PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I was a bit weary when I heard that they were going to try and make a TV show based on zombies from a comic book series, but after ripping through the first season on Blu-ray I found myself pleasantly surprised. If you haven't had the chance to check this series out, DO IT. You can thank me later :p

The make-up on the Zombies is top notch too....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/TWD-Episode101-Zombie-Grass-WM-560.jpg

spahn
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Better yet, go out and get the comics. They are fantastic. Lots of gore, great character development and there isn't a happy ending...at least not yet.
I'm currently reading the Rise of the Governor, which will be (I hope) a major character in the TV Show.

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Better yet, go out and get the comics. They are fantastic. Lots of gore, great character development and there isn't a happy ending...at least not yet.
I'm currently reading the Rise of the Governor, which will be (I hope) a major character in the TV Show.

This is true. I wish I had started with the Comics first but now find myself with A LOT of catching up to do (reading wise)

Goldfoot
11-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I quite like this show, but this season has been dragging a bit while they are at the farm. It would be boring if they just sat around all the time trying to survive. While that would be a good idea in the event of an actual zombie outbreak, it's not good for a serial television show.

orestes
11-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Daryl is the only one who hasn't been insufferable this season.

theburningreptile
11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Daryl is the only one who hasn't been insufferable this season.

Agreed. He's my favorite character on the show. I hope they do more with him. I was on the edge of my seat 2 episodes ago. Those who have seen that episode will know why. Other than him I don't like any other characters that much.

REPLICA
11-27-2011, 08:55 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with the show since the season premiere. I loved the first season and was really looking forward to watching every episode of this season in order. I might have to get on AMC next Sunday, I think they still replay the previous episodes during the afternoon/evening.

ltrandazzo
11-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow.

That was a brilliant mid-season finale.

I love how different this is compared to the comic. The fact that Shane is still alive and disrupting story beats from the comic with his presence and now contributing to the breaking point of all that was taking place on the farm...

Wow. I love it.

NotoriousTIMP
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
watching tonights episode right now! *squeee!*

orestes
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
It was a good way to break off the season until new episodes next February. Rick has to be a changed man now.

NotoriousTIMP
11-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Man, feb. cant come soon enough. You're right Orestes, they ended this at a good spot.....

Sent from your girl's iPhone

lady weetly
11-28-2011, 03:58 AM
I really loved this episode. My friend and I were literally yelling about the ending. I started reading the Compendium a couple weeks ago and I do love how this is different from the books. I really hope Shane will get killed off on the next half though.

theburningreptile
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I really liked the mid-season finale. I couldn't believe the ending though. I hope that Shane dies soon too. The actor is that plays him is great. Also, I hope that Daryl never dies. Ever. Zen Buddha Zombie Hunter ftw.

PeedroPaula
11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with the show since the season premiere. I loved the first season and was really looking forward to watching every episode of this season in order. I might have to get on AMC next Sunday, I think they still replay the previous episodes during the afternoon/evening.

I no longer have cable and relied on AMC streaming the Season 2 episodes online. Unfortunately, they ONLY streamed episode 201 so I've had to do without. I'm afraid they won't stream Season 2 until just before the new episodes in February, if then. :(:mad:

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I really loved this episode. My friend and I were literally yelling about the ending. I started reading the Compendium a couple weeks ago and I do love how this is different from the books. I really hope Shane will get killed off on the next half though.

Really? For a while I wanted him to die, too, but now that he's more turning into Rick's counterpart, I almost want to see if he'll make it to season 3, if not the very end of season 2. For a minute I actually thought he was going to get shot before his little meltdown at the end of the mid-season finale.

I'm one of those people that didn't read the comics until after I started watching season 1, but I've gotta say that I don't necessarily wish I'd read the comics before the show. Well, I guess it sounds like a bad thing when I word it like that, but what I mean is that watching the show and reading the comics don't really ruin one or the other for me. The stories follow the same general timeline, but everything's so tossed up that it's like seeing two different universes in the realm of The Walking Dead. I mean, with the inclusion of new characters, extending some characters' timelines and shortening others, plus throwing in new plot twists, the show really stands out from the comics.

Am I the only one that watches Talking Dead?? Did anyone else get hella excited when they heard Kirkman say he was trying to write a part for Michonne to appear in the show in the near future?

And #wtfOtis??

S. Chonson
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I can dig it.

lady weetly
12-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Am I the only one that watches Talking Dead?? Did anyone else get hella excited when they heard Kirkman say he was trying to write a part for Michonne to appear in the show in the near future?

I've only caught a few afterward, but oooo this is very awesome. I didn't know this! :D

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I've only caught a few afterward, but oooo this is very awesome. I didn't know this! :D

YES. :) It was pretty cool, too. I guess a couple days before the most recent episode was the hosts birthday, so Greg Nicotero gave him the actual zombie ear necklace prop that Daryl put together earlier in the season. AND Alice Cooper was one of the fan callers. Chris just said "Oh my god! I have the biggest nerd boner right now!"

bobbie solo
12-03-2011, 02:08 AM
I no longer have cable and relied on AMC streaming the Season 2 episodes online. Unfortunately, they ONLY streamed episode 201 so I've had to do without. I'm afraid they won't stream Season 2 until just before the new episodes in February, if then. :(:mad:

learn how to use torrents my friend, then get an invite to demonoid.me. i can get one for u if u want.

imail724
12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Shouldn't Darryl be a zombie by now after impaling himself on the arrow he's been shooting through other zombies?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

orestes
12-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Eh, the show has pretty much nulled the concept that you can become a zombie by coming in contact with body fluids. What, with Rick and Daryl vivisecting a dead walker, for example. The only sure way to become a walker is to be bitten by one.

LEA
12-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I loved the first season, but this season was pretty meh until last week's episode. I'm hoping when it starts back up again it stays on that track.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Eh, the show has pretty much nulled the concept that you can become a zombie by coming in contact with body fluids. What, with Rick and Daryl vivisecting a dead walker, for example. The only sure way to become a walker is to be bitten by one.

yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.

ltrandazzo
12-03-2011, 04:46 PM
yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.

It was Shane. Carl shot him and they buried his body. Rick went back once he found out about Lori's pregnancy and their one-nighter, watched him pull himself up from the grave all zombified, and shot him again.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you! Now I remember. I really do need to re-read them if that's who I was forgetting. :D Last I remember reading was... The Governor was storming the prison with the tank and half the city. Sooo excited to see what happens next!

imail724
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Great episode last night. Rick showed he's a bad m-er f-er and I think some serious shit is gonna go down between him and shane before the season's up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NotoriousTIMP
02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
All I know is next Sunday can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

profane
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
The Walking Dead: 40 minutes are like a conversation with your mother, and 5 minutes are awesome and badass.
Don't get me wrong, I love convo-heavy shows (Mad Men, Deadwood) but this one is really tiring.

smokey_mcpot
02-19-2012, 09:52 AM
loved the conflict in the bar. very on the edge-of-your-seat stuff!

bobbie solo
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
the producer insisted we're going to get more action/zombies as the final episodes of the season progress. I'll believe it when I see it, but the previews show the continuation of the bar scene to be potentially very intense.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
the producer insisted we're going to get more action/zombies as the final episodes of the season progress. I'll believe it when I see it, but the previews show the continuation of the bar scene to be potentially very intense.

If you've seen any of the newer little clips or tv spots they've put up in the last couple days, you'll see clips of walkers ON the farm, sometime soon. Also, I caught one earlier tonight where Daryl's holding a gun toward the camera and saying "*something something* my brother." So I'm really hoping we see Merle again by the end of the season.

Also, I'm still 100% sure that he's going to be the TV show's Governor. Sure, I know I could be wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to that.

Edit: lul at Talking Dead when Dave Navarro said he's a huge fan of the show, then asked, "Uhh, Dale...He's that old guy, right?"

orestes
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
How is Lori still alive?

Also, nice that Hershel had time to attempt an emergency amputation while they're surrounded by walkers. Ugh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
How is Lori still alive?

Also, nice that Hershel had time to attempt an emergency amputation while they're surrounded by walkers. Ugh.

The magic of cutaways and editing. :P

And shit, last weekend I was still reeling over "How does Lori hit the ONE walker in the middle of the road in broad daylight??" #onlyawoman

ltrandazzo
02-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I love how people complain about implausibility over a show with zombies in it, based on a comic with zombies in it.

Anyway, loved these first two episodes back, especially since there are little nods to the comic with where the story could be going. Also, the clip for next week has me really excited, especially once I saw exactly where Rick and Shane were at.

orestes
02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm not complaining about implausibility. It was simply wasted plot.

ltrandazzo
02-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I disagree. It was Lori making a bad decision, which is common for her character. That bad decision led to Shane going after her and telling a lie to do two things - 1. Reaffirm to Shane that he will just not let go of the idea that they should be together and 2. Show Lori the same thing and cause her to plant the idea in Rick's head that his buddy is losing control. It might seem like a throwaway on the surface, but it serves a purpose by adding to the overall tension that is building within the group.

orestes
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm talking about the incident in town between Hershel, Rick and Glen.

Deadpool
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Also, I'm still 100% sure that he's going to be the TV show's Governor. Sure, I know I could be wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to that.

Edit: lul at Talking Dead when Dave Navarro said he's a huge fan of the show, then asked, "Uhh, Dale...He's that old guy, right?"

Wow. That's an extremely cool prediction. That would really be something. I've been racking my brain for actors I'd like to see in the role, but Merle filling it is mighty intriguing. And yeah, fuck Dave Navarro - Dale's my favorite character on the show!

I love the gradual villainy of Shane as well. It's amazing how the show's expanded his character, but I firmly believe he's meant as an antagonist more than anything else. You can only undermine the main character so much. Hershel laying down the law to Shane on tonight's episode was AWESOME by the way.

ltrandazzo
02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
How was that wasted plot? There is another camp that now knows about Rick and Co. and they're heading back to regroup and tell whoever is leading them that four of their guys were killed. Wasted? Hardly. Also, the scene with the kid and his leg and the fact that Rick was still showing compassion was definitely the linchpin in Hershel's mind that Rick really is a good person and further reaffirms that Shane is not. Again, for the overall story, these incidents make sense.

orestes
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Meh, I would have left the guy to die. :p

Zipfinator
02-20-2012, 03:25 AM
About the Merle being the governor prediction, Robert and the show's producers have already stated multiple times that they're not planning to turn Merle into the governor. Also Robert wrote a book detailing the entire back story of the governor that doesn't coincide with Merle's life in the show. Perhaps they'll change their minds for the show though. As you guys have said it would be awesome, especially considering how Daryl would react to those events, but I'm not expecting it at all after many of the people who run the show have said they're not planning to do that.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I love how people complain about implausibility over a show with zombies in it, based on a comic with zombies in it.

Anyway, loved these first two episodes back, especially since there are little nods to the comic with where the story could be going. Also, the clip for next week has me really excited, especially once I saw exactly where Rick and Shane were at.

Hell, my complaint wasn't even really a complaint about it the implausibility. But I mean...of all things to happen to her? I just think they could have been more creative with how it happened. But I agree with how important it was for her to go out and have the accident. Shane's slowly losing fans in the group as a whole, for sure. Even Andrea seems like she as her moments where she's not sure if she wants to stay on team Shane. Before, he seemed like he was doing the things he did for the sake of the group. But after all this, it's pretty clear he's becoming insane with the idea that he's meant to be the father figure for Carl and Lori, and the baby.

How was that wasted plot? There is another camp that now knows about Rick and Co. and they're heading back to regroup and tell whoever is leading them that four of their guys were killed. Wasted? Hardly. Also, the scene with the kid and his leg and the fact that Rick was still showing compassion was definitely the linchpin in Hershel's mind that Rick really is a good person and further reaffirms that Shane is not. Again, for the overall story, these incidents make sense.

Exactly. When Herschel snapped at Shane later on while they were all back in the kitchen, that told me that Hershel's concerns have definitely shifted from wanting the entire group gone to wanting Shane gone, especially after inciting the barn shooting.

About the Merle being the governor prediction, Robert and the show's producers have already stated multiple times that they're not planning to turn Merle into the governor. Also Robert wrote a book detailing the entire back story of the governor that doesn't coincide with Merle's life in the show. Perhaps they'll change their minds for the show though. As you guys have said it would be awesome, especially considering how Daryl would react to those events, but I'm not expecting it at all after many of the people who run the show have said they're not planning to do that.

Aw, bummer! I hadn't heard anything about their decision on what to do with Merle. But at least they're going to have him back in the show at sooome point. I'd love to see if they work him in before the end of the season.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1219078p1.html

New interview with Kirkman on IGN. It's a pretty good read! (There's a spoiler tag near the top of the article, just a heads up)

-Talks a lot about the strangers they bumped into in town, as well as Rick, Shane, and Lori.
-Glen Mazzara's pushing full speed ahead story-wise for the next few episodes and doesn't want to tease the audience anymore by milking all the stories at once
-The next episode "will be brutal."
-Apparently, they have plans for T-Dawg in the works, which I think is great because his character's kinda been pushed to the side lately with everyone else being involved in their own stories.

Hazekiah
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
What? No one else was excited to hear NIN in that commercial for The Darkness II during the new episode?!?

Thought FOR SURE I'd see mention of it in here!

I disagree. It was Lori making a bad decision, which is common for her character.

It was a bit of a regression, though. They've made her SO much more competent and rational for the show that her speeding off alone to find someplace she's never been to solely to give people news she knew they already had anyway was just a head-slappingly retarded "damsel-in-distress" set-up. It felt a LOT more like the random idiocy of the character from the comics than it did the reasonable woman from the show. I actually liked that they were writing that out of her character and downplaying her Jesus-FUCK-can-someone-kill-this-dumb-bitch-already qualities with this adaptation, so it was a big disappointment to see it all chucked back in so awkwardly all of a sudden.

:-\

Went ahead and put that in spoiler tags FOR you since that's obviously EXACTLY what it is.

It's been dealt with in the comics but so far the only mention of it in the show has been a possible allusion to it with the mysterious comment whispered into Rick's ear as a cliffhanger at the end of Season One.

If you think it's a spoiler, THEN USE THE SPOILER TAGS.

Conan The Barbarian
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I think its fair to start talking about the comics in here as well. Sucks that we can't compare the two without possibly spoiling shit for those not interested in reading the source material.

Which you should anyways since its better than the show.

Hazekiah
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
The point wasn't that it was a spoiler for the comics (which are great and which would also be BAD to SPOIL), but more that it was a spoiler FOR THE SHOW since they're revealing information from the comics that isn't fully-addressed or resolved within the show itself yet.

mfte
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
The point wasn't that it was a spoiler for the comics (which are great and which would also be BAD to SPOIL), but more that it was a spoiler FOR THE SHOW since they're revealing information from the comics that isn't fully-addressed or resolved within the show itself yet.

Does me saying that I hope Michone shows up soon, count as a spoiler?

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
What? No one else was excited to hear NIN in that commercial for The Darkness II during the new episode?!?

Thought FOR SURE I'd see mention of it in here!

I just assumed that had already been talked to death here already, so I didn't think I should bother mentioning it. :P

Went ahead and put that in spoiler tags FOR you since that's obviously EXACTLY what it is.

If you think it's a spoiler, THEN USE THE SPOILER TAGS.

Sorry! Thanks for the tags.

Hazekiah
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Does me saying that I hope Michone shows up soon, count as a spoiler?

Not so much, obviously. She hasn't been introduced on the show in any way yet and it's a very vague statement as to who she is or what she does anyhow.

Whereas the spoiler to which I referred above HAS been introduced yet HAS NOT been resolved. Bringing it up without spoiler warnings is jumping ahead to a point the show hasn't concluded yet and is indeed destroying a central mystery of the second season..."What was Rick told in private at the C.D.C.?!?"

It's a BIG reveal in the comics and it's bound to be a BIG reveal on the show.

This isn't rocket science. Be respectful and use the spoiler tags.

On a related note, I picked up some Transformers and Star Wars stuff on clearance at Toys "R" Us the other day and noticed that not only do they sell the washing-machine humping robot from "Robot Chicken" (with hip-thrusting action!), but they ALSO sell a Michone action figure that comes with a power drill and a spoon, lol.

LOVE IT.

;)

Zipfinator
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Someone should just make a new thread either in Cinema or Literature where people can compare and talk about the comics and the show without spoilers.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
David Morrissey cast as The Governor for season 3. (http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/02/david-morrissey-cast-as-the-governor.php)

ltrandazzo
02-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Whereas the spoiler to which I referred above HAS been introduced yet HAS NOT been resolved. Bringing it up without spoiler warnings is jumping ahead to a point the show hasn't concluded yet and is indeed destroying a central mystery of the second season..."What was Rick told in private at the C.D.C.?!?"

Hey smart guy - The CDC was never in the comics, so how would we assume that the zombie virus being airborne is what Jenner told Rick? Jenner doesn't even exist in the comic. If anything, this show has proven that the comic is an influence, not canon for what can and can't happen, which is evident on Shane's continued existence, Sophia being a zombie, and a major lack of Michonne and Tyreese. I think it's safe to talk about the comic here and what is different from the show.

Zipfinator
02-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Hey smart guy - The CDC was never in the comics, so how would we assume that the zombie virus being airborne is what Jenner told Rick? Jenner doesn't even exist in the comic. If anything, this show has proven that the comic is an influence, not canon for what can and can't happen, which is evident on Shane's continued existence, Sophia being a zombie, and a major lack of Michonne and Tyreese. I think it's safe to talk about the comic here and what is different from the show.

Michonne wasn't in the comics until they are at the prison so her absence on the show is the same as the comic. Otherwise you are correct though and I'll add that Otis being dead and Andrea and Dale's relationship being different right now as two other differences between the comic and the show.

ltrandazzo
02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Michonne wasn't in the comics until they are at the prison so her absence on the show is the same as the comic. Otherwise you are correct though and I'll add that Otis being dead and Andrea and Dale's relationship being different right now as two other differences between the comic and the show.

Well, if the clip from the upcoming episode is any indication, we might be seeing the prison VERY soon.

Magtig
02-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Did Shane kill Otis? Is he truly evil like the undead brain eating walkers (http://www.medcareproducts.com/images/FoldingWalker.jpg)?

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, if the clip from the upcoming episode is any indication, we might be seeing the prison VERY soon.

Especially now that apparently Shane AND Andrea are on thin ice with Hershel and Maggie. This next episode is shaping up to be really intense.

Conan The Barbarian
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
seriously, my only gripe on this show is how they fucked up andrea.

orestes
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Much better episode than last week. Also, Lori continues to be a bitch.

profane
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
The Walking Dead is the valium horror version of Mad Men.

orestes
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Major season finale spoiler (if you haven't read the comics). (http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/huge_walking_dead_spoiler_alert_amc/298144)

More description - AMC accidentally leaked a potential character death by releasing special feature info for the Season 2 Blu-Ray set. Click at your own risk.

Conan The Barbarian
03-02-2012, 06:33 PM
about time, question is how?

ltrandazzo
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I swear to God, you guys better use spoiler tags because if anyone (DAPHNE) doesn't start locking that shit down, I'm gonna flip. I'm avoiding that article, especially since I've seen it pop up on several sites.

orestes
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh, come on, I said it was a spoiler in the link. Read at your own risk.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-03-2012, 02:35 AM
I'll just say that I'm really excited to have an idea what's coming (even though fans of the comic saw it coming, I know I did), but I'm also hoping that the circumstances under which everything happens are a little different. I'm sure they'll handle the entire situation just fine, though, and find a way to make everything surprising. As bad as I want the finale to happen, and to see what else they have planned for it, I'm pretty bummed to see this season go. With it broken up into such short parts, it seems like it's just come and gone.

Not that the entire first half of the season didn't drag as slowly as the legless walker, it's just that six episodes went by way too fast.

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I dont even know what to post anymore since it is a huge spoiler for non comic followers.

anyone even up to date on the books? I feel like its mostly just the show watchers on here. I think we should have a separate Walking dead comic thread.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm right up to uhhh...You know, forget it, I don't even know how to describe where I am without spoiling it. But Yeah, I agree that a seperate thread for discussing the comics would be a great idea. I mean....sure, people should use discretion whenever they talk about it, but when it comes to television/film adaptations of stories, it's impossible NOT to compare the differences and similarities between the two. If someone else makes a thread for the books, I'll participate. But I think I'll just stick to spoiler tags and anyone who reads them accidentally, well, bummer.

The last panel I remember seeing was the tank/Governor rolling up over the hill toward the prison. I've read a few spoilers about things that happen later on though.

Also - I realized that, in the promo I mentioned before, where Daryl says "something something Brother," he's saying "Sorry, brother." Dang.

Conan The Barbarian
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zipfinator
03-04-2012, 09:12 PM
I was not expecting that... Andrea's development in the show is going to be completely different now.

ltrandazzo
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD

I thought it was going to be a tease. I didn't imagine it ripping open Dale's chest like that. Fuck.

I'm right up to uhhh...You know, forget it, I don't even know how to describe where I am without spoiling it. But Yeah, I agree that a seperate thread for discussing the comics would be a great idea. I mean....sure, people should use discretion whenever they talk about it, but when it comes to television/film adaptations of stories, it's impossible NOT to compare the differences and similarities between the two. If someone else makes a thread for the books, I'll participate. But I think I'll just stick to spoiler tags and anyone who reads them accidentally, well, bummer.

The last panel I remember seeing was the tank/Governor rolling up over the hill toward the prison. I've read a few spoilers about things that happen later on though.

Also - I realized that, in the promo I mentioned before, where Daryl says "something something Brother," he's saying "Sorry, brother." Dang.

I mean... I'm cool with posting comic spoilers in here, especially with what just happened tonight, but it's everyone's call. I'll make a comic thread and lead off with a bunch of spoilers.

Hazekiah
03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Damned good episode!

Bummed about the suddenly-lowered X-Files quotient for the cast but excited about the bold new departure.

And I was kinda lookin' forward to them hookin' up, of course.

anyone even up to date on the books? I feel like its mostly just the show watchers on here. I think we should have a separate Walking dead comic thread.

Not up to date at all, but in the past year I've gotten up to Volume Nine of the tpb collections. It's awesome knowing there's still so much ahead, though.

orestes
03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Carl was a little shit tonight and I hope he learned his lesson.

Deadpool
03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
My brother and I were furious after tonight's episode. I don't know how exactly the writers are going to justify their decision, but as of now, I hate it. I'm so upset - this is my favorite show on TV, but after tonight, all of the AWESOME stuff from the comics that I was looking forward to seeing on screen isn't nearly as appealing as it was a few hours ago.

They spent the majority of the episode establishing Dale as the sole voice of reason and humanity - taking extra care to show how unique he is to the group, and then disposing of him. I get it - they wanted an impetus to unite the group, but this was the wrong way to do it. Fucking kill Daryl! He was the one who really said the group was broken. I like Norman Reedus, but I don't get the character's popularity. I can only take so much of the "I don' care 'bout no one!" loner-badass shtick.

Now that Dale's gone, where's the balance and tension between Shane's violent, renegade tendencies and Dale's tether to humanity/civility? I'll be very angry if they don't kill off Shane by next season. He should've been the one to go tonight.

edit: yes, and fuck Carl up his stupid ass.

orestes
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Anyone else watching tonight's Talking Dead? Guest panelist Scott Ian thinks Randall is this show's Ben Linus. Hmmmm *strokes imaginary beard*

bobbie solo
03-05-2012, 01:57 AM
well, he totally seems like it based on the trailer for next week. And the show's writers have professed a love for Lost.

I don't have any problem with Dale dying, but i DO have a problem with the continued hackneyed reliance on these Navy SEAL zombies. These things are loud, belligerent creatures. One snuck up on Lori two episodes back. Tonight, one sneaks up on Dale. Tonight's was even worse, b/c Dale sees this cow with all its guts laid out, as the zombie clearly was eating it. Why would it all of a sudden leave a ton of entrails and just wander around? it would still be devouring the cow at that point. Both aspects of the Dale attack are totally unbelievable and take me out of the scene. Dale would have heard one of those things walking, grunting and moaning waaaay before it came up on him. it's silly. Yes, we have suspended our disbelief to go along with the premise of the show...but beyodn that, keep it realistic, and not so HOLLYWOOOOOOD. I hate when the comic does it as well, but they rely on it much less than the show, and it can be masked better on paper too. find a better way for Dale to get attacked...don't rely on silly Hollywood cliches.

I DID like how it ripped Dale open though. A little different...glad they're not always just gonna try and bite someone, but use their hands to attack too.

I assume Andrea is going to become likeable at some point. It will be a shame if they don;t change her drastically. It's bad enough that almost every other character is unlikeable.

Hazekiah
03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I swear to God, you guys better use spoiler tags because if anyone (DAPHNE) doesn't start locking that shit down, I'm gonna flip.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

I thought it was going to be a tease. I didn't imagine it ripping open Dale's chest like that. Fuck.

I mean... I'm cool with posting comic spoilers in here, especially with what just happened tonight, but it's everyone's call. I'll make a comic thread and lead off with a bunch of spoilers.

Lawwwwwl.

Yeah, we've got a spoiler warning in the thread title now...but still.

And the issue with the spoilers relating to the question of what Jenner whispered to Rick at the end of Season One has nothing to do with whether or not he or the C.D.C. were in the comics. It's still jumping ahead to a conclusion and a payoff that hasn't been reached by the show yet, not to mention spoiling a plot point from the comics.

Sure, there are departures from the comics in the show, but that doesn't change the fact that by-and-large it's still pretty much on track with the overall plot of the comics and that it's worth guarding against spoilers for BOTH audiences if it's worth guarding against spoilers for ANYONE.

Just catching up with the thread and thought it was worth pointing that out.

ltrandazzo
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM
From Robert Kirkman -

On Dale's death -

Losing that role is very important. This is the time more than ever when they really need someone to stand there and say, "Hey, this is not the popular decision, but I'm still voicing this because it needs to be said." They don't have that. Now, we don't know how they're going to deal with Randall and we don't know what they're going to do as Rick and Shane continue to butt heads. They've lost a very important piece of their ensemble, and so they're not going to be able to make the same decisions they would have made and that's really going to affect the group as a whole. They are kind of in a bad place and we're going to have to deal with that.

On the effect of Dale's death on Carl -

The fun of this world is dealing with Carl. It's one thing to have grown to adulthood in the world before and not have to deal with the indirect civilization and all the different things that are going on now, but to have never grown to adulthood and to not really have any kind of basis for realizing how screwed up things are — this is Carl's normal. So while he did — to a certain extent — cause Dale's death, how he deals with that is going to be very different than how someone would deal with that if they had not grown up in this world. We're going to see him grow and change over time and twist and turn into something that may not be recognizable as what we perceive a child to be, which is really kind of cool.

Translation - EXCITING STUFF. This show has been amazing and I can't wait for more.

Lawwwwwl.

Yeah, we've got a spoiler warning in the thread title now...but still.

That was in response to a death that HAS NOT YET HAPPENED ON THE SHOW AND STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED THAT WAS LEAKED. Leaked material is a no-go, stuff that has aired is open season. Not that hard to understand.

I posted this thread at the top of the forum a few days before we launched - http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/88-SPOILERS-POSTS!-(Read-me-before-posting-in-this-forum) This policy is universal for this forum. If it has aired, it is free to discuss. If it has not aired, but has leaked, SPOILER TAG it.

Hazekiah
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, fair enough on that count then. I only saw an allusion to it on the top of this page and decided against clicking the page before to see what I'd missed.

Hula
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Anybody else a little tired of how self-righteous Andrea is? Every time she opens her mouth with one of her smug little rants, I wish Dale had let her kill herself. She leaves a suicidal girl alone, the girl fails to kill herself and she turns it around as though she was expecting things to turn out the way they did? Sod off, blondie.

Andrea aside, I'm enjoying the show since it came back. I know people have been complaining that it's all talk and no walk, but I feel lately as though they've got the balance of drama and action down perfect.

Conan The Barbarian
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Andrea getting eaten alive if they ever decide to off her in the story. They made a great character in the books into one of the most annoying bitch.

I can see that happening since Daryl is a bad ass and they wouldn't need Andrea around anyways. A boy could dream.

richardp
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah fuck Andrea. Her, Shane, and Walter White should all sit around and all congratulate each other on how awesome they think their own selves are.

Hula
03-07-2012, 06:54 AM
All I can say is... Holy shit. Even though I'd heard who died, I was still pretty shocked when it happened. Talk about gore.

burn.
03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
I felt terrible watching that episode. Poor Dale, that was unfair. Reminded me of the first time I read The Walking Dead #48, absolutely shocking.

It kinda sucks because I was hoping to see a lot of cool stuff from the comics that obviously will never happen now.

Anyway, here's the promo for the next episode, seems like the zombies found MORE food:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51PVOnjgkM

orestes
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Wow, how do you top that ending?

darktemplar007
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
I loved this episode so much. The shots of the field at the end looked beautiful and conveyed the events happening so well. I wasn't a fan of the previous one so much. Dale was one of my favorites. This one restored any faith I may have had lost though. Dayyuuum.

Conan The Barbarian
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Cannot wait for the finale. Fuck yes.

Hazekiah
03-11-2012, 11:46 PM
First of all, I just LOVE the synergistic cross-marketing of the zombie-related "Comic Book Men" episodes and that AWESOME commercial for "Mad Men," lol. Pretty cool, as that sort of thing goes.

But, damn!

Dale and Shane were both being handled FANTASTICALLY and were excellent roles for excellent actors who were both stand-out high-points for the show, and I've gotta say, it kinda feels like they botched and wasted 'em BOTH at the end there. Like a LOT. Especially Walker-Shane. If they were gonna go that way they could've at least given him a cooler run in the "afterlife." Bit of a shame. He was seriously TEN TIMES more awesome than comic-Shane, they should've milked that shit more on ALL fronts, damnit.

I did however enjoy the cool play on Carl's first killshot and the nearly simultaneous discovery about the nature of the outbreak. I'm fully expecting the Season 2 finale to play off the Season 1 finale with Rick finally revealing what he was told at the CDC.

And who else thinks they're setting up Herschel to fill-in as a romantic foil to Andrea in place of Dale? Kinda seemed to be heading that way for a second there, imho.

Great episode, though. My only other real complaint is that the walkers should've ALREADY been drawn by Shane's gunfire instead being all, "Huh? Whuzzat?" five minutes later with Carl's killshot.

Ho-hum.

ThinkIcouldburn
03-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Really loved this episode, but damn I cannot wait for the finale and next season. Rumor has it, Michonne finally shows up in the finale. Likely to save the survivors of this herd. I doubt we'll see the Prison next week, but damn that would make one hell of a final shot for the season.

Hula
03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Great episode, though. My only other real complaint is that the walkers should've ALREADY been drawn by Shane's gunfire instead being all, "Huh? Whuzzat?" five minutes later with Carl's killshot.

In fairness, they were probably already on their way after Shane's gunshot, without it being shown chronologically in the scene—they already seemed pretty close to have only just heard the gunfire.

Anyway. HOT DAMN, THIS EPISODE. I guess it was about time for the group to find themselves at the mercy of a vast horde of zombies once again... At least they were sensible enough to start preparing after that first walker got on the farm.

mfte
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
And who else thinks they're setting up Herschel to fill-in as a romantic foil to Andrea in place of Dale? Kinda seemed to be heading that way for a second there, imho.

Ho-hum.

I thought the same thing this episode. In the comics Dale seemed younger than Hershel... and felt more acceptable. I guess we will see.

Im glad that the second half of this season picked up the way it did.

EPICRAGE
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Anybody else a little tired of how self-righteous Andrea is? Every time she opens her mouth with one of her smug little rants...

I know people have been complaining that it's all talk and no walk, but I feel lately as though they've got the balance of drama and action down perfect.

I find that whenever any character opens their mouth everything they say is forced or cliched or maybe it's just bad writing. I don't mind when shows focus on developing their characters rather than having an action set-piece every week but when it's as bland and cliched as it has been on The Walking Dead I start to get rather irritated. They recently have been spicing it up with some zombie kills each week but it hasn't been anything exciting, except for the cracked head of that one zombie from the recent episode.

In fairness, they were probably already on their way after Shane's gunshot, without it being shown chronologically in the scene—they already seemed pretty close to have only just heard the gunfire.

So even though Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Glenn were walking through the woods all day/night looking for the prisoner and didn't stumble upon a single zombie, we are supposed to accept that all of a sudden there's a horde of zombies just standing around waiting until the end of the episode to appear to give it a cliffhanger "oh shit" ending? This show is getting as bad as the recent Romero movies where a random zombie will just appear out of nowhere when the plot calls for it, even though it makes little sense in everything that has come before. I thought last weeks random silent walker that would rather surprise Dale than eat all them delicious cow guts was pretty awful writing but then we get this? Come on.

Sure, there are departures from the comics in the show, but that doesn't change the fact that by-and-large it's still pretty much on track with the overall plot of the comics and that it's worth guarding against spoilers for BOTH audiences if it's worth guarding against spoilers for ANYONE.

When the first season premiered I went ahead and got all the comics but haven't dived into them yet. Seeing how awful the show has gotten (some would say as early as the middle of the first season, and I wouldn't disagree) I'm wondering if I should even bother with the comics. Are they as bad as the show or are they worth the read? The reason I continue the watch the show even though each week I am bored by the horrible character development, unrealistic situations the characters get themselves into for the sake of drama/tension, etc. is that I believe the show has serious potential, which is proved in the first few episodes of the first season, and I'm waiting for it to get back to that level of quality. I am hoping the comics can hold me over until then and that is why I am asking for the opinions of people who have read them.

*As a side note, Hula, I quoted you several times but this isn't an attack on you and your opinions. You said some interesting things that helped me somewhat voice my concerns/issues with the show. I enjoy reading posts where people are excited about what happens and what might happen next and it makes me hopeful, but for now I am unable to look past all the shows flaws.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The best part of the finale is going to be the inevitable sneak peek at season 3. That's saying a lot, because I'm REALLY looking forward to this finale after that. I knew they would spice things up in an unexpected way instead of just set it up in a way that the comic book fans would predict it. The creators really know what they're doing in that regard.

Really loved this episode, but damn I cannot wait for the finale and next season. Rumor has it, Michonne finally shows up in the finale. Likely to save the survivors of this herd. I doubt we'll see the Prison next week, but damn that would make one hell of a final shot for the season.

The second thing you mentioned is the one scene I'm REALLY hoping is in the finale. Not that anything else would be a disappointment, because I'm sure there'll be enough excitement to go around next week, but it seems like the perfect way to lead in to the next season.

smokey_mcpot
03-12-2012, 02:35 PM
oh my fucking god what a great episode. i love this show so fucking much it pisses me off!!!!!

i love that a show about zombies can bring me to tears. next week is gonna be EPIC.

Mech
03-12-2012, 03:52 PM
So even though Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Glenn were walking through the woods all day/night looking for the prisoner and didn't stumble upon a single zombie, we are supposed to accept that all of a sudden there's a horde of zombies just standing around waiting until the end of the episode to appear to give it a cliffhanger "oh shit" ending?

They went into the woods, which is most likely off to one direction. There's no reason why the zombies couldn't have come from any other direction.

Conan The Barbarian
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I find that whenever any character opens their mouth everything they say is forced or cliched or maybe it's just bad writing. I don't mind when shows focus on developing their characters rather than having an action set-piece every week but when it's as bland and cliched as it has been on The Walking Dead I start to get rather irritated. They recently have been spicing it up with some zombie kills each week but it hasn't been anything exciting, except for the cracked head of that one zombie from the recent episode.

So even though Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Glenn were walking through the woods all day/night looking for the prisoner and didn't stumble upon a single zombie, we are supposed to accept that all of a sudden there's a horde of zombies just standing around waiting until the end of the episode to appear to give it a cliffhanger "oh shit" ending? This show is getting as bad as the recent Romero movies where a random zombie will just appear out of nowhere when the plot calls for it, even though it makes little sense in everything that has come before. I thought last weeks random silent walker that would rather surprise Dale than eat all them delicious cow guts was pretty awful writing but then we get this? Come on.

When the first season premiered I went ahead and got all the comics but haven't dived into them yet. Seeing how awful the show has gotten (some would say as early as the middle of the first season, and I wouldn't disagree) I'm wondering if I should even bother with the comics. Are they as bad as the show or are they worth the read? The reason I continue the watch the show even though each week I am bored by the horrible character development, unrealistic situations the characters get themselves into for the sake of drama/tension, etc. is that I believe the show has serious potential, which is proved in the first few episodes of the first season, and I'm waiting for it to get back to that level of quality. I am hoping the comics can hold me over until then and that is why I am asking for the opinions of people who have read them.

*As a side note, Hula, I quoted you several times but this isn't an attack on you and your opinions. You said some interesting things that helped me somewhat voice my concerns/issues with the show. I enjoy reading posts where people are excited about what happens and what might happen next and it makes me hopeful, but for now I am unable to look past all the shows flaws.

if it werent for the comics, there would be no show. So yes the comics are miles ahead of the show.

But this show is still good, I cant believe its so hard for people to be entertained these days. I guess it is not for everyone.

profane
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I almost gave up on this show but last week's and this week's episodes were really good. I don't know anything about the comics, so I can't make that comparison. But yes I'm back in it and eagerly awaiting the finale. Shit was tense!

Edit: My cat was looking at me like he was thinking 'what a retard'. Good sign when I'm enjoying something.

Conan The Barbarian
03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theburningreptile
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts exactly. New favorite character. :D

orestes
03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Great character introduction. Onward to season three!

Also, all these people harping on Rick's ass need to STFU.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS. My throat still hurts from going "OH SHIT! IT'S MICHONNE!" while my girlfriend was in the bathroom. :P

orestes
03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Casting for Michonne was announced on tonight's Talking Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1775091/

Conan The Barbarian
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Best episode of this series hands down. Im still high from the ep.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM
The final shot over the hill was even cooler than I imagined. SO HYPED!

I'm kinda bummed we didn't get a preview for next season, but oh well. Still gonna be an incredible season. Now I need to finish the comics before I'm further in the show than I am in the books!

Mech
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
So after all the talk I've heard this season from some of you about wondering when they'll find the prison. Looks like they I'll find it next season. I always. Thought it will be filled with zombies but since they wanted to find a fortress, will this be it?

Excellent finale and really excited about the new character who I know nothing about but seems entirely badass!!

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-18-2012, 10:18 PM
So after all the talk I've heard this season from some of you about wondering when they'll find the prison. Looks like they I'll find it next season. I always. Thought it will be filled with zombies but since they wanted to find a fortress, will this be it?

Excellent finale and really excited about the new character who I know nothing about but seems entirely badass!!

You have no idea. Have you considered reading the comics? I mean, I'll admit that there will be spoilers for the show, but any readers of the books can tell you that things have happened almost completely differently from the comic storyline, with the exception of a few major points. Even then, some of those are kinda mixed up to keep things at a different pace. I was on my toes the whole season.

ltrandazzo
03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
http://lawtechworld.com/tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/the-walking-dead-32.jpg

+

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/978/96487-18166-106801-1-the-walking-dead_super.jpg

=

SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY omg

Casting for Michonne was announced on tonight's Talking Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1775091/

Dude, you can stop it with the spoilers tag. BE HAPPY AND CELEBRATE

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY omg

Am I the only one who pronounced her name wrong up until hearing it said on Talking Dead? Haha.

Hazekiah
03-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Hey smart guy - The CDC was never in the comics, so how would we assume that the zombie virus being airborne is what Jenner told Rick? Jenner doesn't even exist in the comic.

:P

*ahem*

Something I did just learn however is that a pump-action shotgun CAN fire up to 9 rounds without reloading. I had to check 'cause I thought Herschel was WAAAAAY over what they could realistically hold but it turns out it was actually close enough, I guess. My bad!

Great episode finale, though...VERY excited about badass Andrea, Michonne, the prison, and the helicopter that was almost SURELY on its way to the Governor's compound somewhere very near the farm and the prison. The third season is going to be a REAL treat!

I wish Darabont was still around, though. I don't think the performances and some finer points of the stories would have been quite so ham-fisted as they've occasionally been since he left if those same episodes had still been under his guidance. But it's hilarious that now that he's gone they're advertising a four-peat of The Shawshank Redemption during the show, lol.

And the whole not-siphoning-all-remaining-gas-from-the-cars-on-the-highway thing and not-going-all-Dawn-of-the-Dead-remake-on-the-horde-of-walkers-and-mowing-them-down-with-the-R.V.-and-pick-up thing but using endless-accurate-headshots-at-a-distance-from-moving-vehicles-on-rough-terrain-instead stuff was all just completely ludicrous, but hey...it's just a T.V. show and still kicks ass anyway, I suppose.

johnbron
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Meh. While I've enjoyed the latter half of this season MUCH more than the first half, it's still barely holding my interest. These characters could all die and I wouldn't care much at all. Too bad.

When does Breaking Bad start up again?

That said, SO GLAD THAT SHANE IS FUCKING DEAD!

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-19-2012, 02:01 AM
I just started reading the comics on a CBR I downloaded, and I realized....I'm baaarely halfway through. I'm at issue #46. I'm so stoked to get back into reading, though. The digital version will have to do until the physical copies ship. No way in hell am I paying $14 in store when I can pay $8 something plus free shipping on Amazon.

Conan The Barbarian
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Why must everyone be so bummed if things that happen on TV shows arnt very realistic? Especially zombie shows? Have people forgotten about dramatic effect? Have people lost their imaginations?

Mech
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
If Rick already knew that everyone was infected, why didn't he shoot Shane in the head like he did the guy in the bar? Was he leaving it up for Carl to see? Or what?

orestes
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Because he wasn't 100% certain if you became a zombie from a bite alone.

Mech
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
That makes sense. I think I may have to check out the comics.

Magtig
03-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Meh. While I've enjoyed the latter half of this season MUCH more than the first half, it's still barely holding my interest. These characters could all die and I wouldn't care much at all. Too bad.
I really don't know why, but I keep coming back to this show. Most of the characters in it are fucking idiotic, and it's totally predictable. I liked Rick's line from a couple episodes ago at Dale's eulogy, "And Dale would look at you... with that .. "DALE" look." Yeah, like, with that "FACE" he had, and those "EYEBALLS." Were the writers on vacation that week? Jesus Christ.

Then there's the finale, which spent plenty of time piling stupid on top of stupid. I don't mind slasher flick style zombie action where the characters constantly make boneheaded decisions, but the stage for this show was set with elements of plausibility and drama, which they have now shit all over.

When does Breaking Bad start up again?
THIS.

That said, SO GLAD THAT SHANE IS FUCKING DEAD!
Shane made a great bad guy. I would much rather they have killed off Rick's entire insanely annoying, vastly irrational family. Speaking of which, can I take a moment to say how much I seriously hate Lori. Bitch you had a special talk with Rick about how Shane was a murderer and you were scared of him, and now you're surprised and furious when he has to kill him in self defense!? PLEASE BE EATEN YESTERDAY. At least as a Zombie we wouldn't have to endure your stupid dissapproving looks in every fucking scene. Oh yeah, and you're a piss poor mother too. Every time you're in charge of the wonder cunt kid, he runs off into the woods to free zombies who eat cool people like Dale. I slap your face with my dick, Lori!

And yes, I'll be tuning in for season 3. shit.

/pointless rant

Alexandros
03-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Bitch you had a special talk with Rick about how Shane was a murderer and you were scared of him, and now you're surprised and furious when he has to kill him in self defense!? PLEASE BE EATEN YESTERDAY.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That insufferable woman was all but outright telling Rick he had to kill Shane, what with her whole talk about how dangerous he was and that Rick should do everything he could to protect the family. Maybe those were not the exact words, but it was a full on *wink wink nudge nudge* talk, I clearly remember that. Fuck off Lori, really.

Hula
03-20-2012, 05:40 AM

No worries! You laid out a lot of very valid points that are kind of hard to ignore unless you're willing to suspend disbelief and even then there's only so much suspension a person can do before it gets to be too much.

One thing that annoyed me about the finale was how easily they threw away the lives of two inconsequential characters. Their deaths felt extremely cheap and needless; the writers basically killed off two of the only two characters it could afford to lose in the name of drama and in the end both deaths held little weight, particularly with how sudden they were and how quickly the scene moved on from them—think of how the camera moved from the dude in the van (nope, don't remember his name because he wasn't an important character) being torn to pieces, to Rick hopping down from the roof and killing zombies without any difficulty. True, they had that little moment with Beth and Otis's wife (don't remember her name either), but even that felt more like cheaply-created tension over whether or not a character we sort of cared about would get killed. Meh.

That was my only gripe with the episode, really. I've been able to put aside any narrative issues in general because while the show does fall into a lot of the same tropes as a zombie movie, for the most part they've done a decent job of avoiding the pitfalls long enough to make it work as a long-running series. While the finale didn't so much end on a cliffhanger, it did make me curious enough about Michonne to want to look her up—and to read the comics in the long period we'll have to wait for the third season to air.

kdrcraig
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I would much rather they have killed off Rick's entire insanely annoying, vastly irrational family. Speaking of which, can I take a moment to say how much I seriously hate Lori. Bitch you had a special talk with Rick about how Shane was a murderer and you were scared of him, and now you're surprised and furious when he has to kill him in self defense!? PLEASE BE EATEN YESTERDAY. At least as a Zombie we wouldn't have to endure your stupid dissapproving looks in every fucking scene. Oh yeah, and you're a piss poor mother too. Every time you're in charge of the wonder cunt kid, he runs off into the woods to free zombies who eat cool people like Dale. I slap your face with my dick, Lori!

This, so much this. Lori is one of the worst characters of all time. Don't know how she is in the comics, but I find it hard just to see her stupid face every episode. I did really enjoy the finale, except for the retardelly accurate headshots while driving in fucking circles in a god damn field, the last few minutes of the episode were fantastic. Haven't read the comics but I've heard enough that the final shot being of the prison got me pretty damn excited. Way more pumped for season 3 than I was for this season after the end of the first.

Magtig
03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
What DID T-Dog do during the second season? A look into his private journals has been uncovered by io9 (http://io9.com/5894789/what-i-did-during-the-second-season-of-the-walking-dead-by-t+dog?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow).

burn.
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
SEASON FINALE WAS AMAZING.

That said, I'm worried about how fast everything is happening. What are they going to do after the next season? They'll be one step ahead of the comics and that scares the shit out of me.

I don't want Kirkman's writing to be influenced by the TV series (Unless he adds Daryl to the comics).

Zipfinator
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
SEASON FINALE WAS AMAZING.

That said, I'm worried about how fast everything is happening. What are they going to do after the next season? They'll be one step ahead of the comics and that scares the shit out of me.

I don't want Kirkman's writing to be influenced by the TV series (Unless he adds Daryl to the comics).

Err... What? The comics are way past where the show is right now. At the pace the show is going, it won't catch up to the comics until season 5 or 6. We still have the prison, woodbury, the small part where they return to the farm, the long part traveling to Washington, and then the start of the community which still hasn't ended yet in the comics but would last at least 2 seasons on TV until they're where the comics are right now.

burn.
03-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Err... What? The comics are way past where the show is right now. At the pace the show is going, it won't catch up to the comics until season 5 or 6. We still have the prison, woodbury, the small part where they return to the farm, the long part traveling to Washington, and then the start of the community which still hasn't ended yet in the comics but would last at least 2 seasons on TV until they're where the comics are right now.

I forgot about Abraham, right. But still, I'm worried.

profane
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17f353nTE1qe11gao1_500.jpg

orestes
03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I have more where that came from (http://io9.com/5895214/in-the-most-biting-walking-dead-memes-everybody-hates-lori). LOL at Scumbag Shane.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I have more where that came from (http://io9.com/5895214/in-the-most-biting-walking-dead-memes-everybody-hates-lori). LOL at Scumbag Shane.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h4snkhy5erijpg/medium.jpg

neorev
03-24-2012, 01:37 AM
I wanna love this show so bad, but the writing is just so god awful and not a single likeable character
Dont get me wrong, they had some great moments, but the bad outweights the good
I thought the first season kicked off great, kinda dragged in the middle, then picked up again
The second season started off bad, got good during the mid season finale, then went bad again
I wanna love it, but the writing needs a serious overhaul. Theres just too much contradictions in its own writing.
Im on the fence to even watch season 3.
This season finale had a couple of cool geek out moments, but again a lot of stupid moments.

Someone I know whos family member is on the writing team admits they play it by ear as it goes along
Thats not a good thing in my book, it comes through in the storytelling

So please writing team, step your game up next season

I think what killed this season was too many episodes... Where the first season only had like 6-8 right?
This one had double that amount and felt that too many episodes caused the show to drag and stall at points.
Now if this season was 8 episodes, it would have moved along nicely and not meandered.

But the finale didnt excite me enough.

Hazekiah
03-24-2012, 07:51 PM
^ The producer, Frank Darabont, fired most or all of the writing staff for the second season and then was fired himself halfway through it, so it's been a rough season and I guess they rolled with it pretty well, all in all.

But watching the season finale of "The Talking Dead" revealed that they didn't even know from one week to the next whether or not Herschel was going to make it to the end of the season. Considering how much they'd built up Shane above and beyond his role in the comics I really wish they would have kept at it with him a bit longer or AT LEAST given him a more interesting run as a walker. And with Dale's death I figured they at least had an interesting new plan in mind.

But then I heard about Hirschel and found my faith was faltering a bit. Ha.

The comics have some of their own problems, but they're different problems than the show has had so far and I think you'll find they're overall pretty damned excellent. I'm not quite up to speed yet, but I just ordered the rest of the trade paperback collections through Amazon (up to vol. 15), so I'll have a more fully considered opinion of the series as a whole thus far by this time next week, I think.

I just started reading the comics on a CBR I downloaded, and I realized....I'm baaarely halfway through. I'm at issue #46. I'm so stoked to get back into reading, though. The digital version will have to do until the physical copies ship. No way in hell am I paying $14 in store when I can pay $8 something plus free shipping on Amazon.Thanks for that, btw! I was just picking up the next one any time I had an extra 20 bucks at Barnes & Noble and it hadn't even OCCURRED to me to look online! I'm basically getting two for the price of one now and would have had the entire rest of the series by now shipped FOR FREE if this damned weekend hadn't gotten in the way, lol.

But thanks again! That was a big help.

:-*

Why must everyone be so bummed if things that happen on TV shows arnt very realistic? Especially zombie shows? Have people forgotten about dramatic effect? Have people lost their imaginations?

If we were talking about Walker fucking Texas Ranger no one would give a shit. Same goes for most zombie movies, too.

But IN THIS CASE, what really sets this show and the comics apart from the rest of its genre IS its otherwise realistic approach to the situation.

When you're trying to tell a story about that "unlimited ammo" shouldn't factor in.

To be fair, though, I double-checked and Hirschel fires 10 rounds before reloading, which is only ONE more than he should have been able to fire. So they weren't too far beyond the pale there.

But those small-arms-headshots-at-a-distance-from-moving-vehicles-on-rough-terrain scenes were just ridiculous. Normal people in extraordinary situations is dramatic enough...no need to turn them into badass superheroes on top of it all, ffs.

Mech
03-26-2012, 07:57 AM
I would disagree that there aren't any likeable characters. Most of them do seem irritable, yes, but I really think it adds to the whole "it's the zombie apocalypse" atmosphere. You and I would probably be on edge, too.

burn.
03-26-2012, 08:26 AM
I would disagree that there aren't any likeable characters.

I almost yelled at my screen when I thought they were going to kill Hershel.

By the way, the original idea was to kill him, and not by a zombie: http://t.co/kRMsi7y

Mech
03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I saw that on the Talking Dead as well. And the cow was supposed to be another member (can't remember who anymore). From what I've been reading, I hear next season we'll probably get some more likeable characters (everyone wants Michonne).

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Kirkman wrote the comics more or less on the fly, with a general long-term plan that he wants to stay on track with. I remember him saying how he'd planned for certain things to happen (character deaths, etc.), and he changed it up as he wrote to better suit the story. To me, that seems to make the "we're making it up as we go" story a bit more understandable. I'm sure they're not just completely winging it or anything, but in a way, I kinda like that. I'm sure things'll be a bit more thought out in the next season, though. It seems like they tried to force the second half of the season back up to speed after searching for Sophia for 6 episodes. Mazzara seems like he's got a pretty good handle on what he wants to do with the show.

Thanks for that, btw! I was just picking up the next one any time I had an extra 20 bucks at Barnes & Noble and it hadn't even OCCURRED to me to look online! I'm basically getting two for the price of one now and would have had the entire rest of the series by now shipped FOR FREE if this damned weekend hadn't gotten in the way, lol.

No problem! I did the same thing. I'd already bought a couple of the trade paperbacks in store for about 16 something, then just looked online for kicks and nearly punched myself in the face when I realized how much cheaper they were.

By the way! I saw that Kirkman's got a new Walking Dead book coming out. More alternate storylines!

The Walking Dead Cutting-Room Floor HC (http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Cutting-Room-Floor/dp/1607065207/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332779124&sr=8-1)

NEVER BEFORE SEEN WALKING DEAD PLOTS! For the first time ever: an unprecedented, behind-the-scenes look at Robert Kirkman's original, hand-written plot lines for the early issues of the Eisner-award winning series, The Walking Dead! See what plot lines were left on the cutting-room floor and get an in-depth look at how the series came together. This collection includes commentaries on Kirkman's original plots with never-before-seen material. This is The Walking Dead collector's item of the year!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Just started watching this show last week, and it was verrrrry very familiar to 28 Days Later in the opening sequence which I found kind of unoriginal and lame. The scene when he enters his house and no one is there..... gut wrenching to watch that. Just bad acting. I really hope after this episode that those aspects will seem to pick up. I am keeping high hopes since a lot of people I know love this show and I love zombies. I'm keeping high hopes :)

Zipfinator
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Just started watching this show last week, and it was verrrrry very familiar to 28 Days Later in the opening sequence which I found kind of unoriginal and lame.

Not really. The first issue of The Walking Dead comics came out pretty much the same month or so as 28 Days Later. It's not like they copied it or anything. It's based off of the source material which had an unlucky coincidence with a movie that came out at the same time.

neorev
03-26-2012, 06:40 PM
The Walking Dead does totally steals off 28 Days Later...
But 28 Days Later stole that aspect from The Day Of The Triffids
28 Days Later came first... way first... just because the release dates are close to each other doesn't mean a thing since 28 Days Later was being filmed in early 2001.

Confirmed by this tidbits on imdb.com

"The shot of the notice board at Piccadilly Circus, with the missing persons flyers, created a degree of controversy when the filmed was first shown, with some saying it was insensitive to what was happening in New York after the 9/11 attacks. However, the film was shot prior to 9/11, although it was released after it. In any case, Danny Boyle (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000965/) has stated that he based the shot on a photograph he had seen from an earthquake in China, but he also acknowledges that had he made the movie post 9/11, he would not have shot the scene."

So, yes, The Walking Dead stole the opening sequence. But then again 28 Days Later takes inspiration from other stories as well, confirmed by screenwriter Alex Garland.

From imdb.com
"Scriptwriter Alex Garland (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0307497/) acknowledges several sources as inspiration for his screenplay, notably John Wyndham's The Day of the Triffids (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055894/), George A. Romero (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001681/)'s "Dead" trilogy (Night, Dawn and Day) and The Omega Man (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/). Direct homages include Jim waking up in the hospital from The Day of the Triffids (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055894/), the chained infected being studied from Day of the Dead (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088993/), and the scene in the grocery store (people in the mall from Dawn of the Dead (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077402/)), the stop for supplies that saw a run-in with infected children (also Dawn of the Dead (1978)), and the military holing up against the plague with outsiders partially to deliberately include females (also Day of the Dead)."

neorev
03-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I wanted to love The Walking Dead... I really did.
The acting is pretty crumby and the show's storylines can be dragging and god awful.
But the zombies look fucking amazing.
I think they need to fire the entire writing staff... AGAIN.

Anyone hear Darabont's original season 2 opening episode?
Now THAT sounding frigging amazing than the route they went this season.

I do wanna read the comics though.

bobbie solo
03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
the comics shit all over the show. it's not even close. Kirkman is a masterful storyteller, it's just a bummer that he's being sued by his childhood friend and orig. co-creator/artist Tony Moore for wrongfully signing away his rights to the property when the TV show came along. I love Kirkman, so i really really hope he didnt screw his friend over, cuz i'd hate to have a bad taste in my mouth about him.

The show does just enough right to keep me watching. the zombies are done so well, as said above. the major story beats that mirror the book are handled well. they ramped up the action just enough as season 2 progressed to keep me tuned in after the zzzzz=fest that happened the rest of the time. stuff like that, and my overall love for the property, outweigh the poor acting, the unlikable characters (in the book, Dale, Carl, Lori & Andrea are almost unquestionably likeable to fans), terrible pacing, and unbelievable moments (stealthy ninja zombies, Carl not being watched over repeatedly, the eprfect shooting in the finale, etc).

But yes, i really hope they fix this stuff for season 3.

mfte
03-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I wanted to love The Walking Dead... I really did.
The acting is pretty crumby and the show's storylines can be dragging and god awful.
But the zombies look fucking amazing.
I think they need to fire the entire writing staff... AGAIN.

Anyone hear Darabont's original season 2 opening episode?
Now THAT sounding frigging amazing than the route they went this season.

I do wanna read the comics though.

I just read this.... and it hurts to think what an awesome episode that must have been.
Knowing the snoozefest that was the first half of season 2... searching for a dead girl that noone cared about.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/180899-frank-darabont-reveals-original-plans-for-the-walking-dead-season-2-opener

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I am half way into the second season and it is pretty good... not great. I think that some of the encounters with the zombies are pretty lame. Like "O no!!! A.... Walker!... What do we do!!! OMG!!!" Then a swift shot to the head takes care of that mess. I think after all the zombies they have killed along the way, it should be no big huge surprise that there is a walker in the area just stumbling towards them as they panic. Now a hoard is completely different. I do like how Shane is showing his true colors and pretty much being the only sensible one on the fact that they need to move on. But then again, Shane is freaking crazy.

On Episode 9 right now so I am really curious how this whole thing is going to turn out. Have to add that the zombies do look pretty good. Especially the one that wandered into the camper when they were hiding from the hoard passing by.

kdrcraig
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
So I got Compendium 1 from Amazon and it's not in color. Are the comics not inked in color or did I get ripped off?

sweeterthan
04-05-2012, 12:19 PM
So I got Compendium 1 from Amazon and it's not in color. Are the comics not inked in color or did I get ripped off?
the digital copies i have are black and white.

Conan The Barbarian
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
The entire series is black and white

kdrcraig
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Ok thanks, I figured that was the way it was supposed to be but just wanted to make sure.

Hazekiah
04-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Don't forget the shades of gray, damnit!

kdrcraig
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Anyone check out the game that came out on PSN this week? I played through most of episode 1 last night and it's pretty awesome so far.

orestes
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
First look at Michonne. (http://io9.com/5912786/your-first-look-at-katana+wielding-michonne-from-the-walking-dead)

Zipfinator
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Pictures of Rick and The Governor to go with that Michonne picture above.

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/TWD-S3-Production-Gallery/the-governor-450.jpg

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/TWD-S3-Production-Gallery/ep-1-rick-silencer-760.jpg

Wonder where Rick found that there pistol.

orestes
07-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Season three trailer shown at SDCC today. (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/walking-dead-season-3-new-trailer-from-sdcc/)

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Season three trailer shown at SDCC today. (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/walking-dead-season-3-new-trailer-from-sdcc/)

And then I had to change my pants.

orestes
07-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah, especially the last scene!

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, especially the last scene!

SO HYPE! I think the best part is that even though all the readers of the comics know where the story is going generally, they still have it set up to where we really have almost no idea what course things are going to take.

By the way, here's the song in the trailer if anyone else is obsessing over it as much as I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UXYFHmATw

burn.
10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Great return! I missed this.

I even felt claustrophobia during the last minutes. Poor Hershel, his yelling at the end almost made me burst into MANLY tears. (I can't see old guys suffering or dying on screen, it always gets me).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjJpSW8rP0

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
It WAS good! I also really pleased with the reveal at the end. "Holy shit" is a total understatement, especially now that I'm anticipating how different (or similar) things will be compared to the comic's prison arc.

Then of course, Chris Hardwick opening Talking Dead with "HOLY SHIT" was perfect. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'm glad they picked someone who's such a fanboy to host the show. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

NotoriousTIMP
10-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Am I the only one who was annoyed with the lack of barrel action/recoil from the guns during the clearing of the yard?

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
At least Hershel reloaded a weapon this time. :P

Axel
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Where did he get an M4?

Conan The Barbarian
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Who knows, they skipped ahead 6 months.

kdrcraig
10-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Very good return, already better than most of the bullshit that happened last season. If this season follows the prison/woodbury storyline from the comics even remotely closely it's going to be awesome, and so far it's looking good.

Mech
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
The guard zombies were awesome.

Conan The Barbarian
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Yea, the part where Rick takes off the mask off the one and his face comes off with the mask. Pretty neat.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Personally, I'd really like to see them pull off a season that takes place (at least partially) in winter someday. I'm glad that Ty made it kinda work with skipping over it completely, but I can't help but wonder what that's be like on screen.

Yea, the part where Rick takes off the mask off the one and his face comes off with the mask. Pretty neat.

That might've been one of my favorite zombie scenes in the series. Definitely dropped my jaw when that happened - It was really well done! As were the armored zombies! Way to go the video game route without making it unbelievable.

Conan The Barbarian
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
It probably would have been boring, if I remember correctly, the zombies froze in the winter in the comics.

Mech
10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
This all takes place in the South though, right? There really wouldn't be much of a winter. Not compared to say if they were in the Midwest or something.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
That's right, I remember them freezing...But eh, who knows. I'm just after the prison arc in the comics, so I don't know how much further any of the survivors would venture from Georgia, but I'm sure they could make it work in the story if they wanted it to, somehow.

I guess I wouldn't want to see this show hop over every winter. I totally get the reasoning, it makes sense, but doing it again would make things seem too "television" to me. Like, nothing noteworthy happens in the winter months? Everyone lives through winter? Everyone gets along, peachy keen? I dunno. It's not a flaw on the show to skip over those months, it would just be weird if it became a recurring thing.

Zipfinator
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Didn't Axel call the big black guy they killed Tyronne? The guy that lived is Oscar. If so, that sucks. They always said Tyronne was a separate character to T-Dog so I thought they would end up doing something with him sometime.

EDIT: On Talking dead they're calling him Tiny so perhaps Tyronne will show up sometime soon.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
I think it was Big Tiny they said at one point, I could be wrong. But I really loved how Rick just went and killed half of them. Man this is a good season so far.

bobbie solo
10-22-2012, 12:06 AM
they're moving quicker than the comic in showing Rick becoming more hardened and quicker to kill, but it works completely and makes sense to get there faster bc it's such a compelling component, why save it?

he was so, so badass this episode. he didn't have to let the little dude die, but just like the book, I can't blame him for it either. dude tried to him him with a bat. oh well.

burn.
10-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Really good episode, but they got rid of the prisoners too quick (Andrew and Tomas last a bit longer in the comics).

For a minute there I thought they were killing Lori. Wow.

Didn't Axel call the big black guy they killed Tyronne? The guy that lived is Oscar. If so, that sucks. They always said Tyronne was a separate character to T-Dog so I thought they would end up doing something with him sometime.

EDIT: On Talking dead they're calling him Tiny so perhaps Tyronne will show up sometime soon.

Don't worry. It's Tyreese, not Tyronne. I hope he appears soon. :)

Zipfinator
10-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Really good episode, but they got rid of the prisoners too quick (Andrew and Tomas last a bit longer in the comics).

For a minute there I thought they were killing Lori. Wow.

Don't worry. It's Tyreese, not Tyronne. I hope he appears soon. :)

Yeah, haven't read those early issues in a while.

Also I'm fine with them killing off the prisoners too early. That storyline didn't really go anywhere other than the shitty prisoner killing Hershel's twin daughters and trying to kill Andrea. I guess she won't have that scar on her face in the show. Also there's still some openings for those two being accepted into the group because Axel was in the comic. I'd be surprised if they don't do something with them.

burn.
10-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Yeah, haven't read those early issues in a while.

Also I'm fine with them killing off the prisoners too early. That storyline didn't really go anywhere other than the shitty prisoner killing Hershel's twin daughters and trying to kill Andrea. I guess she won't have that scar on her face in the show. Also there's still some openings for those two being accepted into the group because Axel was in the comic. I'd be surprised if they don't do something with them.

I was thinking that maybe Axel could be the crazy one this time around.

Magtig
10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
The best part of the episode was Rick killing the living.

Zipfinator
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I was thinking that maybe Axel could be the crazy one this time around.

Perhaps. He does have the crazy wild west mustache and not the biker beard from the comic.

Wolfkiller
10-24-2012, 03:09 PM
the best part of the episode was rick killing the living.

rick happens!

thelastdisciple
10-29-2012, 06:40 AM
If it's been 6 months or 8 months or somewhere around that amount of time between the last episode of Season 2 and the opening of Season 3, what the hell exactly took them THAT long to find the prison? i mean i get that Winter has supposedly come and gone since then (i would have loved to see some of the survival aspects involved) and they probably wouldn't want to be travelling too much as they'd want shelter and warmth but since the sweeping shot of it in pretty close proximity to them at the end of the Season 2 finale i would've thought it'd only take upwards of a month to maybe get themselves ready with ammo and weapons, then storm the place....why did it take so long?

Also Lori does not look pregnant enough to me for the time that's passed i mean she looks preggers but not 8 months preggers or she doesn't seem like she acts pregnant enough either....

neorev
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
last night's episode was blah. not really feeling Michonne so far and for Andrea... please, just die already... i hate her character so much

caca
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
After two rock solid episodes to start the season, I thought last night's episode was a bit of a snoozer.

mfte
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
How come everyone from the comic looks like their character from the comic except the Governor?

johnbron
10-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow. I absolutely loved last night's episode.

NotoriousTIMP
10-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Me too!!! So far this season is 100x better than season 2

Conan The Barbarian
10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
If it's been 6 months or 8 months or somewhere around that amount of time between the last episode of Season 2 and the opening of Season 3, what the hell exactly took them THAT long to find the prison? i mean i get that Winter has supposedly come and gone since then (i would have loved to see some of the survival aspects involved) and they probably wouldn't want to be travelling too much as they'd want shelter and warmth but since the sweeping shot of it in pretty close proximity to them at the end of the Season 2 finale i would've thought it'd only take upwards of a month to maybe get themselves ready with ammo and weapons, then storm the place....why did it take so long?

Maybe they used that scene for dramatic build up to the new season?

How come everyone from the comic looks like their character from the comic except the Governor?

Maybe there were actors who looked the part but didnt slay it like DM did. I thought he rocked.

Mech
10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
It's a show based off of a comic. I am not entirely critical of how much time has passed because "the prison was right there" at the end of season 2. Who knows, maybe they took off the opposite direction for a bit. It's not crucial to the storyline.

Regarding Lori being pregnant, for being on foot a lot of time and having lack of food, so much so that she is concerned that her child is dead inside, I wouldn't expect her to look like the pregnant ladies we see here today, who can eat every other hour.

I really enjoyed last nights episode and Woodbury has opened up a lot of other story lines and conflicts. The Governor, wow!

orestes
11-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Not every pregnant woman carries the same. If you're tall and have a long torso, even at near full term, you're not going to be big as a house.

I can't believe some of you are saying this last episode was a snoozer when the closing scene alone was so creepy. I'm glad they're showing just how menacing and dangerous the Governor is in his first episode.

Conan The Barbarian
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
What is going to suck is the wait after these last two eps air.

orestes
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
What, until next year? Dammit.

burn.
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Last episode of this half airs on December 2nd. We'll have to wait until February.

Conan The Barbarian
11-01-2012, 11:25 PM
yup that sucks. and I think my sisters wedding is on that day.

Michalrose
11-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Me too!!! So far this season is 100x better than season 2
Completely agree. I don't hate Laurie nearly as much this season. Last season I was hoping she would get bit.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/530591_546622795367178_1560182055_n.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
that is a great pic.

What an amazing episode. I am really happy that this show just keeps getting better and better.

ThinkIcouldburn
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
They just wimped out on so much in that episode. I know they aren't completely following the comic, but some serious plot lines have been absolutely abandoned and I'm realizing my favorite parts and characters from the prison are not going to be shown at all. It was entertaining, but I'm really quite pissed off.

thelastdisciple
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Best episode yet!

This lends to some MAJOR character development for Rick and Carl.

caca
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Wow! I did NOT see that ending coming...

NotoriousTIMP
11-05-2012, 12:04 AM
All I can say about tonight's episode is: FINALLY....

johnbron
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
All I can say about tonight's episode is: FINALLY....
FINALLY INDEED! I'll take that baby screaming over her existing in upcoming episodes.

I will admit though, Rick's crying almost got to me. Almost.

Conan The Barbarian
11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
They just wimped out on so much in that episode. I know they aren't completely following the comic, but some serious plot lines have been absolutely abandoned and I'm realizing my favorite parts and characters from the prison are not going to be shown at all. It was entertaining, but I'm really quite pissed off.

Yea, I was kinda of let down that they decided to do her in like that instead of the way in the books. How will this effect Ricks psyche? Will it be like the books?

Answer to that is no, I now know they have abandoned the comic when it comes to characters. Which is fine by me, all because of the way they let Carl handle it. I am now a huge Carl fan of the show.

Mech
11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Holy shit! What an amazing episode and a powerful ending. Made me tear up and my fiancé (who rarely watches the show) full out cry. Carl, wow, what a man. As soon as Rick saw his gun out and Lori not being there, he knew what happened. Man, can't wait for next episode! Glad this wasn't the episode before break.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-05-2012, 09:21 AM
The funniest part regarding this episode: Who's talking about how much they'll miss T-Dog? Everybody on the planet. Who's talking about how much they'll miss Lori? Fucking. NOBODY. :P

But really, I'm really impressed with last night's episode. It's unreal how much has happened in these first 4 episodes compared to last season's first half. I can't even imagine what our mid-season cliffhanger will be.

Oh yeah, and it looks like Michonne is finally having one of her "moments" next episode!

Conan The Barbarian
11-05-2012, 09:44 AM
What was funny was before season 3 began the writing process, Kirkman said that T-Dogg will have alot more into the story.

I guess I can kind of see where this is going with the baby.

ltrandazzo
11-05-2012, 10:45 AM
So I'll throw it out there now - I prefer the birthing death for Lori than the one she got in the comics. Rick's crying and Carl's shock was... indescribable.

NotoriousTIMP
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
A friend of mine went to the Long Beach comic-con this past week and bumped into this girl....

Best comic-con costume?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/C0178F0A-9FE8-4C42-BA6A-DF7E3103DA70-2040-000001B77B15FA48.jpg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Lori is just not a likable character. But man, that scene was hard to watch for a second when she knew what was going to happen. I'm really going to miss T though, what a valuable man of the group they lost right there. I really just want to see Rick go ape shit to be honest.

orestes
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I am utterly spent after watching this episode. Full on quiet sob.

NotoriousTIMP
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Lori was a terrible character. I don't see why people are all torn up about her death.

orestes
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
So she "deserved" to die? No, and not anymore than T-Dog but maybe that's just the humanist in me talking. ;) I do find it a bit disturbing that people are relishing the death of a character who's major flaw was infidelity. Lori's death is going to have ramifications on Rick and Carl, so I don't accept her death blithely.

And truth be told, the tears started once T-Dog was attacked, so there. Big kudos to Andrew Lincoln in this episode.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I didn't want to see her die to be honest, but I am not that sad she is gone for some reason. Even before she was really pregnant, I didn't care for her as a character. This whole episode was one big mind fuck; almost like "Is this really happening??". Hate that we have to wait after these episodes till feb along with Revolution taking a break until freaking march.

NotoriousTIMP
11-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Her character brought NOTHING to the show. Not once did I ever connect to her. My friends and I all have been talking about its amazing how she has lasted this long and needs to be dropped from the show.

Now we're stuck with her bastard child who is going to slow down the group. Even in death Lori is a fuck up and still manages to screw things up.

profane
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
This season already knocks the past ones out of the park. Never expected them to go this far on television. And the acting is great for the biggest part. And Lori is finally gone. Haluluja!

orestes
11-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Her character brought NOTHING to the show. Not once did I ever connect to her. My friends and I all have been talking about its amazing how she has lasted this long and needs to be dropped from the show.

Now we're stuck with her bastard child who is going to slow down the group. Even in death Lori is a fuck up and still manages to screw things up.

If we're going to nitpick, the same could be said for a majority of the group until this season. And how will a baby slow down the group when you have Hershel walking around on crutches?

Both T-Dog and Lori sacrificed themselves for the greater good of the group, which seems to have been missed by some people.

Michalrose
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow what an episode. I cried at the end. This show is just great and I agree this season so far blows the first two away.

kdrcraig
11-06-2012, 07:08 AM
I do find it a bit disturbing that people are relishing the death of a character who's major flaw was infidelity.

Her greatest flaw was being a shitty wife/mother/person surviving in the apocalypse. She was a terrible character from the first moment she was on screen, and I always thought a shitty actress too. Quite comparable to the way I feel about Tara as a character on True Blood, just awful. Either way, I thought her death was pretty fucking powerful, maybe even more so than in the comic. Didn't think T-Dog would get taken out so early after all that talk about him being a bigger part of the show this season, I guess this kind of counts though.

Also, fantastic episode overall.

profane
11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/184e2hsetv3shjpg/original.jpg

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_md0h4wnkHx1rzf9mfo4_400.gif

Sorry.

Magtig
11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Rick killed Lori.

With his penis.

Bye stupid lady!

profane
11-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Wasn't that actually Shane?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I know there is such thing as "Pre-Cum", but have these characters ever heard of the term "Pulling Out?". I would think in the middle of a zombielypse, you would try to prevent having a kid at all costs?

neorev
11-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Too bad Lori was such a god awful character because that scene had no emotional impact on me or my girlfriend whatsoever, which sucks. Totally ruined by her being such a shitty person in the show. I am so relieved she is finally gone and there was no room to even feel remotely bad about the situation. I wished they really made her character good so there was actually some emotional investment in her death. In the end, we couldn't help but shout "Yaaaaaaaay! Ding dong, the bitch is dead!" It sucks because I would rather feel emotionally invested in this show's characters and the show would have a bigger impact. I am quite enjoying season 3 so far... hated season 2 with a passion except for like 2 episodes... but this season has been quite good. But I still don't find myself being moved my the loss of its characters because there's no real connection with any.

Conan The Barbarian
11-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I know there is such thing as "Pre-Cum", but have these characters ever heard of the term "Pulling Out?". I would think in the middle of a zombielypse, you would try to prevent having a kid at all costs?

They are Southerners

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

mfte
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
ding dong the witch is dead

sweeterthan
11-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I put off watching this episode because I just had a c section a week and a half ago and was scared it would fuck with me mentally. I thought maybe the baby was going to die and turn and kill Lori. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Carl pulling the trigger and rick's reaction were both very powerful scenes. I definitely cried bc of rick's reaction. Also, poor T. Finally has some lines and gets killed off.

I think season is better than the first two because the written, acting and effects have really been stellar. I hated season 2 and almost quit watching but season 3 has made it worth sticking 2 out.

NotoriousTIMP
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah, season 2 was such a snore fest until the end.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
FUCK.

That cliffhanger. I mean, I know what happens after reading the books, but this is a little different. I'm SO EXCITED for next week. This season is nuts.

bobbie solo
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
if you read the comic, thats not much of a cliffhanger. i think it's very very awesome that they are including that though. another great episode. I hope Andrea has a plan...

bobbie solo
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
oh, and check out these new webisodes. Chris mentioned them briefly on Talking Dead. They're solid, take place right after the outbreak it seems.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/webisode-1-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-hide-and-seek

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-12-2012, 07:35 AM
It was more awesome because I wasn't expecting the phone call while they were still in the prison. Then when they cut it off, GAH. It was such a cocktease. I'm excited for the way the show's progressing. At this rate, they'll be done with Woodbury by the end of the season, and then I'll have to get back to reading the books before I fall behind.

orestes
11-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Daryl Dixon: baby whisperer.

NotoriousTIMP
11-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I love how crazy Rick became in this episode. All my girlfriend and I could say by the end was "wow, how the hell are they getting away with this on TV?"

Also, was it just me or did anyone else find it weird that they found unspoiled baby formula? I don't know much about that stuff so does it has some crazy shelf life or something?

jessamineny
11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Also, was it just me or did anyone else find it weird that they found unspoiled baby formula? I don't know much about that stuff so does it has some crazy shelf life or something?

Unopened powdered baby formula can have a "use-by" date a couple of years out. Hasn't it been about a year since the outbreak?

Incendiary Lover
11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
What happened to Carol? The last we saw of her was before T-Dog died, but this episode they have a grave for her.

I love how crazy Rick became in this episode. All my girlfriend and I could say by the end was "wow, how the hell are they getting away with this on TV?"
*snip*

No kidding! When Rick finds the bloated zombie in the room where Lori died, camera pans to the blood tracks and hair on the zombies chin from consuming the corpse... WOW. I didn't think it would get much more gory, but then he starts to hack away at the zombies belly. So gross! I thought the shiny object was her wedding ring? But the after show said it was the bullet that killed her.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I was half expecting Rick to find Carol and accidentally kill her on his little spree. But the fact that she's still missing has me really curious about what they're gonna do with her.

Also, how sick was that T-Dogg prop they had on Talking Dead? It looked so REAL.

NotoriousTIMP
11-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Unopened powdered baby formula can have a "use-by" date a couple of years out. Hasn't it been about a year since the outbreak?

Ah, powdered formula, didn't even think of that. I thought it has been roughly 18 months since the outbreak, but I could be wrong

kdrcraig
11-13-2012, 07:54 AM
It was more awesome because I wasn't expecting the phone call while they were still in the prison. Then when they cut it off, GAH. It was such a cocktease. I'm excited for the way the show's progressing. At this rate, they'll be done with Woodbury by the end of the season, and then I'll have to get back to reading the books before I fall behind.

I thought the phone call was just Rick hallucinating but I've only read up to issue 48 of the comic. I bought the second compendium but figured I'd wait to read it until after this season is over. I'm so glad this season has been kicking ass, I was ready to give up on this show after last season.

thelastdisciple
11-13-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm still hoping Morgan Jones and his boy show up again somewhere sometime soon or get some explanation of if they're dead or what happened to them, can't believe they've left that story open since the beginning of Season 1 but then again we JUST got Merle back too.

(I haven't read the comics)

Zipfinator
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm still hoping Morgan Jones and his boy show up again somewhere sometime soon or get some explanation of if they're dead or what happened to them, can't believe they've left that story open since the beginning of Season 1 but then again we JUST got Merle back too.

Next season perhaps.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Prepare to have your soul crushed if they follow how it went down in the comics. :-)

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I bet Carol is gonna show up after 6 episodes of aimless searching for her.

Like mother, like daughter.

sweeterthan
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I hope carol shows up alive. Her exit seemed too quick and uneventful. I didn't think she was dead til they dug a grave for her.

The baby formula reminds me of lost. Every time the characters need food or shelter, they find what they need. Not that it's that far fetched to find items that have been abandoned, it just seems too convienient.

Mech
11-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Though the episode made it seem easy and convenient, it doesn't mean that they haven't already found/remembered places that would have what they're looking for when they will eventually want/need it.. Why would you carry around extra stuff that you don't need at that time? I thought they did a good job episode 1 this season showing that they have been struggling finding necessities, with Carl trying to eat the dog food. And now that I think about it, I thought they even mentioned in the last episode something about a nursery.

Harry Seaward
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Prepare to have your soul crushed if they follow how it went down in the comics. :-)

Am I the only one who thinks this might have needed a spoiler tag? Yeesh.

S. Chonson
11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
*RANDAZZO EDIT*

Nope. Sorry dude. We're not going to do that here.

Zipfinator
11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this might have needed a spoiler tag? Yeesh.

Pretty much. That comment doesn't even hint that either of them is dead and from how they've treated most of the characters so far something "soul crushing" has or will happen to pretty much everyone.

orestes
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Did you type this before or after you read his wiki entry?

Conan The Barbarian
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Seriously, why the fuck would you post that shit? Can a mod delete that post?

ltrandazzo
11-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Believe me, I have come NO WHERE near close to spoiling Morgan's story in the comics. If you'd like to find out, support the comic and head to your LCS and pick up each volume until you're caught up.

Zipfinator
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Believe me, I have come NO WHERE near close to spoiling Morgan's story in the comics. If you'd like to find out, support the comic and head to your LCS and pick up each volume until you're caught up.

I think after Seaward they were all talking about Chonson who posted spoilers for pretty much everything in the next episode of the show.

Conan The Barbarian
11-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, I still think comic spoilers are fair game since the series has been around for a hundred issues

ltrandazzo
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh! Yeah, just saw that. That shit's disappearing right now...

S. Chonson
11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I tried to make it hidden. :/

profane
11-16-2012, 01:13 PM
http://sktechworks.ca/meme.png

Magtig
11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Uh oh. Rick brain fall down go boom boom.

Was anyone else reminded of The Shining?

kdrcraig
11-20-2012, 08:11 AM
It's getting nuts how much better this season is than last, almost seems like a completely different show.

I wonder if Maggie and Glenn are going to take the place of what happens to Michonne and Rick in the comics at the hands of the Governor. I've been wondering if they're even going to do that in the show since it's so fucking crazy.

Alexandros
11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I can't understand why the Governor is so out to get anyone not of his "camp". First with the soldiers and now with the Atlanta group. What has he got to gain by going against these people? Guys who have read the comics, can you enlighten me here without spoiling anything? Is there a reason behind this, just a yes or no will do. Or is this part different from the comics?

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
If I remember right, I think he's just power hungry...He just wants to build and build Woodbury and be the head honcho. I'm not sure that there's really much more reason than that.

He took out the soldiers because he knew they could be a problem; he probably couldn't manipulate them the way he does everyone else.

Edit: However, I haven't read Rise of the Governor or Road to Woodbury, so I dunno all the details on his character.

Zipfinator
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM
@kdrcraig, Glenn was beat up at Woodbury in the comics too. I don't think they'll replace the rapey bits with Maggie instead of Michonne because it's on TV but we'll see... I also think that Merle will be the one to chop off Rick's hand though to get back at him once Rick inevitably goes to Woodbury to talk to the Governor/rescue Glenn and Maggie.