PDA

View Full Version : A Place to bury strangers

DVYDRNS
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
A Place to bury strangers just announced a new tour along with The Joy Formidable. This is going to be an epic tour.

Also a new EP is being released FEB 7.

One of the few bands that Trent has pushed that I actually LOVE...

Heres some video and audio i recorded when they played in Fresno a couple years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIpGavhVuRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEoKI1NBmU8

richardp
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Really bummed that the tour with The Joy Formidable isn't coming to KC. That's going to be a LOUD show.

frankie teardrop
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
new track is promising:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9XUEb_ZZis

DVYDRNS
01-10-2012, 03:56 PM
what lineup change are you speaking of? Dion has been in the band for the last couple years now...

frankie teardrop
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
i guess you'll all just have to wait and see, then.

DVYDRNS
01-10-2012, 04:27 PM
where are you getting this from?

xmd 5a
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Great band. The self-titled was one of my favourite albums of last decade. Exploding Head is excellent as well.

I wasn't aware of the new track. Sounds great!

Also, yay for decent quality live recordings!

DVYDRNS
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I actually have been working on finishing mixing that show. its been in the archives for the last year or so. i've been busy. sounds even better than those videos. I'll release it at some point.

DVYDRNS
01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
just picked up 4 tickets to the LA show with Joy Formidable. looking forward to this a lot!

profane
02-29-2012, 04:04 AM
The new EP is great, how come nobody posted on this. It rocks!

xmd 5a
02-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah, it's pretty great. The post-punk vibe has really been brought to the fore.

"Drill It Up" is fantastic. Sounds like something from JAMC's Barbed Wire Kisses.

DVYDRNS
03-15-2012, 03:47 AM
partied with oliver tonight for a couple hours. still the nicest musician i've ever dealt with. a complete joy to associate with.

frankie teardrop
03-15-2012, 09:59 AM
miss that dude something fierce. how was the new drummer? ;)

DVYDRNS
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
New drummer was good! didn't seem to miss a beat. ;)

bobbie solo
03-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Naaamedrop!

profane
03-16-2012, 04:22 AM
The setlists seem to be very short. Or the people didn't get them complete here:

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=A+Place+to+bury+strangers+

They probably still rock everyones socks off so I guess it doesn't matter.

profane
04-02-2012, 11:46 AM
A Place To Bury Strangers “Worship” Out June 26 (http://deadoceans.com/blog/2012/04/a-place-to-bury-strangers-new-album-worship-out-june-2/)

http://deadoceans.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/doc066full-581x581.jpg

New single 'You Are The One' sounds different kinds of awesome.
Do I smell the album of the year?

profane
05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Stumbled upon this just yet, nice!

Oliver and an acoustic guitar hobo style:

http://youtu.be/IX9biugHLTs

http://youtu.be/QG-VGMT0R8Q

DVYDRNS
05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Just got permission from oliver to upload the soundboard i recorded and mixed a couple years ago. ill have it up in the next few days. everybody get a what.cd account.

profane
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Just got permission from oliver to upload the soundboard i recorded and mixed a couple years ago. ill have it up in the next few days. everybody get a what.cd account.

Thank you very very much! That's awesome!

Edit: It seems I need an invite, could you please invite me?

DVYDRNS
05-29-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't have any invites available. i'll get it up on dime too.
regardless you'll have it!

xmd 5a
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
The soundboard recording will also be very much relevant to my interests...

New song slays!

DVYDRNS
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
theres one unknown track on this performance. Ive scoured my archives and singles and eps and i can't find it anywhere.

anyway, i'll try to have it uploaded tonight some time. all the formats are available, FLAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, OGG. I'm debating doing a 24/196 release. but i don't want to see this recording turn up in record stores. so in the meantime, its the version i burned to cd and ripped down to flac and then exported from there.

lots of love went into this. 6 channels from the board, 2 room mic's. recorded via a motu 896/hd into logic. Mixed, EQ'd and mastered in Logic. Split up in audacity.

This is the best live recording i've heard anywhere on the net. It captures the chaos of the live show. I cleaned it up, but not so much that it sounds like a studio recording. it sounds very much like a live performance. and its amazing.

profane
05-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Worship has leaked. Not so good quality tho, makes it easier to wait.

Pre-order stuff (http://www.scdistribution.com/aplacetoburystrangers/) is awesome!

Edit: Someone please tie me to a chair.

Edit 2: Forgive me lord for I have sinned.

Edit 3: It's been a long time that I've been THIS shaken up by a record. Damn, like unforgivingly being smashed into a wall.

r_z
05-31-2012, 04:26 AM
theres one unknown track on this performance. Ive scoured my archives and singles and eps and i can't find it anywhere.

anyway, i'll try to have it uploaded tonight some time. all the formats are available, FLAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, OGG. I'm debating doing a 24/196 release. but i don't want to see this recording turn up in record stores. so in the meantime, its the version i burned to cd and ripped down to flac and then exported from there.

lots of love went into this. 6 channels from the board, 2 room mic's. recorded via a motu 896/hd into logic. Mixed, EQ'd and mastered in Logic. Split up in audacity.

This is the best live recording i've heard anywhere on the net. It captures the chaos of the live show. I cleaned it up, but not so much that it sounds like a studio recording. it sounds very much like a live performance. and its amazing.

Sounds great! Keep us updated on when it's ready.

frankie teardrop
05-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Pre-order stuff (http://www.scdistribution.com/aplacetoburystrangers/) is awesome!

done and done. that album bundle kind of pays for itself. pretty stoked for this one!

blackholesun
05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Hot damn that is such a good price for the bundle. Ordered.

profane
05-31-2012, 01:34 PM
http://youtu.be/0-o4h-GFUqQ

DVYDRNS
05-31-2012, 04:18 PM
they get better and better with each record... favorite band of the decade for sure!

profane
05-31-2012, 04:50 PM
they get better and better with each record... favorite band of the decade for sure!

I feel the same. But if I look at it more personal, and experiencing them at quite a lot shows in Europe past months, I grew really fond of them. They really mean a lot to me, and with Worship... well I am really flabbergasted. At loss for words really.

DVYDRNS
06-02-2012, 03:54 PM
what do ya know.. the untitled track i have is on the new record.

profane
06-02-2012, 04:14 PM
what do ya know.. the untitled track i have is on the new record.

I knew they had played an unknown song around that time that wasn't on Onwards To The Wall, is it Dissolved?

DVYDRNS
06-02-2012, 04:20 PM
It's the last track on worship.

Leaving tomorrow

But it's faster on the album.

I'll really try to get this up this weekend. I have billing to do tho... So well see.

profane
06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Take your time, whenever you have it up, it will be greatly appreciated. That's the nuanced version of what I was saying in my head. That shit was dirty.

DVYDRNS
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
and here... wee... GO!
http://mmmpropaganda.com

Presideo
06-03-2012, 12:46 AM
New album is alright - not much of a progression from their last album, though. They tend to be very predictable...strong bass line, siren guitars that go out of control during the chorus, and the same vocal delivery seem to shape almost every song. I know it's their bread and butter, but they should try to flesh out some of their songs instead of relying on the same formula (they have the talent, not sure about the vision)

Alone and Revenge were my favorites.

blackholesun
06-03-2012, 04:10 AM
I don't see why everyone is so harsh on them. It's good music if your into that sorta thing. What more can you ask for? Well I guess that's obvious haha. Turns out they are in town with This Will Destroy You next week. Fucking steal of a ticket for $12

DVYDRNS
06-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Yea I'll be at the show thursday night. it will be epic.

I adore the new record. but I'm saving complete adoration for the lossless vinyl i ordered. the rip thats available now, does seem to sound kinda crappy...

frankie teardrop
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
New album is alright - not much of a progression from their last album, though. They tend to be very predictable...strong bass line, siren guitars that go out of control during the chorus, and the same vocal delivery seem to shape almost every song. I know it's their bread and butter, but they should try to flesh out some of their songs instead of relying on the same formula (they have the talent, not sure about the vision)

Alone and Revenge were my favorites.

i love them and have for some time, but that's a very, very valid criticism. i've been feeling like they need to mix it up for some time now. three lps and a slew of extra tracks, it all does kind of sound the same after a while. an excellent sonic palate that just gets a bit repetitive over time.

so...uh...i like the new album a lot, but i'm also disappointed by it? it's an odd feeling.

profane
06-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Well I feel they did change it up some, not much, but enough. I have some things to say about this, but I'm going to wait until the vinyl comes home. The leak sucks soundwise and I guess much got lost in there. But I'm already in love with Worship for sure.

Btw, does someone have a what.cd invite for me?

DVYDRNS
06-03-2012, 05:08 PM
i don't have any available invites but i assume you want a lossless version. PM me your email and i'll work it out with ya!

zaps30
06-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I pre-ordered a bundle. It would be cool to win the pedal, but it's not like I would be able to use it.

I hope they announce a headlining east coast tour. I saw them with the Joy Formidable, but it was just too short. I wasn't really digging JF. I did buy their most recent CD and it had a couple good songs on it, but eh.

profane
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I also have no use for that pedal but to have it on display. Really looking forward to get the deluxe bundle. As for The Joy Formidable, also not really my cup of tea.

zaps30
06-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I've seen them 5 times. The first time with Holy Fuck was probably my favorite.

zaps30
06-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Never mind.

profane
06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Got the CD, it's out here in Europe today and wasn't going to wait for that download code that comes with the pre-order stuff. They should've had a package with some fresh boxer shorts.

blackholesun
06-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Saw them last night. Might have been the loudest show I've ever been to. Thank fuck I had earplugs and even then it was mighty. Set list focused mainly on Exploding Head but damn such a great show. Highlight of the night was the set-ending extended combo of 'I Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart' and 'Ocean'. So much noise.

frankie teardrop
06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
man, they still use those two songs to close their sets? they've been doing that for years. i love 'shadow' but always thought 'ocean' was a bit too plodding, especially live.

DVYDRNS
06-11-2012, 12:54 AM
that closer is epic. id be sad if it changed.

blackholesun
06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
It was my first time seeing them so I had no other setlists to compare. But as a first timer it was great.

zaps30
06-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I was able to d/l the album today thanks to my pre-order of the bundle. I've only listened a few times so far, but I'm really digging Worship, Fear, and Leaving Tomorrow. Those are my favorites so far...needs more listens.

I got tickets to the Boston show at the end of July. Unfortunately, there are 4 other bands playing for a total of 5! 5 for a club show is ridiculous. My fear is they'll only play for 40-45 minutes or so. Oh well. $12 for each ticket isn't exactly breaking the bank.

xmd 5a
06-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Payday today! Fingers crossed I can still order the bundle...

Also very much looking forward to hearing the live recording (when I've got time to fully enjoy it).

EDIT: Well they took my money and gave me the D/L code, so yay!

profane
06-12-2012, 05:02 AM
I still haven't received that link to download the album. Kinda concerned something might have gone wrong with the payment. I'll have to check that out.

Edit: Lol, checked the wrong mail cliënt, got it.

frankie teardrop
06-12-2012, 12:04 PM
didn't love the DL system this time. got the link when i preordered a few weeks ago, and it gave me a code, but then said i couldn't get it until the 11th. no reminder emails, etc. had to dig up the old email after seeing the posts here!

xmd 5a
06-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Am getting a major Screen Vinyl Image vibe from this album. I'm not really too sure if I prefer it over Exploding Head, but the s/t is still my favourite release from the band. I'll give it another couple of plays to see how it grows.

october_midnight
06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
They're playing here tonight at a small ass club for almost nothing, strongly considering hitting it up as soon as I can dip out of work here...that or the NBA game. Never seen these guys live, is it good or just ok?

DVYDRNS
06-12-2012, 11:47 PM
just go. worth it. very good.

zaps30
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I got tickets to the Boston show at the end of July. Unfortunately, there are 4 other bands playing for a total of 5! 5 for a club show is ridiculous. My fear is they'll only play for 40-45 minutes or so. Oh well. $12 for each ticket isn't exactly breaking the bank.

Now there are 6 bands in total playing. WTF. 6 bands at a club show. That's a first for me. I think I'll just go later and catch the last 2 or something. That's just crazy.

AgentofChaos
06-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Nxne daily wristbands were 25+. I held out, showed up to the Elmo at 1130, they're going on at 1am, and I paid 15. Very key. The venue is small and I'm right up front. Fucking stoked.

AgentofChaos
06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Anyone receive their bundles yet?

The record officially came out this week, and yet nobody here is talking about it? Guess everyone downloaded the leak?

Worship is fucking EXCELLENT. This thread should be chilling at the top of the musical revolution forum for weeks if there were any justice.

frankie teardrop
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM
yep, i got my bundle last week, but haven't had the chance to pick through it and play the 7'', etc. the album is definitely a grower. better songwriting, more restraint- the kind of thing i like to see after several releases of balls out noise.

as for that last bit- the cruel irony is that this will be page two in a few days, tool thread on top forever.

DVYDRNS
06-30-2012, 09:37 AM
the b side:
I Can Feel Your Heart Inside My Head
is epically amazing.

it should have been on the record. its my current favorite strangers track.

AgentofChaos
06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
^ good to hear! Still haven't got mine yet.

Dying to hear it, can't find it online anywhere.

frankie teardrop
06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
ripping it as i type this- but out the door as soon as it's done. remind me tomorrow to PM you!

AgentofChaos
06-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Awesome, thanks, will do.

piggy
06-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I just got a copy today. Seems pretty great so far.

profane
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
the b side:

is epically amazing.

it should have been on the record. its my current favorite strangers track.

It's also on the American iTunes store as a bonus track, and it comes with a pdf there. I can only wonder if there are lyrics in it.

zaps30
07-02-2012, 12:13 AM
I haven't listened to the 7 inch yet. I don't really use the record player that much. It's admittedly a basic non-audiophile type player. I more or else just collect the vinyl. I really like the color on the 12 inch.

zaps30
07-30-2012, 02:05 AM
I just got back from the show in Cambridge, MA. The middle of my set list may be out of order, but all of these songs were played (beginning and end are certainly right):

01. Ocean
02. In Your Heart
03. Drill It Up
04. Deadbeat
05. Leaving Tomorrow
06. Dissolved
07. So Far Away
08. Ego Death
09. You Are the One
10. Mind Control
11. I Live My Life to Stand in the Shadow of Your Heart

I'm just not sure on the order of 5, 6, and 7...

I got a poster and talked to Oliver for a couple minutes. Usually, people are all over them when I've seen them, but it wasn't as bad this time.

DVYDRNS
09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
excellent electro cover of slipping away!

http://soundcloud.com/polyshofficial/keep-slipping-away-a-place-to

AgentofChaos
09-21-2012, 02:16 AM
They added a few more east coast dates in November.

Looks like I'm driving down to shit hole Buffalo! Anyone ever been to the Mohawk?

DVYDRNS
10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I have a smart playlist that plays all non album tracks. and man i just have to say... this band is so phenomenal... they are just fantastic... I think I've got a copy of just about every track theyve released at some point or another.

bobbie solo
10-04-2012, 01:22 AM
still need to see these dudes live. with earplug of course.

DVYDRNS
11-07-2012, 05:15 PM
just saw the guys last night at the troubadour. they get tighter and tighter each time i see them. Just fantastic.

profane
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
So the guys are in the studio. Recording and stuff...

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7896/screenshot20130306at074.png

Edit: the band will release a special EP of covers of Portland punks Dead Moon’s songs, called “Strange Moon.” The disc will be available in stores only, for Record Store Day, on translucent “Waxing Gibbous” yellow vinyl.

So it might be this they are/were recording.

profane
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Apologies for the double post. Here's a new song to justify it:

http://youtu.be/vSNJecgA49g

r_z
04-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Do you know, if this EP will be available to buy online?

profane
04-07-2013, 01:29 PM

The record store day ep will only be released on vinyl as far as I know.

r_z
04-14-2013, 05:20 PM
The record store day ep will only be released on vinyl as far as I know.

That's just too bad. Here's hoping for someone to ripp this thing. :rolleyes:

kas23
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM

Wouldn't this defeat the purpose behind Record Store Day?

profane
04-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't this defeat the purpose behind Record Store Day?

It would, but didn't Radiohead also release their Supercollider / The Butcher RSD EP digitally?

r_z
04-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I meant "digitally" when I said "online". Would be a nice treat since some fans (like myself) don't own a record player.

AgentofChaos
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Ya I don't think it would defeat the purpose of Record Store Day at all if they released the files digitally at some point in the near future. The people who want to own the exclusive physical medium are the ones drawn out to the stores, and that wouldn't change, but then everyone else doesn't have to suffer through some one else's potentially shitty rip. It's always a shame when those fan made rips are the only version of tracks available for any other listening medium. Doesn't do the artists any justice.

kas23
04-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Ya I don't think it would defeat the purpose of Record Store Day at all if they released the files digitally at some point in the near future. The people who want to own the exclusive physical medium are the ones drawn out to the stores, and that wouldn't change, but then everyone else doesn't have to suffer through some one else's potentially shitty rip. It's always a shame when those fan made rips are the only version of tracks available for any other listening medium. Doesn't do the artists any justice.

I wouldn't automatically assume artist sanctioned rips are good either. When My Bloody Valentine released MBV about a month ago, the 320 Kbps version was a transcode.

DVYDRNS
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm sure it will be on what.cd within the day.

AgentofChaos
04-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Well regardless of the quality, it still, in theory, would be the "official" way of how the band approved fans hearing the songs digitally. Which I would obviously prefer, instead of a "fan interpretation" rip. Which I suppose is splitting hairs, but to me it matters.

Additionally, not releasing it digitally is basically the band just pissing away money, which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as how APTBS could use all the cash they can get. They're new recordings, it's not just some cash grab.

So yeah, it should see some kind of release, whatcd or otherwise.

r_z
04-20-2013, 10:15 AM
please keep me posted when it surfaces. legal release preferred, of course.

also,...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_cGirMGuLk

zaps30
04-20-2013, 12:01 PM
What a pain in the ass. The first Newbury Comics I went to was crazy. I had to wait a half hour to get it in and then they either didn't get a copy or someone bought it. I'm growing to hate RSD. It's not like it was at first. People just seem to buy up everything to resell it. People were walking out of the store with multiple bags completely full. That's their right, but it's frustrating. I hustled to another location in a mall and was able to get the only copy. It has a download code, but when I d/l it I get "the compressed folder is invalid or corrupted." message. I emailed the tech email. Anyone have any luck with the download?

AgentofChaos
04-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah sadly I could not find it anywhere, went to a few places. I was able to pick up the Deftones Adrenaline Era Live but that was it. Record Store Day does need to get their shit together in some way though, instead of a cool celebration it's a frustrating endeavour for most I've found. Personally I think what they should do is load up all items available into their online shop. Have ALL of the items go on sale well in advance of the event. When you check out, you select the participating record store available for pick up, and schedule or be dictated a time to pick up by on the day of. If you haven't picked up by that time, the store has the right to refund your money and sell it to someone else at the shop who may be waiting "in the que". This way you still get everyone out to the stores on the day of, where they may see and pick up some other releases, etc, and people who get screwed online may get to have hope's chance to score something sweet for their patience. If you did it far enough in advance it would also give vendors a much better idea of how many copies to press in the first place to maximize sales/promotion.

So yea I anxiously await an online release of these cover songs. Good to know it came with a download, even if it didn't work.

Also I just realized there is an unreleased song, Don't Stop, that was available with the single And I'm Up. It's available to buy online but it's 9.99 for just the two tracks, one I already have obviously as I purchased the album and vinyl. So I'm a little torn. Has anyone heard it?

DVYDRNS
04-22-2013, 09:11 AM
I went to Salzars in Ventura and there was a line around the block. So I said forget it. I'm sure it will pop up soon.

profane
04-22-2013, 09:32 AM
No such luck over here either. Still a little bummed about it.

zaps30
04-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll have to check when I get home from work, but I got an email back from tech and they say the error is fixed and my code will be reactivated.

DVYDRNS
04-22-2013, 09:55 AM
I'll be looking for a torrent. I set up an alert at what.cd.

It hasn't shown up at discogs yet either

r_z
04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Also I just realized there is an unreleased song, Don't Stop, that was available with the single And I'm Up. It's available to buy online but it's 9.99 for just the two tracks, one I already have obviously as I purchased the album and vinyl. So I'm a little torn. Has anyone heard it?

Yeah, I bought it in lossless a few months back. It's basically a really loud noisy song (who would've guessed). The mastering sounds hella off though, but with APTBS you never can tell if it's intentional or not.

Keep your eyes on your inbox the next days.

Santos L Halper
04-22-2013, 10:03 PM
I'll have to check when I get home from work, but I got an email back from tech and they say the error is fixed and my code will be reactivated.

Things are all good. I just now able to download things without any problems.

zaps30
04-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Yea. It worked fine for me. About 22 minutes worth of music. I was very happy to see the "download coupon" sticker on the outside of the package.

r_z
04-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Is there a way to obtain these digitally? I'd buy the shit out of the ep, but it's nowhere to be found on the interwebz, unfortunately. :(

zaps30
05-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I finally found a legitimate MP3 of "You Still Love Me" from the Ego Death tour vinyl EP.

http://voxpopmag.bandcamp.com/track/a-place-to-bury-strangers-you-still-love-me

DVYDRNS
05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Is it the same version from the Japan version of exploding head?

r_z
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
it is. it appears, that the album version was mastered a lot louder, though.

zaps30
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Anyone care to share the album version?

fortysixand2
06-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Anyone care to share the album version?

http://www.mediafire.com/?by5bgcpg3olev6r

zaps30
06-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the file!

profane
07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
So there's a European tour coming up and I wonder if there are any Belgian / Dutch / German / French aptbs fans over here to join in on one or more dates with me?

Tour dates. (http://aptbs.tumblr.com/)

http://youtu.be/p0DXOe_IMqQ

r_z
07-28-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd love to go and just found out, I'll be in Cologne two days before they're playing there. Unfortunately I can't take a day off at work, so I'll have to be back home on Monday when they're performing.

profane
11-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Alright madafakaaaaas! New song, album and tour announced!

Transfixiation. (http://pitchfork.com/news/57519-a-place-to-bury-strangers-announce-new-album-transfixiation-share-straight/)

Pre-order. (http://www.scdistribution.com/aptbs/)

Exciting!

virushopper
11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah! Can't wait to see them live again!

zaps30
11-19-2014, 12:11 PM
I preordered a bundle. Nothing east of NY is frustrating. I'm surprised there isn't a Boston date. I've seen them there 7 times lol.

DVYDRNS
01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
listening to the new album now. its nice.

richardp
01-28-2015, 01:47 PM
You know, on first listen I found this album incredibly disappointing. Not one track stood out. I'm hoping that after a few more listens it'll click, but man, as of right now, I just am not feeling this one at all.

profane
01-28-2015, 03:48 PM
I have yet to listen to the new album. Had a feeling it could be a grower from the first few songs released beforehand.

frankie teardrop
01-28-2015, 04:32 PM
i haven't listened to the new record yet, so i don't really have a dog in this discussion, but as much as i love them dearly, i feel like the premise is wearing thin at this point. they haven't evolved much from their earlier EPs and after three more records of the overdriven shoegaze thing (more if you count all the skywave and ceremony records), it's gotten a bit old...

profane
01-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Listened a few times. Think it slaps.

richardp
01-29-2015, 04:20 PM
i haven't listened to the new record yet, so i don't really have a dog in this discussion, but as much as i love them dearly, i feel like the premise is wearing thin at this point. they haven't evolved much from their earlier EPs and after three more records of the overdriven shoegaze thing (more if you count all the skywave and ceremony records), it's gotten a bit old...

I agree completely. If you're unwilling to branch out and try out a different sound, regardless of it works or not, then what's the point. Maybe the reason that I'm so unimpressed with this album is simply because I just grew out of this band trying to make noise than craft actual songs. When I finally saw them live in 2013, it was a fantastic set, but I feel like that may have been the cap to my relationship with these dudes.

DVYDRNS
01-30-2015, 01:14 PM
I was feeling that way on the last album. and then this album has brought be back on board full speed. I didn't like the dead moon EP either. i don't think i listened to it more than once or twice.

I wasn't sure about the two singles that were released either. They definitely aren't the strong tracks on the album. But "We've come so far "and "now its over" are the two tracks that gave me something to grab on and ease into the record. those songs are magical.

profane
02-01-2015, 04:22 AM
I really like the album. I hear what you guys are saying about them not branching out and such but I don't mind. There's always some kind of difference between albums albeit little. Songs like 'Now It's Over' flow my heart over. I'm maybe more than biased when it comes to these guys, but they can do little to no wrong for me. I'm certainly at a point in my life where I could dislike this kind of music but they provide a freak the fuck out factor that I still cherish fondly.

Can't wait to catch as many shows as I can this spring.

DVYDRNS
02-19-2015, 08:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3Q9yNPXq4

r_z
03-09-2015, 11:10 AM
So we were talking about b-sides earlier in this thread. I've put together a collection of those as well as covers, bonus tracks and the sorts. It consists of the following songs and covers non-album studio versions from the years 2006 up until 2012. Does anybody know if I'm missing something?:

Just Out Of Reach
Get On
Half Awake
The Problem
Strictly Looks
Hit The Ground
Alive
You Still Love Me
Tried To Hide
The Light
It's A Fast Driving Rave Up...
Girlfriend
Suffragette City
Don't Save Your Love
Enemy In The Shadow
Burning Plastic
Don't Stop

perceptionnexus
03-09-2015, 02:12 PM
So we were talking about b-sides earlier in this thread. I've put together a collection of those as well as covers, bonus tracks and the sorts. It consists of the following songs and covers non-album studio versions from the years 2006 up until 2012. Does anybody know if I'm missing something?:

Just Out Of Reach
Get On
Half Awake
The Problem
Strictly Looks
Hit The Ground
Alive
You Still Love Me
Tried To Hide
The Light
Girlfriend
Suffragette City
Don't Save Your Love
Enemy In The Shadow
Burning Plastic
Don't Stop

There was the "The Moth" collaboration song with South Central released on their "Society of The Spectacle" album back in 2011. Damn good song.

perceptionnexus
03-09-2015, 02:18 PM

Just Out Of Reach
Get On
Half Awake
The Problem
Strictly Looks
Hit The Ground
Alive
You Still Love Me
Tried To Hide
The Light
Girlfriend
Suffragette City
Don't Save Your Love
Enemy In The Shadow
Burning Plastic
Don't Stop

There was the "The Moth" collaboration song with South Central released on their "Society of The Spectacle" album back in 2011. Damn good song.

frankie teardrop
03-09-2015, 05:14 PM
i also have a few alternate/demo versions of tracks (don't think lover, missing you) etc. from various CD-R eps i collected way back when we played shows together. i'll see if i can dig those out and if they still read!

zaps30
03-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Don't Save Your Love
Enemy In The Shadow

What/when were those 2 songs from? Anyone have MP3s of those 2 to share?

There are 2 new songs from the latest album on a 7 inch that came with the bundle they had for sale. Petty Empire and Get Away From Me. Unfortunately, I don't have the capability to convert them. Does anyone have those as MP3s?

As far as other songs/covers/b-sides/remixes...

-Record Store Day release Dead Moon (already mentioned before, but 7 covers)
-Behold the Black Light (a collaboration)
https://vimeo.com/13897032
http://www.last.fm/music/BARON/_/Behold+The+Black+Light+%28feat.+A+Place+To+Bury+St rangers%29
-Never Going Down
-Run Around
-Sun Beam
http://www.amazon.com/Place-Bury-Strangers-Live-Sin-e/dp/B004KZPIMG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1425996245&sr=8-13&keywords=a+place+to+bury+strangers
Force Field (which sounds like a precursor to Smile When You Smile)

A bunch of remixes:

So Far Away (School of Seven Bells)
To Fix the Gash In Your Head (The Clapp)
To Fix the Gash...(Lillica Libertine)
To Fix the Gash...(Peter Holmstrom)
I Know I'll See You (The Clapp)
Ocean (The Clapp)
In Your Heart (Cereal Spiller)
In Your Heart (Vince Clarke)
Slipping Away (Cereal Spiller)
Slipping Away (South Central)
Slipping Away (Richard Fearless)
I Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart (Cereal Spiller)
I Lived My Life...(Secret Machines)
I Lived My Life...(Broken Spindles)
Ego Death (Figo)
Ego Death (Allen Blickle)
Exploding Head (RX Dub)

r_z
03-10-2015, 10:05 AM
What/when were those 2 songs from? Anyone have MP3s of those 2 to share?

Enemy In The Shadow appears on the Soundtrack to Arkham City (the game), albeit only on the digital version. Don't Save Your Love is taken from a compilation called "Songs From A Sonic Land" released in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhwb--_jVfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HEQWEjtpM

yeah, those 7" songs are hard to come by, unfortunately.

Jinsai
08-21-2015, 04:05 AM
just saw them open for The Jesus and Mary Chain. Awesome show, but damn that noise jam at the end was loud as hell.

virushopper
08-21-2015, 02:29 PM
just saw them open for The Jesus and Mary Chain. Awesome show, but damn that noise jam at the end was loud as hell.

I was there on Wednesday and I agree. I was surprised too cause I didn't think they would do it. I saw them back in May at the Echo and they did it there too. With actual drums and the opening band joining them.

DVYDRNS
08-22-2015, 11:21 PM
https://vimeo.com/132899944

DVYDRNS
07-05-2017, 11:30 AM
I remixed a track for Dion. actually a couple. but this is the one we're putting out at the moment. if you haven't heard his solo record, its worth checking out. pretty awesome.

http://bigtakeover.com/news/song-premiere-com-broke-burning-bridges-remix-by-dvy-drns-vs-dion-lunadon

zaps30
02-16-2018, 08:16 AM
New album (April 13th) and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rij8qYpT1S0

http://deadoceans.com/blog/2018/01/a-place-to-bury-strangers-announce-new-album-pinned-out-april-13th-watch-the-video-for-never-coming-back/

There's a deluxe version of the album that comes with another album (the way they have it described). Main album 12 songs and bonus album 8 songs.

perceptionnexus
02-16-2018, 12:52 PM
New album (April 13th) and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rij8qYpT1S0

http://deadoceans.com/blog/2018/01/a-place-to-bury-strangers-announce-new-album-pinned-out-april-13th-watch-the-video-for-never-coming-back/

There's a deluxe version of the album that comes with another album (the way they have it described). Main album 12 songs and bonus album 8 songs.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was a deluxe version, so I scooped the CD version up. Any more info on the bonus disc available yet?

zaps30
02-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Not that I've seen. According to this listing the main album clocks in at just over 38 minutes (some short songs). No times listed for the bonus disc, just titles.

https://www.amoeba.com/pinned-brainwashing-machine-deluxe-edition-cd-a-place-to-bury-strangers/albums/4012941/

burninglard
02-17-2018, 02:12 PM
I am debating on getting the bundle with the "Pinned" pedal from Death By Audio. I love their pedals.
Seeing them in June. I can't wait.
I like Never Coming Back, it has grown on me. I do respect that with each release they try some new things. It's not the 1st album over and over again.

DVYDRNS
02-18-2018, 06:34 PM
I did a few remixes for the new album. Not sure where they will show up.

The album is great. You guys are gonna love it.

perceptionnexus
02-20-2018, 05:34 PM
I did a few remixes for the new album. Not sure where they will show up.

The album is great. You guys are gonna love it.

word! I really like that new chick they got playing drums. She seems to have a little different style than they've had previously in drummers, a little more jazzy, and her harmonies give the band a new kind of kick, vocally. Really looking forward to hearing more of it.

burninglard
06-15-2018, 05:46 PM
I went to the show in SF this past Sunday. It was fucking awesome!
I got to meet Oliver and talk for a few minutes. He seems like a really nice and humble guy.
I love the Great American Music Hall and it was the perfect place for them to play.
I thought they kicked ass as usual. I feel Lia takes the band to a new level live though. She was incredible to watch, she tore that shit up on the drum kit.
I forgot how blinding their strobe lights and fog could be, lol.
Prettiest Eyes were cool, I will check them out more.
I didn't mind Sextile, but something didn't click for me. They have all the ingredients for a musical sound I enjoy. It just didn't.

Setlist for APTBS in no order:
Ocean
Deadbeat
I lived My Life
Drill it up
Revenge
Straight
Deeper
We've Come So Far
Never Coming Back
There's Only One Of Us
Situation Changes
Frustrated Operator
Look Me In the Eye
2 songs fro the Brainwashing disc for Pinned
Harp Song from Lia.

Safe to say I will not miss them the next time they come around.

zaps30
06-15-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm waiting for those October dates to be announced. C'mon RI or MA!

burninglard
06-16-2018, 02:33 AM
I'm waiting for those October dates to be announced. C'mon RI or MA!

Me too. I want to see them again already, lol. I would imagine they will try to hit up some places next tour that they didn't this leg.

DVYDRNS
06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
The remix I did is being released on the new Remix album: REPINNED!

Pretty excited to be a part of this.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/a-place-to-bury-strangers-announce-remix-lp-listen-to-slowdive-remix/

thefragile_jake
06-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Man, haven't seen this guys in 10 years when they opened for Nine Inch Nails on the Lights in the Sky tour. Finally coming back to St. Louis at a really intimate venue too so this should be a good one.

r_z
06-29-2018, 03:07 PM

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/a-place-to-bury-strangers-announce-remix-lp-listen-to-slowdive-remix/
Since you're seemingly close to the band, do you happen to know anything about another guy who remixed some songs for them in the past called The Clapp/Cereal Spiller? I liked the remixes a lot, but it seems he/she went off the radar after Exploding Head...

neorev
06-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Nice one, man! What's your artist name? PM me some links. I write/produce as well.

zaps30
06-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Nice. I'll pick that up for sure.

As far as the new tour dates, not so much. Two US tours and nothing east of NY, WTF is up with that?

DVYDRNS
07-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Andy Smith. I believe that he was the engineer for Exploding Head. He helped Oliver really learn how to record.. He also happens to be Paul Simons Engineer.

I think those were his remixes.

DVYDRNS
10-03-2018, 04:00 PM
This is out Friday. Finally glad to be able to share it with you all. Very pleased to be a part of it:)

Our remix album “Re-Pinned” drops this Friday October 5 and features some of our friends and favorite bands including Slowdive, Metz, No Age, Trentmøller, Eric Copeland (of Black Dice), Roly Porter, TBO & Davy Drones. Cover by @theymakeitinthebasement Photo by @ebruyildiz
Re-Pinned Tracklist:
1. Never Coming Back (@trentemoellerRemix)
2. Frustrated Operator (@slowdiveofficial) Remix)
3. Situations Changes (@dvydrns Remix)
4. I Know I’ve Done Bad Things (@noagela Remix)
5. Never Coming Back Eric Copeland (of Black Dice) Remix)
6. Execution (@metz_theband Remix)
7. Was It Electric (TBO Remix)
8. Never Coming Back (@rolyporterRemix)
You can buy it here:
https://www.secretlystore.com/re-pinned-a-place-to-bury-str… (https://www.secretlystore.com/re-pinned-a-place-to-bury-strangers)
Come celebrate with us tomorrow night at the @drmartens Union Square Store at 7pm.

neorev
10-03-2018, 08:42 PM
South Central
The Moth (feat. A Place To Bury Strangers)

https://youtu.be/vMYQKIZywbQ

DVYDRNS
10-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Here ya go kiddos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTfSyzd9bU

botley
02-09-2019, 09:55 AM
New live session LP (https://fuzzclub.shop/products/a-place-to-bury-strangers-fuzz-club-session?variant=16017738760243) at Fuzz Club!

DVYDRNS
02-09-2019, 10:06 AM
mine should be here any day...

zaps30
10-14-2019, 08:20 AM
New live session LP (https://fuzzclub.shop/products/a-place-to-bury-strangers-fuzz-club-session?variant=16017738760243) at Fuzz Club!

I snagged the colored version when it was released.

Anyone grab the cassette with b-sides?

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/a-place-to-bury-strangers/products/rare-meat-demos-and-rarities-2003-2017-cassette-tape

I am missing about half of the songs in digital form. I have the 7 inch with two of the songs already, too. Missing:

I Walk Away
Get Away From Me
Petty Empire
Easy Life
Don't Save Your Love (mentioned before)
For Frederik
Annie Rise
Raiser

I assume I Walk Away is an early b-side. Are the last three more recent? Any help is appreciated.

r_z
05-03-2020, 06:36 AM
...said cassette with B-Sides is now digitally available on Bandcamp: https://aplacetoburystrangers.bandcamp.com/album/rare-meat

Walk Away, Get Away From Me and Petty Empire are B-Sides from Transfixiation. They appeared on a couple of 7"s that were sold on tour. I've got two of those 7"s. They came with actual metal plates as covers. There's a B-Side on one of the 7"s, called "Resistance", that is not on this compilation, however.
https://img.discogs.com/EwX_A02S8ycATrMvlPu5x9ZMS-E=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(40)/discogs-images/R-6775803-1444021972-1813.jpeg.jpg https://img.discogs.com/Gf829jt-byjpY2xItrWEqHr-OVU=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(40)/discogs-images/R-6775791-1443161792-1336.jpeg.jpg

Easy Life and Raiser were on a 7" in 2013.
https://img.discogs.com/AdVuU5BnE2sLBGmgJ8ZXxzdRzuk=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(40)/discogs-images/R-4629098-1370422953-2343.jpeg.jpg

Don't Save Your Love appeared on a compilation in 2011. The ones that appear to be exclusive to this compilation are Annie Rise and For Frederik, which I fail to properly date, either.

Also: Don't Stop was a B-Side to And I'm Up from Worship. The version on this compilation, however, seems to have been remixed. It sounds so much better now.

botley
05-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the roundup! I bought the Rare Meat compilation totally blind yesterday for Bandcamp Friday, not knowing exactly what was included. But it's terrific.

zaps30
05-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the update. I grabbed it.

wizfan
10-17-2020, 02:25 PM
So bummed that Rare Meat does not include "In The Shadow", which was an exclusive iTunes bonus track for Batman: Arkham City - The Album. I'm still hoping to get a lossless version of the song in the future.

DVYDRNS
10-18-2020, 05:30 PM
I asked Ollie about that.

he said, gotta keep some stuff for vol 2 lol

botley
04-20-2021, 07:39 AM
New EP announced for July called Hologram (https://aplacetoburystrangers.bandcamp.com/album/hologram-ep) with the first track "End of the Night" streaming now! Sounds more vintage than Pinned to my ears. Excited to hear that Sandra and John Fedowitz are in the band and they've got a world tour coming next year!

wizfan
04-20-2021, 08:49 AM
New EP announced for July called Hologram (https://aplacetoburystrangers.bandcamp.com/album/hologram-ep) with the first track "End of the Night" streaming now! Sounds more vintage than Pinned to my ears. Excited to hear that Sandra and John Fedowitz are in the band and they've got a world tour coming next year!

Love it!! It hurts like good old APTBS.

burninglard
04-22-2021, 12:38 AM
New Song kicks ass! Love the wall of fuzz. It is a proven formula that is always to my liking. Adding Ceremony to the mix this might be the closest we ever get to a skywave reunion which is awesome as well.

DVYDRNS
07-17-2021, 09:00 AM
the new EP is pretty epic. I wrote about it....

https://subterraneanuniversity.com/blogs/music-blog/a-place-to-bury-strangers-hologram

rampface
07-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Great EP. I wish it was a full length. I'm hyped for the next record after this.

wizfan
07-18-2021, 12:22 AM
the new EP is pretty epic. I wrote about it....

https://subterraneanuniversity.com/blogs/music-blog/a-place-to-bury-strangers-hologram

Awesome write-up, man!!!

wizfan
08-06-2021, 08:32 PM
I want the riff of I Might Have to last forever.

DVYDRNS
09-09-2021, 12:36 PM
holy cow. the new band sounds epic.

Like the old days.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiT7zYLqjo/?fbclid=IwAR0m3PE8D8hnjEgdA_xp9k45InjOgbUqeU3VnG8_ Y5iIi2f_cjGm3ok83QA

profane
09-09-2021, 12:50 PM
holy cow. the new band sounds epic.

Like the old days.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiT7zYLqjo/?fbclid=IwAR0m3PE8D8hnjEgdA_xp9k45InjOgbUqeU3VnG8_ Y5iIi2f_cjGm3ok83QAGoing to catch them a few times next year. It's been far too long since I didn't manage on their previous tours either. Always a cathartic experience.

orson thrust
09-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Somehow I missed this EP. Been on a aptbs kick lately so i am looking forward to checking this out. Big fan of everything they have put out so far.

DVYDRNS
11-16-2021, 10:09 PM
I’m so happy to be able to share this finally.

The bands that inspired A Place to Bury Strangers, are the same bands that inspired me sonically and visually while I was growing up.

It was an epic experience to direct a video for a band who’s artistic vision so deeply coincides with my own.

This is the stuff I live for. This is why I picked up a camera.

https://youtu.be/Yam-47uEkvQ

allegate
11-16-2021, 10:15 PM
that was awesome, congrats!

r_z
11-26-2021, 05:23 PM
Great work!

wizfan
11-26-2021, 06:38 PM
Excellent, man! Loved the ending, hahahah!

DVYDRNS
11-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone!

now to get started on the remix…

r_z
11-29-2021, 04:30 AM
Is there a chance for Oliver to release some of those stems in the future? Asking for a friend. :)

DVYDRNS
11-29-2021, 08:00 AM
I can’t speak for him but that doesn’t appear to be in their radar.

DVYDRNS
02-05-2022, 01:58 PM
The new album is a kick yo.

wizfan
02-05-2022, 04:15 PM

I love it. They're on a whole another level now.

rampface
02-05-2022, 06:34 PM
I'm too attached to the new Animal Collective right now but I listened to this twice so far and it was pretty good. I need to spend more time with it.

botley
03-23-2022, 06:54 PM
Been bumping it all day on the turntable ("sclera white" vinyl variant). Killer.

DVYDRNS
03-23-2022, 09:30 PM
yea its buck wild.

virushopper
06-14-2022, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqNyDCrKQKQ