PDA

View Full Version : 2013.11.13 - Broomfield, CO @ 1stBANK Center

TheBang
11-13-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.health-street.net/sites/default/files/styles/locations_image/public/locations_image/Colorado-Broomfield.jpeg

klyrish
11-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Great, great show. The sound was kinda muddy so it made hearing the intricacies difficult, but March of the Pigs has never sounded fuller or heavier.

Somewhat Damaged was amazing.

I really dug the new songs...they're much better live (as is almost always the case with NIN).

The visuals were...just...wow. I still can't believe it.

The only disappointment was the lack of In This Twilight. I fear my curse is that I'll never get to hear it live since I skipped Lights in the Sky.

ZeroSum
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Hell of a show... and damn, am I feeling it today. This was the first NIN show where I went in without looking at a likely setlist beforehand.... and consequently, I will probably never look at a setlist before a show again unless I am really on the fence about seeing a band. I don't know if it was this, or the addition of the backup singers, or just Trent assembling a great lineup altogether, but everything they played felt really fresh. I was so surprised to hear All the Love in the World and Even Deeper! And I FINALLY got to see Somewhat Damaged! This was my fourth NIN show, and I'd missed it every other time. Also, it was the perfect amount of Hesitation Marks IMO. I love it almost as much as TF and TDS, and they seemed to play every last one of my favorites off of it. it was a great to see all of those songs fit comfortably alongside all the old classics. While I'm Still Here and Black Noise were fucking awesome as hell. There wasn't a weak moment the entire night. I don't know if it was the best NIN show I have seen (Lights in the Sky at Red Rocks (also my very first show of any band, ever) will be very difficult to top) but this is probably the one where I most thoroughly enjoyed myself. Got very drunk, and sang, screamed, and danced/moshed my ass off the entire night. It's all a huge blur of pure fucking bliss, and because of this, I can't really remember the light show, at least in specifics, but I know it was fucking cool as shit. I figured I wouldn't focus too much on that- better to live in the moment and absorb/expel all the energy you can during a NIN show... I'll see it in full detail when whatever blu-ray release they're undoubtedly planning comes out. They've gotta be the best band in the world, as they were 5 years ago when I first saw them. Holy shit.

klyrish
11-14-2013, 10:33 AM
I really, REALLY hope there's a Blu-ray/DVD release of this tour (there has to be...right?) and I hope it has In This Twilight + Into the Void as those were really the only songs I'm truly disappointed that weren't played last night.

Maybe it's just that I'm older now, but the whole time last night, I was really enjoying the fact the overall feel of the show was MUCH more mellow than tours past. 25 year old Kyle in 2009 would've been bored and pissed, but I really think the set was fantastic (barring the absence of those two previously-mentioned songs). The lights were just...man, I still can't get over it. I LOVED how they got all distorted during the heavy bass booms of "The Big Comedown." Just...everything about last night was fantastic. I'm so glad I spent the insane amount of money I did on those tickets. This was my 14th time seeing them and it ranks up there as tied for my favorite with the first time I ever saw them in the small club tour on 5/6/05 in Chicago.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the show or smiling about how much fun I had since leaving 1stBANK Center. :D

DrFink
11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I have seen NIN five times and this was the best show I have seen yet. The set was amazing, they sounded great, and the show production was the best I have seen. I felt like my eyes were melting and at some moments I found myself just standing there with a smile on my face. I wasn't surprised they played as much new stuff as they did, but I didn't recognize a whole lot of it because I have still only listened through Hesitation Marks once. I thought the songs sounded better live than on the album. And I must say, I really loved the backup singers. I was nervous and skeptical going in when I saw there were female backup singers but it worked. I loved it so much.
I loved how they played "A Warm Place" and "Somewhat Damaged." And I guess Trent wasn't kidding when he said he was tired of playing "Closer." This is the second show in a row that I have seen that song wasn't in the set. The only song I was really hoping to hear because I have never heard it live was "Down in It." Maybe next time :(

Explosions in the Sky was another opening band bust, imo. Holy crap, they were boring. I almost fell asleep. My friend nudged me and we decided to just walk around the venue while they were playing.

DrFink
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
And the setlist (via HeyReverb.com):

Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Various Methods of Escape
The Frail
The Wretched
Satellite
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
The Day the World Went Away
Even Deeper
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

10 out of the 14 tracks from Hesitation Marks were played.

klyrish
11-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I LOVE how the HM songs sound live. As is just about always the case, the songs were sooooo much better live than the studio.

And I gotta say, it was so unbelievably refreshing to have had some of the previous staples retired or at least in hiding. I'm so happy that there was no Closer, Burn, Sin, Suck, Letting You, Gave Up, etc. It was nice a lot of newer songs and lesser-played songs got their time.

dishevelled
11-14-2013, 02:56 PM
They didn't play The Wretched or TDTWWA. Also pretty sure they did not play Satellite. I felt it was a bit HM-heavy. I was on the rail almost directly in front of Trent and there was no crush whatsoever for the first two songs; lack of energy, I think, because many fans are still getting accustomed to his newer work.

How could you forget SANCTIFIED? There was another Fragile song that they played ... I think it was No, You Don't, but I can't quite remember.

brianblank
11-14-2013, 04:05 PM
My recording from last night is up on DimeADozen: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=472017

Enjoy,
Brian

ecirb
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low [Closer snippet at end]
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Various Methods of Escape
Sanctified [Altered version]
The Big Come Down
In Two
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

All the Love in the World
Even Deeper
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

klyrish
11-14-2013, 04:14 PM
My recording from last night is up on DimeADozen: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=472017

Enjoy,
Brian
Oh man...your recordings have long been favorites of mine. I can't wait to hear this after work! Thank you in advance!

DrFink
11-14-2013, 05:37 PM
They didn't play The Wretched or TDTWWA. Also pretty sure they did not play Satellite. I felt it was a bit HM-heavy. I was on the rail almost directly in front of Trent and there was no crush whatsoever for the first two songs; lack of energy, I think, because many fans are still getting accustomed to his newer work.

How could you forget SANCTIFIED? There was another Fragile song that they played ... I think it was No, You Don't, but I can't quite remember.

Yeah, the set list HeyReverb posted is incorrect. It has been fixed on their website and ecirb posted the correct list.

That other guy
11-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Didn't go to this show myself , but the pictures posted on this site are awesome:

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2013/11/13/nine-inch-nails-at-the-1stbank-center-in-colorado/81021/#name here

Usedtohaveaporpoise
12-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Incredible show. I was apprehensive about the HM material, but it totally clicked live. and now I have a greater appreciation for the album. Crowd was eerie though...We were on the rail right in front of Robin and didn't even get brushed from the people behind us. however, when I looked back it seems insane. so I guess we had a good phalanx around us ;) Explosions in the sky were talented, but tedious. We started taking bets on when songs would end...made up for the lack of excitement.