PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands!

Pages : [1] 2 3

NIN64
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Any Borderlands love on this board?

NIN64
12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Even though it is off screen, this video gets me pretty pumped for the next one.

http://youtu.be/jQF7GQjTjsM

Hula
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Borderlands is one of those games that gets you so sucked into the world that it's hard to find something that fills the void once it's over. I guess that's why they have playthroughs 2 and 2.5 :P

The first game felt like they made the most of what really boiled down to simplistic gameplay (very little by way of skill customisation and so on), so I'll be interested to see if the sequel is as effective if it brings in more features. Whereas there are great games like, say, Mass Effect where there was a lot to be improved upon in the sequel, to me there's not a whole lot in Borderlands that I would change.

NIN64
12-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree Hula. I feel like the only thing they could really improve upon is the story, but in the first one the story really wasn't what keeps me playing. I'll be happy as long as there is still loot, and millions of guns.

october_midnight
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm just stoked that there's gameplay vids of 2 already...pumped!

darktemplar007
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I can't wait for 2.This game is an absolute blast with friends.

Piko
12-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Never finished. Always got stuck with shitty parties and eventually wandered away. Should finish it.

Space Suicide
12-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I beat it with the Hunter. Will replay to mop up for achievements and to beat DLC (only beat The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned entirely).

2 should be good.

Piko
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Haven't messed with any of the DLC yet. Figure I will later (I have the goty).

xmd 5a
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
The first game was crack for me, I couldn't stop playing it. If this is more of the same, I'm sold. If this is as much of an improvement as the gameplay video makes it look, I guess I'm sold-er.

NIN64
12-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I've played through 3 times on both Xbox 360, and PS3. . .

xmd 5a
12-10-2011, 03:00 AM
I finished my first playthrough and instantly started a NG+ without feeling burnt out in the least. Not to mention the DLC and the few hours to get the ability Achievements for my non-main characters. I could happily do it all again.

Lilith was my main. I didn't find the other characters as suited to my play style as her.

Piko
12-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I might pick this back up soon. Is it ok to play the DLC? Or should I wait?

Hula
12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I think co-op might be even more fun than single player and I normally HATE co-op. Love this game.

Beef of the Sea
12-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I might pick this back up soon. Is it ok to play the DLC? Or should I wait?

Wait for what? It's been out for ages, in fact there was 75% off sale on steam for it just the other day.

Piko
12-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Wait for what? It's been out for ages, in fact there was 75% off sale on steam for it just the other day.

I have all of the dlc already (GOTY version). Never finished the campaign, so I don't know if I should finish the campaign first, or I could just pick up and play them whenever. That's what I meant to ask.

I think co-op might be even more fun than single player and I normally HATE co-op. Love this game.

Single player's kinda boring. The co-op's definitely where it's at.

Beef of the Sea
12-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Nah just play the DLC, heaps better than the main story / missions.

Hula
12-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Single player's kinda boring. The co-op's definitely where it's at.

Co-op is exactly the same thing, just with your goof ball friend running around getting you into fights with skags when you're busy changing your weapon. It's a lot more fun to play it with someone else than I expected it to be, sure, but if you intrinsically didn't like the solo campaign I wouldn't think it'd be any better in co-op.

Re: DLC—they can be a bit of a bitch on your second playthrough because of the level cap and the fact that the enemies all level up to match you. That's a good thing if you like it more challenging, but I personally got more out of it playing the DLC in the middle of the main campaign to give myself a breather from the main storyline.

kdrcraig
12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I did nothing but play this game for a few months. Played through the main story with a friend and then did all the DLC's by myself. Still gotta finish the last two large arenas in the Moxxi DLC, that shit is boring as hell. Really can't wait for the sequel.

Kamelion
12-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Loved this game. Didn't buy any of the DLC so hit the level cap part-way through the second playthrough, which kinda sucks. Hate level caps. Still, anyone want to play, gimme a shout and I'll bust out my character for some action.

twilight explosion
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I played this game for a month and a half with my friends. Funny story, it was the semester when me and my friend failed it horribly. I wonder why...

Space Suicide
12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I did nothing but play this game for a few months. Played through the main story with a friend and then did all the DLC's by myself. Still gotta finish the last two large arenas in the Moxxi DLC, that shit is boring as hell. Really can't wait for the sequel.

Moxxi's is boring, slow and too much repetitiveness.

Hula
12-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Only bad thing about Moxxi's is if you spend hours on the arenas and die on the last round, you're SOL.

I kinda wanted Moxxi and Lilith to hook up, though.

twilight explosion
12-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Only bad thing about Moxxi's is if you spend hours on the arenas and die on the last round, you're SOL.

I kinda wanted Moxxi and Lilith to hook up, though.

I will fight a mother fucker over moxxi. I AIN'T GON' LIE

isak
12-18-2011, 03:55 AM
Has anyone actually been able to play this online on the PS3? I bought an official sony blutooth headset and all communication is incredibly laggy and skips most the time. Apparently you can fix it by using a non blutooth headset and making the audio come through the TV, but then some people online have even said that doesn't work. Surely there's got to be a fix though, they couldn't ignore something this big completely surely?

kdrcraig
01-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Finally finished all the Moxxie arenas last night, shit was boring as hell. Gonna rent this from Gamefly on PS3 so I can play through the main game all over again.

Hula
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Gonna take this with a grain of salt, but wouldn't it be nice?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly45ibjt6v1r0682uo1_500.jpg
(from the Borderlands 2 page (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2) on the Borderlands wiki)

october_midnight
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah no one's sure of the date yet. Wikipedia has said it's Sept. 1st for months now, with its source being GameStop...who has April 1st as a date lol.

Piko
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Been hearing september. Wikipedia also had bioshock infinite coming out in June... Not there anymore either.

october_midnight
02-22-2012, 09:11 AM
September 18th in North America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-IvYHMv4sQ

2K also announced that fans who pre-order Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will receive access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, and the Vault Hunter's Relic. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora. The Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends.

kdrcraig
02-22-2012, 09:51 AM
^ Just saw that this morning, freaking sweet. I'll definitely be pre-ordering for the extra goodies. I was hoping this would come out in the summer but I'll take what I can get.

Hula
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiit

Cannot wait. I don't know whether to have someone get this for my birthday or just pre-order the fuck out of it now.

october_midnight
04-04-2012, 11:34 AM
A pantload of new reviews. (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=135367)

Looks great.

darktemplar007
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Video Preview from Destructoid
Not sure if there's any new footage, but it was new to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=parpZl_DQzI

october_midnight
04-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Nah this is new. Thanks for posting. Fuck I can't wait.

darktemplar007
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I can't get over how smooth everything looks. I really hope it runs that buttery smooth on console, as I'm guessing most of the videos are of PC gameplay.

Space Suicide
04-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll get this probably.

october_midnight
04-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Borderlands 2 will have 5th character class as free DLC shortly after release for preorders. Also, Gearbox announces an edition with Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, AND another edition with bobblehead and replica loot container. (http://www.shogungamer.com/news/13784/first-peek-borderlands-2-special-editions-new-dlc-info)

While I'm a big fan, I'll be just coming out of my wedding (now accepting donations) and our condo is only so big. The replica loot box looks great, but I think the only special edition around that time I'm getting is BioShock Infinite. Wish they'd announce what's in there soon...

kdrcraig
04-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Awesome that there will be a 5th class and the bonus character skin stuff for having a save from the first game. I've never cared anything about special editions, the loot container and bobblehead are pretty cool, but not $100 cool.

october_midnight
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Agreed. For obvious reasons they made it fairly small (compared to the game, not sure someone would want a 6 foot long case in their living room) and it looks sweet, but yeah I'll stick with the game itself lol.

october_midnight
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Awesome video review of the Gunzerker class. (http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/05/video-go-gunzerker-in-borderlands-2)

With BioShock Infinite delayed, this and Dishonored are the big two for me. This looks to be shaping up NICELY.

NIN64
05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition!
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!1! (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/17/borderlands-2-special-editions-revealed/)

Piko
05-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition!
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!1! (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/17/borderlands-2-special-editions-revealed/)

Dammit... looks very, very tempting. Gonna be a broke ass panda. Because I'm most likely getting the special halo 4 as well.

kdrcraig
05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
I do like the Marcus bobblehead, might see if I can find one on ebay after it releases since I don't care anything about all the other crap.

october_midnight
05-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Hmm, doesn't really jump out at me, plus I'm past the days of needing a special edition anything (BioShock notwithstanding) unless the actual game content is exclusive. Just another bobblehead for a shelf doesn't cut it for me. NOT digging on anyone's enthusiasm for it at all, it's pretty choice no doubt. It does look like preordering the standard version, which I have, still gets you some in game content which is the biggest thing for me. The 'unspecified DLC' in this edition may be worth scouring eBay to find however. This and Dishonored will be the only 2 games I probably have time for playing this fall. All the video previews of this look beyond awesome.

Jinsai
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I loved the first game, so I'll be getting this. Still, I'm still a little bummed that the last DLC pack glitched out on me and my friend. It seems like the quest is now impossible to complete, which sucks.

kdrcraig
05-17-2012, 09:55 PM
I loved the first game, so I'll be getting this. Still, I'm still a little bummed that the last DLC pack glitched out on me and my friend. It seems like the quest is now impossible to complete, which sucks.

Which one are you talking about? There are ways around all of the glitches as far as I know.

Jinsai
05-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Which one are you talking about? There are ways around all of the glitches as far as I know.

It's been a long time, so there's no way I can recall what mission it was exactly. It was a fetch quest, and I think you were supposed to pick up these unique items... for some reason, I think they were weapons? Either way, I had already ventured into the area and picked up one of the items, so when I got the quest I couldn't complete that section. It was very frustrating... maybe it's been patched?

Space Suicide
05-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm getting standard copy when I do. I love the cover.

Beef of the Sea
05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
The "unspecified DLC" is for another character wasn't it? The Mech-romancer, remember it being mentioned at GDC.

kdrcraig
05-18-2012, 06:59 AM
It's been a long time, so there's no way I can recall what mission it was exactly. It was a fetch quest, and I think you were supposed to pick up these unique items... for some reason, I think they were weapons? Either way, I had already ventured into the area and picked up one of the items, so when I got the quest I couldn't complete that section. It was very frustrating... maybe it's been patched?

I haven't heard of any of the scavenger missions being glitched, I'm surprised it glitched on you like that. You would think when you accept the mission it would've respawned all the stuff you needed.

The "unspecified DLC" is for another character wasn't it? The Mech-romancer, remember it being mentioned at GDC.

You get that just for pre-ordering. That DLC might be the arena thing you get for pre-ordering from Gamestop.

Hula
05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Hmm, doesn't really jump out at me, plus I'm past the days of needing a special edition anything (BioShock notwithstanding) unless the actual game content is exclusive. Just another bobblehead for a shelf doesn't cut it for me. NOT digging on anyone's enthusiasm for it at all, it's pretty choice no doubt. It does look like preordering the standard version, which I have, still gets you some in game content which is the biggest thing for me. The 'unspecified DLC' in this edition may be worth scouring eBay to find however. This and Dishonored will be the only 2 games I probably have time for playing this fall. All the video previews of this look beyond awesome.

Pretty much agreeing with all of this. I'd been wondering how much of my Paris funds I could set aside for the ultimate edition of this but now that I've seen what's going to be included, I'm not too fussed. I had to get the collectors' edition of Mass Effect 3 because that game will never stop emotionally moving me but with this... I dunno. I feel like it's a lot of parade over stuff that's pretty standard to get with a game's LE—only difference being the huge freaking price tag. I'd probably get the loot chest itself if it were thirty bucks or whatever but eh.

That said, I do suddenly feel the urge to preorder the standard edition now that I'm not holding out for the holy grail. I just want this game to be out.

october_midnight
05-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Agreed. In no way did I say all that as a way to bag on the game, I'm pumped as hell for it. Just the game though, there's only a few series I'll fork out the extra few bucks for the special edition...not because the stuff isn't neat, just because how much do I really need a bobblehead, ya know?

october_midnight
05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
A VERY awesome article on the challenges faced creating Borderlands 2. (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/17/3022303/crazy-town-gearbox-on-making-borderlands-2)

Hula
05-19-2012, 02:52 AM
A VERY awesome article on the challenges faced creating Borderlands 2. (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/17/3022303/crazy-town-gearbox-on-making-borderlands-2)

Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.

october_midnight
05-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the main beefs people had with the first two Gears of War titles...so much brown and grey that many found it kinda washed out and drab. I remember a few videos with Cliff B. from EPIC saying that it was one of their big things for Gears 3 to have more light and color.

I agree though, I love the cell shaded, comic book style of the first game, and it is interesting to think of what would've happened (as mentioned in that article) if they just would've kept it like all the other FPS'ers.

Also, Gearbox just answered some questions regarding level cap, vehicles, and more. (http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/05/19/gearbox-answers-your-borderlands-2-questions-game-details/) (spoiler-ish)

october_midnight
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
The first special edition is going to be $99.99, and the deluxe one with loot case is $149.99, yikes.

kdrcraig
05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
That's just nuts, I can't even wrap my head around paying 150 bucks for a video game.

october_midnight
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
BioShock Infinite would be the only possible game that I'll consider it, and even then yeah....damn.

Piko
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
While it all looks cool, I'm sticking with just the regular version, probably.

october_midnight
05-22-2012, 06:17 PM
New-ish details emerge regarding Gearbox's intent to fix framerate and voice chat issues from the first game. (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/19/borderlands-2-fixes-voice-chat-framerate-issues-from-first-game/)

kdrcraig
05-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Was the voice chat issue just with PS3? I've seen people bitch about it for that but never for 360 and I never had any issues on 360, didn't really play it online for PS3 at all. Good to see they're making sure the framerate issues get fixed, that could get a little nasty in the first one.

Piko
05-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I never noticed a voice chat issue... kudos to them for that though I guess.

october_midnight
05-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I too heard about the issues but never experienced them, lucked out apparently.

october_midnight
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
One of the programmers just took a pic with the loot chest. Gives you a sense of the size of the thing.

BOOM. (http://twitpic.com/9r4lb1)

NIN64
06-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Gamestop, and Amazon have already stopped taking pre-orders for the ultimate loot chest Borderlands 2. . .

Edit: Looks like it's sold out. (http://kotaku.com/5915601/and-now-a-guest-post-from-gearbox-boss-randy-pitchford-)

october_midnight
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Wow that's crazy. I'm sure they're gonna rush the production of some more, but the wrath of the nerds approacheth haha...

october_midnight
06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
New assassin gameplay. (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59360/borderlands-2-zeros-assassin-abilities-gameplay-preview/)

Can't wait for this to drop...

edit: this link here (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/15/borderlands-2-gameplay-videos) has new Commando footage too.

october_midnight
07-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Special player skins, heads, etc. for players who have a Borderlands 1 save file present. (http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/899/33/)

Jinsai
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Planet, what the fuck? This obsession of yours is starting to seem a little unhealthy

october_midnight
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwK0ItkwYpo

darktemplar007
07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
These trailers have been amazing.

kdrcraig
07-12-2012, 03:23 PM
These trailers have been amazing.

Yeah they have, it's making the wait for release painful.

october_midnight
07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Borderlands 2 will have infinite character level progression. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-13-borderlands-2-badass-system-has-infinite-levels-of-progression)

Piko
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Think I'm about I'm about to start a play through of the first one... all this talk about the new one's not helping, heh. Have yet to even finish it, still.

october_midnight
07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Get going on it...according to Gearbox just now...Borderlands 2 campaign clocks in just under....60 hours. For one playthrough. for one character.

Holy shit.

kdrcraig
07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Holy crap that's long, was not expecting it to be anywhere near that. Totally fine with it though.

Piko
07-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Just hopefully it doesn't get too repetitive.

october_midnight
08-28-2012, 04:13 PM
An hour of gameplay with Gearbox president Randy Pitchford. (http://au.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/index.html?event=borderlands_2_with_randy_pitchfor d20120828)

Spoilerish.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Also, you can get Borderlands (standard edition, I think) for free if you're on PS+, starting September 4th. I've been waiting for a reason to buy this game, so I'm all over this. Apparently all the Borderlands DLC will be discounted for PS+, too. SO HYPE.

kdrcraig
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah it's the standard edition, the DLC bundle is gonna be discounted to 10 bucks for PS+ members.

Space Suicide
08-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Gamestop exclusive pre-order DLC announced as

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/010151.jpg

Space Suicide
08-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Meh, I just pre-ordered this today. So along with this Resident Evil 6, Black Ops: Hardened Edition and Limited Edition halo 4 has my wallet crying itself to death.

NIN64
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Just paid off my Ultimate Loot Chest for 360 tonight! w00t!!!1!!

october_midnight
08-30-2012, 09:40 AM
2K announced today that they're doing a season pass, four for the price of three ($30 total). They also announced that all four DLC's would be out by no later than June.

Space Suicide
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
2K announced today that they're doing a season pass, four for the price of three ($30 total). They also announced that all four DLC's would be out by no later than June.

Hm, I seriously might pony up and buy that then.

kdrcraig
09-04-2012, 07:27 AM
I'll definitely get the season pass, I know I'd be buying all the DLC for this game as soon as it's released anyway.

Piko
09-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm in. Until then, I've been playing the first one almost religiously. Why didn't I finish before is just baffling. Been playing solo, but I've bee. Having a blast.

october_midnight
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah $30 for the season pass is nothing, well worth it. Also, Gearbox announced the first add-on, the Mechromancer DLC, drops less than a month after release. (http://tech2.in.com/news/gaming/mechromancer-dlc-for-borderlands-2-gets-a-release-date/408522)

Piko
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm assuming its for everything dlc-wise? I'm sure there'll be expansions aside from mechromancer.

october_midnight
09-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah the Mechromancer is free for everyone who pre-orders it, $10 for those that don't...and then there'll be 4 DLC expansions a la the first game.

Piko
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah the Mechromancer is free for everyone who pre-orders it, $10 for those that don't...and then there'll be 4 DLC expansions a la the first game.

Ah cool. All is well then. Now I just need to finish the first game. So close...

october_midnight
09-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Official site here (http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#pandora) has been updated with a butt-ton of gameplay videos, weapon specs, etc. etc.

NIN64
09-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Just pre-ordered this (http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/borderlands-2-limited-edition-official-strategy-guide/104044). I've never bought a strategy guide before, but this looks cool. I can't remember when the last time I've been so obsessed with a franchise!

Hula
09-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Amazon.com emailed me about the deluxe edition. I was sorely tempted but didn't go for it in the end. I did, however, finally preorder the standard edition of the game. I really don't know why it's taken me so long...

Piko
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
So I finally beat it last night. Did the zombie dlc which was kinda underwhelming. I thought about doing it in the second playthrough, but the required level was 42... So I did in in the first, which was probably a mistake. I just swatted off the zombies AND Ned. Level 36. Zero challenge. Want to the Knoxx one next, but it doesn't seem worth it unless I played in the second playthrough, which would mean I'd have to replay the game just to do it. Meh.

kdrcraig
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
The Zombie one is pretty easy no matter what playthrough you do it on. But yeah, if you're not gonna do Knoxx on at least the second playthrough then you might as well not bother at this point, the loot won't be worth it on playthrough 1.

Ruined
09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Borderlands 2 got a good review from IGN. I really enjoyed the first one and look forward to playing the sequel. I can't believe how fast the ultra loot deluxe version pre-orders sold-out. Now they're listing at $500, and up, on ebay. Crazy! I sprung for the second tier "speical edition" of the game for the DLC, etc. Only one week to go!

october_midnight
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Just won 1600 ms points on Twitter, that should pretty much seal the deal on getting the season pass. Baller status.

Space Suicide
09-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Cool but you're still short 800 MSP, not that it is a big deal.

I have the Season Pass pre-ordered, which gives me the Borderlands 2 soundtrack for free download. So between having the Season pass pre-ordered along with the game I shall be attend the Release Party at my town's Gamestop on Monday at 10:00.

october_midnight
09-14-2012, 09:17 PM
No it's not because I already have points. I was going to get the soundtrack, then I realized it's a video game soundtrack and I'd probably listen to it for 10 minutes and then never again. I believe there's going to be a midnight launch here at a few stores, but screw that...it'll still be there when I get it after work on Tuesday lol.

Space Suicide
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
No it's not because I already have points. I was going to get the soundtrack, then I realized it's a video game soundtrack and I'd probably listen to it for 10 minutes and then never again. I believe there's going to be a midnight launch here at a few stores, but screw that...it'll still be there when I get it after work on Tuesday lol.

Free MSP is always good.

I don't normally go to these parties but fuck it I'm not doing shit Monday night and I'll be damned if I stay home bored, evidently a friend is going so why not join him. I also applied at the same Gamestop and I very well might have the job and be needed there...who knows.

Hula
09-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Cool but you're still short 800 MSP, not that it is a big deal.

I have the Season Pass pre-ordered, which gives me the Borderlands 2 soundtrack for free download. So between having the Season pass pre-ordered along with the game I shall be attend the Release Party at my town's Gamestop on Monday at 10:00.

Did you pre-order with Gamestop or elsewhere?

NIN64
09-18-2012, 07:03 AM
It's sooooo good...

xmd 5a
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Having to wait for the X360 version to be released here in Oz is torture!!!! I want it now!!!!!!

Piko
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
How is it compared to the first one?

Space Suicide
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Did you pre-order with Gamestop or elsewhere?

Gamestop.

Got the game last night and free food. I was third in line. Won a box that advertises the game and 3 random game posters (one of which being Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, whoooo hoooo) as well.

Fun times. I'm a level 8 Assassin. Game seems harder than the first but it's so immersive already. I love the Badass Rank.

Piko
09-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Not even sure what class I'm playing yet. I really liked the Siren class in the first game. But, the assassin looks pretty fun, although I suck at sniping. Didn't get too far with my hunter in the first.

kdrcraig
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm really tempted to start with the gunzerker but I'm afraid I'll really miss the eventual ammo regen from the commando class mod, or at least I'm assuming the commando will have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first game.

darktemplar007
09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I played for about an hour last night, dying to play it again after I'm done with my day. The animations are so SMOOTH. Everything looks fantastic, they really outdid themselves artistically; I always thought the first game was great looking, but it was more or less a unique artsyle covering up a generic wasteland setting, with tons of brown. The first area of BL2 alone blows it away in terms of looks and style.

The writing is also amazing. I don't think I've laughed this much playing a game in a while, I love the characters and dialogue a ton, they really went out of their way to step it up from the static silent NPCs that populated most of the original.
The guns are fantastic too, the pistols don't sound like shit, and I love that every manufacturer is even more unique, especially style-wise. Each of their guns has a unique aspect to them across all of their weapons (like Tediore's exploding on reload feature) that really helps give character to the weapon selection.

Like I said I'm only about an hour in, but having just come off a playthrough of the first one and having it fresh in my mind, this one is such an improvement already.

Itseems like it is going to be massive.

Piko
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Good to hear. Can't wait to pick this up.

october_midnight
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah I'm pumped. After work, and my strata meeting, and bank meeting, and picking up my wife....ITS ON. (for the few hours I'll be able to before more website work) F M L

Space Suicide
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Any guys on Xbox I'm friends with (Piko, october or anyone else for that matter): I'm willing and up to playing co-op as no friends I have play with me on this. Really hate flying solo. I'm quite far already but it's ok that I'll backtrack.

october_midnight
09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah but you're never online.

Space Suicide
09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah but you're never online.

Me? Never online? Right.....LMAO.

I'm on most fo the day every day usually, it's bad. But no college yet so might as well enjoy the times.

october_midnight
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah I was joking lol. I get weirded out if I jump on and you're not on haha.

Piko
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm on my way home now. Going to install it, shower and I'm free to play after. Off tomorrow also. So ik free to co-op.

Space Suicide
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Me (Maya) and Piko (Zero) hitting it hard.

thelastdisciple
09-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Any reviews for the PC version of 2?

xmd 5a
09-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm keen to do some 360 co-op once my copy arrives (hopefully Friday). GT: XMD5A8000

I'll probably play Siren again in this one since Cataclysm-build Lilith annihilated in the first game. Though the Gunzerker seems interesting too...

kdrcraig
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Played from 5 to now with a couple friends and it's awesome, got up to level 11. Took a bit to get used to the new features but it's definitely an improvement. Went with Axton, can't wait to find an ammo regen mod

Piko
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm keen to do some 360 co-op once my copy arrives (hopefully Friday). GT: XMD5A8000

I'll probably play Siren again in this one since Cataclysm-build Lilith annihilated in the first game. Though the Gunzerker seems interesting too...

Not sure how I feel about the Gunzerker. Love the Assassin though. Lvl 14.

Space Suicide
09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Gunzerker is decent. I started the game a third time (ehhhhhh) with a friend and I started playing as him to level up for a small bit.

Piko
09-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I have an Assassin and a Gunzerker. I only really play the Gunzerker with friends though. The Assassin is for everyone else and solo.

xmd 5a
09-19-2012, 11:02 PM
My copy arrived unexpectedly early. I've only played the first 10 minutes and am already noticing some significant improvements - no FOV fuckery when running and being able to collect a whole bunch of loot at once. Ended up choosing Siren for my SP character but I'll give all the others a whirl in co-op.

kdrcraig
09-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Just saw on the Gearbox forums that the gunzerker has the ammo regen mods, not the commando. God damn it. I wanted to start with the gunzerker but didn't because I figured the commando would have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first one. I started a gunzerker last night and got him up to level 3 before I went back to playing with my friends where we're all level 15. Guess I'll just keep using that one for when I play solo but I wanted the ammo regen for playing with friends cause we're blasting so much shit.

Piko
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Really want to try out the siren, but I'm going to wait. Going to try the Gunzerker again (lvl 8). I might just be more biased towards the Assassin because I'm more used to it. Loving the assassin though. Excluding Space Suicide, I've been teamed with some real dumbases.

Space Suicide
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Really want to try out the siren, but I'm going to wait. Going to try the Gunzerker again (lvl 8). I might just be more biased towards the Assassin because I'm more used to it. Loving the assassin though. Excluding Space Suicide, I've been teamed with some real dumbases.

Haha! We should play co-op again sometime then. I notice the main consensus of people in quick match are rather horrible, wreckless and selfish. I use them as human shields when I've been in quick match (only two times total) when facing huge hordes and bosses. It's good for my health!

I just beat "Bright Lights, Flying City" and damn was it difficult when trying to hold off all the Loaders when the Lunar Beacon is powering up. Then again I did it solo...agh. I love how Sanctuary is in the sky now. Reminds me of Steampunk and even though I'm not a huge fan of the upcoming Bioshock Infinite and its setting.

Oh my God, I love Tiny Tina. She has to be my favorite NPC of all time. She's so cute and witty, with lines like: "Gut like dynamite and an ass like pow!"

The game is quite difficult but I have some really bad ass guns that's making it a bit easier. A shotgun that is like 62x damage that shoots 3 rounds at a time with each reserve. A sniper rifle that dishes out 135 damage and a purple rank launcher I got from Mamaril that has firepower damage that equals 1035. Fucking powerful shit.

Currently rocking a level 16 Assassin now.

darktemplar007
09-21-2012, 12:40 AM
I love the Siren so far, I spec her for heals and rez when I'm playing with buddies, and then use the left tree (forgot the name, the one with the pull in it) for soloing. I got a sweet shotgun that fires flaming mortar shells instead of bullets, it's hilarious and awesome.

I think I hit 15 today, been waiting for some free time to play it, and I've been getting distracted with Torchlight 2 out today. Two loot based awesome sequels in one week? fuuuck.

kdrcraig
09-21-2012, 07:00 AM
The slot machines at Moxxi's in Sanctuary are the shit. Spent some time last night doing them with a couple friends and got all kinds of awesome gear. One assault rifle that does 342 explosion damage but isn't auto and is scoped and another that does like 280 explosion and it's auto iron sights, a sniper rifle that does 180 fire damage, an awesome shotgun I can't remember the damage on and a bunch of other shit that I sold to get more money to gamble. It's by far all the best gear I've found. Any gear I got from missions we went out and did was nowhere near as good. The slots also give you shitloads of eridium, got well over 100 pieces out of them last night between the 3 of us. Got my back pack and assault rifle ammo maxed out and well on my way to getting my other ammo maxed out. Level 18 commando and just did the mission where you meet Tiny Tina for the first time and do that train mission. Fucking love this game.

Piko
09-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm an idiot. I used my gold key and got two weapons. They were weak, so I sold them. Right after, I realize there's a station where I could've gave it to my gunzerker. So I'm guessing I won't be able to open that chest again?

kdrcraig
09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm an idiot. I used my gold key and got two weapons. They were weak, so I sold them. Right after, I realize there's a station where I could've gave it to my gunzerker. So I'm guessing I won't be able to open that chest again?

I'm not sure if each character gets to use each golden key but from what I'm hearing it's sounds like they're a one time use, I haven't used any of mine yet. You can get another one if you sign up on the gearbox shift website, if you haven't done that already.

Piko
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I'm going to have to do that when I get home. So pissed off at myself. Kinda crazy that they give you keys that are absolutely non-replaceable. But I'll sign up and get the other key.

NIN64
09-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Just saw on the Gearbox forums that the gunzerker has the ammo regen mods, not the commando. God damn it. I wanted to start with the gunzerker but didn't because I figured the commando would have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first one. I started a gunzerker last night and got him up to level 3 before I went back to playing with my friends where we're all level 15. Guess I'll just keep using that one for when I play solo but I wanted the ammo regen for playing with friends cause we're blasting so much shit.
Commando does have shields that have a chance to absorb gunfire into your clip. Working as good for me for now...

xmd 5a
09-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Accidentally wasted my Golden Key early too :/ Was hoping to wait until endgame to use it, but stupidly opened the chest thinking it was a standard loot chest. I got 2 fairly decent level 10 Grenade Mods, but was really hoping to get some awesome guns once I hit 50 or something. I'll have to try the Shift thing to see if I can get another that way.

Level 14 at the moment - currently doing sidequests for Lilith after her story mission. So glad to see her with such a great role in this game.

Space Suicide
09-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I wasted both of my Keys already. The one from premiere Club and the one from Shift. Looks like I'm SOL. :o

I got two purple ranked guns thus far, an SMG and a Launcher. Need to fill every other area in my loadout with Purple for that achievement and to kick more ass.

Piko
09-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I got the shift code key. I'm going to sit on that one for awhile...

Space Suicide
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Don't know why they give you expendable DLC items that don't work on multiple playthroughs with no warning. Oh well.

kdrcraig
09-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Good lord some of the last missions in the story are a bitch and take forever. The one mission we did last night took over two hours, this game just keeps throwing enemies at you. Those Buzzards can fuck off, so god damn annoying. Just have the very last story mission to do tonight and then it's on to play through 2.

darktemplar007
09-24-2012, 08:27 AM
I love being a healer. Standing back and sniping as a Siren with the shooty heal bullets is a blast to shoot my team mates when they are low, and Res is one of the best skills ever. I see someone go down and just hop up and throw my skill at them. I've never liked healer classes in games before, but this one gets it so right.

october_midnight
09-24-2012, 09:00 AM
I think I'm about half-ish way through the storyline, but I'm also spending a lot of time just cruising around working on challenges and exploring. I've also done every single side mission since the dialogue is usually pretty funny. The double rainbow and Donkey Mong references were pretty funny.

Space Suicide
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Kinda been on halt playing this the past few days and played a few other recent games I got. Also playing Resident Evil 5 to gear up for 6.

Piko
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Been slacking off since I got Fifa 13. And I wandered over to MGS3 (stuck at The Fury). Probably pick it back up today.

kdrcraig
09-24-2012, 09:40 AM
One thing I'm finding pretty weird about this game is that the enemies don't drop guns anywhere near as often as they did in the first game. And I've yet to see one decent gun get dropped by an enemy that wasn't a boss or a mini-boss.

Piko
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
They do. Maybe not as much, but they do. The Badasses certainly do.

kdrcraig
09-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes they do, but in the first game if an enemy was shooting you with some crazy weapon odds were when you killed him he would drop it and you could go check it out. They just seem to barely ever drop weapons. Money, shields and grenades all the time but not many weapons. It's a minor gripe, the game is fantastic, but I'm a little disappointed with the enemy drops in this one.

sentient02970
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Good observation, also (I'm currently going through Borderlands) they also drop a relevant shield or grenade perk based on type of enemy.

october_midnight
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
As an FYI, Randy has been giving away 360/PS3 golden key codes like a maniac for the past few days. I now have 4 keys.

As an example, each of these codes can be redeemed ten thousand times:

X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB

Just sayin'...

kdrcraig
09-25-2012, 07:04 AM
^ That's awesome, I think I have 3 keys and haven't used any of them yet. Edit: A couple of my friends just tried entering that code and it said it's already been redeemed.

Beat the game last night, last boss took like 20-30 minutes with two of us. Leveled up to 30 after the fight. My game got all fucked up after it though, instead of seeing the last cut scene I was just looking at a generic view of Pandora and then when I got back into the game all the colors of everything were all fucked up and I couldn't see any of the loot that got dropped. My buddy I was playing with could see everything fine so he was able to pick up all the good shit. Went back to Sanctuary and the colors were back to normal but I couldn't see any stuff like vending machines, could still use them but couldn't see them. Went back to the dashboard and back into the game and everything was fixed. Sucked though cause I wanted to see the final cut scene, guess I'll have to wait for playthrough 2 or youtube it.

october_midnight
09-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Did your friends try entering it from the in-game menu --> Extras --> Shift and then the X button to enter a code? Simply because I was able to score one 3 hours after he posted it, and last night at about 7pm PST my friend Jonny was still able to get one as well. Not sure when your friends tried, just sayin'...he'll post more no doubt. They're trying to put the Shift code system through the ringer to test its stability.

kdrcraig
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Did your friends try entering it from the in-game menu --> Extras --> Shift and then the X button to enter a code? Simply because I was able to score one 3 hours after he posted it, and last night at about 7pm PST my friend Jonny was still able to get one as well. Not sure when your friends tried, just sayin'...he'll post more no doubt. They're trying to put the Shift code system through the ringer to test its stability.

Yeah they did it in-game. I didn't realize the code was from yesterday and they just tried it this morning so it makes sense that the code was used up. I'm gonna keep an eye on his twitter from now on for more codes.

Space Suicide
09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Playing through the game with matchmaking co-op and fucking shit this is hard. These loaders are such bullet wasters. Ugh.

Just finished "The Man Who Would Be Jack" mission.

Thanks for the code heads up, october. I got another key! Huzzah!

Zimbo
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm only like 9 hours in but I am very much enjoying this game. I only put in like 25 hours into the first one but it made me dizzy and there was something missing (most of the time I put into it I put in last week). Regardless, I decided to get the second one for the PC and am loving this game SO much more. The accuracy of the mouse is phenomenally important in this game. I don't really have anyone on PC to play with (did not really play the console with anyone either) but I think this second one works better for those of us who are soloing. I started favoring sniper in #1 so I went with Zer0 in #2. The more I play, the more I think Zer0 is one of the best classes to play while soloing, Axton perhaps has an edge but I played the turret guy in the first game. The sniping is phenomenal and the overall level design really allows for snipers to feel like they are not just "cheating" by being way out in the back. The gun drops really help but what I feel is even better are the ammo drops. I don't feel as frustrated with empty ammo clips anymore, though I do run out of sniper ammo every now and again.

On level design, I am just blown away. The sense of awe and wonder is still there but it feels more tangible. Something is just better. ​The snow levels are a great change-up too (never ran into snow in my brief playthrough of #1). This game very much feels like Uncharcter 2 or Empire Strikes Back. The darker tone, with the player not having to be briefed on the stakes, really allows for some fantastic storytelling. I'm also a HUGE fan of Anthony Burch and his writing is fantastic throughout.

october_midnight
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Managed to score one of the 1,000 codes today for 5 golden keys...noice.

xmd 5a
09-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I had Twitter open and was ready to quit to SHiFT as soon as I saw the codes pop up, but I was too wrapped up in playing the game and missed out. They all disappeared within 14 minutes :/

Not going to miss out this time. Got the SHiFT entry screen ready and keeping my eyes as glued to Twitter as possible for the second round.

october_midnight
09-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Whew, managed to score one of the 5 key codes...they were gone within seconds holy shit.

xmd 5a
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
So pissed off... Typed the 360 code out in like 10 seconds of it being released but my SHiFT connection timed out or something when I hit submit. By the time I typed it back out they were all gone. :/

Space Suicide
09-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Whew, managed to score one of the 5 key codes...they were gone within seconds holy shit.

Yeah that's fucking goddamn bullshit. I wasn't even 30 seconds after it posted when I typed it and it said Invalid. Fuck off (not you just the vultures of this crap).

He said a massive code redemption this weekend. We'll see.

kdrcraig
09-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Is anyone else having this game glitch out on them? I've had it happen twice now where I either can't even see loot in chests/laying on the ground or just can't pick anything up. Last night I also couldn't equip/swap weapons in my damn inventory. The other time it happened quitting out to the menu and coming back in fixed it, I was pretty much done playing last night anyway so I just gave up but it's pissing me off. I've been playing with the same person both times it's happened and it didn't happen to them.

Space Suicide
09-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Is anyone else having this game glitch out on them? I've had it happen twice now where I either can't even see loot in chests/laying on the ground or just can't pick anything up. Last night I also couldn't equip/swap weapons in my damn inventory. The other time it happened quitting out to the menu and coming back in fixed it, I was pretty much done playing last night anyway so I just gave up but it's pissing me off. I've been playing with the same person both times it's happened and it didn't happen to them.

I have not. What are you playing on, 360?

kdrcraig
09-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah 360. The first time it happened was after we beat the final boss, I couldn't see any of the loot on the ground and the colors of the level were all fucked up. I have the game installed to my hard drive, it happening once didn't seem like that big of a deal but if it's going to happen all the time that's pretty shitty.

october_midnight
09-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Just beat the main storyline at about halfway to level 34. Gonna try to get to level 50 before Dishonored drops on the 9th, and thinking of using one or two of the golden keys sooner than later...not much of a point to get to max 50 and then use them only to get guns that I don't even really like to fight bosses that won't give any more xp anyways.

kdrcraig
09-28-2012, 07:36 AM

So the loot not appearing happened again last night along with a new glitch, I couldn't see any of the damn enemies. Do you think clearing the system cache on my 360 would help this at all? I've never done that before and not real clear on what it does.

twilight explosion
09-29-2012, 02:53 AM
borderlands 2 game of the year. fuck mass effect

october_midnight
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Just a heads up, they're giving golden keys out like crazy now, I got 2 yesterday and another went up 30 min ago and is good for another 90 minutes.

Currently level 37 so had to use a key just to see what'd happen. Got a rocket launcher that does over 29000 damage. Four hits and a boss (even now in Vault Hunter mode) is finished.

Piko
09-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Just a heads up, they're giving golden keys out like crazy now, I got 2 yesterday and another went up 30 min ago and is good for another 90 minutes.

Currently level 37 so had to use a key just to see what'd happen. Got a rocket launcher that does over 29000 damage. Four hits and a boss (even now in Vault Hunter mode) is finished.

Edit: nm. Googled it.

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah and yet I have not gotten a code besides the first you posted. I wasn't home and missed the last code and ones previous I was unlucky to get them to work for me.

Then there's people like you, october, that have gotten loads. Just is massively terrible.

I HATE my luck.

I haven't even beaten this game yet. Find myself playing other stuff here and there.

october_midnight
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Edit: nm. Googled it.

Oh yeah shit I guess I could've said where to get them, duh. My bad.

@duvalmagic on Twitter for anyone else.

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I unlocked a new skin and damn is it awesome. It's white and purple and it's got the corresponding locations for matching my fave Dragonball Z character Frieza. It's rather excellent. Gonna keep it that forever now.

kdrcraig
10-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Finally was able to get one of the codes from Twitter. Put me up to 3 golden keys so I used one yesterday at level 37, got two pretty bad ass SMGs.

Ruined
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
New codes put up 47 minutes ago:
WinPC: KJK33-XFZ6H-F3BBT-3BBJJ-WTXR6 -PS3: KTKJT-Z3K9B-FS35T-S35T3-BBKXC -X360: CT5BT-6BCKX-B6F3X-KXTTB-WXHH5

october_midnight
10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Even more codes, these good for another 2 hours (until 6pm PST)

WinPC: 5TW33-SRZFH-63J33-BJ3TJ-FXF9F
PS3: KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6
X360: KTKJT-Z3K5F-BR63X-K63T3-BBK66

Space Suicide
10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Why don't they just upload 5 Golden Key codes for a 4 hour interval instead of these random ass times where some can't get them. Would be easier methinks.

october_midnight
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
They're testing it at different times for different continents to test stress load. Plus, it's them just giving free shit away. Should see the shit Randy is getting flung at him on Twitter by morons who feel entitled to the world.

xmd 5a
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I've been nabbing all of the 2 hour codes I can get, hoping to grab some purple Class Mods and/or Relics to get the all slots purple achievement. No such luck thus far...

october_midnight
10-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Fuck man, a purple relic is all I need for that achievement lol. Vault Hunter Mode gets you purple and higher class mods like a motherfucker, but relics are rare as fuck apparently.

xmd 5a
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm swimming in so many purple grenade mods it's not funny. Sucks, because I rarely ever use grenades. Phaselock + Corrosive Ammo SMG + Explosive Ammo Shotgun + Phoenix ability + Spike Shield is really enough killing power, let alone the 5 or so overpowered rocket launchers I've got sitting around.

Space Suicide
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Fuck man, a purple relic is all I need for that achievement lol. Vault Hunter Mode gets you purple and higher class mods like a motherfucker, but relics are rare as fuck apparently.

Same for me!

darktemplar007
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
All my gold chest opens have given me shields. Granted the one I stuck with was from it, it replenishes in a second (literally) and was better than my previous one. I also got an Orange rapid fire pistol from the slot machine, it has unlimited ammo, corrosive damage, and shoots really fast; it's now my main weapon.

NotoriousTIMP
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Not sure if it's been discussed here already or not, but did anyone else notice the music that gets played out in Friendship Gulag sounds a lot like the opening to TPD?

october_midnight
10-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Just hit level 50...now gotta grind out to see if I can rock some more achievements before Dishonored drops on Tuesday. Terramorphous, here I come!

Piko
10-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Damn. Dishonored is next week!? Damn!

kdrcraig
10-05-2012, 03:28 PM
They're releasing a bunch of shift codes for golden keys through the Gearbox twitter account this weekend: Today at 6 pm and 11 pm CT, tomorrow at 5 am, 11 am and 3 pm CT

october_midnight
10-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Well shit, I burned through three golden keys before work and ended up with a pistol I love sure...but that's about it. Got a rocket launcher that does 90,000+ damage, but the one in my backpack is already over 100,000. I've heard of people getting purple relics...still need one for the achievement. Hope I can get one from the Warrior the 2nd time around...if not, anyone wanna get together to rock Terramorphous? Probably get some sick ass loot. I'm actually off work tomorrow, so other than getting my car maintenance done, I should be on during the day for a while...

Space Suicide
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm a lousy level 26 and haven't beat the main game but I'm down to try.

october_midnight
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
The quest opens after you beat the last boss of the main storyline so I still have to zip through it the 2nd time, but I'm just gonna skip the remaining side quests so if you're on and I can blast through the story quick I'll hit you up.

Space Suicide
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
The quest opens after you beat the last boss of the main storyline so I still have to zip through it the 2nd time, but I'm just gonna skip the remaining side quests so if you're on and I can blast through the story quick I'll hit you up.

Fine by me. I have some pretty decent guns and I am rather handy at being on my feet at all times. I have a launcher that does a lot of damage, a 3 shot explosive round shotgun, Moxxi's flame pistol, a 1000 + damage sniper, a corrosive smg, purple grenade mod, purple shield that has supernova abilities that blast at like 1500 + damage to name a few things. Most of my stuff is purple and significantly powerful.

I just beat Toil and Trouble.

Ruined
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Well shit, I burned through three golden keys before work and ended up with a pistol I love sure...but that's about it. Got a rocket launcher that does 90,000+ damage, but the one in my backpack is already over 100,000. I've heard of people getting purple relics...still need one for the achievement. Hope I can get one from the Warrior the 2nd time around...if not, anyone wanna get together to rock Terramorphous? Probably get some sick ass loot. I'm actually off work tomorrow, so other than getting my car maintenance done, I should be on during the day for a while...

What platform? If PS3, I'm down for some Terramorphous. I'm level 42 and already went through it with a friend. Orange items galore! In addition to his drops, look for the two chests before you leave. The items are unreal!

october_midnight
10-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Gah, I'm on 360. Easy fix though, just buy a 360 tonight and add my gamertag some point before tomorrow lol.

Ruined
10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Gah, I'm on 360. Easy fix though, just buy a 360 tonight and add my gamertag some point before tomorrow lol.

Done! *Goes to bank account to withdraw his imaginary funds*

Ruined
10-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Gearbox tweeted this weekend's key code schedule. One set just got posted via Gearbox's twitter feed. Here's the schedule: That's it for this round! We'll be posting additional SHiFT codes at 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT.

Space Suicide
10-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Mechromancer to hit October 16th obviously. 800 MSP or $9.99 depending on system but if you are a Premiere Club Member she will be free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijs-FEk3OIk&feature=player_embedded

Piko
10-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Gearbox tweeted this weekend's key code schedule. One set just got posted via Gearbox's twitter feed. Here's the schedule: That's it for this round! We'll be posting additional SHiFT codes at 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT.

Man... I really don't want to start a twitter, heh.

Space Suicide
10-06-2012, 10:31 AM

I'll just PM you the codes I am able to get?

NotoriousTIMP
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Could you PM me the codes too?! :D

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Could you PM me the codes too?! :D

Codes from yesterday are invalid now. If I am around and see them and on good ol' ETS I might do so if you want.

Piko
10-07-2012, 11:45 AM
So a random guy on my squad, yesterday, gives me 2,000,000 and a bad ass rifle. All I could say is "damn". Safe to say I'm set money wise for my second playthrough.

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 12:44 PM
So a random guy on my squad, yesterday, gives me 2,000,000 and a bad ass rifle. All I could say is "damn". Safe to say I'm set money wise for my second playthrough.

The fuck? I never encounter nice people.

Piko
10-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I came across a few in the first game as well. Usually gave me these insane mods and shields. I'm not complaining, heh. My question, though, is how the hell did this guy have 2,000,000 to just give away? Thankful he gave it to me, but still.

october_midnight
10-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Tried to solo the VHM Terramorphous today. Got my ass handed to me royally lol. Think I'll have to find a group, tried farming for The Bee shield but the Hunter Helquist dude never respawns and didn't give it up when I killed him...

NotoriousTIMP
10-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Do you guys know about the money glitch?

You hand over all of your money to a friend and then log out of XBL without saving the game. When you log back in you will still have all of your money and your friend will still have what you gave him. This wrks with weapons too.....

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Do you guys know about the money glitch?

You hand over all of your money to a friend and then log out of XBL without saving the game. When you log back in you will still have all of your money and your friend will still have what you gave him. This wrks with weapons too.....

Nope did not.

The only way I ever acquired a lot of money with others is when two of the guys I was with kept playing Moxxi's Slot machines. it gacve me the money they won. I accumulated well over 15,000 with them playing.

october_midnight
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah I heard about that, really time consuming though, and just wait until you get to Vault Hunter Mode...every yellow cash loot is worth like $200-$500...everything goes up so you rake it in. I hit 3 million yesterday.

And I finally beat Terramorphous...what a bitch that was, and he only dropped one orange item, a Siren relic! Weak. Oh well, achievement and all that, but still...weak lol.

NotoriousTIMP
10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
If you guys want, hit me up on XBL. I have the max amount of money and I'd be more than happy to help you out :)

XBL gamer tag: NotoriousTIMP

october_midnight
10-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Shit son, add me: octobermidnight

Not sure I'll be playin' much until the DLC drops with Dishonored coming out on Tuesday, but if you need help or ever wanna raid Terramorphous, I'm down.

NotoriousTIMP
10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm only a level 19 so I've got a ways to go. I'll add you tonight though, my buddy Patrick just best the Jack and now is power leveling the rest of us :)

xmd 5a
10-07-2012, 05:30 PM

You don't need to have a Twitter account (I don't have one) to see the Tweets.

https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware

Still haven't finished my first playthrough yet because real life has got in the way (buying a house, getting ready for the move, work, etc). Level 31 Siren, currently on the Toil and Trouble main quest.

Also, I think I've found my favourite gun in the game so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_KiNEiIM4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_KiNEiIM4)
Mine is 113 damage and Slags enemies. The 3000% thing is supposed to be a "fib" but I seem to do 2k-4k quite reliably with it. I've been tearing through everything with it and never run out of ammo. OP much?

october_midnight
10-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Dude that sounds exactly like my life haha, except my wife and I bought a condo, not a house (I live in Vancouver and a house is like seven figures out here)...how much of a pain in the ass is buying a place and moving? Ugh lol...

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Beat the main story missions today. Ziiiiiiiing.

kdrcraig
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Well I think all the glitches I was having with this game were because my 360 was getting ready to die. Got the RROD Saturday morning, did the towel trick and it worked for a little while but it was back to being fucked yesterday. Bought a refurbished console off ebay for 70 bucks but it won't be here until Friday, I'm already going through Borderlands withdrawal.

darktemplar007
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Surprise! The Mechromancer is out. (http://www.destructoid.com/borderlands-2-s-mechromancer-dlc-comes-out-today--235428.phtml)

NotoriousTIMP
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Anyone else getting this error on Xbox when you try to DL the compatibility update?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/090B5B29-CA5D-4EB9-95FD-FD1DBB127ED3-30429-00000F368DA46B38.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/446F723D-D65F-4838-9428-5C105CAD41B6-30429-00000F3688A8A2E7.jpg

darktemplar007
10-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah I'm getting it too. According to their twitter it is currently being worked on.

twilight explosion
10-10-2012, 10:14 AM
god damn the mechromancer is SO AWESOME. The kill skill where you increase the duration of deathtrap per kill is so great. anarchy is a crazy skill, too. just try not to go down when at 150 on your stack or you are gonna die horribly.

Piko
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I've been hearing she's very OP.

Space Suicide
10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I downloaded her and started a matchmaking co-op session. Got halfway through first mission and got kicked, needless to say I hate the first missions until you get to Sanctuary and don't wanna replay them anytime soon. But I wish to start a game with her. Eh.

october_midnight
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
First DLC "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty" drops October 16th. Too lazy to post links but you can find pics and whatnot in the usual places.

Space Suicide
10-11-2012, 11:31 AM
First DLC "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty" drops October 16th. Too lazy to post links but you can find pics and whatnot in the usual places.

Fuckin 'A! Already! Awesome!

Piko
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Damn! Way too soon...

kdrcraig
10-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I didn't even get up to level 50 yet, my xbox breaking last weekend didn't help. Should have my replacement tomorrow, looks I'm gonna have to put a lot of time in before next week.

Piko
10-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Haven't even finished the campaign yet. Plus, I've been playing other games. The timing is just bad for me.

NIN64
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
I really hope they raise the Level cap from 50 with this. Seems pointless to play the new missions when my commando is already at max. . .

Space Suicide
10-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Doubt I'll ever hit Level 50. I love this game series and universe but never hit level 50 in the first either. I don't have the time or will to play it that long to do so.

NotoriousTIMP
10-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Doubt I'll ever hit Level 50. I love this game series and universe but never hit level 50 in the first either. I don't have the time or will to play it that long to do so.

This is what I'm facing now too. I'm currently a level 27 and I'm slowly becoming bored with the game :(

Space Suicide
10-14-2012, 02:22 PM
This is what I'm facing now too. I'm currently a level 27 and I'm slowly becoming bored with the game :(

Not boring really, just a really long grind with abysmal XP gains from enemies.

NotoriousTIMP
10-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Maybe we need to make an ETS night where we can all play together. It might bring a new, fun element to the game that I feel is missing. (none of my friends picked this game up due to the first one having such a short shelf life)

Space Suicide
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyone else think Shade in the new DLC sounds and looks like the Warden from SuperJail! because it sure sounds it.

Piko
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
How's the DLC? Might buy the season pass when I get paid.

Space Suicide
10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
How's the DLC? Might buy the season pass when I get paid.

Do it.

Barely done anything in it but I can tell it's gonna be fun.

october_midnight
10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Well, I'd say I'm probably about...halfway through it? Just judging by the looks of how many quests I've already done, and in the main storyline you have to collect 4 items and I'm going after the last one. So far:

1. Getting challenges seems a bit easier...max badass rank for killing worms is like 100 of them or something. Since they pop up in packs of like 5-10 it took nothing to get them all. I'm just shy of 11000 badass now, makes starting a new character get a huge headstart when you have like 8% boosts all around.

2. The sandskiffs handle a lot better than any other vehicle.

3. I beat a boss, and his chest contained not one, but three purple relics lol. So that achievement's finally out of the way. For fun I tried one of them out anyways, 144% improved last stand lol. So basically if you go down, you can still move around as fast as normal and aim almost perfectly. Kinda overpowered but I still use the 5% chance of better loot relic anyways.

Space Suicide
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, I'd say I'm probably about...halfway through it? Just judging by the looks of how many quests I've already done, and in the main storyline you have to collect 4 items and I'm going after the last one. So far:

1. Getting challenges seems a bit easier...max badass rank for killing worms is like 100 of them or something. Since they pop up in packs of like 5-10 it took nothing to get them all. I'm just shy of 11000 badass now, makes starting a new character get a huge headstart when you have like 8% boosts all around.

2. The sandskiffs handle a lot better than any other vehicle.

3. I beat a boss, and his chest contained not one, but three purple relics lol. So that achievement's finally out of the way. For fun I tried one of them out anyways, 144% improved last stand lol. So basically if you go down, you can still move around as fast as normal and aim almost perfectly. Kinda overpowered but I still use the 5% chance of better loot relic anyways.

Which boss might that be? Only one I've faced thus far is No-Beard.

october_midnight
10-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Sandman...

Space Suicide
10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Sandman...

Next boss I'll face then. I seem to be having some type of error or glitch that the Story Missions in the DLC are no longer popping up when I click back and go to quest index. Am I a special case or is this widespread?

I had them at start but the first side mission I picked up it erased the story mission yet still allowed me to play it when I got to Scarlett.

october_midnight
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Second DLC accidentally leaked: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.

No word on date, but achievements/trophies leaked for it as well.

Space Suicide
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Second DLC accidentally leaked: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.

No word on date, but achievements/trophies leaked for it as well.

Wager for December release.

Piko
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Wager for December release.

The DLC releases are going to (roughly) be about every three months. So December/January is my wager. And march/April and so on.

Space Suicide
10-18-2012, 07:26 PM
The DLC releases are going to (roughly) be about every three months. So December/January is my wager. And march/April and so on.

Whatever they choose to lay out for the schedule they stated June 2013 all content will be out.

Space Suicide
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Finished Captain Scarlett's main story. Not a single aid from anyone. Did it entirely solo. Not too hard but I sure lost over 40k due to respawning.

Killed Donkey Mong today. Ziiiiiing.

october_midnight
10-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah the main storyline was pretty easy actually, did it without even dying. Hope the next DLC is a bit harder in terms of bosses. I've resorted to just trying to find all the locations, side quests, and doing Leviathan runs to accumulate money. Almost at 5 million lol.

kdrcraig
10-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Randy Pitchford has been giving out Shift codes on his twitter again, he did a couple yesterday and has already done 2 today. I'm up to 11 keys, I used one when I was a level 43, gonna save the rest until I hit 50.

Space Suicide
10-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah the main storyline was pretty easy actually, did it without even dying. Hope the next DLC is a bit harder in terms of bosses. I've resorted to just trying to find all the locations, side quests, and doing Leviathan runs to accumulate money. Almost at 5 million lol.

Scarlett's pet was so easy to kill. It took like 60 seconds with my one corrosive assault rifle.

If you want someone to help do quests and shite I'll be up to join. Would love to get both achievements.

xmd 5a
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Finally finished main storyline for the first time (as well as Pirate's Booty). Doing a TVHM run now- want to hit 50 before I look for groups to take on Terramorphous/Hyperius/Master Gee etc. I never managed to have a legitimate fight against Crawmerax in the first game - every group I got into had someone with hacked weapons kill him before I could so much as enter the arena :/ Good for getting powerlevelled, but I want to feel like I'm earning the achievements dammit!

october_midnight
10-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Let me know when you're gonna take on Hyperius. Tried again this morning and he hands me my ass.

Space Suicide
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Let me know when you're gonna take on Hyperius. Tried again this morning and he hands me my ass.

I'll help try even though I am a lowly 32 level Assassin.

kdrcraig
10-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Finally hit level 50 this weekend and started the DLC, not real impressed with it so far but it's still Borderlands so it's fun. The god damn Cursed Pirates are a thorn in my side. A friend and I tried Hyperius a couple times, survived for a whole minute one time! That dude is ridiculous, we couldn't even take out a single one of his minions.

jmtd
10-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Picked up #1 via play station plus. Previously bought on xbox but hated it. Bought on pc last Xmas but never played. Finally clicked. Going to take it slow, then maybe try some dlc. Then maybe sequel.

october_midnight
10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I can solo his minions easy enough, but once the last one falls he grows to about 100 ft. tall and kills me in one shot. :(

october_midnight
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I take that back. Found a pickup group and we leveled him in under a minute. Then an assassin just drops like a dozen orange and seraph/legendary weapons and gear for me and leaves. Holy shit. A shield with 80,000 capacity and now I'm spec'ed like nuts LOL.

Space Suicide
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I played and beat Terramorphous with some friends today. I have some sick Level 50 weapons and shields they gave me too. sad thing is I am only a lowly Level 34. Wishing and wanting to get higher quicker but ugh not so easy or fast.

october_midnight
10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah Terramorphous was easy to solo once I got The Bee. In fact I still use it and my lowly normal Jakobs pistol...dealing out 85-100K per bullet lol. Thinking it may make you a tad OP.