View Full Version : 2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Pages : [1] 2

ltrandazzo
05-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Presale info - https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Lineup begins 8am 5/19.

izo
05-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Lineup begins at 8am, but any thoughts on how early we should get there to pre-lineup?

cdm
05-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Wednesday.

Ash512
05-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Hey so... I obviously can't make it to NYC just to get in line, but would anybody be willing to grab two tickets for me for the 13th?
By pure luck, I'm actually already going to NYC that weekend to see the Mew concert on the 14th, so might as well make it a double date?
Please PM if you can help... thanks!

izo
05-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Edit Edit: prices are posted again, $75-$250 for tickets

Ticketmaster link: https://getmein.io/ZPF9fpFzOM

FULLMETAL
05-10-2018, 01:04 PM
RCMH is a 6,000 seat venue & it's unclear if the PIT will be reserved or general admission.
https://i.imgur.com/kU0eOSVl.png

bobbie solo
05-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Anyone else see anything about Radio City ticket prices? Show isn't even on their website yet, and no price info on the TM or Radio City FB pages. I assume the prices you saw quickly izo are going to be accurate unfortunately based on the Boston dates being the same. Brutal.

izo
05-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Anyone else see anything about Radio City ticket prices? Show isn't even on their website yet, and no price info on the TM or Radio City FB pages. I assume the prices you saw quickly @izo (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5821) are going to be accurate unfortunately based on the Boston dates being the same. Brutal.

I'm hoping the $250 price is because "All seats (including the best seats) will be available first come, first serve" (quoted from https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin) Maybe the $250 will be for the fancy box suites/seats (aka "best seats") at Radio City?

edit: formatting

cdm
05-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Extra brutal considering you have to drag your ass to the venue to get the tickets. But no fees, right?

xmpx_
05-10-2018, 01:39 PM
OMG THE PRESALE WRITE UP IS THE GREATEST THING WRITTEN ALL YEAR.
I'll see you guys and girls there at 8am, but I dont think I will wear black*
*probably not entirely true

hippygeek
05-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Nice birthday present for me :D

sick among the pure
05-10-2018, 02:03 PM
If anyone is able to secure a GA ticket for either night (or, hell, both), I will gladly pay and buy you a slice or something. I really REALLY want to see this show, but I can't get to NYC ( nearly 6 hour drive, as far away as possible while still being technically the same state) in a week's notice (plus I have 2 gigs I have to shoot that day back home) to secure a GA ticket myself.
I would imagine, according to the map, that if these shows are set up for GA, there won't be enough tickets to last for the online sale.

kevinbeetle
05-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Nice birthday present for me :D
Me too. I'm on the 11th and Comic Con was the early present for me.

imail724
05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
But no fees, right?
If you don't count gas/train tickets/bus fare/airfare as fees.

cdm
05-10-2018, 02:20 PM
If you don't count gas/train tickets/bus fare/airfare as fees.

Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)

imail724
05-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)
Well you wouldn't be paying any of those if you were sitting at home, buying tickets online. So it's one or the other, unless of course you live nearby, which I do not. I'm salty about this whole thing.

cdm
05-10-2018, 02:31 PM
The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.

Jetvet1975
05-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Add me to the list of people who needs someone to buy them a ticket. If anyone is willing and will be buying tickets, please PM me. Thanks!

sick among the pure
05-10-2018, 02:41 PM
The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.

Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.

roolfdriht
05-10-2018, 03:14 PM
RCMH is a 6,000 seat venue & it's unclear if the PIT will be reserved or general admission.
https://i.imgur.com/kU0eOSVl.png

The "pit" is literally the orchestra pit, and as such is tiny. Given the nature of the venue, I'd bet there will be seats in there, not standing room only. I suppose there's a first time for everything though.

cdm
05-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.

Which is why I said *my* costs. Of course, YMMV. The root of this is I hope they don't tack on extra fees. Yes, sitting on my ass at home at 10 on a Saturday would be a great way to buy the tickets but...

versusreality
05-10-2018, 08:14 PM
can't wait! what an atmosphere to see a concert! I'm probably only going to be able to afford upper level tickets, but hey, it's about being there. I'm most likely doing the first show...but will figure out a way to go to the 2nd show too.

gorny540
05-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Would it really have been that hard to get tix online to these shows? Radio City is 6,000 capacity, so that's 12K tickets that would've been up for grabs. I definitely think anyone online right when they went on sale would've made out with something. This method would've been more desirable if they were playing somewhere with a 2k capacity.

Either way I'll probably still end up in line sometime around 8am. I don't think this system really rules out all the scalpers, what it does though is it gets rid of the casual fans (which is completely fine by me).

Sarah K
05-11-2018, 01:28 AM
If anyone is able to secure a GA ticket for either night (or, hell, both), I will gladly pay and buy you a slice or something. I really REALLY want to see this show, but I can't get to NYC ( nearly 6 hour drive, as far away as possible while still being technically the same state) in a week's notice (plus I have 2 gigs I have to shoot that day back home) to secure a GA ticket myself.
I would imagine, according to the map, that if these shows are set up for GA, there won't be enough tickets to last for the online sale.

Hi.

Initially I was holding all of my spares to swap. But after seeing prices, I am only hitting up NYC and Chicago. This means I have the chance to buy up to three spares for each night. On Sunday, all tickets are accounted for. But I still have room to purchase one more for the Saturday night show. Only stipulation is that I want the $ sent to me by like, Wednesday, to be sure it transfers to my account in time. With how expensive these are, I don't want to take the chance of eating spares like I have in the past.

Let me know if you are interested.

Note that there are no GA tickets, though.

nycmale
05-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Ill be stuck at work during the onsale. Would love a pair for either night, anywhere in the building. Will help with the cost of your ticket as a token of my appreciation if anyone can help. Will also send at least half the money in advance by paypal than pay you the balance as soon as the tickets are acquired either in person later that day or through the mails. Please pm me if anyone can help! Thanks!!

Jordanb
05-12-2018, 07:54 AM
One week countdown is on. Won't be able to make the 10 hour drive from Canada for the pre-sale so reaching out to the NIN community for help. Looking for 2 tickets to the Oct 13th show and 1 for the 14th if possible. Please PM me if you can buy a few spares and I can offer some extra $$ as an incentive for the trouble. Thanks in advance!

Pbgut
05-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Does anybody have enough experience with older school pre-sales to know how much earlier we should show up before the official lineup time? I know someone said Wednesday but that must be a joke. Camping out the night before? Or showing up at like 6 AM on Saturday? And also, how will that work? Is there gonna be a pre-lineup line? Or are there just going to be throngs of black-clad NIN fans charging for the box office, like some kind of We're In This Together video set in midtown Manhattan?

versusreality
05-13-2018, 04:22 PM
less than a week away...calling for thunderstorms...we're supposed to have a really crappy week weather wise. rain for the next 10 days basically, and it's been raining the last 2.

anyway, checking the weather multiple times a day for saturday!

Failure
05-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Shit, I am not going to be able to make it to Radio City on Saturday. Will pay premium for good seats (either night). PM me once the dust settles.

Deacon Blackfire
05-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Nervous as hell about this "event" but I'm determined to see these shows so I'll be trekking out for it. There's going to be a lot of people going for these tickets. How many people is the question. Since RCMH has a capacity just about 6,000 people, it would take 1500 people coming and buying four tickets to each show for these to completely sell out. I can't decide whether that means I'm going to get tickets or get screwed.

Sarah K
05-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Looks like storms or at least rain all day. So hopefully that works to our advantage and most people stay home.

deepdeep
05-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Are any of you planning on camping out? Do you think that Radio City will allow that or stick to the strict 8am lineup? I'm planning on getting there around 6am to see if there are other people there and hover around until there is a line...I'm excited, but am also worried about the prices. It seems the tickets in the $200 price range are not VIP, but just closest to the stage...

izo
05-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Are any of you planning on camping out? Do you think that Radio City will allow that or stick to the strict 8am lineup? I'm planning on getting there around 6am to see if there are other people there and hover around until there is a line...I'm excited, but am also worried about the prices. It seems the tickets in the $200 price range are not VIP, but just closest to the stage...

Re: Camping out
No idea how they will handle this but committed fans + bad weather + presumably underpaid Radio City employees working a Saturday morning shift = Recipe for a rough time

Re: $200 seats near the stage
Is there a seating chart with price breakdown available online somewhere? I'm hoping the super pricey seats are the box suites and not the upfront seats...although with it being both NIN and The Jesus and Mary Chain at a venue like Radio City I can see the front rows warranting a $200+ price.

Re: Rain
I'll be packing a few of these and will hand them out:
https://smile.amazon.com/Rain-Poncho-Disposable-Emergency-Drawstring/dp/B06XSCGT2F/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1526399377&sr=1-4&keywords=poncho

Patrick_Nicholas
05-15-2018, 11:01 AM
The more I see people complain about the in-person-only thing, the more I feel confident about taking my chances, being apparently one of the few NIN fans actually living within one of the cities NIN is playing in (or at least one of the five boroughs of it). All I need to do is force myself to get up super early. I live in proximity to transportation that will get me close enough (since the subway trains that serve Radio City directly are going to be rerouted for weekend maintenance), and I just barely have enough cash at the moment for one ticket (assuming there are fees even for a "regular" ticket [between the $75 and $250], and that the cheapest tickets are for the worst seats). I can't camp out because I have my college commitments, but if you see an idiot with a red coat, longish unkempt hair, and sunglasses, it's probably me.

deepdeep
05-15-2018, 11:38 AM
I took a peak at other venue threads discussing ticket prices. Someone called the Wang Theatre in Boston (also seated) and were told the $250 tickets were for the first 2 rows, the following rows were $225, and so on and so forth. I am assuming this is the norm, and we should expect a similar breakdown. I'll cross my fingers that the $250 tickets are special seating, but I am not expecting that.

Either way I'm excited! I'll probably be in sweatpants or pjs, as I plan to just roll out of bed and make my way there as early as possible with a giant mug of coffee.

izo
05-15-2018, 12:22 PM
I took a peak at other venue threads discussing ticket prices. Someone called the Wang Theatre in Boston (also seated) and were told the $250 tickets were for the first 2 rows, the following rows were $225, and so on and so forth. I am assuming this is the norm, and we should expect a similar breakdown. I'll cross my fingers that the $250 tickets are special seating, but I am not expecting that.

Either way I'm excited! I'll probably be in sweatpants or pjs, as I plan to just roll out of bed and make my way there as early as possible with a giant mug of coffee.

This is great info. I emailed Ticketmaster re: seat/section prices. I will follow up and post the information if they respond.

I tried calling both Radio City and Ticketmaster but was swallowed into phone tree navigation nightmares.

Update: Spoke with Ticketmaster customer service regarding which seats costs what $ and they pretty much said: " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Check back on May 19th"

hardline
05-15-2018, 03:07 PM
My husband walked over to Radio City and talked to the people who work there. They said that when the Jonas brothers were coming to town a bunch of people tried to line up for tickets and they were continually shooed away by security. He also tried to get info on prices and didn't get very far - it was basically what we already knew. The dude in the booth did mention that it seemed as if a bulk of tickets were being held back, presumably to be sold through Ticketbastard. Buying them online would be a lot drier. It really sounds as if it's going to piss down rain all day.

izo
05-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Big thanks to your husband for checking in person!

dryan695
05-15-2018, 06:00 PM
I called radio city a few days ago and spoke to a nice dude who told me that it is all seated and the 250 tickets would be like front row,etc.

I live in Pittsburgh so will be driving a nice 6.5 hours Friday evening to get in line with a friend lol. I guess I’m going to go around 8 but I really hope that there aren’t a million people camping out from the night before or anything crazy lol. Really hope this works out. Looks like I’ll be bringing an umbrella too

Patrick_Nicholas
05-15-2018, 07:24 PM
I called radio city a few days ago and spoke to a nice dude who told me that it is all seated and the 250 tickets would be like front row,etc.

I live in Pittsburgh so will be driving a nice 6.5 hours Friday evening to get in line with a friend lol. I guess I’m going to go around 8 but I really hope that there aren’t a million people camping out from the night before or anything crazy lol. Really hope this works out. Looks like I’ll be bringing an umbrella too

Nice to see someone willing to make a lengthy journey for tickets to see one of their favorite bands! 50th and 6th isn't exactly the most camper-friendly intersection. It's part of Rockefeller Center (the complex with NBC Studios), so you bet your ass that there will be cops all over the place. The best way to "camp" would likely be to wait for a Starbucks or McDonald's to open. A quick search on Google Maps indicates that the Starbucks in the underground concourse opens at 6 AM on Saturdays, and there's a 24-hour McDonald's on 6th Ave about three blocks away.

Ghost
05-16-2018, 08:47 AM
Lack of Canadian dates has put me in the market for a ticket to this show, if anyone ends up with an extra? I'm thinking about driving down on Friday because last-minute flight prices are outrageous, but it would take literally all day, not to mention getting shifts at work covered. Otherwise I guess I'm taking my chances with an online sale, but that's got me pretty nervous.

dryan695
05-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Nice to see someone willing to make a lengthy journey for tickets to see one of their favorite bands! 50th and 6th isn't exactly the most camper-friendly intersection. It's part of Rockefeller Center (the complex with NBC Studios), so you bet your ass that there will be cops all over the place. The best way to "camp" would likely be to wait for a Starbucks or McDonald's to open. A quick search on Google Maps indicates that the Starbucks in the underground concourse opens at 6 AM on Saturdays, and there's a 24-hour McDonald's on 6th Ave about three blocks away.

hey thanks for the info man appreciate it

dryan695
05-17-2018, 12:20 PM
No ones heard anything about the pop up record stores for this one huh? I saw reckless records had them for the other venues presales but not nyc

gorny540
05-17-2018, 05:20 PM
Someone on Reddit posted prices: $250 for front rows, $200 for orchestra, $150 for mezz, and $75 for upper/3rd mezz.

Yikes, usually I'd pay anything for NIN but it's tough to convince someone else in your life who isn't a diehard to pay those prices to go with you.

versusreality
05-17-2018, 05:46 PM
I'd be perfectly fine with upper mezz. Ironically, the only two times I've ever been to Radio City, I've literally been in the last row! Still had a blast.

Patrick_Nicholas
05-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Does "upper mezz" mean second mezz, or is it synonymous with third mezz? Because I've been aiming for first mezz, but would settle for second if it's cheaper. I will be okay if I'm close enough to the front/middle of either the first or second (preferably the first) to get a good enough view of the band.

gorny540
05-17-2018, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing the only $75 tix are 3rd mezz, atleast according to this reddit post (copied word for word below). I guess no one will know for sure til they get to the front of the box office line.

Pit area is $250, orchestra is $200
Back orchestra and mezzanine is $150
3rd mezzanine is $75
Source: Box office

kevinbeetle
05-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Looks like I'm going solo and taking the 5:12am train in from Jersey and getting to Penn Station at 6:45. Ten minute walk to Radio City. Got my poncho and Power Bars all ready to go. It's been decades since I stood in line to get tickets.

imail724
05-18-2018, 08:03 AM
This has probably been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the 4 ticket limit is per person or per show? Like can a person buying tickets only get 4 tickets in total, or could they get 4 for Sat and 4 for Sun?

TheBang
05-18-2018, 08:16 AM
This has probably been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the 4 ticket limit is per person or per show?
4 per person, per show.

dryan695
05-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Yeah what time does everyone plan on getting there? For the pre line line? Lol I’m leaving for nyc later today then staying at a friends fairly close by but not sure what time I should show up in the morning yet

NotinCnStopMeNow
05-18-2018, 08:17 AM
If anyone here is waiting in line saturday morning and can get me 2 tickets for either the sat or sun show I will greatly appreciate it and will pay you immediately for them. Please PM me. My wife has an issue for some reason with me traveling 8 hours away to buy tickets on her birthday.

imail724
05-18-2018, 08:19 AM
4 per person, per show.
wut

TheBang
05-18-2018, 08:21 AM
wut
I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to make it more clear. It's also spelled out directly on the ticketing website: https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Edit: I guess I'll try again. Each person in line can purchase up to 4 tickets for each of the dates. So one person could potentially buy a maximum of 8 tickets: 4 for the first date and 4 for the second date.

deepdeep
05-18-2018, 08:34 AM
I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'm still up in the air as to which tickets to buy without breaking the bank. Can we update this thread throughout the night/am to see where everyone is, how the line is looking or if everyone ends up congregating in the Starbucks until 8?

dryan695
05-18-2018, 08:47 AM
I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'm still up in the air as to which tickets to buy without breaking the bank. Can we update this thread throughout the night/am to see where everyone is, how the line is looking or if everyone ends up congregating in the Starbucks until 8?

Ill be at Starbucks beforehand for sure because I will need coffee haha

imail724
05-18-2018, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure how else I can phrase it to make it more clear. It's also spelled out directly on the ticketing website: https://www.msg.com/radio-city-music-hall/nin

Edit: I guess I'll try again. Each person in line can purchase up to 4 tickets for each of the dates. So one person could potentially buy a maximum of 8 tickets: 4 for the first date and 4 for the second date.
Much clearer. Thanks.

joplinpicasso
05-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Ain't no way I'm putting coffee in my body before I get these tickets! Unsure what to purchase, that is some expensive stuff IMO...

Either way, I'll see you there!

Jetvet1975
05-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Okay, I'm gonna say it: This physical pre-sale set-up blows. In theory it's a great idea, but in reality, it's really tough for a lot of people to get there. I mean, I know Trent wants something "different and special", but by doing that, he's preventing a large part of his fanbase from taking part. Although, if I didn't have prior commitments, I would most likely suck it up and drag my ass out there and wait in line for tickets. I'm actually running my first 5k tomorrow morning and then going to stand in the rain watching a soccer game in the afternoon, so no way I can get there anyway.

So, even though I'm pissed by this format, I still really want to attend one of the shows. So if anyone can help a brother out?...I'd like to get back orchestra or first mezzanine if someone who's waiting in line could possibly hook me up with tickets? I can pay immediately. Please PM me if you're able to help me out. Thanks!

R-Dot-Yung
05-18-2018, 11:07 AM
No line yet I can see. I work down the block. I plan on camping out

dryan695
05-18-2018, 11:11 AM
No line yet I can see. I work down the block. I plan on camping out

keep me updated on here whenever you get there if you don’t mind. Thanks! Also it looks like rain all morning tomorrow for everyone that isn’t aware.

R-Dot-Yung
05-18-2018, 11:20 AM
keep me updated on here whenever you get there if you don’t mind. Thanks! Also it looks like rain all morning tomorrow for everyone that isn’t aware.

Oh I'm aware! Going to be wearing my ski suit and look like a total ass. Gonna go real hobo tonight it's gonna be an adventure. I'm going for those 250 a pop tickets because I hate myself.

I'll update this thread as necessary on my adventure to let people know of a line is starting throughout the night.

kevinbeetle
05-18-2018, 11:25 AM
The capacity of RCMH is 6,015. Let's say they hold back 1,000 tickets. If everyone took advantage of the 4 ticket max, that leaves 1,250 people that can get tickets. I can't envision that many people lining up. Maybe 500. Especially at 8am. In the rain. I like math, so let's say the transaction time is 10 minutes. If you are the 1000th person on line, you will get your ticket in 2 hours 45 minutes (1000 x 10) / 360. That's with only one ticket booth. Hopefully things go smooth tomorrow and we all get tickets.

Pbgut
05-18-2018, 11:35 AM
I generally have the worst luck for tickets but I'm gonna try to be there tomorrow by 7:30 to scope it out. I'll try to wear a NIN shirt (might be my white one with the red spiral from the Dissonance tour) but I'm sure it'll be covered by a green raincoat! See y'all there.

joplinpicasso
05-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the quick analytical optimism, kevinbeetle!

I'll do my best to show up around 7:30!

dodge64
05-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Im gonna shoot for 8am. We could always use #PhysicalWorld or #PhysicalWorldNYC for updates etc. Good luck everyone.

gorny540
05-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Although it'll be less fun for those going, the rain tomorrow is a huge plus. It'll definitely limit some scrapers and fans that are on the fence.

versusreality
05-18-2018, 05:28 PM
I'm a bit concerned with lining up in the rain tomorrow. I graduate from grad school on Monday, and with my luck, standing out in the rain will get me sick.

with that said, I will probably still be on line, and hope to get there around 7:30 ish. I'll be checking the forum tonight and in the morning though for updates. I'm taking the Path and then one of the subway lines.

quietime
05-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Somebody on Reddit posted a pic of NIN merch at Radio City.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/8kgr2g/looks_like_the_new_merchandise_might_be_available/

Jordanb
05-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Sorry to pester again, but plans have changed. Looking for an excuse for a New York trip and a NIN show would do the trick. The Mrs. doesn't want to go to the concert anymore so just looking for 1 ticket to either show, best available if possible. Direct message me if someone can help out, and I will definitely pay back the funds over the weekend.

Regardless, good luck tomorrow folks.

versusreality
05-18-2018, 08:53 PM
as per reddit- there's about 30 people on line already. they are across the street from the venue because of the police.

Sarah K
05-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Someone on facebook posted pics and there are already like 30 people in line. So I'm heading out as soon as my phone charges.

versusreality
05-18-2018, 08:54 PM
also of note- seems that there's some suspicion that there's already scalpers on line.

Sarah K
05-18-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm #40 and there are approximately 20 people behind me. They have not made us move yet and so far everyone is being organized and civil.

Security is starting to creep around, but they haven't said anything yet.

dryan695
05-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Damn... lol just got to nyc after the ol six hour drive.. debating on sleeping a little and then waitin in line or just making my way toward the line now... such a tough decision

sinspots
05-18-2018, 11:29 PM
I could get seats in New Orleans, both nights. Willing to trade (2 tix) for same (2 tix) in NY. Can trade in person in Vegas, if you'll be there.

frankie teardrop
05-18-2018, 11:49 PM
also of note- seems that there's some suspicion that there's already scalpers on line.

oh, most definitely.

quietime
05-19-2018, 12:12 AM
There are about 80 people here now.

R-Dot-Yung
05-19-2018, 12:17 AM
There are about 80 people here now.

Can confirm. My number is 82.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 04:49 AM
line is already around the corner from the venue, estimated 250 on line as of 5:30 am. crap. I should probably leave my apartment soon.

Sarah K
05-19-2018, 04:58 AM
Security is trying to make us move now and stating that they won't honor our order. But everyone just stayed. So nothing has happened yet.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 05:00 AM
I'm in NJ- how's the weather in NYC Sarah? Cold and rainy? there's a slight drizzle where I am.

Sarah K
05-19-2018, 05:01 AM
Rainy and windy and cold. But not as bad as it was supposed to be.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 05:04 AM
thanks

Sarah K
05-19-2018, 05:28 AM
NYC Merchandise. Hopefully this works. https://imgur.com/gallery/n7aqXjV

versusreality
05-19-2018, 05:33 AM
very cool. think everyone (or while supplies last) is going to get a free "In the Physical World" shirt?

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 05:43 AM
600 ppl as of 6am. Ah! My ETA is 7:30--will I be assed out?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 05:48 AM
you should be good, the venue holds what, 6,000 people or so? even if they hold back 1,000 tickets for online, you're talking only 2,400 tickets sold if every person is getting 4 tickets.

I still haven't left. things are actually up in the air right now.

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 05:51 AM
Okay, thanks for the level head. Checking Reddit makes me depressed (too many negative emotive comments towards TR get upvoted), so I'll just update here and hope for the best.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 05:56 AM
no problem. I might not even be there by 8, if I can get there at all, yikes. ^agree with a lot of negativity at reddit.

Failure
05-19-2018, 06:20 AM
There’s already a couple tickets on StubHub. How is that possible?? Fuck...

R-Dot-Yung
05-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Truly insane amount of line jumpers and scalpers. Been here since midnight.

gorny540
05-19-2018, 06:29 AM
I won't be there til 9, just looking to get a ticket doesn't matter where it will be.

thefragile_jake
05-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Truly insane amount of line jumpers and scalpers. Been here since midnight.

I'm so sorry to hear that. This whole thing is a major cluster fuck. :(

versusreality
05-19-2018, 06:36 AM
got all dressed. stepped outside. it was pouring. went right back inside. major props to those who have been storming the weather. I'm kinda just playing it by ear today. if I make it, I make it. if not, I am hoping that I can pick up some of those "sold at a later time" tickets that the site mentioned...

Pbgut
05-19-2018, 06:46 AM
I'm in line. No idea how many people back; the line wraps around at least two corners. We'll see how this all goes!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180519/9e335a8a22da851ad88177c3a7bcfdce.jpg

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 06:53 AM
Been in line! Rocking my With Teeth photo shoot look. The line might make a full circle. The ouroboros is to teach us about true fanship.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 07:00 AM
I'm curious to see how quickly the line moves. does anyone know how many box office windows they have? this can take hours and hours...

Pbgut
05-19-2018, 07:04 AM
Right now I'm across from the Yankee Steakhouse, seems like I'm on 51st Street in a green raincoat and orange shirt with a dark blue umbrella.

gorny540
05-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Right now I'm across from the Yankee Steakhouse, seems like I'm on 51st Street in a green raincoat and orange shirt with a dark blue umbrella.

I'm starting to get a little worried about where the line will be at when I arrive in about 30 mins...

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Line's been moving though, strangely...

versusreality
05-19-2018, 07:27 AM
already? thought tickets went on sale at 10. crap.

Sarah K
05-19-2018, 07:29 AM
We are getting bracelets at the front of the line and condensing inside of the barricades.

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 07:30 AM
Ah, thanks!

Edit: 666 posts. Damn.

I'd put forth an ETS NYC brunch/lunch but I doubt ppl will have the stamina after the wait!

gorny540
05-19-2018, 07:33 AM
If anyone gets an extra Saturday ticket I'll be at Radio City with cash, just throwing out a plan b Hail Mary in case this thing sells out while I'm at the back of the line.

hippygeek
05-19-2018, 08:50 AM
We're about 700th in line. Easily over 1,000 in line now.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 09:33 AM
I'm on line too. I move 6 steps every 10 mins. Yes, I'm timing. It's miserable weather wise. I'm probably in the 1,000 area if I had to guess, and there's a lot of people behind with more coming.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 10:00 AM
An hour later... Have moved about a half block total

frankie teardrop
05-19-2018, 10:02 AM
as previously mentioned, a good chunk of the early lineup was scalpers. probably 70% to 30% fans. despite this, most everyone was respectful and bonded together through the chill and rain that set in around 3am and still hasn't let up. shifted sidewalks a few times, and at 6am, radio city security caused a major scene that almost disbanded the line, but we prevailed. wouldn't have lined up earlier but OTHER venue staff gave blessing, so 6am guy was clearly on a power trip.

anyway, got great pit seats for both nights. enjoyed two new songs on the listening station, and bought an exclusive shirt. not bad for 14 hours' work.

R-Dot-Yung
05-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Walked away with 4 pit seats for Saturday. I would say the 70% scalper to 30% fan is accurate.

I did not enjoy this experience, hopefully the show will be great.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Andddd just got told tickets are sold out

gorny540
05-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Anyone somewhat close to the box office? I'm toward the back and probably won't end up with a ticket. Would gladly pay for 1 ticket to either date

Ghost
05-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Andddd just got told tickets are sold outI've got a friend there who gave up her morning to stand in line for me and she just texted me the same thing. What the actual fuck.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 10:33 AM
I've got a friend there who gave up her morning to stand in line for me and she just texted me the same thing. What the actual fuck.
Same for me. Ugh. Had tix to Royal Albert Hall show but can’t go.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Stubhub selling only pit and orchestra. Is it possible other seats held back for online sale?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 10:41 AM
There is still a line.. I'm still on it..a lot of people got off but a ton are still on.. So much confusion

Ghost
05-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Stubhub selling only pit and orchestra. Is it possible other seats held back for online sale?
This is what I'm hoping, but if so the advertising was pretty misleading. It made it look like MOST of the tickets would go to this presale, and only a few leftovers and holdbacks would go online. Super glad I didn't spend all day yesterday driving down to NYC myself now.

The stub hub tickets for Radio City are anywhere between $850-$2,000. This bizarre presale only made them more valuable to scalpers. Experiment failed, I'd say.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Some rumour about an online sale at noon. Assuming that is false?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Just asked security... They said we're still good for tickets

Ghost
05-19-2018, 10:59 AM
What.

quietime
05-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Soaked to the bone but I got my tickets for both nights 6th and 8th row Orchestra. Listened to a new track more sax. Scalpers everywhere plus the line went around the block twice it didn't seem to end. Going to bed now then Misfits tonight in Newark. I'm getting too old for this shit.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Yes, still on line and it's been moving. Still around the corner though. Rain really coming down now

Ghost
05-19-2018, 11:07 AM
That makes me so angry. My friend has left, can you get an extra?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Just announced, still tickets

versusreality
05-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Sorry ghost, I'm at max

Ghost
05-19-2018, 11:12 AM
UGH, okay thanks. Good luck.

Well if anyone else can manage to get me one, I'd be very grateful. I have low hopes about the online sale.

gorny540
05-19-2018, 12:37 PM
I had to leave the line, had to get back to NJ in time for a family event. The spot I was in had no guarantee of getting tix in time. All in all an awful event. To no fault of anyone, these venues just aren't meant to operate massive box office sales at once. A live nation worker mentioned the possibility of another date,'but it won't be at RadioCity.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Still on line..

roolfdriht
05-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Much respect to anyone who managed to endure the line in these wretched conditions. Anyone manage to snag Pit tickets? Looking at StubHub, my eyes nearly started bleeding.

Pbgut
05-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Got Row H in Orchestra, both nights. Honestly it was kinda fun despite the miserable weather. Good luck to anyone still in line!

kevinbeetle
05-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Took the 515am train from Jersey and got in line at 6:45 across the street from the church. At 1:00, scored orchestra tickets to both shows. That was a long line. I never want to do that again.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Not sure if the 3pm cutoff thing is legit.. Half of a block to go. Definitely won't be there by 3.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 01:48 PM
My poor friend has been getting soaked and cold since 8 am but I don't think she's anywhere near the front of the line.

sick among the pure
05-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Not sure if the 3pm cutoff thing is legit.. Half of a block to go. Definitely won't be there by 3.
Thought the 3pm cutoff was “must be in line by 3pm”, not “tickets will be sold until 3pm”?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Thought the 3pm cutoff was “must be in line by 3pm”, not “tickets will be sold until 3pm”?
Seems so. There was some confusion by some on line. When people asked what we're in line for, I shouted "Yani!" . The line appreciated it.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Box office closes at 3.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Box office closes at 3.
You sure? We are still on line

Sarah K
05-19-2018, 02:14 PM
I was able to get row three on night one and row two on night two. And I had a great time, despite not being able to feel my fingers or toes yet. So, worth it.

joplinpicasso
05-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Seems so. There was some confusion by some on line. When people asked what we're in line for, I shouted "Yani!" . The line appreciated it.

Hey, I took my dear mother to see Yanni at Radio City, it was a blast.

Anyway, I was very annoyed at the whole situation (maybe it was primarily the weather but I think also because it's too busy of an area in the city to really congregate in larger numbers before or after). I snagged two mid mezz seats because they're affordable and I'll have fun.

Listened to the outro of one jazzy song and felt sated; put it down so I wouldn't spoil the record. Congrats and good luck, all.

gardenia_spectre
05-19-2018, 02:25 PM
You sure? We are still on line
No. That's what they said. But seems it is still open.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 02:42 PM
It's still open. Line still moving

gorny540
05-19-2018, 02:52 PM
It's still open. Line still moving

Following your posts and rooting for you to get tix, what time did you get there?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Following your posts and rooting for you to get tix, what time did you get there?

Thanks! I wanted to get here earlier, but got here at 9:30. Took the path from Newport and then the subway. Line still moving, I'm almost up to the Marquee, where they have heaters for us. I'd say there's about 75 people behind me and that's the end of the line.

Denim Chicken
05-19-2018, 03:19 PM
If you have extras for any shows please pm me. Let’s make a deal!!!!!!

Denim Chicken
05-19-2018, 03:26 PM
I’m an idiot

caca
05-19-2018, 03:34 PM

Did anybody say, “I didn’t know Laurel was on tour!”

versusreality
05-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Tickets obtained!

Pbgut
05-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Tickets obtained!

Yes!! Sorry you had to wait like an extra three hours more than I did but congrats!

gorny540
05-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Tickets obtained!

Well deserved, I guess I would've gotten them too if I stayed but I was in no way prepared for this to be an 8 hour event. Shoutout to RCMH/Livenation for letting you guys stay. They could've easily shut the thing down at 3pm.

Ghost
05-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks! I wanted to get here earlier, but got here at 9:30. Took the path from Newport and then the subway. Line still moving, I'm almost up to the Marquee, where they have heaters for us. I'd say there's about 75 people behind me and that's the end of the line.
Unnngh that's where my friend started at 8 this morning. I would totally have a ticket right now if they hadn't told her to leave. I am so mad.

Denim Chicken
05-19-2018, 05:17 PM
I’m dumb. Disregard I’m dumb. Trying to edit earlier posts. Ughhhhhh it’s been a awhile

gorny540
05-19-2018, 05:31 PM
With all due respect to your friend, no one forced people to leave. Some guy came out and said if you're in this part of the line (the back) you're likely not going to get tickets. This seemed true at the time, a couple people left and a bunch just stayed. Leaving early was just a judgement call.

Ruttiger
05-19-2018, 05:36 PM
Congrats to all that got tickets - well earned. I was online at 9:00am full lap and a quarter behind and had limited time with my parents watching the kids - had to bail at noon. First local show I’ll be missing in a loooong while.

“Back in the day” if you were on a physical line it would be an hour TOPS before all tix were gone but this was a first for me with a box office only setup. I’ll be better prepared next time.

Ghost
05-19-2018, 05:46 PM
With all due respect to your friend, no one forced people to leave. Some guy came out and said if you're in this part of the line (the back) you're likely not going to get tickets. This seemed true at the time, a couple people left and a bunch just stayed. Leaving early was just a judgement call.
They told her they were sold out, not just that it was unlikely. They said there were no more tickets and she should leave. A lot of people left, from what I understand. I don't know, I just think the whole idea was shitty in the first place, and then to not even execute it well is salt in the wound.

cdm
05-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Alarm at 5, drive from Jerz, in line by 6, out the door at 1145 with 2 for each show. Could have been enjoyable had it not been for the rain. Skipped the listening station although a nice touch for those who wanted a sneak peak. Passed on the litho...not enough wall space but hoping for a nice print for the show to frame with the ticket envelope. Well done to those that stuck it out. I have a feeling they’ll add another show somewhere in the city.

versusreality
05-19-2018, 07:29 PM
thanks everyone!! honestly, I kept pushing through in part because of the encouragement from you guys here. it was a veryyyyy long day, but time did seem to fly by. the people around me were cool and we had some good convos and fun times. we were all super happy once we got into the lobby by the ticket booths, and congratulated each other for our journey. I'm kinda kicking myself for not passing along contact info now!

we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit. I honestly feel bad for the people who left the line at that time. the guy had false info (we didn't see him again) . theories floated: was he a scalper trying to guarentee a spot on line? was he the manager from duane reede across the street!? who knows. I nearly got off the line, but I saw a lot of people angry/refusing to get off, and I just stayed on out of curiosity.

I really hope that the folks who left the line are able to buy tickets when they go on sale online. there should a lot left.

also, heard they are planning two nights at the Kings Theater in Brooklyn.

cdm
05-19-2018, 07:42 PM
we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit.

the tallish guy in the light gray suit? With a look of general disdain on his face?

versusreality
05-19-2018, 07:45 PM
the tallish guy in the light gray suit? With a look of general disdain on his face?

possibly...if I recall, the guy was heavier set, in his 50's

cdm
05-19-2018, 07:49 PM
possibly...if I recall, the guy was heavier set, in his 50's

Ok different guy. The guy in the gray suit was younger than that. Your description sounds like the same guy who counted with a clicker while they handed out bands. Blazer and floral tie, neon green / black umbrella.

Pbgut
05-19-2018, 09:37 PM

Wait, really? From where? Does Kings have seating? If not, might be more fun than RCMH.

anduril
05-19-2018, 09:42 PM
thanks everyone!! honestly, I kept pushing through in part because of the encouragement from you guys here. it was a veryyyyy long day, but time did seem to fly by. the people around me were cool and we had some good convos and fun times. we were all super happy once we got into the lobby by the ticket booths, and congratulated each other for our journey. I'm kinda kicking myself for not passing along contact info now!

we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit. I honestly feel bad for the people who left the line at that time. the guy had false info (we didn't see him again) . theories floated: was he a scalper trying to guarentee a spot on line? was he the manager from duane reede across the street!? who knows. I nearly got off the line, but I saw a lot of people angry/refusing to get off, and I just stayed on out of curiosity.

I really hope that the folks who left the line are able to buy tickets when they go on sale online. there should a lot left.

It goes to show that all you need is a suit and confidence and people will believe you.

Patrick_Nicholas
05-19-2018, 09:46 PM
After hearing about the guy saying the show was "sold out" despite getting my ticket about an hour later, I guess I picked the right time to get in line. Now I know that when the line is "supposed" to start, the best time to get in line is no later than half an hour before! I didn't pay much attention to the "two new songs" section. I browsed through the merch section after seeing some vinyls in there, but didn't see the NTAE or Add Violence CD. I considered asking for the prices/sizes of the shirts, but decided against it because I didn't want to risk paying more than $50 for one. My only other thoughts were battling the rain and getting to the nearest (open) subway station.

Deacon Blackfire
05-19-2018, 09:59 PM
I was the dude in the dark green raincoat with a fold-up stool (which spent a lot of time in my backpack because I quickly discovered that the downside of sitting today was absolutely drenched pants, should've worn rain pants or brought an umbrella!).

So considering I was one of the dopes that followed the "no lines before 8 AM" crap and took a bus into Port Authority that got me in a little after 7:30, only to be greeted at 7:50ish by a line that wrapped around the block, I feel extremely fortunate to have scored basically the exact tickets I was looking for. Waited from 8 AM to just about 3 PM, and when I asked for third mezzanine tickets there were still first row spots available, which I snagged for both dates. I hope that means those behind me in line still had tickets available for them.

All in all it was a memorable experience - and a miserable one, but that's pretty much entirely due to the weather. Even the long-ass wait wouldn't have seemed so bad without the Se7en-esque torrents of rain that came all day. However, those I met were super friendly - it was a pleasure to share the line with the two women in front of me and the guy behind me - and went a long way to making the whole thing more bearable. But after all the bullshit, I got what I came for and whatever misgivings I have about this "experiment", I can't complain about my results.

Sorry for anyone who got duped into abandoning the line - that is absolutely infuriating.

The listening stations were a nice idea but as someone who absolutely cannot wait to hear Bad Witch, this was probably one of the last environments I would like to give it a first listen in. I was freezing, achy, tired, and totally focused on tickets. For me a first listen is too much of a ritual - with outside distractions out of the equation altogether - for that opportunity to have appealed to me.

bobbie solo
05-20-2018, 01:59 AM
Wait, really? From where? Does Kings have seating? If not, might be more fun than RCMH.

Kings Theatre is seated. Unfortunately it's DEEP in Flatbush. Gorgeous spot, but more of the same bullshit if he does another in person on sale for it if this rumor is true.

bobbie solo
05-20-2018, 02:13 AM
I have a feeling they’ll add another show somewhere in the city.

There are two open days between the DC show on the 10th and the first NYC show on the 13th. I think they're gonna add a show or event of some sort either in DC, Baltimore, Philly or NYC on one or both of those two days. Otherwise he's just hemorrhaging money for two days with all the staff needing to be put up in hotels etc. And they need barely any time at all to get everyone from DC to any of those locations after the show is over on the 10th.

Same thing goes for the huge gap between the NYC & Boston shows. They're not gonna fly everyone home for 5 days and fly em back to Boston. Expect more shows in between NYC & Boston for sure, anywhere from NYC to upstate NY, Montreal or New England.

I wonder if Live Nation is perhaps moving the dates back to October for the Meadows Festival this year? It was in September last year, but prior it was in October I believe. Considering Live Nation is the promoter for almost the entire Cold Black & Lines that go on for Infinity Tour, maybe they booked NIN for this too? It would be kinda weird for them to do so many Radio City shows and headline a festival in the same area at the same time, but that would leave them open to play it on Friday 10/12 if it were the case. Kinda odd that Meadows hasn't even announced dates yet. Live Nation is prolly waiting till after Governor's Ball though.

versusreality
05-20-2018, 05:12 AM
someone on reddit (take it with a grain of salt) said King's Theater the two days after Radio City. source seemed pretty legit and confident though. Also, a live nation rep at Radio City yesterday said that there will be at least another NYC show "at a different venue than Radio City".

cdm
05-20-2018, 05:24 AM
someone on reddit (take it with a grain of salt) said King's Theater the two days after Radio City. source seemed pretty legit and confident though. Also, a live nation rep at Radio City yesterday said that there will be at least another NYC show "at a different venue than Radio City".

This makes a lot of sense, though. Otherwise they would have just added a third / fourth RC show(s). Had they added the shows at 10am they would have easily sold through at least 80% of the tickets.

imail724
05-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Wait, really? From where? Does Kings have seating? If not, might be more fun than RCMH.Kings Theatre is mostly seated, but they do have a small GA pit area.

gorny540
05-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Any additional shows have to be online sales, right? Yesterday seemed like a one day only event.

Pbgut
05-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Kings Theatre is mostly seared, but they do have a small GA pit area.

If there is a Brooklyn show, and they don't do a Physical World sale, man ... people on here will probably be upset.

Even though it's a smaller venue, if there is a show, I think my mid-back orchestra seats for RCMH are decent and I'll hold on to 'em instead of trying to get a slightly better experience. I was mostly curious about a GA NYC show with no seats; Webster Hall last year was my first show and the energy and dancing/shoving was really really fun.

bobbie solo
05-20-2018, 11:48 PM
If there are any more shows, they should be sold as non-transferable tickets with a +1. Has worked fine in the past.

halo eighteen
05-21-2018, 06:27 AM
There are two open days between the DC show on the 10th and the first NYC show on the 13th. I think they're gonna add a show or event of some sort either in DC, Baltimore, Philly or NYC on one or both of those two days. Otherwise he's just hemorrhaging money for two days with all the staff needing to be put up in hotels etc. And they need barely any time at all to get everyone from DC to any of those locations after the show is over on the 10th.

Same thing goes for the huge gap between the NYC & Boston shows. They're not gonna fly everyone home for 5 days and fly em back to Boston. Expect more shows in between NYC & Boston for sure, anywhere from NYC to upstate NY, Montreal or New England.

Eh, there's several other 2-day gaps in the tour schedule, including during the run in L.A. I think Trent just likes/needs his rest between shows at this point. Seems like those supposed Kings Theatre shows would fit nicely Oct 16-17. The longer gaps after Nashville and Chicago are a bit suspect, too. Shows in Canada should happen around there if this is a "North American" tour. Not to mention where is anything at all in the Pacific NW?

gardenia_spectre
05-21-2018, 10:36 AM
If there are any more shows, they should be sold as non-transferable tickets with a +1. Has worked fine in the past. This used to work well but at some point paperless ticketing was made illegal in NY due to lobbying by Ticketmaster I believe.

bobbie solo
05-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Then how did last year's Webster Hall show occur the way it did? Because it was announced, sold and performed the same day? Was that the loophole.

cdm
05-21-2018, 12:42 PM
This used to work well but at some point paperless ticketing was made illegal in NY due to lobbying by Ticketmaster I believe.

This is not true. Ticketmaster (and other ticketing firms) has lobbied against the paperless legislation and has done so since at least 2010. This is not a new law. As I understand it paperless tickets themselves are not illegal so long as the ticket vendor makes a paper option available at the time of purchase.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ticketmaster-urges-n-y-legalize-sale-paperless-tickets-article-1.3340129

With that said, I'm not sure how they were able to pull off Webster.

gardenia_spectre
05-21-2018, 12:57 PM
This is not true. Ticketmaster (and other ticketing firms) has lobbied against the paperless legislation and has done so since at least 2010. This is not a new law. As I understand it paperless tickets themselves are not illegal so long as the ticket vendor makes a paper option available at the time of purchase.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ticketmaster-urges-n-y-legalize-sale-paperless-tickets-article-1.3340129

With that said, I'm not sure how they were able to pull off Webster.
I was imprecise. In the past, Trent and others did shows with no paper tickets. Pre-2010. I went to a few - for NIN and other bands and seem to remember shows at Webster, including for NIN done this way. This worked well to keep out many, not all scalpers. Then were unable to do so in NY subsequently. I didn't realize that Ticketmaster was actually lobbying to repeal this horrible law - I now realize it was the other ticket resellers who lobbied for it. But unfortunately it seems Albany is in the resellers' pocket, rather than the consumers.

halo eighteen
05-21-2018, 01:16 PM
I love that Ticketmaster really tries its damnedest to keep up this charade that they are these valiant champions fighting for getting tickets into the hands of honest, true fans. But yeah, the NY laws are definitely in favor of all the actual scalpers and brokers.

heavenly_bearded
05-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Sorry if this is posted already. Enter to win free tickets to these shows. I already have mine. NYC... I'm looking forward to joining you, finally.

https://alt923.radio.com/contest/win-tickets-see-nine-inch-nails-radio-city-music-hall#/thanks?submitted=true

smashitrebuildit
05-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Does anyone have any extra tickets for either day? I'm looking for 2 tickets, halp!

r_k_f
05-22-2018, 09:03 AM
I was imprecise. In the past, Trent and others did shows with no paper tickets. Pre-2010. I went to a few - for NIN and other bands and seem to remember shows at Webster, including for NIN done this way. This worked well to keep out many, not all scalpers. Then were unable to do so in NY subsequently. I didn't realize that Ticketmaster was actually lobbying to repeal this horrible law - I now realize it was the other ticket resellers who lobbied for it. But unfortunately it seems Albany is in the resellers' pocket, rather than the consumers.

I don't recall if it was paperless or not, but what happened to the name on the credit card used to purchase the tickets having to match at least one of the people attending? It was something like that at Terminal 5 when I saw them..

icklekitty
05-22-2018, 10:58 AM
I don't recall if it was paperless or not, but what happened to the name on the credit card used to purchase the tickets having to match at least one of the people attending? It was something like that at Terminal 5 when I saw them..

Yeah you showed up with ID and were given a wristband and tickets. Everyone had to be present at the time of tickets being handed out and (for the shows I went to at least) they put you in a different room once you got the tickets so that you couldn't then leave and sell them. They also had a queue rep who made sure there were know line-jumpers etc. It was ambrosia.

halo eighteen
05-22-2018, 12:03 PM
10/13 - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-cold-and-black-new-york-new-york-10-13-2018/event/3C0054A9E78B0BFF

10/14 - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-cold-and-black-new-york-new-york-10-14-2018/event/3C0054A9E7960C01

Ticketmaster is showing general onsale for Thursday, May 24th at 10am.

smashitrebuildit
05-22-2018, 12:24 PM
10/13 - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-cold-and-black-new-york-new-york-10-13-2018/event/3C0054A9E78B0BFF

10/14 - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-cold-and-black-new-york-new-york-10-14-2018/event/3C0054A9E7960C01

Ticketmaster is showing general onsale for Thursday, May 24th at 10am.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UqjGHU5FSq0/VXx0vArmW-I/AAAAAAAAgfo/cnlhsT1rX48/w987-h580-no/twin%2Bpeaks.jpg

ickyvicky
05-22-2018, 12:28 PM
NIN just posted the announcement

redshoewearer
05-22-2018, 09:52 PM
I wish I'd remembered to look for this thread when I was somewhere in the same line as all you guys. Though it was so rainy I was afraid to take out my phone most of the time and didn't look at it much. Water was leaking through my umbrella that's how hard the rain was falling.

My feeling about the older suited guy who tried to discourage people from staying was that he was with Radio City, and they underestimated not only our numbers, but our tolerance of inconvenience and discomfort, and they were trying to get the whole thing to wrap up and make us go away by telling people that the tickets would be gone. There were a lot of us and it was a spectacle no doubt about it. I couldn't get there as early as I'd like, so I made my way around the block 1.5x. It was tiring, but I got good seats a little before 5pm (picked 1st mezzanine - a little cheaper since I bought 4 tickets for myself and 2 family members plus 1 friend). Good luck to those who will try online on Thurs.

izo
05-24-2018, 09:09 AM
For those who just tried and got "No tickets but keep trying..." Keep trying till at least noon. Sometimes tickets become available. I have gotten lucky in the past.

Try the day of the show between 11AM and 4PM. Last minute tickets are occasionally released. I have been able to get tickets this way as well.

Do not trust your computer's clock. I just learned this today. My office computer's clock is off by ~5 minutes. Ticketmaster refers to this for the countdown display but tickets actually go on sale based on Time.gov's clock. You can refresh the page based on Time.Gov's time to access the sale.
https://i.imgur.com/pf8Zcjv.png

Keep trying! Best of luck.

ickyvicky
05-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Ticketmaster is even saying "Nope" for 1 ticket :p

gorny540
05-24-2018, 09:20 AM
I gave it my best effort but typical Ticketmaster bullshit ensued. Looks like I'll be monitoring StubHub for the next 4 months.

Kid A
05-24-2018, 09:26 AM
I have one ticket carted for Sunday if anyone wants me to buy it for them.
1STMZ1 row h seat 110

Ghost
05-24-2018, 09:27 AM
I got one for Sunday! Super relieved, now I can stop stressing about this.

izo
05-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Single tickets for Sunday are popping up for those who still need tickets!

ScreamingSlave
05-24-2018, 09:31 AM
If anyone has a spare for the 13th at face value please let me know.

botley
05-24-2018, 09:32 AM
I scored one for the second Mezzanine on night two! Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Ruttiger
05-24-2018, 09:37 AM
scored an obstructed view single for Sunday as a last resort and then 2 singles popped up that are front/back of each other for Sunday.

Looks like lots of single seats available for Sunday.

ickyvicky
05-24-2018, 09:41 AM
Wahooo! Got 1

smashitrebuildit
05-24-2018, 10:11 AM
holy crap that was wild. I was able to get tickets, not together (my friend and i are going) but i got them. i'm not sure what's worse, ticketmaster, or waiting in the rain for 5 hours...

Ghost
05-24-2018, 10:26 AM
I also bought tickets to Boston, Detroit and Chicago. They popped up awhile after the initial sales appeared sold out. I guess I'm going to make a thing of it. Been a loooong time since I went on tour like this!

Jordanb
05-24-2018, 10:51 AM
General sale success!! Can't believe I was able to get tickets to both shows!

r_k_f
05-24-2018, 11:02 AM
I tried from two different accounts, in addition to over the phone and phone app, no luck. I gave in and got an Orch sect 2 set off stub hub.
This system sucks. :mad:

Failure
05-24-2018, 12:48 PM
My buddy scored 2 tickets for Saturday in ORCH6 Row NN Seats 613-614 (aisle). $358.60 for the both. Super excited to be going; just can't tell if these are good seats or not. They seem awfully stage left; way the hell out there to the side.

No complaints though. Sorry to those that struck out. This whole thing was a shitshow.

gardenia_spectre
05-24-2018, 01:14 PM
In the past, the best seats were saved for pre-sale - and in the glory days, for those in the Spiral. I already have my seats several rows back in the first mezz for both nights thanks to my amazing friend who stood in line for 8 hours in the cold and rain. But I wanted to see if better seats were available in the regular sale. Couldn't even get any seats to show up as available. But now I see from the post above that better seats were sold to some (orch NN). This was really a terrible experiment.

Toadflax
05-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Posted this erroneously about the 10/10 show, but it looks like 10/13 will be show 1,000 based on nintourhistory.com and the currently listed dates.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10106401943934913&set=gm.10156159236881183&type=3&theater&ifg=1https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33343532_10106401943939903_4329463137586642944_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeEdbPVz3tL2ktLdxZoJSnoZEDgY3GrUG6uSZmxqs sNK52UlctYdeQSFpkmysT8LJYFTkZ14WYmt3vbIk_oL7IeqR1U tUA54e0p_BFadwH_qeg&oh=137e572104fddc24ef9ae1bffaf20325&oe=5B78285F

Ruttiger
05-24-2018, 02:10 PM
In the past, the best seats were saved for pre-sale - and in the glory days, for those in the Spiral. I already have my seats several rows back in the first mezz for both nights thanks to my amazing friend who stood in line for 8 hours in the cold and rain. But I wanted to see if better seats were available in the regular sale. Couldn't even get any seats to show up as available. But now I see from the post above that better seats were sold to some (orch NN). This was really a terrible experiment.

The Spiral era was for me anyway, the best times for tickets for the fans. I had tickets everytime I wanted them, hassle free.

ThinkIcouldburn
05-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Completely forgot about the online sale, but still somehow got tickets for Sunday. 2nd Mezz and almost as far away as I can possibly be, but excited to be going.

GoodSoldier333
05-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Have fun guys; especially to everyone that waited out there! :]

Ruttiger
05-24-2018, 05:29 PM
Ticketmaster is chock full of resale tickets now - i didn't know they did this directly. good seats are in the $700 plus range

ScreamingSlave
05-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Looking for a single ticket for the 13th if anyone can help me out please let me know!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

adamdup
06-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Hey I have 1ticket for saturday. Its first mezz4 row k. A really good view for face value $180 email me adamdvideo@gmail.com

ScreamingSlave
06-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Hey I have 1ticket for saturday. Its first mezz4 row k. A really good view for face value $180 email me adamdvideo@gmail.comI got a ticket 1st row mezz for Saturday 13th so I'm good thanks paid face value which is 150$.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sevastracisum
06-15-2018, 06:39 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/443570492732177/ for anyone looking to get together before the RCMH shows. share it around.

plantar14
06-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Sellling two tickets to the 10/14 NYC show for cost thru TM. Please PM if interested. Thanks!

whalers14
06-25-2018, 07:08 PM
sent you a PM plantar14

plantar14
07-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Selling two tickets for 10/14 show in 1st Mezzanine Row K. Great seats and will sell below cost! PM if interested!

Sarah K
07-10-2018, 09:35 AM
PSA that if you are here for the Sunday show, you will be in NYC for the BEST food festival, aka PICKLE DAY.

So many pickles.

cdm
07-10-2018, 10:49 AM
...for the BEST food festival, aka PICKLE DAY.

Holy shit!

mistresswanda
07-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Quick question: going to have to look at second hand tix... whats more "reliable"? Stub Hub or Seat Geek? Terrified I will get tickets and show up with the Spawn only to find out the same seats have been sold 3X.

bobbie solo
07-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Both are completely legit, as is Vivid Seats. Seat Geek has the advantage of showing multiple OTHER ticket resellers in their listings all together, plus u can see the actual full final price right at the beginning of the process, where Vivid & Stubhub fuck with you, adding fees until the very end.

redshoewearer
07-20-2018, 07:37 PM
PSA that if you are here for the Sunday show, you will be in NYC for the BEST food festival, aka PICKLE DAY.

So many pickles.

WHERE IS THAT?! I'm going for the Sunday show.

Sarah K
07-20-2018, 08:45 PM
WHERE IS THAT?! I'm going for the Sunday show.

Orchard Street - Lower East Side.

Edit - http://pickleday.nyc/

botley
07-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Orchard Street - Lower East Side.

Edit - http://pickleday.nyc/
Okay... that's where we're all gonna meet up, right?

Sarah K
07-25-2018, 11:29 AM
I will be there with heavenly_bearded in tow!

NotinCnStopMeNow
08-23-2018, 08:02 PM
I’m looking for 2 tickets to the Saturday night show, please PM me, will pay or I have tickets to both nights at kings theatre for a trade.

arat
08-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Has anyone bought from Seat Geek, etc? Did you get a physical ticket?

adamdup
09-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Selling two tickets, one for each night, Face Value, $200. I can meet you at the show as you will be seating next to me. I would just ask for Paypal in advance so that I am not stuck with these.

10/13/18 ORCH3 Row JJ Seat 311

10/14/18 ORCH3 Row GG Seat 307

hippygeek
09-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Selling tickets - $150 each (+$10 shipping and insurance).

1 ticket - Sat 13th, 1st Mezzanine, row C.
2 tickets - Sun 14th, Orchestra 3, row E.

Edit: gone.

cdm
09-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Has anyone bought from Seat Geek, etc? Did you get a physical ticket?

The ticket listing will say so. E-tickets are send instantly, physical tickets deliver a few days after purchase.

Sarah K
09-11-2018, 10:37 AM
There is a "NIN themed dance party" (and giveaways!) at Saint Vitus the night before the shows start, if you're into that sort of thing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/264955884147129/

monkeyarse
09-15-2018, 01:02 AM
If anyone has a single spare ticket for the 13th, I’d be very glad to take it..

joplinpicasso
09-18-2018, 12:38 PM
I can't go to 10/12 and will instead see them at Kings Theater! I have two physical tickets available, 2nd mezz, PM me if interested.

hippygeek
09-19-2018, 06:42 AM
I can't go to 10/12 and will instead see them at Kings Theater! I have two physical tickets available, 2nd mezz, PM me if interested.

Shows are 10/13 and 10/14.

lights_in_the_sky
09-22-2018, 12:07 PM
In search of 2 tickets for the show on the 13th. If anyone has some available, please let me know!

imail724
09-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Would anyone be interested in trading with me? I have one ticket for the Sunday RC show, 3rd Mezz, row A. Willing to trade for any of the other 3 nights (could add cash to it if your ticket is in a better section).

makersmark
09-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Selling tickets for Radio City on 10/13 and 10/14. Both in Orchestra 3. PM me if interested!

Reznorection
09-28-2018, 03:39 PM
Anyone have a single 10/13? High up is very much fine with me.

NotinCnStopMeNow
09-30-2018, 08:48 PM
I got tickets to both radio city shows! Very excited, 2 weeks away!

kevinbeetle
10-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Looks like I may have an extra for 10/14. Might be willing to get rid of both. Orchestra 5, Row ZZ. Should know for sure later this week.

I can meet you at the Saturday show or mail it. I'll also be at Comic Con on Friday if you plan on going there.

Demon.seed.22
10-03-2018, 10:24 PM
I have 2 extra tickets for Sunday 10/14.

nycmale
10-04-2018, 01:58 PM
SOLD

2 Extras for Saturday 10/13. Center Orchestra 4 Row YY. Face Value. PM me if interested. Thank you!!

Paul
10-05-2018, 11:33 PM
I have one ticket for myself for the Sunday 10.14 show and I'm super torn about it. I LOVE the idea of getting to see NIN at a venue I've never been to (Radio City Music Hall) that looks amazing, on a tour that is clearly full of surprises. However, getting into and out of NYC is going to be a bit of challenge for me, and I'm not sure how much traveling I can even do these coming weeks.

Last time I saw NIN in NYC it was at Madison Square Garden in 2000, you know - that time Marilyn Manson showed up (https://bit.ly/2Pfrxfr)? And I have a feeling it could be another unforgettable night.

I'm happy with the seat too (Orchestra 5, Row F). I have the ticket in-hand now - would someone else want it? It will probably sting to sell it, but I'd just want to get back around what I paid. I do think I'd feel a bit better knowing it went to a fellow fan at least :-)

Please let me know.

~Paul

monkeyarse
10-06-2018, 02:00 AM
Still looking for a good orchestra seat for Saturday 13th please xxxx

zjd
10-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Letting go of 2 tickets to Radio City Music Hall second night (10/14/2018) Let me know if you guys are interested!

zjd
10-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Anyone looking for tickets for the second night? Have 2 I'm trying to let go of. Face value is $150 each. Let me know if anyone is in need!

Reznorection
10-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Still looking for a crappy single to 10/13. Don't want that obstructed view third mezzanine? I'm your man!

makersmark
10-07-2018, 12:45 AM
Still have 1 ticket for the 10/13 show. Orch 3, Row LL. $200 is face value for it.

redshoewearer
10-08-2018, 09:38 PM
I have one ticket for myself for the Sunday 10.14 show and I'm super torn about it. I LOVE the idea of getting to see NIN at a venue I've never been to (Radio City Music Hall) that looks amazing, on a tour that is clearly full of surprises. However, getting into and out of NYC is going to be a bit of challenge for me, Are you near Burlington? Amtrak goes from Essex Junction to Penn. We're taking the train from upstate into the city - NYC traffic once you get near the GWB is pretty annoying.

Ruttiger
10-09-2018, 10:28 AM
1 ticket for sale face value plus fees - $122.70 for sunday 10/14

Sec 2NDMZ4, Row E, Seat 411 - listed as "obstructed view" on ticketmaster site, but see for yourself. The obstructed view is due to the soundboard from what I can see:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Radio+City+Music+Hall/2nd+Mezzanine+4/E/

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/wallpaper/anonymous-20150622145404.jpg https://aviewfrommyseat.com/wallpaper/anonymous-20151212215449.jpg

I'll still be at the show - was able to grab 2 seats together later in the ticket scramble for the wifey and me.

*edited to add date

Paul
10-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Are you near Burlington? Amtrak goes from Essex Junction to Penn. We're taking the train from upstate into the city - NYC traffic once you get near the GWB is pretty annoying.

I like that idea, thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for next time. This time, however, I'm going to have to bow out and sell:

I have one ticket for the NYC 10/14 show (Orchestra 5, Row F) Sunday at Radio City Music Hall. I was really hoping to go but can't make the travel work. I have the ticket in-hand, but can transfer it to you digitally via Ticketmaster after payment. Please let me know if you're interested!

idioteque...
10-09-2018, 03:25 PM
I have 1 extra ticket that is GA for weds at kings theater if anyone is in need

heavenly_bearded
10-09-2018, 03:54 PM
I have 1 extra ticket that is GA for weds at kings theater if anyone is in need

Try here: https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5014-2018-10-16-17-Brooklyn-NY-Kings-Theatre

cdm
10-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Posted this erroneously about the 10/10 show, but it looks like 10/13 will be show 1,000 based on nintourhistory.com and the currently listed dates.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10106401943934913&set=gm.10156159236881183&type=3&theater&ifg=1https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33343532_10106401943939903_4329463137586642944_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeEdbPVz3tL2ktLdxZoJSnoZEDgY3GrUG6uSZmxqs sNK52UlctYdeQSFpkmysT8LJYFTkZ14WYmt3vbIk_oL7IeqR1U tUA54e0p_BFadwH_qeg&oh=137e572104fddc24ef9ae1bffaf20325&oe=5B78285F

As of this morning, www.nintourhistory.com shows 999 shows performed with tonight's DC show being 1000. Is that accurate? I'm not sure if this includes the cancelled Rockfest or not.