PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

Pages : [1] 2

Hula
12-11-2011, 11:03 AM
With the third instalment of the series on its way in March, it's safe to say I'm pretty excited about the Mass Effect franchise. Opinions have been generally mixed when I talk to people about it, though; anyone who has stuck with the first game long enough to clear it either falls into the 'love it' or 'loathe it' camp. True, there are aspects of the first game that brought it down from a perfect 10/10 to an 8—the Mako missions were tedious at times, for starters, and the combat system could be a bit simplistic—but I'm always surprised by the hate this series gets sometimes. It's just the right blend of shooter and RPG, in my opinion.

Here's some gameplay from the third game, aired at the Spike Video Game Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q10u2SIQ4pw

Anybody else waiting with bated breath for the final part to the trilogy?

Thiah
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm soo excited for the 3rd one! This is definitely one of my favorite videogame series of all time. I'm gonna be sad when it ends.

Space Suicide
12-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I can't wait for the 3rd game, nor the multiplayer!

OR THE MULTIPLAYER BETA!

Hula
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm intrigued by what they'll bring to the table with the multiplayer. I liked how they justified it—that the conflict with the Reapers affects people across space and they wanted to capture that with the gameplay. I normally shy away from multiplayer, but it has the potential to be interesting with a game like this.

slave2thewage
12-13-2011, 07:34 AM
We have the first two games in the house, but I've only played the first one (blame Skyrim coming out a week after I picked up Mass Effect 2 and therefore it hasn't left the Xbox since). Is the second one bigger that the first?

Hula
12-13-2011, 10:07 AM
I found it longer. The side quests revolve more around actual missions (delivering things to people across the universe, hunting people down etc) rather than collecting 5 of X and 10 of Y and 400 of Z, so that in itself adds weight to the game. It's still pretty easy to get 100% completion in the second game within a week, though.

Wretchedest
12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I loved the second game! I'm still playing through the first, round 2, with my angry Gothic lesbian character, Lezzy Shephard (as opposed to my goo0die-two shoes blonde black man, Pikachu Shephard). I've been kind of waiting to progress so I can lead right into no. 3. Here's hoping things go well.

Re: Multiplayer, I don't think multiplayer is going to add much to the game. What I don't like about mp in games like this or bioshock or dead space is that it takes the developer's attention away from the narrative, which is clearly the main point of the game. If it was call of duty or halo or something, I'd be saying the opposite. That said, it seems like they've integrated it in an interesting way. But it looks like the game doesn't support local, split screen multiplayer and that might prevent me from enjoying it for what it is.

Also, I noticed that a lot of series mainstays are only going to be included through a limited edition or preorder type deal, and like the Liara DLC, i think this dilutes the legitimacy of an otherwise perfect game. Main and consistent characters aren't something that should be left out of the main package.

Still realy really want to play this.

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
The multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 is squad based missions similar in vain to the main campaign but only in play style only. Characters are customizable (to my knowledge) in the multiplayer but they are not in any way connected to Shepherd or main story. I hear ranking up and experience works well with the story as far as experience goes. Don't hold me to it, rumors people.

Wretchedest
12-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I would just like tobplay with people in the same roon as me.

xmd 5a
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Mass Effect 1 was a better RPG, but Mass Effect 2 felt like more of a classic. I love both games equally. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love to see a return of the miscellaneous planet exploration sidequests from ME1 (along with ME2's more fleshed out, varied sidequests of course).

I don't have much fear of 3's multiplayer detracting to much from the meat-and-bones game proper. BioShock 2 and Dead Space 2's tacked-on multi modes didn't seem to stop the actual games being satisfying single player experiences.

It's rare online multiplayer holds my interest. I just can't get immersed, and I NEED the immersion factor to truly enjoy a game.

Hula
12-17-2011, 05:50 PM
The Mako missions were great in ME1, but it was a shame that the indoor locations were so repetitive. It felt like they did a better job of building playable locales in the second game.

Piko
12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
The Mako missions were great in ME1, but it was a shame that the indoor locations were so repetitive. It felt like they did a better job of building playable locales in the second game.

I hated controlling that thing. Real pain in the ass to control.

Space Suicide
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
US Pre-order Bonuses Revealed

http://www.trueachievements.com/n6940/mass-effect-3-preorder-bonuses-us-only-update.htm

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition of this. Extra 20 bucks for so much. Love it.

Wretchedest
01-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Just got my gothic l;esbian through ME1... ugh, I forgot how awful that thing is. Really a terrible design. Surprised they got to the second one.

But ME2 makes all worth it.

Hula
01-08-2012, 08:23 AM
My brother got me an N7 hoody for Christmas—got the stripe down the right arm and the N7 logo on the right breast. Fucking love it.

Mass Effect 3 marks the first game I've ever really been willing to splash exorbitant amounts to get bonus items. Anybody heard tell of a Collector's Edition for the UK/Europe?

ltrandazzo
01-31-2012, 08:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't wait for this game!

http://youtu.be/Hfvo5ueKJY8

Space Suicide
01-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Demo soon guys!

I beat Mass Effect 2 last week. I'm so horrible at pacing and keeping up with games to beat them ASAP. I started Mass Effect 2 last July and just got aroun to beating it last week.

dolemite
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of this series.

One of my favorite things is that Mass Effect 2 imports the save from Mass Effect and your decisions carry over. There are characters, both major and minor, that do or don't pop up in Mass Effect 2 depending on the decisions that you made in Mass Effect.

I like it that my decisions seem to have decently big effects on the game world across the game series.

Hula
02-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Apparently Mass Effect 3 was a little easier to develop because they didn't have to worry about planning how actions would impact a hypothetical ME4. Word has been floating around (http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/mass-effect-3-saves.html) that we should hang onto our ME3 saves, though; it'd be really, really cool if our choices in the main game series had an impact on any spin-offs or tie-ins BioWare might come out with.

Space Suicide
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
From Dust - Possible DLC?

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/08/mass-effect-3-from-dust-dlc-leaked/

Read and seen it last night but still no news about it on here nor in general from EA (ugh) or BioWare about it.

Also,

iPhone/iPod/iPad App to Sync with Console Game and a Standalone Game App (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mass+effect+3+iphone+app&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEoQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nowgamer.com%2Fnews%2F1237409 %2Fmass_effect_3_hitting_iphone_ipad_via_me_infilt rator_and_datapad.html&ei=vawyT9SFIomItwe71uHkBg&usg=AFQjCNF43MhWlZqF_L3h0EeodOa4cbqqag)

As for my early access code for the demo...it's non-existent. Be sure to download and play the demo guys, it allows you to get in game exclusive items if you have the save file on your console when you begin the actual game itself. Demo is out on Valentine's Day.

I did this (reluctantly) and you should too, more exclusive in game items can be gotten from this game on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/xbox?sk=app_316882578351614

This game is such a money pit and DLC whore it's ridiculous. I find it rather nauseating to annoyance levels everywhere.

Either way, stoked about my Collector's Edition on the 6th. That shit is sold the fuck out, glad I pre-ordered it. This is what pre-ordering is truly for.

Deadpool
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Be sure to download and play the demo guys, it allows you to get in game exclusive items if you have the save file on your console when you begin the actual game itself. Demo is out on Valentine's Day.

I did this (reluctantly) and you should too, more exclusive in game items can be gotten from this game on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/xbox?sk=app_316882578351614

This game is such a money pit and DLC whore it's ridiculous. I find it rather nauseating to annoyance levels everywhere.

Either way, stoked about my Collector's Edition on the 6th. That shit is sold the fuck out, glad I pre-ordered it. This is what pre-ordering is truly for.

Ooh, thanks for the heads-up! Was definitely playing the demo, but that's a nice bonus!

Definitely kicking myself for not pre-ordering the Collector's Edition when it was still in stock. I remember pre-ordering the Collector's Edition for ME2 months in advance, almost by chance while I was getting another game, and thinking "Man, kinda silly I'm pre-ordering so far in advance... not like it'll sell out any time soon." Joke's on me this time! On the upside, I'm saving some loot, and the normal edition will actually look nice on the shelf with the other games. I figure any GREAT DLC will be made available to anyone and won't be 100% exclusive to the deluxe version. On top of that, now that there's the huge/amazing/much deserved "Art of the Mass Effect Universe" book, it kinda makes the art book that comes with the ME3 redundant. Still, I definitely underestimated the popularity of this game somehow.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 3 will be the greatest game ever. All these new videos from Bioware have me ridiculously excited. Also, "fuck you" to anyone who said multiplayer was a bad idea (no one on this board) - the multiplayer looks AMAZING. I wanna fuck shit up as an Asari!! I'm going through Mass Effect 2 again as my bitchy raven-haired, Gina Gerson-look-alike Shepard on Hardcore and having a blast. Wish I started on Insanity though, as it's one of my 3-4 achievements I'm missing.

Also, I'm very, very happy Liara seems to have a major role in 3. She's definitely one of my favorite characters and the Shadow Broker story took her to new heights.

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Demo out tomorrow. Kinda makes me annoyed as I'll play the demo and:

1) Will want more.
2) End up playing a mission or two shortly before release and get stuck playing again shortly thereafter again. Meh.

I'm doing this solely for in-game items. With this so close to the actual release, I wasn't even going to bother to play the demo.

Hula
02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Speaking of doing things solely for in-game items, how's about that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo? I found it so tedious I almost couldn't be bothered to complete it—it only made matters worse when it said I had a whole 45 minutes (oh boy!) to explore the world.

The bonus items it unlocked better be good. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back :P

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Speaking of doing things solely for in-game items, how's about that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo? I found it so tedious I almost couldn't be bothered to complete it—it only made matters worse when it said I had a whole 45 minutes (oh boy!) to explore the world.

The bonus items it unlocked better be good. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back :P

Glitchy piece of shit isn't it? The game itself looks mediocre and generic as far as medieval themed RPGs go.

You unlocked a special set of armor and a launcher. Whoop-pee-ding. Such a junk of a demo and game. I didn't even bother.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
The demo on this is gorgeous. I'm playing it now. The file size is 1.7 GB.

The engine is so smooth (I never played the PS3 ME2 with it) and the sound is phenomenal. Good soundtrack too. I'll talk more about this later.

Hula
02-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Only 93% left to download!

...sigh.

darktemplar007
02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
The combat in this is amazing. It's so buttery smooth I just want to put it on my toast and eat it.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Okay...

The single player missions were fun and just what I expected this game to be like. Amazing graphics, smoother gameplay and a good story (what I've experienced thus far in these two small missions) is going to be solid for a very good gaming experience. To me, this is by far the best and my favorite RPG series ever created. It's excellent.

The multiplayer is hard on the first go around! Difficult enemies and I sense there needs to be good communication between team mates to succeed. The farthest I've made it in multiplayer is Wave 4, with me and two others. I'm a Vanguard and always will be - single player and now multiplayer. Customization is a bit sparse but this is only a demo so any unlockables and options are probably greyed out for the time being. Either way it's fun! If there's any Xbox users that are getting this game (I assume most of you are?) then I'm down for multiplayer sessions with any to all of you. Let me know.

3 weeks.

Hula
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
My one complaint with the combat so far is that if you're moving at all and you tap the button to go into cover, Shepard rolls instead—I died during the demo all thanks to the fact that I couldn't get Shepard to go into cover while her health was low. Not the most intuitive, huh? This is why multi-function buttons are a bad idea.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
My one complaint with the combat so far is that if you're moving at all and you tap the button to go into cover, Shepard rolls instead—I died during the demo all thanks to the fact that I couldn't get Shepard to go into cover while her health was low. Not the most intuitive, huh? This is why multi-function buttons are a bad idea.

Hasn't happened to me but I can see what you mean. Only thing that messed me up was having my biotic power, Shockwave, get activated when in match and my Shepherd charged forward 20 miles away and ended up getting into fire and dying.

Hula
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Hasn't happened to me but I can see what you mean. Only thing that messed me up was having my biotic power, Shockwave, get activated when in match and my Shepherd charged forward 20 miles away and ended up getting into fire and dying.

I'm sorry, that made me laugh <3

The roll in general is not my friend in this game, it seems. Maybe I'm just used to the evasive manoeuvres from Batman: Arkham City but it feels a little stilted to have Shepard rolling in combat. In an ideal world, you'd be able to swiftly roll 'em out of the danger zone and behind shelter, but it seems like it's pretty hit-and-miss whether or not Shepard actually rolls in the direction you want. Then you have to wait for them to recover before you can move elsewhere.

Eh. I'm being a stickler here—I tend to default to pointing and shooting and hiding behind cover as much as possible in games anyway, rather than relying upon dodging and acrobatics, for the simple reason that very few RPGs have intuitive combat controls to begin with; I was just hoping this would flow a little more smoothly, since the overhauled combat system has been praised frequently.

darktemplar007
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Just got through a full multiplayer game, it goes to 11 waves. It gets ridiculously intense. I feel like I am going to get addicted to it, it's leveling system is fun, and the item system (where you buy a pack of random items) hits the same nerve buying Magic cards does with me. I'm an addict. Haven't tried the single player yet, but I love the combat. The dodge is a little iffy to get used to, and I'm really not that great at taking cover, but damn. It's fun.

dolemite
02-14-2012, 11:46 PM

I was given a message as soon as I booted the demo saying that I had unlocked the in-game items for Mass Effect. I don't think you had to play the entire demo. Just boot it up.

Am I wrong here? If so, I'll just boot up the demo for KA:R and let it sit there for 45 minutes while I play skyrim on pc.

Wretchedest
02-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Holding out for the full game. Wouldnt normally do this but...

Deadpool
02-15-2012, 01:46 AM
I was given a message as soon as I booted the demo saying that I had unlocked the in-game items for Mass Effect. I don't think you had to play the entire demo. Just boot it up.

EDIT: I was under the impression that playing the Mass Effect 3 demo unlocked items for the full Mass Effect 3 game. Now it sounds like there's another demo out there that unlocks ME3 stuff. I'm a little confused. Sorry for being out of the loop, but what's going on?

Also, I couldn't access the multi-player part of the Mass Effect 3 demo - something about not having access to the online section. Does anyone know why I might be locked out? Very strange. I played through the single-player demo and loved it, but wasn't allowed to play the multi-player.

Hula
02-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Am I wrong here? If so, I'll just boot up the demo for KA:R and let it sit there for 45 minutes while I play skyrim on pc.

You get one item off the bat for loading the demo and another for completing it; with all of the prompts the demo gives you, though, it was a bit misleading as to how much you had to do to 'complete' it. I made a valiant effort at clearing some of the quests but the H.U.D was so incomprehensible and the combat system so repetitive that I gave up with about 20 minutes to go and took a nap. Apparently, that works too—but you have to go through about ten minutes of gameplay to get to the free-roam segment of the demo in the first place.

EDIT: I was under the impression that playing the Mass Effect 3 demo unlocked items for the full Mass Effect 3 game. Now it sounds like there's another demo out there that unlocks ME3 stuff. I'm a little confused. Sorry for being out of the loop, but what's going on?

You do unlock something via the ME3 demo itself (it seems as if that 'something' is only unlocked once you actually pop the full version of the game in next month, though), but there's a demo for the game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning that, if played prior to ME3's release, will unlock unique armour and a weapon for you. Similarly, I've heard that playing the ME3 demo unlocks something in KoA:R. I have absolutely no intention of finding out what, though, as that game is a PoS.

Also, I couldn't access the multi-player part of the Mass Effect 3 demo - something about not having access to the online section. Does anyone know why I might be locked out? Very strange. I played through the single-player demo and loved it, but wasn't allowed to play the multi-player.

You only get early access to the multiplayer demo if you have Battlefield 3. For everyone else, it opens up on 17th February.

Holding out for the full game. Wouldnt normally do this but...

Oddly, even though the demo rocked my little cotton socks, I'm backing you on this one. It's such a small taster to be given when the game comes out in three weeks—it's like throwing a tiny scrap of food to a fanbase that has been starving for months when they know they're getting a proper meal in a little while and just have to hold out for it...

It might be good for reeling some last-minute converts into the franchise, but for everyone already loyal to the series...well, for me anyway, it just made me impatient to get access to the full thing.

xmd 5a
02-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Despite the kind of weird control quirks (which were present to a degree in 2 anyway IIRC), really enjoyed the demo. The use of the Kinect mic works better than I thought it would (although weirdly taking advantage of it kind of kills my immersion) and the gameplay, RPG elements and visuals seem up to scratch. Can't wait for release day!

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Oddly, even though the demo rocked my little cotton socks, I'm backing you on this one. It's such a small taster to be given when the game comes out in three weeks—it's like throwing a tiny scrap of food to a fanbase that has been starving for months when they know they're getting a proper meal in a little while and just have to hold out for it...

It might be good for reeling some last-minute converts into the franchise, but for everyone already loyal to the series...well, for me anyway, it just made me impatient to get access to the full thing.

I would've preferred not to play the demo but I did for the items I'll evidently be getting. The demo came out so close to release it seems a bit lame to do. The two missions I played in the demo I'll only replay in a short few weeks again anyways. Kind of a waste really. I wish I could keep my level and loadouts in multiplayer when the full game is released but BioWare already stated that won't happen.

Deadpool
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
You do unlock something via the ME3 demo itself (it seems as if that 'something' is only unlocked once you actually pop the full version of the game in next month, though), but there's a demo for the game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning that, if played prior to ME3's release, will unlock unique armour and a weapon for you. Similarly, I've heard that playing the ME3 demo unlocks something in KoA:R. I have absolutely no intention of finding out what, though, as that game is a PoS.

You only get early access to the multiplayer demo if you have Battlefield 3. For everyone else, it opens up on 17th February.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the info, Hula, you rock!

Can't wait to try out the multi-player with my brother. Also, just the teaser for the commercial that's airing during The Walking Dead gave me goosebumps. Fucking Reapers.

dolemite
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
^^^So, I logged back into the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo and I got to the free roam area, and I let my controller sit. My controller went dead at some point, and I turned it back on and talked to a guy with an exclamation point above his head. The game said "You cannot get achievements because you are not connected to EA servers" (or something to that effect), and then it played the ending of the demo video, and put me back at the title screen.

So, do I have to replay this to get the second Mass Effect 3 unlock? ...sounds like I might not get it because I let the controller go dead.

Deadpool
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
After seeing this trailer, I really want a Mass Effect movie in the style of the all-CG Final Fantasy films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks

Yesterday, I think I played the multi-player demo with my brother for a good 3 hours straight, if not more. Wow. Never got so much mileage out of a demo. SO much fun. I didn't even start adding weapon mods yet. This game is going to dominate my life.

Space Suicide
02-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Not too much time left now!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I was very happy when they put this onto the PS3. I am going to get both over the weekend, then eventually get the third game. Man, I have a lot of catching up to do with these three games and all of the Uncharted games!!

darktemplar007
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I was very happy when they put this onto the PS3. I am going to get both over the weekend, then eventually get the third game. Man, I have a lot of catching up to do with these three games and all of the Uncharted games!!
The first one is not on PS3, which really sucks for PS3 owners. :/

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM

Yea :/ I meant to edit that earlier, but didn't. 3 looks pretty sweet as of now.

Space Suicide
02-21-2012, 08:23 AM

Yea :/ I meant to edit that earlier, but didn't. 3 looks pretty sweet as of now.

I wouldn't complain. You're lucky that PS3 got anything. I'm annoyed at the fact GOTY of ME2 with all DLC sans Arrival with new engine was released for PS3.

Jinsai
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm annoyed at the fact GOTY of ME2 with all DLC sans Arrival with new engine was released for PS3.It came out a year later and cost 60 dollars. At the time, you could buy the xbox version + all the DLC for cheaper. What do you have to be annoyed about?

Piko
02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I really should replay the second one. The way things turned out for me was kinda disappointing...

Hula
02-22-2012, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't complain. You're lucky that PS3 got anything. I'm annoyed at the fact GOTY of ME2 with all DLC sans Arrival with new engine was released for PS3.

So you're telling them not to complain for the privilege of being able to play the game at all when you're complaining that you couldn't get the GOTY edition...? :P

I'm assuming everyone's seen the full version of the trailer (yes, the fuller version of the full version of the teaser):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=eBktyyaV9LY#!

Space Suicide
02-22-2012, 06:15 AM
So you're telling them not to complain for the privilege of being able to play the game at all when you're complaining that you couldn't get the GOTY edition...? :P

My sentence sounds like a double standard but PS3 users are lucky BioWare and Microsoft had their previous exclusive agreement annulled so 2 and 3 could be released to the PS3 system. If not, it would've remained an Xbox 360 exclusive series.

I only moan as the engine update was included with their release.

klyrish
02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
I only moan as the engine update was included with their release.
Joystiq reported on the differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of the game and it was determined that, apart from the PS3 version (using the ME3 engine) being all-around brighter, there really was no difference at all.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/digital-foundry-pits-ps3-mass-effect-2-against-xbox-360-original/

Wretchedest
02-23-2012, 10:07 PM
So my friend and I drove all the way to find the blue one indicated here today: http://www.masseffect.com/space/SFO/

We were the last group left looking for it, and nobody was able to get it. The red one is apparently stuck on a cliff and has been determined unreachable.
The whole thing is kind of a wild goose chase. by the time you get anywhere near the landing site, all cell phone reception is gone, so its very difficult to get a map working or anything. Lots of thick brush, etc. Trying again tomorrow...

Space Suicide
02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
So my friend and I drove all the way to find the blue one indicated here today: http://www.masseffect.com/space/SFO/

We were the last group left looking for it, and nobody was able to get it. The red one is apparently stuck on a cliff and has been determined unreachable.
The whole thing is kind of a wild goose chase. by the time you get anywhere near the landing site, all cell phone reception is gone, so its very difficult to get a map working or anything. Lots of thick brush, etc. Trying again tomorrow...

I have determined that promotion as the best or possibly stupidest promotional technique ever. It's absurd and difficult to obtain just for a free Xbox with some neat encasing.

Hula
02-24-2012, 07:37 PM
It's for the game, not the console, isn't it? Or does everyone who tracks down the copies of the games win a console too?

Space Suicide
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
It's for the game, not the console, isn't it? Or does everyone who tracks down the copies of the games win a console too?

It's just the game, I don't know why I said the console. I ended up hearing rumors of a console awhile back. Either way, it's a troublesome thing to obtain.

Wretchedest
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
after 20 hours trying to get the space Mass Effect 2 (http://www.facebook.com/masseffect2)
(mass effect 3) nobody got anything. First package was determined unreachable. a tractor couldn't do it. A 3 hour hike and then 3 hour crawl through thorny, muddy bramble if you have a machete and a crew. then its up a tree. Last night two people got lost looking for it and had to be rescued.

Today we found the other one though. It was just off a beaten path in tree. It wasn't in a tree too high... it was just out of reach. 3 people climbed that tree. One person spent 4 hours up there with sling shots base balls fishing poles... we inevitably broke one of the branches on which it was tangled, and everything fell but the goddamn games.

The game company was there to help use get it down, and they could barely help at all. IGN was there covering it, but we couldn't do it. Youd have to chop that thing down. Allegedly the launch in vegas today was also something o a failure.

Overall a very exhausting and physically painful experience... adventurous. but methinks Electronic Arts (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Electronic-Arts/107598549262585) or BioWare (http://www.facebook.com/BioWare) should really get going on some damage control for some of the people who really broke there backs out there the last two days. I was wading wastte deep in thorns with a machete and a baseball bat... totalled a pair of shoes.... the guy in the tree i think got fired from his job. oh dear.... eventually the property owner kicked us all out.

well there are twenty copies of mass effect north of santa cruz if your a damned super hero.... or ten if your an arborist.

Hula
02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
What a mess this turned out to be! Points for the concept but not so much the execution.

Speaking of which... I've been reading a three-part essay on the aberration that is the first game's interface. The guy who wrote it obviously appreciates the storyline and the actual gameplay, but he has some really valid points on what makes the interface of virtually every screen in the game so damn borked. The ridiculously hampered inventory screens and the galaxy map button commands are probably the parts that hit closest to home for me.

You can read them here: 1 (http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-interface-fail/) | 2 (http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-massive-interface-fail-part-ii/) | 3 (http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-massive-interface-fail-part-iii/)

It's funny—I've never really understood why gamers were so divided on these games 'til I read those articles. Gripping as the storyline might be, the interface could definitely have been a deal-breaker for the best of people. I know it bugged me to the point of giving up for weeks at one point and I probably never would have fallen for the franchise had I not lost internet access for a week and been forced to play ME1 to completion or die of boredom.

Space Suicide
02-26-2012, 01:29 AM
I love vidya games but not that much to get this!

Hula
03-01-2012, 09:28 AM
ATTENTION ETSERS WHO HAVE PRE-ORDERED FROM GAME (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(retailer)): Due to a variety of circumstances involving Game being in a bit of financial trouble etc etc, they will not be honouring preorders for Mass Effect 3, either for the collectors edition or the standard edition. You will get your deposit back if you placed one, but you'll have to go elsewhere if you want the collectors edition before it runs out.

liquidcalm
03-01-2012, 10:40 AM
ATTENTION ETSERS WHO HAVE PRE-ORDERED FROM GAME (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(retailer)): Due to a variety of circumstances involving Game being in a bit of financial trouble etc etc, they will not be honouring preorders for Mass Effect 3, either for the collectors edition or the standard edition. You will get your deposit back if you placed one, but you'll have to go elsewhere if you want the collectors edition before it runs out.

You can get it from Play, Amazon, ShopTo and Zavvi online me thinks. I re-ordered from Play yesterday and used the £5 code Game sent me to pre-order the Silent Hill Collection. Hopefully they won't have gone bust by then! I hear rumors Gamestop will try and take over.. Anyway.. Mass Effect 3! Weee! I can't wait, though I played the demo and now kinda wish I hadn't, not that much happens, it was more I rushed and instantly pre-ordered the N7 edition when I probably should save money...

Hula
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
The dude in GameStop was a dick to me so I went with GameStop.ie for the preorder (and I'll admit the N7 dogtags, however naff they might turn out to be, sweetened the deal a little). In the time between preordering yesterday afternoon and now, GameStop.ie sold out on the Xbox version of the CE. I'm suddenly very glad I decided to fork out for the preorder online :|

I hope everybody who went with Game gets a copy in the end. I'm not mad at Game for what happened but I will admit it's kinda shitty that things turned out this way, especially if people don't even find out about it in time to go with a new retailer.

darktemplar007
03-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Got an e-mail confirmation from Best Buy about my CE being set to ship. So stoked.

Space Suicide
03-04-2012, 10:16 AM
2 days. I'm hyperventilating.

Piko
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Not ready, heh. My last playthrough didn't end so pleasantly. So I've been replaying ME2. Trying to finish where everyone survived.

Hula
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I've been trying to breeze through a second playthrough but I've come to realise this game is like a fine wine—it needs to be sipped in rich mouthfuls, not downed in one go. Trying to get through it again quickly was just making me resent the franchise.

Either way, fd;jilsjgodfj/gihlgf CAN'T WAIT. I think I'm just going to have to go on hiatus from the internet until my copy ships since it'll be so painful to see Americans posting about how blown their minds are :/

Piko
03-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I might go into hiatus from this thread until I finish ME2. I refuse to start ME3 with my barren, old save file. I cringe even thinking about it. But, maybe after I finish ME3, I'll go back and import the other file; with a lot of dead people.

Space Suicide
03-05-2012, 06:08 AM
I was going to do that but I said fuck it. I like the game a lot but this game is a long haul and takes a lot of patience to beat with concise goals. I beat the game once and all DLC minus Overlord. That's good enough for me with an import, even with deaths of some squad members. They weren't ones I used much anyways (Jack, Thane, Tali and Kasumi). Though I must admit, not having Kasumi (even if she's just DLC) or Thane breaks my heart...just a little. I don't like Jack and I never much used Tali. Oh well.

Like I said about replays being long and such, one friend on my friends list has been playing both the first and second game since late December and has beaten them multiple times over and over and over again. That'd be so boring and an overkill for me.

Piko
03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
My main party was Shepherd, grunt, and tali. Out of nowhere, grunt gets picked up by a swarm and dies. Not sure what I did to lose his loyalty. Tali was my lady friend, so she survived, obviously. Only survivors I had were tali, Jacob, garrus, and Katsumi. Overlord was a struggle because of the deaths. I was grateful, however, when I found out that Arrival was solo.

liquidcalm
03-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Only Miranda died in my ME2 play through with all the DLC. I'd be more pissed but by the end of the game I was getting pretty annoyed with her. She was all 'why don't you go be with your BFF, Jack?' and I was all 'sup yo, I was sticking up for both of you!' and she was all 'ner ner ner' so yeah I'm kinda glad I don't have to put up with that, even after I did her loyalty mission. I kinda liked that in ME2 I just did my own thing, some things went bad, some things went good. I want to see how it plays out, its almost missing the point if all you want is the super good ending all the time.

Ax Mr. L
03-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I thought Clint Mansell was supposed to make the soundtrack for ME3, but it seems only 2 tracks of 25 are by Mansell. As a fan of Mansell I was exited to hear he's doing the soundtrack for ME3, but this is just disappointing (the tracks are great, but still).

Wretchedest
03-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Only Miranda died in my ME2 play through with all the DLC. I'd be more pissed but by the end of the game I was getting pretty annoyed with her. She was all 'why don't you go be with your BFF, Jack?' and I was all 'sup yo, I was sticking up for both of you!' and she was all 'ner ner ner' so yeah I'm kinda glad I don't have to put up with that, even after I did her loyalty mission. I kinda liked that in ME2 I just did my own thing, some things went bad, some things went good. I want to see how it plays out, its almost missing the point if all you want is the super good ending all the time.

I TRIED SO HARD to get her killed in my evil gothic lesbian playthrough... I HATE that bitch. But it just wouldn't happen.

Hula
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I thought Clint Mansell was supposed to make the soundtrack for ME3, but it seems only 2 tracks of 25 are by Mansell. As a fan of Mansell I was exited to hear he's doing the soundtrack for ME3, but this is just disappointing (the tracks are great, but still).

Yeah, they kinda misled us there. From very early on it was suggested that Mansell would be in charge of the music and even now, you have to dig around a bit to find out that he's actually only done a portion of it. Lame.

Piko
03-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Just finally got around to playing the demo. Action mode, wtf? Oh well. I know what mode I won't be playing. Excited for tomorrow. And since I highly doubt I'm going to finish ME2 by then, I guess I'll just suck it up and import the other file...

Space Suicide
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I screwed Miranda in my mass Effect 2 playthrough. I'll do it again in 3. Her ass is awesome...like literally. She has a 'donk.

Anyways, I am so stoked for tomorrow. Getting my copy at 10 am asap when Gamestop opens.

Beef of the Sea
03-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Anyone keeping track of the Alliance News Network?

Hula
03-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Anyone keeping track of the Alliance News Network?

Yup! It's a neat idea, but it looks a little out of place on Twitter amid the stream of the people I'm following talking about what they're eating and musicians announcing tours.

Piko
03-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I screwed Miranda in my mass Effect 2 playthrough. I'll do it again in 3. Her ass is awesome...like literally. She has a 'donk.

Anyways, I am so stoked for tomorrow. Getting my copy at 10 am asap when Gamestop opens.

I tried to. Then Jack came along and screwed everything up. Then, suddenly, Tali wasn't so bad of an option.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I tried to. Then Jack came along and screwed everything up. Then, suddenly, Tali wasn't so bad of an option.

I don't like Jack, never did. I found her too sour and ugly as all hell. I'm not upset she died in my ME2 playthrough.

It's 9:26 AM. I'm going to get my copy in around 40 minutes...oh man.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I got it. It's glorious....

Wretchedest
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Hearing LOTS of people can't important the appearance of their shep. What a stupid fucking thing to overlook

Edit: Yeah I could not.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Mine imported just fine and my ME2 Shepherd had a custom face. I changed it to default anyways as I really couldn't stand the way my ME2 Shep looked.

This game is addictive and fun. it's gonna take my life away this month. I'm already Level 6 in Multiplayer and have progressed well in single player. Currently sitting on 120 G thus far.

I can post photos of my N7 collector's edition if anyone is curious what was involved/came in it.

october_midnight
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Do you work/have school? lol. I see you online literally every time I sit down to play haha.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Do you work/have school? lol. I see you online literally every time I sit down to play haha.

Haha. I got lucky this semester. I have classes 2 days a week (Mon and Weds) that span from 8 am to 1:20 PM.

Piko
03-06-2012, 04:23 PM
So how's the multiplayer? Probably going to play single player first, but I'm curious.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
So how's the multiplayer? Probably going to play single player first, but I'm curious.

It's good. Think of Mass Effect and a Gears of War Horde Mode crossover. Fun stuff.

I just beat the From Ashes DLC. Wow. It's got great insight and story points. Definitely should buy it if you hadn't.

dogsipod
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
this blows bawls...can't import my me2 shepard. i used the default face, never saved to the cloud, and played on the ps3. i can pop in me2 and play that game so...wtf.

Piko
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
It's good. Think of Mass Effect and a Gears of War Horde Mode crossover. Fun stuff.

I just beat the From Ashes DLC. Wow. It's got great insight and story points. Definitely should buy it if you hadn't.

Bought the DLC, but have yet to see anything about it. Does it open up a certain point?

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Bought the DLC, but have yet to see anything about it. Does it open up a certain point?

Nah, it's availible right from the get go after you leave the Citadel for the first time and have control of where the Normandy goes. It's on Eden Prime in the Exodus Cluster.

Hula
03-07-2012, 03:42 AM
There's apparently a workaround (http://t.co/Ay8SBKr6) but it's a lot of effort for something that doesn't seem to boast the best results for everyone. Better than nothing, I guess. I'm just hoping they'll patch this by the time of the Euro release.

dogsipod
03-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Wow. Ea wins again.
"Mass effect 3 isn't seeing my mass effect 2 saved game" -me
"Can you load your save game if you insert the ME2 game?"-support
"Yes"-me
"Try deleting your mass effect 2 saved game and playing through again."-support
"....wtf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Space Suicide
03-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Wow. Ea wins again.
"Yes"-me
"....wtf"

That's idiotic as fuck.

As for your troubles, that's baffling why your import isn't working. I know and have read it's a problem for a lot of people but I had no trouble whatsoever and my imported character's face was acknowledged as well. Hopefully BioWare fixes it.

dogsipod
03-07-2012, 06:29 AM
^ I don't have the face problem. That's is what is pissing me off with bioware/EA. They keep telling me it's because I changed my face on mass effect 1 or my saved game is in the cloud. When I tell them I don't have a Xbox it blows their minds and they have no response. What really pisses me off is because they put a unique required code for online play, I can't return or even exchange the game where I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sentient02970
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Wow. Ea wins again.
"Yes"-me
"....wtf"

Nothing about this is good but it really did make me laugh.

ltrandazzo
03-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I was able to temper my frustration about my default face not carrying over with a few things - A) My Shep's face needed a change anyway, because when I made it, I messed up his cheekbones and sank in his cheeks too much. I was able to recreate my Shep pretty easily when I was clicking through the options. Even gave the dude a beard. B) I carried over my Level 30 Sentinel profile and all of my upgrades carried over, including what and how much I used them on. I was giddy about that.

For me, not a HUGE deal that it didn't carry over, though I understand everyone's frustrations. I wouldn't be harsh about it, though.

Piko
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Apparently, all I had to do was exit out of the game for it to work. Derp! It was pretty nifty though. Fella didn't look at all like I was expecting.

Fixer808
03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not familiar with this franchise, and just found out that ME3 is set in Vancouver. I wonder if you can destroy the Roxy...

Wretchedest
03-08-2012, 10:55 AM
A small portion of the game is in vancouver...

Hlgame is super rad so far. Very different experiences for my roomate and i. Weve been playing about the same amount of time and things have been pretty different between our games.

funny how any characters who died in your previous playthroughs are essentially given luke warm repplacements. I noticed a big difference in wrex and wreav but there always seems to be a substitute where there would be a familiar face. Its become something of an inside joke around the house.

october_midnight
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not familiar with this franchise, and just found out that ME3 is set in Vancouver. I wonder if you can destroy the Roxy...

Already checked....you can't lol.

Space Suicide
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
For the record, I HATE Banshees.

Damnit.

The Becoming
03-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Loving the game so far. Only about ten hours in. I don't know if anybody has been keeping up with the news that in order to get the "perfect" ending you have to play multiplayer to increase your Readiness percentage. Not true. Effective Military Strength is the factor that decides which ending you will receive.

Piko
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
But apparently the multiplayer makes some sort of difference to the story, or no?

The Becoming
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
From what I've read in multiplayer you can collect War Assets which are then multiplied and transferred to single player War Assests which then increase your readiness percentage. A post by Jarrett Lee from BioWare explained some things to clarify how Assests and Effective Military Strength works in the game.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/A-note-about-multiplayer-in-relation-to-the-quotperfect-endingquot-9665384-1.html

Wretchedest
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
MP is AWESOME! Too bad for lack of split screen...

Piko
03-09-2012, 09:28 AM
From what I've read in multiplayer you can collect War Assets which are then multiplied and transferred to single player War Assests which then increase your readiness percentage. A post by Jarrett Lee from BioWare explained some things to clarify how Assests and Effective Military Strength works in the game.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/A-note-about-multiplayer-in-relation-to-the-quotperfect-endingquot-9665384-1.html

Nice! I think I'm going to give it a go, over the weekend. I've absolutely been loving the story. Where I left off, shit got serious. Wish I didn't have to work today...

Also,

Nemesis' are bitches

Wretchedest
03-10-2012, 02:11 AM
The endings are... so lazy...

essentially, no matter what you do, almost everybody dies, and so they never really explore what happens to the other characters. I would really like to know. I felt like a lot of the game had you setting up for what would happen AFTER you defeat the reapers. Which races would remain and what the dinamic would look like, and they sadly just ended everything as fast as conceivably possible. Really wierd actually.

Also, in my second playthrough, the one where I killed the rachni queen, you STILL get the choice to have the Rachni join you. I was shocked they were even there. Big disappointment for anyone expecting those decisions to have an impact. This is a really great game heald back by lazy endings and unfulfilled promises... I'm trying my damndest to LOSE with my evil gothic lesbian, and they just aren't letting it happen..

I think ME2 will be rememberred as the best in the series...

adrenalinejunkie
03-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Oh boy, the ending was absolutely atrocious. And I got what was considered the "best ending". So disappointed in what seemed could have been a great opportunity to cement itself among one of the best game series of all time.

Space Suicide
03-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I've heard and read of endings and find it a bit of a surprise but not really.

Sadface.

The Becoming
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Kind of disappointed with the ending. I feel like all the work I put in didn't matter in the end.

Wretchedest
03-11-2012, 04:47 PM
The problem was that we came into the game with this promise that the choices we made were really going to matter.... and they did not. Regardless of those choices you made, the missions you have available and their possible outcomes are all the same in ME3. The only major difference, is that if somebody died in a previous game, they are given a lukewarm replacement, though typically well written characers, it would have been nice to see whole missions close off and others opened up based on those choices, increasing replay value, validating the legacy....

And there's the ending. I didn't have aproblem with the whole people who created the reapers, this is way bigger than you think concept but I did have a problem with the fact that no matter what happens you never get a true epilogue, you never get to find out what happens to all of the characters and societies. I invested in these people, it'd be nice to get a decent resolution... You also can't truly be evil. I tried my damndest to fuck everything up with my evil character and still got a good ending.

What they could have done, and what it felt like they were doing was setting it up so that the societies you choose to save and the choices you make, create a post reaper-war enviornment, so that you shape the galaxy beyond the ending of the game. Of course in some ways you do this, but it's not like because you choose to save the geth and kill the quarians, that there's a new political dichotomy, you know?

While a good game, where it really falls apart is by not fulfilling the promises made for the last five years in any way. Character developement is not as strong, which reminds that for some reason, ashley seems to have given up her whole "I hate aliens" thing for a "I don't trust you because you were in cerberus thing" I think it contradicts her established values. But you realize that they really wanted liara and the virmire survivor in the 3rd game, which is why they left them out as squad members in 2...

Also, I think they overfixed the Sentinel. The class was definitely broken in ME2, but they over compensated here. And vanguards are straight up broken. The whole charge->nova->charge->nova repeat thing is absurd. You can level 6 brutes in 30 seconds...

Piko
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Pretty disappointed by the ending, also...

jehuty
03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Read the first post in this thread:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

and then read this by lookingglasmind:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9512916/735

If you can suspend your disbelief, you should put a helmet on your head or something, cause it will likely explode.

Wretchedest
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
So... the die hardest fans are so let down by the endings that theyve cornered themselves into a place of desperate denial. Damn!

Epic disappoint

Beef of the Sea
03-11-2012, 08:28 PM
So did anyone else know that you can Hijack an Atlas? Did just discovered this, and it's awesome.

ltrandazzo
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I read this post from Kotaku and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the let down - http://kotaku.com/5892335/so-theres-a-fan-campaign-to-change-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3

Yep.

Anyway, I chose synthesis, because to me, it makes the most sense from an evolutionary standpoint. I think we all knew that Shepard was going to die at the end of the game, and that he/she wasn't coming back. From a science fiction standpoint, all three endings make perfect sense in the context that they are presented. I assume that any future DLC for the game will tell the story after the game ends as far as how the galaxy continues after Shepard's decision. No regrets at all on my end.

Wretchedest
03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I read this post from Kotaku and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the let down - http://kotaku.com/5892335/so-theres-a-fan-campaign-to-change-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3

Yep.

Anyway, I chose synthesis, because to me, it makes the most sense from an evolutionary standpoint. I think we all knew that Shepard was going to die at the end of the game, and that he/she wasn't coming back. From a science fiction standpoint, all three endings make perfect sense in the context that they are presented. I assume that any future DLC for the game will tell the story after the game ends as far as how the galaxy continues after Shepard's decision. No regrets at all on my end.
I made the same choice. Stand by it too. I just wamted more resplution...

Edit: btw i want to clarify that i dont think they should change or can change it. But you cant deny the blueballs and the fact that some promises were broken in terms of the impact of the players choices...

Space Suicide
03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
So did anyone else know that you can Hijack an Atlas? Did just discovered this, and it's awesome.

Yes, how exactly did you do it? The unoccupied one at the Academy?

I've tried doing this several time when an Atlas is around and no dice. HALP!

Beef of the Sea
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
You can't do it with the first one you come across whilst rescuing the Krogan Queen, but from there on you can.
You just have to hit the canopy with High Powered weapons (Heavy Pistols / Sniper Rifles) after the shields go down, and the glass should shatter.
Once the glass is broken, you can snipe the operator, and then climb in.

Space Suicide
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
You can't do it with the first one you come across whilst rescuing the Krogan Queen, but from there on you can.
You just have to hit the canopy with High Powered weapons (Heavy Pistols / Sniper Rifles) after the shields go down, and the glass should shatter.
Once the glass is broken, you can snipe the operator, and then climb in.

I try that all the time but when I snipe him the Atlas explodes. Every time it happens.

Beef of the Sea
03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Huh, that's weird, maybe you're just too awesome?

There's a heap of videos out there that say pretty much the same thing, but here's one from IGN:

http://youtu.be/FIl2J1S255g

Wretchedest
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Does anyone else find media response to the whole ending fiasco really bizarre? Ive read for articles around the net about how fans should basically lie down and accept it. These articles essentially say that opinions on the internet are worthless and that people are just being whiny. Funny how these articles also appear to be opinions on the internet, except with the added icing that their host sites receive advertising revenue from mass effects parent companies and this all seems rather odd.

Endings sucked no matter how you frame it. The series promises were unfupfipled... how was this hard to grasp?

Edit:

It could have easily gone like this, satisfying all parties....:

Shepard defeats the reapers, (or doesn't and everybody dies!) we see how his decisions have effected the post war state of the galaxy (Geth get a seat on the Council! The Krogan Attack Everybody in their weak state!)

You don;t get the Rachni on your sdie unless you save them!

The Geth wont help you unless you saved them!

The collector base has relevance beyond numerical factors!

And shepard sits down on the couch with his lover of choice to watch blasto 6!

Perfect ME3 ending! Lots of variables! Satisfied people!

That's how easy this could have been.

/rant. Great game.... and then you reach the end... :/

Hula
03-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Still haven't played this. I spent most of yesterday evening trying to use the workaround for the face import issue with very little success. I'm looking at ME3's hideous approximation of my ManShep right now and toying with the idea of putting the game away until they come out with a fix—although I've heard tell that might never come, since this apparently isn't a big deal to the developers. Lame.

Between this and all the trouble it took to actually get a copy of the CE (plus the fact that my CE arrived without the promo item I was promised, which is a small thing but an annoying one none the less), I'm starting to dislike this game before I've even played it. I'm not looking forward to actually getting through the damn thing only to get to this ending that everyone seems to hate; if there was one thing I was hoping for from the finale of the trilogy, it was an ending that reflected the myriad choices I'd made over the series. Apparently all the playing everyone's done over the past couple of years doesn't count for shit.

I'm trying to keep hopeful about this—I'm not going to go from being a massive fanboy to cursing BioWare overnight, after all. It just sucks that things have come to this.

xmd 5a
03-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Just finished the story mission involving the Citadel and I am loving this game. I'm pleased my fears about lack of content in Single Player due to the addition of Multiplayer turned out to be wrong. My only gripe is with the even worse planet scanning mechanics than those in 2. I honestly wish they'd bring back the explorable planets for resource collection from 1 (with a bit of tweaking and polish, of course). Driving the Mako around barren environments was so much more interesting/less frustrating than this radar/Reaper chase BS.

Wretchedest
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Still haven't played this. I spent most of yesterday evening trying to use the workaround for the face import issue with very little success. I'm looking at ME3's hideous approximation of my ManShep right now and toying with the idea of putting the game away until they come out with a fix—although I've heard tell that might never come, since this apparently isn't a big deal to the developers. Lame.

Between this and all the trouble it took to actually get a copy of the CE (plus the fact that my CE arrived without the promo item I was promised, which is a small thing but an annoying one none the less), I'm starting to dislike this game before I've even played it. I'm not looking forward to actually getting through the damn thing only to get to this ending that everyone seems to hate; if there was one thing I was hoping for from the finale of the trilogy, it was an ending that reflected the myriad choices I'd made over the series. Apparently all the playing everyone's done over the past couple of years doesn't count for shit.

I'm trying to keep hopeful about this—I'm not going to go from being a massive fanboy to cursing BioWare overnight, after all. It just sucks that things have come to this.
Yeah, it's a great game, but when you paly through the second playthrough, expecting everything to be different, and its not, its a huge let down...

Hula
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I managed to make a Shepard that was vaguely passable (although wtf was with BioWare removing the ginger hair option? Nobody's hair is crimson in real life) and played for a couple of hours earlier. Loving it so far—the Kinect integration really adds to the gameplay without feeling remotely gimmicky. I know it'd be easier and about a split-second faster to tap the A button at a door to open it, but there's something nice about barking 'open!' at my TV.

Piko
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's a great game, but when you paly through the second playthrough, expecting everything to be different, and its not, its a huge let down...

I have my gripes. But it's not bad enough to curse bioware. I think they've been lacking some lately though (dragon age 2 being another example) for the most part, this one is pretty awesome. A lot of people hate the endings, but not everyone. It was real fun and story was great otherwise.

xmd 5a
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Just finished Rannoch. SO glad I managed to get "[Rally the Fleet]", because screw having to make the decision.

Space Suicide
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
If anyone that has been upset by the game's ending(s) might have to read the latest RUMORED free DLC news... (http://www.gamefront.com/rumor-mass-effect-3-dlc-the-truth-due-in-april/)

ltrandazzo
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
If anyone that has been upset by the game's ending(s) might have to read the latest RUMORED free DLC news... (http://www.gamefront.com/rumor-mass-effect-3-dlc-the-truth-due-in-april/)

Man, that story requires a HUGE grain of salt. Anything post-ending that has a FREE pricetag, however, is certainly welcome. I know I've spent plenty of money on ME DLC so it'd be nice to have a bone thrown at us.

Beef of the Sea
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Definitely, more multi player classes and maps would be a very welcome addition as well, rather than just re-using existing story assets.
While multi is fun, I don't think they've put as much effort into it as they could of.

Piko
03-14-2012, 11:35 PM
That'd be nice. But I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, I started playing the first one again (second playthrough) . So many things that I either never fully registered, or completely forgot. Like a reaper in first few minutes. Forgot all about that. Been too long I guess.

Wretchedest
03-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Just finished Rannoch. SO glad I managed to get "[Rally the Fleet]", because screw having to make the decision.
That was a hardcore ending to the mish, since I couldn't with a VERY high paragon score...

xmd 5a
03-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah, apparently there are tons of pass/fail factors relating to decisions from ME2 that contribute. Apparently I fluked it and met all of the relevant conditions (as well as near-maxed Paragon).

Jinsai
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
The framerate issues with the ps3 version are atrocious. There's no excuse for a game with graphics this shitty to drop below 20 fps.

xmd 5a
03-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Finished. It's really hard coming to terms with the fact the series is over. I got way too emotionally involved in it haha.

Space Suicide
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Finished. It's really hard coming to terms with the fact the series is over. I got way too emotionally involved in it haha.

Likewise, just did it today. I got it on launch day but prolonged it as much as I could. Is it sad I felt a bit...emotionally disappointed when it came to the ending?

Space Suicide
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Is it sad that I find this upsetting and a potential heartbreak? I mean the eyes and the tears. I know it's gay to but I'm sorry for her and feel the pain. Around 1:15 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuouaOhZorE

Hula
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I know it's gay

I would think it's actually rather heterosexual to be a dude and get upset over turning that hot piece of ass down*

*This has been your obligatory sexist comment

Space Suicide
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I would think it's actually rather heterosexual to be a dude and get upset over turning that hot piece of ass down*

*This has been your obligatory sexist comment

LOL. My word choice was pretty askew. I think lame would've worked better to state in my sentence but either way, my condolences to the ever raven haired beauty's sadness over her rejection.

Wretchedest
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html

Piko
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html

That might have very well made my day. Maybe if they fleshed it all out enough to make sense, it'll work. And hopefully they explain the keepers" heh. They said they would and never did. One of those little things that kinda bugged me. Have a feeling they're like the collectors minus the harvesting.

The Becoming
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't know. I think I'm going to call bullshit on the "New ending." I think whatever they're going to release is probably something they had planned long ago.

Space Suicide
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Although I welcome and would enjoy a new ending and additional DLC in that vain, I find it a bit sour for them to do. BioWare wrote and made the game as it is as the intended ending, take it or leave it, and the fans and players that dislike it should just take it and stomach it for what it is. It is the intended ending and the true ending in BioWare's writing and eyes.

ltrandazzo
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, I don't interpret that as them changing the endings, more like expanding on them and giving us an idea of where the galaxy goes from there. Not a bad thing, but at the same time, I liked the idea of keeping it open to all sorts of possibilities. I still think it's fine the way it is.

Beef of the Sea
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Did anyone pick up any sweet gear from Operation Goliath?
I picked up the N7 Crusader which has made multi a shit-load easier (Sniper-Shotgun) and a lot of weapon upgrades.
The new "Premium Veteran Pack" (2 equipment items, then 3 Weapon/Character items) for 33,000 Credits has taken the pain out of upgrading things as well.
I'm hoping that they might do something different for another event, like fighting all 3 enemies at once, or a combination of the lot.

Space Suicide
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Did anyone pick up any sweet gear from Operation Goliath?
I picked up the N7 Crusader which has made multi a shit-load easier (Sniper-Shotgun) and a lot of weapon upgrades.
The new "Premium Veteran Pack" (2 equipment items, then 3 Weapon/Character items) for 33,000 Credits has taken the pain out of upgrading things as well.
I'm hoping that they might do something different for another event, like fighting all 3 enemies at once, or a combination of the lot.

I did and I got the M-98 Widow Sniper rifle. Powerful as hell, kills most things or depletes their health entirely with one hit.

I love the Premium Veteran Packs. I've bought around 5 so far and was able to get some new species finally - Adept Asari, Vanguard Asari, Quarian Infiltrator and a Turian Sentinel.

xmd 5a
03-21-2012, 06:32 PM
It's a hard position to be in. If they make DLC to change the ending then there's going to be accusations of them cutting content at the last minute to charge extra later. I think the safest route to go, to appease the rabid fanbase on both sides of the debate, would be some post-ending DLC that clarifies some of the major plot issues. That way it's more of an added extra than "CHARGIN' ME EXTRA FOR A REAL ENDING GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

DF118
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I've not seen the endings (no spoilers please!) but if they were really smart at Bioware, what they should do is fix it in a Mass Effect 4.

Piko
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I seriously doubt they're really changing anything. Some of the future DLC is just going to help the thing make actual sense, hopefully. That's one of my major issues with it. It doesn't make sense. Lack of closure being another. But it was just confusing. How some of the stuff going on is happening is beyond me.

Spoiler

Normandy getting lost. Wtf? Did Joker just decide "fuck this! Lets get outta here! Shepard's screwed anyway!". If that's the case, karma's a bitch.
/spoiler

Piko
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
I've not seen the endings (no spoilers please!) but if they were really smart at Bioware, what they should do is fix it in a Mass Effect 4.

If they didn't do this, I doubt ME4 would sell well. Damage control was much necessary. And if the DLC has gameplay, I'd pay for it. The game wad fun. So why not?

Space Suicide
03-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm a man possessed. I started a drawing in photoshop with my tablet, this is about 30 minutes of work. Still a lot to go. Guess who?

http://i.imgur.com/WPt5Z.jpg

liquidcalm
03-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I just finished the game. I honestly have no idea how that was a bad ending. It was a really tough choice but it was really beautiful once I'd made up my mind. It made perfect sense, even if it was hard.

Hula
03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I just finished the game. I honestly have no idea how that was a bad ending. It was a really tough choice but it was really beautiful once I'd made up my mind. It made perfect sense, even if it was hard.

I don't think that's the problem. I've not seen the ending for myself but it seems as though the problem is that the ending is the same (bar a couple of colour palette changes) no matter which choice you make, no matter whether you're Renegade or Paragon, no matter anything you've done over the entire course of the three games.

Again, I've yet to clear it to see what the fuss is all about but if this really is the case, I can see why people are pissed.

Piko
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think that's the problem. I've not seen the ending for myself but it seems as though the problem is that the ending is the same (bar a couple of colour palette changes) no matter which choice you make, no matter whether you're Renegade or Paragon, no matter anything you've done over the entire course of the three games.

Again, I've yet to clear it to see what the fuss is all about but if this really is the case, I can see why people are pissed.

That, and the fact that a lot of the ending(s), I felt, didn't make much sense. But yeah, for the most part, no matter what you do, you'll get a different color ending, or a couple seconds of difference. My main gripe, though, is that I felt the ending was a huge contradiction to the entire series. Seemed like an ending that would thought up and put together in just minutes. Felt lazy, and half-assed.

liquidcalm
03-24-2012, 10:18 AM

I would say the choices you make in the first 2 games make a pretty big dent on the whole game of 3 rather than just the end. I can see how if people weren't there, solutions wouldn't present themselves. The ending has a choice, and without going into spoilers, it questions your emotional attachment to everything you have done be it renegade or paragon. In one way it asks the player to actually *think* of the choice their Shepard would make, with the experience of the 3 games behind them.

I just took a gander at some of the other endings (and might consider doing a new play through from 2 onwards) and yeah the end scenes look similar, but what they mean not just for your character but the galaxy is entirely different depending on what you choose.

Piko
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Your actions mattered for everything BUT the ending. Certain people survived, certain things happened. The ending was it's own isolated thing. And i've restarted playing the first game. But don't get me wrong, ME3 is real fun. But the ending jumped a lot of sharks, and in my eyes and many, it failed. If they flesh it out some more, help make sense of things, it could work without having to actually make a new ending.

And on a unrelated note - I've noticed when people type in spoilers, they black it out. How do you do that?

Hula
03-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Soooooo basically the ending is the same, but the 'meaning' of the ending should be different for you depending on how you arrived at it?

Yeah, I dunno. I'm hoping I've got the wrong end of the stick about things and I'll be wowed when I get there, but I'm going in with incredibly low expectations.

ltrandazzo
03-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Hula, play the game and get through it first. Best advice I can offer you.

Piko
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Soooooo basically the ending is the same, but the 'meaning' of the ending should be different for you depending on how you arrived at it?

Yeah, I dunno. I'm hoping I've got the wrong end of the stick about things and I'll be wowed when I get there, but I'm going in with incredibly low expectations.

Play it for yourself. It's a very fun game from beginning to the end. You won't regret the journey one bit. And when you reach the end, try basing your own opinion of it. Not everyone dislikes the ending. You could enjoy it. If you don't, then you could wait it out until dlc comes around and helps fix things. But i'd finish no matter what people may say about the ending.

Kodiak33
03-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I thought the ending was fine. Great game.

Wretchedest
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I would say the choices you make in the first 2 games make a pretty big dent on the whole game of 3 rather than just the end. I can see how if people weren't there, solutions wouldn't present themselves.

That's actually not the case though. If certain people aren't there, they're actually just replaced with someone else, and your choices throughout the game AND in the end are essentially identical, regardless of which choices you made in the previous games.

And I would say that it's difficult to understand what the differences in the ending truly mean. I think those things are what frustrate players. If the differences were in any way clear, I think it would have been a lot more satisfying...

october_midnight
03-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Here's a random question...soooo I've decided to start up the series for the first time, currently about halfway through my second playthrough and at level 55 (only wanna get to 60 of course). Already bought 2 and 3, but waiting to hit 60 first. My question, if anyone knows, is once I hit 60 can I immediately jump in to ME2 and import my character? I already read up on what the bonuses, etc. are, but I'm just wondering if I don't have to get through the campaign first to make it register...if that makes sense. Can I just hit 60, save it, and then jump in to ME2 or do I have to quickly get through the ending first before importing?

Hula
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Pretty sure you need to clear a game to import the save file to the next one.

october_midnight
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks, just as I saw this I found a pretty extensive page that concurs with what you said. Here's hoping I can get to 60 in this playthrough so I don't have to blast through the entire game a 3rd time. So far it's not looking good I think...oh well.

Space Suicide
03-24-2012, 05:44 PM
You have to beat the game but you do know that when you import your character to Mass Effect 2 he'll be the same level as the import right? That is if you want to abandon your current playthrough and use a completed game file, assuming you have one still.

You liking the series, October? Last we talked you said it was all right. How do you like Saren?

october_midnight
03-24-2012, 06:05 PM
I'll just get him up to 60, see if I can do it in this playthrough and the achievement. As for ME1, it's alright. Whoever designed the physics of driving the Mako when you're on a rocky planet must've been high on angel dust. It's terrible. Saren as a villain is alright I guess. Once I got the level X spectre weaponry it made this second playthrough fairly uneventful as I seem to be pretty OP'ed. Couldn't care less about beating it through on a harder difficulty, just wanna hit 60, and then get through ME2 and ME3 and I'll probably be done with it.

Space Suicide
03-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I'll just get him up to 60, see if I can do it in this playthrough and the achievement. As for ME1, it's alright. Whoever designed the physics of driving the Mako when you're on a rocky planet must've been high on angel dust. It's terrible. Saren as a villain is alright I guess. Once I got the level X spectre weaponry it made this second playthrough fairly uneventful as I seem to be pretty OP'ed. Couldn't care less about beating it through on a harder difficulty, just wanna hit 60, and then get through ME2 and ME3 and I'll probably be done with it.

I love Saren, he's such a dick.

As for the game mechanics they are rocky and bad in some respects but it did lay groundwork to this explosive series. I can't wait to see how blown away you are by 2 and 3.

playwithfire
03-25-2012, 12:07 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/50qz5l.jpg

WWMSD?

Wretchedest
03-25-2012, 01:12 AM

Im sure enthusiasm will kick in when you get your handa on 2. The first one keeps those expectations in check and when you finally get to number 2 is when egerything starts to work like it should.

ltrandazzo
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Say what you want about the ending, the disappointment in it and whatnot. All of that is moot once you get to this moment -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQau3CthTgI

Beef of the Sea
03-26-2012, 11:38 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/50qz5l.jpg

WWMSD?

His name, was Marauder Shields.

Space Suicide
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Saren you jerk, we knew we'd see you again or your presence.

In other news, rumors say the possible DLC for ending will add to it not be an alternate ending.

Piko
03-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Saren you jerk, we knew we'd see you again or your presence.

In other news, rumors say the possible DLC for ending will add to it not be an alternate ending.

Thought that was already said. They've been perfectly clear they they're content with the ending and aren't changing it. They're mostly going to fleshit out, help it make more sense, and probably expand from it.

liquidcalm
03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
That's actually not the case though. If certain people aren't there, they're actually just replaced with someone else, and your choices throughout the game AND in the end are essentially identical, regardless of which choices you made in the previous games.

And I would say that it's difficult to understand what the differences in the ending truly mean. I think those things are what frustrate players. If the differences were in any way clear, I think it would have been a lot more satisfying...

Yeah, I looked up a few things in the wiki and found they just overwrote the fact characters weren't there, thats more of a cop out than just letting the player have to figure something out themselves. That said it wouldn't be much of a game if it locked out half the next in the series just because someone you didn't care about dies at the end of the second. Although choices you make in the first and particularly the second can condemn whole races, I wouldn't say that was a small thing. Its the same problem Heavy Rain had really, you can try and give players all the choice in the world but in the end you need to tell a cohesive story and stories have beginnings, middles and ends. I still really enjoyed Heavy Rain, and I really enjoyed Mass Effect, from 1 to 2 to 3 I don' think I've felt as invested in a series for a long time. I still think the end was a great way of bringing a lot of the underlying themes to the foreground. It was climatic enough to not make me think they are just going to jump in with a Mass Effect 4 or have a cliffhanger or something dumb.

Hula
03-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I just finished Priority: Rannoch. Holy shit was that intense.

It feels like I'm steadily getting closer to the end and it kind of sucks. I'm really loving ME3 right now, whatever people have to say about how it ends, and I'm not looking forward to the inevitable withdrawal symptoms once it's all over...

Wretchedest
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I looked up a few things in the wiki and found they just overwrote the fact characters weren't there, thats more of a cop out than just letting the player have to figure something out themselves. That said it wouldn't be much of a game if it locked out half the next in the series just because someone you didn't care about dies at the end of the second. Although choices you make in the first and particularly the second can condemn whole races, I wouldn't say that was a small thing. Its the same problem Heavy Rain had really, you can try and give players all the choice in the world but in the end you need to tell a cohesive story and stories have beginnings, middles and ends. I still really enjoyed Heavy Rain, and I really enjoyed Mass Effect, from 1 to 2 to 3 I don' think I've felt as invested in a series for a long time. I still think the end was a great way of bringing a lot of the underlying themes to the foreground. It was climatic enough to not make me think they are just going to jump in with a Mass Effect 4 or have a cliffhanger or something dumb.

I don't think it should have been about just locking out something, but potentially tading one thing for another. That way you get dfferent stories, and replay value! My second playthrough in ME3 was so depressing because I did everything so differently, and things turned out astonishingly similar, you know?

I'm curious just what the hell they'll do with this DLC ending thing...

Piko
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
One thing that I've been wondering about lately. Since the mass relays are no more. What happens to the citadel and everyone on it? It WAS a mass relay afterall. Another thing that doesn't make sense to me. Granted, the protheans "locked" it... Hopefully they can make sense of all this. And that turian does look a whole lot like Saren. Project Lazarus?

Beef of the Sea
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
It's a Marauder you naabs, a shop of this image by Patryk Olejniczak:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UlFSsdQWQIk/TWjnbvvFxxI/AAAAAAAAARU/vLfrfq_Un24/Mass+Effect+3+Shepard.jpg

http://hisnamewasmaraudershields.tumblr.com/

http://youtu.be/467pmIX-oZo

Has more or less become the avatar of fanboy butthurt across the internet.

Piko
03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Ah nice. Never saw that before. I was thinking it was some sort of DLC teaser. Makes total sense now.

playwithfire
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
One of the ME writers spoke about the original intent for ME3's ending. I like it. I also like the part where it makes more sense. I still think it ignores a lot of choice, but at least it makes more sense.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17086/mass-effect-writer-drew-karpyshyn-reveals-original-mass-effect-3-endings

Space Suicide
03-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I bought Mass Effect 2 for my PS3 today. I own and have it on Xbox and beat all the DLC but I still figured why the hell not get it for my PS3?

Haha, damn.

october_midnight
03-29-2012, 09:54 PM
If I bought another console, my fiancee would leave me lol.

Just started in on ME2. It's good, still the series is no Dead Space which does certain things this series tries to achieve in terms of fluid combat, only miles better. Loving the new things in this compared to ME, but hating others. Just met up with Garrus for the first time, you have to defend against waves of mercs running up the bridge. I'm still primarily sticking with an assault rifle. I stumble across another rifle that only shoots in like, 5 round bursts, and now that it's equipped I can't change back to the old weapon? Dumb.

Oh, and so far up to this point (which isn't that far in the game I assume), I've already got stuck to 2 walls unable to shoot or move...sweet.

Space Suicide
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I stumble across another rifle that only shoots in like, 5 round bursts, and now that it's equipped I can't change back to the old weapon? Dumb.

Oh, and so far up to this point (which isn't that far in the game I assume), I've already got stuck to 2 walls unable to shoot or move...sweet.

I never had or heard of that glitch. Odd!

While I was in Garrus recruitment mission my Shep glitched on a box and couldn't move. I had to reload most of the mission. I know your pain on those claims.

october_midnight
03-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change weapons in battle, who knows.

Space Suicide
03-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change weapons in battle, who knows.

It's just like the other games, click LB to bring up the Weapons Wheel. RB is the Power Wheel. Doing that will toggle what weapon or biotic power you want.

I think I know what you're talking about...

If you have the rifle you don't like equipped and want to equip another rifle then the only way to do that is at a weapons terminal or in the Armory on the Normandy. You can't switch rifles in the middle of a mission by click start and going to equipment like the first game allows.

Hula
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Played multiplayer for the first time last night. It's awesome, but it's kind of annoying that high level people drop into matches with low level ones and steal all the frags at the last minute (like that frickin' banshee I was whittling down without any problems >:|). I know there's no rule against it, and I know it's gone on in games since time immemorial, but it takes the fun out of it for people just starting out. Drop out of the match, find some equal squadmates and earn your kills like the rest of us.

Also does anyone else think it's a shame you can't use the Kinect during multiplayer? It'd speed things up a lot in the heat of battle.

xmd 5a
03-30-2012, 07:51 PM

That happened to me so often. On Jacob's loyalty mission the game actually auto-saved while I was stuck in a rock. I was near the end of the mission too.

ME3 seems to be getting a lot of flak for glitches, but I had nowhere near as many problems as I did in ME2. Hell, I think I experienced more annoying glitches in ME2 than in New Vegas and Skyrim combined...

Space Suicide
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I never had any glitches in Mass Effect 3, minus the one Menae Brute that got stuck in a corner but it wasn't a glitch really.

As for Mass Effect 2, I only had two glitches really - getting stuck on a box during Garrus' recruitment mission and one other time getting stuck on a balcony on Horizon.

Hula
03-31-2012, 03:20 AM
WARNING: UNTAGGED TEXT CONTAINS IMPLIED SPOILERS.

I finished the game last night. I didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did—I teared up when Kaidan said his goodbyes, then I all-out cried when it came to the ending. It felt like the only fair resolution to the series at the time; it's only now, in the cold light of morning and without my emotions colouring my opinion, that I can see why fans were so annoyed about what happened.

It wasn't the fact that all the possible choices were bad ones in the sense that things turned out badly whatever you picked. It wasn't even that the ending was poorly written, because it wasn't—as I said, at the time it happened it felt like the only way the series could be resolved. The problem is that after every decision we've made over the years, after every person we've agonised over killing, after every civilisation we've struggled to save, it didn't amount for a whole lot when push came to shove. True, the decisions we had to make over the course of the three games shaped the journey itself, but the entirety of the third game was spent mustering up forces for the final conflict only for the same thing to happen no matter what. If there'd been an epilogue showing everybody's fate, fine. It just felt like all the hours I invested in the third game (and my brief foray into multiplayer) were for naught. I could've just waltzed through the main storyline without even bothering with the side missions, right? All they did was unlock a few achievements.

That, and the Catalyst taking the form of the little boy felt stupid. Why him? Where the hell did that even come out of? Why, after three years of plot development, did the ending feel completely disconnected from the universe of the series?

Apparently (http://www.oxm.co.uk/39736/revealed-the-mass-effect-3-ending-bioware-canned-before-release/) when the first game was being written, the dude at the helm of the writing team had intended for it all to turn out that the mass effect relays were generating dark energy in the galaxy and that the Reapers were sent to fix that. It'd make a lot more sense than them being a race of synthetics sent to destroy organic life so that organic life wouldn't create synthetics that destroyed organic life. That, and it'd be true to the series. I mean look at the fricking name of the series itself—when does the mass effect ever actually come into the storyline again outside of travelling between planets? ETA—just noticed playwithfire posted this already. I was trying not to spoiler myself so I skimmed over it, heh.

I'm not saying it was a bad game. Last night, when I set down my controller and turned off the Xbox, I was inconsolable because I felt like my favourite game had come to an end in the most brutal way possible, and while I was upset I was okay with it playing out that way. It was a well-written, emotional ending (even though the cutscene is largely the same no matter what you choose, but that came down to laziness). It just felt like a bit of a cheap ending to something that meant so much to so many people, considering that all of our hard work really amounted to nothing in the end.

If BioWare brings out a new ending, I won't know how to feel. My hope is that they had a plan all along and that they're going to somehow flesh things out and lend some weight to all the decisions we made, rather than changing the ending itself. I just want to feel like all the hours I've clocked on this game, all the emotion I've invested in it, counts for something.

Demogorgon
03-31-2012, 07:41 AM
there wont be any "new endings". the co-founder of Bioware was pretty clear in his statement that, while he respects the opinions of the fans, he also he respects the decisions of his creative team. there may be new content helping add details to the endings, but there will not be new endings. sometimes i think i'm the only one one who read the blog about it.

Hula
03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
sometimes i think i'm the only one one who read the blog about it.

You must not have seen all the conflicting information in just about every other corner of the internet.

Space Suicide
03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
there wont be any "new endings". the co-founder of Bioware was pretty clear in his statement that, while he respects the opinions of the fans, he also he respects the decisions of his creative team. there may be new content helping add details to the endings, but there will not be new endings. sometimes i think i'm the only one one who read the blog about it.

I actually mentioned that on the last page.

Piko
04-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I actually mentioned that on the last page.

As did I. Wonder if anything's coming out this month. All they said was that we would know something in April.

Wretchedest
04-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised anybody thinks the dark matter thing is any better... its fundamentally similar to the current ending and adresses only one of many problems....

BasicCable
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I finished ME3 last week and decided I'd like to play through the first two games, then import my character. I didn't do it on my initial playthrough of ME3 due to my playing ME1+2 on PC, but playing ME3 on 360. A few hours into ME1, I was reminded just how awful the mako driving is, and how my will was nearly broken by it the first time through.

Hula
04-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm surprised anybody thinks the dark matter thing is any better... its fundamentally similar to the current ending and adresses only one of many problems....

Dunno about anyone else, but it feels more true to the series. The Reaper's entire purpose in the third game seems a bit corny (and overdone, although that's probably moot since sci-fi as a genre is pretty much a rehash of everything that's been done before). I would've liked to see all that foreshadowing in the first game about dark energy and whatnot actually come to fruition, if only so the series had a bit more cohesion. As things stand, the games feel a bit disjointed—it's very easy to tell they took a different path during production of the later games. That's usually where sci-fi series go wrong, by losing touch with the original plan and coming up with the ending after the series has come into being. You can see it in how Battlestar Galactica turned out in the end (which, incidentally, is thematically incredibly similar to the ME series—just compare the idea of cycles, and of synthetics rising up to destroy organics only for the cycle to begin again.. Note that I'm not dissing BioWare here, just pointing out parallels). Very different from the 'vibe' set forth at the start of the series, as though they had an idea at the beginning, realised it wouldn't really work after they'd already committed to it and decided to change things on the fly.

Mostly, though, I think fans are just dissatisfied with the ending and to them, the grass is greener on the other side. I'll be happy if BioWare brings out anything that enhances and adds to the ending (that's what I meant by 'new ending'), which seems to be the direction they're headed what with the quotes we've seen about them seeking to 'clarify' things with future DLC.

It would've been cool to see the dark energy idea come into being and I think it could've opened up a lot of doors in terms of how the organics would deal with that conflict, whether or not they'd choose to try to fix that problem or just ignore it (sort of a 'who cares if fossil fuels run out in the next generation' situation), and so on. Fact of the matter is, though, that ending was tied to a game that Mass Effect 3 never turned out to be. The series has diverged a lot from its beginnings in 2007, which is cool. Maybe ME3 as we know it today is different than the one that might have been made by the production team back at the beginning, but it's still a great game.

Wretchedest
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Again, I think that only fixes one very small problem with the ending.... and not really... And I'm glad they took a different path with ME2. The gameplay in ME1 is so frustrating to me that it's virtually unplayable, and the characters and choices lack the depth they have in ME2. ME3 has some of those benefits too, despite its obvious shortcomings.

Hula
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Gameplay and story are two different beasts, though—they did a great job of making it more user-friendly with each incarnation, sure, but that had nothing to do with the plot. I think they intended for it to be a little more lighthearted when they made the first game; it reads so often like a cheesy (in a good way!) 80's space-opera when compared to the darker settings/themes of the second game. With that shift came the opportunity to explore things from a different perspective and, as you said, delve a little more deeply into the characters and subplots. As I said myself, I don't think it's a bad thing that the series changed so much. It's just different.

Anyway, I wasn't saying it would've fixed the ending, I was just saying I can see why it might have been a nice way to wrap up the series. I don't really know that there's a whole lot that could've been done differently with the actual premise of the ending without completely altering everything they'd built the series up to be with the second and third games. It was the lack of variety in the endings that was ME3's biggest flaw, not so much the endgame scenario itself.

Piko
04-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Personally, if they had gone with indoctrination, it would've been so much better. The current ending just felt like a giant waste of time. The Reapers claimed to represent order. And they went with that and hit a massive roadblock. That, or they got lazy. Bioware got lazy with Dragon Age II, so maybe I was a little naive to think it could carry over to Mass Effect.

Space Suicide
04-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Well to be fair, the main man that wrote most of the lore, novels and story, Drew Karpyshyn, has been out of the fold for quite some time.

ltrandazzo
04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
That article has taken a lot of liberties with Drew Karpyshyn's exit, especially since Drew has made it clear on his own Twitter account that Mac Walters has been the head writer since the BEGINNING of Mass Effect 2 and that Drew's collaboration ended about halfway through the development of the second game. Anyone who hasn't seen the Final Hours of ME 3 publication for the iPad needs to download or find a copy of it to get their facts straight.

twilight explosion
04-01-2012, 07:49 PM
http://youtu.be/435IDMsdJrI

pretty cool review from Toonami last night. Lots of spoilers tho

Space Suicide
04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Only nearly a month too late.

On topic, I remember Toonami on cartoon network in the 90's when they used to review video games. I clearly remember the Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy review they gave. Good times...

Piko
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
How the game should've ended. Warning: there's spoilers. Beware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6e9nokg1NQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

twilight explosion
04-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Only nearly a month too late.

On topic, I remember Toonami on cartoon network in the 90's when they used to review video games. I clearly remember the Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy review they gave. Good times...

well, they only brought toonami back that night as an april fools joke. they didn't even announce it. was pretty stoked they had most of the lineup from 12 years ago on there. and the things he said about it were pretty spot on rofl

ltrandazzo
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
http://kotaku.com/5899441/there-will-be-no-new-mass-effect-3-endings-just-a-extended-one

It'll be fun to see and it's nice that it's free, but ultimately, I feel that it's unnecessary.

Space Suicide
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
http://kotaku.com/5899441/there-will-be-no-new-mass-effect-3-endings-just-a-extended-one

It'll be fun to see and it's nice that it's free, but ultimately, I feel that it's unnecessary.

Whiners usually win.

dpeters
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who liked that there were no happy endings?

Before people hop on the hate to train, I'm not saying the endings didn't have similarities but that I really liked the problem ending where there's no perfect solution to a problem.

playwithfire
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
This guy basically sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4 Needless to say, spoilers.

sentient02970
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Free DLC ending might end up like:

"Note: Poochie died on the way back to his home planet."

Hula
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Whiners usually win.

Dude, come on.

People's problems with this were pretty legitimate. That's not to say that some gamers' approaches to this (notably the ones where they thought it was a good idea to attack BioWare) were entirely legitimate themselves, but all of the coverage on the endings didn't come up just because a handful of vocal fans were cheesed off.

Anyway. At this point I'm just interested to see what comes of this. Anything that expands upon things is good in my books, even if it doesn't change the ending, which BioWare have made it pretty clear will be the case. Of course, if this 'clarification' involves cutscenes showing all of Shepard's friends and allies dying in a fiery inferno... Well :P

Piko
04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Am I the only one who liked that there were no happy endings?

Before people hop on the hate to train, I'm not saying the endings didn't have similarities but that I really liked the problem ending where there's no perfect solution to a problem.

I went into it not expecting a wonderful ending. I knew that this was going to end badly and a lot of people were going to die. A sad, messed up ending would've been fine. It's fact that they decided to give a messed up story with nothing behind it. They wanted to leave people guessing... Fine, but you have to leave them with more than that. Not the same three endings with gigantic plotholes. Give us something to work with. A lot of it just made no sense. As long as they make it make sense, i'll be more than happy. And that "good" ending they threw in there. They didn't need to do that. They were already dragging it out, so did we really need that?

When people starting complaining about it, I thought "great". Some of it was a bit melodramtic, but some (like that video giving legit, civil reasons) handled it well and respectably. I wasn't expecting bioware to cave, but i'm happy they did.

Space Suicide
04-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Dude, come on.

People's problems with this were pretty legitimate. That's not to say that some gamers' approaches to this (notably the ones where they thought it was a good idea to attack BioWare) were entirely legitimate themselves, but all of the coverage on the endings didn't come up just because a handful of vocal fans were cheesed off.

Anyway. At this point I'm just interested to see what comes of this. Anything that expands upon things is good in my books, even if it doesn't change the ending, which BioWare have made it pretty clear will be the case. Of course, if this 'clarification' involves cutscenes showing all of Shepard's friends and allies dying in a fiery inferno... Well :P

I wasn't talking about this game or anything specific but it's true. People whined and cried on EPIC Games forums about the Sawed-Off in Gears of War 3 and EPIC ended up changing it.

darktemplar007
04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

Free Multiplayer DLC coming on the 10th. Adds new races, one new character for each class, 3 new weapons, and 2 new maps.

Space Suicide
04-06-2012, 04:01 PM
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

free multiplayer dlc coming on the 10th. Adds new races, one new character for each class, 3 new weapons, and 2 new maps.

want now!!!!

october_midnight
04-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Managed to hit the max level 30 on my first playthrough of ME2 during the final mission which was cool. Promptly sold it and bought ME3...gonna start in as soon as I get more than three spare minutes :/

sentient02970
04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Failed the Thane mission on my first run through with ME2. Felt really stupid...or is this one really that hard?

Emil Dorbell
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Just finished the game and I actually loved the ending. I went with the road in the middle. It was epic, very explanatory, and satisfying. I did check out the other endings on youtube and they're not as good, still nothing wrong with them... I've been reading the complaints and I just don't get it. One of the best games I ever played!

Space Suicide
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Failed the Thane mission on my first run through with ME2. Felt really stupid...or is this one really that hard?

The recruitment or the loyalty one?

The Loyalty one can be tricky at times.

sentient02970
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Loyalty. I might retry tonight if my last save isn't too far back.

playwithfire
04-10-2012, 08:40 AM
I failed it the first time, too. Just watch the krogan like he says. I tried to watch the turian the first time and got a bit lost.

Currently on my second playthrough of ME2 and gaaaaah I need more paragon points. Morinth rolled me like a... thing that you roll. Sigh. I talk to people and everything! Maybe I just should have done the loyalty quests in order or something.

Beef of the Sea
04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Well the new content is out, Firebase Condor is convoluted as hell, but Firebase Hydra is quite awesome. You have to unlock the extra characters and weapons as part of a Recruit/Veteran/Spectre pack unfortunately.

Space Suicide
04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Well the new content is out, Firebase Condor is convoluted as hell, but Firebase Hydra is quite awesome. You have to unlock the extra characters and weapons as part of a Recruit/Veteran/Spectre pack unfortunately.

Yeah but if they gave them out unlocked already then everyone would use them.

I love Mass Effect 3 to death but I swear to God if my achievement progress gets wiped one more time I'll go berserk. Two times now progress towards the veteran achievement has been reset. That's the achievement to get 5000 kills. First time it happened I had about 2600 or so. When it got erased this morning I was around 3760 or so.

Fucking a man.

october_midnight
04-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I've so far played ME3 for a total of 25 minutes and got like 30 kills in one round before having to start work. Hit Level 7 after the round finished. Played with a guy that was some obscene level that was talking about 'playing every map at least 100 times.' Then I asked if he slept alone and the other 2 guys in the room wouldn't stop laughing.

Space Suicide
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I've so far played ME3 for a total of 25 minutes and got like 30 kills in one round before having to start work. Hit Level 7 after the round finished. Played with a guy that was some obscene level that was talking about 'playing every map at least 100 times.' Then I asked if he slept alone and the other 2 guys in the room wouldn't stop laughing.

My N7 rank is at like 170 some I believe. It only deals with ranks you've earned or promoted cumulatively since you began playing it. I don't even play it that much. Highest N7 rank I've seen was about 600 something. I can't recall.

How do you like the single player?

Beef of the Sea
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah but if they gave them out unlocked already then everyone would use them.

The maps, sure, but tot the characters or the weapons though.
At least not on the Aus. end of the scale.

Space Suicide
04-10-2012, 06:26 PM
The maps, sure, but tot the characters or the weapons though.
At least not on the Aus. end of the scale.

I agree they should have been released and been able to be used straight away but I find it odd they would do that since all non-human characters had to be playable in the same way the DLC characters are - through the store. I just wish you got good stuff when you go there. I tend to buy Spectre Packs and Veteran packs. Every time, except twice, I get shafted by buying a Spectre. Don't buy one of those unless you want a new weapon. That's usually all you ever seem to get.

I really want a Geth or that Krogan Battlemaster....

Beef of the Sea
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Well while they had the Premium Spectre Pack(99K-Credits) over the weekend, I whored the hell out of Gold matches to buy as many as I could, and still only got character training tiles and other shit I didn't want.
So now, since I have so many weapons and mods unlocked, it'll probably take forever for me to unlock the six new characters and weapons. Groan.

october_midnight
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
My N7 rank is at like 170 some I believe. It only deals with ranks you've earned or promoted cumulatively since you began playing it. I don't even play it that much. Highest N7 rank I've seen was about 600 something. I can't recall.

How do you like the single player?

I have 2 jobs lol. I've had the game for about a week and a half now. Total playing time: About 25 min. of multiplayer lol.

Space Suicide
04-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I have 2 jobs lol. I've had the game for about a week and a half now. Total playing time: About 25 min. of multiplayer lol.

I know you're busy as stated previously. I thought the 25 minute thing just meant multiplayer. Not the totality to the entire game.

:p

october_midnight
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
No that's it. Tomorrow I don't work until 3pm so once I get some coding done and drop the better half off at class I might be able to sink in a bit more time.

Beef of the Sea
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I think I'm about N300 and something...

I'll grab my coat.

Space Suicide
04-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I unlocked a Geth Infiltrator in a Veteran pack. Fuck yeah!

darktemplar007
04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I just beat this a few minutes ago (finally). I loved it. I don't know if my opinion of the end will change over time, but this game is one of the only games I have ever had an emotional response s strongly toward. I was almost in tears at the end, I felt like it was a fantastic culmination to the 120ish hour playthrough of all three games I have had going over the past few months.

Hula
04-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm about 30 hours into a hardcore playthrough of the first game. SHIT'S HARD, YO! Pinnacle Station was a bit of a pain to get through but gods, the sense of progress when you get there. Still haven't managed to finish Ahern's survival mission, though. Gonna go back when I'm a higher level.

I have a funny feeling I'll probably start my third playthrough the second I finish ME3 with my current FemShep. I'd forgotten how damn much I loved these games.

october_midnight
04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Alright so finally got some time to play multiplayer for a few hours. Turns out if you rock the shotgun and just toss frags like pebbles you wreck mad shit. In a few hours I got one game from hitting level 20 with the human male. Here's a question for those who may know. At what point should I jump in to the campaign? I have all those terminus stations on that galaxy map to 100% and at level 20 you can upload a character or something in to the campaign? Once I hit level 20 with one character with all those systems at 100% should I jump in or is there any benefit of maxing out more characters? What exactly does it do for the campaign?

Alright that was a lot of questions, but you know how it is.

Piko
04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Galactic Readiness is pretty just just a modifer. The higher the better. Even if you don't play multiplayer, and collect all of the war assets, you can still reach maximum. But, by playing multiplayer, it just makes things a little easier/quicker instead of getting getting the default 50%. I beat the game before I had even bothered with the multiplayer, and managed just fine.

But then again... not like any of it really makes a difference.

But if you do as many side-quests as you can, you really don't need to bother with multiplayer.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Just got one with the demo for Mass Effect 2 and I was pretty impressed. I love how intricate the fighting system is and how there are a lot of different approaches you can choose with the abilities of your other teammates and choosing what you want to find out and the information that you may need to know down the road. Love that it is only 20 bucks on PSN. I'll have to get the actual game since downloading it is a whopping 12 gigs.

october_midnight
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
New 'Rebellion' DLC drops soon, does it not? I've already traded ME3 back in towards Borderlands 2, but the new DLC is free which is still a great thing. Also, fan designs character hoodies, asks BioWare to make them, they agree to try it out. (http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/fan-designed-mass-effect-character-hoodi.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+geekologie%2FiShm+%28Geekolog ie+-+Gadgets%2C+Gizmos%2C+and+Awesome%29) Pretty nifty.

Space Suicide
05-30-2012, 11:33 AM
New 'Rebellion' DLC drops soon, does it not? I've already traded ME3 back in towards Borderlands 2, but the new DLC is free which is still a great thing. Also, fan designs character hoodies, asks BioWare to make them, they agree to try it out. (http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/fan-designed-mass-effect-character-hoodi.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+geekologie%2FiShm+(Geekologie +-+Gadgets%2C+Gizmos%2C+and+Awesome)) Pretty nifty.

It did today.

Piko
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Director's Cut DLC on Tuesday. Hopefully it fixes that mess they made. My expectations are pretty low though...

Hula
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm just looking forward to being able to say I've properly cleared the franchise. It'll be good to play through again from scratch with my original Shep and see how it all gets tidied up in the end (or not, as the case may be).

Piko
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Just wonder if it's just just extended cutscenes, or if there's any new gameplay in there. I just wonder how extended it's gonna be. Hopefully it's extended by a lot. It needs it.

liquidcalm
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm fairly ambivalent to the new DLC, I liked the ending of ME3 I got, I liked how everything unfolded. The DLC is only supposed to expand on the endings, rather than change them.. so I'm not that bothered. it would bother me more if they actually went off and started changing things.

Piko
06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't think anything really unfolded in the ending. It struck me as random things thrown together and called it an ending. Maybe some people are seeing something I'm missing. But to me it was a mess that made no sense.

xmd 5a
06-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I hope all this free DLC has gone some way to repair the relationship between the fanbase and devs. I can't really think of a better way to handle the situation than BioWare have done so far. But I'm sure the haters will still be as vehement as ever, because ...

To be honest, I really didn't like the ending at all, but the over-the-top backlash was just silly.

Piko
06-23-2012, 07:05 PM
The fact that they responded to it and are releasing free DLC to fix it. I think they've handled it surprisingly well. Never would've expected that big of a backlash either. But you gotta respect the people for aiming for something they wanted. That took some serious devotion. Straight to the top. So as long as this DLC doesn't suck and makes sense of things, I think they'll have made up for it in spades.

They know they messed up. They're trying to make it right.

Space Suicide
06-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I hope all this free DLC has gone some way to repair the relationship between the fanbase and devs. I can't really think of a better way to handle the situation than BioWare have done so far. But I'm sure the haters will still be as vehement as ever, because ...

To be honest, I really didn't like the ending at all, but the over-the-top backlash was just silly.

Yeah, I love free DLC and its great support for the game. I also love the attention to multiplayer, as I love it but it's time for some story add-on content. I want new pay for it DLC and achievements. I mean additional missions and such. I would've liked a better ending but they made it as is and it is what it is. The original ending is how BioWare wanted to end it, I think it was too much with all the hate. I like the game a lot but it didn't deserve that much backlash. They're expanding more on the ending, which is cool but really, the ending is how it was for a reason, plot holes and all. I don't really care if they ever released DLC fixing it. I also wouldn't have cried or been upset if they never did.

Piko
06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
The extended cut is out. Almost 2gb. Won't be able to watch this until after work unless I feel like cheating (YouTube). Think I can wait. Hopefully, since it's 2gb, it's better than the last ending.

Edit - Caved and watched the "control" ending. MUCH BETTER!

Space Suicide
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm downloading this now. 1.85 GB. Ugh.

Then I have the battlefield 3 Close Quarters DLC after it. Good while till I can do anything. :/

darktemplar007
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Is it a complete reinvention of the endings? No.
If you absolutely hated the ending originally, will you still? Probably.
Does it at least show a lot more of what happened when you pull the "choose your flavor of galaxy changing pew pews?" Yes.
It adds a lot more detail to the ending. I have only checked out the synthesis ending, but it was awesome. I loved it. I loved the ending originally, but this adds in some more to flesh it out, and it makes it a lot more enjoyable. You also see some cool stuff that hasn't been shown in the series thus far (won't spoil it).

And it's free. So fuck yeah.