PDA

View Full Version : Das Racist

spegettiwestern
01-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Long time fan of most of their work, I'm sure most people are aware of them by now.

Both artists recently released individual EPs and as far as Heems' efforts go I think it's pretty great. Anyone familiar with DR's affiliates (and Def Jux for that matter) would appreciate the instrumentals and additional artists such as Danny Brown, Despot and Lakutis. I really enjoyed a lot of the samples throughout the album however not every song is entirely engaging and thrilling, but there's some great stuff on here so I'd recommend it to anyone.

As far as Kool A.D.'s EP goes I haven't listened to it yet as he uploaded it earlier this month to megaupload and I haven't noticed it anywhere else (although in all honesty I haven't tried exceptionally hard to find it). If anyone's got their hands on it I'd appreciate if you could toss it my way.

Anyhow, I've been following these guys for quite a while and it's awesome to see more and more NY artists evolving around these guys. It seems like Despot has put in more verses for DR than any solo efforts.

Edit: For anyone unaware of this trio, however, I figured I'd include a link to a song or two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxbatYD96A
Sit Down, Man featuring El-P (instrumental by Scoop DeVille of Get Busy Committee)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akYWcLaJmOo
Shut Up, Dude

Radiovoyr
01-27-2012, 02:47 AM
I do not have much to contribute to this thread other than saying I have been hooked on Relax since I heard and I really dig the Heems mixtape. Also, the Conan performance was how I found out about Tearist, so that is also cool.

Kid Charlemagne
01-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Loved "Sit Down Man" and "Shut Up Dude", liked "Relax" and these dudes are hilarious. Heems' Twitter page is hilarious, I even got them to sign a burrito wrapper from Taco Bell when I saw them in November. Closest comparison I can make is pre-Paul's Boutique Beastie Boys, less rock, more emphasis on R&B.

thefragile_jake
06-30-2013, 10:12 PM
I miss these guys. :(

Though I think I actually prefer Kool AD's solo stuff over Heems'...