PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Break

Space Suicide
08-12-2014, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-73i1k47_Q

So after a year and a few months we finally have gameplay footage. I went from semi-interested to fully interested in this based on the gameplay. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee third person shooters.

thelastdisciple
08-12-2014, 10:12 PM
I've been a big fan of Remedy since Max Payne and Alan Wake. So I've always trusted them when it comes to making brilliant games.

A bit disappointed this is only going to Xbox One but hopefully Remedy will buy the rights back from Microshaft down the road and make a PC version like they did with Wake.

october_midnight
08-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Looks great, but they definitely went the route of cinematography over gameplay. This is the same kind of problem I have with games like this as of late. It's hard to put in to words, but I'd best describe it as a linear, first person, cinematic game. And I guess the more of these I play, the more it blatantly stands out to me as something that I'll want to play through once and then be done with it. It's not like Titanfall, or Gears, or ______, where there's always something to draw you back in to keep playing. It's something that once you've played through it, what's the replayability factor? What makes me wanna go back once I know what happens? It kind of holds your hand. In the gameplay video it's just 'beat this part with the villains on the bridge. shoot them all. go to the next cutscene. now you're on the fire escape. only one way down. click on the prompt when you're near the ladder.' I don't know, maybe I'm not making any sense as I'm about 2/3 cut on a bottle of pinot noir lol, but I feel I got my point across well.

Madmya
08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
It's been said from the very beginning that this will be a cinematic experience. Alan Wake was like a TV show. I understand the concerns, no one likes linearity, but Alan Wake was fantastic. In Remedy I trust.

thelastdisciple
08-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Not every game needs to be open world, to be honest too many games these days lack direction/focus because of sprawling environments.

Every now and then it's actually nice to buckle down a bit and get to the point.

Madmya
08-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Day 1 purchase from me.

october_midnight
08-13-2014, 10:28 AM
No yeah I'm still hyped to play it and Alan Wake was beyond sick. I'm just saying that for a lot of people, the replayability of such games sinks like a rock when a game is too linear, which it appears this might be.

thelastdisciple
10-23-2014, 10:15 PM
http://youtu.be/ybRB8sBCigw

Looks SO good.

october_midnight
03-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Apparently delayed to early 2016.

Space Suicide
03-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Apparently delayed to early 2016.

Not surprised, news on this has pretty much been gone and unspoken of since the last thread update. oh well.