PDA

View Full Version : Pointless live speculation

sheepdean
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
On the Radio 1 interview, Trent reiterated a maybe of HTDA live in 2012.

So, on a medical level, what organs can I sell and still live?

waffel
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
On the Radio 1 interview, Trent reiterated a maybe of HTDA live in 2012.

So, on a medical level, what organs can I sell and still live?
I think you can get away with living with 3/4 or 2/3 of your liver,a kidney of course or maybe you can donate some bone marrow.

All kidding aside, hopefully they tour outside of LA, I imagine they'll hit up NY, Chicago and the like. Which means I might consider fasting in order to get funds to go. Though I'm curious who they would recruit/need to bring this stuff to life.
There's 3 already, so maybe just a drummer or something?

MAD
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah, come to Europe. I mean, there are a bunch of awesome places your wife has to see. Hey, you know what TR, come crash on my couch and I'll show you some cool venues around, feel free to pick your favorite.

sheepdean
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
He could come see the London Olympics!

dominik
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I think this will be like the live versions of Me, I'm not, Vessel, etc. So maybe Trent/Atticus on synths and Mariqueen singing and doing additional synths. Hopefully better than that bitch from Crystal Castles.

Jon
12-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I would be happy to babysit for awhile so there can be an extended tour! there's 2 other kids to play with over here

NIN64
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I think this will be like the live versions of Me, I'm not, Vessel, etc. So maybe Trent/Atticus on synths and Mariqueen singing and doing additional synths. Hopefully better than that bitch from Crystal Castles.

What exactly if so bad about "that bitch from Crystal Castles"?

dominik
12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
What exactly if so bad about "that bitch from Crystal Castles"?

Well, she can't sing and sounds like a pig? But don't get me wrong, they are good live.

somewhat_
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Probably play Coachella and plan dates around that festival?

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I think Coachella and similar fests are probably likely, gets them big exposure, but small gigs always are better than big imo, so I hope they play some intimate shows to be bootlegged

sick among the pure
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
The idea of HTDA touring in 2012, when Trent ALSO said he's going to spend most of 2012 writing new NIN, makes me think two things. Either a) some of the new NIN album is going to be written YZ style, on the road, and just mixing after the tour (or more likely b) a very short, small, not too many venue tour, to be able to test the waters (in regards to how well it will work, as well as the demand for HTDA vs what he's used to for NIN) as well as have time to put into the new NIN album, since he said it's not going to be a quick one again, rather he's going to take his time and put a lot into it like he used to.
That was probably the longest sentence I've ever written.

bobbie solo
12-07-2011, 01:36 AM
they def. will not be doing extensive touring. either a short club run, festival appearances, or both. theyre trying to raise a baby, now's not the time to tour the country for 2 months at a time. and its not like they need the $ (well, maybe Atticus does haha).

jrdsctt
12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
and its not like they need the $ (well, maybe atticus does haha).

awwww zinger!

botley
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Possibly this. Especially if the album comes out in the summer.

screwdriver
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I think you can get away with living with 3/4 or 2/3 of your liver,a kidney of course or maybe you can donate some bone marrow.

All kidding aside, hopefully they tour outside of LA, I imagine they'll hit up NY, Chicago and the like. Which means I might consider fasting in order to get funds to go. Though I'm curious who they would recruit/need to bring this stuff to life.
There's 3 already, so maybe just a drummer or something?

that would be the world's most bored drummer

botley
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
They should bring a guitarist at least.

sheepdean
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
They should bring a guitarist at least.
Atticus and Trent?

sick among the pure
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Atticus and Trent?

They should bring Robin because I miss him :(
Oh, and because he's good at stuff.

sheepdean
12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Honestly I'd love to see Lohner come back - although hell, we don't know what the LP sounds like, it could be performed entirely on bagpipes and banjos!

witte
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
No Europe for sure.
For me: a trip to the US should be the next step.
Forget 'a big tour': they have a child.

sheepdean
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I really hope they announce all the dates at once tbh. If I'm going to consider going over the pond to see them, I want to be sure that there's no chance of them coming here first.

screwdriver
12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
don't get me wrong, I'd love it; but based only on the EP (which is all we really have right now), I have no idea how on earth a show could actually be interesting. Its not like there's strong lead vocals (that's not a knock on the singing, its just its pretty background by design), the music is pretty loop and sample based (so there's not much to actually 'play'), and its not especially danceable. maybe the LP will come out and knock all this straight out the window, but as for now, a live show seems sort of ... ehh...then again, this is probably exactly what they said after PHM, so I'll keep an open mind

danebraddy
12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
this is probably exactly what they said after PHM

haha...I started reading your post and thought exactly the same thing - I think when it comes to 'live' HTDA it won't be lame... at least I hope so... the guy has to have a swing and a miss at least once right?

jhulud
12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
If it comes down to it...and it's small tour, which could very well be...if they do dates in Boston, Chicago, or even L.A...I am there. I know the reality of any Florida stops are next to none. Ha!

spahn
12-08-2011, 08:07 AM
@jhulud, we must keep hope alive for a south florida stop! :)

jhulud
12-08-2011, 08:42 AM

I always do...but it seems to end up in disappointment...:(

ItsJustDave
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
haha...I started reading your post and thought exactly the same thing - I think when it comes to 'live' HTDA it won't be lame... at least I hope so... the guy has to have a swing and a miss at least once right?

I'm sure he swings and misses from time to time. Case in point? Tapeworm. The thing is we don't generally see the misses. There's a reason Tapeworm never saw the light of day, he's made that clear. If HTDA does live dates, rest assured that he's already spent the time working out that it's viable.

m0reta
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM

I always do...but it seems to end up in disappointment...:(

Guuuyyyss...there's a better chance for South FL then Central FL. :-D But first to see if they even do anything outside of a few El Lay shows when getting started.

(Some fellow fan told me once that TR liked Orlando while we were in line waiting for 'With Teeth' midnight release - thus the multiple shows back in '95 during the Club Tour which was hard for me to believe as I only heard about/attended one.)

WorzelG
12-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I think touring for HTDA would be easier now with a baby than when the child has to attend school in a few years.
Babies and toddlers are very portable

REPLICA
12-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Taking advantage of the title of this thread - Pointless live speculation!

okay, here goes... I think it would be pretty funny if Saul Williams crashed a HTDA show and started singing Survivalism - Trent would then become enraged and single handedly throw him off stage.

danebraddy
12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
well with baby # 2 apparently weeks away I think an extensive tour can be ruled out :(

ryanmcfly
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Hopefully, if it happens, they come to Dallas. :)

AgentofChaos
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Dreamy HTDA Live Lineup

Vocals Mariqueen
Keys/2nd Guitar TR
Programming Atticus
Bass Jeordie
Guitar Dave Navarro

Honorable mention to Aaron North as a candidate. Robin should be the live NIN guitarist until the end of time but North isn't up to much these days and I think he would compliment better the droney nature of the music. Jeordie was out at the DT premiere so obviously he's still in the inner circle. While Dave is likely busy with Jane's stuff, he would be an amazing addition to the project.

I still maintain HTDA would be a great opening act/co-headline for Maynard's Puscifer show. Watching TR go off on the keyboard while MQ wails away? They would be the perfect compliment to Maynard's drinking wine appreciate art vibe, Carina Round not withstanding.

sheepdean
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
You know Atticus plays bass?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lspydfF5sV1qgveqyo1_500.jpg

GoodSoldier333
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
We need to start up a petition to get both Sonoio and Big Black Delta to support HTDA on tour. yes.

jessamineny
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't hold our breaths for a "tour" of any sort since they'll have a toddler and a baby now. Perhaps a handful of appearances at festivals, especially on the West Coast.

gorast
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
You know Atticus plays bass?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lspydfF5sV1qgveqyo1_500.jpg
Atticus was credited as the bassist for the EP/band overall in addition to the programming stuff too, wasn't he?

sheepdean
12-13-2011, 07:18 PM
The liner notes don't give instrumentation details, but in one of the HTDA promos, he's playing bass. I think it's safe to say he's bassist/programmer/synth for the band, Trent is synth/guitar/synth/piano/synth and Q is keyboards/swarmatron/vocals.
Which means either drum machines, or live band will need at least one more person.

AgentofChaos
12-14-2011, 05:53 AM
I have full confidence in Atticus' bass playing abilities, however I figured bringing in a full time bassist would free him up to do other things. I mean a lot of the songs are bass heavy, so I don't see how he going to be triggering a ton of effects, drums, and sythns and such while being completely focused on the riffs. Just didn't want to overload him, but I didn't think about Q being able to do a ton of that stuff while singing though, so that might ease his load a bit and make it more manageable.

Huge second to the SONOIO opening act.

icklekitty
12-14-2011, 06:08 AM
The liner notes don't give instrumentation details, but in one of the HTDA promos, he's playing bass. I think it's safe to say he's bassist/programmer/synth for the band, Trent is synth/guitar/synth/piano/synth and Q is keyboards/swarmatron/vocals.
Which means either drum machines, or live band will need at least one more person.

I'm sure Josh Freese has an ad in the Yellow Pages

slave2thewage
12-14-2011, 06:43 AM
I'd quite like to hear Immigrant Song live with Mariqueen on vocals.

somewhat_
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Now that we know HTDA is not playing Bannoroo, that leaves only one major U.S. festival (Lollapalooza). I'm starting to think they might only be doing a few shows around L.A.

Extar
03-17-2012, 10:49 AM
In fantasy world they'd play a support slot for Portishead's 2012 tour.

somewhat_
03-18-2012, 02:33 PM
In fantasy world they'd play a support slot for Portishead's 2012 tour.

I would think Trent would be able to pull in a big enough audience to pull off a HTDA headlining tour.

princessomega
03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
I've been toying around with some band line-ups...just in case a tour would happen.
I keep coming back to the fact that I would LOVE for Danny to come play bass on tour with HTDA.

sheepdean
03-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I've been toying around with some band line-ups...just in case a tour would happen.
I keep coming back to the fact that I would LOVE for Danny to come play bass on tour with HTDA.
You know Atticus is a bassist, yeah?

fillow
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I would LOVE for Danny to come out and do anything valuable at all, instead of producing godawful Underworld soundtracks and bands from said soundtracks.

princessomega
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
You know Atticus is a bassist, yeah?

Oh Gosh yeah I know Atticus plays bass. I think Atticus is full out Amazing, but there seems like there is so much more at he could be doing live.
They also could switch up instruments. Atticus could play around with synths, delays, bass...
oh possiblities are endless.

Danny was just my out there dream idea. teehee

somewhat_
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Trent dropping a hint that he will be playing drums on tour? (probably not, but worth speculation):

@trent_reznor Ilan Rubin's take on the lost art of the drum solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwASFrwkAc (http://t.co/bAgvKFmm) Well done, my friend!

@trent_reznor Reminds me I need to practice more...

theimage13
03-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Probably not is right, but anything's possible. Maybe he's planning on doing the live tracking for the next round of NIN material that he writes?

somewhat_
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
The Lollapalooza lineup is being announced tomorrow. Could HTDA be playing? If not, maybe they plan on touring later in the year, maybe around Voodoo Fest in October?

Beta
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
The Lollapalooza lineup is being announced tomorrow. Could HTDA be playing? If not, maybe they plan on touring later in the year, maybe around Voodoo Fest in October?

do you have any semi-offical source, or is this just some "pointless live speculation" ?

somewhat_
04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
It's just speculation.

butter_hole
04-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Lollapalooza lineup already leaked didn't it?

http://news.stylecaster.com/lollapalooza-2012-band-lineup-possibly-leaked

witte
04-11-2012, 05:55 AM
If HTDA had plans to play live it won't be big festivals. On the other hand, Atticus has a new project, does he have time to tour?
A very short club tour (small venues) in the big cities would be more logical, I think.

ChaseNine
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
^^ NO! :)
That would be hilarious though.

sheepdean
05-30-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.facebook.com/howtodestroyangels/posts/416249218396553

First official confirmation of touring.
On a random comment on facebook that everyone would've missed.
Fuck yeah.

WorzelG
05-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Fingers crossed they reply to the guy as he asked if they are touring England

princessomega
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I guess a "YES" is a good update.
Its far better then a "NO"
UGH this is killing me.....
These sneaky snakes with their hidden agendas. LOL

somewhat_
06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Now that a tour is imminent, let's do some more speculating. My guesses:

The tour will start sometime in the next 3 to 6 months

It will last about a month hitting about 20 U.S. cities; If all goes well musically, financially, and family wise additional touring will be considered (U.S. only)

The live band will consist of a 4th and possibly 5th member to play drums (Josh Freese? Illan Rubin?) and/or bass/syth (JMJ?)

They will play tracks from Ghosts I-IV, The Social Network, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; they won't play any additional NIN tracks

The setlist will not change much from night to night

What does everyone else think?

fillow
06-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure none of past NIN live members will be there just for the sake of distinguishing two bands and not giving people false expectations of hearing NIN songs performed by HDTA.

sheepdean
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Now that a tour is imminent, let's do some more speculating. My guesses:

The tour will start sometime in the next 3 to 6 months

It will last about a month hitting about 20 U.S. cities; If all goes well musically, financially, and family wise additional touring will be considered (U.S. only)

The live band will consist of a 4th and possibly 5th member to play drums (Josh Freese? Illan Rubin?) and/or bass/syth (JMJ?)

They will play tracks from Ghosts I-IV, The Social Network, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; they won't play any additional NIN tracks

The setlist will not change much from night to night

What does everyone else think?Tour will probably be bigger than just 20 cities, they might hit a few states more than once. I doubt they'll have a live drummer though, unless the LP has a totally new direction - a drum machine can handle all of that, or a decent synth player.
I hope the live shows will have some kind of projection for visuals, nothing on the scale of LITS, but Rob is so fucking good at that shit.

As for anything by NIN, I really doubt it, even Ghosts. Although I'll pay to fly over there if they play La Mer with vocals, or Illum Tangendo

gorast
06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I think if they were to play any live NIN (which they won't, of course), it'd only be stuff that Mariqueen can sing, like, as sheepdean said, La Mer with vocals or A Warm Place (illum tangendo), maybe some instrumental stuff. But Trent seems really adamant about distinguishing the two, so I doubt we'll hear any NIN from them.

princessomega
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
As much as I LOVE NIN live, I am really excited to see TR doing something comepletely different.
Sonically I am hoping that they took a daring leap into something else entirely.
I cant wait for it to go off.

witte
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Again, I hope somewhere fall/spring (next year). Gives me some time to arrange a trip (because of family and work).
I guess it'll be a small club tour in big US cities.

Speculation.
Maybe a double program tour: HTDA + ........ (just like he did with nin/ja)
Maybe easier to arrange a tour and promote this new band
;) Just a thought.

REPLICA
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Speculation.
Maybe a double program tour: HTDA + ........ (just like he did with nin/ja)
Maybe easier to arrange a tour and promote this new band
;) Just a thought.

Yeah, it could be - HTD-A-CDC!

somewhat_
08-07-2012, 06:23 PM
The fact that HTDA is not on the lineup for Moogfest or Voodoo fest makes me believe they won't be touring this year.

Beta
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
in october THE BUG (who tweeted this: https://twitter.com/thebugzoo/statuses/135046732626132994) plays at a festival in the city i live in. he also curates a night. maybe he invites HTDA? ;) at least i will be able to talk to him maybe ;)

sheepdean
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I've been tracking Bug's interviews for ages, he hasn't mentioned them ONCE :(. He's probably been asked not to, but still

FernandoDante
08-10-2012, 12:40 AM
The album seems far away, and there's been no news regarding it in a while. Therefore, the album thread was locked.

Whenever touring happens, it will be after the album. By the same logic, this thread can also be locked.

Personally, I wouldn't lock any of them. Speculating/whining is what the fans have got right now.

sheepdean
08-10-2012, 08:09 AM
The album seems far away, and there's been no news regarding it in a while. Therefore, the album thread was locked.

Whenever touring happens, it will be after the album. By the same logic, this thread can also be locked.

Personally, I wouldn't lock any of them. Speculating/whining is what the fans have got right now.This is "pointless live speculation" - it exists solely because we have no idea if/when/where they will ever tour

NIN64
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
At this point maybe we need a "pointless album speculation" thread. . .

somewhat_
09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
I will get this thread going again. I'm betting on an early Spring LP release and a U.S. tour starting with Coachella.

ManBurning
09-22-2012, 03:26 AM
I bet they'll do a few live shows around LA in the Fall/Winter around the release of this EP to test the waters first.
I honestly can't see a full fledged 30-40 city tour for this project. I can see maybe him doing a mini west coast and mini east coast tour maybe less than 10 shows, but that's about it.

They'll probably do some spring/summer festivals though, that's always a good starting point for new bands to get their music out to as many people as possible, so I agree they'll probably make an appearance at Cochella and probably Lollapalooza if there is one.

Mutilated
09-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I predict it being incredibly difficult to get tickets. I would love to catch a flight over to America to see 'em - god knows how long it will be before they come over to Europe.

I sense really exciting times ahead, but so many questions right now and.......yeah, so few answers!

spahn
09-22-2012, 07:31 AM
yay! this thread became a little less pointless after trent's announcement yesterday.
i don't foresee tickets becoming too difficult to come across mutilated. most mainstream nin fans are probably not aware of htda or are not interested in htda sound. this will certainly not be an arena tour and actually, im looking forward to this being more of an intimate venue type of tour.

blassster
09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
This may be my dumbest post yet. I'd freak out if they rebuilt this rig for each member to stand on (HTDA instead of Reznor text) during live performance, now that the TR connection is confirmed. I laughed too hard at the idea just now :(

http://www.theninhotline.com/archives/news.images/rhino.png

sukey
09-23-2012, 07:08 AM
I would love to catch a flight over to America to see 'em - god knows how long it will be before they come over to Europe.

Same. Wish I was a fully grown adult with proper income instead of an impoverished student at times like these!

somewhat_
09-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Based on Rob's comment on twitter ("We're viewing this as more of a collective than a band. I'm primarily visuals but it'll make more sense live."), I think you guys might be surprised by how much of the U.S. this tour will cover and they might even tour Europe. I don't think they are coming up with a huge visual concept just so they can play a couple of shows around LA. And lets face it, touring is still a great way for artists to bring in cash. Also, I'm not sure TR was as tired of touring in general as he was tired of playing NIN songs; playing HTDA in a different format might be very exciting to him and the rest of the crew. Plenty of artists figure out ways to tour for half a year when they have kids so I don't see that being an issue like mosts do.

At most, I think they will do two U.S legs and one European leg. At the least, I think they will do one full U.S. leg.

snaapz
09-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Is 3 members enough for a live show? I'd say no, respectfully. Will they use live percussion or will it all be programmed? MQ & TR can handle vocals & synth simultaneously.

I can't imagine how some songs would be played live with only 3 members. I.E. who the hell will play the bass guitar & perc for Fur Lined?

http://youtu.be/p4uX1O6vrLQ

Fur Lined

Outro = Guitar, Bass, Percussion, Synth #1, Synth #2, Vocals

A Drowning

Outro = Guitar, (Bass? Arp?), Percussion, Piano, Synth, Vocals,

Parasite

Outro = Bass, Guitar, Synth #1, Synth #2(?), Vocals TR/MQ, Percussion

The Believers

Percussion, Xylophone, A Stringed instrument (?), Synth, Sound effects/mod, Vocals MQ/TR etc...

In a way, I hope they avoid analog (live) percussion; maybe an electronic kit. But who would be designated drummer?

Either way, for a more live feeling I hope there is a lot of hands on instruments & less programming I hope they pull in a 4th body. Give Rob a shot!

Did I mention that I can play bass, double bass, guitar, piano & synths? I'm good with programming too ;) And plz consider Toronto.

sheepdean
09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Mariqueen can play guitar/synth and of course, lead vocals
Trent is most likely on lead synth/piano duty, backing vocals and sometimes guitar
Atticus is a bassist and probably drum machine, what with his long history in that area
Rob is iPhone5

3 band members is probably not that hard, but if they do bring in another person, it'll be like NIN and they won't be a band member, just someone needed for the live experience.

Unrelated: They should get Claudia Sarne in for a live duet, so it's a) a fully family band and b) two fucking awesome female vocalists.

jrdsctt
09-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't think they will necessarily wait till the LP is out before touring, but I think they will at least wait till the album is announced and a single of sorts is released.

Frozen Beach
09-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope they don't tour with a drum machine, that'd be pretty lame in my opinion. Just get Josh Freese. He's practically a member of every band in existence anyway.

Also, I have a feeling that in the future, probably 10 years down the line, Trent will probably say "Fuck it" and mash both NIN tours and HTDA tours together.

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Also, I have a feeling that in the future, probably 10 years down the line, Trent will probably say "Fuck it" and mash both NIN tours and HTDA tours together.
God I hope not

Frozen Beach
09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
God I hope not
I'm not really saying mash the bands literally together, but maybe have HTDA open, and NIN close, and maybe alternate between nights.

WorzelG
09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
So you're saying at approaching 50 he would want to be in both the opening and headlining band? Madness, he'd be knackered

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I know what you're saying, but you're going to end up with an exhausted Trent for one of the sets, and probably 90% of the ticket sales going to people who only like or know NIN, probably leaving for HTDA's set (Dissonance tour anyone?). Just, no.

Frozen Beach
09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I know what you're saying, but you're going to end up with an exhausted Trent for one of the sets, and probably 90% of the ticket sales going to people who only like or know NIN, probably leaving for HTDA's set (Dissonance tour anyone?). Just, no.
10 years in the future is quite a long time for HTDA to become more well known. Also, I think Trent was to do it that way, he'd simply make it the length of a regular NIN show, but split the difference between the two. I'm only thinking it because I think Trent would find it easier to kill two birds with one stone, rather than dedicating a lot of his time touring two bands separately.

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 03:20 PM
So, Mariqueen and Atticus are meant to tag along to play 45 minute sets? No, that is a bad idea for all involved, HTDA should tour, and, if NIN tours again, NIN can do that in HTDA downtime - during recording etc.

gorast
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
If HTDA really takes off I highly doubt that NIN will tour more than once every five or ten years afterward. Trent's pushing 50, he's in great shape still but there's no need for him to tour two bands separately, and it seems increasingly clear to me that HTDA is his main thing, with NIN being at the back of his mind.

I missed out on seeing NIN tour, but at this point, I'd rather see HTDA. Maybe further on down the line, if/when HTDA becomes really well-known, Trent could slip one or two NIN songs in, most likely instrumentals. But I'd be totally satisfied if he didn't.

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I am totally down with NIN songs being played live by HTDA: two NIN songs. La Mer and A Warm Place (Stella Soleil version).

thelastdisciple
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Hell yeah I'd love to her Q sing on A Warm Place.

bgalbraith
09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see something on the order of the final leg of the Wave Goodbye tour. Small to medium venues in a few key cities, either across the country or maybe up the coast.

fillow
09-26-2012, 04:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see something on the order of the final leg of the Wave Goodbye tour. Small to medium venues in a few key cities, either across the country or maybe up the coast.
And guest star Peter Murphy ruining songs with his vocals

sick among the pure
09-26-2012, 10:53 AM
And guest star Peter Murphy ruining songs with his vocals

http://geeks-and-gears.com/forum/images/smilies/RageFaceBlackSS-96x96.png

But yeah, other than that, sounds like something they'll likely do and something that would be awesome to see.

ryanmcfly
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I would love to see dates in places other than Chicago, LA, and New York.

gorast
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I would love to see dates in places other than Chicago, LA, and New York.
Come to the Southeast, motherfuckers. I'll give all my money to see HTDA live.

sheepdean
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
ITT: "Oh no, HTDA is going to play in my COUNTRY AND CONTINENT"

sick among the pure
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
ITT: "Oh no, HTDA is going to play in my COUNTRY AND CONTINENT"

Are we going to have to have that discussion again? :|

jrdsctt
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I am totally down with NIN songs being played live by HTDA: two NIN songs. La Mer and A Warm Place (Stella Soleil version).

Noob question: Which version is A Warm Place (Stella Soleil version)/where can you find it?

The Reason Being
10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
http://remix.nin.com/

Featured Playlists > Featured > Rare and Unreleased

jessamineny
10-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Noob question: Which version is A Warm Place (Stella Soleil version)/where can you find it?

http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=119

sheepdean
10-28-2012, 12:18 AM
So, HTDA will have 13 tracks when they start touring. I wonder if they'll preview LP tracks if they tour before it comes out, or if they'll do covers, or if it'll just be a short, 1 hour set?

Merriweather
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM

It's also on Bandcamp
http://sistersoleil1.bandcamp.com/track/illum-tangendo-produced-by-trent-reznor

sheepdean
10-28-2012, 04:28 PM
It's also on Bandcamp
http://sistersoleil1.bandcamp.com/track/illum-tangendo-produced-by-trent-reznor
Woah awesome, I didn't know there was a copy in lossless!

gorast
10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd never heard the story behind the track before. That was really interesting to read.

jessamineny
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
I'd never heard the story behind the track before. That was really interesting to read.

Malm was such a goddamn cockblocker.

slave2thewage
10-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Frankly, reading that story on Bandcamp, I just had a mental image of John Malm screaming "TRENT WILL NEVER WORK WITH YOU" into a cellphone while using Trent's ATM card to withdraw shitloads of money.

somewhat_
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
So, HTDA will have 13 tracks when they start touring. I wonder if they'll preview LP tracks if they tour before it comes out, or if they'll do covers, or if it'll just be a short, 1 hour set? 13 tracks? I don't believe they will start touring until the LP comes out which would make it 21(?) tracks if I'm figuring everything correctly. When do we think they will announce tour dates? I'm thinking maybe around the time Coachella lineup is announced, mid January.

sheepdean
11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Are we still clinging to the idea that they'll open with festivals? The sound is simply not festival-friendly, at least not the big ones, I feel the Reznor name and the Oscar subtitle should bring enough people for small venues from the get-go.

And we all know that LP in Spring means LP in Winter anyways

somewhat_
11-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Are we still clinging to the idea that they'll open with festivals? The sound is simply not festival-friendly, at least not the big ones, I feel the Reznor name and the Oscar subtitle should bring enough people for small venues from the get-go.

And we all know that LP in Spring means LP in Winter anyways I'm not sure what the festival-friendly sound is but I'm guessing that tour scheduling/timing could have something to do with why the LP is being so delayed. Do we have any rumored release date? I'm assuming Spring means Spring, it's just a matter of which year? ;)

otnavuskire
11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
In terms of the number of tracks they'll have, even if they start touring before the LP comes out doesn't mean they can't play songs off the LP. I'm sure they'll have plenty of material.

gorast
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Additional covers beyond the Bryan Ferry one are also likely, even if it's just one or two to diversify the setlist.

FULLMETAL
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I just want hda_ to cover Thieves in the Temple or something else unexpected.

FernandoDante
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
So, if you had to guess a date for a debut gig in LA, when would it be? Early February?

witte
12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
English is not my first language, but this I really understood: they're talking about The Soft Moon tour dates, my friend. :)

edit:
ow, the message above mine disappeared ha ha ha
smart...

somewhat_
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
So, when are these tour dates going to appear? They have to be announcing them sometime soon, right?

jessamineny
01-19-2013, 12:39 PM
So, when are these tour dates going to appear? They have to be announcing them sometime soon, right?

Whenever Coachella is announced, they'll be able to announce the rest of their dates. (I assume, and I assume.)

somewhat_
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Whenever Coachella is announced, they'll be able to announce the rest of their dates. (I assume, and I assume.)

Yes, probably safe assumptions. So we should probably know within the next week or two. My guess is they will start with Coachella (mid April), do a quick jaunt around the country and end with Sasquatch (end of May).

witte
01-27-2013, 06:50 AM

Come on, come on, why are they waiting? ;)
Next tuesday starts Coachella's ticket sale. I'm doubting. Desicive for me to make that US trip would be an extra venue gig during that week near or in LA...
Ideal scenario for me: 2 times HTDA and a great festival with a few extra great bands.

somewhat_
01-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Come on, come on, why are they waiting? ;)
Next tuesday starts Coachella's ticket sale. I'm doubting. Desicive for me to make that US trip would be an extra venue gig during that week near or in LA...
Ideal scenario for me: 2 times HTDA and a great festival with a few extra great bands.

I think the radius clause might rule out an LA date around that time frame. If you can make it to San Francisco or Las Vegas, those would be the most likely cities for shows around April 12/April 19.

sheepdean
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Q posted on her facebook that she'll be posting rehearsal pics on her instragram ~soon~

slave2thewage
01-30-2013, 01:14 AM
I'd delve into the "US NIN Fund" for this but I've this sneaking suspicion that this gig I have to play is around then. I dunno, I guess I'll do a swing-pop cover of The loop closes or something to make up for not going.

FULLMETAL
02-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Looks like the Sasquatch Festival released their lineup for this year and I don't see any mention of HTDA_ on the bill.

heroicraptor
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Looks like it's not so pointless.

october_midnight
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
From TR's Twitter: HTDA will be playing a limited number of intimate shows in addition to Coachella. We'll announce these next week with ticketing info.

Presideo
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Of course, they will likely only be L.A venues :(

spahn
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Presideo, most likely, unfortunately. chances of a south florida date seems slim and none right about now.

gorast
02-08-2013, 03:11 PM
@Presideo (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=186), most likely, unfortunately. chances of a south florida date seems slim and none right about now.
Amen to that. Come to Florida, you bastards.

Conan The Barbarian
02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
anything south florida is unlikely to happen. Our promoters suck so much fucking ass down here.

richardp
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I feel like there could potentially be a Chicago date. I could see the dates looking like the Wave Goodbye tour and just doing LA, NY, and Chicago.

gorny540
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
If I was to guess it'd be like LA for sure San Fran and maybe some other West Coast. Hoping bad for NYC but not holding my breath

jessamineny
02-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Seems odd to me, after all the emphasis on Rob as a fourth member, and his comments about how his role would become more clear in live shows... to think that there will only be (what sounds like) a handful of club shows. I wonder if this is a test run, sort of like how they scheduled With Teeth clubs shows to partly see what the demand would be like.

Deadpool
02-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Well, I don't think there's a lot of concrete evidence that HTDA won't do more than Coachella and a few intimate shows. A lot of the NIN live talk is still very speculative, is it not? I could definitely see the inverse of the Wave Goodbye tour for Destroy Angels' live schedule: start with small club gigs and work up to a much more thorough national tour that focuses on bigger, arena-like venues.

That national tour could even end up being a NIN headline tour with HTDA opening (if it isn't too bold to say). That being said, I really do hope HTDA play a decent amount of shows as the headliner since I think they deserve it. As awesome as it would be, I can't help but think a NIN tour in 2013 would undermine How To Destroy Angels - this being the year of their live debut and first LP. I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm very much hoping for an NYC show being announced next week!

somewhat_
02-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I guess this will rule out a Detroit show. The best I can hope for is Chicago.

Although I was starting to believe HTDA would only play Coachella and then open for NIN later in they year, the fact that these will be a limited number of shows (warm up shows?) only adds to my speculation HTDA will be opening for that other band late in the summer.

Edit: Also, there won't be an LA show for the dates being announced next week unless Coachella didn't make HTDA sign the radius clause.

Presideo
02-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I wonder if this is a test run, sort of like how they scheduled With Teeth clubs shows to partly see what the demand would be like.
Agreed. They've also never worked with each other on stage together so there will likely be some kinks needed to be worked out before they plan anything major. Also, I'm sure Trent's gotta be apprehensive about doing any major touring. The whole reason he stopped touring with NIN was because he lost the love/mystique of performing live on a constant basis.

WorzelG
02-09-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm probably being hopelessly optimistic here thinking about a London show - but when everyone started mentioning the With Teeth shows, NIN came out to play the Astoria in London before most of the US and it was a select 2 dates then back to America, hmm, I think it is possible though unlikely. Also since they've made an effort to be more international with a record label, seems like a wasted opportunity to then just play a few shows in the US

nufan
02-09-2013, 04:41 AM
I think the two early London shows in 2005 were to make up for the Lost Weekend debacle. But hey you never know, fingers crossed!

witte
02-09-2013, 09:44 AM
high blood pressure...

jhulud
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
anything south florida is unlikely to happen. Our promoters suck so much fucking ass down here.

I feel your pain on that one. I'd hope for shows here, but reality will dictate that probably not. So that means make travel plans.

Mutilated
02-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for London, but in reality I can't see it happening. I would consider flying over the east coast of America if the venue was nice and small. Wouldn't be interested in a Coachella festival type thing. Lets see what happens!

Deepvoid
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for any Canadian date either. Who knows ...

Canuckle
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Knowing the Toronto NIN community and how they respond to anything TR related, along with a wide variety of more 'intimate' options for the show. I highly doubt they pass up Toronto if there are 10+ cities on the tour.

Montreal I could see being on the bubble.

witte
02-14-2013, 09:02 AM
From TR's Twitter: HTDA will be playing a limited number of intimate shows in addition to Coachella. We'll announce these next week with ticketing info.

'next week' is almost finished. pff

gorny540
02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Any day now Trent.....

somewhat_
02-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I guess tomorrow will be the day?

sheepdean
02-14-2013, 06:28 PM
I guess tomorrow will be the day?
Fool, "next week" means May.

slave2thewage
02-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Fool, "next week" means May.
I assume you meant "May 2014", yes? Sounds much more likely.

WorzelG
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I hope I'll wake up tomorrow to the tour news

somewhat_
02-15-2013, 09:01 PM
I guess the word "soon" should have been used instead of "next week".

sheepdean
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Well "next week" ends on Sunday (or Saturday if you use the Jewish week), so there's still time.

Hopefully it's taking this long because of finalising like 100 shows in Europe.

october_midnight
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
I guess the word "soon" should have been used instead of "next week".

How. Dare. You.

somewhat_
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Well, I would be much less disappointed if he would have used the dreaded "soon". We all know "soon" means TR will release/announce whatever it is when he's damn well ready to release/announce it. And of course I understood "next week" as a definitive time frame. Oh well, I guess I've learned my lesson now. I'm sure he had every intention to announce it this week and something got fucked up, so I'm not going to get too upset about it. I'm just really looking forward to seeing where they will be performing.

gorny540
02-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Expecting/hoping for the announcement Tuesday, I mean you know Trent is enjoying his three day weekend right?

R-Dot-Yung
02-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Do we expect these shows to sell out fast?

I mean I wanna snag two tickets to the inevitable NYC dates and I'm prepared for the worst given my NIN experience. I just know that this community has been incredibly helpful in the past of sharing the love and helping out so if anything goes awry I vow to help others the way that others have helped me in the past.

somewhat_
02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Do we expect these shows to sell out fast?

I mean I wanna snag two tickets to the inevitable NYC dates and I'm prepared for the worst given my NIN experience. I just know that this community has been incredibly helpful in the past of sharing the love and helping out so if anything goes awry I vow to help others the way that others have helped me in the past.

I wouldn't expect them to sell out within a few seconds like a NIN intimate show would, but at the same time I'm not going to hop on the internet an hour after the sale begins and expect tickets to still be available. You have to keep in mind, a show in NYC will be attracting a lot of people outside of the New York market as well. So even though it's not NIN, it is TR and I'm sure his draw can sell 2,000 or 3,000 tickets pretty damn fast.

somewhat_
02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
I got this message when signing up for an HTDA account to purchase the album through their store:

"Thanks for signing up for an HTDA account. We'll notify you when tickets are available for purchase."

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Really hoping the boring delays is passport issues~

october_midnight
02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
@ destroyangels : Additional tour dates are still coming. Just working out some boring last-minute details. Stay tuned...

jessamineny
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I got this message when signing up for an HTDA account to purchase the album through their store:

"Thanks for signing up for an HTDA account. We'll notify you when tickets are available for purchase."

Part of me wonders if they'd give their direct customers first crack at tickets, as the "secret" reward with this release.

dominik
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm almost shitting my pants because of the bass, and I'm only listening to it with my in-ear headphones.. I can't imagine how fucking awesome this will be live. Just imagine it.. how you will dance to this fucking music, drunk.. and with a lot of BASS.

somewhat_
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Part of me wonders if they'd give their direct customers first crack at tickets, as the "secret" reward with this release.

It could be, but I also believe it could just be a way of having an account to buy presale tickets. Just like you needed an nin.com account to purchase NIN presale tickets.

AgentofChaos
02-20-2013, 12:57 AM
02/19/13 6:39 PM (http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?18,1421843,1432602#msg-1432602)

slyke (http://member.nin.com/profile/view?user_id=532395)

Hello all -

I figured I would share a little info with everyone regarding a possible NIN tour. Nothing is set in stone, but I'll just say that a NIN fan presale ticketing demo site has recently been created (I have seen it for myself). It's fully functional and lists three 2013 tour dates for testing purposes. It even lists details such as - your name will be custom printed on the ticket, will be held at will call, and that you and your guest will be wrist-banded and escorted immediately into the venue (in the interest of keeping tickets in the hands of our fans). Also, a separate page for How To Destroy Angels has recently been created as well.

Trust me, I was quite shocked by this. I was at the 2009 Bowery show and thought that was it. Then again, dozens of bands have called it quits, only to reunite down the road.

Again, this is speculation on my part, with evidence showing that (I can only assume) someone from the band/mgmt is working with this popular ticket presale company for a possible tour.

I will say this - These pages are created as demos, and I have yet to come across one that didn't eventually go live. But then again, the demo could have been ordered just in case, and ends there.

We'll see.

cross-post; somebody registered and posted that on the nin forums today, for what it's worth

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 02:15 AM
It could be, but I also believe it could just be a way of having an account to buy presale tickets. Just like you needed an nin.com account to purchase NIN presale tickets.
I was hoping/expecting a forum. HTDA's only dedicated forum site atm is that weird german one

bgalbraith
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
HTDA tour dates
In addition to Coachella, we’ll be performing in a few select North American cities in April. Here’s the schedule:

4.12 indio, ca [coachella]
4.13 las vegas, nv
4.17 monterey, ca
4.18 san francisco, ca
4.19 indo, ca [coachella]
4.21 denver, co
4.23 chicago, il
4.25 toronto, on
4.27 boston, ma
4.28 wellmont, nj
4.29 new york, ny

These are the only dates we have scheduled right now. To preemptively answer the “when are you coming to my city/country??” questions: We just don’t know. Right now, the dates above are the only dates. There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this as well…

For these shows, we’ll be doing direct presales for a limited number of tickets. Presales will begin next week. More details, including venues and ticketing info, will be coming tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Oh hell yes!

october_midnight
02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
That was tweeted like.....18 seconds ago lol. F5 F5 F5...

bgalbraith
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
That was tweeted like.....18 seconds ago lol. F5 F5 F5...

I get their tweets texted to me.. don't judge ;)

Deepvoid
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Knowing the Toronto NIN community and how they respond to anything TR related, along with a wide variety of more 'intimate' options for the show. I highly doubt they pass up Toronto if there are 10+ cities on the tour.

Montreal I could see being on the bubble.

You nailed this one on the head. Damn!
Toronto straight on my birthday! I might make the trip .. who knows.

Callahan
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
These are the only dates we have scheduled right now. To preemptively answer the “when are you coming to my city/country??” questions: We just don’t know. Right now, the dates above are the only dates. There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this as well…

I'm really curious to see what this is all about

JessicaSarahS
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
HTDA tour dates
In addition to Coachella, we’ll be performing in a few select North American cities in April. Here’s the schedule:

4.18 san francisco, ca

:eek: Yes! I hope the venue's not too small and the thing doesn't sell out too fast. Presale ticket jitters already building up...

jessamineny
That's my favorite part.

JessicaSarahS

More festivals perhaps?

gorast
02-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I hope Southeast dates pop up sometime this year, if they continue touring after this short batch. If there's a Florida date anywhere in the state I'll get my ass there no matter what.

Leviathant
02-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Well, I guess we can close the 'speculation' thread and open an actual tour thread.

Callahan
02-20-2013, 04:54 PM
More festivals perhaps?

I'm interpreting it as something outside of HTDA will impact where/when they tour more cities.

JessicaSarahS
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm interpreting it as something outside of HTDA will impact where/when they tour more cities.

Hmmm... I didn't think of that. Now I'm even more excited.

somewhat_
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM

They are opening for NIN later this year.

october_midnight
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it'd be awesome if it was a NIN announcement, but I'm not 100% sure they'd wanna drop a bombshell like tour dates and then a few days later start pimpin' NIN again...who knows, but I'd give it more time and let HTDA have its day in the sun.

halo33
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM
these will be mid-size theaters. NY will be T5 or Hammerstein is my guess. (although Beacon would be nice)
The Wellmont NJ date gives that away.

somewhat_
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it'd be awesome if it was a NIN announcement, but I'm not 100% sure they'd wanna drop a bombshell like tour dates and then a few days later start pimpin' NIN again...who knows, but I'd give it more time and let HTDA have its day in the sun.

I think the cat will be out of the bag once Lollapalooza is announced (mid April?). Although, really, the cat has already been peeking his head out of the bag a few times already ;)

JessicaSarahS
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, I guess we can close the 'speculation' thread and open an actual tour thread.

I don't know why my mouse keeps liking and facepalming your posts at the same time. My bad.

I think the cat will be out of the bag once Lollapalooza is announced (mid April?). Although, really, the cat has already been peeking his head out of the bag a few times already ;)

Hmmm... might be going to Lollapalooza then if more than a few of these rumored bands turn out to be true...

jhulud
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Looks like I will be going to Chicago or Boston then.

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 05:17 PM
So....
Who's flying me out?

somewhat_
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
‏@trent_reznor (https://twitter.com/trent_reznor) HTDA is playing a handful of shows (so far) in addition to Coachella.

I think they know there will be more shows.

@trent_reznor (https://twitter.com/trent_reznor)
More info on those shows tomorrow. Big news coming next week (for real this time).

Shit, maybe they aren't waiting until April to drop the NIN tour bomb. Maybe it will be next week. Obviously, they won't announce HTDA will be opening the shows until later on. I can't imagine they would want to negatively effect ticket sales for the HTDA intimate shows.

Of course, they might not be opening for NIN and could just be playing shows around NIN's tour schedule?

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
If it is NIN shows, then NIN will be playing in later months, why can't people accept that a band can do a headline tour without going platinum? Hell I've seen bands that have less music released than HTDA playing pretty large venues.

But yeah, kinda bummed that it's all America, but I'm not surprised. At least they're playing at all, so there's room for international gigs.

ItsJustDave
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Looks like I'm Toronto bound!

johnbron
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm looking very seriously at the NYC show.

somewhat_
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
If it is NIN shows, then NIN will be playing in later months, why can't people accept that a band can do a headline tour without going platinum? Hell I've seen bands that have less music released than HTDA playing pretty large venues.

But yeah, kinda bummed that it's all America, but I'm not surprised. At least they're playing at all, so there's room for international gigs.

I'm not stating what they can or can't do, I'm simply speculating on what they are planning on doing.

otnavuskire
02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
I told my buddy who I went to most of my 14 NIN shows with about the 4/27 show in Boston. He excitedly told his wife about it. As he was telling her, it dawned on him that 4/27 is their 10th wedding anniversary. Oops...

gorny540
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Playing New Jersey on my motherfucking birthday!!! Talk about fate, I'll be there regardless, or NYC is just as good too, but I'm loving it right now, hopefully tix are decently manageable to get

Canuckle
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
You nailed this one on the head. Damn!
Toronto straight on my birthday! I might make the trip .. who knows.

Definitely make the trip. Tics are going to be really hard to come by. We get NIN fans from all across ON and the Buffalo area. Always a great show.

spahn
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
looks like i am nowhere bound for now. c'mon and go down the east coast to south florida!

Deepvoid
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Definitely make the trip. Tics are going to be really hard to come by. We get NIN fans from all across ON and the Buffalo area. Always a great show.

I saw NIN twice in Toronto and once in Ottawa. Might as well go see HDTA. What do you think the venue will be? Kool Haus?

Canuckle
02-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Checked Kool Haus, Guvernment and Sound Academy sites and all have no shows that evening. Will be between Kool Haus and SA, unless they go much smaller or bigger then I assume.

gorny540
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Any chance Trent makes his 20 year awaited debut on SNL or Letterman while they're in New York? (stupid wishful thinking)

Highly Psychological
02-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Desperate international pointless live specualtion. TV On the Radio are curating All Tomorrows Parties in UK May 10th-12th. More artists to be announced soon. US Tour April,..... maybe 5-8 Europe shows May???? Trent gets on well with TV on the Radio guys they toured with NIN. possibilities??? HTDA would to my mind fit in well at the All Tomorrows Parties festival.
Cool shows have been announced either way. just fuckin come to uk bitch plz.

richardp
02-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I can't believe people actually believe that NIN will be touring and HTDA will be the opening band. Seriously, people?

suprefan
02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Here is one venue attached to a date, officially

How To Desroy Angels
Golden State Theatre - Monterey, CA
4/17/13

ManBurning
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
I can't believe people actually believe that NIN will be touring and HTDA will be the opening band. Seriously, people?

What about NIN will be touring with some other nonsense crap band that nobody cares about, can we believe that?

Harry Seaward
02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Looks like I'm taking a trip to S.F.

Alpha 60
02-21-2013, 08:16 AM
I’m saying the “big” news is opening for Depeche Mode.

UninTY
02-21-2013, 08:39 AM
The Montclair, NJ venue is less than a MILE from my front door. I damn near hyperventilated! If it was NIN....I might be in the hospital right now. (I'm 35, and these announcement's instantly turn me 18 again!)

sheepdean
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
I didn't even think about the big news being opening for another band, it seemed kinda stated to be a NIN tour. Would be cool for them to get a world tour on a piggyback...

jessamineny
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Maybe it's both (DP followed by NIN). The blog says "There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this (HTDA tour dates) as well…"

That would be amazing for them. The timing is certainly right. And they are labelmates.

orestes
02-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Hahaha I recall people speculating a tour with DM that turned out to be Jane's Addiction.

NIN64
02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
HTDA website (http://howtodestroyangels.com/) has been updated. It now says ticket presale begins Wed 2/27!!

cahernandez
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
It'd be amazing to have How to Destroy Angels tour with Dillinger Escape Plan (they're releasing an album in April). Greg Puciato said that he has been recently inspired by "electronic" music, and y'all remember DEP being special guests during the Wave Goodbye tour...I like to think that the average DEP fan is not the average metal fan, and would be more open to other things. I'm aware that this would be an extreme pairing, but I would be in seventh heaven if it were to happen.

sheepdean
02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
It'd be amazing to have How to Destroy Angels tour with Dillinger Escape Plan (they're releasing an album in April). Greg Puciato said that he has been recently inspired by "electronic" music, and y'all remember DEP being special guests during the Wave Goodbye tour...I like to think that the average DEP fan is not the average metal fan, and would be more open to other things. I'm aware that this would be an extreme pairing, but I would be in seventh heaven if it were to happen.
If that happened, then they'd have to do some Error songs

WorzelG
02-21-2013, 11:29 AM

This would be the best news for me as I already have tickets for DM at the London 02 in May

jessamineny
02-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Fuckit. I'm leaving my post as DP. :D

ryanmcfly
02-21-2013, 11:37 AM
I was hoping there would be at least an austin show in texas. Oh well. I'm sure these aren't the only shows they will ever play.

WorzelG
02-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Dammit - I'm all excited now at maybe seeing HTDA without even having to lift a presale finger. But even if they do support DM it may not be in all countries. got to assume the worst

Deadpool
02-21-2013, 11:41 AM
The Montclair, NJ venue is less than a MILE from my front door. I damn near hyperventilated! If it was NIN....I might be in the hospital right now. (I'm 35, and these announcement's instantly turn me 18 again!)

I adore that Montclair, NJ venue (The Wellmont Theater) for that same reason of close proximity and lack of NYC-travel-stress. The difference is I'm 35 minutes away and you're less than a mile! Can't wait!!!

Deepvoid
02-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Nine Inch Nails with DEP sure. On the other hand, I'm not sure how DEP fans would respond to HDTA. Doesn't sound like a right combo.

gorny540
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Although I don't want to jinx myself with tickets, I fully plan on being at the Wellmont, will be interesting to see if the NYC date is general admission at T5 or Hammerstein or maybe the whole tour is theaters and they do the Beacon

jrdsctt
02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Well, a few summers ago I made the trip from MN to Chicago 3 times to see NIN, might as well do it again.

jessamineny
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I would bet it's T5, since it's a Bowery venue (as is Wellmont).

And, yeah, I don't really see the DEP/HTDA synergy. If they're going to pair with an artist, it needs to be with someone whose fan base they could naturally poach.

jrdsctt
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
I am gonna guess they are playing the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. During Waves Goodbye when they were playing at "smaller intimate venues" that is where they played. They also played the Charter One Pavilion during the first leg of the Waves Goodbye tour, but April might still be a bit cold for that.

Wretchedest
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I do work for Golden State theater here in monterey... so pumped right now. I eat lunch there all the time.. Maybe ill get to shoot it...

Its a seated venue, btw.

Deadpool
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I would bet it's T5, since it's a Bowery venue (as is Wellmont).

Not that I'm necessarily planning on hitting both the NJ and the NYC show, but I'm hoping the NYC venue is Hammerstein since that's also seated the way the Wellmont is. Late last year Amon Tobin did a Wellmont gig followed by Hammerstein so we'll see!

bgalbraith
02-21-2013, 01:26 PM
http://tour.destroyangels.com

All the venues are now posted.

Leviathant
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Please continue the tour discussion at the following thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1449-How-to-destroy-angels-live-2013