PDA

View Full Version : metaphysics and philosophy

elevenism
06-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Is this the closest thing we have to a spirituality type thread? I wanna hear what people here think about The Collective Unconscious and maybe Idealism. And other shit. - @Amaro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=74) in the Religion thread

Can we do this without it getting as nasty as last time?

What are your spiritual notions and how did you get there?

Do you have any experience with ghosts or astral projection?

What is true, pure atheism?

Is anyone on a left hand path?

elevenism
06-13-2014, 04:07 AM
i believe in a benevolent force guarding the universe, because it pushes and pulls me. and since the bible is the book with which i was presented in terms of time and culture, that's the one i study the most, although i study the Bhagavad Gita quite a bit too. i think that Christ, Krisna, Guatama Buddha, Mohammed, even Mithra...were referring to the same higher force.
i've done battle with what i would call a demon...SOME kind of rarely visible astral nasty anyway, that attached itself to me back when i practiced ritual magic, and came back to fuck with me LONG after i stopped with the witchcraft.
i am a "sensitive" or whatever you want to call it...i see "ghosts" pretty often, but i am convinced that they aren't sentient...more like interdimensional movies, if you will.
I can talk about this shit all day long.

Sarah K
06-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh, jeez.

Abort.

halloween
06-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Ah spirituality. I battled with this my whole life and now found myself out of that mess safe and sane. Zen is as close to "spiritual" as I'll get. Whats the point of thinking on all of this when all you have is now? I do believe in a feeling of connectedness but not in the soul or God way. Just in the sense that everyone and nature has evolved from the same "stuff" and I think it's easy to feel kinship with all that stuff "out there" which I used to give the same sense of feeling as a "oneness with God".
I was so obsessed trying to understand the world of spirits trying to understand it BECAUSE IT NEVER MADE ANY SENSE TO ME even as a child. I would endlessly question my sister who was the one taking courses at our chuch on what the books say. It had me wrapped up in a fantasy world of when I'm dead basically. Which as a teenager was terrible because I become pretty depressed and fantasized what my hell would be if I killed myself. I thought I'd finally be somewhere "REAL" because this Earth world is clearly not where we're supposed to be.
I consider myself an atheist because my belief system is simply not to think about a belief system and simply strive for emotional peace within myself and with others. I've stopped beating myself up for "bad karma" and being afraid of "negative spirits" which was just alienating me from the negative scary emotions that every one goes through as a human on some level.

It's difficult talking to people about this because God as an institutional being is present in a lot of my family members life. I like to talk philosophy but it tends to make, for example, my sister very uncomfortable because she has never wanted to question her faith and it's what keeps her going in life... or else "what is all the suffering for?" Ugh, I feel bad but I wish my sister would just face that dark abyss which is kind of the fear of the absolute chaos and chance our world and lives are. And the fear of death being absolute nothingness- I personally think it's not absolute nothingness. My molecules are going to turn into something else, get eaten and processed and dispersed and the energy that keeps those molecules able to be transformed into something else that is ultimately ALIVE. So I'll continue living in some form, but the consciousness/ego that calls itself "I"- my memories and experience of my life probably won't stick around in any form whatsoever.

The part that catches me though, is when I think "well I become the consciousness of this body, just as easily as I am not the consciousness of that man walking across the street." What's to say I won't experience some "rebirth", that I'll wake up and be seeing through the eyes of different animal. That again is said without the belief that this current ego stays in the same form with the same memories like a spirit jumping around....at this point I fail to find words to what I mean I guess.

DF118
06-13-2014, 03:27 PM
i've done battle with what i would call a demon...SOME kind of rarely visible astral nasty anyway, that attached itself to me back when i practiced ritual magic, and came back to fuck with me LONG after i stopped with the witchcraft.

The relationship thread is this way. (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/308-The-Relationship-Thread/page62)

allegro
06-15-2014, 11:06 AM
It's difficult talking to people about this because God as an institutional being is present in a lot of my family members life. I like to talk philosophy but it tends to make, for example, my sister very uncomfortable because she has never wanted to question her faith and it's what keeps her going in life... or else "what is all the suffering for?" Ugh, I feel bad but I wish my sister would just face that dark abyss which is kind of the fear of the absolute chaos and chance our world and lives are. And the fear of death being absolute nothingness- I personally think it's not absolute nothingness. My molecules are going to turn into something else, get eaten and processed and dispersed and the energy that keeps those molecules able to be transformed into something else that is ultimately ALIVE. So I'll continue living in some form, but the consciousness/ego that calls itself "I"- my memories and experience of my life probably won't stick around in any form whatsoever.
I've been studying Buddhism for a while (particularly Zen Buddhism) and especially meditation. There's this guy Dr. Mark Epstein who's a psychiatrist and also a Buddhist and he has a lot of great books:

In his teachings on suffering, the Buddha made clear that some kind of humiliation awaits us all. This is the truth that he felt could be apprehended by those with “little dust in their eyes.” No matter what we do, he taught, we cannot sustain the illusion of our self-sufficiency. We are all subject to decay, old age, and death, to disappointment, loss, and disease. We are all engaged in a futile struggle to maintain ourselves in our own image. The crises in our lives inevitably reveal how impossible our attempts to control our destinies really are.
"Thoughts Without A Thinker" - Mark Epstein, M.D.

All worry about the self is vain. The ego is like a mirage and all the tribulations that touch it, will pass away. They will vanish like a nightmare when the sleeper awakes. He who has awakened is free from fear. He has become Buddha. He knows the vanity of all his cares, his ambitions and also of his pains.

- the Buddha

see this transcript for an interesting interview with Mark (http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/spiritofthings/thoughts-without-a-thinker---mark-epstein-buddhist/3493818#transcript)

Mark Epstein: I think actually in the Buddha's time there were beliefs in many other worlds, the culture in which the Buddha grew up believed in god realms and animal realms, spirit realms; but one of the Buddha's great contributions was that he taught people to focus on the here and now. He taught people to make use of this life, of this moment to awaken themselves instead of waiting for the next one, instead of propitiating the spirits in the other realms, you know, he taught a psychology that was centred on the experience of the individual, that was counter to the prevailing ideologies of the time, which were all about propitiating the gods, invoking the spirits, and making sacrifices to the other realms and so on.

halloween
06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
This is fanstastic, thank you for sharing!
Edit. I read Jean-Paul Sartre's Nausea and it curiously made me think of Zen, except the guy in the book was a little more tragic about things.

Charmingly Miserable
06-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I'd consider myself agnostic. Nothing to believe in = no consequences.

elevenism
06-17-2014, 02:17 AM
My molecules are going to turn into something else, get eaten and processed and dispersed and the energy that keeps those molecules able to be transformed into something else that is ultimately ALIVE. So I'll continue living in some form, but the consciousness/ego that calls itself "I"- my memories and experience of my life probably won't stick around in any form whatsoever.

The part that catches me though, is when I think "well I become the consciousness of this body, just as easily as I am not the consciousness of that man walking across the street." What's to say I won't experience some "rebirth", that I'll wake up and be seeing through the eyes of different animal. That again is said without the belief that this current ego stays in the same form with the same memories like a spirit jumping around....at this point I fail to find words to what I mean I guess.

good god i know exactly what you mean.
i dont know what else to say...well put

nin5in
06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I find myself leaning towards agnosticism these days, even though I was walking down the Left Hand Path.

allegro
06-17-2014, 01:45 PM
This is fanstastic, thank you for sharing!
You're welcome! I got the Mark Epstein info from this book (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/22-What-are-you-reading?p=193281#post193281), I highly recommend it!

Also, when I was about 14 years old, I read this book (http://www.amazon.com/Seth-Speaks-Eternal-Validity-Soul/dp/1878424076) and it changed my view of life. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it; tell me what you think.

halloween
06-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Those sound interesting. I'll have to include them on my near future book reading list. I've opened up two yoga books but I'm going to want to bring something different when I travel soon.I'm considering not bringing a book at all so I force myself to write instead, heh. I've recently finished two of...oh boy let's see if I spell this right- Thich Nhat Hanh?'s books, Zen Keys and Peace is Every Step.

Edit. Man, when I was fourteen the book I discovered that changed my "way of thinking" for only a year or so was a cheesy Wiccan book "A teenage guide to being a Witch" or something. I did some serious pagan rituals for a long time but what I got most of that was doing the mediations with visualizations. I honestly didn't believe in the spells and spirits and even praying to a God and Goddess, or three Goddesses, felt empty to me. I did do a lot of mediating but I didn't call it that because I didn't think that was what meditating was. I thought I was just doing something more like praying or casting a spell- praying is something I did a lot growing up...my prayers to God were more like mantras though because I'd simply repeat small things like what I'm grateful for or apologizing even for whatever sinful things I did. My mother was the one who introduced me to some meditating practices too because she's an avid Osho fan. She would put on incenses and a cd of monk bells ringing- she also would make me to "gibberish mediation" where you clear your mind of words by making nonsense gibberish, heh.

allegro
06-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Those sound interesting. I'll have to include them on my near future book reading list. I've opened up two yoga books but I'm going to want to bring something different when I travel soon.I'm considering not bringing a book at all so I force myself to write instead, heh. I've recently finished two of...oh boy let's see if I spell this right- Thich Nhat Hanh?'s books, Zen Keys and Peace is Every Step.
Oh, wow, I read his book, Savor (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0061697702?pc_redir=1402968645&robot_redir=1), really good!!! Mostly reinforces his mantra of "do only one thing" mindfulness but applies it to eating.

Charmingly Miserable
06-18-2014, 12:50 AM
I find myself leaning towards agnosticism these days
We are going to hell then! lol

allegro
06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
We are going to hell then! lol

But we're not talking about "religion" (there's a separate thread for that, which is also filled with "I'm an atheist/agnostic" comments, which aren't exactly fodder for further discussion); we're talking about "spirituality." Personally, I think metaphysics fits into that category.

Not necessarily pointing at you, but lots of online people are like agnostic sheep who think that something like "Yoga" fits into some kind of organized religion that violates the agnostic code, so they won't even learn anything new.

eversonpoe
06-18-2014, 11:22 AM
i don't believe in fate, but i believe in convergence. not that certain things are MEANT to happen, but in order for certain things TO happen, everything has to fall into place in a very particular way. and i am thankful that i have ended up where i am, despite all of the horrible things i've had to endure throughout my life.

i also believe that everyone/everything is connected, since the entire universe is made of the same stuff, and that is really, really cool.

that's a pretty good summation of my spirituality.

ambergris
06-18-2014, 12:41 PM
For me, it all comes down to the fact that things exist. Why do things exist? When did something come out of nothing? Maybe it's the way it is, that things can come into existence out of nothing. But why is that so? There must be something that is beyond comprehension, at least at our current evolutionary state.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 01:19 PM
For me, it all comes down to the fact that things exist. Why do things exist? When did something come out of nothing? Maybe it's the way it is, that things can come into existence out of nothing. But why is that so? There must be something that is beyond comprehension, at least at our current evolutionary state.

i feel you. as a child, i would ask myself...what would there be if there was nothing?
not in the sense of no life or no planets but absolutely fucking nothing...no space, no time, no darkness, not even a void.

that's why the hardcore atheism (and it usually IS atheism, not agnosticism) of science fucking baffles me.

see, i identify as a christian, but it's not...i don't know how to explain it. christ might have been crucified in another dimension. it also fascinates me that there are SO MANY other god-man myths that parallel the christ story. so i study, and seek wisdom. and i was on a left hand path for a LONG fucking time. i can guarantee any of you that interdimensional evil exists, and i've been at war with it and myself for years.
i'm just an altruist, who's highest values are forgiveness and acceptance.
and i've spent A LOT of time studying a LOT of religions, looking for wisdom.

but @ambergris (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=334) , what you said is the ultimate argument against flat out atheism for me, and it's so fucking simple.

oh, and eversonpoe , i also very much agree with what you said. it's synchronicity. and if you can dig this, that's why divination works and is NOT evil. the cards can only fall one way...Jung explains it a hell of a lot better than me. i'll tell you this crazy ass story about synchronicity that REALLY cemented my belief in it at some point in the near future but i'm tired of typing. long story short, it was an INSANELY accurate physical depiction of words i had just thought while walking down the street, reading about synchronicity on my phone for fuck's sake.

I really want you people to know that when i say i'm a christian, i'm not the kind who thinks that "god" is a "person" in the sky who can send you to "hell."
It's way, way beyond that. I feel that i have been enlightened with about 1 tenth of one percent of the true metaphysical wisdom i seek, and i'm grateful even for that.

allegro
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
but ambergris , what you said is the ultimate argument against flat out atheism for me, and it's so fucking simple.
With all due respect, if you're going to have a "spirituality" thread (I think this thread should is misnamed per the OP) you probably shouldn't mix "religion" into it or you're going to duplicate the "Religion" thread that we already have? Perhaps this was supposed to be more of a "Philosophy" thread? If you look at the question that was asked by Amaro in the OP, he asked about Jung and The Collective Unconscious, which has absolutely nothing to do with religion and is actually related to psychoanalysis and probably unrelated to any of this, but maybe Amaro's point is reaching more toward metaphysics. And ambergris' point is certainly metaphysical.

See Metaphysics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics). Which is a philosophical discussion.

Amaro also mentioned Idealism, which is also a philosophical discussion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealism).

elevenism
06-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Edit: Really, this thread should be called "Spirituality and Philosophy" since metaphysics and The Collective Unconscious (mentioned in the OP) fits more into the latter than the former. - @allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76)

my sentiments exactly...i didn't know how to change it though.
i was thinking spirituality, metaphysics, synchronicity and the occult for good measure.

so many people equate spirituality with christianity and "god" as YHWH, and as good marilyn manson fans, well we can't have ANYTHING to do with THAT shit, right? ;)

sorry for double post.

and point taken. i will leave the religion part out of it from here on out. fuck no i don't want to turn this into the religion thread, jesus.

BUT...theology IS part of metaphysics, make no mistake.

allegro
06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
theology IS part of metaphysics, make no mistake.
THEOLOGY is, yes. NOT religion. There is a difference. Take a few university-level theology classes, you'll see what I mean. *wink*

Re changing the thread title: just PM a mod.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 01:50 PM
THEOLOGY is, yes. NOT religion. There is a difference. Take a few university-level theology classes, you'll see what I mean. *wink*

Re changing the thread title: just PM a mod.

do you know what i would fucking give to take university level theology classes it this point in my life? sigh...i hope i get there some day and out of this tiny town where i am LITERALLY contemplating taking a job at a fucking meat packing plant.

in the meantime i just read and read and read

allegro
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Also, I don't agree that what eversonpoe described is synchronicity. I think what he described is determinism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism)

allegro
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
do you know what i would fucking give to take university level theology classes it this point in my life?
Do you know how many classes you could have taken for those 6 Gs your mom spent on lawyers to keep you out of jail?

See determinism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism).

elevenism
06-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Also, I don't agree that what @eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) described is synchronicity. I think what he described is determinism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism)

ultimately yes, but the "convergence" of events as he described it, doesn't it require unusual coincidence?
but you are right...he wasn't describing jung's scarab beetle level situations.
forgive me, i just woke up.

allegro
06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
forgive me, i just woke up.
It's 2:04 pm and you're just waking up??

Shouldn't you be starting a vampire thread?

allegro
06-18-2014, 02:07 PM
ultimately yes, but the "convergence" of events as he described it, doesn't it require unusual coincidence?
Absolutely not. it requires no coincidence at all.

eversonpoe: "not that certain things are MEANT to happen, but in order for certain things TO happen, everything has to fall into place in a very particular way"

Coincidence: "a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection"

Here wait, SEE THIS (http://faculty.frostburg.edu/phil/forum/Metaphor.htm).

Now my college philosophy classes are coming to good use LOL LOL.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Absolutely not. it requires no coincidence at all.

@eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) : "not that certain things are MEANT to happen, but in order for certain things TO happen, everything has to fall into place in a very particular way"

Coincidence: "a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection"

Here wait, SEE THIS (http://faculty.frostburg.edu/phil/forum/Metaphor.htm).

Now my college philosophy classes are coming to good use LOL LOL.

yeah, you win. my last and only college philosophy class was in 99 when i was 19, and believe it or not, i spent the entire time trying to convince the professor of the merits of Randian Objectivism.

now my views are completely the opposite, epistemological views, metaphysical views, ethical views...the whole 9 yards.

i had every chance to go to and finish college, but i started drinking. like having seizures if i wasn't drinking kind of drinking.

jesus, i fucked up. but i am still hell bent on getting a degree. it's just gonna take awhile.

edit: allegro , you are making my fucking brain hurt. i'm gonna let y'all finish, like kanye.

allegro
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
edit: allegro , you are making my fucking brain hurt. i'm gonna let y'all finish, like kanye.
Hey, no pain, no gain :)

The first and last mistake you make in a philosophy class is trying to "convince" the professor of anything, LOL.

And you've probably learned by now that there are absolutely no merits in Randian anything.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 03:58 PM
yes...not to bring up politics AND religion, but Rand's views are pretty much philosophical satanism, as well as paralleling the extreme right...the tea party and whatnot.

when i was young, i had gone to gifted and talented schools...i was a child/teen prodigy and whatnot...rand preached about the elite running things and i thought i was the elite.

imagine my shock when mommy and daddy shuffled me on out and i realized that not only was i not "elite," i was poor, drunk, high and half crazy.

it turns out that intelligence doesn't count for much, which sucks for me.

Case in point...my cousin jackie isn't exactly the sharpest tack in the box. but she finished college and is a fucking ENGLISH TEACHER. and i'm not sure she can even spell.

Okay, i'm gonna throw this out there. I've always been REALLY good at astral projection on THIS plane...but i'm interested...HIGHLY interested in merkaba. I've been trying SO fucking hard but i can't break out of this dimension/plane.

Has anyone had any luck? i assume that if you are reading this thread, you MIGHT have some idea what the fuck i'm talking about....

oh yeah and allegro ... i was nineteen and i knew everything, as far as the philosophy class goes.

allegro
06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Okay, i'm gonna throw this out there. I've always been REALLY good at astral projection on THIS plane...but i'm interested...HIGHLY interested in merkaba. I've been trying SO fucking hard but i can't break out of this dimension/plane.

My jr high / high school friend Julie used to claim that she could astral project herself into the kitchen and look around in the fridge and stuff, LOL.

I've personally never bought astral projection. Having studied a lot of neurology, I think our minds are really powerful; powerful enough to convince ourselves that we're doing shit that we're not really doing. But I think this may drift this way the fuck off this track, I dunno how the fuck you're gonna have this catch-all topic. I've never considered astral projection as part of the "occult" and I've never considered the "occult" as being anything near metaphysics or philosophy. Astral projection would fit more into "paranormal" like mental telepathy and ghosts.

I think we had an occult thread, here, once, and it was was mostly people poking fun at it. Same with the astrology thread, there are way too many scary smart MENSA nerds in forums (you think YOU'RE smart, LOL) to have serious astrology or occult discussions. They just sit there like stinky wet turds.

But, string theory, quantum mechanics, etc., that's all related to cosmology and metaphysics, Plato's forms (http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/platform.htm), all that stuff.

Charmingly Miserable
06-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Not necessarily pointing at you, but lots of online people are like agnostic sheep who think that something like "Yoga" fits into some kind of organized religion that violates the agnostic code, so they won't even learn anything new.

I'm totally not like that. I'm down with yoga.

So, if we are gonna talk about spirituality, then getting acupuncture is spiritual. So is going to the Integratron.

allegro
06-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm totally not like that. I'm down with yoga.

So, if we are gonna talk about spirituality, then getting acupuncture is spiritual. So is going to the Integratron.
No, I think acupuncture is something that medicine now considers "integrative medicine." Our big healthcare affiliate here in Chicago has an integrative medicine component (http://www.northshore.org/integrative-medicine/our-practices/oriental-medicine-acupuncture/) and lots of insurance carriers even cover acupuncture, now.

I think the original poster accidentally named this thread "spirituality" when he meant to name it "philosophy and metaphysics."

Charmingly Miserable
06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
No, I think acupuncture is something that medicine now considers "integrative medicine." Our big healthcare affiliate here in Chicago has an integrative medicine component (http://www.northshore.org/integrative-medicine/our-practices/oriental-medicine-acupuncture/) and lots of insurance carriers even cover acupuncture, now.

I think the original poster accidentally named this thread "spirituality" when he meant to name if "philosophy and metaphysics."

Gotcha.

My HMO denied me acupuncture and deemed it unnecessary.

Back on topic....

allegro
06-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Gotcha.

My HMO denied me acupuncture and deemed it unnecessary.

Back on topic....

Key word: HMO.

Most insurance plans don't cover chiropractors or massage therapists, either.

halloween
06-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I got really good at lucid dreaming and that's pretty much when I realized what you pointed out Allegro- our minds are powerful. I've had semi lucid dreams where I hear music, totally original music, clear as light and I control it somewhat through my "feelings". I never remember the tunes when I fully wake up though. I've had this same vividness with recreating my room and thinking I'm stepping out of my body. I have had moments where I looked at myself sleeping in bed. Again, I'm pretty sure this was all really cool brain imagination. Edit- I think I dreamed in these spiritual ways because that's the stuff that's on my mind at the time. If I lived in the middle ages, maybe my lucid dreams would involve more demons or angels.
Speaking of demons, once I was trying to "wake up" and instead I imagined looking up from my bed, thinking I was unable to move and seeing a mechanical spider thing with a cat head. (My cat was probably sleeping with me that night.) That was creepy.

ambergris
06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
I agree with allegro's suggestion to rename this thread. I knew my post was best described by 'metaphysics' but still posted because allegro said it was ok ;-) (at #15)

@ elevenism: The extent to which wonder about the beginning of it all even goes beyond God. I even wonder how, if there is a God, it came into being. A God merely moves the problem to a different place. I'm a very scientifically trained mind, but there is something our current science can't explain and our logical capabilities don't have an answer for. And by current science I don't mean questions like "What's the weight of the Higgs boson" but more the whole universe - maybe the "universe" is just part of something even bigger. Cosmology can only theoreticize that there might be parallel universes or that there are more than four dimensions, but that these other dimensions are .... I don't know, it's possible to describe it mathematically and in language but I don't know what it means.... you can move in these other dimensions but stay at the same place in ordinary space and time. Maybe this is what souls do.... I have often wondered how people, when they're dead or dying, have out-of-body experiences, they can see things around them.... with closed eyes. Maybe souls move in another dimension away from the body.

elevenism
06-26-2014, 02:58 AM
ok allegro , Philosophy and Metaphysics?
that works for me. i will pm leviathant.

I want to keep this thread going, too, because for some reason, i've always felt that we as a group are a fairly intelligent bunch.

allegro
06-26-2014, 10:14 AM
ok allegro , Philosophy and Metaphysics?
Looks awesome!!!! :)

halloween
10-05-2014, 05:13 PM
You're welcome! I got the Mark Epstein info from this book (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/22-What-are-you-reading?p=193281#post193281), I highly recommend it!

Also, when I was about 14 years old, I read this book (http://www.amazon.com/Seth-Speaks-Eternal-Validity-Soul/dp/1878424076) and it changed my view of life. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it; tell me what you think.
So I the 10% book finally showed up in my bookmooch list, haha. Hopefully they'll agree to send it to me and I'll get to read it. I have to say, meditation recently has been so important to me because ever since I got off birth control, I've noticed my hormonal shifts just shatter my mind in terms of focus and scattered thoughts.

Erneuert
08-07-2021, 09:30 PM
I knew we had a philosophy thread around here somewhere.

It was a delight to see this pop up on my dashboard today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psou-_umYQE (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=psou-_umYQE)

Erneuert
09-11-2021, 04:05 AM
allegate elevenism - what is your opinion of this?

Totally unrelated observation: the guy being interviewed keeps reminding me of Ted Bundy in his final interview when he closes he eyes and squints really hard, lol. Is it just me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZHd4EfGzKg (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IZHd4EfGzKg)