involved a knowledge of grooveshark and 60's psychadelia music. Woo!

Dra508
11-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanksgiving is overrated. Black Friday pisses me off and I don't even work in retail. New Year's Day can't come fast enough.

Hey everyone, nice to be back. Perfect place to be full of piss and vinegar. Arrrrrrrghhhh.

konstantin
11-25-2011, 04:34 PM
i celebrated it by not leaving the house all day and eating fish meals i got from the Korean store, and loving the ETC Beta.

hooray for 4 day weekends!

allegro
11-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Black Friday major appliance browsing (Subs and Wolf) for kitchen gut = awesome fun! We've made all our selections, gut starts after 1-1, goodbye antique ovens, hello better T Day next year!

edit: oh, and I fully embraced my general dislike of turkey. I'd rather make a pizza.

orestes
11-26-2011, 05:02 PM
I celebrated by working a twelve hour shift. Fun!

tony.parente
11-20-2019, 09:10 AM
Love.

This thanksgiving i'll be thankful for feeling complete, unfiltered love for the first time in my life. Everything in my past feels plastic and artificial compared to now.

Jinsai
11-20-2019, 12:16 PM
Love.

This thanksgiving i'll be thankful for feeling complete, unfiltered love for the first time in my life. Everything in my past feels plastic and artificial compared to now.

That sounds cool. This year, I'll be thankful if I don't have to talk to my brother's wife. Seriously.

Halo Infinity
11-23-2019, 05:13 PM
I've always liked Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's not as regular as it used to though, because of my family and friends relocating due to careers, marriages, children and even retirement. When it came to family, Christmas was just like another Thanksgiving, but with presents.

As for now, I suppose I'm thankful for still having my physical and mental health in tact while being employed. (For anybody that's aware of my post history in the Mental Health thread, you'd know why those givens mean so much to me. It's also reminded me that I simply can't always trust my brain.) Things could still always be so much better, but it's a constant reminder that they can always be so much worse.