View Full Version : 2018.07.02 - Berlin, Germany @ Zitadelle

Lt. Randazzo
12-14-2017, 05:06 PM
What the hell is a Zitadelle?

SchwarzerAbt
12-15-2017, 12:41 AM
It's a military fortress, renaissance style: 😃

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandau_Citadel

From the description it sounds like quite a cool location.

witte
12-15-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm in, but as I said somewhere else, those Germans suck when your talking about ticket services (the method E-ticket they don't know). :/
Why this one? Well, it's a headliner gig and not a festival gig. The setlist could be longer and more exclusive.

Update/edit: received message today
"Ihre Sendung ist heute mit der Sendungsnummer ............ an DHL EXPRSSS übergeben worden"

:)

notsoprettynow
12-16-2017, 04:21 PM
I'm in, but as I said somewhere else, those Germans suck when your talking about ticket services (the method E-ticket they don't know). :/

ticketmaster: about 17 euro to some parts of europe, about 37 euro for the rest of the world
eventim: 35 euro for anywhere besides germany (they are selling hardtickets incl. Artwork)

but you can also buy your tickets here:

koka36.de -> 10 euro inside EU plus Ukraine and even the U.S.
dodotickets.de -> 7 euro within EU

I prefer e-tickets as well, even living in Berlin.
Some smaller concerts do not offer anything else.
Like "The Soft Moon", playing 2 concerts in a row in February, both nearly sold out.
"Zola Jesus" or anyone else playing at Berghain or "SO36": Of course there are E-Tickets.

I think the problem is with larger companies, or maybe some venues. I don't know if there are any E-Tickets available for ... let's say... "Depeche Mode", Adele or U2.
There have been E-Tickets for Marilyn Manson though, as far as I know.

notsoprettynow
12-16-2017, 04:27 PM
From the description it sounds like quite a cool location.

it is. but there are 2 big problems:
it is an open air-concert.
there is a curfew (because of the neighbours) at 10PM, so the concert has to be over by then.
so it starts around 7PM on broad daylight.
i would have preferred the "arena treptow", where NIN played 2009. but I think the capacity is limited to 7000. the "zitadelle" takes 10000.

it will look like this: (with NIN already playing, in the summer-sun)
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/images/cmf15-press-image-4-credit_peter-engelke/13521370/4-format6001.jpg?inIsFirst=true

KreTafkA
12-18-2017, 10:38 AM
I was there on last tour and it sucks :( stage was to small for screens and it was way too early

I really hope that they will play on Opene'r Festival in Poland 4.07 it perfectly fit :)

witte
12-18-2017, 11:01 AM
I was there on last tour and it sucks [emoji20] stage was to small for screens and it was way too early

I really hope that they will play on Opene'r Festival in Poland 4.07 it perfectly fit :)

There won’t be screens this time. And again, I understand, but it’s a headline gig and still better than a festival appearance. Tbc
Ticket arrived. :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171218/6bd51e0d0bf9de096f3baaed4a4c543b.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

fillow
12-18-2017, 11:37 AM
For a shipping price like that it should've been a work of art worthy to be framed at the wall.

notsoprettynow
12-21-2017, 09:33 AM
For a shipping price like that it should've been a work of art worthy to be framed at the wall.
eventim-ticket looks like this:
http://howtodestroyangels.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ninticket.jpg

bobbie solo
12-22-2017, 01:43 AM
mine arrived today. So pumped....first international NIN show!

Henrie_Schnee
12-27-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm still doubting myself wether or not to see them there. Pro: Zitadelle is a nice venue and the old walls give it a decent acoustic. BUT: Berlin crowds suck and the sun won't set before eleven pm, at which time the concert will already be over. Remeber, if you saw them there during the Tension-Tour, that was in May, not July. Still crossing my fingers for a non-festival gig in Luxemburg or Poland...

niggo
12-27-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm hoping that it's going to be dark and cloudy. I tink rain could really save the day.

witte
12-27-2017, 05:13 PM
And...remember, after june 21 the days getting shorter. -lol-
And yes, point is made about the daylight. I see it as a meet up of true NIN fans which you cannot expect on a regular festival. Tbc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

notsoprettynow
12-30-2017, 02:59 PM
I see it as a meet up of true NIN fans which you cannot expect on a regular festival

i'm in. (some friends are coming too)
but i am thinking about buying tickets for amsterdam