PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bgalbraith
12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I just started watching this and have really enjoyed it so far. The surreal nature of the show is great.

frankie teardrop
12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
definitely one of the best shows of the nineties and beyond! be careful during season two... common popular opinion (or perhaps accepted fact) is that the show takes a dive halfway through the second season. but stick with it, i found the last few episodes of the series quite excellent, even if it was a long and arduous buildup to the finale.

rarely does a prime time soap opera/drama get as terrifying and surreal as twin peaks. as mentioned elsewhere, i will always love audrey horne. and those julee cruise songs really tug at the heart strings!

opinion seems to be split on fire walk with me, but i very much enjoy it. that said, for any beginners, do NOT watch it first, even though it's a prequel! though do be sure to seek out the two hour pilot on the gold box edition of the series, released a few years back!

icklekitty
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I need to pull my finger out and buy that Gold Box Edition. Damn fine TV show! The endings to both series seasons are magnificent.

frankie teardrop
12-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Damn fine TV show!

and HOT!

(ten beans)

bgalbraith
12-22-2011, 11:50 AM
and HOT!

Agent Cooper has some outstanding lines. I also cracked up at this exchange: "What's with the lady with the log?" "We call her 'Log Lady'"

Lutz
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I think opinion on Fire Walk With Me was only divided when it was released because Lynch hadn't entered the second phase of his career and people didn't understand the stylistic change. After he made Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive people understood in retrospect exactly what he was doing and revised their opinion on how good it is.

The other reason to watch Fire Walk With Me last is because a portion of the plot is used to tie up loose ends from season 2.

frankie teardrop
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I think opinion on Fire Walk With Me was only divided when it was released because Lynch hadn't entered the second phase of his career and people didn't understand the stylistic change. After he made Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive people understood in retrospect exactly what he was doing and revised their opinion on how good it is.

i'm not so sure that's true... eraserhead as definitely a surrealist nightmare (though i guess it could be dismissed as an arty college film). but blue velvet had its fair share of detractors at the time...not so much for it's complex plot, but lynch definitely had the reputation of being a bit out there/pretentious/surrealist/etc. mixed reviews for velvet, if i recall, and definitely a lot of people who hated dune.

if anything, i think lynch has proven himself these days, or perhaps seeing his influence and direction come to fruition has helped his films age gracefully and be viewed as classics. either way, fire walk with me is a must to watch upon completion of the show!

richardp
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I dream that someday Criterion will release a Twin Peaks set with the entire series, as well as Fire Walk With Me. It will never ever happen, but I can keep dreaming.

Sebek
12-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Twin Peaks is my #1 favorite tv show ever. Speaking of Lynch though, has anyone notice him playing himself in American Dad lately? I caught the Halloween episode and though "that's weird, Lynch is in a cartoon... maybe since it's a weird Halloween episde" -- but then I saw him in another one, too.

Wretchedest
12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Twin Peaks is my #1 favorite tv show ever. Speaking of Lynch though, has anyone notice him playing himself in American Dad lately? I caught the Halloween episode and though "that's weird, Lynch is in a cartoon... maybe since it's a weird Halloween episde" -- but then I saw him in another one, too.

I'm trying to make sense of this. Unfortunately I can't find any clips.

Also I reccomend against Fire Walk with Me. By the time you can see it without spoiling everything, it just rehashes everything you know. It's extremely depressing and it lacks the charm that the series has.

richardp
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM
It's extremely depressing and it lacks the charm that the series has.

I actually liked that about the film. It was it's own identity, while still being associated with the series. The story for the series was always dark and depressing, but the show was able to mask that with humor. The film actually dove into Laura Palmer's world showing how un-humorous and serious what she was going through really was. It was a lot less fantastically and grounded more in reality. Very very dark stuff, but also very moving, in my opinion.

Frozen Beach
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
I love David Lynch's work(including his music). Fire Walk With Me is one of my favorite films by him. David Lynch takes the image of the show I love so much, and destroys all the innocence that remained in Twin Peaks, but after he destroys it, you can see new life start to grow from the destruction. If only he was allowed to show us the new life...

For you Twin Peaks fans, be sure to check out Julee Cruise's first two albums(Floating Into The Night and The Voice Of Love). Produced by Angelo Badalamenti, and lyrics written by David Lynch. They are amazing albums.

I dream that someday Criterion will release a Twin Peaks set with the entire series, as well as Fire Walk With Me. It will never ever happen, but I can keep dreaming.
Criterion will be unnecessary since a bluray version of the Gold Box is being prepared, and it's highly likely deleted scenes from FWWM will be released with it.

You sure it wasn't The Cleveland Show? David Lynch plays Gus The Bartender on it.

frankie teardrop
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
i really love those first two julee cruise albums (and might have made mention of them elsewhere in the music forum). fun fact= 'falling' was our wedding processional song!

my original tagline on the old boards was i am the muffin...which reminds me of my favorite scene from fire walk with me, and this killer track (http://vimeo.com/8813048).

richardp
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Criterion will be unnecessary since a bluray version of the Gold Box is being prepared, and it's highly likely deleted scenes from FWWM will be released with it.

Really? I haven't heard of this. When was this announced?

Aaron
12-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Seriously. How long have we been waiting for those scenes? By the way, the entire series streams in 1080p on Netflix Instant (and it's so beautiful), so there is obviously an HD master of the show floating around out there waiting to be released on blu-ray.

halloween
12-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh man, I love this show. It was definitely a little odd when I saw the first episodes for the first, after i'd seen other of david lynch's works. I was just sitting there thinking "what's the catch? this is almost too normal??" And of course... I was rewarded as I kept watching heh. I had a funny conversation with a couple of friends at school once. During break in class, this girl turns to me and the other guy sitting there and says "So what's up with Twin Peaks? Is it just some bad show from the 90s?" And I immediately turned and looked at the guy, who also looked at me- as if we were both thinking "WHAT DID SHE SAY? WHAT DO WE SAY?" And so we asked her how much she's seen of it, and of course she said only the first episode and she had never seen anything else by lynch so in the end I think we both convinced her to "just keep watching it", since we couldn't really explain much about it. Hehe.

P.S. I still haven't seen the movie however. People have told me to "not bother" but seeing some people here say they liked it, I think I might bother after all. Just for shits and giggles.

Aaron
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I've had that conversation so many times, about so much of David Lynch's work. Definitely watch the movie, though, if only because it ties up some loose ends from the series, and it's also very good in its own right. Just don't expect a feature-length version of a Twin Peaks episode, because it's very different. Much darker, much more violent and sexual, as others have said.

Vertigo
12-23-2011, 03:27 PM
In my opinion, Twin Peaks is a show with kind of a dual identity - part Lynchian weirdness and darkness, part witty, comedic pastiche of American soaps. Throughout most of the show those elements sit together quite happily, but after a certain major event in the second season (don't want to spoil it for anyone), the Lynchian side totally drops out until right at the end. Throw in a seriously underwhelming new villain, and I've never been happy with the latter part of the series.

Fire Walk With Me makes up for it, in my opinion, by going the other way - it's all-out Lynch. Given the foundation of the series, I think it's more accessible and affecting than any of his other films - I'd recommend it to anyone. It's enormously spoilerific if you haven't seen the series, however...

cicatriz
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I was ready to jump onto the Twin Peaks bandwagon until I made it to Season 2. Fuck it's bad.

Sebek
12-23-2011, 05:55 PM
You sure it wasn't The Cleveland Show? David Lynch plays Gus The Bartender on it.

Ahhh, you're totally right it was The Cleveland Show! Getting confused with my Seth MacFarlane shows... but yeah, I found that totally weird and unexpected.

Lutz
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Lynch has always said the only reason they haven't released the FWWM deleted scenes is because he wants them to be in good quality and no one will spend the money on that.

Frozen Beach
12-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Mark Frost announced it on twitter a while back, plus Lynch has mentioned it in interviews. Now, Mark Frost is the only one who has said that it's possible that FWWM deleted scenes may show up on the bluray.

Seriously. How long have we been waiting for those scenes? By the way, the entire series streams in 1080p on Netflix Instant (and it's so beautiful), so there is obviously an HD master of the show floating around out there waiting to be released on blu-ray.Legit HD 720p files can be bought on itunes

I was ready to jump onto the Twin Peaks bandwagon until I made it to Season 2. Fuck it's bad.
It gets better towards the big reveal and at the very end.

PQHooligan
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
i really love those first two julee cruise albums (and might have made mention of them elsewhere in the music forum). fun fact= 'falling' was our wedding processional song!

my original tagline on the old boards was i am the muffin...which reminds me of my favorite scene from fire walk with me, and this killer track (http://vimeo.com/8813048).

I believe you'll appreciate this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lCuV_NlBo

So who is a fan of David Lynch's album Crazy Clown Time?

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Clown-Time-David-Lynch/dp/B005N0C0C8

Morad
12-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I started watching it last month, and I'm nearly finished with Season 2, and I have to say, it's so disappointing to see this once-amazing show go downhill in its second season. I really thought Season 1 was perfect in every way, then Season 2 just got... weird - and not in the good Lynchian way. With the exception of that beautiful Leland Palmer reveal, I can't find myself caring for any of the plotlines or the characters anymore; they aren't real and tangible anymore, and they feel like poorly-made cartoon characters. The storyline with James "on the road" is utterly atrocious, and other plots like Little Nicky and Ben Horne's civil war obsession just brings me to shame. This was such a great show with such complex characters in the first season, and now I feel I have to force myself to finish the show all the way through. While Season 1 to me was a textbook on how to make a TV show in the best possible way, Season 2 seems like a textbooks on the don'ts of television.

Also, although I understand that this was early '90s television, the use of lightning, storms, and all those other cliched scenic devices bother me quite a lot. I really don't understand where the writers are taking this show in the second season, and unfortunately, I don't really care. Every time I watch an episode now, I just get frustrated at how bad it is getting, especially considering how we came to love all these characters so deeply in the first season.

Vertigo
12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Morad - I know what you mean, but make sure you check out Fire Walk With Me. I think you'll like it.

Morad
12-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing it after reading this thread actually! That entire "Fire Walk With Me" storyline was exactly what made me fall in love with the show in the first place.

Agent Dale Cooper
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Twin peaks is a masterpiece.
Funny, surreal, terrifying and everything else.
It's great to see people still discovering the series to this day.
Fire Walk With Me is also an essential addition.
I long for a blu ray release of both series one day.

Frozen Beach
12-25-2011, 04:33 AM
So who is a fan of David Lynch's album Crazy Clown Time?

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Clown-Time-David-Lynch/dp/B005N0C0C8
I am. Surprisingly, it's not as abstract as I thought it would be. A lot of people fear that this is getting in the way of him making films, which I think is pure horse shit. Everyone should know that David makes films when he has an idea. He doesn't shit films out like most directors.

icklekitty
12-25-2011, 02:35 PM
This dynamic is possibly my favourite thing about the whole show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZxNhjQ4iok

Space Suicide
12-25-2011, 03:49 PM
I still need Season One, I own Season Two on DVD and have for quite some time. Snagged it from Big Lots last year for $6.00. Amazing deal.

diptych
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
From what I've heard, the reason Season 2 of Twin Peaks was decidedly un-"Lynchian", was because he was filming Wild At Heart at the time and unable to give major input to the writers. He did return toward the end of the season and brought the show back on track for the most part, but unfortunately it had lost a large portion of its viewing audience by then and it was cancelled before Lynch could properly revitalize it.

He was also planning to make more movies based on the series (originally talking about making a trilogy of films) but Fire Walk With Me barely made any money at the box office so these plans were scrapped.

Over the years, there's been the occasional rumor about Lynch or one of the series' ex-cast members having plans to reboot the series, or bring it back to life in some other format. Personally, I would love to see this happen! Imagine what could happen if they get the right people involved.

Wretchedest
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM
well, the second season IS kind of unlynchian.... but its not terrible, it's pretty funny sometimes, but it lacks the flair of the first season.

I fthey ever returned I'd want to see what's going on in twin Peaks these days.. Where's everybody been?

Frozen Beach
12-28-2011, 01:20 PM
From what I've heard, the reason Season 2 of Twin Peaks was decidedly un-"Lynchian", was because he was filming Wild At Heart at the time and unable to give major input to the writers. He did return toward the end of the season and brought the show back on track for the most part, but unfortunately it had lost a large portion of its viewing audience by then and it was cancelled before Lynch could properly revitalize it.

Lynch was there(well, in and out) for the beginning of the season until after the big unveil. Everything after, besides the final episode, wasn't Lynch. I don't really see why though he didn't have time to direct when he had plenty of time to act in it...

Sebek
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm trying to get the girl I'm seeing into Twin Peaks... we're 4 episodes in and she is just nooot into it. This is her first experience with David Lynch. Very disappointing. As much as I love it I realize that stylistically it isn't for everyone (although it should be).

Agent Dale Cooper
12-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm trying to get the girl I'm seeing into Twin Peaks... we're 4 episodes in and she is just nooot into it. This is her first experience with David Lynch. Very disappointing. As much as I love it I realize that stylistically it isn't for everyone (although it should be).

Yeah, I think after 4 episodes if she was going to be into it, then it would have caught her by now.

PQHooligan
12-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm not a watcher of the show Psych, and I believe this was mentioned on the old ETS, but they did a pretty cool homage episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_CSE69RxR0

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJJ0jBkMao)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0Z2GuWsOI

full episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJJ0jBkMao

richardp
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a complete collection of the current Twin Peaks Archive soundtrack? I have 1-44, but would like everything released since those tracks.

henryeatscereal
04-12-2012, 11:12 PM
well, the second season IS kind of unlynchian.... but its not terrible, it's pretty funny sometimes, but it lacks the flair of the first season.

I fthey ever returned I'd want to see what's going on in twin Peaks these days.. Where's everybody been?

The second season is uneven mostly for the directing is true, but also the lame and pointless storylines (mostly the ones with James Hurley and Audrey Horne, great characters in the first season but wasted in the second one), but the ending never dissapoints, even though it ends as a cliffanger!

Lutz
04-12-2012, 11:27 PM
But they didn't really leave anything in the air from the series. Fire Walk With Me answers the remaining questions from the cliffhanger that weren't already answered directly from Dale's season one dream (or was that only in the european version?).

henryeatscereal
04-12-2012, 11:56 PM
But they didn't really leave anything in the air from the series. Fire Walk With Me answers the remaining questions from the cliffhanger that weren't already answered directly from Dale's season one dream (or was that only in the european version?).
That's true but i think "Fire Walk with Me" acts like an epilogue but clearly doesn't answer some of the questions set in season 2 *CAUTION SPOILERS AHEAD* (Who survived the bank explotion?, Does Bob kill again as Agent Cooper?, what happened to Josie's soul?) much of this was going to be answered in the hypothetical third season, but the low ratings and lack of interest from the Production team prevented this from happening...

halloween
04-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh! I'm so excited that they had that episode on youtube- I never bothered to look it up but people have told me to watch it when I start talking about Twin Peaks. Awesome! That's the first episode of Psyche I've ever seen now, heh.

hobochic
05-13-2012, 12:44 AM
This is probably the best thing on the internet, ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wSpoHBat2-A

Vertigo
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
This is probably the best thing on the internet, ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wSpoHBat2-A

We really need a SuperLike button. Twin Peaks had such an incredible score.

Space Suicide
05-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I like the show. I wish it had lasted longer than it did and its a true 1990's staple in television.

I only own season 2 on DVD. I really need to get season 1 sometime.

henryeatscereal
05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree, i think the show deserved 2 more season at least

Findus
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I only own season 2 on DVD. I really need to get season 1 sometime.

Don't forget that the season 1 DVD set does not include the pilot (which is included in the seasons 1 & 2 definitive gold box edition).

muad'nin
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Do we dare to dream?

http://blastr.com/2013/01/is-david-lynch-secretly-b.php

henryeatscereal
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Holy shit, eat your heart out American Horror Story!!!

Lutz
01-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Well the most important question is would they have Lara Flynn Boyle or Moira Kelly returning as Donna?

And someone jog my memory but twenty five years is also supposed to be the amount of time that Dale spends in the Black Lodge?

muad'nin
01-03-2013, 05:04 AM
The story has been picked up elsewhere, also -

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/192846/david-lynch-reportedly-in-talks-to-reboot-twin-peaks/

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/twin-peaks-returning/

It's all rather exciting, but I guess time will tell!

Lutz, if I recall correctly, the Lodge / Red Room scene from episode 2 (3 if you include the pilot) takes place 25 years in our future from 1990 (I say "ours" because time has no meaning in the Lodges). This is all subject to correction from a hardcore Peaks Freak if any care to clarify...

Magtig
01-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Well, this page: http://www.facebook.com/BringBackTwinPeaks is all over the comments sections of those articles. According to them this is something they may have instigated. However, a post on their page this morning said Twin Peaks s03 is sounding more and more like a rumor.

marodi
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I will believe this the moment I'm sitting in front of my TV, watching the first episode of season 3 and not a second before.

I will never survive the disappointment if I get my hopes up and it turns out not to be true.

Magtig
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Okay, here's the source of all the speculation. It's speculation on the part of Mark Frost, but it wasn't confirmation of anything.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/03/twin_peaks_return_season_3_rumored_with_david_lync h_and_mark_frost_reportedly.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=button_toolbar

I agree with the Slate writer, HBO or FX would be a more fitting network than any public network.

Frozen Beach
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Wasn't the series suppose to continue in a comic book series, but it was cancelled at the last second? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Honestly, for a continuation through a new series/season, I think it's too late.

frankie teardrop
01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
i'm very hesitant and nervous about the prospect. a little too precious of a show (if imperfect) to be fucking around with it after 20+ years.

icklekitty
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I want this one to happen.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Hopefully this is being rumored wrong and what's on the table is actually giving Lynch a new show that simply reuses many of the same actors.

Lutz
01-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Why is David Lynch posting articles about him proposing a third season of Twin Peaks on his Facebook page???

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
01-04-2013, 04:42 AM
I would presume that if he were putting articles about it on his Facebook page it would mean he's interested in a third season of Twin Peaks. But since he hasn't posted anything there since August it's really hard to say.

Lutz
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I presume the reason why he hasn't made a movie in a while is because he is completely unable to get American funding and now even distribution for his movies?

It's such a glaring indictment of the current system that one of the acknowledged living icons of American cinema is not able to make American movies.

Frozen Beach
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
^David has said countless times that the main reason why he hasn't made a film in recent years is because he doesn't really have any ideas.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/22/entertainment/la-et-mn-david-lynch-has-no-ideas-for-a-new-film-20120622

muad'nin
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
http://blastr.com/2013/01/how-those-twin-peaks-rumo.php

henryeatscereal
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Cool article on how to continue the series here (http://theweek.com/article/index/238491/twin-peaks-the-definitive-plan-to-continue-the-series?fb_action_ids=10152451407235647&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366)
After reading it i would love to see a third season for Twin Peaks so bad!

I also found a petition to bring back the series: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-twin-peaks/

Wretchedest
01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Twin Peaks is the greatest show of all time. Its something of a holy grail and remains unrivalled.

That said Im not eager to jump on the season 3 bandwagon. On the one hand I wonder where things would have gone from its ending... on the other there's a lot that can go wrong. That petition raises a good point: there are a lot of unanswered Twin Peaks. But if ever there was proof that some questions are best left unanswered, it is Twin Peaks itself, which failed because its ultimate question was answered in concession to executives. David Lynch movies aren't about explaining themselves, its one of their brightest defining qualities. The fact that they can engage the viewer long after they finish.

If I were to jump on the bandwagon, it would only be on the condition that David Lynch were on board for the whole thing. And he won't be. If he wanted to do it, he woupd be doing it. He isn't the type to wait for the TV go ahead, especially in this day and age. Part of me would rather see how the mulholland drive show would have come out...

Im curious to see what will happen.

marodi
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Twin Peaks and Carnivale are the 2 shows that left me so frustrated because of unanswered questions but like many I wouldn't want the quality of a show to be compromised just because the public need answers. Sometimes, it is better to not have them at all.

I'll give Picnic at Hanging Rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picnic_at_Hanging_Rock_(novel)) as an example. What makes the novel (and the film) so great is the mystery of what happened to the girls. Originally, Joan Lindsay had written the last chapter, explaining everything but the publisher made the decision to remove that last chapter which was a stroke of genius. When the "missing chapter" was finally published years later, readers were disappointed with the author explanation of the mystery because what made the novel was the "not knowing".

eversonpoe
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
didn't realize there was a dedicated thread for the show!

finally watched "fire walk with me" last week and it really got under my skin.

in fact, just today, i got this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0e66135cddab997d81013c9c2dac74c4/tumblr_mlf1lbsX0d1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

henryeatscereal
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
cool tat man! i want to get an owl as a homage to the series (amongst other things), now i just need money...

Oh, in other "news"...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5651/53410554161526587759985.jpg

Piko
04-21-2013, 01:06 PM
didn't realize there was a dedicated thread for the show!

finally watched "fire walk with me" last week and it really got under my skin.

in fact, just today, i got this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0e66135cddab997d81013c9c2dac74c4/tumblr_mlf1lbsX0d1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

Nice tat!

I didn't care much for FWWM the first time. Second time was a little better. Some of the lines were great. Especially the "prom queen" line.

icklekitty
04-21-2013, 01:42 PM
There's a cabaret night in London called The Double R Club which is essentially a David Lynch-themed event. Free "Agent Cooper" (i.e. coffee style) cocktails and doughnuts on entry, acts from the films/TV shows (e.g. stripping Audrey Horne, lipsyncing, Bob-style body modification) and "guess who" style quizzes with bunny-themed prizes. Oh, and a yearly Miss Twin Peaks contest.

It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NRP0GqQKbg

elevenism
04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
i started watching TP on netfling. i've been meaning to get back on it, and i think i will after reading this thread.
speaking of david lynch, can someone...anyone...explain Mulholland Drive to me? I love Eraserhead and Lost Highway, but i am secure in knowing that these are admittedly, not exactly cohesive "stories," per se. I look at lynch movies almost like paintings. But with Mulholland Drive, lynch himself swears up and down that it IS a cohesive story. After 8 or 9 viewings over the years, i have a theory...but like bowie said on earthling..."I dont want knowledge, i want CERTAINTY!"

Wretchedest
04-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Mulholland Drive is the wrong place to go for certainty. But most people assume that it's about a dream.

Eraserhead on the otherhand, is actually a cohesive story especially compared to Mulholland Drive and lost highway. It's deceptively simple and straightforward.

Piko
04-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Mulhulland Drive does have a cohesive story. Just have to watch it a couple times to get it. And some of the story isnt linear. I'll try to explain it though.

it was a dream. Diane and Camilla had a fling and were actresses. Camilla was more successful and so on. In the dream, everything was almost the complete opposite from reality:

In the dream, the waitress' name was Diane. In reality, it was Betty.
Betty was well received during the audition. Diane wasn't.
In the dream, the director was forced to hire Camilla due to pressure from outside influences.
The director's life was falling apart around him. But, really, it wasn't.
Diane was dead in the dream. Same apartment and everything.
The hitman was a clutz in the dream. He was actually the opposite.
The limo drops Diane off at Mulholland. She goes up and the opposite direction.

It's Diane's guilt before committing suicide. Everything in the dream was everything she wished things would've been. Success etc.

thelastdisciple
06-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I've got about 7 episodes left to go and then I'm finished watching season 2 for the first time.

I can definitely see how this season was starting to get frustrating for some folks, certain things that you were more interested in ended up taking a backseat for a bit and they went down all these detours with the characters that just wasn't as interesting.

Also it's funny, I was just thinking on how this show is probably responsible for inspiring what ended up being The X-Files a year or so later...

Low and behold David Duchovny shows up in some Twin Peaks episodes lol

eversonpoe
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
david duchovny in drag...oooooh boy, did i like that too much.

henryeatscereal
06-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Heather Graham was cool too!

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201306/571936264044bd3a3a141024c4c5eb8e.jpg

Piko
06-15-2013, 10:27 AM
How's annie?!?!?!

thelastdisciple
06-15-2013, 10:55 PM
How's annie?!?!?!
I don't know but god damn it why'd it have to end like that?!!!!

:(

I just finished that last episode, ugh i want moooooore.

Piko
06-15-2013, 11:45 PM
I felt cheated by the end. The movie doesn't really answer anything either. Guess he's stuck there... I saw somewhere that they were to go to the black lodge to save him, if there was a third season..

Wretchedest
06-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Your crazy! Tue ending is like the best episode of anything ever! The perfect ending! Blasohemy!

eversonpoe
06-16-2013, 09:41 AM
So is there going to be a Twin Peaks Season 3 or what?

if it was 1993, i would say GOD DAMN I HOPE SO! but since it's 20 years after that, i dearly hope not. it wouldn't make any sense to go back. i wish that lynch had made more films like he had planned, exploring more of the characters and storylines from the town, but he didn't, and i'm ok with what we have. :: shrug ::

Piko
06-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Your crazy! Tue ending is like the best episode of anything ever! The perfect ending! Blasohemy!

I liked the finale. Just bummed that the series and movie ended with more questions than answers. That final episode is one of the best things I've ever seen.

thelastdisciple
06-16-2013, 10:53 AM
One thing that's eating me...why does the movie contradict the show with Donna's character and her involvement with Laura? this seems like a pretty huge difference... is it supposed to be an alternate reality/timeline of events or what?

Piko
06-16-2013, 11:37 AM
It's a prequel. What contradiction?

thelastdisciple
06-16-2013, 11:44 AM
It's a prequel. What contradiction?
Hahaha cheeky :P

henryeatscereal
06-18-2013, 09:14 AM
SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

On the series ending:
I like the ending, i know the series was intended to continue, but i think the final chapter is awesome and the "inconclusive" nature of the final scene is what makes it for me... in a way it says: Copper was the real victim and Bob always wanted an intelligent honest man ...that's fuckin scary!
I can't think a better way to end a different and unique TV show, than that last scene... not your regular: "happy ending", but an end with a BANG!!!

On the movie:
I don't think it's bad is a prequel because the movie fills most of the gaps on the series.... as a "sole movie", it's a total failure (mostly because you have to know the series beforehand), yet as a "long prequel chapter" it's awesome! and the movie also gives closure to the audience showing us that Cooper will always be "lost" in the Black Lodge but will always protect Laura until the end, that's another good ending that does not contradict the series yet it gives us peace...

Still the series can continue from this point and it would be awesome but only if David Lynch and Mark Frost are involved.

fillow
06-18-2013, 09:56 AM
The best part of the movie was Teresa Banks investigation at the beginning.

Piko
06-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Lynch is done with it. He's said he's fine with someone coming along and rebooting it, if done right. And I'm lost by a few things though.

What happened to Desmond?
And it seemed like Cooper would be stuck there for at least 25 years. Assuming from what Laura told him in the lodge.

henryeatscereal
06-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Lynch is done with it. He's said he's fine with someone coming along and rebooting it, if done right. And I'm lost by a few things though.

Most likely taken to the Black Lodge

And it seemed like Cooper would be stuck there for at least 25 years. Assuming from what Laura told him in the lodge.
That is correct, also in the movie we find out that Laura had the same dream as Cooper, so she knows him already when they meet in the Black Lodge

thelastdisciple
06-18-2013, 12:28 PM

That whole 25 years thing is interesting to think about, if that's how much time is supposed to have passed in the real world i wonder how it'd reflect on the time passed when Cooper is actually supposed to be stuck in there considering time is supposed to be a non-issue in the lodges and they supersede the past, the present and the future..., they are neither here nor there yet they ARE here and there... it's fucked up.

Desmond went to or is on his way to the black lodge via the waiting room since Mike/Little Man obviously gets the ring back from him somehow. Unless he conjures up another one and uses his magics.

Whenever Laura or Cooper have these dreams, are they essentially projecting their subconscious into their shadow selves?

Also when Cooper mentions to Albert about what he knows about the next murder, whether that was info he got or gathered from a "dream" or not is it also possible that he got some offscreen information from the Giant? that and who would have given him the idea to do that security camera thing?

Piko
06-18-2013, 01:14 PM
But, wouldn't have Desmond have left the lodge at some point, or do you think he ended up in the white lodge, and simply is dead? And what about bowie's character? Seems apparent that he was also in the black lodge, got out, then disappeared (?). Amazing series.

thelastdisciple
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
But, wouldn't have Desmond have left the lodge at some point, or do you think he ended up in the white lodge, and simply is dead? And what about bowie's character? Seems apparent that he was also in the black lodge, got out, then disappeared (?). Amazing series.
Apparently there's a theory and it does make sense if you think about it that Jeffries (Bowie's character).... once he was in the black lodge was aware that the version of Cooper that got out of the waiting room at the end of Season 2 was infact a Bob inhabited doppelganger. This is why he points at Cooper in the movie and says "Who do you think this is there!?", however i don't think that he was particularly aware of what point in time he had arrived at since obviously the events of Season 2 had not occurred yet (yet at the same time they had, hence Annie Blackburn showing up to Laura and all that).

Definitely a mind bending show.

henryeatscereal
06-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Cool theory, i also understand that space-time continumm does not apply in the Black Lodge, so in a way Jeffries could have warned Cooper way early of his abduction...

Off topic: I was listening to this song on my way to the work today, how awesome is the last sample of Pete Marttell's voice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNzzeC1sFA

Piko
06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Gonna have to watch it again. Jefferies was definitely "out of it". Wonder where he disappeared off to... he disappears almost as quick as he appears.

Space Suicide
06-18-2013, 04:25 PM
So, I just realized I own Season Two on DVD and have for years but still have yet to both to get or buy Season One D:

eversonpoe
06-18-2013, 07:44 PM
So, I just realized I own Season Two on DVD and have for years but still have yet to both to get or buy Season One D:

the whole series is on netflix, if you've got that!

thelastdisciple
06-19-2013, 12:18 AM
These are great little parodies/tributes.

http://youtu.be/IRhkEVrqZe4

http://youtu.be/97AKy7mViBg

http://youtu.be/Vftf8TTve4s

http://youtu.be/Yfh_itdzMq4

Piko
06-19-2013, 07:32 AM
That scooby doo one was awesome. And that man in red sounds incredibly identical to the original. Wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

eversonpoe
06-19-2013, 07:59 AM
That scooby doo one was awesome. And that man in red sounds incredibly identical to the original. Wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

it's not him, but it was awesome. i saw it the other day and could not help my jaw from hanging open the whole time.

henryeatscereal
06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
^ those parodies are great, specially when Homer is watching, hahaha...

I also love this one:

http://vimeo.com/32597791

Ripe(withdecay)
06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I know this is a super necro post, but I've just watched the whole show and the movie. Twin Peaks is the greatest show I've ever experienced, David Lynch is a mastermind.

Camille
06-23-2014, 03:18 PM
The whole shebang is released on blu-ray soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Entire-Mystery-Blu-ray/dp/B00H9BFV98

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-entire-mystery-deleted-scenes-trailer/ (scroll down page for full disc content)

Also, the soundtrack is being released on Death Waltz Records http://www.factmag.com/2014/02/12/twin-peaks-soundtracks-set-for-vinyl-reissue-on-death-waltz/

Exciting time for TP nuts.

eversonpoe
06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
The whole shebang is released on blu-ray soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Entire-Mystery-Blu-ray/dp/B00H9BFV98

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-entire-mystery-deleted-scenes-trailer/ (scroll down page for full disc content)

Also, the soundtrack is being released on Death Waltz Records http://www.factmag.com/2014/02/12/twin-peaks-soundtracks-set-for-vinyl-reissue-on-death-waltz/

Exciting time for TP nuts.

had no idea about the soundtracks! that's exciting!!!

so glad i pre-ordered the blu-ray box set when i did (at $90) because it's $120, now. love that pre-order price guarantee.

Piko
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
I really want it. But that's a little too much money for two seasons.

eversonpoe
06-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I really want it. But that's a little too much money for two seasons.

two seasons AND the movie, plus a ton of bonus features.

Piko
06-23-2014, 04:29 PM
I'll probably get it eventually. Hopefully it's full/wide screen (16:9) unlike the gold box (4:3)

eversonpoe
06-23-2014, 11:18 PM
I'll probably get it eventually. Hopefully it's full/wide screen (16:9) unlike the gold box (4:3)

if netflix has it in widescreen (which it does), the blu-rays will DEFINITELY be in widescreen.

Piko
06-24-2014, 12:26 AM
if netflix has it in widescreen (which it does), the blu-rays will DEFINITELY be in widescreen.

That's news to me. When I watched it on netflix, it was only 4:3. Maybe it was my tv.

Findus
06-24-2014, 02:06 AM
That's news to me. When I watched it on netflix, it was only 4:3. Maybe it was my tv.

Same here...... I'm seeing 4:3

fillow
06-24-2014, 03:21 AM
How do you even expect an early 90s' show to be in widescreen? Cropped at the top and bottom?

Frozen Beach
06-24-2014, 04:25 AM
It's a television show made in the early 90's. It's not gonna be 16:9 unless they crop it, which would be disgusting. You, on the other hand, can crop it yourself if you locate the aspect ratio function on your tv. Apologies if this comes off as dickish.

Piko
06-24-2014, 08:11 AM
How do you even expect an early 90s' show to be in widescreen? Cropped at the top and bottom?

The same way people remaster tv shows and film from way back? Maybe I'm getting it wrong. But, when I watched it on netflix, it only took up the middle of the screen. So maybe it's the resolution and I'm getting my wording wrong. But, if you can successfully do it for movies and shows from the 70s, why not a tv show from the 90s?

It's a television show made in the early 90's. It's not gonna be 16:9 unless they crop it, which would be disgusting. You, on the other hand, can crop it yourself if you locate the aspect ratio function on your tv. Apologies if this comes off as dickish.

Nah, Not at all.

eversonpoe
06-24-2014, 08:21 AM
ok, maybe i'm hallucinating. it's been over a year since i finished watching it on netflix.

anyway, most shows from back then weren't filmed with the intention of being in widescreen, so there's often visible equipment or other things in what would normally be the widescreen field of view that would make it look terrible.

Camille
06-24-2014, 10:56 AM
had no idea about the soundtracks! that's exciting!!!

Did you get a hold of the Twin Peaks music archive? http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/twin-peaks-archive-david-lynch/ It's a staggering collection. It's download only, and still available (I think).
I'm looking forward to the vinyl release of the soundtrack on Death Waltz though, their releases are top quality.

GulDukat
06-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Twin Peaks started out great. Up until you find out who killed Laura Palmer the show was really gripping and well-done. The "who-done-it,"
off-beat characters, music, etc. was just perfect. After her killer is revealed, however, the quality of the show really declined. The writers were like "now what?" and the rest of season 2 was filled with a lot of half-baked stories that went nowhere. Still, the show started off great.

Piko
06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Season two was all over the place. Jumping from story to story. Countless guest stars. After they revealed the killer, it definitely dropped in quality. But, it picked back up towards the end.

henryeatscereal
06-25-2014, 01:12 PM
I confess i like the "second part" of season 2, right after they revealed Laura's killer, the "alien abduction" and the whole "spelunking in the owl cave" are intriguing

Vertigo
06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
My opinion, it felt like the Lynch factor completely dropped out of the show after Laura's plotline was resolved, leaving the show as a cookie soap/comedy. When the Lynch factor returned towards the end, it felt like too little too late.

GulDukat
06-25-2014, 02:54 PM
That one guy thinking that he was a Civil War general (or something along those lines) was a definite low-point of the show, as one poster pointed out a few pages ago. Definitely a frustrating show as there were some real highs and lows.

Frozen Beach
06-25-2014, 05:24 PM
The low point was James and Evelyn. Every time that plot came on screen, I felt physically nauseous. At least Ben Horne's breakdown/Civil War shenanigans was mildly amusing.

eversonpoe
06-26-2014, 01:13 AM
The low point was James and Evelyn. Every time that plot came on screen, I felt physically nauseous. At least Ben Horne's breakdown/Civil War shenanigans was mildly amusing.

when i first started watching the series, my fiancee was all "ugh, james" and i didn't understand, because he seems pretty ok in the first few episodes. but by the end of season one, i was kind of like "whatever, james" and then when that shit happened in season two, every time it would switch to his story-line, we would both go "ughhhhhhhhhhhh JAMES" out loud.

and i think ben's civil war breakdown is extremely entertaining, i just think it lasted a bit too long.

henryeatscereal
06-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Ben's breakdown was too long but it showed some awesome acting by Richard Beymer (maybe one of the top 3 actors on the show along with Ray Wise...)

muad'nin
10-06-2014, 04:35 AM
http://www.blastr.com/2014-10-3/do-mysterious-tweets-twin-peaks-co-creators-mean-revival-near

One wonders if this is feasible... Frank Silva is no longer with us. Don S. Davis is no longer with us...

But still, the idea is so tantalising... Particularly if Lynch and Frost are on board...

Millionaire
10-06-2014, 07:06 AM
I hope if Lynch does do Twin Peaks again that he goes back to film, or gets a good digital camera with a good cinematographer. I like his digital stuff, but primarily for the ideas. I think his 'film' films are gorgeous, and really captures the somewhat dreamlike state he goes for than his recent digital stuff does.

Piko
10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Didn't he say, though, that it'd likely be a reboot if it ever happened? He also seemed reluctant to be involved. So who knows? Minds change.

henryeatscereal
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Lynch has said "It's possible" (http://www.alternativenation.net/david-lynch-says-twin-peaks-revival-is-possible-ray-wise-dana-ashbrook-reveals-where-leland-bobby-are-today/), so i'll guess we'll have to wait and see, the tweets were also a good indication, i think it's a good project for Lynch, since he's not directing anything.

Sarah K
10-06-2014, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHsA4WIFvc

october_midnight
10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Only 9 episodes though? Come onnnn...

Swykk
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I love this news but in the back of my mind, I have questions. How's this going to go down? Will it hold up to the original? I'm watching it regardless.

Frozen Beach
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

ghostaustin
10-06-2014, 12:45 PM
My question is: Is Audrey still hot, or just burnt?

henryeatscereal
10-06-2014, 01:49 PM
My question is: Is Audrey still hot, or just burnt?
I'll go with "burnt"

Madchen Amick is still looking pretty hot, though...

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2013/12/12/previews/Madchen%20Amick-AES-117885.jpg

Frozen Beach
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/23r1uuv.jpg
Someone, please fucking slap me.

muad'nin
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-2016-showtime/

This is actually happening...

Right?

henryeatscereal
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Yes it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

thelastdisciple
10-06-2014, 05:36 PM
As much as i love Twin Peaks i will be having very cautious optimism toward the new go at it. I want it to be awesome just as much as everyone else but i don't wanna get my hopes up and i can't help but feel it's too late no matter the "I'll see you again in 25 years" narrative, i mean they didn't have to follow that EXACTLY....

So now assuming they bring a lot of the same characters back and the actors/actresses that played them... seeing as some of them have aged so much i think it's just going to look weird, you sort of remember the likeness one way and sometimes being reintroduced to them again with a different appearance (sometimes drastically so thanks to plastic surgeries and other things) it can be hard welcome that change, to have it be as believable again or something. Not to mention some actors have died since then... will they be recast or simply written out of the story?....

i don't really know what they have planned to be sure, i guess i just don't entirely know how to feel about this right now. We shall see what happens.

bgalbraith
10-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Was just thinking the other day I should really try to watch season 2 and the film. And Lynch's other work for that matter. Exciting!

Ripe(withdecay)
10-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I am very excited about this news. I recently watched Twin Peaks over the course of 3 days during the summer. It's my favorite show because I got deeply attached to the characters and plotline. David Lynch is pure genius and I have great optimism that the new episodes will be fantastic for us fans and people alike.

Space Suicide
10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Hope this news doesn't make my Complete Collection Box Set mean absolutely nothing when they inevitably rerelease it with this new 2016 ShowTime season.

thelastdisciple
10-06-2014, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzyOs2bh3PU

Somehow i bet Cooper's Bob inhabited doppelganger has been having just as good of a time as evident in the way Leland was depicted.

thevoid99
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Please, let this be fucking good.

Yoshata
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I watched Twin Peaks in its entirety last year over the fall for the very first time, sans the film. I fell pretty hard for it, to the point that I was on the verge of tears at the very last cliffhanger. That complete lack of closure was hard to take.

I am THRILLED that they are making a continuation. It will be fascinating to see how the town will appear in today's world, and how the characters have changed (the passage of time, to me, justifies the aging of the actors/actresses). I simply can't wait.

thelastdisciple
10-06-2014, 09:55 PM
(the passage of time, to me, justifies the aging of the actors/actresses).
In reality yeah but in the world of Twin Peaks i dunno..... especially since the Waiting Room/Black Lodge has such a timeless existence.. it would just be hard to reflect that now i think.

Wretchedest
10-06-2014, 11:41 PM
The only reason I'm not super upset by this is that Lynch is on EVERY episode, otherwise I'd be furious.

Sebek
10-07-2014, 12:26 AM
I almost shit myself when I read about this. For years and years Lynch kept saying the Twin Peaks was dead, he'd never come back to it and that was that. It made any talk of reviving it wishful thinking, or at worst a money grab that may not involve Lynch. But reading that Lynch and Frost have remained good friends, that they're both writing all the episodes, that Lynch is directing the entire thing -- that gives us definite hope. Yeah, some of the returning cast might look weird having aged 25 years... but really, I'd say as long as Kyle McLachlan can still pull off Agent Cooper that's all that matters. I hope they can do a sensible mix of returning and new people.

This is going to be agony, it's still a year and a half away and I'm already debating with myself whether in the future I want to read every casting rumor, set news, etc, or if I want to dive back in blind.

eversonpoe
10-07-2014, 12:33 AM
I'd say as long as Kyle McLachlan can still pull off Agent Cooper that's all that matters.

if his performance on a recent episode of Agents Of SHIELD is any indication, i think he's definitely still got the wherewithal and acting chops to pull it off, and i'm really excited.

Aywok
10-07-2014, 01:06 AM
if his performance on a recent episode of Agents Of SHIELD is any indication, i think he's definitely still got the wherewithal and acting chops to pull it off, and i'm really excited.

Not to mention he's been enthusiastic (and up-front) about wanting to do more Twin Peaks since the show was canceled. I have no doubt that he will give it his all, whatever the circumstances.

Frozen Beach
10-07-2014, 01:56 AM
I hope there are some new, sinister lodge spirits that come into play.

perceptionnexus
10-07-2014, 02:21 AM
Im jacked as hell for this, especially reading that it for sure will be a continuation and not a reboot. It's going to be really interesting to speculate what the cinematography will look like, all the actors that will be involved, the plots, shit, even wardrobe and set design. Watching the old episodes now, it all very much carries the early-90s vibe, and I'm really excited to see how that town has changed in 25 years. Or maybe how it hasn't changed? I can still see James rocking the James Dean vibe while pushing 50. :)

Badalamenti HAS to do the score, unless they just decide to use all the old music, which would be okay too. OR.....Badalamenti collaborating with Trent and Atticus!

perceptionnexus
10-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Also, just a random thought, has anything like this ever been done before? A continuation/reboot (not a remake) of a show after this many years?

Having it on Showtime is a bonus, also. Lynch can pretty much do what he wants content wise and not worry about toning anything down as far as language, violence or nudity are concerned.

Sebek
10-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Also, just a random thought, has anything like this ever been done before? A continuation/reboot (not a remake) of a show after this many years?

I don't know if there are other examples but what comes to mind right away is the Dallas revival. TNT brought it back not too long ago with a mix of old original Dallas cast along with a new generation of characters... it lasted 3 seasons before just recently being cancelled. I never watched either version of the show so I couldn't say how that transition went.

Vertigo
10-07-2014, 03:25 AM
It went pretty well, generally well-received, but I don't think it had any of the original Dallas's creative staff. Viewership started strong and dropped substantially every year, but the cancellation was still surprising, because it wasn't doing badly even by season 3.

It's possible that a Twin Peaks revival might go a similar way - initially drawing in lots of people who just want to see what the hype's about, then losing interest over time if they find it's not for them.

Frozen Beach
10-11-2014, 07:06 PM
http://www.avclub.com/article/twin-peaks-michael-horse-says-sheriff-truman-will--210382 (http://www.avclub.com/article/twin-peaks-michael-horse-says-sheriff-truman-will--210382)

My body is ready

Space Suicide
11-09-2014, 11:25 PM
I finally just now got settled down to watch the blu-ray set; since the time I've had it (day before release: July 28th) Sons of Anarchy, True Blood and American Horror Story took priority. :p

I only watched the pilot though tonight and I must say the quality is superb. I really enjoyed it seeing as the only time I've ever seen the pilot was a lousy file online that I got from a torrent. It was marvelous to watch it on my 55" plasma HDTV.

Side note: Does anyone here know where to obtain a cheap but working blu-ray copy of Lost Highway for the United States/Region A? I've only ever found copies for Japan and Australia and neither would work here as far as I know since the discs aren't region free.

Piko
11-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Amazon will probably be your best bet. That's if there's a blu ray (not sure). That's the only way (aside from ebay) for me to get anything Lynch. Might buy the set in the next month or so. Price dropped to 90, last I checked. 90 is little more affordable for me.

eversonpoe
11-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Side note: Does anyone here know where to obtain a cheap but working blu-ray copy of Lost Highway for the United States/Region A? I've only ever found copies for Japan and Australia and neither would work here as far as I know since the discs aren't region free.

as far as i know, lost highway hasn't been released on region 1/a blu-ray as of yet. but chances are it will be soon. the DVD is actually pretty good quality (and was a miracle because it took FOREVER for it to get released). keep an eye on http://www.screenarchives.com/ that's where my wife got the new blu-ray of wild at heart, so it seems likely they might eventually release lost highway.

Space Suicide
11-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I just find the US lacking certain film releases and special editions to be a joke. Getting any of these movies is a hassle and since most aren't region free, they aren't even worth getting to begin with. I've tossed DVD aside, otherwise I'd buy it that way.

Frozen Beach
11-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Some bluray players are capable of having their region lock removed. Check on the web to see if for your player it's possible.

Piko
11-10-2014, 05:55 PM
It's possible that some could be region free blu rays. A while back I ordered a set of the first three seasons of game of thrones. It ended up being a uk version. No problems with it. Then again, it's on my ps4 (not region locked).

imail724
11-14-2014, 08:00 AM
I just started watching this show, and am loving it so far, but one thing is driving me nuts: where have I heard that theme song before? I definitely have never watched the show before but I'm positive I've heard the song. Was it ever used in other movies/tv shows? Or possibly sampled in some other artist's song?

henryeatscereal
11-14-2014, 09:00 AM
The song is called "falling" by Julee Cruise, the song was written by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti, the version that opens the series is the instrumental one but the original has lyrics sang by Cruise, it became a radio hit after the series success, maybe that's were you heard it...

Alexandros
11-14-2014, 09:05 AM
where have I heard that theme song before?

I think it may have been sampled in some commercials of the 90s.

neorev
11-14-2014, 12:38 PM
I just started watching this show, and am loving it so far, but one thing is driving me nuts: where have I heard that theme song before? I definitely have never watched the show before but I'm positive I've heard the song. Was it ever used in other movies/tv shows? Or possibly sampled in some other artist's song?

I think it may have been sampled in some commercials of the 90s.

Perhaps Moby's track "Go," which sampled Twin Peaks music.

PQHooligan
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Perhaps Moby's track "Go," which sampled Twin Peaks music.

He sampled Laura Palmer's Theme :)

Also Tones On Tail's song "Go!"

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/1121/Moby-Go-Angelo-Badalamenti-Laura-Palmer%27s-Theme/

imail724
11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Hmm.. maybe it was a commercial, but I'm not sure.

neorev
11-14-2014, 09:28 PM
He sampled Laura Palmer's Theme :)

Also Tones On Tail's song "Go!"

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/1121/Moby-Go-Angelo-Badalamenti-Laura-Palmer%27s-Theme/

Ah my bad.

Piko
11-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Finally caved and bought the set. Very nice. The remastering is pretty nice so far. Watching the pilot now.

october_midnight
11-26-2014, 04:30 PM
In this song too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZqJsX2Ub1o

Piko
11-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Just finished my rewatch of the series. Man, the second season really fell off. Some great monents. Lots of filler though. Lacks the magic the first season had. Hopefully the new season does it right.

fillow
12-01-2014, 03:14 AM
I thought Windom Earle was a great addition to the second season and definitely a step in a right direction. Hoping to see him again in '16.

Piko
12-01-2014, 08:47 AM
When Windom was introduced, the season was starting to get back on track. After they revealed the killer, it just went all over the place. The Jean Renault stuff just felt like filler. The stuff between. Andy and Dick. It may have benefited to have a shorter season. That first half was great. Fell off in the middle. And picked up towards the end. Felt like something was missing throughout the season. It was like everyone gave up.

henryeatscereal
12-01-2014, 09:26 AM
I like Windom Earle too, i also like the Leo Johnson "resurrection" (even though it makes no sense, lol).

marodi
01-12-2015, 05:05 PM
NOW THAT'S THE BEST DAMN CUP OF COFFEE IN HISTORY (http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/12/kyle-maclachlan-twin-peaks/)

Allcaps doesn't even begin to describe what this news did to me.

Piko
01-12-2015, 05:16 PM
There was no way the show could've continued without him. Great news!

Bachy
01-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Finally checked this series out on Netflix.

That finale was one of the most fucked up things I ever watched. Loved it.

thelastdisciple
03-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Apparently there have been issues getting contracts sorted for Twin Peaks.

Thing seem to be looking a bit hazy.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-twin-peaks-complications/

Piko
03-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Egh... Wonder who's holding it up.

henryeatscereal
03-15-2015, 09:41 PM
I hope this is just a sick joke...

neorev
03-15-2015, 10:12 PM
If you read it closely...
I think it more sounds like it might not be coming in 2016 rather than not at all.
Like these contract details are delaying them getting it started in time for a 2016 release.
Especially when you read Lynch's statement later, it sounds like he's pretty sure it will eventually happen.
Starts off with these "Oh no! Please don't be" assumptions, then you read later quotes that contradict the whole article.
Just sounds like another one of those articles trying to exaggerate something just to get the reader to click the link to me.

thelastdisciple
03-15-2015, 11:14 PM
They should've had all these damn things worked out before the announcement though, I guess I'll just never understand the politics of this stuff. I get wanting to build hype and all that on the marketing tip, i get that it takes some time to finalize this stuff and that's fine... take the time behind the scenes and announce it later.. this is what I've always hated about how media of any type gets announced and granted there can be filming setbacks once they get to it... people get sick, injured and stuff like that (or in rare cases straight up die) afterward but that'd be more forgivable than stupid contract disputes ffs...work that shit out before making the commitment with the fans.

october_midnight
04-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Word is that Showtime has full on cancelled the next season entirely.

Piko
04-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Hope that's just a rumor. Would look awfully foolish to announce nine episodes and then back out on it.

october_midnight
04-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Official word is now that the show MAY still be a go, but David himself is gone. From the official Facebook:

We just received the this message from David Lynch's office:
Dear Facebook Friends, David wanted me to pass along the following statement:
Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks.
After one year and four months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.
This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing.
Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.
I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

Frozen Beach
04-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Twin Peaks without David Lynch would be awful. No thank you showtime.

fillow
04-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Motherfucker.

Piko
04-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Kind of defeats the purpose. Maybe someone else can pull it off, if done right. But it should really be Lynch. Especially considering they announced he would be leading the nine episodes and directing.

Frozen Beach
04-05-2015, 06:18 PM
I can't blame David for pulling out. He's had to compromise his visions lots of times in his career, and it gets to a point where it becomes ridiculous, especially when it towards a reboot of an incredibly beloved show, which got screwed before because of compromises.

Piko
04-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Maybe this will catch enough backlash for showtime to give him what he wants. Problem is, if they've announced the return, you would think he had agreed to a sum. Maybe he held them up for more money?

Frozen Beach
04-05-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm sure if Kyle MacLachlan backs down, then showtime will give David whatever he wants. I don't think Kyle will want to do Twin Peaks without David, and showtime would be stupid to do it without both Kyle and David.

Piko
04-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Can't imagine the show being able to continue without Kyle.

Jinsai
04-05-2015, 07:42 PM
I think it's a little early to guess at what the intent is over at Showtime. If they think they can get away with making Twin Peaks without Lynch on board, they're insane.

Really though, if they can't raise enough money, just go to Kickstarter. It sounds lame, but they'll raise all the money they need in minutes.

Frozen Beach
04-05-2015, 07:52 PM
http://deadline.com/2015/04/david-lynch-twin-peaks-directing-showtime-1201404765/

Showtimes statement:
“We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. SHOWTIME also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.”

marodi
04-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I think it's a little early to guess at what the intent is over at Showtime. If they think they can get away with making Twin Peaks without Lynch on board, they're insane.

Really though, if they can't raise enough money, just go to Kickstarter. It sounds lame, but they'll raise all the money they need in minutes.

Indeed.

I really hope the actors and the fans will side with Lynch on this.

Piko
04-05-2015, 09:19 PM
If Sheryl Lee is involved, i'm sure she would side with Lynch in a heartbeat. Kyle is 50/50 that he would side with Lynch or not. He's been going on for years now on how much he's been wanting to work with Lynch again. So lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Wretchedest
04-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Without David Lynch this whole season will find a way to revolve around Donna and James.

Piko
04-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Or the continuation of finding out who the father of Lucy's child is.

thevoid99
04-05-2015, 09:38 PM
No David Lynch... sorry but... I'm outie.

imail724
04-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Without David Lynch this whole season will find a way to revolve around Donna and James.

Or the continuation of finding out who the father of Lucy's child is.
Ugh, these two plotlines tried so hard to get me to stop watching midway through season 2.

fillow
04-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Funny how memory works.
The only things I remembered from Season 2 was Windom Earle story (obviously) and Benjamin's memory loss/civil war arc.
Lucy's child? Wut?

Piko
04-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Ugh, these two plotlines tried so hard to get me to stop watching midway through season 2.

Season two had a lot of great things going for it. But it definitely had it's fair share of bad things as well. It was almost like they ran out of ideas after revealing the killer (something Lynch was against ever doing). Anything with James in the second season was awful, imo.

I think the show could've survived if Lynch sticked around. His film career comes first though. But if he had been more hands on during the second season, it might not have been all over the place like it was.

Piko
04-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Funny how memory works.
The only things I remembered from Season 2 was Windom Earle story (obviously) and Benjamin's memory loss/civil war arc.
Lucy's child? Wut?

James becoming a drifter and becoming a suspect in a murder plot. The Jean Renault stuff, and everything around it.

fillow
04-06-2015, 09:09 AM
I mean, I remembered now, when it was mentioned specifically. But if anyone would ask me to retell Season 2 plot without using wikipedia, well...

marodi
04-06-2015, 01:11 PM
If Sheryl Lee is involved, i'm sure she would side with Lynch in a heartbeat. Kyle is 50/50 that he would side with Lynch or not. He's been going on for years now on how much he's been wanting to work with Lynch again. So lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Kyle MacLachlan pretty much owe his career to David Lynch. Dune, Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks are where he began in the industry. Even if Dune failed, it was noticed. I really don't see him going against Lynch.

David Lynch, Mark Frost and Kyle MacLachlan are the (un)Holy Trinity of Twin Peaks. Without any one of them, there is no show as far as I'm concerned.

Showtimes are sitting on a potential goldmine. They should get on their knees and beg Lynch to come back even if it means giving him a gazillion of money and carte blanche to do what he wants.

Camille
04-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Really hope that Lynch and Showtime can come to some agreement, it'll be a big turn off for me if Lynch is out. The non lynch episodes before were utter shite.

Frozen Beach
04-08-2015, 12:55 AM
http://www.whosay.com/status/madchenamick/1089160#comments

Sebek
04-08-2015, 02:42 AM
This turn of events is more depressing than visiting the Dead Souls thread. This better be turned around. Thank god for Madchen, though, sweet jesus.

Nyx
04-08-2015, 03:06 PM
The TP cast has a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/savetwinpeaks?fref=nf

thevoid99
04-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like no mayo on a turkey sandwich.
Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like not having sex when there's no orgasm or ejaculation

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5f/c4/60/5fc46093479d02f9e319ced96de603c4.jpg

Piko
04-08-2015, 09:23 PM
It's like a tree without being a tree.

henryeatscereal
04-09-2015, 11:05 AM
^That reminded me of this:

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/0/5676/124227/ALBERO_twin_peaks_700.jpg

icklekitty
04-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Twin Peaks without David Lynch would be awful. No thank you showtime.

Twin Peaks without David Lynch WAS awful. Most of Season Two.

henryeatscereal
04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Was that drawn by the same guy who drew the Amy + Jordan comics?
Nope, this is by a different artist called Ana Albero, she has interesting (http://www.ana-albero.com/books-comics) (non Twin Peaks related...) stuff..

Frozen Beach
04-14-2015, 02:59 AM
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s260/twin-peaks/news/a641560/twin-peaks-lynch-is-negotiating-or-has-cold-feet-says-showtime-boss.html#~p9ONP5Xw1tsHi9 (http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s260/twin-peaks/news/a641560/twin-peaks-lynch-is-negotiating-or-has-cold-feet-says-showtime-boss.html#~p9ONP5Xw1tsHi9)

Piko
04-14-2015, 02:21 PM
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s260/twin-peaks/news/a641560/twin-peaks-lynch-is-negotiating-or-has-cold-feet-says-showtime-boss.html#~p9ONP5Xw1tsHi9 (http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s260/twin-peaks/news/a641560/twin-peaks-lynch-is-negotiating-or-has-cold-feet-says-showtime-boss.html#~p9ONP5Xw1tsHi9)

I'd say that too if I were to take the heat off. Who knows what's going on. Personally, I'd try meeting him halfway. But I'm guessing they're trying to lowball him into taking a shitty deal.

slave2thewage
04-14-2015, 06:08 PM
I really need that comic strip on a shirt.

Frozen Beach
05-15-2015, 07:15 PM
https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/599364142764404736
IT'S HAPPENING!

marodi
05-15-2015, 07:32 PM
https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/599364142764404736
IT'S HAPPENING!

FUCK YES! #damngoodcoffee

edit: Lynch will direct the whole show and it will have more then the previously announced 9 episodes.

For those of you who are watching Agents of SHIELD, you know that Kyle MacLachlan is as great as ever.

Now excuse me while I cry of pure joy!

link:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/david-lynch-twin-peaks-showtime-796083?facebook_20150515

TheyCallMeDrug
05-15-2015, 07:36 PM
lynch trolled everyone

thevoid99
05-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Oh good. For a moment, I thought it wasn't going to happen.

elevenism
05-16-2015, 04:45 PM
we are like 5 episodes into season 2, and both really love it.
i'm also fucking thrilled that david lynch is back on board for the showtime episodes.

but i'm with imail724 . i've heard the theme song too...a LOT.
perhaps it's on a drum and bass track or something is what i was thinking.

ghostaustin
05-19-2015, 07:04 AM
For those of you who are watching Agents of SHIELD, you know that Kyle MacLachlan is as great as ever.

Kyle is my favorite part of Shield! I feel like I'm getting a bit of the Bob-influenced Cooper we never really got to see whenever he has a freak out scene.

I can't wait for new Twin Peaks! I have no real expectations because I'm not really sure what to expect. The tone of the show could go in any direction, and it's pretty much guaranteed to get silly and fucked up.

Shadaloo
05-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Oh thank god I can exhale now

elevenism
05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Angelo Badalamenti – Twin Peaks Theme [WhoSampled] (http://www.whosampled.com/Angelo-Badalamenti/Twin-Peaks-Theme/)

You could also be thinking of "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. Similar synth-use.

i feel you, but i know my berlin ;) my ex and i used to cover TMBA.

it's actually the minor key part in the show, not the part at the beginning, that is so familiar. you know, the eerie 4 note part that is repeated so much? and i'd be willing to bet that it was sampled in some old jungle track.
the theme at the beginning, IT reminds me more of Do the Locomotion than anything ;)

so, we just finished watching the last episode and JEEEEEESUS. it was definitely one of the more disturbing things i've ever seen in my life.

as far as there being bad episodes in season 2 like a lot of you say, i don't agree. i was utterly entranced and enjoyed every single episode and story arc, although some were better than others. all in all, i would rank them from good to fucking amazing.

i am so, SO excited about the showtime episodes now, and i see why you got that tat, @eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588)

also, that line in the lodge made me wonder if they had been thinking about making new episodes in 2016 for a long ass time.

Nyx
05-20-2015, 03:20 PM
elevenism, you're thinking of Go by Moby.

elevenism
05-20-2015, 10:16 PM
@elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475), you're thinking of Go by Moby.
i think you might be right.
same two chords and it sounds like the same synth.

eversonpoe
05-21-2015, 08:21 AM
as far as there being bad episodes in season 2 like a lot of you say, i don't agree. i was utterly entranced and enjoyed every single episode and story arc, although some were better than others. all in all, i would rank them from good to fucking amazing.

well, except James' season 2 arc. what a fucking waste.

elevenism
05-21-2015, 04:59 PM
@eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) , i'm watching the movie right now. taking a break. we don't want it to be over, damnit!!!!

btw, have you seen Missing Pieces? is it worth watching?

edit: well, i've seen everything but missing pieces now, and Twin Peaks automatically goes into my top 10 shows of all time...probably my top 5.

There's Dexter, SOA, Lost, The Sopranos, BTVS. This one is up there somewhere. I'm not sure exactly where, but good LORD.

One thing i loved about this show is that i NEVER knew what was going to happen from one scene to the next. Ever.

Furthermore, i was COMPLETELY taken by surprise by the genre the show became.

It's just incredible.

Frozen Beach
05-24-2015, 12:28 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but you might as well watch missing pieces. It's something Twin Peaks fans had been ailing for for YEARS. So, why not? Also, there's a fanedit out there that reincorporates them back into the movie, that I've heard was very well done. It's made by the same guy who did an extended version of Blue Velvet.

as for some fresh news:
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/24/twin-peaks-revival-will-have-18-episodes/
18 HOURS OF NEW TWIN PEAKS

Piko
05-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Missing Pieces is a must for fans. 18 episodes?! Cool. I just hope it's not too much. Wouldn't want it to drag.

Frozen Beach
05-25-2015, 12:46 AM
I wonder if David is gonna use any ideas he may have had planned for the sequels to Fire Walk With Me, or if he and Mark started completely from scratch.

imail724
05-31-2015, 06:32 PM
we are like 5 episodes into season 2, and both really love it.
i'm also fucking thrilled that david lynch is back on board for the showtime episodes.

but i'm with @imail724 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=207) . i've heard the theme song too...a LOT.
perhaps it's on a drum and bass track or something is what i was thinking.
I FINALLY figured out where I knew the theme song from, and I was right about it being sampled in a hip-hop song.
7L & Esoteric - Perfect Person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1lzhY6nMOY

elevenism
06-02-2015, 03:09 PM
I FINALLY figured out where I knew the theme song from, and I was right about it being sampled in a hip-hop song.
7L & Esoteric - Perfect Person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1lzhY6nMOY

yup and i and 150 percent certain that i've heard it in drum and bass/jungle tracks.
people just don't knoe. the corporate sample crushing machine doesnt catch EVERYTHING. :)

great find man.

elevenism
08-12-2015, 05:33 PM
http://deadline.com/2015/08/twin-peaks-production-start-premiere-date-showtime-1201497257/

David Lynch is definitely directing the first 9 episodes.
It's going to be shot as a MOVIE and then chopped up.
The production date is set :)

Bad ass, right?

Frozen Beach
09-10-2015, 11:27 AM
If you guys want to see some photos of the production currently happening
This person is currently on scene and taking photos
https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchve

october_midnight
09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
if you guys want to see some photos of the production currently happening
this person is currently on scene and taking photos
https://twitter.com/twinpeaksarchve

must not look. So hyped.

Piko
09-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Are they doing all 18 in one go? Or are they splitting it? I'm not complaining. But, that would have to be difficult on Lynch. Either way, I can't wait

Frozen Beach
09-11-2015, 07:03 AM
For those who are wondering, Twin Peaks archive has reported that they're 99% certain that David is shooting digital. I'm a bit disappointed, but if he's shooting the entire thing like a movie, I honestly don't blame him.

Also, I wonder if we're gonna get some behind the scenes/making of documentary whenever this thing is eventually released on blu-ray.

thevoid99
09-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Amanda Seyfried has joined the cast:
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/what-the-hell-is-amanda-seyfried-doing-in-twin-peaks

Now this is weird although Seyfried is actually a good actress as I was impressed by her performance in While We're Young.

Piko
09-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Cool news. Curious as to what she's going to do though.

elevenism
09-18-2015, 11:20 PM
i cant wait

Frozen Beach
09-18-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm willing to bet she ends up being the new victim.

Frozen Beach
09-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Word on the net is that Catherine Coulson has passed away, but I can't find any source confirming it. All I can find are people saying their condolences. I've also read that Jennifer Lynch has confirmed it, but I honestly haven't seen her confirming it anywhere on the net. All I've found is that her wikipedia has been edited.

thevoid99
09-28-2015, 07:13 PM
It's true.... NO!!!! Log lady! No!!!!!

Piko
09-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Really? I haven't found anything that really confirms it. If so, bummer. Was really hoping to see the log lady in the revival.

Frozen Beach
09-28-2015, 07:16 PM
All I've found is a post on Reddit claiming to be someone close to her
and a statement from Jennifer Lynch, which seems to be less of a confirmation and more of her finding out from the person who asked her.
Also, the edit on wikipedia has been removed.

Frozen Beach
09-28-2015, 07:22 PM
nevermind, it's been confirmed
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/catherine-coulson-log-lady-twin-peaks-dies-dead-1201604367/

marodi
09-28-2015, 08:31 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!

I was so looking forward to the return of Log Lady.

RIP Catherine. Thank you for such an original and unforgettable character.

thelastdisciple
09-28-2015, 08:32 PM
God damn it.

How many more before this fucking show is finally here?

henryeatscereal
09-28-2015, 10:38 PM
:(

RIP Catherine

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-FU464_loglad_DV_20141201095844.jpg

october_midnight
10-05-2015, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XrkLIw6DdU

muad'nin
11-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Somewhat old news now, but not mentioned in this thread, I noticed -

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/michael-ontkean-not-new-twin-peaks/