PDA

View Full Version : NIN Fans in Columbus, Ohio....Need some advice

wch1208
12-28-2015, 04:14 PM
My friend, we will call her Deb, had a great idea for my Xmas present this year. A road trip to the Hall of Fame so that we could see Chaka Khan inductee exhibit. When that did not work out, she threw in some Rock on the Range tickets. She believes that Rob Zombie might be able to keep me from jumping out my upstairs window here in Southwest Iowa. My point.?

I am just looking for a little assist from a fellow NIN fan. Things like...."don't get a hotel in that area...the hookers all have crabs" or "don't stay there, you will never see your car again"

I am planning a trip blind here...any help would be appreciated.
I know it seems premature. ...but hotel rooms are filling up.
Thanks in advance.

and yes, we are still going to the Hall of Fame.
Fuckers

Senateguard33
12-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Columbus resident here, it's a great area! Lots of things to do downtown. Pretty much all the hotels on High Street are top notch.

Not much crime going on nowadays. If you happen to walk through the OSU campus area (Short North especially) you may run into a few homeless folk. None are malicious or violent, they're actually pretty nice and and friendly.

Also, 270 is a big loop around Columbus, and you could easily get to downtown from a lot of places with 30 minutes, if you're looking for hotel deals.

wch1208
12-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Ever been to Rock on the Range?

Sarah K
12-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Where do you live in IA? I was there for a couple of years!

Amaro
12-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Aw, I was hoping for a meetup thread.

Enjoy Columbus!

wch1208
12-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Where do you live in IA? I was there for a couple of years!
Red Oak Iowa. It is on the Southwest corner of the state, about 30 miles North of Missouri...and about 45 miles East of Omaha. I spend a lot of time in West Des Moines also. Where were you at ??

Sarah K
12-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Haha. I lived in CB with my partner at the time... He was from Red Oak! Then I lived in Omaha before moving to NYC a couple of years ago.

wch1208
12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Haha. I lived in CB with my partner at the time... He was from Red Oak! Then I lived in Omaha before moving to NYC a couple of years ago.
That is some scary Internet irony!!
Glad you made it out alive.