PDA

View Full Version : Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

somewhat_
07-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Thinking April/May U.S. dates including Coachella and June/July overseas.

Hoping for club/theatre tour but I realize that's fairly unlikely.

witte
07-15-2017, 08:52 AM
I think that the new tour philosophy (no tour for years, but reduced to periods) is related to the wishes of Atticus. Family man, and not a tour personality.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

implanted_microchip
07-15-2017, 03:59 PM
I think the less dates a year but less gaps between outings also is a natural solution to Trent's touring pattern problems in the past -- they would tour really, really hard with minimal breaks until he burnt out and the thought of doing it again made him sick. With a family especially it's got to make it harder for the idea of being away from home for the majority of the year to seem appealing.

I just hope this doesn't mean we only ever get arena/festival shows for the foreseeable future, because as great as the spectacle of a giant NIN show is, I'm desperate to get a taste of the more intimate club/theatre setting.

slave2thewage
07-15-2017, 11:14 PM
I really want them to hit up Europe next year, but I somewhat doubt it.

witte
07-16-2017, 05:57 AM
I really want them to hit up Europe next year, but I somewhat doubt it.

I'm convinced they will tour Europe next year.

icklekitty
07-16-2017, 11:03 AM

It generally takes more than two month to cover three continents, even if they're intending on doing reduced dates.

slave2thewage
08-06-2017, 06:48 PM
I hope the next European tour gets more Hesitation Marks tracks than last time.

streetman
08-16-2017, 01:20 AM
When do you guys think a 2018 tour announcement will come? Will it come with the next EP release? Fun to speculate.

filmfanb
08-16-2017, 05:13 AM

There seems to be a general impression amongst the Coachella boards/festival boards that NIN likely signed up to a 3 GV festival contract.

LCD and Kendrick had the same deal.

Coachella could be the 3rd. We know he digs the festival. That would mean NIN couldn't play in the radius for three months before or after. Not sure how that will factor into tour dates.

augustobt
08-16-2017, 02:39 PM
I'm begging for a complete UK tour again. Maybe a surprise show at scala again...

henryeatscereal
08-16-2017, 02:42 PM
I would love to watch them again in my hometown, last time they came they did a festival date so i guess it's possible but i'm not geting my hopes up...

magnolia
08-16-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a tour with The Black Queen as opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slave2thewage
08-16-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a tour with The Black Queen as opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want either The Black Queen or IAMX to open on the next tour.

WorzelG
08-17-2017, 02:34 AM
I wonder if NIN might do the Download festival in the UK next year in some capacity? I'd say reading is out, Glastonbury isn't on next year, can't really think of any others they might do.

eversonpoe
08-17-2017, 08:38 AM
I want either The Black Queen or IAMX to open on the next tour.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/94414d55dd8608dd46f258a90a9a3f4e/tumblr_inline_oldq62ha8h1uyjd37_500.gif

SM Rollinger
08-17-2017, 08:57 AM
I would love to watch them again in my hometown, last time they came they did a festival date so i guess it's possible but i'm not geting my hopes up...
Its ok, the last time NIN played my hometown was 22 years ago :(

henryeatscereal
08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Its ok, the last time NIN played my hometown was 22 years ago :(
Really? wow! i guess i got nothing to complaint then...

They have played 3 times here, but only once as a "solo show"; the other two were festival dates.
They don't come here every tour we got: "Live: With Teeth", "Lights in the Sky" and "Twenty Thirteen" but no "Wave Goodbye", so i guess there's a 50/50 chance, but i don't think there will be a Latin America leg of the tour (i wish i'm wrong...)

implanted_microchip
08-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Trent did talk in one of those longer interviews recently about how surprised he was to find out through streaming that they have a huge fanbase in Mexico, so maybe a Latin American tour is more likely because of that; it's clearly in his mind as a place that has interest.

My goals for next year's North American dates are to see every FL date announced, the inevitable Atlanta date and any New Orleans date announced, along with hopefully managing to catch an LA show or another NY show. If it's an amphitheatre tour (ugh) and they do Red Rocks, I'll try my best to make it out for that.

streetman
08-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Trent did talk in one of those longer interviews recently about how surprised he was to find out through streaming that they have a huge fanbase in Mexico, so maybe a Latin American tour is more likely because of that; it's clearly in his mind as a place that has interest.

My goals for next year's North American dates are to see every FL date announced, the inevitable Atlanta date and any New Orleans date announced, along with hopefully managing to catch an LA show or another NY show. If it's an amphitheatre tour (ugh) and they do Red Rocks, I'll try my best to make it out for that.

He was in Mexico on the last tour.

NotoriousTIMP
08-17-2017, 03:29 PM
I predict that Stabbing Westward will be an opener for the tour

butter_hole
08-23-2017, 07:00 PM
I was sitting on a bus last night and overheard the girl sitting behind me say that NIN were approached to play Dark Mofo (http://www.australia.com/en/events/2017/june/dark-mofo.html) either this year or next, got offered $500,000, but turned it down. She barely knew who NIN were and said it kinda offhandedly, so I have no reason to not believe what she was saying. Woulda been a perfect fit!

Elrickooo
08-23-2017, 11:16 PM
I was sitting on a bus last night and overheard the girl sitting behind me say that NIN were approached to play Dark Mofo (http://www.australia.com/en/events/2017/june/dark-mofo.html) either this year or next, got offered $500,000, but turned it down. She barely knew who NIN were and said it kinda offhandedly, so I have no reason to not believe what she was saying. Woulda been a perfect fit!

So annoying, I think that moving to New Zealand has ruined any chance of me getting to see NIN again

nooneimportant
08-24-2017, 07:00 AM

That Lollapalooza Brazil show is great to watch because of the energy from the crowd and the band. There's a moment during Beside You In Time where he stops singing the lyrics and seems amazed at the crowd reaction.

botley
08-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Agreed, super intense show... although maybe he just forgot the words (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDdPXl2NJA&t=69m50s) at that point?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
08-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Would be awesome - but I highly doubt it. Trent likes to have newer, lesser known acts that are musically interesting to him. (Not musically similar).

kel
08-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Would be awesome - but I highly doubt it. Trent likes to have newer, lesser known acts that are musically interesting to him. (Not musically similar).

he was joking.

i think.

ophelia_
08-25-2017, 08:13 PM

That would have been amazing! Alessando did perform there this year though, right? I saw instagram posts of him in Tassie.

DVYDRNS
08-26-2017, 12:14 PM
you know, I saw Stabbing Westward at Cold Waves last year. They were actually REALLY good!

FernandoDante
08-27-2017, 12:22 PM
That Lollapalooza Brazil show is great to watch because of the energy from the crowd and the band. There's a moment during Beside You In Time where he stops singing the lyrics and seems amazed at the crowd reaction.
If any gigs are announced for Brazil, anywhere from 50% to 100% of them will be cancelled beforehand. That's just how the band rolls.

butter_hole
08-29-2017, 01:11 AM
That would have been amazing! Alessando did perform there this year though, right? I saw instagram posts of him in Tassie.
He did. Seems like a pretty good compromise.

tony.parente
09-26-2017, 09:55 PM
It's been 12 years since NIN has done a club tour, I think 2018 might be the year?

sonic_discord
09-26-2017, 11:49 PM
It's been 12 years since NIN has done a club tour, I think 2018 might be the year?

While the notion of seeing NIN in such a small and intimate venue excites me, the inevitable difficulty of procuring tickets for such a show worries me, to say the least. I hope they announce the tour as early as possible so I can make travel plans. I typically see the Minneapolis or St. Paul show (assuming there is one) and plan a trip around a second one, usually in Portland, OR or Chicago. If they were to go through with the "Still" type of stripped down performance tour, I could see that working well in a club-setting.

fillow
09-27-2017, 12:43 AM
While the notion of seeing NIN in such a small and intimate venue excites me, the inevitable difficulty of procuring tickets for such a show worries me, to say the least. I hope they announce the tour as early as possible so I can make travel plans. I typically see the Minneapolis or St. Paul show (assuming there is one) and plan a trip around a second one, usually in Portland, OR or Chicago. If they were to go through with the "Still" type of stripped down performance tour, I could see that working well in a club-setting.
Can't wait to read of douchebags screaming HEAD LIKE A HOOOLE during quiet tour shows

sonic_discord
09-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Can't wait to read of douchebags screaming HEAD LIKE A HOOOLE during quiet tour shows

I know, man. Just when I think we might be past that shit, some asshole reminds me not to have TOO much faith in humanity while he drunkenly blurts out a song they're OBVIOUSLY going to play (or in some instances already played while said asshole was buying a beer or taking a piss or something). I'm pretty sure someone yelled "HEAD LIKE A HOOOOOLE" at Riot Fest, actually (at least it's expected at a festival, though).

motionlessZombie
09-27-2017, 10:22 AM

It will probably be Manson.

WorzelG
09-27-2017, 11:01 AM
If this is the case i hope that stays in the US, never understood his appeal

sonic_discord
09-27-2017, 11:42 AM

Pure speculation on your part? Or do you have a reason for thinking that besides the fact that he's about to release his new album and both bands will be touring next year to support their new material? I was about to scoff at that idea, but after thinking about it for a minute, it started to make a little bit of sense. After all, TR and Manson have buried the hatchet again (at least for now) and Manson did mention in that recent interview that they'd spoken about doing something together. A tour seems much more plausible than a recorded collaboration. However, I am selfish and want a FULL NIN set, not another co-headlining tour (though I am glad I went to a show the NIN/Soundgarden tour). But that's the only way I'd see Manson these days; on a co-headlining tour. I won't pay to see him solo at this point in his (failing) career. I do wish the Manson/Smashing Pumpkins tour had come to MN, though – that would have been fun.

witte
09-27-2017, 12:08 PM
please, don't spoil this topic with garbage.

motionlessZombie
09-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Pure speculation on your part? Or do you have a reason for thinking that besides the fact that he's about to release his new album and both bands will be touring next year to support their new material? I was about to scoff at that idea, but after thinking about it for a minute, it started to make a little bit of sense. After all, TR and Manson have buried the hatchet again (at least for now) and Manson did mention in that recent interview that they'd spoken about doing something together. A tour seems much more plausible than a recorded collaboration. However, I am selfish and want a FULL NIN set, not another co-headlining tour (though I am glad I went to a show the NIN/Soundgarden tour). But that's the only way I'd see Manson these days; on a co-headlining tour. I won't pay to see him solo at this point in his (failing) career. I do wish the Manson/Smashing Pumpkins tour had come to MN, though – that would have been fun.

This was my reasoning. But if it does happen, I can see Trent helping Manson get his shit together in some form beforehand so he won't stink up the joint.

witte
10-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Contacted a guy I know from livenation EU/Netherlands: he confirmed, they got the assignment to offer NIN to EU venues/festivals in 2018. Tbc.

fillow
10-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Please more venues and less festivals. Please.

muse-lyre candy
10-09-2017, 02:07 AM
Contacted a guy I know from livenation EU/Netherlands: he confirmed, they got the assignment to offer NIN to EU venues/festivals in 2018. Tbc.
do you know what venue size for those locals..?
from America and bucket-listed to finally get my clean passport a stamp or two...

Haysey_Draws
10-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Please more venues and less festivals. Please.

I dunno about the rest of the EU, but i can guarantee they won't be doing Reading and Leeds again :rolleyes:

They could do Download, can't see them doing Glasto. Hopefully they also do a show at O2, i can take advantage of the office box we have there ;)

WorzelG
10-09-2017, 06:33 AM
^^^
Glastonbury isn't actually on in 2018 is it? I would love if they did a really off the wall festival like Festival No 6 in Portmeirion. I've always wanted to go to that, and the place is amazing

Haysey_Draws
10-09-2017, 10:25 AM
^^^
Glastonbury isn't actually on in 2018 is it? I would love if they did a really off the wall festival like Festival No 6 in Portmeirion. I've always wanted to go to that, and the place is amazing

...you're right, now i really can't see them doing it :rolleyes:
If memory recalls i don't think they've ever done Download so that would probably be the most obvious option, but i agree a random off the wall option would be awesome.

fillow
10-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Wasn't Download that metal-heavy festival when NIN did a purposely slow/quiet set to piss off the crowd?

witte
10-09-2017, 11:03 AM
do you know what venue size for those locals..?
from America and bucket-listed to finally get my clean passport a stamp or two...

No, the price NIN asks is spicy and till now no reply from dutch festivals.
Anyway there’s action. Surprise gigs in the EU/UK will be actual for sure.

WorzelG
10-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Wasn't Download that metal-heavy festival when NIN did a purposely slow/quiet set to piss off the crowd?
I was there - that was Sonisphere, the Metallica festival, not Download.

...you're right, now i really can't see them doing it :rolleyes:
If memory recalls i don't think they've ever done Download so that would probably be the most obvious option, but i agree a random off the wall option would be awesome.
I would probably go if they did Download - although the last time I went to that was 2015 for Rammstein and it was PISSING down with rain, they called it Drownload it was so bad. Worst weather I've ever had at a festival, I nearly lost a shoe in the mud because the weather forecast was great up until the actual morning so I didn't think to dress for rain. Thankfully we were only there for the day

Sister Midnight
10-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Part of me wishes that TR & AR would do a small club tour playing selections from their scores I can think of several songs I would love to see played live.

Deepvoid
10-19-2017, 09:54 AM
We're starting to see bands announcing tours in January and February.
If we don't hear something soon, I think any kind of tour dates will be in the Spring of 2018.
We'll see soon enough I guess.

streetman
10-20-2017, 01:12 AM
We're starting to see bands announcing tours in January and February.
If we don't hear something soon, I think any kind of tour dates will be in the Spring of 2018.
We'll see soon enough I guess.

Trent has said in more than one interview already that the touring in 2018 will begin in the summer.

ManBurning
10-25-2017, 02:52 AM
One thing's for sure, I need to force myself to NOT look at setlists as the tour unfolds. If it's one thing I've learned here, as static as the setlist usually is, they will always usually replace 1 or 2 songs a night as the tour goes on. Kinda like how "All the love in the world" made it's live debut midway through the tension tour. One of these days I'd like to be at a show where I hear something like that NOT knowing it was coming and lose my shit.

I guess that would mean not coming on ETS or the internet for the whole time they are on tour. It's hard to avoid tour spoilers these days when you have 50 music news sites reporting on stuff like this.

If only I didn't look at riot fest before hand, I would have never seen the background world coming from a mile away. If only I didn't come on ETS religiously 500 times a day I wouldn't have seen that post about Ilan sharing the rehearsal of "Letting you"

The whole time at Aftershock I just kept thinking "When is Letting you coming on?" "What part of the show will the Background world be played" lol... I need to stop.

And I was listening to the live recording of the Vegas show on YouTube earlier today, and was surprised how fresh an old song like "Terrible Lie" sounded. It goes to show yo, he needs to start cutting songs like MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer and Hurt from time to time. Retire them for a tour or so, when they come back, they will seem fresh and exciting again.

2018 will be the 30th anniversary of NIN... wow... I hope he does something crazy for it. Bring back more PHM songs for the 30th anniversary. Down In it or SIN need to make a comeback. Sin has been gone for faaar too long.

Sister Midnight
10-25-2017, 05:38 AM
And I was listening to the live recording of the Vegas show on YouTube earlier today, and was surprised how fresh an old song like "Terrible Lie" sounded. It goes to show yo, he needs to start cutting songs like MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer and Hurt from time to time. Retire them for a tour or so, when they come back, they will seem fresh and exciting again.

2018 will be the 30th anniversary of NIN... wow... I hope he does something crazy for it. Bring back more PHM songs for the 30th anniversary. Down In it or SIN need to make a comeback. Sin has been gone for faaar too long.

I have seen NIN ten times and of the six songs you mentioned (MOTP, Piggy, Gave Up, Wish, Closer, Hurt) I understand why Closer and Hurt are played because they are hits. Of all the ten times I have seen them Piggy, Gave Up and Wish were played at every concert I have seen. I have even been to shows where they didn't play Closer.

It has been an unwritten thing that when NIN does a stripped down show (no massive lighting and video screens) you tend to get a more varied setlist. It really wasn't like that at the most recent Vegas show, it was pretty much a standard NIN setlist. I actually rolled my eyes when they started playing Piggy. They didn't come on until 10 pm and I know Vegas has curfews on concerts so I guessed that it would be over at 11:30 and it ended at 11;30 nearly on the dot. So when Piggy started my immediate thought was I have seen this too many times. I agree with you Piggy, Gave Up and Wish need to be retired for a very long time. It reminded me of watching a Seinfeld rerun, I have seen it a billion times but I still enjoy it. Other than the new material and the Bowie cover, it was the same setlist I have seen over the last five years. If he wants to play something off of Broken, how about playing Last and Suck.

NIN is great band and has done some ground breaking things with regards to tours and live shows. They have been a huge influence on me and the music has been the soundtrack to my life, but as you said the 30th Anniversary is coming up and the last thing that NIN should become after 30 years is predictable.

theimage13
10-25-2017, 11:54 AM
One thing's for sure, I need to force myself to NOT look at setlists as the tour unfolds. If it's one thing I've learned here, as static as the setlist usually is, they will always usually replace 1 or 2 songs a night as the tour goes on. Kinda like how "All the love in the world" made it's live debut midway through the tension tour. One of these days I'd like to be at a show where I hear something like that NOT knowing it was coming and lose my shit.

Do it. I quit ETS for a few weeks at the start of Tension and told my friends on the tour to not spoil anything for me - I went into it knowing nothing, and my mind was blown several times. Second best show for me - hard to top night two at Terminal 5.

ManBurning
10-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Do it. I quit ETS for a few weeks at the start of Tension and told my friends on the tour to not spoil anything for me - I went into it knowing nothing, and my mind was blown several times. Second best show for me - hard to top night two at Terminal 5.

Quitting ETS is easier said then done, lol. I am addicted to this place. It's like one of 3 web pages I spend my internets on.

That's why I've found it's usually easier to just try and attend the first show on the tour. Nobody knows what's gonna happen there. The problem I have found with the first show is, it's not always the best setlist. The setlist (and the band) get better as the tour goes on. If you catch a show near the end, you have a good chance of hearing the best material as I guess they've had more time to rehearse more stuff on the road.

But, as I said it's not just as simple as quitting ETS. I have tons of music news sites in my facebook feed that like to ruin tours as they unfold. I got the most recent TOOL tour spoiled that way. I even went out of my way to unsubscribe to a tool fan YouTube page that always has updates and live videos of the tour on it (I still haven't remember to re-sub to that channel lol). But, as the TOOL tour unfolded (and my show was literally one of the last), updates kept flooding in. It's in the headlines too, so you can't hide from it... "Tool busts out Eulogy for the first time in 15 years at Fairfaix" Kind of shit... and then you're like "fuckers!!" and then your show comes, and you're just sitting there wondering where Eulogy is the whole show... and it doesn't even come up, cuz they only played it at that one show.

So, avoiding setlists used to be a lot easier than it is these days. You'd have to turn off the whole internet while you waited for a concert, and I'm not gonna do that.

witte
10-25-2017, 03:57 PM

As mentioned in another topic, there are some rumours going around. There’ll be more soon ;)

Haysey_Draws
10-26-2017, 03:52 AM
There’ll be more soon ;)

The word 'soon' should be banned on this site :rolleyes:

witte
10-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Hellfest (Fra) seems to be confirmed. :) june 22-24 (http://www.radiometal.com/article/hellfest-2018-francis-zegut-evoque-presence-de-divers-groupes,280239)

JessicaSarahS
10-27-2017, 12:25 PM

I've been away from ETS for a while and it really worked in my benefit for these last couple of NIN shows. I went into the shows with zero knowledge of the stage setup, setlists, even some of the songs were completely new to me. I was completely blown away with everything and I feel like my NIN fandom was renewed. :o

I do tend to keep away from tour spoilers for another band that I closely follow and it does really go a long way into making everything a much more enjoyable experience. It takes some restraint, but it's worth it.

bobbie solo
10-27-2017, 12:55 PM
French people: tell me about Hellfest. I see 3 day passes are now sold out, but I have zero interest in that regardless. Do they sell individual day passes later? Or do I need to look on the secondary market? If NIN is playing this (along with possibly Maiden!!), my wife & I will gladly spend our anniversary in the French countryside. Not a bad country to watch the World Cup in as well.

implanted_microchip
10-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

Sister Midnight
10-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Well, that's my birthday week, so I'm already trying to rationalize celebrating by flying across an ocean to see a band I've already seen 5 times. Depending on how extensive their European dates end up being I might have to strongly consider it, especially since I've never been abroad.

I'd love to go to Europe and seeing NIN on top of that would be awesome. I say do it.

ManBurning
10-27-2017, 02:10 PM
I've never been to Europe, and always wanted to go, so if NIN do have some European shows in 2018, that could be the kick that finally makes me book a trip over there. Was already eyeing checking out a summer festival there this coming year. Depending on lineups of course.

Don't look at it as traveling to see a band you've seen xx number of times, look at it as traveling to see the world and a NIN show just happens to fall in line with when you wanted to go. :)

Deepvoid
10-27-2017, 06:23 PM
NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

chuckrh
11-02-2017, 04:27 AM
i really hope NIN cuts back on the festival shows & does more stand alone. not a fan of festivals. i'm older than dirt & have some physical limitations that don't allow me to really go to festivals. + you tend to get shorter sets etc. the hesitation marks show i saw in 2013 was stunning although they were even better in vegas last month. really liked the band lineup this go around.

implanted_microchip
11-02-2017, 10:58 AM
I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.

icklekitty
11-07-2017, 06:00 AM
I think when it comes to Europe festivals are a market that makes sense and the 2017 dates have been warming up, getting back into the swing of things, seeing if they really want to commit to more dates, and it's pretty obvious they've had a blast on them. It was a smaller commitment than a full tour and allowed for lots of surprises, extra events and additional shows without all of the pressure of a big, never-ending stretch of consecutive dates. I think there'll be a lot of headlining solo shows this next year.

Agree - festivals are financially stable and allow them to book mid-week solo gigs along the way. Also the arena tour they did in Europe last time was massively undersold so I'm hoping for more sensible venue choices - e.g. a bigger venue in Germany than in Norway!

Ash512
11-07-2017, 03:33 PM
NIN at Rockfest 2018 in Quebec. I'm calling it now.

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

Deepvoid
11-07-2017, 04:35 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

I hear you. I'd prefer seeing them at Osheaga or their own show but I have a feeling Rockfest is gonna snag them.

ManBurning
11-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.

bobbie solo
11-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Rockfest was a gongshow. I did it this year, it was out of control. Don't think I would do it again. Not even for NIN. I hate festival shows at it is, NIN at rockfest is asking for trouble.

what was bad about it? Too crowded?

ManBurning
11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
what was bad about it? Too crowded?

It was incredibly crowded. The site isn't big enough for the amount of foot/car traffic the festival has grown to, but more importantly the crowd is very rowdy. Probably the worst crowd I have ever been in, and I have been to festivals all across Canada, USA and Australia as well. It was violent. People there were legitimately out to hurt people.

My girlfriend and I walked away with like 10-15 visible bruises all over and she got her clothes ripped off.

The site was a disaster as well, nothing but "woodstock mud" throughout the whole site. We destroyed our hotel room by tracking mud in, I feel bad for the cleaning staff.

For comparison, we were just at Aftershock in Sacramento last month. Walked away without a single scratch. Was such a night and day experience. Hardly anyone moved at Aftershock. Everyone respected each others space.

As far as festivals go, the aftershock crowd was probably one of the better ones I have been in.

virushopper
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?

witte
11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Hellfest (Fra) seems to be confirmed. :) june 22-24 (http://www.radiometal.com/article/hellfest-2018-francis-zegut-evoque-presence-de-divers-groupes,280239)

5 bands announced. still no NIN. :(
edit: i cannot imagine NIN playing at a pure metal festival like this, by the way. we'll see.

NotoriousTIMP
11-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Anyone think NIN might do Cal Jam next year?

If they do then you can count me in. I went to CalJam this year and even though I hate festivals, I'll go to see NIN.

ekrekel
11-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.

streetman
11-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Well the poster doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy about a one off Texas Show before Houston next month.

Yeah, that sucks.

m0reta
11-17-2017, 09:49 AM
I guess that means another promotional showing at a local record store. WOOO!!

David Prado
11-20-2017, 05:15 AM
Just confirmed. NIN in Spain . Mad cool festival.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPEek2yU8AE_mky.jpg

icklekitty
11-20-2017, 05:24 AM
The last time I saw NIN in Madrid in July it was 48c. That lineup though...

niggo
11-20-2017, 05:38 AM
That lineup though...
Seriously. Damn.

I'm kind of losing hope that there will be any other shows other than festivals.

Either way, seriously happy that they're coming to Europe!

fillow
11-20-2017, 07:08 AM
A festival... no me gusta.
Also the timing... I was hoping there'd be some dates to align with my other concert trips next summer (APC in early June and Roger Waters in late August), but this falls right in between.

eversonpoe
11-20-2017, 07:57 AM
The last time I saw NIN in Madrid in July it was 48c. That lineup though...

really wish the US would get on board and use Celsius for temperature like everyone else...i have no idea if that's hot.

Haysey_Draws
11-20-2017, 08:08 AM
really wish the US would get on board and use Celsius for temperature like everyone else...i have no idea if that's hot.

Trust me, that's hot, really hot. We can get summers in the UK that reach 35c and that kills me, not sure i'd survive long in the 40's.

niggo
11-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Fucking hot. Personally, I maybe experienced something like 38 °C or so, and those are incredibly hot days already. Can't imagine 48 °C.

icklekitty
11-20-2017, 10:11 AM

Body temperature is 37c. A cup of tea/coffee is around 70-80c.

Madrid felt oddly comfortable in 48c although the days I was outside all day I did have to keep pouring water over my head.

witte
11-20-2017, 10:24 AM
sweat sweat. now it starts. a surprise show in madrid? yes. holiday planning has started.

der_wahnsinn
11-20-2017, 10:26 AM

It's roughly 118°F. And here's hoping for US dates I can actually go to :D

Deepvoid
11-20-2017, 10:54 AM
For those wondering Montebello Rockfest announced their dates which are June 14-15-16, 2018
Osheaga will likely be August 4-5 or 11-12, 2018.

WorzelG
11-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I’m still wondering if they will play Download on 8-10th June. The next announcement will be the end of the month.

Deepvoid
11-20-2017, 12:07 PM
I’m still wondering if they will play Download on 8-10th June. The next announcement will be the end of the month.

Haven't they announced the headliners yet? Ozzy, Guns and Avenged Sevenfold.
You think NIN would take a supporting slot?

willgaspari
11-20-2017, 12:12 PM
sweat sweat. now it starts. a surprise show in madrid? yes. holiday planning has started.

Yeah, I might have to do this one as well. Lineup is real tasty.

FULLMETAL
11-21-2017, 12:08 AM
I enjoyed my time visiting Spain while following the tour back in aught-seven, but that was in February. I can't imagine attending a festival with that sort of heat.

It will be interesting to see if they do any small club shows around the festival dates. Hopefully, we'll get a plethora of glitch-free, high-definition festival streams as digital souvenirs.

icklekitty
11-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Haven't they announced the headliners yet? Ozzy, Guns and Avenged Sevenfold.
You think NIN would take a supporting slot?

Band-before-last is their usual slot at European festivals.

Hopefully, we'll get a plethora of glitch-free, high-definition festival streams as digital souvenirs.

This would be a really good income generator for them. Say $5-10 per download?

Haysey_Draws
11-21-2017, 02:37 AM
Downloads the only festival i can see them doing in England, i could have seen them doing T in the Park in Scotland but apparently that's taking a break next year with Glasto. Some bands do summer shows at Hyde park but i just can't see NIN being one of them, so unless the Reading and Leeds organisers do some serious groveling, Download's looking like the only real option...

WorzelG
11-21-2017, 04:20 AM
Downloads the only festival i can see them doing in England, i could have seen them doing T in the Park in Scotland but apparently that's taking a break next year with Glasto. Some bands do summer shows at Hyde park but i just can't see NIN being one of them, so unless the Reading and Leeds organisers do some serious groveling, Download's looking like the only real option...
I'm keeping that weekend free, plus the weeks before and after just in case of 'surprise' shows

ChipRock
11-21-2017, 05:59 AM
So on the one hand I'm extremely pleased to see they will actually be coming to Europe next year. On the other I really hope they don't stick to festivals.

I completely understand that it makes sense for bands touring overseas to do the festival circuit, and if we get some streams from them then that'll do very nicely.
But yeah, surely the odd 'indoors' show wouldn't hurt, while they're here? Even if it's a super-small secret show as we've seen in the states then I'll be trying extra hard for a ticket.
Ideal world though - quick one off at Brixton, with Assault setlist. Come on.

Haysey_Draws
11-21-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm keeping that weekend free, plus the weeks before and after just in case of 'surprise' shows

Smart move. I do hope they do a small surprise show here. I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Scala show and it was awesome!

implanted_microchip
11-21-2017, 10:09 AM
So, European dates in the summer, are we thinking US in the spring or the fall?

fillow
11-21-2017, 10:40 AM
So, European dates in the summer, are we thinking US in the spring or the fall?
I'm thinking Performance 2007 Tour redux until proven otherwise.

botley
11-21-2017, 11:15 AM
I wanna hear the new lineup play "Leaving Hope", so more small shows would be great.

implanted_microchip
11-21-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking Performance 2007 Tour redux until proven otherwise.
Trent mentioned more dates at a bunch of the shows in the US this year so it seems unlikely that he would have been hyping up European festival dates to NYC crowds.

Krazy
11-21-2017, 06:56 PM
It’ll be disappointing if NIN sticks to festivals in the US next year. There’s so damn many of them at different times of the year now I lost count a couple years ago.

Feel bad for the euro fans if that’s all they end up getting, even if there are some small secret shows that pop up. Not all of the fans can time that right to attend- much less secure tickets, even if they get a fan code.

Exocet
11-21-2017, 08:06 PM
i will wait for the UK, NIN don't fit in at Download Festival, its a metal festival, I'm worried he might fuck with the audience and do a light sounding set again deliberately, Download is so crap, i don't get the Donnington hype, Ozzfest 2002 was one of the worst things i had to endure, the campsite is next to a runway for a major airport, you can SEE the runway from the campsite, its so loud. sounds like a ww2 air raid every 5 minutes.

i don't mind a festival particularly just as long as the vibe is right, NIN at Reading 2007 were breathtaking, but 2013 was bad....would prefer 2 Brxiton shows or 4 again.

ekrekel
11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
I wanna hear the new lineup play "Leaving Hope", so more small shows would be great.

AATCHB too

chuckrh
11-22-2017, 05:32 PM
i'm not huge on festivals but this year's mad cool festival looks pretty strong. obviously especially NIN. i would be way into seeing massive attack too. & the queens of stone age are usually fun. i'm sure there will be some other good stuff.

botley
11-22-2017, 07:14 PM
AATCHB too

vkgoeswild has that covered:

https://youtu.be/joTT58voi_Q

ekrekel
11-22-2017, 08:58 PM
vkgoeswild has that covered:

https://youtu.be/joTT58voi_Q

I saw the Hotline post that but hadn't been able to watch until now. Well done, it's great to hear someone play it (*ahem T-Rez; dust it off).

botley
11-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Homeboy T-rez should call her up to play Bosendorfer for the Quiet Tracks tour next year, when Ilan is too busy playing timpani made of water bottles or whatever the fuck. Vika is amazing, she could open the show solo — just playing her usual mix of hard rock covers, originals, and classical pieces.

vkgoeswild.com/videos (https://vkgoeswild.com/videos-2/)

vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com (http://vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com)

implanted_microchip
11-24-2017, 12:57 AM
I would fucking love to see this current sleek and aggressive lineup do Sin. That song is really due for a comeback live and still holds up extremely well.

slave2thewage
11-25-2017, 05:17 AM
Been busy with college for the last few days - Madrid is VERY tempting just for NIN and Depeche Mode alone. Holding off though for solo dates.

witte
11-25-2017, 08:58 AM
That 'Mad Cool' Madrid festival is getting an awesome line up (https://madcoolfestival.es/en/line-up.php) more and more: 'At The Drive In' and 'BRMC' are added. It'll be a measure for what will happen on other festivals next year. :)

scardwel
11-26-2017, 09:06 AM
If NIN subbed G n'R at Download it would be just like Wembley '91 again! God I feel old!

Hyperpower
11-30-2017, 12:33 AM
I hope theres presales over at nin.com for whatever UK/US/CAN tour
Ticket prices are the main reason because going to a show can be tough with pricing elsewhere

witte
11-30-2017, 10:14 AM
my contact told me yesterday nin won't play at a festival in the netherlands next summer (they come to europe, because 'mad cool madrid' is confirmed). they even don't want to play in a venue in the netherlands when the concert agency asked.
i predict they only will do festivals in europe around june/july with maybe one or two surprise gigs in a small venue (london/paris). so, no venue tour in forehand.

JMB-GNR
12-01-2017, 02:12 AM
my contact told me yesterday nin won't play at a festival in the netherlands next summer (they come to europe, because 'mad cool madrid' is confirmed). they even don't want to play in a venue in the netherlands when the concert agency asked

That's a real bummer. Was hoping to see the band in Holland again, now hoping they'll play Rock Werchter or another festival close to our country

witte
12-01-2017, 02:26 AM
Rock Werchter has a good chance for sure. But it's not my festival. Only 3 stages and too big. We'll see.

Mad Cool Madrid just confirmed Pearl Jam and others (yesterday already). An one week holiday around Madrid next year is getting more and more realistic for me. Pre-sale starts next tuesday.

witte
12-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Rock Werchter has a good chance for sure. But it's not my festival. Only 3 stages and too big. We'll see.

Mad Cool Madrid just confirmed Pearl Jam and others (yesterday already). An one week holiday around Madrid next year is getting more and more realistic for me. Pre-sale starts next tuesday.
I bought two -3 days tickets- (https://madcoolfestival.es/en/index.php) this morning for a reduced price (first 12000 buyers pay 155 euro with service fees).
We will plan this festival together with a holiday around Madrid during that period.
NIN is scheduled on the last day (the saturday).
Hopefully they intend to arrange a surprise gig in a small venue in Madrid on sunday :) --wishful thinking--

simonn
12-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Was just considering whether to venture to Madrid to this. Here's the splits between days - they're not even the band before last - but having Depeche Mode and QOTSA after them isn't too shabby, and BMRC before them would be great too!!

http://madcoolfestival.es/index.php

theimage13
12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Homeboy T-rez should call her up to play Bosendorfer for the Quiet Tracks tour next year, when Ilan is too busy playing timpani made of water bottles or whatever the fuck. Vika is amazing, she could open the show solo — just playing her usual mix of hard rock covers, originals, and classical pieces.

vkgoeswild.com/videos (https://vkgoeswild.com/videos-2/)

vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com (http://vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com)

Why did I never think of that? One of my other favorite artists literally finds people he likes on Youtube and brings them out on tour with them. VK's work is amazing; I would gladly see her do a 45-60 minute set before a NIN show. C'mon Trent, whaddya say?

Deepvoid
12-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Alex Martel, the man behind the Rockfest in Quebec held a recent Q&A and re-stated that NIN was THE band that he wanted the most to be on his festival.

Lineup will be revealed late-February, early March.

witte
12-11-2017, 12:48 PM
14-16 june Quebec CAN
22-24 june Helfest FRA
That'll be tight. One festival will lose, I think. If Quebec wins, I assume NIN will use july/august 2018 to visit Europe.

ManBurning
12-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Alex Martel, the man behind the Rockfest in Quebec held a recent Q&A and re-stated that NIN was THE band that he wanted the most to be on his festival.

Lineup will be revealed late-February, early March.

Rockfest usually releases their biggest headliner of the festival at X-mas time as a "gift" to fans. Last year they let Rammstein out of the bag right before X-mas time. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again this year, so we could very well know within the next 2 weeks, at the earliest, if they're going to follow the "x-mas surprise" format they've done the last couple of years that is.

Even if they do get announced at rockfest, I'm gonna skip it. I'd rather hold out for an actual NIN headlining tour/show instead of another festival for 2018. Seen NIN at too many festivals, not my cup of tea.

Deepvoid
12-11-2017, 03:11 PM
14-16 june Quebec CAN
22-24 june Helfest FRA
That'll be tight. One festival will lose, I think. If Quebec wins, I assume NIN will use july/august 2018 to visit Europe.

Considering that they are doing Mad Cool which on July 12-13-14, I could see them doing the Rockfest as a warm-up show for a string of festivals in Europe during July and August.
OR
Evenko snags them for Osheaga in Montreal mid-August.
Evenko and Rockfest's organizer are competitor.

iamclassic
12-11-2017, 11:15 PM
IAMX will release tour Wednesday , maybe they are opening for NIN. Wishful thinking.

Deepvoid
12-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Just announced Aerodrome Festival in Prague June 28-29-30.
I don't see them doing Hellfest with current lineup already announced. I might be wrong though.

Kid A
12-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Just announced Aerodrome Festival in Prague June 28-29-30.
I don't see them doing Hellfest with current lineup already announced. I might be wrong though.

Lol @ that lineup so far

fillow
12-12-2017, 09:32 AM
That Prague lineup is pretty bad.

curbes
12-12-2017, 09:38 AM
That Prague lineup is pretty bad.

sure..:(
It is 50 km from Prague in Panensky Tynec (hole) and looks like only 3 days ticket (around 167 USD) for sale:(....
I pray for Vienna, Budapest,... concert

witte
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
I predict, next confirmation will be: Rock Werchter 5-8 july!

icklekitty
12-12-2017, 09:49 AM
I predict, next confirmation will be: Rock Werchter 5-8 july!

Just came to post that! It's perfect dates wise and geographically.

Now to predict where the mid-week solo shows may be....

witte
12-12-2017, 09:52 AM
I really, really hope they will do the kick-off EU tour in a small venue in London -mid june-

fillow
12-12-2017, 09:55 AM
I really really hope there's something in early June, since I'm going to see APC in Stockholm and would be better to make a single trip rather than several.

WorzelG
12-12-2017, 09:57 AM
I really, really hope they will do the kick-off EU tour in a small venue in London -mid june-
if they do I hope it’s Brixton academy sized. Those Scala tickets were impossible to get even in a presale

Deepvoid
12-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Question is ... will Fred Durst come and sing Closer with NIN in Prague!

FULLMETAL
12-12-2017, 12:10 PM
This is the second announced festival date for 2018, but the live section for NIN.com hasn't been updated since October.

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25152183_10155801009851221_8096303785596231821_n.j pg?oh=78a8859aeeddc88a6eb15bcbffda4957&oe=5A8DC4AA

witte
12-12-2017, 12:55 PM
This is the second announced festival date for 2018, but the live section for NIN.com hasn't been updated since October.

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25152183_10155801009851221_8096303785596231821_n.j pg?oh=78a8859aeeddc88a6eb15bcbffda4957&oe=5A8DC4AA
They listened to ye. It's up! (http://www.nin.com/live/)
Now please, we want the update here: 'upcoming NIN shows'. Mr TheBang

ManBurning
12-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Surprised to see festivals popping up. I thought TR was done with festivals after the 2017 ones and wanted to branch out and do headlining NIN shows.

This worries me a bit that it's just going to be more festivals and that's it. What does everyone else think?

BRoswell
12-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Surprised to see festivals popping up. I thought TR was done with festivals after the 2017 ones and wanted to branch out and do headlining NIN shows.

This worries me a bit that it's just going to be more festivals and that's it. What does everyone else think?

I don't recall him saying that they were done with festivals, just that next year would be more of a normal touring schedule for them. Previous tours have included festival stops, so I don't see how this one will be any different.

witte
12-12-2017, 01:42 PM
This is what he said a couple of months ago:
“Trent Reznor revealed how Nine Inch Nails will change their touring model in a new interview with Zane Lowe. Alternative Nation transcribed his comments.

“Our plan had been to do some touring next year and kind of pivot Nine Inch Nails from being a band that tours for a year and a half to two years at a time, that then disappears for several years, into one that might do a reasonable amount of shows a year, see how that works for the next bit of time. That plan was supposed to start next year, and some offers came in, and we all kind of looked at each other without deeply thinking it through and said, ‘Let’s play some shows this year.’

It’s just instincts. It seemed like it would be fun, it seemed like when I imagined myself on stage again with new material that we have to play as well, it seemed like something that felt uncomfortable and it felt exciting, so that was reason enough to do it.”

He also discussed writing “Less Than” and if it was influenced by knowing he would be returning to the stage soon.

“When I’m in record making mode, I’m really just out to serve that master, and pursue that vision and see what happens. It usually creates more of a burden when the record’s finished, and live time comes up, figuring out how to translate that into a live environment.”

bobbie solo
12-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Almost no band can be done with festivals nowadays. It's the safest way for alot of bands to make money.

SchwarzerAbt
12-13-2017, 03:08 AM
There will be headline shows too: https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/940868912073330689?s=08

niggo
12-13-2017, 03:11 AM
FUCK YEAH. I hate the Zitadelle, but I'm incredibly happy that there will be headline shows. I'll be there!!

curbes
12-13-2017, 03:31 AM
There will be headline shows too: https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/940868912073330689?s=08

Better choice than Aerodrome Festival, I think..

Haysey_Draws
12-13-2017, 03:34 AM
If they do a Birxton show i'll be happy, otherwise i'll take the O2.

JMB-GNR
12-13-2017, 03:53 AM
First Headline Show Announcement for 2018. Berlin. Zitadelle. 2nd July. Tickets on sale this Saturday, 16 December at ticketmaster.de.
https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/940868912073330689

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ6UbvRW0AAWNTz.jpg

ManBurning
12-13-2017, 04:14 AM
why release them one at a time like this, just drop a load of dates on us at once! lol.

witte
12-13-2017, 05:00 AM
“First headline show”
I love that line. There will be more....

icklekitty
12-13-2017, 05:21 AM
Do you think the days of nin.com presale are over?

I'm gonna be in London for the week of February 18. Hopefully, they book something in the area during that week.

It seems highly unlikely for them to come to the UK 4-5 months before they visit the rest of Europe.

slave2thewage
12-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Time to brush up on my Deutsch.

fillow
12-13-2017, 06:21 AM
^^

The only thing anyone really needs at NIN show in Germany:

https://ninblogs.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/kugelsack-778432-778490.jpg

Haysey_Draws
12-13-2017, 06:26 AM
I'm gonna be in London for the week of February 18. Hopefully, they book something in the area during that week.

I think you might be our of luck, looks like they'll all be summer onward (to match any festivals)
Still hope you enjoy your time here, it's raining right now...it's always raining.

Deepvoid
12-13-2017, 06:27 AM
Hahaha! I had just woken up when I posted. I read the date as February 7.

Fuck!

niggo
12-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Time to brush up on my Deutsch.

Not trying to be a kill-joy, but if you want to travel to a different country to see NIN you should definitely wait for other dates.

In 2014 the Zitadelle crowd was incredibly casual, people were talking throughout the whole show (some even turned their back to the stage) and the setting was mediocre at best. It starts pretty early and since it's open-air the whole show takes place in broad daylight and people don't really loosen up. It's kind of like a festival, but worse. I don't get why so many great artists go there (QOTSA played there, APC will play there too).

Again, I'm trying really hard not to complain too much, but IMO the Zitadelle sucks. A buddy of mine saw Massive Attack there and said the same thing. Just wanted to give you a heads-up.

peter
12-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Does anyone know where the artist presale is taking place? is there a special login on Nin.com?

niggo
12-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Does anyone know where the artist presale is taking place? is there a special login on Nin.com?

I believe that's not happening. They're just linking to ticketmaster.de.

slave2thewage
12-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Not trying to be a kill-joy, but if you want to travel to a different country to see NIN you should definitely wait for other dates.

In 2014 the Zitadelle crowd was incredibly casual, people were talking throughout the whole show (some even turned their back to the stage) and the setting was mediocre at best. It starts pretty early and since it's open-air the whole show takes place in broad daylight and people don't really loosen up. It's kind of like a festival, but worse. I don't get why so many great artists go there (QOTSA played there, APC will play there too).

Again, I'm trying really hard not to complain too much, but IMO the Zitadelle sucks. A buddy of mine saw Massive Attack there and said the same thing. Just wanted to give you a heads-up.
Ah, it's gonna be a bit of a vacation. Trying to get a hold of one of my best friends to convince him to come along - he's a NIN fan, but not on OUR level - so it would be an extended weekend in my fave city with a bunch of my fave people. Too good to turn down.

SM Rollinger
12-13-2017, 07:32 AM
^^

The only thing anyone really needs at NIN show in Germany:

https://ninblogs.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/kugelsack-778432-778490.jpg
Its Cocklike ARG???

implanted_microchip
12-13-2017, 08:30 AM
I’m thinking Europe over the summer, North America in the fall. I’d love to be wrong and get some spring dates though — I’m dying for another show after how good Riot and Panorama were.

SM Rollinger
12-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Riotfest was sick, hopefully i can meet some of you folks next show.

witte
12-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Do you think the days of nin.com presale are over?
There'll only be NIN.com presales when they do special announcements/surprise gigs. My thought...

ManBurning
12-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I think you might be our of luck, looks like they'll all be summer onward (to match any festivals)
Still hope you enjoy your time here, it's raining right now...it's always raining.

I know the feeling... It's always raining here too. But, hey... better than snow!

I'm not a seasoned European traveler by any means (and by that, I mean I've never been there, lol), but if one was to consider going, what country's would you recommend killing 2 birds with one stone by checking out/seeing a NIN show at the same time.

I'm contemplating going over for something if the timing/price is right. That's kinda why I want them to just unload all the dates at once to see if this is feasible. Maybe I can make it worth it and hit up a few shows/country's together.

I’m thinking Europe over the summer, North America in the fall. I’d love to be wrong and get some spring dates though — I’m dying for another show after how good Riot and Panorama were.

I hear ya man, seeing NIN live is a terrible addiction. 1 show turns into 17 shows, and they're never enough.
I hope they tour NA in 2018. I hope the festivals we got this year aren't all we're getting in terms of shows.

bobbie solo
12-13-2017, 12:59 PM
This rules. My wife and another couple just bought our tix for these guys July 5th in Berlin at Waldbuhne:

https://i1.wp.com/www.testspiel.de/wp-content/uploads/pear_jam_europa_tour_2018-e1512115699391.jpg?resize=640%2C400

So now we'll just make sure to start the trip a few days earlier and catch the NIN show too! Can't wait to be up at 4am for the tix this Saturday though uuugggghhhh

bobbie solo
12-13-2017, 01:00 PM
and as far as the crowd sucking at this venue, I would say that means we should all try and get as close as possible to the stage. The closer you are, the less likely you get the types of people referred to. Plus, then it's also loud enough that it won't matter for alot of the songs played.

SchwarzerAbt
12-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Maybe it's not perfect for concerts. But it sure is a cool location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandau_Citadel?wprov=sfla1

It looks like I will be able to go there with my wife. 😎

FULLMETAL
12-14-2017, 12:06 AM
I just received an e-mail for a NIN.com pre-sale for the upcoming Berlin show. Check your inboxes if you're interested as it starts 10a local time on the 14th.

slave2thewage
12-14-2017, 12:31 AM
No email. Can someone PM me a code? Thanks.

m0reta
12-14-2017, 01:37 AM
The pre-sale code hint: It the rehearsal video's title, no spaces.

fillow
12-14-2017, 02:02 AM
So, what does one need to do to start receiving the presale codes and surprise show announcements like some of ya'll? Register at the nin store?

icklekitty
12-14-2017, 02:07 AM
So, what does one need to do to start receiving the presale codes and surprise show announcements like some of ya'll? Register at the nin store?

I got two emails so I think so yeah.

niggo
12-14-2017, 03:01 AM
Oh, nice. Where can I buy those pre-sale tix? Is there a special link?

Edit: Nevermind. Using the code you can buy them through ticketmaster.

niggo
12-14-2017, 03:07 AM
and as far as the crowd sucking at this venue, I would say that means we should all try and get as close as possible to the stage. The closer you are, the less likely you get the types of people referred to. Plus, then it's also loud enough that it won't matter for alot of the songs played.
Yeah, you're right actually. Let's do that!

I'm not a seasoned European traveler by any means (and by that, I mean I've never been there, lol), but if one was to consider going, what country's would you recommend killing 2 birds with one stone by checking out/seeing a NIN show at the same time.
Well, since NIN only targets capital cities I'd say every place they're playing is interesting in some way. Berlin is a great city, too! I'd go for a place where the next city they're playing in isn't too far away so you're able to catch them two or three times. But it's really hard to tell without all of the dates.

houndington
12-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Zitadelle 2014 was fun. It's a cool outside venue with decent sound. I managed to get to the front row so missed out on any of the casual fans and talking others have mentioned :D

Just snagged two tickets for the July show. It's a pisstake that Ticketmaster charged me €34 for delivery to the UK though. Wankers.

ChipRock
12-14-2017, 03:10 AM
Yeah I got an email re Berlin pre-sale too.

If you're going to take a trip to Europe and wanting to catch NIN at the same time I'd definitely suggest Berlin. I don't know anything about crowds for large shows there, but it's a great city to spend time in over the summer. Of course it remains to be seen how many cities will see a proper headline show. I'm hoping for London... just because UK festivals largely suck, in my opinion. Maybe Paris - but then I see there's a Lollapalooza there in July which I guess might suit NIN.

bobbie solo
12-14-2017, 03:19 AM
got two tix for the Berlin show just now. Might end up needing 6, but my friends can't commit atm. Sucks. Venue apparently only holds 3500? Psyched about that. For those of you interested in going, two tix ran 115 euros, plus 2.62 for using a credit card, and then your delivery charges will vary depending where the tix go (up to 35 euros if you delivery outside mainland Europe!!).

niggo
12-14-2017, 03:50 AM
Same, got two tix! :)

By the way, the German ticketmaster newsletter says that it's "an exclusive German show in the Berlin Zitadelle". So, maybe they won't even play a festival in Germany and that's why they play a solo show in a "kind of festival environment".

icklekitty
12-14-2017, 04:11 AM
They played the same venue in 2014 in the middle of an EU arena tour. Which was a bit arse backwards.

witte
12-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Bought ticket.
Fuck them: Always the same story. Ticketmaster.de does not know the option E-ticket.
€17.50 shipping :(

witte
12-14-2017, 05:18 AM
got two tix for the Berlin show just now. Might end up needing 6, but my friends can't commit atm. Sucks. Venue apparently only holds 3500? Psyched about that. For those of you interested in going, two tix ran 115 euros, plus 2.62 for using a credit card, and then your delivery charges will vary depending where the tix go (up to 35 euros if you delivery outside mainland Europe!!).

€115?
Where do you live?
And where did you find the capacity of the venue? I saw some pics and indeed it didn’t look big. I think it’s possitive. Watching them only at festivals will be more crowded.

JMB-GNR
12-14-2017, 05:41 AM
Very tempted to buy tickets to the Berlin show but I've got a GN'R show 2 days later and Rock Werchter the weekend after. My hopes are good they'll be announced soon for Rock Werchter.

dlb
12-14-2017, 06:13 AM

While that is true I managed to get a good view later on with enjoyable people, so I had a blast in the end. The thing I liked most aboutthis particular show was that it was very heavy on the light show and we were treated with some rarely-played songs. Seeing them in London after that was especially nice since this way I saw two very different NIN shows on the same leg of the tour.

But yeah, for me that show is a no-brainer. It's a 4h drive to a city full of friends and some business opportunities for me, having a NIN show there is the icing on the cake. But I hope we will get some more dates in or closely around Germany. :)

dlb
12-14-2017, 06:16 AM
€115?
Where do you live?
And where did you find the capacity of the venue? I saw some pics and indeed it didn’t look big. I think it’s possitive. Watching them only at festivals will be more crowded.

It depends on how they set up the Zitadelle really. Sometimes it looks like a festival with a lot of food stands and places to grab a drink and sometimes they opt for more people. The range for the Zitadelle is 2.000 as a minimum up to almost 10.000 people. Perfect size imho for an open air show IMHO.

chuckrh
12-14-2017, 06:33 AM
if 1 could pull it off, you could go see NIN in berlin then less than a week later see the cure in london. that sounds like a fine week of music to me!

houndington
12-14-2017, 06:35 AM
While that is true I managed to get a good view later on with enjoyable people, so I had a blast in the end. The thing I liked most aboutthis particular show was that it was very heavy on the light show and we were treated with some rarely-played songs. Seeing them in London after that was especially nice since this way I saw two very different NIN shows on the same leg of the tour.

Haha we did exactly the same!

dlb
12-14-2017, 06:39 AM
And I am not surprised they return to Zitadelle as Trent mentioned that he found the view to be quite beautiful in 2014. And it is, although I have to agree that I would love a concert ina closed hall even more. :)

curbes
12-14-2017, 06:55 AM
Bought ticket.
Fuck them: Always the same story. Ticketmaster.de does not know the option E-ticket.
€17.50 shipping :(

34.90 Euro for shipping to Czech republic (neighbour state!!) :(

witte
12-14-2017, 07:03 AM
But yeah, for me that show is a no-brainer. It's a 4h drive .... :)

I think US people here give you a big smiley. For them 4 hours is peanuts. :)

acidpolly
12-14-2017, 07:33 AM
came to ETS for the first time in quite a while to say that ticketbastard.de EATS SHIT and I am not paying 34.90 for paper ticket (??) delivery, which is more than half of ticket price. seriously Germany I always thought you are progressive country but boy I was wrong.

fillow
12-14-2017, 07:52 AM
I guess you all shouldn't have jumped at presale opportunity then? I just checked Eventim.de and they show that tickets go on sale "soon" (doesn't say when). I've bought PDF tickets from them a lot of times with no extra shipping fees. Also tickets at LiveNation go on sale 16-Dec (same story, used them just this year).

acidpolly
12-14-2017, 07:55 AM
interesting. I didn't buy anything, I am not paying this for shipment, no way in hell. thanks for the tips about eventful. ticketmaster replyied to my question that "paper ticket only" is request from the organizers.

bobbie solo
12-14-2017, 11:41 AM
€115?
Where do you live?

I live right outside Manhattan.

And I simply googled the capacity of the venue.

witte
12-14-2017, 11:56 AM
^^115 euro for two ticket is still cheap comparing to what i paid for one including shipping to the netherlands. wtf?

SchwarzerAbt
12-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Just ordered the tickets. Whooooo! 😃

icklekitty
12-14-2017, 01:53 PM
^^115 euro for two ticket is still cheap comparing to what i paid for one including shipping to the netherlands. wtf?

150 euros for two tickets to London.

I wonder why the NIN.com presale is no longer a thing?

bobbie solo
12-15-2017, 01:45 AM
I said 115 euros PLUS the various shipping costs.

dlb
12-15-2017, 02:29 AM
I think US people here give you a big smiley. For them 4 hours is peanuts. :)

Hehe that's why I said it's a no-brainer. I just have to do this and not wait for a show in Munich. And like I said, Berlin is full of opportunities so the show is just the icing on the cake. :)

Kid A
12-15-2017, 09:12 AM
http://www.eurockeennes.fr/

icklekitty
12-15-2017, 09:41 AM
NIN in the Friday. Leaves room for another festival that weekend. And a possible route map to speculate midweek solo shows.

WorzelG
12-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Any chance they may be doing Wireless Festival in London Finsbury Park that weekend? I don’t really know anything about it. It’s a Live Nation thing

Haysey_Draws
12-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Any chance they may be doing Wireless Festival in London Finsbury Park that weekend? I don’t really know anything about it. It’s a Live Nation thing

Considering it's previous years and that it has strong support Capital Radio and Capital Xtra...i'd say probably not. It's defiantly a more mainstream "top 40 hits" festival these days. I could wrong...

witte
12-15-2017, 10:48 AM
As I said earlier: Rock Werchter that weekend makes more sense. Now they're doing this festival in France, I think this theory fits.

NIN in the Friday. Leaves room for another festival that weekend. And a possible route map to speculate midweek solo shows.
Oh, a solo show in Luxembourg Rock Hall ;)

WorzelG
12-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Considering it's previous years and that it has strong support Capital Radio and Capital Xtra...i'd say probably not. It's defiantly a more mainstream "top 40 hits" festival these days. I could wrong...
Ha yes I just checked previous line-ups and i think you're right. I honestly hope they don't bother with festivals here and play some headline shows, maybe in london, manchester, glasgow and dublin.

curbes
12-16-2017, 03:35 AM
I guess you all shouldn't have jumped at presale opportunity then? I just checked Eventim.de and they show that tickets go on sale "soon" (doesn't say when). I've bought PDF tickets from them a lot of times with no extra shipping fees. Also tickets at LiveNation go on sale 16-Dec (same story, used them just this year).
Try to buy tickets to Berlin on Enventim.de..and shipping to Czech republic 34.90 Euro too! No etickets:-(...

witte
12-16-2017, 03:38 AM
As mentioned here by someone else, the booking agency made that rule. :(

curbes
12-16-2017, 03:40 AM
please is some website where I can buy Berlin e-tickets or tickets with reasonable shipping price??

fillow
12-16-2017, 06:44 AM
Livenation tickets are the same. Who fuck doesn't offer e-tickets in the year 2018??

witte
12-16-2017, 06:45 AM
please is some website where I can buy Berlin e-tickets or tickets with reasonable shipping price??
if you have a german (ets-fb) friend, maybe (s)he can help you. shipping to german is cheaper.

Haysey_Draws
12-16-2017, 06:49 AM
Ha yes I just checked previous line-ups and i think you're right. I honestly hope they don't bother with festivals here and play some headline shows, maybe in london, manchester, glasgow and dublin.

Honestly, given what festivals are left, i'm not sure they will. Glasto and T in the perk aren't happening, They're not at Download, and most of the other festivals are just not a good fit (if they do Reading and Leeds i'll eat my hat!) i'm OK with that, as long as we get a couple of decent sized shows around the UK like you mentioned.

icklekitty
12-16-2017, 07:13 AM
There aren't any midweek festivals and it would be a waste of money/time for the band and crew to sit around doing nothing for those dates..

notsoprettynow
12-16-2017, 04:40 PM
hey to anyone:

please DONT order your papertickets @ ticketmaster (for the berlin-show) if you are from abroad, if it costs you something like 40 euro for shipping.
even eventim.de is about 35 euro worldwide, but they have "fanticket"-hardtickets including artwork, in case you care about something like this.

as far as the shipping goes, I checked:

koka36.de -> 10 euro inside EU plus Ukraine and even the U.S.
dodotickets.de -> 7 euro within EU (yes, this includes UK ... for now)

both (more or less) local regular indie-ticket-stores in berlin, doing their job. please support them and buy your tickets there. of course you also have the pickup-option at their shops as well.
you can even email them or give them a call if you have any questions.
"koka36" = berlin-kreuzberg (a punkrock-legend, downtown kreuzberg, oranienstrasse), "dodotickets"= nice recordstore "dodo beach", berlin-schöneberg (david bowie used to live in this district, in the late 70s, doing "low", "heroes" and "lodger". there is a memorial plaque). so if you'd pay upfront you could even visit some cool places in berlin and pick up the tickets WITHOUT any extra-shipping-fees.

TheBang
12-17-2017, 06:08 AM
The festival shows subsidize the massive costs for traveling over there, and allow them to do the headlining shows in-between.

why release them one at a time like this, just drop a load of dates on us at once! lol.
Festivals want to announce their lineups in a controlled manner on their timeline. If NIN publishes their whole schedule of headlining shows, people might be able to fill in the blanks in the schedule to determine what festivals NIN will be attending, before those festivals are able to make their announcement. Once more of the festival dates start to fill in, we should see the headlining shows start to be announced, once their announcements would give less away about potential festival appearances that aren't yet announced.

streetman
12-17-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm really hoping there's assigned seating for some of these headline shows in 2018. Trying to get a good spot in a pit situation is exhausting.

streetman
12-17-2017, 11:05 AM
The festival shows subsidize the massive costs for traveling over there, and allow them to do the headlining shows in-between.

Festivals want to announce their lineups in a controlled manner on their timeline. If NIN publishes their whole schedule of headlining shows, people might be able to fill in the blanks in the schedule to determine what festivals NIN will be attending, before those festivals are able to make their announcement. Once more of the festival dates start to fill in, we should see the headlining shows start to be announced, once their announcements would give less away about potential festival appearances that aren't yet announced.

What's your guess as to when the US shows will be announced?

TheBang
12-17-2017, 05:30 PM
What's your guess as to when the US shows will be announced?
Hard to say. The Europe tour will probably be 1-1.5 months. There's enough time before or after that to do amphitheatre venues either in the late spring or late summer, but that'd be a lot of continuous touring, which I think he's trying to avoid. Otherwise, they could do arenas even earlier in the spring (though there's not much time left for ticket sales for that) or later in the fall. If I had to guess, I'd probably put money on a fall arena tour. There's also an outside chance they could do a club tour, but I doubt it.

somewhat_
12-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Hard to say. The Europe tour will probably be 1-1.5 months. There's enough time before or after that to do amphitheatre venues either in the late spring or late summer, but that'd be a lot of continuous touring, which I think he's trying to avoid. Otherwise, they could do arenas even earlier in the spring (though there's not much time left for ticket sales for that) or later in the fall. If I had to guess, I'd probably put money on a fall arena tour. There's also an outside chance they could do a club tour, but I doubt it.

Spring club tour please. Honestly, I think we’ll have a better idea once Coachella is announced. If they are on the lineup they probably are doing at least a short spring US tour. If they aren’t on the lineup I think the fall is more likely.

sick among the pure
12-18-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm really hoping there's assigned seating for some of these headline shows in 2018. Trying to get a good spot in a pit situation is exhausting.

They did that for NIN/SG and literally everyone I heard talking about it HATED IT. Probably most because we didn't get to pick the seats, we bought what was listed as "GA PIT" and showed up the day of to get tickets with individual seat numbers listed and a "pit" full of anchored down chairs.
If you don't want to deal with the pit, get seats, but don't ruin the pit for those who want to be able to move more than half an inch when MOTP starts up.

streetman
12-18-2017, 02:45 PM
They did that for NIN/SG and literally everyone I heard talking about it HATED IT. Probably most because we didn't get to pick the seats, we bought what was listed as "GA PIT" and showed up the day of to get tickets with individual seat numbers listed and a "pit" full of anchored down chairs.
If you don't want to deal with the pit, get seats, but don't ruin the pit for those who want to be able to move more than half an inch when MOTP starts up.

Heard the exact opposite from people who went to the 2014 show. They said they had seats and had their own space to move around without others getting in their way and it was great.

halo eighteen
12-18-2017, 02:45 PM

Wow, some venues were sold as GA Pit and then did that? The Detroit show was definitely pulling up seats from the get go. I remember getting BBB to pull up, thinking it was second row and was very pleased to find out there wasn't even an AAA. That's false advertising to lead people into thinking it's GA.

sick among the pure
12-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Heard the exact opposite from people who went to the 2014 show. They said they had seats and had their own space to move around without others getting in their way and it was great.

Probably because I am still one of those guys who gets there super early, hangs with "pit people" all day in line, then enjoy walking in and being able to go anywhere I want depending on the stage setup and how the crowd's feeling that show. I didn't hear one person happy about the pit being seats (and assigned seats, at that), of the few shows I went to that tour, everyone was pissed.

Wow, some venues were sold as GA Pit and then did that? The Detroit show was definitely pulling up seats from the get go. I remember getting BBB to pull up, thinking it was second row and was very pleased to find out there wasn't even an AAA. That's false advertising to lead people into thinking it's GA.

Yeah, the NJ show was actually sold as PIT GA and we were handed tickets with randomly assigned seats (most groups of tickets that were bought together were sat together, some were not). We were excited about potentially getting the only actual pit show of the entire tour, just to find out they were randomly assigned seats. That's the furthest back in the pit I have ever been, and it wasn't worth the cost difference between there and the regular seating that started one row back (actually, because of the shape of the seated area vs pit, I would have had a better view because they're raised above the pit). It was an amazing show, don't get me wrong, we got the ASSAULT playlist (the first one of the tour, I think) but the seated pit was terrible and all I could think of was that bootleg where Trent tells the pit to pick up their chairs and pass them to the security so they could have a safe open area to enjoy the show.

lowlight10
12-18-2017, 05:49 PM
REALLY hoping for a Barcelona date around July 9!

But running out of time to book our flights (traveling with non-NIN people).

Anybody hearing any rumored dates?

witte
12-19-2017, 04:37 AM
REALLY hoping for a Barcelona date around July 9!

But running out of time to book our flights (traveling with non-NIN people).

Anybody hearing any rumored dates?

They do already Madrid July 14. July 2 Berlin, July 6 Belfort. I predict July 7-8 Werchter. I assume they will do a few north Europe gigs till they go down to Spain.
So July 9 Barcelona, mmm.

curbes
12-19-2017, 05:33 AM
news for Aerodrome fest. - one day tickets available, NIN plays 30.6.

icklekitty
12-19-2017, 06:36 AM

Selling GA and giving out assigned seats instead is a monumentally dick move. You must have been fuming, especially if you didn't realise until you got inside and queued for the show.

lowlight10
12-19-2017, 10:56 AM
Yeah, they seem to be following a similar route to Pearl Jam and I will be in Barcelona for them on July 10. Any date within a couple days would be a huge gift!

They do already Madrid July 14. July 2 Berlin, July 6 Belfort. I predict July 7-8 Werchter. I assume they will do a few north Europe gigs till they go down to Spain.
So July 9 Barcelona, mmm.

suprefan
12-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Not playing Coachella, so now its a matter of when they tour the u.s in the spring.

ManBurning
12-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Are we sure they are even going to tour the US for 2018? Are we just hoping/speculating they do?

implanted_microchip
12-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Are we sure they are even going to tour the US for 2018? Are we just hoping/speculating they do?
Trent said so himself in New York, and I’m pretty sure he mentioned it at other dates as well.

somewhat_
12-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Not playing Coachella, so now its a matter of when they tour the u.s in the spring.

Wait, are you saying they are touring the US in the spring?

streetman
12-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Wait, are you saying they are touring the US in the spring?

Tour in the Spring? I thought NIN starts the tour after the festivals. Have they ever done a US tour then done festivals in Europe after?

streetman
12-20-2017, 09:10 PM

Yeah, he said a few times that the plan was 2018 for a proper tour. I believe it was in one of the Lowe interviews where he says Summer 2018 specifically which is why I'm confused about a possible Spring tour.

halo eighteen
12-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Yeah, unless it's some kind of club tour, we'd probably already have dates by now (unless they were waiting on Coachella announcement which seems unlikely now). I think a late summer/ Fall arena tour is much more likely.

sick among the pure
12-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Club tour, arena tour, spring, summer, fall, as long as NIN headlines shows within a few hours drive I will be happy.
Please no heat of the summer outdoor amphitheater shows, though. I hate playing the "drink enough to not die but not so much that you have to pee all day, also sunblock every 15 minutes" game.

witte
12-22-2017, 01:36 AM
FYI, Alessandro does some gigs in Europe in February. Says something about NIN tour plans early 2018.

KreTafkA
12-22-2017, 08:41 AM
I still have a hope that on 4 of july they will play in Poland at Opene'r Festival :P It is so close to where I live:)

fillow
01-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Come onnn. Where are the rest of the datesssss. Tront!!!!

icklekitty
01-02-2018, 08:47 AM
I've been looking at European festival dates and a map of the continent, trying to work out what route they might take :)

RroseSelavy
01-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Am I alone in thinking that they will play Voodoo Fest this year? They played in 2008 and 2013 and this is the 20th anniversary of the festival and Trent does love New Orleans and Voodoo Fest. I have been a fan for many years and have never had the chance to see them live...so the possibility of them playing is a big part of why I wanna go to the festival This year.

witte
01-03-2018, 05:25 AM
I've been looking at European festival dates and a map of the continent, trying to work out what route they might take :)

I’m curious. Any conclusions/predictions? ;)

icklekitty
01-03-2018, 06:35 AM
There's a Finnish festival that APC are playing in mid-June. There could be a potential route of Scandinavia-Eastern Europe-Prague Festival-Berlin-Benelux-Belfort-Milan/Barcelona-Madrid. But this is my wishful thinking at play too, it could all be nonsense! It's also quite hard to find a comprehensive list of all summer festivals in Europe. The timing of any UK shows bothers me less because I'm already here. I'd like something to force me to visit as many new European countries as possible before The Event.

fillow
01-03-2018, 07:28 AM
It's also quite hard to find a comprehensive list of all summer festivals in Europe.
It was super easy and useful on the old version of last.fm website! Shame that they still haven't reintroduced that feature after the rehash.

somewhat_
01-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Based on no NIN on Coachella’s, governors ball, or Boston callings lineups, I don’t think they are touring the US in the spring.

I would love to be wrong and just see a month long club tour in the spring, but I just don’t see it happening nowadays without at least one festival appearance happening around that time.

implanted_microchip
01-03-2018, 04:47 PM
I’m expecting European dates in the summer, NA dates in the fall. I’d love for some club shows to come up though.

Krazy
01-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Yup, it’s getting too late for a spring/early summer US tour along with the announced Euro dates. Hoping for a late summer/early fall tour now. Already a lot of bands have the spring tour announced with tickets available, can’t be trying to compete with people’s money that’s already spent.

WorzelG
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
The next announcement for Download Festival is January so I have my fingers crossed

ManBurning
01-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Yup, it’s getting too late for a spring/early summer US tour along with the announced Euro dates. Hoping for a late summer/early fall tour now. Already a lot of bands have the spring tour announced with tickets available, can’t be trying to compete with people’s money that’s already spent.

Nah, it can still happen i'm predicting a late March/early April release date for EP3 and then maybe some dates in April/May around the US to warm up before heading off to Europe. I can see it happening. If we don't have an announcement by mid February, then I'd say it's too late.

I think they're waiting for the Montobello rockfest lineup announcement. That festival is mid June. Lineup should be out in Feb. I have a feeling they're on the bill and obligated to wait for that festival to announce first.

As for EP3, if we don't get a spring release, I have full cofidence that it'll drop before the EU tour kicks off.

implanted_microchip
01-06-2018, 08:41 PM
I hope we see some more stuff from TDS come back out again. Reptile never sounded better than at those 2017 shows and songs like The Becoming, Mr. Self Destruct and Eraser next to NTAE material would be insane (not to mention how ridiculously good Burn and Eraser sounded back in 2014).

iamclassic
01-07-2018, 11:13 PM
I hope we see some more stuff from TDS come back out again. Reptile never sounded better than at those 2017 shows and songs like The Becoming, Mr. Self Destruct and Eraser next to NTAE material would be insane (not to mention how ridiculously good Burn and Eraser sounded back in 2014).

I want Reptile to become a show staple though instead of a few one off shows. I love that song so much. I'd love to hear The Becoming, also.

SM Rollinger
01-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Agreeded, of the 4 shows ive attended, i have never seen Burn, Eraser or Reptile live :(

FULLMETAL
01-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Hmm. I really enjoyed Fuji Rock, but I don't think I'll make the trip for SonicMania.

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/953464431010185218/photo/1

Krazy
01-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Not looking good for a US/NA tour, unless it happens in the fall.

Is looking like two straight summers of shitty, money grab festival dates.