PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Day (2016)

Pages : [1] 2

FernandoDante
10-01-2016, 06:15 PM
There's a new score? What? Why is no one talking about this?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/10/01/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-to-score-peter-bergs-patriots-day/

Fadeout54321
10-01-2016, 06:47 PM
This is huge. It gives me hope now that this movie will do justice to that terrible day.

Bachy
10-01-2016, 08:25 PM
This pretty much makes it official I guess:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCZxJ7hyVx/

Bachy
10-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Well, when the director announces it, I guess it's official:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCZxJ7hyVx/

#OtherStuffToo

Krazy
10-01-2016, 09:25 PM
And the NIN nerds who are really getting tired of more scores and no other music are disappointed​

Count me in that group of tiring of the scores. Fuck. :/

Bachy
10-01-2016, 10:11 PM
I for one love them. As someone who also loves film, I recognize that TR and AR are freaking perfect for this type of work. They've elevated each and every film they work on. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

onthewall2983
10-01-2016, 10:26 PM
And coming out fairly soon too. I'm guessing this is a very rushed post-production schedule, to get it ready for Oscar season.

bobbie solo
10-02-2016, 02:22 AM
Wish they weren't attached to a project about that bombing, part. by this director. Didn't like the handling of the manhunt by the police, as it looked like a military takeover more than police activity. Add in the chest thumping jingoism/nationalism that followed & this director's history of similar movies, and I'm not a fan.

fillow
10-02-2016, 03:23 AM
billy's imminent diss comment in 3.. 2.. 1..

onthewall2983
10-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Wish they weren't attached to a project about that bombing, part. by this director. Didn't like the handling of the manhunt by the police, as it looked like a military takeover more than police activity. Add in the chest thumping jingoism/nationalism that followed & this director's history of similar movies, and I'm not a fan.

I get what you're saying, but in comparison to Before the Flood, it's clear they're not playing favorites politically.

implanted_microchip
10-02-2016, 05:49 AM
I for one love them. As someone who also loves film, I recognize that TR and AR are freaking perfect for this type of work. They're elevated each and every film they work on. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

I love Trent's film score work when it doesn't feel like the only thing on Earth that he's releasing. That sure is not the current case, though.

niggo
10-02-2016, 06:05 AM
I take a new score over nothing any day. Still, I hope there will be some new NIN, too.

That being said, I really don't know how to feel about Peter Berg. I felt so excited about everything they did with Fincher because Fincher is one of my top 5 directors. Love that guy, love TRAR, it's just perfect. On the other hand I haven't seen anything from Peter Berg that stuck with me. And I don't know how to feel about the whole topic of the movie.

Then again, I didn't know how to feel about The Social Network either, and now even six years later I can't stop praising it.

Edit: Whoops, grammar.

joplinpicasso
10-02-2016, 05:24 PM
It's a little depressing that both issues like climate change and law enforcement in the face of a terrorist attack get politicized, but consider me interested sheerly on TR's & AR's scoring. Cool!

Deepvoid
10-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Big news indeed. This is getting an early January release so I'm guessing they are already working on this, if not close to being done.

Deepvoid
10-02-2016, 08:12 PM
This is an interesting project. Berg is a big name and the expectations are high for this movie. I'm expecting very different sound textures and styles than GG or TGWTDT.

implanted_microchip
10-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Berg is a big name and the expectations are high for this movie

Nothing raises my expectations like having directed Hancock and Battleship!

Deepvoid
10-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Nothing raises my expectations like having directed Hancock and Battleship!

I thought Lone Survivor, Friday Night Lights and The Kingdom were excellent movies. I'm really not basing my opinion of Berg based on Battleship. I think he's better than that. No one has a perfect track record.

But I think the high expectations are more because of the subject story then the fact that it's directed by Berg.

witte
10-03-2016, 06:38 AM
It's a little depressing that both issues like climate change and law enforcement in the face of a terrorist attack get politicized, but consider me interested sheerly on TR's & AR's scoring. Cool!
well said.
first reaction...
for me, i'm not very happy with this movie, and trent is involved
too easy. a little bit cliché?

onthewall2983
10-03-2016, 08:17 AM
I'm guessing they took this on as a way of just wanting to get back into the swing of things, possibly regardless of material, since nothing seems to be happening with Fincher at the moment.

RocketScience
10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Fuck this.

HurtinMinorKey
10-03-2016, 10:30 AM
I can't believe TR is going to be involved in Patriots Day. I think whatever waning respect I had for him might have just died.

If this was some indy film, or a dark comedy with a twisted message, I might fight a way to give him an artistic pass. But taking part in Hollywood's commercialization of the Boston Bombing cluster-fuck is fucking wretched.

Maybe I'll cool off eventually, but for now TR is dead to me.

BRoswell
10-03-2016, 10:53 AM
I too wish they were working with a different director, but I'm always up for another Trent & Atticus score. I will probably wait till the film hits home video to watch it though.

xfocalinx
10-03-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing they took this on as a way of just wanting to get back into the swing of things, possibly regardless of material, since nothing seems to be happening with Fincher at the moment.
Fincher is actually filming a TV show. So I hope TR/AR get asked to be involved with it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

onthewall2983
10-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Anything Berg does now cannot possibly be as bad as his first movie, Very Bad Things

witte
10-03-2016, 11:28 AM
I can't believe TR is going to be involved in Patriots Day. I think whatever waning respect I had for him might have just died.

If this was some indy film, or a dark comedy with a twisted message, I might fight a way to give him an artistic pass. But taking part in Hollywood's commercialization of the Boston Bombing cluster-fuck is fucking wretched.

I go for the second line.
The first en the last line is bullshit.

BRoswell
10-03-2016, 11:33 AM

I remember reading comments like this when he agreed to do the score for The Social Network. "What?! He's doing the score for a Facebook movie?! He's dead to me!"

Bachy
10-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Another score before new NIN:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/10mL1KJdolxfUI/giphy.gif

Remember, there's still three more months in 2016. For all we know, Trent could be releasing a new NIN album in November.

HurtinMinorKey
10-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I remember reading comments like this when he agreed to do the score for The Social Network. "What?! He's doing the score for a Facebook movie?! He's dead to me!"

If you can't immediately see why the two situations are not comparable, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.

billpulsipher
10-03-2016, 12:17 PM
its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on

BRoswell
10-03-2016, 12:18 PM
If you can't immediately see why the two situations are not comparable, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.

No, I think they're very comparable. I can remember people saying that there shouldn't be a film made about Mark Zuckerberg because he was a hack, a thief, an asshole, a this, a that, etc. People will always complain about movies based on real events, especially if they don't fit into their view of what is acceptable subject matter and what's not.

its pretty obvious NIN is dead and buried......Trents new thing is corporate man at apple and doing film scores...he clearly has put movie scores and apple as his number 1 priority. NIN is just some little side project now...it sucks but it is what it is...this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out. The movie scores are never going to stop. Hes going to continue to get offer after offer after offer and he will continue to say yes, yes and yes...NIN is over people. Accept it and move on

You are the last person who should be telling people to "move on".

billpulsipher
10-03-2016, 12:25 PM
No, I think they're very comparable. I can remember people saying that there shouldn't be a film made about Mark Zuckerberg because he was a hack, a thief, an asshole, a this, a that, etc. People will always complain about movies based on real events, especially if they don't fit into their view of what is acceptable subject matter and what's not.

You are the last person who should be telling people to "move on".

Trent could do a film score to a movie about the life and times of Hitler or jared from Subway and you would support it...You're not exactly objective when you lap up everything The Rez does.....just admit he disappointed you (first he firebombs Tension and then puts NIN on the back burner) Admit daddy let you down. You will feel better

and even Trent said his initial reaction to Social Network was that he thought it was a stupid facebook movie..Most NIN fans that have heard that soundtrack (myself included) dont give a fuck about the movie

sick among the pure
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
NIN's dead
undead undead undead

(NIN isn't dead, btw)

BRoswell
10-03-2016, 12:36 PM
You're not exactly objective when you lap up everything The Rez does

First off, I've never said that I was objective about his work. Second, I have criticized him in the past. Look it up.

just admit he disappointed you (first he firebombs Tension and then puts NIN on the back burner) Admit daddy let you down. You will feel better

How can I be let down when I don't OBSESS over shit like that? I mean, I've even said in the past that he should just hang NIN up and do film scores and other projects. But yes, forgive me for not shedding ample amounts of tears for stuff like the Tension Blu-ray.

Bachy
10-03-2016, 12:56 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/what-no.gif https://media3.giphy.com/media/gLrWjmW6XljZC/giphy.gif

Krazy
10-03-2016, 01:04 PM

I recall quotes being overwhelmingly positive here. Remember, we knew NIN was gonna be dead for a bit at that time.

BRoswell
10-03-2016, 01:06 PM
I recall quotes being overwhelmingly positive here. Remember, we knew NIN was gonna be dead for a bit at that time.

I wasn't around here at the time, so I'm only referencing what I read on other sites and message boards.

Deepvoid
10-03-2016, 01:28 PM

Will YOU be moving on? That is the question.

SM Rollinger
10-03-2016, 02:08 PM
NIN is dead

Long live Harambe

billpulsipher
10-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Will YOU be moving on? That is the question.

I've already moved on. I've listened to NIN once the past 6 months...Listened to Dinosaur Jr every day the past 6 months. go check their new album out. Its amazing.

raptors661
10-03-2016, 02:23 PM
NIN is dead and buried, why? Because he's taking longer than 3 years to make an album? Remember the days where it would take him half a decade to make an album? Probably not, Bill, because you act like you're 12 and is owed something.

sick among the pure
10-03-2016, 02:33 PM
I've already moved on. I've listened to NIN once the past 6 months...Listened to Dinosaur Jr every day the past 6 months. go check their new album out. Its amazing.

I think the point was you should move on from the forums.
You listened to NIN "once in the past 6 months", but how many times in the past 6 months have you come to the Nine Inch Nails section of ETS? ;)

Bachy
10-03-2016, 02:54 PM
There's a part of me that believes Bill is just Trent trolling us all.

SM Rollinger
10-03-2016, 02:59 PM
I can only aspire to reach the level of troll-y-ness that Bill achieve :(

billpulsipher
10-03-2016, 03:09 PM
There's a part of me that believes Bill is just Trent trolling us all.

or I could be Brian Hugh Warner aka Manson trolling all of you, Trent included

Vertigo
10-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Bill & Trent's Bogus Postings. Melvining us every day.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cc/30/65/cc3065ba66f63dc998b761927a275960.jpg

SM Rollinger
10-03-2016, 04:18 PM
That's right I totally forgot MMs middle name is Hugh. Makes me wonder if he has ever pulled the "my name is hugh... hugh mungus" on anybody... Hmmm.....

implanted_microchip
10-03-2016, 07:39 PM
this is what happens when you move to Hollywood and sell out.

I didn't know The Downward Spiral was a sell-out record but you heard it here first, folks

xfocalinx
10-03-2016, 10:33 PM
It's unbelievanle how unhappy people are.. just relax. Don't expect anything and be surpised.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

bobbie solo
10-04-2016, 12:01 AM
I'll take bill over Hazekiah any day of the week.

snaapz
10-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Wow it's great to hear that TR & AR have taken on another movie to score.

I would love to know how much they immerse themselves into the story during the creative writing process for each of the scenes... Do they shift their mindset into that of the victim, the terrorist, the FBI, the mourning family...?

Do they just say "oh .. okay it's a sad scene let's use some cello and piano" ... or do they stop and think " ...my wife and children were just murdered... how do I feel about that... I hate the world for this... how do I feel about that"

I've listened to GG & Dragon OST for a lot of hours while I work (SQL coder so I stare at my screen with headphones on a lot)... it's become my favourite thing.

buckaroo
10-04-2016, 10:15 AM
I didn't know The Downward Spiral was a sell-out record but you heard it here first, folks

I'm pretty sure nin has been a pop band since the beginning. It's not like he was making super inaccessible industrial noise and one day started writing pop songs to be on the radio and make money. That has apparently always been the goal. Either way, I don't see why anyone would care what movies he is scoring. They aren't promoting these scores as new nin albums. Also, people are acting like the soundtracks and scores he has been a part of up until this point have been unknown indie films... I'm pretty sure they have all been high profile, mainstream, huge releases... so what is different now?

SchwarzerAbt
10-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Will this be a serious drama aiming for award nominations or will this be a straight forward action flick? Because although it would be kind of awkward kinsidering the topic I would be really interested to hear what Trentticus would be able to contribute to a mindless action blockbuster. :D

billpulsipher
10-04-2016, 11:31 AM
1. Yeah 'march of the pigs' and 'mr self destruct' and 'ruiner' were totally made for pop radio. I am sure TR had visions of those songs being on heavy rotation on mtv and kroq

2. People are tripping out because doing score after score after score is taking up most of his time/focus (when its not on apple) and NIN is moving further and further into the background. The reaction is "oh another score? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

3. The fact he is scoring a movie about the boston bombing is a whole other issue. the fact they are even making a movie about this reeks of hollywood glorifying this shit. If they do the 9/11 movie, maybe Trent and Atticus can score that as well. They could make 2 hours of instrumental music. very brooding and minimal tech sounding..you know to CAPTURE the eerie feeling of that morning of september 11..opening in a theater near you

fillow
10-04-2016, 12:00 PM
2. People are tripping out because doing score after score after score is taking up most of his time/focus (when its not on apple) and NIN is moving further and further into the background. The reaction is "oh another score? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Somehow your reaction is the exact opposite of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. The fact he is scoring a movie about the boston bombing is a whole other issue. the fact they are even making a movie about this reeks of hollywood glorifying this shit. If they do the 9/11 movie, maybe Trent and Atticus can score that as well. They could make 2 hours of instrumental music. very brooding and minimal tech sounding..you know to CAPTURE the eerie feeling of that morning of september 11..opening in a theater near you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_(film)
You're welcome

SM Rollinger
10-04-2016, 12:00 PM
? how did all this end up here?

implanted_microchip
10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
If they do the 9/11 movie,
http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/world-trade-center-2006/large_xEaLIQfaj60KvSLZROKzgQyhY9Z.jpg

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/united-93-2006/large_hmjqDkvdsiRU5DchivRAL2D82rC.jpg

Callahan
10-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Trailer showing potential preview of the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJp96zInUQ

niggo
10-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Man, the trailer is just so wrong. Maybe the first time ever where I am really looking forward to a film's soundtrack without giving a shit about the film itself.

BRoswell
10-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Man, that trailer is SUPER schmaltzy. The music did set a nice tone though. Not sure if that's Trent & Atticus doing it or not, but I dug it.

Toadflax
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Trailer showing potential preview of the music

Oh, that swell from 0:47 to 1:02. So TR/AR.

joplinpicasso
10-05-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't believe I am familiar with this director's work (unless I've accidentally watched a scene or two), but I'm not sure how this constitutes 'selling out.' The other three films TR+AR scored were book adaptations by David Fincher (a Hollywood director). This film will be a dramatization of the Boston Marathon bombing and aftermath, I presume, by a Hollywood director.

Just curious: what is the length of time that must go by between an historic event/tragedy and a film/book that chronicles it so as to not be called cashing in/selling out? Or is that a number of you have the sneaking suspicion that this film will have some (heavy-handed) conservative agenda? (By the way, I do think that would be unfortunate)

Perhaps I'm just playing devil's advocate. Believe me, the thing I'll likely enjoy the most from this film will be the score, though.

SchwarzerAbt
10-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Haven't decided about the trailer, but the music is great! What a nicely depressing version of "America the beautiful" this is! Don't think we have to expect something narrowly patriotic out of this. I like it. :)

thevoid99
10-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Eh.... it is what I expect it to be. Schmaltzy and Oscar-baity. No thanks though that swell in the score sounds nice.

perceptionnexus
10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nsr.gif

I mean, on one hand, it's Trent, but the trailer....c'mon.

GibbonBlack
10-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Just curious: what is the length of time that must go by between an historic event/tragedy and a film/book that chronicles it so as to not be called cashing in/selling out?

Not long...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saved_from_the_Titanic

rboggs
10-06-2016, 03:35 PM
man, you guys suck.

New music, lyrics or no, is actually new music. I love the scores as much as anything TR has ever done. Do I throw on TGWDT everyday? NO, because I don't listen to anything every fucking day. I mean, he wrote a song for a fucking planet. Not just any planet, but the biggest and angriest in our solar system. Is that indie enough? Or pop?

Maybe something more sinister like FUCKING TERRORISM.

Remember YEAR ZERO? Lone wolf terrorism at home, ah hem. kinda in the doods wheelhouse.

Avarik
10-25-2016, 07:20 PM
From their new Soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-silence

BRoswell
10-25-2016, 08:19 PM
From their new Soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-silence

I actually don't think this account is official. That track sounds like it was sourced from the trailer, with some sort of noise reduction to block out the dialogue in the first half.

Arkadin
11-12-2016, 09:29 PM
While it is going to be a while before it opens, Patriots Day is going to be screened to the public for the first time this Thursday at the AFI Festival.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-14-2016, 10:42 AM
New trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02lvSb29bk

thevoid99
11-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Eh..... NO!!!! Looks so fucking Oscar-bait with a bunch of patriotic bullshit. Fuck this.

niggo
11-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Since there are mostly American users on this board I'm really interested in what you're all thinking of the new trailer / the movie. Like thevoid99 already said, it's patriotic beyond endurance. And when I open up the trailer on YouTube and take a look at the comments it seems that people mostly love it -- is that really what the average American audience wants to see?

I don't know. It's one thing to make a movie about Facebook (which seemed odd at the time) but it's a whole other thing to make a movie about a bombing which happened just three and a half years ago. I can't wrap my head around this fucking movie. Making money out of this horrible event by waving a couple of American flags and playing heroic and overly dramatic music is so fucking wrong. Urgh.

sheepdean
11-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Since there are mostly American users on this board I'm really interested in what you're all thinking of the new trailer / the movie. Like thevoid99 already said, it's patriotic beyond endurance. And when I open up the trailer on YouTube and take a look at the comments it seems that people mostly love it -- is that really what the average American audience wants to see?

I don't know. It's one thing to make a movie about Facebook (which seemed odd at the time) but it's a whole other thing to make a movie about a bombing which happened just three and a half years ago. I can't wrap my head around this fucking movie. Making money out of this horrible event by waving a couple of American flags and playing heroic and overly dramatic music is so fucking wrong. Urgh.
Poor taste is the American Standard you know.

BRoswell
11-14-2016, 07:32 PM
That trailer was ridiculously jingoistic, but I wasn't expecting anything different. I'll still be checking the film out since I like most of the cast (minus Marky Mark) and since Trent and Atticus did the score. Definitely not expecting anything as good as their work with Fincher, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by it.

Arkadin
11-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Let's give Trent the benefit of the doubt. The trailer is trying to sell the film to mainstream audiences, not give an accurate depiction of the film.

HurtinMinorKey
11-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Part of me thinks the only you can make this subject matter worthy of the art form would be to make it a dark comedy. It's a tragedy, so I think leaving it alone should be the default. That aside, there is some fertile ground for self-assessment in the events. e.g., the fact that the "terrorists" were essentially relatively well-off spoiled brats, the way the Red Sox used the tragedy as a marketing opportunity, the initial inability of the police to identify the suspects, the Reddit witch hunt.

Another rah-rah, "aren't we awesome" movie isn't very useful IMO.

thelastdisciple
11-14-2016, 10:37 PM
I wish this was the Snowden movie that they were scoring, when Ghosts I-IV was used throughout Citizen Four it was so perfect!

Fadeout54321
11-15-2016, 05:47 AM

My feelings on this movie are very mixed. When i first heard it was being made i thought it was too soon. Then when Mark Wahlberg's involvement was announced i was a bit less skeptical. Say what you will about the guy but he is from Boston, it is very clear to me that he is a homer when it comes to the city and state. The film shot and then honestly i kind of forgot about it until TR+AR involvement was announced. This gave me even more hope for this movie.

For me this movie is very close to home. I am in Boston everyday for work and this was a really fucked up couple of days. From the bombing, to not knowing what was going on or who did it for a few days and then the final manhunt and lock down, that shit was real and insane. While i remain skeptical about this movie at this point i can only hope that they do a great job.

bobbie solo
11-15-2016, 10:24 AM
And when I open up the trailer on YouTube and take a look at the comments it seems that people mostly love it -- is that really what the average American audience wants to see?

This country is split almost 50/50 on most issues and elections so any comments you might have read have an equally loud opposite sentiment out there. Oh yeah, also fuck this movie I won't be watching it.

WorzelG
11-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Trent has 3 kids now, and NIN is a costly enterprise to take on the road. Let him do a few things for the money without kicking off about artistic value for gods sake.

niggo
11-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Trent has 3 kids now, and NIN is a costly enterprise to take on the road. Let him do a few things for the money without kicking off about artistic value for gods sake.
Huh? Nobody's shitting on Trent (at least in the last couple of posts). A job is a job and I think most of us are looking forward to the soundtrack. We were just discussing the nature of the film itself.

BTW, thanks for your input, guys.

WorzelG
11-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Huh? Nobody's shitting on Trent (at least in the last couple of posts). A job is a job and I think most of us are looking forward to the soundtrack. We were just discussing the nature of the film itself.

BTW, thanks for your input, guys.

Fair enough bit of an overreaction. I recall people getting very upset about him doing the Call of Duty theme and projected!

HurtinMinorKey
11-15-2016, 01:52 PM
This country is split almost 50/50 on most issues and elections so any comments you might have read have an equally loud opposite sentiment out there. Oh yeah, also fuck this movie I won't be watching it.

Moreedfwhdsahjioeqwfju;[9fe

neorev
11-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Just what we need, something to fan the flames of hatred against Muslims. Perhaps this is just the wrong time for this movie after recent events. Hollywood are making these movies way too fast after their actual events.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey so the movie drops December 21st, and we've pretty much covered the films content here (based on what's shown in the trailer).. How about the music? What do people think of the music in the newest trailer? Any speculation or actual leads on when we'll get pre-orders and sample tracks?

sheepdean
11-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey so the movie drops December 21st, and we've pretty much covered the films content here (based on what's shown in the trailer).. How about the music? What do people think of the music in the newest trailer? Any speculation or actual leads on when we'll get pre-orders and sample tracks?
I wouldn't be shocked if there was no physical release tbh, this is such a small film, all things considered.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Yeah but Trent loves to create and release music. He's not in the business of creating music, releasing it and not marketing it in some capacity. I have a feeling that both this and Before The Flood (which was a way smaller film than this will be - more freely available, yes, but smaller overall), combined with the completely re-stocked NIN.com merch store (and influx of FB ads shoving that down our throats) are a push for funds to help with the new NIN that he recently said is well on it's way.

fillow
11-16-2016, 12:19 AM
What if... he used Ghosts for the score

Ryan
11-16-2016, 12:38 AM
What if... he used Ghosts for the score

An Even Familiar Taste?

Avarik
11-17-2016, 07:57 PM
What music is in the trailer? Why not TR+AR?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Pretty sure the music in the trailer (at least the second trailer) is them. Yes, it sounds more commercial as soundtracks go, but the piano near the end (which is a similar melody to the big orchestral music throughout), seems to be the same track and sounds like Trent. Their names are smacked on in big letters at the end of trailer as well.

Arkadin
11-18-2016, 07:40 AM
And the reviews (of the movie) are out-
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/patriots_day_2016

WorzelG
11-19-2016, 06:01 AM
Read the Guardian review which says good things about the score. Apparently it's released in the US end December and UK 24 February? Why such a wide gap between release dates
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2016/nov/18/patriots-day-review-boston-marathon-bombing-movie-is-tense-yet-respectful?client=ms-android-samsung

sheepdean
11-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Read the Guardian review which says good things about the score. Apparently it's released in the US end December and UK 24 February? Why such a wide gap between release dates
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2016/nov/18/patriots-day-review-boston-marathon-bombing-movie-is-tense-yet-respectful?client=ms-android-samsung
To be fair, Brits aren't gonna care as much about it, it's a very American film.

implanted_microchip
11-19-2016, 09:58 PM

Wouldn't be shocked if the earlier US release is just to be eligible for award season

witte
11-20-2016, 05:36 AM
To be fair, Brits Europeans aren't gonna care as much about it, it's a very American film.

;)
The movie, please no, music, please yes... On the other hand the second one cannot without the first one. It won't easy to accept.

BenAkenobi
11-20-2016, 05:45 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if the earlier US release is just to be eligible for award season

Shot in the dark: earlier US release - download only, later UK release - vinyl.

-Update-
witte is right, nevermind

witte
11-20-2016, 06:13 AM
they are talking about the movie release, not the score... two different things, i think (or am i wrong? ;) )

filmfanb
11-25-2016, 04:18 AM
All the reviews I have read all mention the score being just the right fit and tense. yas

paul_guyet
12-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Guys.
New music.
Here. (http://www.patriotsdayfilm.com/)
Very TR/AR.

chuenthez
12-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Completely TR/AR, it's in the tag of the bg_music you can reach through your browser inspector.
Name: Obama & Coffee
Album: Patriots Day (Academy (?) score)

Also I notice it's track 14/33. For the OST ? FYC ?

Prettybrokenspiral
12-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Also I notice it's track 14/33.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuenthez
12-12-2016, 04:43 AM
Who wants the FYC ?
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/361849013873?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

katara
12-12-2016, 09:54 AM
From the trailers, this film looks like typical Hollywood schmaltzy crap. It's miserably patriotic. Honestly, the music we've heard so far seems to fit that bill, too.

If TR+AR continue to make film scores, they should look to other genres; perhaps Horror or Sci-Fi with the occasional dark drama. Really push the fucking baby out of the pram, not tiptoe along and soil their names with this tripe.

I guess if we don't see NIN in 2016, this film's existence is probably to blame.

If the score is released, I will actively avoid purchasing it either physically or digitally. Sorry everyone, but this rubs me completely the wrong way.

ninjaw
12-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Who wants the FYC ?
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/361849013873?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apparently one piece has been bought by someone who warned me and is ok to share (bought immediatly there was two).

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Guessing this is fake..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5eFdjM1Po&t

SchwarzerAbt
12-13-2016, 11:04 AM
Guessing this is fake..

I tried watching the video while at work, but it was interrupted by ads every 3 Minutes. I stopped, because I'd rather listen to it in one piece.

But why do yo think it's fake?

BenAkenobi
12-13-2016, 11:29 AM
But why do yo think it's fake?

Because it turns into silence after 14 minutes

SchwarzerAbt
12-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Haha, alright. I made it to minute 13 and then decided to try it later with adblockers activated.

Arkadin
12-13-2016, 11:44 AM
From the trailers, this film looks like typical Hollywood schmaltzy crap. It's miserably patriotic. Honestly, the music we've heard so far seems to fit that bill, too.

If TR+AR continue to make film scores, they should look to other genres; perhaps Horror or Sci-Fi with the occasional dark drama. Really push the fucking baby out of the pram, not tiptoe along and soil their names with this tripe.

I guess if we don't see NIN in 2016, this film's existence is probably to blame.

If the score is released, I will actively avoid purchasing it either physically or digitally. Sorry everyone, but this rubs me completely the wrong way.

Your concern was echoed here-
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2016/11/want-lawyer-rights/

But then he actually saw the film.
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2016/11/90-patriots-day-greengrass-ian-b-peter-bergs-best-work-ever-especially-watertown-sequence/

Reznor2112
12-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Apparently one piece has been bought by someone who warned me and is ok to share (bought immediatly there was two).

"Ok to share..."

Has this person that you know bought it shared it yet? haha.

Another one is up on US Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRIOTS-DAY-SOUNDTRACK-FYC-For-Your-Consideration-PROMO-CD-SCORE-1-/361852503172?hash=item5440170484:g:lQIAAOSwJ7RYSXe ~

NIN64
12-13-2016, 12:40 PM
How has this not leaked?

ninjaw
12-13-2016, 01:07 PM
How has this not leaked?

Obviously that person is in france, but also here, be sure it will as soon as he get it, if he get it

onthewall2983
12-13-2016, 05:04 PM
To be fair, Brits aren't gonna care as much about it, it's a very American film.

I've noticed that. Sully just came out in the UK a week or two ago.

BRoswell
12-13-2016, 05:20 PM
If the score is released, I will actively avoid purchasing it either physically or digitally.

You'll ACTIVELY avoid buying it? Wow. What a sacrifice you'll be making. :p

katara
12-13-2016, 06:10 PM
You'll ACTIVELY avoid buying it? Wow. What a sacrifice you'll be making. :p
No one said you had to share my opinion. I don't feel like I'm making a sacrifice at all; this simply doesn't interest me in the slightest.

BRoswell
12-13-2016, 06:18 PM
No one said you had to share my opinion. I don't feel like I'm making a sacrifice at all; this simply doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I was just amused at how self-serious your post was, hence the "sacrifice" comment. Maybe it's because I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it if it were me who wasn't interested in it.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-13-2016, 07:47 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/7ZMAAOSwB09YSXfB/$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Ryan
12-13-2016, 08:08 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/7ZMAAOSwB09YSXfB/$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Rip and PM plz?

Sequenteon
12-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Rip and PM plz?
Me too please if you're able to.

paul_guyet
12-13-2016, 09:18 PM
That's just the picture from the eBay listing...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361852503172?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=361852503172&rmvSB=true

Deepvoid
12-14-2016, 08:24 AM
I really dig the song on the website. Looks like we're not too far away from a leak.
Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

paul_guyet
12-14-2016, 09:39 AM

This is a track from Before The Flood slowed down.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Rip and PM plz?

Sorry Ryan I don't have it. This is from ebay - I just figured the tracklisting posted would be good to add to the discussion. Not interested in shelling out $110 for an album that's dropping for 9.99 next month.

*Correction: not interested in shelling out $110 for a soundtrack.. for an album, I'd definitely do it.

ninjaw
12-14-2016, 01:17 PM
I received info about delivery, it's about 10 days min to fly to france, worst case scenario 45 days

Reznor2112
12-14-2016, 02:21 PM
I received info about delivery, it's about 10 days min to fly to france, worst case scenario 45 days

damn...will be released by then.

TinDefacto
12-15-2016, 01:03 AM
Anyone else extremely amused by the fact that the song "Twenty Six Seconds:" is 47 seconds long?

Also, Sean Collier had only one "n" in his name. :(

paul_guyet
12-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Here are my first impressions.
http://guidopaparazzi.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-review-of-trent-reznor-atticus-ross.html

simonn
12-18-2016, 03:07 AM
Here are my first impressions.
http://guidopaparazzi.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-review-of-trent-reznor-atticus-ross.html

Cheers for posting this - take it this was acquired via ebay?

More of the same then by the sounds of it? That's fine for me, love pretty much everything they've done score-wise so far, though a deviation from the norm, would be nice too (though you could say that's what NIN's for)....is there any guitar on it or is it mostly keyboard based?

ninjaw
12-18-2016, 05:08 AM
Happy to learn that it was real, now I cannot wait to rip this.
Edit: Looks like it is located in paris postal services.

paul_guyet
12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
A lot of synth walls/washes, piano, and electronics. Not very much drums or guitars. But, again, I feel like this is really only half of the whole thing.

paul_guyet
12-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Funny thing is...my second disc didn't have "End Crawl". It ended with "Main Titles". Let me know if your copy is different, would you?

Sequenteon
12-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Funny thing is...my second disc didn't have "End Crawl". It ended with "Main Titles". Let me know if your copy is different, would you?

if you are able to and in a sharing mood please PM

buckaroo
12-18-2016, 06:43 PM
if you are able to and in a sharing mood please PM

I hate to be that guy, but a PM would be awesome!

Reznor2112
12-18-2016, 09:00 PM

Would love a PM as well. :)

blitzkrieg
12-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Would love it too

ninjaw
12-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Dunno where you all are, but the french copy seems to be arrived, rip will follow, its owner will be happy to share. I think it would be a good idea to beg directly in pm ? I'm just reporting from the real owner and bidder from french forums.

chuenthez
12-19-2016, 09:51 AM

same here. not such a big problem knowing that usually nobody talks during the end crawl - it will be fully available on the movie.
For the others, if you want consideration, just like this post and wait, you will receive some ;) (in this way no need for 200 messages asking for PM)

ninjaw
12-19-2016, 09:53 AM
It's amazing how Spain is close to France

Reznor2112
12-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Any chance someone could upload to a site that doesn't bombard with spam? I really appreciate the link from chuenthez but I can't even get past the spam to figure out how to download it. Any chance of a WeTransfer or other site?

sheepdean
12-19-2016, 04:59 PM
will seed for food

Ryan
12-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Still awaitin' that thar PM.

Ryan
12-19-2016, 06:09 PM

I wonder why that is?

Demogorgon
12-20-2016, 03:03 AM
it's available for downloading on a site that hosts new album releases, for anyone who has about 45 minutes to let it download.

Ryan
12-20-2016, 04:26 AM
Do we have an official track list anywhere yet? Or just the FYC soundtrack so far?

neorev
12-20-2016, 05:48 AM
if anyone is still in need of a link and/or alternate link, shoot me a pm. gotcha covered.

Ryan
12-20-2016, 05:49 AM
Thanks to whoever PMed me the FYC!

Still wondering why it says "End Crawl" as the last track on the eBay listing but we don't have it here...

chuenthez
12-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Thanks to whoever PMed me the FYC!

Still wondering why it says "End Crawl" as the last track on the eBay listing but we don't have it here...

I think there is nothing more to see here than a basic miss when putting the songs on the original CD.

chuenthez
12-20-2016, 06:48 AM
I didn't really listen carefully to the FYC, but the music starting from 1:05 (and 1:55) in the video below, which doesn't sound like Trenticcus at all actually, doesn't seem to be on it, right ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJXqh2rDehg

RJK
12-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Thank you to everyone for getting this out. Has anyone been able to scan the actual cover artwork for this? It would be fantastic if that were possible.

ninjaw
12-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Thank you to everyone for getting this out. Has anyone been able to scan the actual cover artwork for this? It would be fantastic if that were possible.

Yes, some people received the scan, and apparently it has been re-shared.

chuenthez
12-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Yep sorry it wasn't on my shared .zip, but some people already re-uploaded my (awful) scan I sent somewhere else:

http://s23.postimg.org/6why3suhn/w7wpsfqj.jpg

ecirb
12-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Here is the image that was embedded in the .mp3 "Obama & Coffee" from the Patriots Day website:

https://s28.postimg.org/ysas43l4d/folder.jpg

chuenthez
12-20-2016, 12:08 PM
One guy somewhere told me the CD was full of "clipping", especially tracks "Hospital & Whole Milk" and "Vigil". I cannot hear it but I don't have an amazing setup to listen to it. Do you guys find the same ?

ROFLRICK
12-20-2016, 01:05 PM
One guy somewhere told me the CD was full of "clipping", especially tracks "Hospital & Whole Milk" and "Vigil". I cannot hear it but I don't have an amazing setup to listen to it. Do you guys find the same ?

It's definitely audible in certain tracks, and I'm listening on Amazon Basics earbuds at work.

Jon
12-20-2016, 01:46 PM

I ran it through the DR meter; the formatting isn't working properly with copy/paste and I don't feel like spending the time, but...

There's absolutely no headroom on this pressing except the track "They Got The Wife". The peak values are either at "0" or "over" for every other track.

ROFLRICK
12-20-2016, 04:08 PM
I ran it through the DR meter; the formatting isn't working properly with copy/paste and I don't feel like spending the time, but...

There's absolutely no headroom on this pressing except the track "They Got The Wife". The peak values are either at "0" or "over" for every other track.

That's unfortunate, as this release will likely be unique unto itself...

p_rez17
12-20-2016, 04:40 PM
For what it's worth, here is a recreation of the FYC artwork I put together in photoshop using the elements found on the official website. Not an exact copy, but good enough for me.
*AND WE'RE BACK.
**Sorry, still don't know how to resize on this board. Link to full res:http://www.mediafire.com/view/28vbf87ja4r514q/patsday_fyc.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c212/28vbf87ja4r514qzg.jpg

chuenthez
12-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Amazing work but there's a T in considertation ;)

richardp
12-20-2016, 06:01 PM
EDIT---

Got it! Thanks dudes!!

paul_guyet
12-20-2016, 06:35 PM
FYC discs aren't known for their audio fidelity. They're just meant to give those voting a rough picture. The final release is going to feature a lot more material and sound much better. Reznor would probably be pissed if he knew this was circulating...
Shhhh....

p_rez17
12-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Also made a bigger version of the artwork embedded in "Obama & Coffee".
The embedded artwork is 422x422.
This is 1200x1200: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d87b/58paivt01msecvwzg.jpg
*also, if anyone can tell me how to resize on this board, I'd appreciate it. This is too big.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d87b/58paivt01msecvwzg.jpg

Ryan
12-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Soundtrack page created - feel free to add more content.

I edited "Seann" to "Sean":

http://www.nin.wiki/Patriots_Day_Soundtrack

Ruined
12-21-2016, 07:14 AM
So has any release date been given for physical copies of this score? It's odd that there isn't a pre-order listing on the NIN page yet since the movie is a few days away. Thanks.

paul_guyet
12-21-2016, 10:33 AM
The film isn't getting a wide release until 1/13, later in other countries. We'll see something in a week or two.

Shadaloo
12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Holy shit, this week's the gift that keeps on giving.

Is the 320 kbps rip out there the best currently or is something lossless floating aboot?

stephj
12-21-2016, 12:45 PM
is it too late to ask for a PM? :)

ninjaw
12-21-2016, 02:34 PM
roll back guys, there wasnt mp3 but flac, and there wasn't PM beg

neorev
12-21-2016, 03:50 PM
If anyone would like the For Your Consideration in lossless, shoot me a PM.
Included both artworks above along with this one below that looks like the official artwork for your choosing.
;)

P.S.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/bondo321/Cover 1_zps0h0nllqy.png

SchwarzerAbt
12-21-2016, 05:20 PM
along with this one below that looks like the official artwork for your choosing. ;)

P.S http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/bondo321/Cover 1_zps0h0nllqy.png

Oh please no! The previous artworks looked 10x better imho! :O

neorev
12-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Oh please no! The previous artworks looked 10x better imho! :O

I agree, but I'm afraid with this being your usual pro-American Oscar drama flick, we may get a half ass cover such as this. Let's hope not.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Fuckin' @neorev (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=584) for the win again.

Don't fuck with New York, bitches :D

thevoid99
12-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Ugh... that is an ugly album cover.

Jon
12-22-2016, 12:22 AM
Ugh... that is an ugly album cover.

Of course, Mark Wahlberg looks confused.

Not sure if this was mentioned but the National Board Of Review Of Motion Pictures gave the Spotlight Award to the "creative collaboration of Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg" (http://www.nationalboardofreview.org/?s=Creative%20Collaboration%20of%20Peter%20Berg%20 and%20Mark%20Wahlberg). (?)

simonn
12-22-2016, 01:42 AM
Anyone else noticed that Arrival and Interrogation are variations on Escape Attempt, one of the Apple exclusives for Gone Girl? Something for the wiki page?

onthewall2983
12-22-2016, 05:17 AM
Boston Globe: "Heartfelt and unnecessary (https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2016/12/20/patriot-act-marathon-bombing-gets-hollywood-treatment/hy98c7gZs58MLoXmZtgbcJ/story.html#comments)"

Ryan
12-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Included both artworks above along with this one below that looks like the official artwork for your choosing.
;)

P.S.

Where did you come across this?

Ryan
12-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Anyone else noticed that Arrival and Interrogation are variations on Escape Attempt, one of the Apple exclusives for Gone Girl? Something for the wiki page?

Thanks for the info!

neorev
12-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Ryan
A forum community I peruse that is dedicated to video game and movie soundtracks.

Kooler Than Jesus
12-22-2016, 07:46 PM
What is the official release date for the actual soundtrack album? Not announced yet? No info (tracklist, etc) at all?

Ryan
12-22-2016, 07:58 PM
@Ryan (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=67)
A forum community I peruse that is dedicated to video game and movie soundtracks.

Thanks! Updated here: http://www.nin.wiki/Patriots_Day_Soundtrack

Al_Hunter
12-23-2016, 03:47 AM
Funny how John Goodman only appears to have one expression as he's gotten older...

;)

P.S.

Ryan
12-23-2016, 04:06 AM
Dem eyebrows.

MrMojoRisin
12-23-2016, 03:11 PM
That must be the worst artwork to anything Trent Reznor related ever. Ugh...

sheepdean
12-23-2016, 03:41 PM
That must be the worst artwork to anything Trent Reznor related ever. Ugh...
http://nincatalog.com/media/item_images/1094-06.jpg
Maybe a close second?

Jon
12-24-2016, 08:44 AM
http://nincatalog.com/media/item_images/1094-06.jpg
Maybe a close second?

Now that's a micro penis.

paul_guyet
12-25-2016, 10:09 AM
So, saw Patriots Day yesterday and, regarding the utilization of the music in the film: you could have just hit play with the FYC. Kind of like TSN and GG, but more exact; if a song was 2:17, the scene was 2:17.

Also, there WAS no "End Crawl", they had some Irish drinking song.

I feel like the official score is going to be at least an hour of music not used in the film.

Conan The Barbarian
12-25-2016, 11:02 AM
;)

P.S.

I tried shooting you one, but your pm box is full.

bobbie solo
12-25-2016, 11:11 PM
TRENT REZNOR & ATTICUS ROSS"

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~jbass/courses/402/images/phantom_lady_oof.jpg

simonn
12-28-2016, 01:47 AM
I feel like the official score is going to be at least an hour of music not used in the film.

Why do you think that, what would be the point of putting music not from the film on the soundtrack? Do you mean non TR/AR music? Did you like the film as a whole?

As an aside - positive feedback from a recent review:-

Speaking of music, Patriot's Day is notable for its score composed by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross. There seems to be a bit of confusion and/or consternation as to why the acclaimed pair behind the score of David Fincher'sThe Social Network and Gone Girl would commit to such a potentially controversial/manipulative movie. As it turns out, Reznor & Ross execute exactly what Berg asks of them, enhancing the director's final product to a level that rivals the greatest of his peers, yet laying bare his faults more than usual. Berg can't seem to help himself from delving into melodrama, so the bits of solemn piano and optimistic refrains come on extra thick in the hands of these powerful composers. On the other hand, Berg's stylistic panache and control of tension are amplified to new heights thanks to moments of unnerving audio Reznor & Ross provide, on par with any of their Fincher projects.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/12/22/patriots-day-review-statute-of-limitations

chuenthez
12-29-2016, 04:59 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRIOTS-DAY-SOUNDTRACK-FYC-For-Your-Consideration-PROMO-CD-SCORE-1-/361865113303?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:FR:3160

Another FYC here, 12 tracks, if somebody is rich enough ^^

Warped_Savant
12-29-2016, 05:56 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRIOTS-DAY-SOUNDTRACK-FYC-For-Your-Consideration-PROMO-CD-SCORE-1-/361865113303?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:FR:3160

Another FYC here, 12 tracks, if somebody is rich enough ^^
Someone has purchased it already. (Only $88!)
Only 12 tracks though.... I doubt this was a legit version.

chuenthez
12-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Someone has purchased it already. (Only $88!)
Only 12 tracks though.... I doubt this was a legit version.

Well it came from a guy with good rating and who already sold the other FYC... Don't know what to think.
Anyway it's gone and I hope it'll resurface soon.

fillow
12-29-2016, 06:43 AM
I vaguely remember the previous version having a label "for the Golden Globe" or something like that. Maybe there's different version for Oscars?

Ryan
12-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Here is the image that was embedded in the .mp3 "Obama & Coffee" from the Patriots Day website:

https://s28.postimg.org/ysas43l4d/folder.jpg

Can someone please PM me the mp3 of "Obama & Coffee"?

Meanwhile, I've added these recent finds here:

Upload better artwork if they become available.

ninjaw
12-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Can someone please PM me the mp3 of "Obama & Coffee"?

Meanwhile, I've added these recent finds here:

Upload better artwork if they become available.

Pm? seriously? it's still officially downloadable http://www.patriotsdayfilm.com/img/_music/bg_music.mp3

edit : also your listing is wrong, it's missing a song, guess wich one ?

Ryan
12-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Yes, seriously, because I mainly browse on my phone and it will be nice and convenient to have it ready in a PM when I next log on to my laptop.

ninjaw
12-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Yes, seriously, because I mainly browse on my phone and it will be nice and convenient to have it ready in a PM when I next log on to my laptop.

Yeah well :) I pmed you that link.

paul_guyet
12-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Why do you think that, what would be the point of putting music not from the film on the soundtrack? Do you mean non TR/AR music? Did you like the film as a whole?

I thought it was a really solid Oscar film.

Regarding the score; remember how Dragon Tattoo had almost 40 tracks on the official score, but only about a third of them were used in the film, with many of them being tweaked and reused? That's what I'm talking about. There's about an hour of actual, unique songs on the Golden Globes FYC and in the film (the FYC is IDENTICAL to what's used in the film, down to song lengths), and the rest are versions and permutations of those unique songs. There aren't four versions of the same song (Donuts & Legs/Vigil/Obama & Coffee/Watchlisted) on the final release.
As far as what would be the point of making two and a half hours of music for a film and only using less than half of that IN the film? You'd have to ask the director.

Ryan
12-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah well :) I pmed you that link.

I didn't see your edited post with the direct link in it until now, thanks for that. jmtd there was no need for that facepalm.

ninjaw
12-29-2016, 04:53 PM
I didn't see your edited post with the direct link in it until now, thanks for that. @jmtd (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=663) there was no need for that facepalm.

Just to be clear with anyone in the future: that BG music had a full idtag with never seen before cover, track number and name... well the FYC name.
Actually my edit was just to notify you that the tracklist was serioulsy wrong on ninwiki, THE song is missing and the track numbers are wrong after it.

untold
12-29-2016, 07:31 PM
So according to NinWiki a second FYC cd has surfaced, a score sample with different tracks names, am i right ?

Ryan
12-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Just to be clear with anyone in the future: that BG music had a full idtag with never seen before cover, track number and name... well the FYC name.
Actually my edit was just to notify you that the tracklist was serioulsy wrong on ninwiki, THE song is missing and the track numbers are wrong after it.

Yeah I somehow omitted it when I was creating the article initially. I think I fixed it now.

Ryan
12-29-2016, 07:38 PM
So according to NinWiki a second FYC cd has surfaced, a score sample with different tracks names, am i right ?

Correct:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361865113303?_trksid=p2141725.m3662.l6403&_mwBanner=1

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTM0NlgxNjAw/z/ujcAAOSw44BYZEWH/$_3.JPG

untold
12-29-2016, 07:49 PM
why a math teacher and an hair styler are on the cover ? a different artwork for the movie ? again ?

;-)

more eyebrows please !

untold
12-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Obama & Coffee = Broken Glass

Warped_Savant
12-29-2016, 09:12 PM
Has anyone been able to get a physical copy yet? I'd be curious to see if it's some of the songs from the other one but with different titles.

Ryan
12-29-2016, 09:17 PM
why a math teacher and an hair styler are on the cover ? a different artwork for the movie ? again ?

;-)

more eyebrows please !

That's the back cover.

jmtd
12-30-2016, 02:24 AM
I didn't see your edited post with the direct link in it until now, thanks for that. @jmtd (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=663) there was no need for that facepalm.

I dunno. Asking someone to mail you a URL because you are on a phone seems facepalm-worthy to me, but perhaps edits have mixed up the order of events.

Ryan
12-30-2016, 02:58 AM
I dunno. Asking someone to mail you a URL because you are on a phone seems facepalm-worthy to me, but perhaps edits have mixed up the order of events.

Because I thought the fucking thing was no longer readily available. Don't be a cunt.

Ryan
12-30-2016, 02:58 AM
Actually, your general fucking attitude seems facepalm-worthy to me.

simonn
12-30-2016, 04:44 AM
I thought it was a really solid Oscar film.

There aren't four versions of the same song (Donuts & Legs/Vigil/Obama & Coffee/Watchlisted) on the final release.

Certainly hope not....I've shortened it down to around an hour of music on a playlist I've made with no repeat themes! Much more palatable.

paul_guyet
12-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Certainly hope not....I've shortened it down to around an hour of music on a playlist I've made with no repeat themes! Much more palatable.

Agreed. That pinging, high-pitched alarm noise really starts to get to you after the 8th or 9th track on which it's featured.

wizfan
12-30-2016, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcqJ15P.jpg

Ryan
12-30-2016, 06:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcqJ15P.jpg

Best post ever.

trollmanen
12-30-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm interested in a link to the FYC tracks, if someone is so inclined.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-31-2016, 03:30 AM
I'm interested in a link to the FYC tracks, if someone is so inclined.

I offered them to you in exchange for the Niggy Tardust instrumentals which you claimed to have, but apparently don't..

Ryan
12-31-2016, 03:38 AM
I offered them to you in exchange for the Niggy Tardust instrumentals which you claimed to have, but apparently don't..

i can give you both of that shit man, PM me

Prettybrokenspiral
12-31-2016, 03:55 AM
i can give you both of that shit man, PM me

Thanks, I appreciate it!

ninjaw
12-31-2016, 06:08 AM
there's lot of ppl giving it for free, don't worry, you could have check previous posts to learn how, but you found it.

ninjaw
12-31-2016, 06:11 AM

Wtf was that ? we recently (this month) shared flac for these, for free, it wasn't on this topic and wasn't him ? also it is not rare or recent ?,well aside the flac quality.

Deacon Blackfire
12-31-2016, 02:28 PM
I'm kind of fascinated by how little press and promotion Trent and Atticus seem to be doing for this film. Like Trent said some nice shit about the movie in the recent Rolling Stone interview but compared to the usual way the NIN camp publicizes his and Atticus's scoring work, Patriots Day seems incredibly subdued and pushed to the side. It kind of reinforces this sense I've had that this is a much more casual, work-for-hire gig for them, and not as creatively driven as their scores for David Fincher, or for Before the Flood (which they just seem a lot more proud of).

Either way, even though I'm not really interested by the movie itself (I lived a few blocks from the bombing when it happened so there is definitely some personal significance playing into that), I'm curious about the score and would appreciate a PM. I'd also appreciate a PM of the NiggyTardust instrumentals, which I somehow missed completely.

paul_guyet
12-31-2016, 03:53 PM
When/where did the Niggy Tardust instrumentals surface? Missed those as well.

ninjaw
12-31-2016, 04:27 PM
When/where did the Niggy Tardust instrumentals surface? Missed those as well.

Mmhh, well I absolutly don't know, too old, the flac quality surfaced, and of course it's in the download section : http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/250-Download-Archive?p=325618#post325618

paul_guyet
12-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Mmhh, well I absolutly don't know, too old, the flac quality surfaced, and of course it's in the download section : http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/250-Download-Archive?p=325618#post325618
Much thanks!

Warped_Savant
12-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Has anyone been able to get a copy of the 12 song FYC "Score Sampler" yet? I'm hoping to find the songs somewhere.
(And, for that matter, does anyone know if they're the same as what's on the 2 disc FYC just with different names?)

untold
01-01-2017, 03:30 AM
Has anyone been able to get a copy of the 12 song FYC "Score Sampler" yet? I'm hoping to find the songs somewhere.
(And, for that matter, does anyone know if they're the same as what's on the 2 disc FYC just with different names?)

searching for this one these last two days too, not lucky so far

FineFinchTails
01-02-2017, 06:27 AM

Same here.

Also, why is the 2CD set so badly clipped (no limiter was used)?

ninjaw
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Écouter Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - Capture & Fenway par Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross #np sur #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-capture-fenway

untold
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
hmm curious same track name as on the FYC version, and they are different on the twelve tracks edition.
I was thinking that the FYC titles were the ones referring to events directly related to the movie, as "Hand Covers Bruise" opposed to "Main Title Theme" for The Social Network.

EDIT : if it's an unofficial soundcloud account, this is normal

Corona Radiata
01-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Is there an official release date for the score yet?

ninjaw
01-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Ho ! btw some work for Ryan
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000200961910-1m6w8k-t500x500.jpg

Ryan
01-04-2017, 05:20 AM
Ho ! btw some work for @Ryan (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=67)
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000200961910-1m6w8k-t500x500.jpg

What's that?

ninjaw
01-04-2017, 07:04 AM
What's that?

Official soundclound cover on 01/01/2017

edit: this isn't official and nobody said it ?

Warped_Savant
01-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Official soundclound cover on 01/01/2017

edit: this isn't official and nobody said it ?
It just started to be spoken about over here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/4333-NIN-spotting-2017?p=333901#post333901

streetman
01-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Wow. There seems to be an endless amount of tracks on this score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU2MwGB-tNE

paul_guyet
01-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Yeah, that's the Golden Globes' FYC disc tracklist. Those titles all refer to cues from the film. It's not the final tracklist.

Tommy_Macbeth
01-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know of anyway to listen to Capture and Fenway from the soundtrack?

Nvrmnd All Good!

FineFinchTails
01-06-2017, 05:21 AM
For those who own the 2CD FYC set, are these pressed on silver CDs or CDRs? I ask because some eBay sellers for the previous soundtrack FYCs (Gone Girl, etc) have been selling home made copies on CDR.

joplinpicasso
01-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but this hasn't been officially released yet, correct? Just FYC pressings and probably-not official uploads to Soundcloud?

ninjaw
01-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but this hasn't been officially released yet, correct? Just FYC pressings and probably-not official uploads to Soundcloud?

You forgot the official FYC mp3 track.

Ash512
01-07-2017, 06:55 PM
If anyone has it around, it'd definitely be interested in a link to the sampler :)

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
01-10-2017, 01:29 AM
as would I.....HINT

FineFinchTails
01-10-2017, 03:22 AM
as would I

theimage13
01-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm kind of fascinated by how little press and promotion Trent and Atticus seem to be doing for this film. Like Trent said some nice shit about the movie in the recent Rolling Stone interview but compared to the usual way the NIN camp publicizes his and Atticus's scoring work, Patriots Day seems incredibly subdued and pushed to the side. It kind of reinforces this sense I've had that this is a much more casual, work-for-hire gig for them, and not as creatively driven as their scores for David Fincher, or for Before the Flood (which they just seem a lot more proud of).

If I were involved in this project, I'd be as quiet about it as possible. Nothing says "great movie" like a guy with a history of racist assaults portraying a made-up hero character in a very recent terrorist attack, giving a big "fuck you" to the actual people who worked their asses off following the bombing. And yes, if it's not obvious, I also have several personal connections to the Boston Marathon bombing, including not being able to reach family who were at the marathon in the immediate aftermath.

I think this is the first TR release that I'm not going to buy. I'm not giving a single cent to this film.

WorzelG
01-10-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure this will be released as a score for 2 reasons
One is that when it has been mentioned in an interview there has been no mention in brackets that the score will be released on its own and i'm sure they usually do that. Second is that people in the nin camp are reading ETS and no one has shut down the FYC business in here or tried to stop them on eBay.

streetman
01-11-2017, 01:24 AM
Mark Wahlberg racist? But he said he loved Hidden Fences! :p

Corona Radiata
01-11-2017, 02:11 AM
I'd really rather not have to listen to some dumb low quality leak, or even worse - watch the movie. Release the soundtrack Trent.

WorzelG
01-11-2017, 02:41 AM
I'd really rather not have to listen to some dumb low quality leak, or even worse - watch the movie. Release the soundtrack Trent.

The FYC thing is what they send to the people considering it for awards, so it's not really a leak. Also the files are pretty good quality.
The way things have turned out I'd MUCH rather he spend time working on live NIN rehearsals than do anything else with this.

ninjaw
01-11-2017, 03:17 AM
The FYC thing is what they send to the people considering it for awards, so it's not really a leak. Also the files are pretty good quality.
The way things have turned out I'd MUCH rather he spend time working on live NIN rehearsals than do anything else with this.

Ppl, reported bad sound on it, but yes, it's still flac.