PDA

View Full Version : Final NIN Election on nin.com

SSquirrel
02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
For the last 2 years there has been an ongoing election series over on the nin.com forums. It was started by someone else and they started with Pretty Hate Machine and moved along thru all the studio albums, remix tracks, singles, videos, non-album tracks, scores, HTDA, etc. Today is the last round of voting for the TGWTDT score and we will then be running a final massive election. We're taking the top 3 winners from each election over the last 2 years and compiling it into one massive "Best of" runoff.

One problem with this approach is that we have a metric crapton of songs and not enough people voting. To avoid every round becoming an exercise in "Hey look, another tied round!", someone suggested I bring it up over here. Just go to http://forum.nin.com/bb/list.php?9 starting tomorrow and look for the NIN Election w/ the words "Ultimate Reznor" in the title. We only vote off 1 song a day in these elections, so we probably have at least 2 months of voting ahead of us. Since this started in February 2 years ago, we'll be well past that 2 year mark.

Just something fun to bring more NIN fans together. Hope to see some of you over there with us

MAD
02-26-2012, 03:01 AM
I like the idea. Thanks.
As much as I love browsing forums in general, nin.com is strangely one of the least visited forum on my side.

Ryan
02-26-2012, 03:05 AM
I like the idea. Thanks.
As much as I love browsing forums in general, nin.com is strangely one of the least visited forum on my side.

Same here. I think the initial 2006 era Spiral crazy people turned me off it permanently.

Vertigo
02-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Those elections have been great fun (and sometimes mind-bending, like A Thousand Details entering TGWTDT's top two...), they're the main reason to visit the official NIN forums as far as I'm concerned.

sick among the pure
02-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Same here. I think the initial 2006 era Spiral crazy people turned me off it permanently.

We weren't all that bad. :(

SSquirrel
02-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Those elections have been great fun (and sometimes mind-bending, like A Thousand Details entering TGWTDT's top two...), they're the main reason to visit the official NIN forums as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said earlier, I'm not the guy who started them, but I've been involved in keeping them going so thank you for saying that. It means a lot knowing people are enjoying themselves while we do all of this.

The new election is here: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,1349922

ManBurning
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
For anyone interested in joining, we're down to the last 19 songs in our vote off election to crown the best NIN song.

Songs left are:

And All That Could Have Been
Becoming
Burn
Eraser
Happiness In Slavery
Head Down
Head Like A Hole
In This Twilight
Mr Self Destruct
Reptile
Right Where It Belongs
Ruiner
Sin
Somewhat Damaged
The Great Below
The Line Begins To Blur
The Warning
We're In This Together
Zero-Sum

If ya have a moment, and a NIN.com account come on over and help save your faviourte song. It's rather fun, and the only reason to go over to the nin.com forums to be honest.