PDA

View Full Version : Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

nowyouknow3c
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
If you clicked on this thread to talk about how awesome they are:confused:, please do us a favor an go drink some rat poison!!! Lots of it...

twilight explosion
12-05-2011, 11:12 AM
but nickelback is the best band to ever exist ever in existence

nowyouknow3c
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
but nickelback is the best band to ever exist ever in existence

So I've been told

think i'm a fire engine
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I motion to have this thread renamed "The New Shit On Music Thread".

twilight explosion
12-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I motion to have this thread renamed "The New Shit On Music Thread".

I was thinking of making one, but I thought it was too soon for whatever reason.

think i'm a fire engine
12-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I was thinking of making one, then I realized this thread already exists.

xmd 5a
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
The new single ("When We Stand Together" or whatever) would be one of the worst songs I've ever heard were it not for the fact that the cheesy lyrics and the "HEYYY HEYYY HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYYYYY!" are so pathetically hilarious.

Dra508
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I motion to have this thread renamed "The New Shit On Music Thread".Yes, make it so #1

aggroculture
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Can't stand all these reviews bashing Nickelback, but also sneaking nice things about them in there too.

Volk
12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Was this really necessary?

redshoewearer
12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I was thinking of making one, but I thought it was too soon for whatever reason.

It is not too soon. If you'd created one, there would not now be a Nickleback one.

Space Suicide
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
So, did anyone hear about the Anti-Nickelback Petition the University of Michigan devised so Nickelturd didn't play at a football halftime show?

http://annarbor.com/news/university-of-michigan-student-started-petition-anti-nickelback-petition/

cicatriz
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
That worked out pretty well for him, huh?

aggroculture
12-06-2011, 12:53 AM
I am all in favour of a Shit on Music thread, but I don't see why it has to be Nickelback-themed. Again, another example of people talking shit about Nickelback whilst promoting them at the same time.

theruiner
12-06-2011, 01:04 AM
I am all in favour of a Shit on Music thread, but I don't see why it has to be Nickelback-themed. Again, another example of people talking shit about Nickelback whilst promoting them at the same time.Hey! Listen to me. Listen. This is important. Listen. There is NO such thing as promoting Nickelback. We are warning people. Do you say that to meteorologists when they warn people about hurricanes? "Hey, don't tell everyone about Hurricane Asshole because then you'll be promoting it!" No! You know why? Because it's vital information that everyone needs to know. No poor, unsuspecting person should be assaulted by the generic bland vagina monster that is Nickelback. No one. So just consider this whole thread a public service announcement.

And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.

aggroculture
12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
How You Remind Me came out in 2001. Their reputation as douchemeisters precedes them by a country mile. The people who need warning about Nickelback are unsalvageable. Let them sink.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Remember that thing that came out that said Kroeger was one of the most versatile musicians of all time? I guess from country-rock to country and back to country-rock is a pretty big leap.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Chad-Kroeger-Blackwater-Les-Paul.aspx

And regarding other shit on music: Katy Perry's an over-rated attention whore.

S. Chonson
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I agree. Katy Perry is indeed overrated.

sentient02970
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.
Agreed, sad song..but it made you think a bit more carefully about what toothpaste you were going to buy...as in maybe the last tube you ever buy. AmIRite?

bobbie solo
12-07-2011, 01:41 AM
I agree. Katy Perry is indeed overrated.

who exactly thinks she's a talented musician? to be blunt, she's got big tits, otherwise there would be no Katy Perry.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2011, 01:51 AM
who exactly thinks she's a talented musician? to be blunt, she's got big tits, otherwise there would be no Katy Perry.

I've had classes with people who worship the ground she walks on. Some guy on the thesbian crew got a personally autographed poster wishing him good luck on something from her, and some of the people that I knew who knew him fliiipped out and said it would "make their entire life" if she did that for them, too.

I mean, it's great that they have their idols and all, people can like whoever they want. I just really don't see what sets her apart from any other big-breasted chick who's come along and sang about "being herself" and partying and loving/missing a boy (and girls, I guess).

Space Suicide
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Remember that thing that came out that said Kroeger was one of the most versatile musicians of all time? I guess from country-rock to country and back to country-rock is a pretty big leap.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Chad-Kroeger-Blackwater-Les-Paul.aspx

And regarding other shit on music: Katy Perry's an over-rated attention whore.

He's versatile! It takes big talent to sound the same on every album without it being the same album. I mean you can't deny the slick groove of Animals? or the dirty, dick-sucking material found in the song Something in Your Mouth?

Also, I find it appalling that artists I enjoy and such are frowned upon for vulgarity and these douchebags get played on radio and have songs about straight up fucking and sucking cock and it's acceptable? Really?

Halo Infinity
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I really don't mean this as a joke, but I'm always reminded of this video every time I hear about Nickelback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

It's sometimes sarcastically referred to as "Nickelback rocks!" or "Nickelback stoned."

twilight explosion
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
dubstep. why is it still around.

frankie teardrop
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.

but that guitar solo SLAYS, man. like, totally. *inhales*

poinoup
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I saw an ad on TV last night for "Juicebox", a music channel for children.

I know I should not pick on it, but I was embarrassed for it. I'm gonna sound like an old coot, but I miss when Muchmusic was playing videos. When I was 10 years old, I was grooving to Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc.

Also, I'm still loathing "The Bitch Came Back" by Theory of a Deadman. Lifting the melody of "The Cat Came Back" is as horrendous as that "Chain Hang Low" song that sampled "Do Your Ears Hang Low" a few years back...

Jinsai
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
horrendous as that "Chain Hang Low" song that sampled "Do Your Ears Hang Low" a few years back...

Holy shit... I couldn't resist so I just listened to this... I'm speechless

Harry Seaward
12-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Fuck Christmas music.

Space Suicide
12-08-2011, 09:04 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpj1p6jL7X1qki4gwo1_500.jpg

Jinsai
12-09-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.

Kid Charlemagne
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.

Did you read the Pitchfork review of "Camp", it was kind of spot on. Donald Glover is a funny guy, but rapping about banging Asian chicks, being the only black guy around white guys, and trying to show how much of an outcast you are gets old real quick. Then again, Childish Gambino isn't nearly as bad as Mac Miller who is Asher Roth 2.0.

DS23
12-10-2011, 01:26 AM
*obligatory Tailor Swift mention*

Jinsai
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6EOLSkc&feature=youtu.be

joplinpicasso
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Jinsai! It's been a while since I've seen music you've posted that's made me want to blow my head off!

imail724
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I can't stand most of the shit they play in the top 40, and Maroon 5 is always fucking garbage, but Moves like Jagger is ear-bleedingly bad. Fucking die.

onthewall2983
12-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Limp Bizkit dropped by Interscope (http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/60768), 14 years too late.

thevoid99
12-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I can't stand most of the shit they play in the top 40, and Maroon 5 is always fucking garbage, but Moves like Jagger is ear-bleedingly bad. Fucking die.

I personally want to kill Adam Levine.

Here's why:

http://youtu.be/l6pJMOPJlMI

carpenoctem
12-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Zooey Deschanel's pretty good. At their worst, She & Him are just lukewarm, but they're never outright bad. She's got some pipes, too - a classic voice and some passable songwriting ability.

M1ke
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6EOLSkc&feature=youtu.be

Oh, my, gawd. What, the, fuck.

cashpiles (closed)
12-15-2011, 01:03 AM

The end is coming... December 21st, 2012. This is yet another sign.

Space Suicide
12-15-2011, 01:44 AM
What's with scenesters and their shitty electronic screaming shit? It's garbage.

xmd 5a
12-15-2011, 05:55 AM
"Sexy and I Know It" makes me want to go jump off a bridge. Why the hell do I have to put up with hearing it every time I so much as turn on a device with audio capabilities? Even for a "novelty" song it is especially obnoxious. And surely no-one still finds it funny, right? RIGHT?

darktemplar007
12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
As bad as some of the stuff that has been released this year is, Lulu by the Metallou Reed combo was by far the most atrocious music abomination I have heard in a long time.

keysersoze
12-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Almost everything that is "popular", that is very different to listen to a good pop album.
I mean just listen to the radio or check MTV, they don't even put videos anymore and the ones they put are...well...SHIT.

I mean, when I saw the American Music Awards I want to fucking puke.

And don't get me started on Mick Jagger's collaboration with Will .I.am and J&lo.
I LOVE the Stones, but Mick:
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!...please, PLEASE go back to the Stones and stop making irrelevant shit with fucking assholes.

Kid Charlemagne
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Mick's new supergroup "SuperHeavy" along with Joss Stone, dude from that one band that did "Sweet Dreams" that wasn't Marylin Manson, A.R. Rahman, and Damian Marley is as bad as it sounds. I would almost wish that they could just count their money in front of me instead of putting out a bad album. I'm just hoping he's passing time before another Stones tour.

keysersoze
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Mick's new supergroup "SuperHeavy" along with Joss Stone, dude from that one band that did "Sweet Dreams" that wasn't Marylin Manson, A.R. Rahman, and Damian Marley is as bad as it sounds. I would almost wish that they could just count their money in front of me instead of putting out a bad album. I'm just hoping he's passing time before another Stones tour.

You are right SuperHeavy is not "heavy"...ha!
piece of shit, really, really BAD.

Goldfoot
12-15-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXieR34Gy3I
Just...no

thevoid99
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXieR34Gy3I
Just...no

Oh hell no!!!!! What is wrong with rock music today? This shit sucks!!!!

Pillfred
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Made it 24 secs into the kid video before youtube had to load (shitty internets FTW!!) and had already had enough. This is whats wrong today, people waste good money on shit like that, seriously.

Theory of Shit Band have and always will be a bad parody of what they wish they really were, cool.

Lulu I haven't heard but i was reading some music magazine (uncut?) where the reviewer actually gave it 5 stars, and he sounded legit in his review, saying it was the best thing either one have done in some time. I wish i could have gotten the money he got for writing that. Sad, so very sad on all accounts.

richardp
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
If we're talking about Childish Gambino, let's drop a mention to the equally as terrible opener for his upcoming tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O5mSBisOMAQ

What am I listening to? I mean, seriously. Dude, your voice. What is it.

Space Suicide
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Theory of a Deadman suck. I've known this since that Bad Girlfriend song.

Tea
12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Okay, what the hell? I don't think I've heard such a blatantly sexist song. Fuck, even mainstream rap isn't that bad. Theory of A Deadman do need to be murdered.

onthewall2983
12-15-2011, 04:11 PM

If you read Keith Richards' book, you get an idea of how long Mick has always wanted to stay "hip and fresh". It goes as far back as the Some Girls era when he was trying to turn the Stones into a disco band, and while that worked it hasn't repeated it's success since then.

Kid Charlemagne
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
If you read Keith Richards' book, you get an idea of how long Mick has always wanted to stay "hip and fresh". It goes as far back as the Some Girls era when he was trying to turn the Stones into a disco band, and while that worked it hasn't repeated it's success since then.
Had no idea that was Mick's intention. You'd think he'd want to make sure that he lets everyone know he's a God and not want to tarnish his legacy with shitty sideprojects.

If we're talking about Childish Gambino, let's drop a mention to the equally as terrible opener for his upcoming tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O5mSBisOMAQ

What am I listening to? I mean, seriously. Dude, your voice. What is it.
He's not for everyone, but I happen to enjoy Danny Brown, he put out one of my favorite hip hop albums of the year.

Space Suicide
12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Okay, what the hell? I don't think I've heard such a blatantly sexist song. Fuck, even mainstream rap isn't that bad. Theory of A Deadman do need to be murdered.

They're like all mainstream bands. Nickelback's song Something in Your Mouth is terrible along the lines as it's just basically denoting that a girl having a dick in her mouth is better than anything else.

They won't play songs I like on the radio due to swearing and censorship. But they play stuff like this that's blantatly wrong and even worse in the long run morally, imo.

Halo Infinity
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I couldn't help but stare at it as if it were some kind of train wreck. Like Brokencyde, that song by Crazy Crazy Awesome Awesome has successfully grated my ears. Even their band name is an eyesore to me, not to mention the music video itself.

onthewall2983
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Had no idea that was Mick's intention. You'd think he'd want to make sure that he lets everyone know he's a God and not want to tarnish his legacy with shitty sideprojects.

That ship sailed long ago, my friend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ&ob=av2e

Goldfoot
12-15-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV_gEwvCQcM&feature=relmfu

Delusional
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
^^^
I rather like that, thanks for sharing.

fillow
12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Does rihanna have a new single every other week or what? Almost every time my little sister is at home, I hear that annoying voice singing from behind the door (if I'm lucky) or just like that (mostly) and just as I finish learning the a song against my will, on the next day a fucking new song starts disturbing me.

cashpiles (closed)
12-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Combined with Alex Turner's voice, the shit lyrics to "Don't sit down 'cause I moved your chair" are intolerable.

To see how strongly I feel about this, visit http://www.tumblr.com/blog/cashpiles and witness the hate-fest that has ignited between my posts and Arctic Monkey fans.

profane
12-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Whenever I hear stretched out oooohwaaaahaaaaoooooooows and shit like that, I wanna run through walls. What band? Coldplay: the reason of all the problems in the world.

aggroculture
12-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Coldplay are indeed a bona fide shit on music thread band. They should be in here more often.

I'm going to shit on all the christmas music around that gets into my head and won't leave.

imail724
12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
dubstep dubstep dubstep. die.

xmd 5a
12-25-2011, 05:19 AM
"My Heart's A Stereo" or whatever is the single most irritating song I've heard in a long time (or since I heard that stupid "Dynamite" song a year ago). Though I prefer it tenfold to the awful misogynist rubbish on the last page. WHY GOD WHY!

onthewall2983
12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
The A.V. Club's least essential albums of 2011 (http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-least-essential-albums-of-2011,67027).

think i'm a fire engine
12-28-2011, 04:46 AM
I highly disagree with their dissing of the new Jane's Addiction. Everything else is pretty spot on, especially the Puddle of Mud one. And goddamn I hate Everclear.

Here's the top 10 absolute worst music trends of 2011.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2011/12/top_10_absolute_worst_music_trends_of_2011.php

poinoup
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I just read both of those links and saw that Silverstein covered Kanye's "Runaway". What a shock, it's fitting for this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnE_Uk8bXpM

Kid Charlemagne
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I highly disagree with their dissing of the new Jane's Addiction. Everything else is pretty spot on, especially the Puddle of Mud one. And goddamn I hate Everclear.

Here's the top 10 absolute worst music trends of 2011.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2011/12/top_10_absolute_worst_music_trends_of_2011.php

I like a couple of Everclear's singles, mainly because I remember hearing them on our Top 40 station when I was in elementary school. The reason behind them making another album covering their own songs makes no sense. I have to disagree with you on the new Jane's Addiction record. I thought it was terrible. More so than Strays, they seem to try too hard to sound relevant and it doesn't work on any level.

aggroculture
12-28-2011, 01:30 PM
To me the worst trend of this year is 70s and 80s throwback retro-metal: all this thrash and doom metal that recycles tired old tropes about wizards and goblins, rips off Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and basically wants to jump aboard the Mastodon bandwagon. Between that and deathcore, metal is in a pitiful state right now.

Space Suicide
12-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. The Great Escape Artist was a good album, better than Strays as far as I'm concerned.

Jinsai
12-31-2011, 03:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA (http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Dubstep/dp/B005NNVRYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325323397&sr=8-1)

Space Suicide
12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA (http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Dubstep/dp/B005NNVRYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325323397&sr=8-1)

Even church is hopping on the bandwagon? What is so great about the dubstep genre that it's popular now even though it's been around since the 90's? It's not that great of a genre. I only like dub remixes from a select few artists, if even that qualifies.

theruiner
01-01-2012, 04:16 AM

The only good thing I can say about that is that at least it lead to this awesome comment on Amazon:

And verily, the Lord did speak unto man, and he proclaimed "LET THERE BE WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB." And there was. And it was good.

thevoid99
01-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Carlos Santana was hanging out with Justin Beiber last night. I couldn't bear to watch whatever those 2 did. Carlos sold out. It was bad enough he decided to make music for pop audiences but now hanging out with Bieber. Just kill the guy.

Jinsai
01-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Carlos Santana was hanging out with Justin Beiber last night. I couldn't bear to watch whatever those 2 did. Carlos sold out. It was bad enough he decided to make music for pop audiences but now hanging out with Bieber. Just kill the guy.

They were covering Let it Be by The Beatles. It was a fucking abomination.

While I'm here, let me say that Zooey Deschanel makes bad music, and I'm tired of people defending her twee cutesy bs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBI3AfRJk0

fuck

burninglard
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I have to say that whole new years eve show with Lady Gaga and Bieber, Santana, Minaj etc. really was sad.But it was mindless music by mindless artists for people of the masses that are mindless as well.

thevoid99
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I told my dad about Santana/Bieber doing "Let It Be". That hurt him. He couldn't believe Santana would do that. I saw the clip and I felt like offensive was not a strong enough word to how I felt.

bobbie solo
01-03-2012, 12:48 AM
her music might be infuriating, but i would do bad, bad things to Zooey. and so would alot of you.

Kid Charlemagne
01-03-2012, 12:58 AM
her music might be infuriating, but i would do bad, bad things to Zooey. and so would alot of you.Well, Duh!

Iran_Ed
01-03-2012, 02:40 AM
So amazon.com is recommending a group named AWOLNATION for fans of such bands like The killers, Nine Inch Nails, and Adam Lambert. I thought I'd just share that with you.:D

Jinsai
01-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Yeah, Zooey is just "Adorkable!"

Fuck.

poinoup
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Hahahahahha! Vanilla Ice actually put a CD out last year. "WTF" indeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbEIIo2zbL0

Pillfred
01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night!!!!! (Pulls the trigger)

aggroculture
01-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Taio Cruz's Dynamite. I feel like I'm listening to this damn song all the fucking time. I like going to stores. I hate being subjected to the shitty music they play there.

theruiner
01-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Hahahahahha! Vanilla Ice actually put a CD out last year.I wonder if he gets that excited over every city he visits. "I'm in Bakersfield! BAKERSFIELD!!!!"

aggroculture
01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EojN6r2VSR4
I just don't know where to put this...it's super-creepy.

thevoid99
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
BTW, did anyone see the last episode of Metal Evolution on Grunge? It started off in an all right way though I knew they were going to actually say something about the post-grunge thing. It fell apart once they did interviews with Crud and then fucking Chad Kroeger which saddens me about the state of rock and why I detest the term "grunge" more than ever because of the association with those bands. I don't think grunge is metal. Alice in Chains and Soundgarden might have a bit of metal in their music but I consider them more hard rock. Someone told me that anyone who likes Nickelturd has no taste. That person is right.

onthewall2983
01-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I watched it, too. I agree that grunge isn't metal, but I can see the associations. One guy said Nirvana was part metal, which I couldn't agree with any less. The next episode covers the Nu Metal movement, and the commercial prominently featured Limp Bizkit, but I heard from someone who's seen it already that the director/host has some choice and agreeable words for some of those bands.

richardp
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Damn, Scott looks like shit. That whole thing just made me super uncomfortable. Was this supposed to legit be serious?

Space Suicide
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Taio Cruz's Dynamite. I feel like I'm listening to this damn song all the fucking time. I like going to stores. I hate being subjected to the shitty music they play there.

Taio Cruz is a talentless, boring, generic fraud. Does the guy look or act the part of his song 'Break Your Heart'? I don't think so.

It's like these days everyone has to have a generic electropop delivery and sound to their shit to be a mainstream success. Patrick Stump (formerly of Fall Out Boy) has a solo album out in the vain of electropop and Owl City. Though I must say, Stump is better than Owl City. Only marginally.

onthewall2983
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Damn, Scott looks like shit. That whole thing just made me super uncomfortable. Was this supposed to legit be serious?

Scott Stapp?

Jinsai
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
your pussy your boobies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJX0o0Z5T0s

Highly Psychological
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
If i feel like listening to any song made between January 1990 and December 1999 on youtube im SO SO SO fucking sick of people going on and on about how great the 1990's were and how shitty music is now, how its dead, and the 1990's were the glory days and NOTHING will ever top that decade. ITS FINISHED YOU MISSED OUT WE DIDNT HAHAHAHAHA.
Its especially bad when people say they feel 'so, so sorry for this generation'. It seems to be on every fucking video for a track that was made in the 1990's.
The worst is when i feel like listening to a rave track or an electronic dance music track, its full of bitter old aging ex raver hippie types who have not heard new music since the turn of the millenium constantly berating this generation.
Can you imagine people in the 1990's saying the same thing about music from the 1980's back in the 90's everyone HATED the 80's with a passion.
They just sound like old farts, people from the 1960's bashed the 1970's. etc. But its never been so bad. the poor 00's. Loads of good music was released last decade. Just things change.
Im not slagging off the 1990's it was probably the best decade for music ever, but there is so much good music out there. Im sick of people saying music in general sucks today. Yes rock music sucks, mainstream hip hop sucks, but thats all most people seem to look at . Music went through a major dip in the middle of last decade but i feel it in general picked up big time. There were terrible things about the 1990's too. At the time it didnt feel that great. AIDS, WAR, CRIME i lived in New York in the early 1990s and that was not pretty. It is now but back then New York was a scary place, so some things are better now! Everyone was just focusing on getting it over with and heading to 2000. Avoiding things. Revisionist history!! Rose tinted glasses.
People look at the 1990s as if its some sort of glorious wonderful utopia where only good music was made and everything was great and it was all fun and games, thats what it seems like. URGH

ambergris
01-12-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm subjected to a lot of radio music lately and almost everything is bad. I jump on the Taio Cruz hate train. Also, Bruno Mars is terribly conservative and meaningless to me. Coldplay have gone down the hill and their new songs have no bite. I can't stand Adele, I thought her first popular song was a rip-off of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy", "Someone like You" makes me want to punch her in the face. Commercially, she is what Amy Winehouse could have been, only more mainstream and less dangeorus. I do like Rihanna though, and I think that "We found love" should not be regarded as a pop song, but as a euro dance/sort-of techno song. And I like her because she dethroned the terrible Beyoncé.

Kid Charlemagne
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Beyonce has some substance and gets the best producers around. "Love On Top" may be one of my favorite songs of the past year. Rihanna though is pure garbage. She can't sing worth a shit, she manages to get by on catchy hooks and churns out albums each year so she won't be forgotten about. In fact I read this article on Grantland after I made up my mind on Rihanna and I couldn't agree more. She is everything wrong with pop singers, especially female pop singers.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/38108/how-is-rihanna-doing-this

aggroculture
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I like Umbrella, but can't really get into anything else Rihanna does. It also seems like she has an album out every year or something. Overexposure much.

october_midnight
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Watched that Scott Weiland video for the first time...I think I need to have a beer and a cold shower now or something. That made my Creepy-O-Meter hit like a 9.3

Space Suicide
01-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Had a good argument with someone I don't know well on Facebook that said my 'meh' comment to this was talking smack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-veFB6BEkfs

He followed up by saying NIN was a 'Pole Fancy' and such to which i dropped the argument. I'd guarantee you one thing, I sure as hell believe that TDS is more of a brutal piece of work than anything that Hundredth has ever put out conceptionally and emotionally by a long shot.

Jinsai
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
He followed up by saying NIN was a 'Pole Fancy' and such to which i dropped the argument. I'd guarantee you one thing, I sure as hell believe that TDS is more of a brutal piece of work than anything that Hundredth has ever put out conceptionally and emotionally by a long shot.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be mocking Hurt? It sounds fucking ridiculous. And why are they using the censored lyrics from the Johnny Cash version? Are these guys not metal enough to say the word "shit?"

Also, what is a "pole fancy?"

EDIT: Oh, by the way, apparently these guys make "melodic christian metal." What a load of bullshit.

theruiner
01-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Let's be "Facebook Official." (http://tinyurl.com/6yqefx9)

That's got to be a joke, right?

Space Suicide
01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I can't tell if that's supposed to be mocking Hurt? It sounds fucking ridiculous. And why are they using the censored lyrics from the Johnny Cash version? Are these guys not metal enough to say the word "shit?"

Also, what is a "pole fancy?"

EDIT: Oh, by the way, apparently these guys make "melodic christian metal." What a load of bullshit.

I think the cover blows. They raped any type of true emotion it had from either version to be honest just to scream out a chorus. I respect Cash's version but still like, prefer and think NIN's is better and more cutting.

Evidently a 'Pole Fancy' (after I Urban Dictionary searched) is a wuss or homosexual. Whatever.

Yeah, Jinsai, this Melodic Christian Metal is a load of trash anyways.

Elke
01-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Well, they have a FacePage (http://www.facebook.com/itsHeart2Heart?v=info). And a website (http://www.heart2heartworld.com/). Sadly, Heart2Heart looks legit.

Fixer808
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Im not slagging off the 1990's it was probably the best decade for music ever
With the obvious exceptions of The Tragically Hip, Creed, and 40 minute Phish jam sessions.

poinoup
01-16-2012, 03:22 PM
That Heart2Heart is a Lance Bass creation!? I know this is far outdated, but why didn't they just blast his arse into space to spare us from this monstrosity?

Kid Charlemagne
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
40 minute Phish jam sessions.Hey now!!!!

cashpiles (closed)
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM

Oh my god. When that young manpiece winked at me I actually felt repulsed.
Sidenote: these "dudes" are obviously copying Japanese and Korean boy band styles.

sadpanda
01-17-2012, 03:11 AM
crystal castles

ambergris
01-18-2012, 01:48 AM

And they are using an APPLE computer, just so you know... an APPLE MACBOOK AIR.... APPLE..... FACEBOOK.... APPLE.... It's like a corporate executive's wet dream dripping into a boy band producing machine.

Pillfred
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Fnet0y9Ts

I already hated this song, and then some shitty video DJ the other night played it at the bar we were at. ZACK FUCKING WILD!! and Chad Kroger along side each other????? Not to mention the shit band themselves It makes me so mad i can't even talk. Srsly Zack WTF?!?!?!?! Spirit Journey Reformation was funny, this...this is just utterly disappointing.

poinoup
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Zack probably did it for beer...I guess a flat of beer will make even Chad tolerable.

But dear lord, that video is the epitome of trying far too hard.

Iran_Ed
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM
your pussy your boobies!

I've always felt that people who make shit music probably act like children in the studio, now I have proof.

I've always felt that people who make shit music probably act like this in the studio, now I have proof. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVWGb7Crg2c&feature=related)

aggroculture
01-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Kroeger looks like more of a douche than ever. And Wylde has always been a massive douche, which is covered up by his guitar talents. That song is the definition of horrible. What a bunch of tasteless, misogynist crap.

Harry Seaward
01-22-2012, 05:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHyeCR2g3nk

GOOD SHIT.

Space Suicide
01-23-2012, 08:38 PM
That song is the definition of horrible. What a bunch of tasteless, misogynist crap.

Hey d00d, shudap itz Porn star Dancing!! so hot and cool, man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHyeCR2g3nk

GOOD SHIT.

LOL you showed me this the other day.

october_midnight
01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
I see your Boondox, and raise you a Haystak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq3N9I7Zy7o

Delusional
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I see your Boondox, and raise you a Haystak.

And you lost that bet. Sure that's not that good but at least he seems sincere in what he's doing, no use shitting on mediocrity IMO. That other guy is literally a fucking clown.

Space Suicide
01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
And you lost that bet. Sure that's not that good but at least he seems sincere in what he's doing, no use shitting on mediocrity IMO. That other guy is literally a fucking clown.

Well, he's with Psychopathic Records so of course he must have face paint and act like an indirect ripoff of ICP like all of their artists on the label.

think i'm a fire engine
01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
I didn't mind that Haystack video. Sure it wasn't good, but it felt real. It also flowed okay if you don't mind a little monotony. The ICP ripoff just couldn't even form a sentence that didn't make me cringe, and the whole thing lacked any semblance of rhythm imho.

october_midnight
01-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Wait, did I just see two people defend HAYSTAK? Morons, all.

october_midnight
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
What the fuck is this garbage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSoMSWGnuc

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2012, 05:46 PM
He's supposed to be hotshit. Hipsters love him and he's opening up for Drake this spring. I'm not crazy about him either.

Leviathant
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
hay guys remember this thread

if you want to slag off bands you don't like, here's the cistern you can yak into.

Kid Charlemagne
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
You know who sucks? Creed and Guns N Roses.

Space Suicide
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/7/3/4/112734_v1.jpg

Jinsai
02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Nicki Minaj's performance at the Grammys is quite possibly the most unlistenable shit I've ever heard (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/02/13/nicki-minajs-grammys-performance-watch-now/?ref=topposts)

Big Fat Matt
02-13-2012, 11:56 PM
i heard "Moves Like Jagger" 6 times today.

aggroculture
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Saw Wayne Static last night. Boy was this embarassing. Not enough that he fires the band and hires three young unknowns he can pay a fraction of the price. But he has to get his pornstar wife to come out and shake her (fake) tits over half the songs? Yeeesh and ugh.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
i heard "Moves Like Jagger" 6 times today.

I'm sorry for you.

Saw Wayne Static last night. Boy was this embarassing. Not enough that he fires the band and hires three young unknowns he can pay a fraction of the price. But he has to get his pornstar wife to come out and shake her (fake) tits over half the songs? Yeeesh and ugh.

Sounds lame and I'm sure every other crowd-goer there loved seeing the tits didn't they? Was this a solo effort or a 'new' Static-X band? Apologies if that's a dumb question but I don't know anything about them really, not a fan.

aggroculture
02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Solo effort, but they played Static-X songs apart from two from the new album. The solo album isn't bad, it's a step up from Cult of Static, which isn't saying much. But stylistically there's nothing to distinguish this from Static-X. And given the small crowd in attendance (OK it was a monday night but still), and the lame attention-grabbing moves (tits onstage) this approach isn't paying off. It's sad to see musicians debase themselves...

butters
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I never want to fucking hear "Rolling in the Deep" again in my life. Probably heard clips of it 20-30 times since Sunday's wank-a-thon.

@Jinsai - Saw that too. Unreal.

Harry Seaward
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I never want to fucking hear "Rolling in the Deep" again in my life. Probably heard clips of it 20-30 times since Sunday's wank-a-thon.

Huh. I came into this thread to list Adele. Great minds.

Anyways, more shitty music, just off the top of my head.

Metallica
Lana Del Ray
Meshuggah
G'n'R

aggroculture
02-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Meshuggah? Only the greatest active metal band in the world right now.
I used to turn my nose up at them, but then I got it. Strangely enough, a few minutes before sitting down and seeing your post I was thinking how Meshuggah have altered the game and invented a new style of playing metal. Their precision and control over their music is phenomenal.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Nicki Minaj. Jeez.... how anyone listens to the ridiculous confusing shit that comes out of her big mouth I will never understand.

Plus, some others:

Brokencyde
Creed
Paramore
Angels and Airwaves
H.I.M. - I can never take this band or the lead singer seriously. Just horrible.

Kid Charlemagne
02-16-2012, 09:46 PM
H.I.M. - I can never take this band or the lead singer seriously. Just horrible.You know there's some people on this board that like them, and I never understood why. I always thought these guys sucked. Even when back in 2005 when "Wings of a Butterfly" was always on my local station, I always thought they were awful and their lead singer always tried too hard to be some glam-rock icon when he wasn't. I never understood their appeal at all.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-16-2012, 09:57 PM
You know there's some people on this board that like them, and I never understood why. I always thought these guys sucked. Even when back in 2005 when "Wings of a Butterfly" was always on my local station, I always thought they were awful and their lead singer always tried too hard to be some glam-rock icon when he wasn't. I never understood their appeal at all.

Me either to be honest. I give all bands a try, even if my first impression of them just sucks. I remember being at a little get together at a friends house, and me and two of my friends were watching tv. The commercial for the album came on and "Wings of a Butterfly" video was in the background...we literally started cracking up when he would sing the chorus. I just can't..

ViN
02-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Shit on music was one of the best threads to troll on the internet ever. Looks like the hipsters are out in full effect still but the day Meshuggah is considered shit on music worthy is the day Crystal Castles isn't in my book.

sentient02970
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
we found dove in a soapless place

coolguy
02-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Meshuggah? Only the greatest active metal band in the world right now.
HAHAHHA get the fuck outta here man.

I used to turn my nose up at them, but then I got it.
You don't get anything.

As for the Wayne Static show, that's sad. I got to see Static X live like 6 years ago, and considering everything past their first album is pretty lame, they put on a damn good live show. But the venue was awesome too, it was a small club/bar on the beach which is basically 50% outside.

fillow
02-21-2012, 10:36 AM
wat the fuck (http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/queen-adam-lambert/)

thevoid99
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
wat the fuck (http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/queen-adam-lambert/)

I know man. I really hate that guy. He just tries so hard to actually be daring and controversial yet he does it in a very bad, cheesy way.

butters
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
I just heard some bullshit song about birthday cake (or hell let's be honest, eating pussy) by Rihanna & Chris Brown. Are people even trying to write lyrics anymore? "Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake..." Poetry. Don't even get me started on the song structure..... :mad:

thevoid99
02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I just heard some bullshit song about birthday cake (or hell let's be honest, eating pussy) by Rihanna & Chris Brown. Are people even trying to write lyrics anymore? "Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake..." Poetry. Don't even get me started on the song structure..... :mad:

I heard about that song but I don't want to fucking hear it. Chris Brown's a bitch. He think he's special now because he's got a Grammy! Now, he's trying to call out CM Punk over a diss tweet Punk had said. Now, Punk wants to kick his ass. I will pay to see that.

october_midnight
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aqvutdwbi0

Annnnnnnd go.

aggroculture
02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
How To Destroy Airheads?

Kid Charlemagne
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Interesting note about Paris Hilton and her upcoming album, she was originally tapped as the opener for Marylin Manson on his upcoming tour, but he said he wanted to go in a younger direction.

Space Suicide
02-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Interesting note about Paris Hilton and her upcoming album, she was originally tapped as the opener for Marylin Manson on his upcoming tour, but he said he wanted to go in a younger direction.

Har har recycled jokes.

In other news, it's just as shitty as her debut album that she came out with in 2006. it had the song Stars are Blind or some shit.

Kid Charlemagne
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Har har recycled jokes.

I don't see you trying...with ANY of your posts. Whatevs bro.

You, who the fuck is this Gotye bro, I hear this shit everyday at work and it's more pussified than Bon Iver. Same with Fun., these bands are fucking atrocious.

thevoid99
02-24-2012, 12:24 AM
The song that is annoying me right now is often played on ads whenever I'm playing Yahoo daily games. It's like bad techno meets all of that awful music that's claimed to be R&B or some bullshit with Autotune. How can people stand that shit?

poinoup
02-24-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm still waiting for the day we all hear Chad Kroeger Autotuned.

And I shit on Ja Rule. Yes, Ja Rule. A friend of mine was listening to his new album that just leaked, and it is atrocious.

theruiner
02-26-2012, 03:12 AM
My idiot roommate listens to only the radio while he's playing video games in the next room for hours on end. And he only listens to one station- our local jock rock/nu metal/I don't know what you call it but they play Seether and Nickelback at least once an hour station. Anyway, they play this song ALL THE TIME. I've lost count of how many times I've heard it passing by. It's atrocious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYIxUM-CnSw&ob=av2e

On a side note, I'd just like to point out that THIS was voted as one of the top two comments under the video:

Wow did I hit a nerve with the fag comment? Sorry man It's your life live it how you want. Oh and nice grammar moron.

...I'm just shocked that someone with that level of intelligence and wit would be listening to something that so clearly caters to the lowest common denominator.

poinoup
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/fall_out_boy_frontman_quits_music.html

I didn't even know he was still doing anything. In fact, I forgot all about Fall Out Boy until I saw this...

danebraddy
03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
^ it's kind of bittersweet, it's everything most people wanted (including me), buuuuut I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Jinsai
03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Should I be surprised that the guy is a complete pussy?

sadpanda
03-02-2012, 09:52 AM
or kill himself

aggroculture
03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
What I heard of his solo album was horribly cynical Top 40-fellating crap. Perhaps if he'd made a more honest record doing what he does best, there would be much less of this backlash.
Fall Out Boy have some great songs, I am serious (check out Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Diet, I Don't Care, or This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race). They'll be back soon enough. Pete Wentz surely has some pretty large alimony payments to make.

poinoup
03-02-2012, 10:16 AM
I still don't get it, who cares what the fans think? Music was about doing what you wanted, not bowing to label/critical/fan pressure. Most of them probably just wanted FOB to continue in the first place.
---
Not "shitty music", but more overplayed. A friend had a 90's radio station from iTunes streaming yesterday, and I could go without EVER hearing the following songs again:

- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Pearl Jam - Alive or Jeremy
- Metallica - Enter Sandman
- Sugar Ray - Fly
- Green Day - Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around
- Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

I could think of more, but those were repeated ad nauseum...

aggroculture
03-02-2012, 10:36 AM
If your fans don't like your music, and stop supporting you economically, this can end your career as a musician. So yeah, it is about the fans. If you can't find anyone to pay for your music, you can't make a career out of it.

Jinsai
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
If your fans don't like your music, and stop supporting you economically, this can end your career as a musician. So yeah, it is about the fans. If you can't find anyone to pay for your music, you can't make a career out of it.

Despite the fact that a lot of people hated Fall Out Boy and this lame faux soul pop Jefferson Starship bullshit he was making, you can't seriously say that nobody was buying his crap.

aggroculture
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't quite catch your meaning, but it seemed to me that his solo album went nowhere.

Jinsai
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't quite catch your meaning, but it seemed to me that his solo album went nowhere.

I guess "nowhere" is a relative term. If we're requiring sales on par with the bizarre success of Fall Out Boy, then sure, his solo stuff flopped. There's plenty of musicians out there who sell far less and still make a living off it. I heard that terrible "This City" song more times than I cared to, so it was getting rotation. Someone was buying it.

I can't say I'm upset that he's retired though.

Space Suicide
03-06-2012, 05:33 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgi5plIlSP1qglf38o1_400.jpg

aggroculture
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic_KKMSfufA&feature=related
Can. Not. Stand Current 93.

Necrodoommonkey
03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Built to Spill. They suck so hard that YouTube wouldn't even load the shitty video that I was going to use to show you all how shitty they are.

Kid Charlemagne
03-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Built to Spill are one of the best bands of the past two decades, you're full of shit.

think i'm a fire engine
03-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I can't decide if this is really really awful or extremely awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJw8JFPrpE

Necrodoommonkey
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Built to Spill are one of the best bands of the past two decades, you're full of shit.

Only because I've given up shitting for Lent.
But Built to Spill is still boring as fuck. I enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoy listening to Train.

Kid Charlemagne
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
You probably should've given up posting here for lent.

poinoup
03-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrzgM6Fyfg

theruiner
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I love how they think that, in the year 2012, flipping someone off is some huge act of rebellion.

Space Suicide
03-15-2012, 08:23 PM
That video's cinematography is atrocious.

Oh and the song is bad too.

frankie teardrop
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic_KKMSfufA&feature=related
Can. Not. Stand Current 93.

i enjoy when i see more controversial bands being listed here. i'm a huge fan of neofolk (death in june, strength through joy, forseti, joy of life, les joyaux de la princess, etc.) but i've never ever felt any affinity for current 93. it's his voice. drives me absolutely batshit.

aggroculture
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I love DIJ, but don't know those other guys you mention: will check them out. I also don't like Sol Invictus.

Necrodoommonkey
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Modest Mouse. I put them in the same category of boring as Built to Spill. Just fucking boring. Shit vocals, boring music. I know a lot of people who have and will say "you just don't get their music." I get their music. I just don't like it. I hate it Just because a pedophile says "you just don't get pedophiles" doesn't mean that fucking kids is OK, and you're wrong for not getting it. I guess what I'm saying is that fans of either band are just as bad as pedophiles.

theruiner
03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but have you heard their older music? I know a lot of fans who say that they stopped being good when Good News came out and everything before it was great. I feel the exact opposite- I love their last two albums, but I can't get into anything before Good News. Which makes me the opposite of every other MM fan on the planet, but whatever.

Anyway, my point is that they have had two very distinct eras and a lot of people only like one or the other, so if you're judging them based solely on their newer stuff (the last ten years or so) you're leaving out a huge chunk of their catalog that sounds completely different.

Jinsai
03-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Modest Mouse. I put them in the same category of boring as Built to Spill. Just fucking boring. Shit vocals, boring music. I know a lot of people who have and will say "you just don't get their music."

Built to Spill has some incredible music. Perfect from Now On and There's Nothing Wrong With Love are amazing albums. The first few Modest Mouse albums are pretty great as well. I guess I like boring music with shit vocals.

Either way... your weird analogy about pedos is completely fucking bizarre.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Modest Mouse are consistently good. Everything up to "Good News" is great, and after was pretty good. Ike Brock is a very good songwriter, they're like Spoon where they always put out nothing less than very good albums. I don't know what kind of music you're listening to, but I have a feeling you're not digging deep enough.

onthewall2983
03-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Top albums of the last ten years (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-top-albums-last-10-years-181452729.html)

coolguy
03-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Top albums of the last ten years (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-top-albums-last-10-years-181452729.html)
Damn, I actually bought one of those...

onthewall2983
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Some of the music on the list is okay. But just okay, nothing mind-blowing.

Kid Charlemagne
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I think the only album I actually liked off that list was Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Pretty sure I bought Meteora but I'm sure I gave it away years ago.

onthewall2983
03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback. I'm no big fan of them, but they were a bit refreshing amid all the super misogynistic tone of bands at the time.

coolguy
03-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback.
You're welcome ;)

xmd 5a
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm just glad Evanescence has the top rock album, and not Nickleback. I'm no big fan of them, but they were a bit refreshing amid all the super misogynistic tone of bands at the time.

Small mercies.

I'll admit, I owned Meteora. Though I didn't contribute to its place on the list because it's a US sales only chart.

Phew. Conscience a little bit less guilty.

onthewall2983
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
And I can gladly confess that I cried to "My Immortal" and "October" a few times, in my heart-broken (and short-lived fortunately) "emo" period.

BlueCalx
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Speakerboxxx/Love Below is amazing and deserves every single sale it got. As for Meteora, I remember it having its defenders, back in the day. Some critics, writers, music obsessives, and other people I knew or read who made their ways in life on their exquisite taste came around to talk about Meteora as being this great pop record. It was compared to Depeche Mode, with hip-hop beats and distorted guitars. I don't buy that, personally, but I do think "Breaking the Habit" is a killer single, even if nothing they did before or since comes close.

ViN
04-04-2012, 08:52 PM
So I hear Madonna and Nicky Minaj have new albums out. Why? Has our society been so bad we're deserving of this?

thevoid99
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
So I hear Madonna and Nicky Minaj have new albums out. Why? Has our society been so bad we're deserving of this?

It's because people are stupid enough to think that these records are the hippest records to party to. One's by an aging whore and the other is by a talentless freakazoid.

Space Suicide
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to hate Nicki Minaj more and more as the months go by.

Highly Psychological
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Dont you hate it when artists who suck write really good songs? Especially when its Nickelback? I have had a near autistic obsession with music my whole life i have about 40.000 songs mostly electronica on two ipods. Have loads of embarrassing stuff, but this is the sort of thing if i was to admit to liking people would immediately think i was a bed wetter. If i was to put on the Macerena or the Spice Girls people would laugh . But if i was to play this, there is no comedy in it whatsoever. Which is a shame.
But this track by Nickelback came on in a place the other day. And i really FELT it, i really liked it. So i downloaded it and i cant stop listening to it....Its called LEADER OF MEN and it was on their first record, i dont know much about Nickelback or really give a shit about them, except they are seen as really lame by some. Sort of like a present day Eagles. Apparently this is from their first record.
But its really an emotional, chugging, surging, post grunge track recorded in 1999! It really gets me going, but i feel i have to keep this track to myself. Its a man who feels he cant live up to the stereotype on manhood which has been set out before him LOL.
Its better than a lot of the other post-grunge, Nu Metal Shite from that period it was released in. When Chad sings 'dream of ways to get higher' it gets really powerful...lol I love it. im not ashamed.

Its all about 1.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnyMy7MiWc

Kid Charlemagne
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
At least The Eagles (who I fucking hate) had Joe Walsh and Don Henly, Nickelback is awful. They're like REO Speedwagon, modern day arena cock rock with no substance.

theruiner
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, that happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1daPTyLws&feature=related

Space Suicide
04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Musically it's decent but his voice is a poor. As always.

onthewall2983
04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
At least The Eagles (who I fucking hate) had Joe Walsh and Don Henly, Nickelback is awful. They're like REO Speedwagon, modern day arena cock rock with no substance.

REO had some great songs in the 70's, until their awesomeness died from power ballad-overdose.

thevoid99
04-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Except that REO Speedwagon were actually quite tolerable in comparison to Nickelturd.

djeseru
04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
This thread alone has made for some great reading! Thank you for affirming my belief in the fact that most music today is shite.

Here's my donation to this conversation: Gwen Stefani. Her cover of "It's My Life" made my ears bleed.

Fixer808
04-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Nickelback... Sort of like a present day Eagles.
Does not compute.

onthewall2983
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
There's nothing to compare Nickleback to, really. One can make the argument, that while the Seattle bands are held responsible for killing off hair metal, Nickleback (and Creed) took the identifying elements of grunge and mixed it with the posturing and weak song-writing most identified with hair metal. It's the snake eating it's own tail.

Fixer808
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
It's weird, there really is nothing that compares. It's like they are to rock music what Insane Clown Posse are to rap (only less unintentionally funny).

Space Suicide
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
http://spinitloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ea3c23f2baf0656c18a4b68f3651dbd6.jpg

poinoup
04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I remember back in 2006 when DragonForce was the "fad" band. It seemed everyone around me would listen to them while playing video games like Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Then, they just disappeared from their playlists, and they were quickly forgotten by all of us.

Now, they look back on them, and they seem more like a hair-metal band that people were embarrassed to listen to...

Space Suicide
04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I remember back in 2006 when DragonForce was the "fad" band. It seemed everyone around me would listen to them while playing video games like Smash Bros. on the Gamecube. Then, they just disappeared from their playlists, and they were quickly forgotten by all of us.

Now, they look back on them, and they seem more like a hair-metal band that people were embarrassed to listen to...

They're the quintessential modern day nerd metal band. Almost every douche I know of that likes them is one of the unfortunate bunch and ended up becoming a fan due to Guitar Hero.

I can recall one time this loser kid in my english class in 11th grade was listening to music and I heard loud guitars and drums. I asked what he was listening to and he said 'metal.' I said that's up my alley, who? He said 'I doubt you've heard of them." I go, try me. He said "DragonForce."

I laughed hard. One of my favorite High School memories.

october_midnight
04-19-2012, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE&feature=youtu.be

/thread

profane
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I think I lol'd a little to hard. WTF!?

thevoid99
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I think I lol'd a little to hard. WTF!?

Is this a joke? I feel old.

henryeatscereal
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I really really hate this guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg

thevoid99
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I really really hate this guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg

I hate it too. I so want to beat Adam Levine to a bloody pulp. Most of all, for butchering NIN's "Closer".

Amaro
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
It's not bad I like "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 or anything.

Fixer808
04-19-2012, 06:06 PM
God, fucking Linkin Park...
This says more than I could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWAbWY3EQQ

Space Suicide
04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm so fucking sick of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VC-e6JbGi4

It's played everywhere by everyone: iPods, cars, commercials, etc. It's only popular because of James because frankly her sample is the only part I ever hear.

orestes
04-21-2012, 07:43 PM

The Dude: Jesus, man, can you change the station?
Cab Driver: Fuck you man! You don't like my fucking music, get your own fucking cab!
The Dude: I've had a...
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out, man!
The Dude: - had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

thevoid99
04-21-2012, 11:11 PM

It's played everywhere by everyone: iPods, cars, commercials, etc. It's only popular because of James because frankly her sample is the only part I ever hear.

Oh, I'm fucking with you on this. Every time I do the daily Yahoo games, that song is on. Oh, I find the voice to be so annoying and I hated the fact that it was the theme song for Wrestlemania. I really detest that fucking song. Man, I fucking hate pop music right now. Anything that is playing on VH1's Top 20 Video Countdown is an indication of how bad music has become.

I also want to add that every so-called "rock" band sounds like a bunch of pussy whiny shit with the same bullshit ballads and a stupid-ass dance beat.

wight rabbit
04-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Aside from his rap, this song isn't even Flo Rida's... It was originally done (James sample aside) by Avicii (and is much more tolerable): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidwcorSJRI

I hate the lack of originality in popular music. This is why I stick to the lesser known stuff.

xmd 5a
04-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Aside from his rap, this song isn't even Flo Rida's... It was originally done (James sample aside) by Avicii (and is much more tolerable):

I hate the lack of originality in popular music. This is why I stick to the lesser known stuff.

Same thing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaXslpx3MWY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXL2jHftKaQ

Vocals aside, there's no appreciable difference. I'm not really into the former so I'm not super offended or anything, but the blatancy of the rip-off really makes me go "?????????????????"

aggroculture
04-22-2012, 06:58 AM
God, fucking Linkin Park...
This says more than I could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWAbWY3EQQ

I was looking forward to hearing them damnit. And as if Dethklok isn't the cliche of a death metal band.

coolguy
04-22-2012, 08:25 AM
And as if Dethklok isn't the cliche of a death metal band.
Yeah, actually they aren't. They are what someone who knows nothing about death metal would imagine the cliche of a death metal band to be. This TV show is a prime example of why satire doesn't work if the person creating that satire knows fuck all about their subject of choice.

There is nothing metal about Dethklok.

aggroculture
04-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Well the show attempts to lampoon aspects of all rock and metal. But the band Dethklok, their music, is cliched death metal, meant parodically. They're actually not bad for what they are, but generic death metal they remain, despite the humorous intent.

hobochic
04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
SHITTIEST Mixtape Boombox Blast
Aziz Ansari is forced to carry around a boombox playing the world's shittiest mixtape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_wIZ1kVVg

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
^ Just wanted to say that made my entire day.

Jinsai
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
that mixtape is missing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something and that "I wanna stand with you on a mountain" song by Savage Garden.

october_midnight
04-22-2012, 02:10 PM
that mixtape is missing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something and that "I wanna stand with you on a mountain" song by Savage Garden.

Let me give you a hand then! (http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 D1ClCpfeIELw&start1=&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D WQnAxOQxQIU%26ob%3Dav2e&start2=&authorName=The+Jinsai+Mix)

theruiner
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
That was like every shitty song that was popular during my high school years.

Edit: Oh, fuck you, OM. God dammit.

;)

xmd 5a
04-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Throw in "Semi-Charmed Life" and it'll be heading even deeper into Dangerously Cheesy territory.

thevoid99
04-22-2012, 11:18 PM
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" was like the top song for anyone who was a prep back in 8th grade. "Semi-Charmed Life" was the anthem for the same preps when I was a sophomore in high school. God, those were terrible years. In my junior year, everyone thought Matchbox 20 or bands like Stuck Mojo and Phunk Junkeez were the shit. I didn't get it. What happened to those shitty bands?

henryeatscereal
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0UXRY_rY&feature=related

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.spinner.com/media/2011/10/steven-tyler-456-102711.jpg

'Nuff Said!

bobbie solo
04-23-2012, 01:34 AM
uh....jamie xx re-worked his GSH track for the Drake track. no one ripped him off. He commissioned it to be used again, and tinkered slightly wiith it. He'dd be producing completely new beats for Drake's next album.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Basically the only song anyone listened to at my high school my freshman year. Looking back...Fuck...Nostalgic, sure, but it's sooo bad! That's part of looking back at old music though, I guess. Memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fLbfzCqWw&ob=av2e

icklekitty
04-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Dude...I love all those lame late 90s songs!

coolguy
04-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Basically the only song anyone listened to at my high school my freshman year. Looking back...Fuck...Nostalgic, sure, but it's sooo bad! That's part of looking back at old music though, I guess. Memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fLbfzCqWw&ob=av2e

My senior trip was to Disney World (yes, awesome, i know) and these guys played live. They couldn't even make through one song without fucking up and starting over.

aggroculture
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts&ob=av3e

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
^^^^^^ UGHHHHHHH! Make it go away!!

Jinsai
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
not sure if this even deserves to be in this thread... but why not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Sb14dyaUc

thevoid99
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't like that FUN song either. It doesn't sound fun at all. That "3 second rule" song.... WTF? Turn this shit off!

theruiner
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
not sure if this even deserves to be in this thread... but why not
It's a horrible song AND a life lesson!

Seriously, every time I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, it did. Hilarious.

Kid Charlemagne
04-24-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7846322/taking-concert-doubleheader-creed-nickelback-world-most-hated-bands

Chuck Klosterman goes to a Creed show...then to a Nickelback show, and one guy brings in his own popcorn in a bowl of tupperware.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-24-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7846322/taking-concert-doubleheader-creed-nickelback-world-most-hated-bands

Chuck Klosterman goes to a Creed show...then to a Nickelback show, and one guy brings in his own popcorn in a bowl of tupperware.

"The day before the New York show, Kroeger appeared on a Philadelphia radio station and was asked (of course) why people hate Nickelback so vehemently. "Because we're not hipsters," he replied."

....Yes, Chad. The reason everyone hates Nickelback is because they're not hipsters. Somebody give this man a gold star.

onthewall2983
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Great article. Brings up many truths both haters and fans of either group would find hard to admit to.

thevoid99
04-24-2012, 02:20 PM
That sounds like a night from hell. Jerry Cantrell says going to a Nickelturd show is awesome. I want to kick him in his fucking head and tell him that the new Alice In Chains fucking sucks. It's boring as shit. That article has me convinced that rock is indeed, dead.

aggroculture
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
the new Alice In Chains fucking sucks. It's boring as shit.

This. People raved about Black Gives Way To Blue, but I thought it was dire. The two singles were good enough, but the rest of the album was dull and feeble, with Cantrell leaving no room at all for Duvall to do anything but back him up.

theruiner
04-24-2012, 07:44 PM

So...is his point that people hate Nickelback just because it's fun to hate something? Because I'd say the reason people hate them is because they fucking suck.

thevoid99
04-24-2012, 07:56 PM
So...is his point that people hate Nickelback just because it's fun to hate something? Because I'd say the reason people hate them is because they fucking suck.

Exactly. The same thing with Crud. Two bands that have helped killed rock n' roll.

Space Suicide
04-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Or that they are cliche, generic, mediocre and cheesey in accounts of the words.

I love their sexiest and womanizing lyrics and how they get so much radio airtime. I do applaud Kroeger's ability to craft the songs so they can be played on radio when one is straight up about a girl sucking your cock. I say this as bands I enjoy use one swear word in the song and it's censored and often scrutinized heavily.

Fixer808
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I love their sexiest and womanizing lyrics and how they get so much radio airtime. I do applaud Kroeger's ability to craft the songs so they can be played on radio when one is straight up about a girl sucking your cock. I say this as bands I enjoy use one swear word in the song and it's censored and often scrutinized heavily.
I also love how they have a song about getting shitfaced, coming out of a man who basically got off light on a drunk driving charge.

onthewall2983
04-27-2012, 05:30 AM
I really hate to do this because I love the band, but I gotta call it like I see it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRIYMzjywMs&feature=g-u-u

I know now what to blame when the Cubs choke again this year.

DF118
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Hot Girls have problems too. We're just like you. Except we're hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__HeE6NWmDE#!

Jinsai
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Hot Girls have problems too. We're just like you. Except we're hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__HeE6NWmDE#!

HAHAHA! Holy shit

Space Suicide
04-29-2012, 12:21 AM
This song is old but I still hear it and she still sucks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjRyV-Mqh4

"It starts at my toes and I crinkle my nose where ever it goes?"

Why are you still writing music Colbie Caillat when your breakthrough single was that?

I've heard and read better lyrics from an angst 9th grade emo girl's diary I'm sure.

thevoid99
04-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I fucking hate Colbie Caillat. Her music is annoying. It's like bad summertime music that makes you wish Danzig would go out there and whack the bitch.

xmd 5a
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM
The new Offspring single ("California Cruising" or whatever) is the most hilariously awful thing I've heard in a while. It's live every terrible cliche about modern music in one unbelievable package. Inane lyrics, annoying vocals, shitty club-bait beat, fucking AUTOTUNE... Please tell me this is some horrendous attempt at parody.

Fixer808
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
The new Offspring single ("California Cruising" or whatever) is the most hilariously awful thing I've heard in a while. It's live every terrible cliche about modern music in one unbelievable package. Inane lyrics, annoying vocals, shitty club-bait beat, fucking AUTOTUNE... Please tell me this is some horrendous attempt at parody.
They already tried parody with "Pretty Fly For A White Guy", and that sucked balls too. They haven't put out anything decent in... ever.