PDA

View Full Version : Black Light Burns

Pages : [1] 2

Reznor2112
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Obviously Wes Borland is a fucking genius...
moving on.

Hasn't been much coming from the BLB camp since the LB reunion. New BLB track entitled "It Rapes All In Its Path" on the Underworld 4 soundtrack.
http://youtu.be/1U4QmoM6STw?t=3m59s

Sounds good, hopefully those 22+ songs Wes said were recorded for the 2nd LP get released in 2012.

aggroculture
01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Sounds like he's getting his Interpol on. Don't like it much. The first BLB album had a killer line-up, not sure the magic can be repeated without it.

Reznor2112
01-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Well from what I've read, Wes didn't really like the way the first album came out. He said (don't quote me) that Danny kinda just took the whole thing in his own hands.

Wes stated that the new record will sound more like the first track, Mesopotamia, which was the last song recorded for the first album.

Space Suicide
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Fuck Limp Dickshit Wes, release Black Light Burns material already!

voidnz
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
It sounds ok, but not as good as Cruel Melody material. I hope the whole song delivers the goods. Been far too long.

imail724
01-20-2012, 10:22 AM
So has anyone been able to get their hands on the new song yet? The soundtrack came out tuesday but the only way you can buy the song is if you buy the entire album. Good way to stop piracy assholes!
Where is SpiderBorland when you need him? He must have bought the soundtrack...

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDX5SEBXfRk

Harry Seaward
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Nothing special.

Reznor2112
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Goddamn I love this song. I want a new record now!

I'll probably pick the soundtrack up soon but it will drop before then on your favorite t0rrent sites.

aggroculture
02-04-2012, 07:28 AM
From Borland's Twitter: "New BLB, 'The Moment You Realize You're Going To Fall' shooting for a September/October release, with US and European tours. That's the goal."

Pretty clumsy title, if that's what it is.

Demogorgon
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
From Borland's Twitter: "New BLB, 'The Moment You Realize You're Going To Fall' shooting for a September/October release, with US and European tours. That's the goal."

Pretty clumsy title, if that's what it is.

that's already the title of a song of his, an unreleased track that played on their website promoting Cruel Melody if i remember right. i ripped it at the time; it's an instrumental. i wonder if that means the new album will be more instrumental leaning.

Reznor2112
02-04-2012, 10:58 AM
that's already the title of a song of his, an unreleased track that played on their website promoting Cruel Melody if i remember right. i ripped it at the time; it's an instrumental. i wonder if that means the new album will be more instrumental leaning.

And a badass unreleased song at that. The full title "The Moment in Which you Realize You Are Going to Fall". Its pretty cool that this is the album title because I am in pre-production for a short film/music video for the instrumental track for my final film project before I graduate.

Space Suicide
02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Interesting title and a long ass ways from now for release....shit.

I hope it's not so instrumental based, not saying I don't like it but I like Wes' vocals.

think i'm a fire engine
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I liked I Want You To better than this new track.

imail724
02-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Agreed. I Want You To is fantastic.

Harry Seaward
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
It sucks that Wes wasn't happy with Cruel Melody, that album was gold. I don't like the direction the newer songs are going. I guess Danny Lohner just knows what I like.

aggroculture
02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Maybe he ended up being ashamed of the NIN/Manson proximity. Shame.

oldschool
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
It sucks that Wes wasn't happy with Cruel Melody, that album was gold. I don't like the direction the newer songs are going. I guess Danny Lohner just knows what I like.

I kind of doubt he hates Cruel Melody. I think actually seeing the quote would probably add some context.

Artists talk in slightly negative terms about their previous work all time. I think it's not so much that they hate their past (although that is sometimes the case), just that they're more excited about what they are doing in the present.

Anyway, here's Wes preforming "The Moment In Which You Realize You Are Going to Fall" solo from a couple years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-h7Zgh1EU

I remember him mentioning he had "special plans" for the song awhile back.

Reznor2112
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Wes did say he was unhappy with the mixes of Cruel Melody. He said that Lohner took them into his own hands.

Wes wanted the record to sound more like Mesopotamia, which was the last recorded song.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Interesting title and a long ass ways from now for release....shit.

I hope it's not so instrumental based, not saying I don't like it but I like Wes' vocals.

At least we have a very rough timeline. I just hope the plan works out and they don't have to push it back aaany further.

I liked I Want You To better than this new track.

Not to say I don't dig this new track, but I agree.

Reznor2112
02-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I doubt it will be pushed back. Wes stated that they had over 22 songs recorded for this record back before LB's Gold Cobra was even released last year but did not have a way of releasing it at the time.

Also, if anyone wants the full 8 min studio version of "The Moment in which You Realize You Are Going To Fall" just message me.

LaneSax
05-26-2012, 05:37 AM
so according to Wes on Twitter, the album will have 15 tracks with 2 bonus tracks.
Plus he said he will preview a track online in weeks!

Reznor2112
05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Via Wes Borland twitter:

Did I just post an 'in progress' picture of the new Black Light Burns album cover painting?
http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/470da4569b1911e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Space Suicide
05-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Wes is a talented painter. Even if I hate Limp Bizkit the artwork he did for some of their covers and singles were excellent.

I want new BLB, dammit...how many years does it have to take?

Harry Seaward
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
New song isn't bad at all. (http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/06/01/black-light-burns-scream-hallelujah-song/)

Conan The Barbarian
05-31-2012, 11:36 PM
its cool. Has a Mesopotamia vibe. but nothing beats that song lol.

aggroculture
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Not bad at all. I loved CM but it's nice to hear he's finally losing the NIN/Manson thing.

LaneSax
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM
not bad, but pretty average after first listen.
Delighted we have a release date at least!

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Am I the only person who was hoping they'd mention something, anything, about a tour? :P

I dig the new song, definitely gonna be a day-one purchase. I've got faith in this album, especially if "It Rapes All In Its Path" is any indication of the other tracks. Also - Whoa, "I Want You To" is gonna be on the album? Not that I'm disappointed, I love that song. Just didn't expect to see it there.

imail724
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Wes has mentioned on twitter that there will be a tour end of this year or beginning of next.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dlb
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Good song and I love that promo pic of Wes on that site. The artwork is pretty dope, too as I was a little dissapointed by his latest works for Limp Bizkit especially those girls with their tongues out. Looking forward to the album!

_incoma_
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Still not over The Damning Well dissipation... BLB was cool but didn't quite hit the mark for me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Wes has mentioned on twitter that there will be a tour end of this year or beginning of next.

Awesooome. I really need to start paying attention to my Twitter again...Thanks!

Still not over The Damning Well dissipation... BLB was cool but didn't quite hit the mark for me.

I still can't forgive myself for going to a Filter meet and greet and COMPLETELY FORGETTING to ask Richard about The Damning Well, despite that being the only thing on my mind for a couple of weeks prior to the show. :P

Space Suicide
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Love the news, the cover and the song!

imail724
06-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm obsessed with Scream Hallelujah. Between that and I Want You To, this album is looking to be one of the best of '12.

Edit: not to mention How To Look Naked and the title track.

Failure
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I still can't forgive myself for going to a Filter meet and greet and COMPLETELY FORGETTING to ask Richard about The Damning Well, despite that being the only thing on my mind for a couple of weeks prior to the show. :P

I actually met Richard Patrick last summer and the first thing I asked him about was the "lost" Damning Well material. He sort of laughed and said most of the original ideas ended up on various other albums (Anthems, CM, etc.). But then he did say that he hadn't spoken to Danny Lohner in a while and that he needed to "get back in the studio with him". Not like that is ever going to happen...

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-11-2012, 11:24 AM
That's about what I'd heard about it all, too. It's a real shame, because I feel like The Damning Well could have turned out to be one of the best "supergroups" out there. Part Filter, APC, NIN, BLB, all rolled into one.

What if it's being turned into the secret new project "FACPilteNINBLBr??"

Reznor2112
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I absolutley love this new track and I Want You To. Buuut, I am really excited to see what happens with "TMYRYGTF" considering that track was a 8 min instrumental released a few years back.

anyways, glad to see an album come out in this day and age with more than 9 songs!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2012/05/blbcoverlr.jpg

01. How to Look Naked
02. We Light Up
03. I Want You To
04. The Girl in Black
05. The Colour Escapes
06. Tiger by the Tail
07. Your Head Will be Rotting on a Spike
08. Torch From The Sky
09. Because of You
10. Splayed
11. Scream Hallelujah
12. Bakelite
13. Burn the World
14. Grinning Like a Slit
15. The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall

And for those who have not heard the new song:

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/06/01/black-light-burns-scream-hallelujah-song/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2012/05/blbmidres.jpg

_incoma_
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
That's pretty damn cool. I have always wondered what could have been. It was totally the only other supergroup at the time other than Tapeworm and A Perfect Circle that seemed worth paying attention to. Hope some of those old demos make it out someday.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
As many times as I've listened to "Iodine Sky," I've NEVER heard those lyrics said at the very end. I don't know how I missed those. They completely change the tone of the song for me.

Space Suicide
06-16-2012, 02:52 PM
As many times as I've listened to "Iodine Sky," I've NEVER heard those lyrics said at the very end. I don't know how I missed those. They completely change the tone of the song for me.

Iodine Sky is so haunting sounding and somber. It gives me a feeling of dread when I listen to it. I love it. Walking outside in pitch black with it on your headphones and that's it makes the experience even better.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Iodine Sky is so haunting sounding and somber. It gives me a feeling of dread when I listen to it. I love it. Walking outside in pitch black with it on your ehadphones and that's it it makes the experience even better.

That's kinda when I heard them for the first time. I was walking home from work one night, just me and an empty street, music cranked up (since it's a quieter song. I usually try not to completely zone out if I'm walking around at night). Then I could barely make it out, even at like, 75% volume. I had to turn it up all the way and really LISTEN to hear it. It was haunting as hell. That's part of what I love SO much about BLB's quieter/instrumental stuff. "The Moment," "Drowning Together, Dying Alone," "I Am Where It Takes Me," and "Iodine Sky" are absolute masterpieces in general, not just from the band. I really can't wait to see if any others show up on the new album.

Also, looking through their wiki and stuff, I never realized how many of the new songs were played on previous tours and stuff. He must have been sitting on a LOT of re-usable material, which is both good and bad. I was really hoping for an all-new album, but it's only inevitable that bands might re-use certain songs on later albums if they don't have a place in the current cycle, or even use parts from songs from other projects, like The Damning Well. Bottom line: More Black Light Burns is ALWAYS good, no exceptions.

wight rabbit
06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
For those of you that have never heard it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNIaQNhdXk

Edit: I've seen a video of him performing this track live, but I can't seem to find it... He played it by himself with a looper pedal and his guitar (+effects, of course). I love that sort of thing.

Reznor2112
06-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Live version of The Moment (in which you) Realize You Are Going to Fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-h7Zgh1EU

wight rabbit
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Damn it! I knew it was one of the clinic vids. Good find!

Harry Seaward
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
"Download the new Black Light Burns track 'Splayed' for free @ http://www.blacklightburnsofficial.com/"

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Fucking finally. Downloading now.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Can't fuckin' WAIT for this album. I went ahead and pre-ordered that limited vinyl...I'm not big into vinyl, but with it being limited, numbered, autographed with invisible ink, and having a download of the album (plus "maybe some bonus stuff"), I couldn't resist. My apartment's gonna have a blacklight for my Bioshock 2 posters, so this would just look really good in a frame nearby.

Edit: Also, it looks like they launched a new forum on cruelmelody.net. No activity yet, but eh, I signed up.

LaneSax
06-28-2012, 10:14 PM
damn i really cannot wait for this to drop. Splayed is really good. I like that it is also a departure from Cruel Melody with a different sound.

THE JOHNNY ROOK
06-30-2012, 01:12 AM
Sorry if I missed it but when is the new album being released? I loved Cruel Melody and really looking forward to this!

voidnz
06-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Splayed is very cool. Digging it. Can't wait for full album.

imail724
06-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Sorry if I missed it but when is the new album being released? I loved Cruel Melody and really looking forward to this!

August

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
New video posted!

Black Light Burns, The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 1.
Directed By Agata Alexander

http://blacklightburnsofficial.tumblr.com/post/27148072719/black-light-burns-the-moment-you-realize-youre

Also: HOLY SHIT. It's already one month away.

dlb
07-14-2012, 08:57 AM
don't know if posted already, but amazon Germany has some snippets up:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008JIUWP8/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1342274127&sr=8-18

Space Suicide
07-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks, I'm loving those previews.

LaneSax
07-14-2012, 11:01 AM
sounds great, so War is a bonus track for the European version then?
Hoping it's a hidden track or something cos it's one of my faves

wight rabbit
07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Awesome! That definitely pushed my enthusiasm for the album even higher. I'll definitely be purchasing this.

dlb
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
It doesn't sound as coherent as cruel melody, but very interesting indeed. As I already enjoyed hallelujah and splayed I think I will be more than happy with this one!

I also get a huge kick out of that promo video. Especially when he's coming out of the waves. My love for this guy is totally restored. Wes used to be one of my ultimate teenage heroes back in the day and I remember being ultimately flattered talking to him and his brother on various occasions on the Eat the Day-message boards, but then I kind of thought I had outgrown him only to discover that he was not standing still at all. This guys' creativity just blows me away eventough I'm not 100% behind everything he does. August can't come soon enough.

Space Suicide
07-14-2012, 02:50 PM
It doesn't sound as coherent as cruel melody, but very interesting indeed. As I already enjoyed hallelujah and splayed I think I will be more than happy with this one!

I also get a huge kick out of that promo video. Especially when he's coming out of the waves. My love for this guy is totally restored. Wes used to be one of my ultimate teenage heroes back in the day and I remember being ultimately flattered talking to him and his brother on various occasions on the Eat the Day-message boards, but then I kind of thought I had outgrown him only to discover that he was not standing still at all. This guys' creativity just blows me away eventough I'm not 100% behind everything he does. August can't come soon enough.

He has great talent and has creativity through the roof. Baffles me why he went back to Limp Dickshit for a while before we could get this gem. I know he had no label but come on.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Heh, I thought this was pretty cool. I didn't know he'd popped up on this show. Or that he collected skulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxcg5OhjZ4

aggroculture
07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I will reserve judgment until I hear the entire thing, but the two songs I have heard from the new album so far have been disappointing. Splayed is particularly horrible.

Edit:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008JIUWP8/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1342274127&sr=8-18

Oh God I just listened to some of those previews and those goth vocals + 90s alt.rock riffs are not doing it for me at all. But in particular those vocals ugh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-14-2012, 07:19 PM
They also just posted a picture of Wes writing out what appears to be a rough setlist. I can't seem to link it from my iPod, but it's on their Facebook if you wanna see it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-19-2012, 07:39 AM
So I'm watching this Wes Borland Interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWxQMywfk4

And at about 2 minutes, I thought I recognized the venue where they're setting up, so I do a little googling...

It's at the Cotillion, in Wichita, about 40 minutes from here, two days after my 17th birthday.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

LaneSax
07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
according to Wes on Twitter, the new single will be heard next Tuesday!
It will be "How To Look Naked"

dlb
07-29-2012, 09:54 AM
new chapter coming at us in the next couple of days. Think they will release it together with the new song on Tuesday:

https://vimeo.com/46522513

EDIT: oh, looks like that video IS already chapter 2. Thought this might have been a teaser for the upcoming music video.

Space Suicide
07-29-2012, 10:33 AM
So very sooooooooooon.

Gah, hurry up!

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Huh, I've never seen an effect like that before. Pretty awesome! I wonder what the rest of Chapter 2 will be like.

Oh yeah, TWO WEEKS! And like, two days!

Harry Seaward
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
http://soundcloud.com/johnny-firecloud/black-light-burns-how-to-look

'How To Look Naked' premiere.

Harry Seaward
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Also...

So far, we have two songs, one video teaser, and one teaser for another teaser? Am I missing anything relating to this release?

dlb
07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
4 songs actually: I want you to, scream hallelujah, splayed and now how to look naked

5 songs if you count the moment you realize you're going to fall and if it actually is the full song and not edited for the album teaser since on wikipedia it says 6:53 for its runtime.

I wonder if we will get a proper single and a music video (chapter 1 is pretty much a music video, but not a real single).

Harry Seaward
07-31-2012, 02:37 PM
4 songs actually: I want you to, scream hallelujah, splayed and now how to look naked

5 songs if you count the moment you realize you're going to fall and if it actually is the full song and not edited for the album teaser since on wikipedia it says 6:53 for its runtime.

I wonder if we will get a proper single and a music video (chapter 1 is pretty much a music video, but not a real single).

Shows how much attention I've been paying. Thanks.

So I've compiled this for another forum, and I figured I'd post it here, for ease of access if anything.

- How To Look Naked (full track premiere.) (http://soundcloud.com/johnny-firecloud/black-light-burns-how-to-look)
- Splayed (free track download.) (http://blacklightburnsofficial.com/)
- Scream Hallelujah (full track.) (http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/06/01/black-light-burns-scream-hallelujah-song/)
- I Want You To (full track.) (http://goo.gl/6J1mx)
- The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 1 (album teaser video) (http://vimeo.com/45718571)
- The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 2 (pre-teaser teaser video) (http://vimeo.com/46522513)

dlb
07-31-2012, 03:02 PM
and we got the previews on amazon.de: http://www.amazon.de/Moment-Realize-Youre-Going-Fall/dp/B008BP1OAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343764871&sr=8-1

funny thing is that they've since deleted the preview for the bonus track war.

LaneSax
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
best track so far. love it!

anyone know which versions will contain War? Thanks

dlb
08-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Guess it is just for the digital version. Don't know if it's Germany or Europe exclusive, but my iTunes has "my gun" as track 16 while amazon.de has "war" as a bonus track.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Jesus. I'm gonna lose my shit once I can get to one of the upcoming shows. This album can't get here fast enough. Especially because I get the feeling that Wes is holding back the best songs for the official release.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with the ones we've heard so far. Just a gut feeling that even better things are in store.

Edit: I'll never understand why some "clean" copies of albums exist - like Cruel Melody. Who out there thinks their kid can handle all of the themes and images from that record, but just isn't ready for them to hear the F-bomb yet? I know this is the wrong place to bitch about that, I just wanted to say something after seeing the "clean" version in the iTunes store. :P

eversonpoe
08-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Edit: I'll never understand why some "clean" copies of albums exist - like Cruel Melody. Who out there thinks their kid can handle all of the themes and images from that record, but just isn't ready for them to hear the F-bomb yet? I know this is the wrong place to bitch about that, I just wanted to say something after seeing the "clean" version in the iTunes store. :P

can you imagine a "clean" version of the downward spiral. hahahaha.

Demogorgon
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM
can you imagine a "clean" version of the downward spiral. hahahaha.

if you've ever heard the "clean pussy" edit of Closer, you'll already know how ridiculous that would sound. i think there's a clean version of March of the Pigs as well, on one of the promos.

kdrcraig
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Just pre-ordered from amazon. I completely forgot a new album was in the works until I stumbled across this thread, glad I did.

TinDefacto
08-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Aha, finally, it leaked!

Demogorgon
08-08-2012, 08:22 AM
edit: nevermind, found it.

first impressions: the lyrics are really dumb. i mean, the lyrics from "Cruel Melody" weren't groundbreaking or anything, but they had some depth to them for the most part. this album... not so much. there's a lot of generic imagery and repeated motifs. the music is good though, and i like the way Wes delivers the vocals, so maybe it'll grow a bit more on me. i like the mix for "I Want You To" on this album as opposed to the one on the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans soundtrack. this one has less mud in the bass, so there's less distortion when you crank it up. i also really like "The Colour Escapes", and the little guitar jam breakdown at the end of "Torch From the Sky" is pretty sweet, nice and chill. i may post a more in-depth review later when i've had the chance to digest everything.

tyrannus
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I cant wait to hear this. 6 more days :|

Those with it, MOAR DESCRIPTION!

imail724
08-08-2012, 01:20 PM
It's super good so far (track 4). Totally different from CM.

Space Suicide
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Anyone care to help a brutha out? *Wink wink nudge nudge*

imail724
08-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Is this a legitimate "leak" or was it released in another country already?

Space Suicide
08-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Is this a legitimate "leak" or was it released in another country already?

Leak, every failed link I'm finding is calling this a rough mix of the album.

imail724
08-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Definitely sounds properly mastered to me.

TinDefacto
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Just finished my first listen... it is very different from Cruel Melody, but still obviously Black Light Burns. To be honest, I'm not very impressed with my first listen. There were no songs I found myself liking but for "Bakelight" and, of course, the title track. I'd been hoping the album would be much better than some of the released songs--"Splayed", "Scream Hallelujah"--that I hadn't liked, but it's just not. At least, upon my first listen. Hopefully it'll grow on me, of course.

And is it just me, or is his vocal delivery getting worse? I know some of you will disagree with me, but he sounds very off-key and just plain terrible at times, especially in "Splayed" and "Scream Hallelujah"--and in a bad way.

Anyway, yeah, hopefully I'll be able to change my mind after subsequent listens!

Reznor2112
08-08-2012, 03:20 PM
EDIT* Found it

Harry Seaward
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I certainly wouldn't argue against a link if anyone would be so kind.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-08-2012, 08:56 PM
"Chapter 1" US tour dates are up on Facebook! As hoped, my pants have been shat.

"Black Light Burns U.S. Tour: Chapter One" Tour Dates (w/ Psychostick, The Witch Was Right):

09/13 – Lancaster, CA @ Industry Theater
09/14 – Fresno, CA @ Babylon
09/15 – Las Vegas, NV @ Bunkhouse
09/18 – Austin, TX @ Dirty Dog
09/19 – Little Rock, AR @ Juanita’s
09/20 – Fort Worth, TX @ Tomcats West
09/21 – Norman, OK @ Hidden Castle
09/22 – Kansas City, MO @ Aftershock
09/25 – San Antonio, TX @ Korova
09/26 – El Paso, TX @ House Of Rock
09/27 – Tempe, AZ @ Rocky Point Cantina
09/29 – Sacramento, CA @ Boardwalk
09/30 – W. Hollywood, CA @ Whisky A Go Go

For more information, please visit:www.facebook.com/blacklightburnsofficial (http://www.facebook.com/blacklightburnsofficial).

Space Suicide
08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Why do bands hit up the same cities and states every tour? Jesus Christ, no one ever books shit here rarely.

Conan The Barbarian
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
*cough* pm? *cough*

Reznor2112
08-09-2012, 08:33 AM
spoiler...

JESUS THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING 9/10

Review:

1. How to Look Naked - 7/10 Perfect opener, raw vocals. Awesome song to drink to.

2. We Light Up - 7/10 Keep drinking. Party anthem of the album.

3. I Want You To - 4/10 Good track but would rather have seen a new song than a Underworld OST re release.

4. The Girl In Black - 8/10 Awesome fuckin song. Sounds like a With Teeth b-side.

5. The Colour Escapes - 8/10 Bono?

6. Tiger By the Tail - 6/10 What the fuck were you on man? Crazy vocals.

7. Your Head... - 6/10 Cool little track.

8. Torch From The Sky - 9.5/10 Fucking EPIC intermission track. The entire song is amazing.

9. Because of You - 8/10 Awesome straight rock song. Possible single.

10. Splayed - 7/10 Crazy ass punk song pt. 1

11. Scream Hallelujah - 7/10 Crazy ass punk song pt. 2

12. Bakelite - 8/10 Nice change of pace after the previous two tracks.

13. Burn The World - 9/10 Really cool moody track. (Cruel Melody leftover?)

14. Grinning Like a Slit - 8/10 I love the instrumentation in this song. Cool guitar work.

15. TMYRYGTF - 10/10 PERFECT classic Wes Borland. Although this is an altered version from the original 8 min via the Borland Gallery site. None the less an amazing piece of work.

All in all this album beats Cruel Melody out of the fucking park. I loved CM but after listening to this, all of the songs on CM seem over produced. Now I understand the route Wes wanted to take with CM but didn't because of Danny Lohner. According to Wes, Wes didn't like the mixes of CM.

To get an idea, this situation is similar to Pearl Jam's Ten going into VS. Vedder hated the over produced commercial mixes of Ten so they made VS. more raw.

The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall is just that. A raw plethora of sporadic moods and psychedelic tantrums revolving around the ever creepy and undeniably mesmerizing allure of Wes Borland. This is a mix of punk infused/80's goth rock for the NIN generation. If you are looking for Cruel Melody do not venture here. If you do give the WHOLE album a shot, I believe you will be pleased that you did and you will hear an album that is a fresh aenima :rolleyes: to this time of Biebers and Carly Rae whatevers.

Happy listening.

Space Suicide
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Good album but I actually like and prefer Cruel Melody more.

RJK
08-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I would love to be pointed in the right direction for this record....pm please

dlb
08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
how good is the leak? otherwise you might want to wait until tomorrow because that's when the album drops in Europe. Some people might already have it as of today.

TinDefacto
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
how good is the leak? otherwise you might want to wait until tomorrow because that's when the album drops in Europe. Some people might already have it as of today. The one I have is only 192kpbs.

imail724
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Shit I was planning on picking this up today but none of the best buys in my area carry it. Is it available in any BB stores? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=6013888&searchpage=true&_requestid=20269

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Finally got the vinyl in the mail! Can't wait to listen to this thing. My player's all packed up, but I'm gonna burn the digital copy to a CD/put it on my iPod and listen to it while I'm packing and driving around with friends before I move tomorrow.

Also, if no one else noticed, you can buy the bonus track "My Gun" on iTunes without buying the entire album. Had to get it. :P

AND...I don't think anyone'll care, but in case someone else got the vinyl and wanted to know what number I got, it was 872/1000, with ink from 871 imprinted on the front from when they were stacked on top of each other.

Space Suicide
08-14-2012, 05:49 PM
I love how everyone is wigging out on this album. :p

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I dig it sooo much! I'm only about halfway, but I haven't hit a song I don't like. The Color Escapes is gorgeous, and even the newly mixed version of I Want You To sounds pretty slick - I think I like it better than the Underworld version, but the differences are subtle.

LaneSax
08-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Bonus track War for those who haven't heard it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGORtR73Eg

Piko
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM
It's out? Or just leaked? Forgot all about it. Gonna have to get this when I get home.

LaneSax
08-16-2012, 09:08 AM
yep the album was released earlier in the week.
Haven't found download links for the bonus tracks though, sucks being an international fan where I can't buy any of the bonus tracks to support the band argh.

My Gun is a lot better than War from the streams I heard.

dlb
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM
is there a digital booklet available? haven't seen anything.

oldschool
08-16-2012, 02:48 PM
If anyone's interested, there's a new Black Light Burns board up and running — http://blacklightboards.org/index.php.

Come join us!

caca
08-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I loved the first album, but thought the follow up sucked.

This album, however, is badass. Loving it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-16-2012, 05:08 PM
If anyone's interested, there's a new Black Light Burns board up and running — http://blacklightboards.org/index.php.

Come join us!

I'll have to sign up in a bit. It seems like this board gets a lot more activity than CruelMelody.net or whatever it was.

Also, since the album's out now, and it's got a different version - Does anyone wanna hook me up with a PM about where I can download the original version of "The Moment In Which You Realize You Are Going To Fall?" The album version's great, but I really like the older one, too...Thanks in advance!

Shit. I just wanted to say I love how natural and human this album sounds. The unpolished and strained vocal work is PERFECT for this project

Here's a pretty good interview, too. http://www.antiquiet.com/interviews/2012/08/wes-borland-interview-2012-black-light-burns/

dionysus74
08-16-2012, 09:20 PM
CDJapan has the new album with both bonus tracks. Anyone know if the import version on Amazon is the same one?

wight rabbit
08-17-2012, 02:26 AM
I finally managed to snag myself a physical copy of the album after failed attempts at other stores. I went in having heard snippets already, but upon hearing the tracks in full I was blown away. Sure, Wes' lyrics are a bit odd at times, but this is Wes Borland we're talking about. I feel this album is a better representation of himself through music than Cruel Melody and he sounds like he's much more comfortable with the sound he presents on this album. On the note of his vocal abilities, I feel that he is intentionally sounding "off" in parts for effect. You can clearly tell he can sing just fine on other tracks. My favorite track, so far, is "The Girl in Black."

dlb
08-17-2012, 05:44 AM
Read the interview! He talks about different sounds that can be heard on the album and about his vocal recording style. A very good read if you enjoy the album!

So far I haven't really given most tracks a chance since I got stuck with the amazing first half of the record. But I already agree with what you guys said, that this is a far more typical record for Borland than cruel melody was. I'm just surprised that nothing sounds like Limp Bizkit. Only the title track bares some resemblance to his guitar-sound that he used on chocolate starfish.

It's far from being a life-altering record though, but it is definitely filled with great ideas and sheer creativity. A perfect hard hitting record for the summer to me.

aggroculture
08-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Is the booklet worth having/has some nice WB paintings in it? Or do I just get the dl?

Harry Seaward
08-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Gets better with every listen.

thelastdisciple
08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Apparently Limp Bizkit is finito, looks like we might get a lot more attention toward BLB now thank goodness :)

Album no.3 could be a heck of a lot faster if that's the case.

imail724
08-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Please tell me that is true

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I thought I read somewhere last week that Fred said that he's gearing up for finishing The Unquestionable Truth part 2 AND a new full-length soon. No idea how far along they are, but it seems like he's giving himself time to work on it, which is totally fine, because that'll just give Wes more time to work on the next BLB release, which he's apparently already started brainstorming for.

I think Tiger By The Tail is one of the most haunting songs on this album for me. It's such a simple song, but the music during every verse just gives me chills

Piko
08-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Pretty sure LB is still active. Think they signed with Cash Money... But I also saw something about the new album. Hopefully they split again though.

thelastdisciple
08-17-2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/fred-durst-admits-limp-bizkit-is-over

http://gawker.com/5935624/end-of-an-era-fred-durst-says-limp-bizkit-is-over

I got those two links, i don't know how direct of a confirmation it is could just be Mr. Durst with a lack of confidence, could be blown out of proportion...

Anyways it's been spreading around the net like wild fire and at this point i guess it's just an assumption that LB is done. I took a peek at Freddy's twitter page but didn't see anything to confirm so not entirely sure.

Space Suicide
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/65573

The main man, Fred 'D-Bag' Durst stated it himself.

thelastdisciple
08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Fuck....... Wes Borland just said this:

LB has not called it quits. That article is insane. Thanks for your concerns, but we're all good over here.

https://twitter.com/wesborland/status/236510554884288512

Space Suicide
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
May be so but

Black Light Burns > Limp Dickshit

Harry Seaward
08-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Well, they got a new Facebook cover photo. Link to full size (1500x1000). (http://i.imgur.com/yhWHw.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/yhWHw.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Looks like the live shows are gonna be worth the money.

bobbie solo
08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
hey, nice tits

aggroculture
08-19-2012, 05:39 AM
The brunette appears in some of his paintings. Is that his wife?

#gossip hound

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I really like how much they're using Facebook this time around. For all I know, it's on Twitter, too, but I haven't gotten around to using that yet.

We weren't originally planning on playing The Girl In Black or The Colour Escapes on this tour, but we've heard you loud and clear.... and now we are.

kdrcraig
08-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I didn't like the new album all that much on the first listen but now that I've gotten through it 3 or 4 times I'm really liking it. It's a lot different than Cruel Melody but still awesome.

aggroculture
08-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Is the booklet worth having/has some nice WB paintings in it? Or do I just get the dl?

So I guess nobody here bought a physical copy.

kdrcraig
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I bought a physical copy, haven't looked at the booklet though.

LaneSax
08-21-2012, 10:27 AM
i bought the physical, did not receive any booklet just credits on the digipak

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I bought the vinyl, and I'm pretty sure the artwork and credits are all the same as the digipak. No additional pages or anything.

Edit: V Nice, I didn't realized he'd posted them all. I just saw "How To Look Naked" and assumed he'd do it one song at a time or something. Copied and saved! Thanks!

wight rabbit
08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
So I guess nobody here bought a physical copy.

I did. No booklet, just a digipak with credits and artwork as previously mentioned. Wes posted all the lyrics on Facebook, though.

Edit: I can't copy and paste the lyrics Wes posted, so here's a link to the update he posted: https://www.facebook.com/BlackLightBurnsOfficial/posts/349484185132640

imail724
08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone else notice the thank you to Trent in the credits. Thought that was pretty cool. Especially after reading "All vocals and instruments by Wes Borland" which reminded me of "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor".

wight rabbit
08-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Anyone else notice the thank you to Trent in the credits. Thought that was pretty cool. Especially after reading "All vocals and instruments by Wes Borland" which reminded me of "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor".

I'm pretty sure he thanked him in the Cruel Melody​ credits, too.

dlb
08-25-2012, 06:57 PM
so if there is no digital booklet is anyone able to post a high resolution image/scan of that one blueish picture with Wes and the squid in his mouth thing?

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure he thanked him in the Cruel Melody​ credits, too.

Yup! Looks like he was. As is Jon Bates from Mellowdrone/Big Black Delta. I wasn't expecting that.

oldschool
08-27-2012, 04:35 AM
Yup! Looks like he was. As is Jon Bates from Mellowdrone/Big Black Delta. I wasn't expecting that.

I remember way back when he abandoned Eat the Day and started making what I think eventually became Cruel Melody, he said Jonathan Bates would be involved in the project. Jon talked about it once and compared the music to PJ Harvey and Motown.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/wes_borlands_solo_cd.html?no_takeover

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks like they're pulling out all their old tour merch and getting rid of it on this tour, like Cover Your Heart and Order of the Black Light, PLUS all their new crap.

Jesus, I need to get a job.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhRssl86m0

dlb
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I really hope some promoter is trying to get BLB over here. This just needs to happen as I'm sure this will be a wild show although the album has worn off a bit for me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Looks like they've launched a remix contest for "Scream Hallelujah." I'm gonna try it! I've never done a remix before. Or really anything on a computer. So it'll be fun.

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/black-light-burns-scream-hallelujah-remix-contest?enter_opportunity=true

dlb
09-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Well, looks like the band will be posting their first Euro gigs this week... curious on where they will go and hopefully somewhere near. :o

Reznor2112
09-13-2012, 09:01 PM
OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME?? I cant wait for the show Wednesday!!!

http://vimeo.com/49420231

Harry Seaward
09-13-2012, 09:24 PM
OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME?? I cant wait for the show Wednesday!!!

Seriously, holy shit! Is it just me, or was that fucking awesome?!

imail724
09-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Christ that video is awesome.

LaneSax
09-13-2012, 10:10 PM
wow that is really really good.

bobbie solo
09-14-2012, 12:33 AM
first time listening to this band. musically, song is pretty dope. Video didn't make any sense, but was awesome visually. i kept wanting to see what was gonna come next. also, tits. lots of big tits. Wes knows his audience i guess.
f
Now, dude can't sing. really disliked his voice, and the lack of reverb on it made it even flatter to me. I felt like he was ripping off 90's Trent pretty hard at times with his stage presence.

Harry Seaward
09-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Now, dude can't sing. really disliked his voice, and the lack of reverb on it made it even flatter to me.

I think you should listen a few more songs, at least. I won't deny that his voice is his kinda iffy sometimes, but he takes on more than one singing style at different times. So while you may not dig his voice in this song, that doesn't necessarily mean you won't like it in any of the songs.

dlb
09-14-2012, 08:09 AM
I could have done without the rather stupid prologue, but I can see where it fits into the greater schemes of the whole video. Still I expected a little bit more rather than quick shots of surreal imagery. "how to look naked" being one of my least favorite tracks of the album doesn't help either. I liked chapter 1 alot better. the end was typical Borland humor, though. Gotta love that!

As shitty as the record ultimately was, Manson's "overneath the path of misery" remains my favorite surreal video of the last few years.

Anway, it's great to see that Wes' got so much creativity in him so the upcoming shows should be nothing short of amazing! Personally I can't wait for the Euro announcement! He's definitely on fire right now!

EDIT: it gets better with repeated viewings. I still don't get the prologue, but I really like the performance part of the song. very wish-like.

eversonpoe
09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
that was so fucking awesome!

first, i love wes' mustache and general look right now. the whole button-up shirt/vest thing really does it for me (that's how i try to dress most days when i'm not working).
second, his vocals (if you're a fan) were great. the verses reminded me of nick cave, a bit, which was awesome.
third, that video was insane. i couldn't stop laughing during the doctor's office scene, and everything but the tentacle sucking (which was a little gross) had my jaw opening wider and wider.

i really need to get the new album...

tyrannus
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
i really need to get the new album...
yes you do. it's epic.

eversonpoe
09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
ok, i grabbed it today and listened to it on the train. overall, it was fantastic. i loved almost all of the songs (and still quite liked the ones i didn't love) and i thought it was extremely cohesive.

however, the dynamics were completely non-existent. this was mastered (and possibly even partially mixed) terribly. it sounded like it was pinned the whole time, with absolutely no headroom, and it made it hard to want to rock out during the parts that i felt should have been louder. i would think that wes would be the kind of person who would insist on good dynamics in his music (cruel melody definitely did not have the same problem).

other than that, i'm very happy with the album.

Conan The Barbarian
09-14-2012, 10:24 PM
So Wes just tweeted this link to stream the live show, I dont know if it is BLB, but I am pretty sure it is.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/longbox

They go on about 11 pm pacific time.

Harry Seaward
09-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Judging from the last two and a half songs I've heard on that livestream, Wes' live singing voice sounds pretty bad.

voidnz
09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah it's horrible. The mix doesn't help. It wasn't as bad on the first tour from the videos i've seen.

Piko
09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
I think his voice was much better on the first album (even live) than it is now.

poinoup
09-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Finally gave this a listen, and I was hesitant to. I really enjoyed CM, but I was lukewarm at best to the cover album. It's pretty good though still.

I recall someone discussing the dynamics earlier and I agree tenfold. I played it through a 5.1 system and even from the first track it seems to lack the range. The chorus of "Naked" is a great example, as it should just pound~!, but trots along at the same level.

Really digging "Well Enough Alone" and "The Colour Escapes" though. This may get up there with CM with a few more listens.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, if I can't make the show this Saturday, would anyone be willing to pick up a copy of Order of the Blacklight for me? I could pay you back right away, plus enough to cover shipping, and maybe a little extra for your trouble.

scotty79
09-21-2012, 03:28 PM
2 tickets for the Glasgow show purchased, roll on the end of january

wight rabbit
09-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Really digging "Well Enough Alone"

You mean "The Girl in Black," right?

Also- his voice doesn't sound too bad in this video (it's actually "Coward," not "4 Walls"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5BjsZP0Zo

poinoup
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Well shit. I guess that's the line that stood out for me. My bad.

After a few more listens, it's really grown on me. If we had to go through Gold Cobra to get to this, it was worth it for me.

wight rabbit
09-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Well shit. I guess that's the line that stood out for me. My bad.

After a few more listens, it's really grown on me. If we had to go through Gold Cobra to get to this, it was worth it for me.

No worries. I was just confused when I read that. I kept scanning the back of my case to find what song you were talking about and then I heard the lyrics in my head and it clicked.

aggroculture
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
After picking at it discontentedly for a couple of months I have come to the conclusion - which coincides with my first exposure to the album's preview tracks - that the new BLB album is not only a crushing disappointment, but it is the disappointment of the year, and then some. Pretty much every riff, every lyric, every vocal line is a cliche' you've heard a ton of times before: the album as a whole has that "heard it all before" quality, and very little that inspires me to keep listening. Scream Hallelujah, for example: the whole "crazy preacher" thing has been done ad nauseam in rock, and this song adds nothing to that tradition. Cruel Melody was a strong debut album - this is a waste of time. Sounds like a bunch of song sketches, or demos that should have been thrown away before getting to the second album. The vocals sound like drunken karaoke – some random dude doing karaoke – they're so hokey and corny sometimes it hurts; and the lyrics are terrible. That goth stuff – if you are Pete Steele or Paul Banks, you can pull it off. But with Wes Borland here it’s just not happening at all. I just don't buy him as a vocalist any more - and I did on CM. This record completely lacks identity: it’s a mish-mash of different styles (basically 90s alt.rock with goth and post-punk tendencies) yet with no central vision holding it together. It manages to sound both shoddy and thrown together in a rush, and like a forced yet unsuccessful attempt to emulate that charismatic haphazardness and chaos of 90s alt.rock a la Jesus Lizard.

I really tried to like this album – because I enjoyed CM so much: I guess Danny Lohner, Josh Eustis and Josh Freese really played a major role there. They are sorely missed here. This new album is irretrievably mediocre: I don’t get what you guys who are loving it are hearing at all. The NINisms manage to sound more embarassing this time – and it’s a shame. There are some interesting ideas for songs here – the NIN-esque Your Head Will Be Rotting…stands out; and I like some of the riffs (Splayed has a cool and catchy Ministry vibe - ruined by the awful vocals); and the record has a kind of restless, manic energy – its one positive attribute in my eyes; but the execution and production are so poor it just nixes the record. As a whole it sounds flat and boring and dull. It also sounds nowhere close to being finished: bands like Melvins can pull that "sorta unfinished" style off, but not BLB. It’s clear to me now that WB is a team player: when part of an ensemble (be it LB or CM-era BLB) he shines; when he tries to take on the lion’s share he produces substandard work. This album is basically Anvil Pants part 2 – but with less memorable songs.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-23-2012, 03:33 AM
New album/EP/soundtrack thing coming soon! I'm excited for this.

1 month from today and 1 day before our European tour begins, we will be releasing a new concept album called 'Lotus Island'. It's 40 minutes long and includes 7 instrumental tracks, 3 brand new songs, and a complete remix and remaster of the song 'It Rapes All In It's Path'. The album can be listened to on it's own or experienced along with the 1973 Alejandro Jodorowsky film 'The Holy Mountain' ...as an alternative soundtrack during the first 40 minutes (before and up to the point where the movie launches into the individual stories of the most powerful people in the world). I wasn't sure at first whether or not to be forthright with the album being an alternative soundtrack to The Holy Mountain, but, in these times of short attention spanned entertainment, instant gratification, and a general lack of mystery of any kind where there's nothing left to hide without seeming cliche and a kitten falling on it's face gets more attention than an artist's heart and soul poured out into any medium you can shake a stick at, I decided to just go ahead and let the cat out of the bag before the bag ends up in the river and you can just (hopefully) enjoy it for what it is. I'm really excited about it, and if I can neatly wrap up this announcement gone rant without sounding like I've thrown my hands up in the air while saying "fuck it" (which I have not), I'm incredibly happy for you to hear it. It's also my first shot at mixing a record, which has been a mountain I've been trying to climb for a while, pun intended. Track listing is as follows:

1. The Alchemist
2. The Thief
3. The City
4. It's Good To Be Gold
5. The Opportunists
6. The Hate Of My Life
7. The Dancers
8. It Rapes All In It's Path
9. The Parasite
10. My Love Is Coming For You
11. The Master

Available worldwide on January 21st iTunes and Amazon. Physical copies available on our tour and through the merch store at blacklightburnsofficial.com

See you on the road. -Wes

Space Suicide
12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Awesome news but sucks I can't buy it somewhere that isn't their official website or on tour. Doubt I'll get a physical copy soon.

eversonpoe
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
two thoughts, since i've been listening to the album quite so often recently:

1. in "the girl in black" when wes sings "tonight, spook lights" i always hear "tonight's poop lights" and can't help but laugh

2. does anyone else have trouble making sense of the rhythm of the verses in "because of you"? as a musician (and someone who appreciates weird time signatures), it baffles me, and that makes me frustrated.

imail724
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Album cover and snippets (http://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Island/dp/B00ATCS11O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357492844&sr=8-1&keywords=black+light+burns+lotus+island)

voidnz
01-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Sounds good for what it is. It's a shame Wes gave it away because it was probably obvious enough from the cover/track lists anyway really.

Reznor2112
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
It's a shame Wes gave it away because it was probably obvious enough from the cover/track lists anyway really.

Not sure what you meant by this??

Really diggin the instrumental track samples. Wes' vocals do not sound good though. It seems he is trying to hard to be a Bowie/Peter Murphy wanna be.

voidnz
01-06-2013, 07:48 PM
The Holy Mountain thing. He posted a bit of a rant about how he wanted to keep it quiet but because of the way music works these days he didn't think he could.

imail724
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
So did anyone else sync up Lotus Island with The Holy Mountain? Pretty cool.

Reznor2112
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
So did anyone else sync up Lotus Island with The Holy Mountain? Pretty cool.

Yeah did it earlier today. Pretty cool alternative soundtrack.

Demogorgon
01-22-2013, 07:34 PM
i didn't do any syncing, but i did listen to the whole thing twice through on my way into work this morning. not bad. the first vocal track reminds me a lot of some older Marilyn Manson. as far as the overall tone, i like it a little better than i did the full album preceding it. his vocals seem more steady, more on point, and less slurring. the remixed, or remastered or whatever version of "It Rapes All In It's Path" is also really good, i think i like it better than the version from Underworld: Awakening. all in all i prefer this direction to the direction the album took, vocally.

imail724
01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
I wonder if Wes will ever think about doing a part 2 for the second half of the movie.

Madmya
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I think Lotus Island is my favourite BLB release.

scotty79
01-27-2013, 12:26 AM
I saw them in glasgow on Friday night and they were awesome, much better than what was expecting, wes also jumped straight into the crowd as soon as they finished talkin to people and having his picture taken with everyone

imail724
01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm addicted to My Love Is Coming For You. It's just so... weird.

Piko
01-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Enjoying the new album. Never seen the movie. Kinda makes me want to track it down now though.

imail724
01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5GhqtDCUHA

LaneSax
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
had no expectations for Lotus Island and I must admit it's a lot better than I expected.

kdrcraig
02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
I thought the new album was gonna be available on their website? I planned on getting it and completely forgot about it until yesterday but it's not on there.

LaneSax
02-01-2013, 08:15 AM
I thought the new album was gonna be available on their website? I planned on getting it and completely forgot about it until yesterday but it's not on there.
I got the physical cd from Amazon. The price increased by quite a bit though.

kdrcraig
02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
I got the physical cd from Amazon. The price increased by quite a bit though.

Thanks, didn't think to check amazon since they said it would only be available from them and on tour. It's up to $21.87 on there and it's currently out of stock. I'll keep an eye on it and worse come to worse I'll just buy it as mp3 from amazon or itunes once I get my iPhone 5 next week. Pretty pissed at myself that I forgot it was coming out.

Reznor2112
02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Didn't wanna bump LB thread...plus its more of a WB thing.

Old but Look how nervous this duder is. HAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGhNnOHhSk

Reznor2112
07-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Pretty Awesome video from Feb 2013 in Russia

Set list looked fucking killer for that show!
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-light-burns/2013/izvestiya-hall-moscow-russia-6bdb2ec6.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrcWsxA83w

I Want You To
Mesopotamia
It's Good To Be Gold
Cruel Melody
The Colour Escapes
The Hate of My Life
The Mark
We Light Up
Scream Hallelujah

Its weird. The only song that I think sounds like shit is The Mark. The rest sound awesome. I think its the fact that the way the songs on Lotus & TMYRYGTF are played live EXACTLY how they were recorded and all the Cruel Melody songs had heavily tweaked Borland vocals (by D.Lohner) and they are performed so differently than the album. Obviously Wes' voice doesnt sound like it does on CM so he cant perform it that way. Id love to hear a rerecorded version of CM but done entirely the way Wes intended (like Lotus, TMYRYGTF, and Anvil Pants)

eversonpoe
07-02-2013, 08:15 AM
i didn't know his voice was tweaked for cruel melody. that's kind of disappointing. i assumed he had just changed vocal styles between albums.

xfocalinx
09-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Just got around to watching the DVD that came with Cover your heart, anvil pants. GREAT DVD. I really need to see this band live.

imail724
05-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Apparently Wes Borland just released a solo album called Crystal Machete on youtube and spotify. I can't seem to find much about it, not even a tweet from Wes or anything.

http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/02/news/limp-bizkits-wes-borland-releases-new-solo-album-crystal-machete/

armogi
05-02-2016, 02:19 PM
i wish it was done under the blb moniker but hey, can't complain except where can we buy this thing other than crap mp3s???

Harry Seaward
05-03-2016, 01:06 PM
New Wes Borland album. Entire official stream below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLZJ1MkLYV0fTKnWs1f997u62mCDe4TVDO&v=ExpG7VOf1pQ

"I set up my studio here in Detroit at the beginning of this year and started work immediately on a record. I gave myself 3 parameters:

1. No human vocals
2. No distorted guitar
3. No help from anyone except for mastering.

5 weeks later I was finishing my final mix. I sent it over to Howie Weinberg in Los Angeles for mastering and that was that. I really hope you like it. iTunes link (https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1108782320[/url) is in my bio.

Get Crystal Machete everywhere digitally today and look for the Double LP early this summer. Limited to 500 copies in white vinyl."

Merriweather
07-13-2016, 12:31 AM
Somewhat BLB/LB related: Wes Borland & Queen Kwong's DIY Network show about them buying and rehabbing a run down house in Detroit is supposed to start this week.

eversonpoe
07-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Somewhat BLB/LB related: Wes Borland & Queen Kwong's DIY Network show about them buying and rehabbing a run down house in Detroit is supposed to start this week.

oh my god i want to watch that. i don't have cable so whenever i cat-sit for people who do, the first thing i do is put on either food network or HGTV/DIY.

Merriweather
07-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Watched "Sight Unseen" last night and it's fairly entertaining as far as these type of shows go. Oddly, the show doesn't mention what bands Wes & Carre are in. I guess they want the average viewer to think they're just some artsy couple.

fillow
10-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Was just married Calle, apparently. Congrats, I guess

eversonpoe
10-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Was just married Calle, apparently. Congrats, I guess

did you mean Wes just married Carre?

why "i guess" on the congrats?

fillow
10-26-2016, 02:46 PM
did you mean Wes just married Carre?
Yes. That was my phone's autocorrect.

why "i guess" on the congrats?
And that was me failing at English.

eversonpoe
10-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Yes. That was my phone's autocorrect.

And that was me failing at English.

haha that's why i asked instead of outright accusing you of being an a-hole (which you're usually not :p )

Merriweather
06-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Wes posted on Instagram that there's a new Big Dumb Face album on the way, which is completely unexpected and awesome news. He also posted that new Black Light Burns will follow that.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Wes posted on Instagram that there's a new Big Dumb Face album on the way, which is completely unexpected and awesome news. He also posted that new Black Light Burns will follow that.

BOTH of those pieces of news are extremely awesome. :D

eversonpoe
06-05-2017, 07:28 AM

BOTH of those pieces of news are extremely awesome. :D

i thought he had said he was DONE with black light burns, and i NEVER thought he'd do anything again with BDF. i loved crystal machete and i really like queen kwong so i was actually looking forward to more from both of those projects (i know they recorded a new QK album...anyone know when that's going to be released?) but i'll take whatever i can get from him.

Haysey_Draws
06-05-2017, 08:38 AM
i loved crystal machete

I had NO idea this even existed until i saw this! Thanks

tony.parente
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM
God dammit that new bizkit album is never coming ��

eversonpoe
06-05-2017, 08:46 AM

take it to the shitty music thread, tony :p

wes is a guitar wizard and deserves better than fred durst as a collaborator.

@Haysey (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5491) if you can still get it on vinyl, crystal machete sounds effin' GREAT on white wax.

edit: looks like it IS still available! https://www.edisonsound.com/product-page

Haysey_Draws
06-05-2017, 08:47 AM

Its Chinese democracy all over again :(

Failure
06-05-2017, 01:32 PM
i really like queen kwong so i was actually looking forward to more from both of those projects (i know they recorded a new QK album...anyone know when that's going to be released?)

Was "expected to be released in Spring 2017" (sound familiar?), but it's been pushed. This seems like the last update on the subject:

https://twitter.com/QueenKwong/status/846072657275764737/photo/1

I really liked this band when I saw them in 2015. Curious to hear what the new stuff sounds like (even though Fred Sablan is no longer with them). There is an older song called "Long Gone" that I've been listening to a lot lately. Also, a tune called "Oh Well" that they did live but never released.

aggroculture
10-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Borland interview: http://www.nme.com/features/wes-borland-interview-solo-album-2152011-2152011
There will be new BLB at some point

eversonpoe
04-25-2018, 12:43 AM
finally got my hands on this beauty!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/2026468a7a6e4abadfad12405397e35f/tumblr_p7pm7vJ8ga1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

order of the black light
2xCD / 1xDVD (cruel melody, cover your heart, the anvil pants odyssey), prints of wes' paintings, all housed in a hardcover book, and signed by wes and the other band members.

Demogorgon
04-25-2018, 05:11 PM
is the Cruel Melody cd edited like the rest of them were? I still haven't found a copy, digital or otherwise, that doesn't edit out the language. Wes said at the time that it was a mistake, but he never fixed it.

eversonpoe
04-25-2018, 06:00 PM
is the Cruel Melody cd edited like the rest of them were? I still haven't found a copy, digital or otherwise, that doesn't edit out the language. Wes said at the time that it was a mistake, but he never fixed it.

whoa, what? i know there's a "clean" version out there, but i didn't think it was all of them.

i will check when i have a chance and let you know. my digital copy doesn't edit out any language, though, so let me know if you want me to dropbox it to you.

imail724
04-25-2018, 06:10 PM
is the Cruel Melody cd edited like the rest of them were? I still haven't found a copy, digital or otherwise, that doesn't edit out the language. Wes said at the time that it was a mistake, but he never fixed it.I don't have any idea what you're talking about and I've listened to that album more times than I can count since it came out back in, what, 07?

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-25-2018, 06:14 PM
whoa, what? i know there's a "clean" version out there, but i didn't think it was all of them.

i will check when i have a chance and let you know. my digital copy doesn't edit out any language, though, so let me know if you want me to dropbox it to you.

My copy had the same problem. Except I think mine was a European copy and I just chalked it up to a regional thing? Digital copies from other sources are fine though.

Where in the fuck did you get that beautiful piece of art?? I looked for them for a while but couldn't find a single copy aaanywhere and eventually just gave up.

eversonpoe
04-25-2018, 06:33 PM
My copy had the same problem. Except I think mine was a European copy and I just chalked it up to a regional thing? Digital copies from other sources are fine though.

Where in the fuck did you get that beautiful piece of art?? I looked for them for a while but couldn't find a single copy aaanywhere and eventually just gave up.

had it on my wishlist on discogs for years. someone finally listed one (for only $40!) and i immediately jumped on it.

Demogorgon
04-25-2018, 07:57 PM

that would be beyond helpful, honestly I'd just given up after a couple of years after every version I downloaded from everywhere had edited language.

Demogorgon
04-25-2018, 09:00 PM
At the time, Wes said this: "Dear Europe, it seems we just keep blowing it with you. First the album doesn't come out for a year, then our summer festival dates get rickety, and finally the worst thing ever happens: A person who will remain unnamed that works for our label sent the Wal-Mart version [Wal-Mart is a chain of conservative corporate stores in the U.S. that only carries albums which have had all profanity removed] of our master to Edel (our record label in Europe). That version has all of the cuss words censored, and that's what you've been hearing if you bought the album in Europe. I cannot begin to fathom how a mistake like this could have slipped through so many fingers unnoticed, but somehow it has and I am as disgusted and disappointed by it as you must be. After discussing several solutions, the one that has come to make the most sense is to create a special website for the people who bought the European version of the record. Once the site is launched, in the very near future, you'll be able to download high-quality versions of the songs on 'Cruel Melody' that were censored. Please accept our sincere apologies and know that you shouldn't have to be dealing with a mistake like this. It is absolutely the most incredible blunder I've ever seen in my life, and had someone thought to actually send me the record to approve before it went out, none of this would have happened. I continue to be more angry than I've ever been in my life about this. Every day the state of my mind has actually gotten worse instead of getting better, and when I allow myself to think about it for more than a few seconds, it makes me want to go on a killing spree. I know that our solution doesn't make up for what's been done, but hopefully it will soften the blow and you will let us off the hook. Nothing like this will EVER HAPPEN AGAIN. I'm so sorry, the site is coming soon. Thanks for your support."

Now, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon, and it was edited. I also purchased a copy from iTunes at the time, and it was edited. Mind you I live in the US and have never lived anywhere else nor do I use proxy European sites to purchase music. If the issue was fixed, it was never announced as such, and I've always been kinda disappointed, despite having continued to purchase all BLB releases after. I've downloaded numerous torrents and it's always the edited version.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Well, shit. That explains a lot.

Now I wanna listen to the original version of "The Moment You Realize..." again, which I always preferred to the one we got on the album. I wonder how BLBLP 3 is coming along, too...

eversonpoe
04-25-2018, 11:02 PM
that would be beyond helpful, honestly I'd just given up after a couple of years after every version I downloaded from everywhere had edited language.

should be able to take care of it for you in the morning! look out for a message in your inbox.

Failure
04-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Has anyone listened to Queen Kwong's newest masterpiece ("Love Me To Death")? Wes has some truly great moments on this record and the tunes are wide ranging. There are super-aggressive moments like on the title track and Prehistoric Blues, then there is introspective/organ-based material sprinkled throughout. And what Carre lacks in vocal range, she makes up for with passion/lyrics/attitude. Love this band; can't wait to see them live again.

PS- The only song that I don't like is Sun Of Life. Seems like a pointless and ineffective way to end the album. It doesn't really go anywhere and acts as a comedown.

eversonpoe
04-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Has anyone listened to Queen Kwong's newest masterpiece ("Love Me To Death")? Wes has some truly great moments on this record and the tunes are wide ranging. There are super-aggressive moments like on the title track and Prehistoric Blues, then there is introspective/organ-based material sprinkled throughout. And what Carre lacks in vocal range, she makes up for with passion/lyrics/attitude. Love this band; can't wait to see them live again.

PS- The only song that I don't like is Sun Of Life. Seems like a pointless and ineffective way to end the album. It doesn't really go anywhere and acts as a comedown.

i agreed with you up until your PS, because that's my favorite song on the album, and was a surprising closer. i loved it!

i posted a picture of my vinyl copy over in the vinyl collectors thread ;)

Failure
04-30-2018, 03:22 PM
i agreed with you up until your PS, because that's my favorite song on the album, and was a surprising closer. i loved it!

i posted a picture of my vinyl copy over in the vinyl collectors thread ;)

Sweet vinyl! I bought the album on iTunes like a lazy bastard. Perhaps Sun Of Life will grow on me over time. I remember having huge arguments on ETS back in like 2006/2007 about the Deftones song Riviere (off Saturday Night Wrist). I still can't understand why people loved it so much, especially as a closer to that album. Different strokes for different folks I suppose..

eversonpoe
04-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Sweet vinyl! I bought the album on iTunes like a lazy bastard. Perhaps Sun Of Life will grow on me over time. I remember having huge arguments on ETS back in like 2006/2007 about the Deftones song Riviere (off Saturday Night Wrist). I still can't understand why people loved it so much, especially as a closer to that album. Different strokes for different folks I suppose..

oh, no, i agree with you on that. it's not a BAD song, but it doesn't make sense as the end of that album. i still think "beware" should have been the closer.

aggroculture
04-30-2018, 04:13 PM
BTW did anyone get the new Big Dumb Face album? I heard it was meant to be "heavier" than Duke Lion (which I LOVE).

eversonpoe
04-30-2018, 09:22 PM
BTW did anyone get the new Big Dumb Face album? I heard it was meant to be "heavier" than Duke Lion (which I LOVE).

it's heavier but also even more ridiculous. i listened to it on spotify the day it came out. i don't think i'll listen to it again, but it was fun.

Merriweather
04-30-2018, 10:44 PM

It's fantastic. And he says he's working on a Christmas album, coming this Black Friday.

eversonpoe
04-30-2018, 10:59 PM
It's fantastic. And he says he's working on a Christmas album, coming this Black Friday.

that's coming out under Wes Borland though, right? a la Crystal Machete (which i listened to today for the first time in a while and is still fucking brilliant).

Merriweather
04-30-2018, 11:08 PM
that's coming out under Wes Borland though, right? a la Crystal Machete (which i listened to today for the first time in a while and is still fucking brilliant).

He's working on the Crystal Machete sequel under his own name, and some project with Travis Barker. But he did post on Instagram about a month ago that the BDF Christmas album will be out in November.

TinDefacto
06-29-2018, 10:12 AM
Surprised this wasn't posted, but I found out today that he put out a new EP (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-two-new-songs-from-wes-borlands-electronic-project-w519874) "Matadors & Daughters" last month. Not sure about physical releases, but it's on iTunes and Spotify, and damn I like it. Super excited for Astral Hand.

Piko
06-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Had no idea. Gonna check that
Surprised this wasn't posted, but I found out today that he put out a new EP (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-two-new-songs-from-wes-borlands-electronic-project-w519874) "Matadors & Daughters" last month. Not sure about physical releases, but it's on iTunes and Spotify, and damn I like it. Super excited for Astral Hand.

Merriweather
06-29-2018, 04:44 PM

I think Wes posted on Instagram that those tracks will be on the Astral Hand digital versions, but not the vinyl version.

Piko
06-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Got my hopes up and thought there was a new BLB EP. Then realised that I had never heard his solo work before. Bought the LP and EP on a whim.

eversonpoe
06-30-2018, 02:55 PM

I think Wes posted on Instagram that those tracks will be on the Astral Hand digital versions, but not the vinyl version.

technically it's a "single" and the two tracks will be on both the vinyl & digital versions of the full-length album, but the single itself will not get a physical release. that's what wes said on instagram to every single person who asked him about it over and over haha.

no word yet on when we can pre-order the vinyl of Astral Hand, though.

Grim Reaper A.D.
07-05-2018, 03:16 AM
Does anyone have a 2009 version of 'The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall' in MP3? All I can find is YouTube videos that have that track in relatively poor quality.

dlb
07-05-2018, 04:58 AM
Does anyone have a 2009 version of 'The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall' in MP3? All I can find is YouTube videos that have that track in relatively poor quality.

once I'm home I will go and check but I'm rather sure I have a mp3 of this. ;)

Merriweather
09-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Wes posted on instagram that he’s working on getting the abandoned Eat The Day record out sometime soon. Instrumentals only.

eversonpoe
09-25-2018, 06:48 AM
wes was at cold waves on sunday night, i was sitting upstairs at the metro watching him shoot the shit with a couple people. didn't want to bug him to say anything, but he's a) shorter than i realized and b) seems like a super nice dude.

BrokenSpiral
09-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Wes posted on instagram that he’s working on getting the abandoned Eat The Day record out sometime soon. Instrumentals only.

I’d like to hear updated versions of those. I loved the songs that he put out back in my youth.

imail724
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Wes posted on instagram a few weeks ago that he's working on new BLB with Travis Barker playing drums on every track (https://www.instagram.com/p/B97uYcZH-h6/)

And he's finally releasing all of the Eat The Day demos digitally next week (https://www.instagram.com/p/B-VGMlAn5bY/)

imail724
04-14-2020, 02:10 PM
These Eat The Day demos are great. Makes you think how much better they could have been if finished.

dlb
04-14-2020, 03:05 PM

A shit, totally forgot to get back to you. Do you still want it? It's a 5mb mp3 clocking in at 8:24 minutes... the best I have.

These Eat The Day demos are great. Makes you think how much better they could have been if finished.

The new as of yet unreleased ones really add a new layer to what this band could have been. And I really love how much of Danny Elfmann and Primus oozes from the ones we knew. A truly nice gem to be released properly so many years later. Wes was 27 back then... I'm 31 now. Shit!

I asked this in another threat already, but are some people over here from the old Eat the Day message board? I had a great time there and gathered some cool "pen pals" back then as well as chatting with Wes and his brother. Sweet memories! And I have to be thankful for all the cool and new music that I learned about during that time, the Icarus Line and of course NIN.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-14-2020, 08:05 PM
This is awesome news! Just the other day I was wondering when/if something more was going to come from this project.

While I'm thinking about it, anybody got a lead one of those Order of the Black Light books that seem to have completely disappeared...?

dlb
04-15-2020, 02:47 AM
According to discogs they sell rather cheap these days, but then again, it's been two years since the last one was ordered there. Would love to have one of those:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Light-Burns-Order-Of-The-Black-Light-Handbook-For-Members/release/3896946

eversonpoe
04-15-2020, 08:50 AM
This is awesome news! Just the other day I was wondering when/if something more was going to come from this project.

While I'm thinking about it, anybody got a lead one of those Order of the Black Light books that seem to have completely disappeared...?

According to discogs they sell rather cheap these days, but then again, it's been two years since the last one was ordered there. Would love to have one of those:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Light-Burns-Order-Of-The-Black-Light-Handbook-For-Members/release/3896946

i think i'm the last person who ordered one (yup, just checked) and it came in the unplayed and nearly perfect condition they described. not sure why it's listed as a "picture disc" because they're just CDs (and a DVD) with printing on top...like all CDs.

ickyvicky
04-15-2020, 09:04 AM
Wes said he's also going to release GoatSlayer recordings shortly

dlb
04-15-2020, 09:14 AM
Ah nice one! Sure most of it is just trickery and him goofing around, but there are some nice ideas floating around and one can already sense some of his later riffs and tones. I used to have some stuff, but it's gone apparently. Can't find anything... but looks like he already dropped some of it and will be releasing 23 records (!?) soon over the coming weeks. Cool little trip down nostalgia lane to tie us over until he releases proper new music:

https://www.theprp.com/2020/04/13/news/limp-bizkits-wes-borland-shares-material-from-his-goatslayer-project/

(https://www.theprp.com/2020/04/13/news/limp-bizkits-wes-borland-shares-material-from-his-goatslayer-project/)

dlb
04-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Some tidbits from the live Q&A Wes did with Dan Carter from BBC today, or at least what I could catch over on Instagram.

Eat The Day
- Jimmy Iovine proposed our dear Trent to do vocals for ETD, but we all know why that didn't come to fruition... There is a certain band called NIN after all.
- Maynard told Wes to let the tracks stand as instrumentals as they do not need vocals according to him
- They had found about 3 singers they were happy with, but Interscope wasn't happy so they blocked the release (Wes mentioned the name of two of these guys, but I forgot to note them down...)
- Wes apparently had some kind of retainer deal with Interscope after his departure from LB so they would have indeed let him make an album under his name or with another band of his

Black Light Burns
- new BLB record is almost finished. Travis Barker did 22 tracks and Wes alluded to 17 finished songs
- no touring in mind as of now
- Danny Lohner might get involved with the record

Big Dumb Face
- new Big Dumb Face could turn out to be a christmas record due out this year or/and a resurrection of Duke Lion

Solo
- new solo record is also coming called "The Astral Hand" (?!). The two tracks he released earlier are part of that, record consists of 9 "long-ish" songs with everything done by Wes only despite some drums
- he would love to do soundtracks and scores like TR and Atticus in the future

Goatslayer
- Goatslayer has around 6h of music to be released. Current plan is to release 20 records along the way with the music not to be taken too serious

Manson
- Wes was with the band for 8 months, but stepped out of it as Manson wanted the next record to be all Twiggy as it's been his "comeback" to the band, Wes didn't want to sit in the back obviously

Limp Bizkit
- Limp Bizkit has 35 instrumentals finished with Fred Durst still working on vocals, several whole songs are finished and they had around 3-4 studio sessions within the last 4 years. They aim to release a record with 11 songs, "slowly getting there".
- reason for Wes quitting the band earlier comes down to himself, his ego and being thrown off by his idols remarks about the band itself. He has grown up and is confident with what he has achieved with LB though, calling it "my band" and doesn't take it personal if people like Claypool etc. have nothing good to say about it

Am I bored? Yes! But I love the guy still and I actually dig BLB and ETD so there you go. Nice interview!

voidnz
04-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the summary, annoyed I missed it live and can't find any recording! I was kind of bummed the Manson thing didn't work out, could have avoided two garbage albums if he had used Wes' music instead of Twiggy's.

dlb
04-18-2020, 08:06 AM
Yeah although I'm not too fond of Carter's interview style he usually conducts nice ones as he gets the other person to just speak. And I'd really love to interview Wes in the future myelf! He fits a format like this very well as he's got insane stories to tell and has been invovled with pretty much every musician that we like. Bonus points for thim for mentioning Russian Circles, Godspeed! You Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky as inspiration for his instrumental work.

eversonpoe
04-19-2020, 11:36 PM
making my way through the Eat The Day demos and i love them so much. it sounds like wes joined ISIS (the band) and it's just so up my alley haha.

super excited about the new solo album. i put "crystal machete" on my turntable a week or so ago and it's just so great from beginning to end.

wight rabbit
04-20-2020, 12:01 AM
it sounds like wes joined ISIS (the band) and it's just so up my alley haha.

Oh, shit! That is mine, too. I've gotta cue that up!

Update: WHOA! Spot on!

imail724
04-20-2020, 12:18 AM
6 more songs incoming (https://www.instagram.com/p/B_LpefunjJj/?igshid=jdgnzf16419t). Let's hope he's got some unreleased blb stuff to release on us soon!

wight rabbit
04-20-2020, 12:25 AM
Let's hope he's got some unreleased blb stuff to release on us soon!

If he has unreleased BLB material, he's probably already using them for the songs Travis played on. Either way, we'll be getting new BLB.

dlb
04-20-2020, 02:36 AM
Ah sneaky Wes, he did indeed talk about a handful of Eat the Day songs and he's overwhelmed by the positive feedback. Nice that he has something up his sleeve!

After having listened to the demos more and also the new stuff, I could only picture maynard adding to them or indeed have Aaron Turner do it (don't know if they know each other, I'd guess so by now). But overall he's right.. the songs are so dense, rich and full of music, it's hard to sing over them.

Reznor2112
04-20-2020, 02:33 PM
EDIT: found it voidnz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkYVzfXhmA