View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Pages : [1] 2

Toadflax
10-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Didn't see this posted yet. Go get you some free tickets:

http://1iota.com/Show/1/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live

Deepvoid
10-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Nice! This should be good. Glad they picked Kimmel.

WorzelG
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Brilliant - at last, hope this stuff will be viewable in the UK at some point, not at the time obviously

tony.parente
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
What a strange occurrence .

...What?

heavenly_bearded
10-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Full on tension production on that little stage, nice

Toadflax
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, probably won't be full production, but having a pro-shot anything with the full 8-piece will be nice. Hopefully they drop an All Time Low or In Two instead of just sticking with the hits.

Avarik
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
How early do we really need to be there to get in? Anyone been to a Jimmy Kimmel thing before?

butter_hole
10-28-2013, 03:44 PM
isn't this literally the first time NIN has ever done a late night show? and apart from that 2005 UK show, the first time anything like this has happened?

Deepvoid
10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
isn't this literally the first time NIN has ever done a late night show? and apart from that 2005 UK show, the first time anything like this has happened?

I would believe so.

howdidislipinto
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
How weird and unexpected.

Just booked 2 tickets and was about to ask how guaranteed they are, but I scrolled to the bottom and read that they overbook the show, so there's the answer. Should be interesting!

Paper Street
10-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

What the fuck.

Ok! I'm on board.

imail724
10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Wish it was Fallon rather than Kimmel, because of the whole geography thing :(. Wonder if this will become somewhat of a trend and they'll play other late night shows...

m15a
10-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Full on tension production on that little stage, nice

it's going to be a unique setup.

translation: they're going to play "happiness in slavery" and TPD at the same time almost definitely. :p

billpulsipher
10-28-2013, 04:29 PM
it will probably be CBH and that's it....don't expect anything groundbreaking...

howdidislipinto
10-28-2013, 04:37 PM
it will probably be CBH and that's it....don't expect anything groundbreaking...

I think it'll be more than one song -- one song and they'd just perform inside like any other act. They wouldn't setup the outdoor stage and everything.

Corona Radiata
10-28-2013, 04:42 PM
it will probably be CBH and that's it....don't expect anything groundbreaking... Usually bands play 2 songs on Jimmy Kimmel. I'm thinking Came Back Haunted + classic a hit. Maybe Hurt. The performances will be uploaded to JKL's youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyKimmelLiveMusic

ray9x
10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
at past kimmel shows, the band will perform 5-6 songs, of which 2 will be aired :)

hope to meet a few of you there!

Akahige
10-28-2013, 04:48 PM
All Time Low would be nice, it works very well with the 8 piece ensemble

captainbeyond
10-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Usually bands play 2 songs on Jimmy Kimmel. I'm thinking Came Back Haunted + classic a hit. Maybe Hurt. The performances will be uploaded to JKL's youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyKimmelLiveMusic

Usually they do play at least 2 or more songs but the television broadcast will only show 1 song plus maybe a brief part of a following track as credits roll. It always pisses me off that they do that.

jessamineny
10-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Poor Letterman.

heavenly_bearded
10-28-2013, 05:10 PM
You guys are silly. obviously they are going to play Everything :)

WorzelG
10-28-2013, 05:11 PM

When you say '2005 UK show' do you mean the CD:UK one or have I missed something? (they may as well have played Cbeebies, that was such a bizarre choice of show)

Krazy
10-28-2013, 05:28 PM
W
T
F
?

Always thought TR would stay away from stuff like this. Columbia?...

Wish it was Fallon rather than Kimmel, because of the whole geography thing :(. Wonder if this will become somewhat of a trend and they'll play other late night shows...

Fallon fucking sucks dried-up donkey sack, the next time he does or says anything funny will be the first time. Seriously- who does this guy blow in Hollywood to have the "success " he gets?

/fallon_rant]

at past kimmel shows, the band will perform 5-6 songs, of which 2 will be aired :)

hope to meet a few of you there!

APC was on there a few years ago. Ii think they did 2-3 songs, and 'Weak and Powerless' aired during the show.

and EDIT: Easy to assume songs will be from HM so my personal hope would be 'Copy of a", summer festivals style.

otnavuskire
10-28-2013, 05:36 PM

What time did Dance Party USA air? :)

LOVEANDZOMBIES
10-28-2013, 06:09 PM
You know Kimmel often broadcasts from a venue, I wouldn't be surprised if it was full production, or at least a hybrid. Something like All Time Low or Satellite that really demonstrates the depth of the rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQzjavbmWk

suprefan
10-28-2013, 06:11 PM
You know Kimmel often broadcasts from a venue, I wouldn't be surprised if it was full production, or at least a hybrid. Something like All Time Low or Satellite that really demonstrates the depth of the rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQzjavbmWk

It's not going to be from a venue of any sorts. It will be on an outdoor stage thats behind the studios they film. They have a crap ton of lights as it is, if they add some things, cool, but I would never expect there to be a full stage show just for 30 mins.

Christo
10-28-2013, 06:15 PM
It DEF won't beat this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAJgk0tNk8

sick among the pure
10-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Damn, would have loved to see NIN on The Daily Show or Colbert Report instead.

Binky007
10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Thank you so much for the heads up. I'll see you there.:o

Toadflax
10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I was at the APC show. They played 4 songs if my memory serves, one and a half of which aired. Sometimes they make the whole performance available online.

Getting in wasn't bad- if we're there by 5-5:30, we should be okay. It depends just how overbooked they are, I guess.

Toadflax
10-28-2013, 06:29 PM

My god who are these emo assholes?

Scarlet Siren
10-28-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm going as someone's +1! :D :D I fucking love him for asking me!

This is on the day I arrive in LA. My flight is 15 hours, I arrive at lunch time and I'm heading straight over! This is going to be pretty surreal!

I hope Everything is played....

Akahige
10-28-2013, 06:41 PM
You guys are silly. obviously they are going to play Everything :)This actually would be a good venue to premiere the song.

OSLIN
10-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Sellouts!!!

Alvetica
10-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I haven't been to a JKL taping before. Does the audience for the show get to go outside for the concert, or are they totally separate? They get to stand in the back after the concert crowd is let in.

Ryan
10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Hopefully they play and air Everything (Autolux Remix).

Conan The Barbarian
10-28-2013, 07:47 PM
When rammstein played, they showed du hast. But they performed feur frei and ich will I believe.

So kudos to those who make it.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
10-28-2013, 08:09 PM

OMG. Where to start... This is so great on so many cynical levels. Trent in supercool sunglasses, Aaron looking bored as shit during the breakdown, and all the TRL style camera zooms and cuts.. That said, I hope the Kimmel appearance actually appears to look like NIN.

Frozen Beach
10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Will Trent EVER appear on Colbert Report? I'd punch a Lion in the testicles to see that interview.

Halo Infinity
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Now all that's left is to see Nine Inch Nails show up on David Letterman, Howard Stern and/or Opie & Anthony. (I'm also sorry if that's a horrible idea to some, or even a lot of you, but I'd also like to see how that would go if such a thing were to ever happen in this lifetime.) Copy Of A and Came Back Haunted also seem very likely to be played.

nooneimportant
10-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Now all that's left is to see Nine Inch Nails show up on David Letterman, Howard Stern and/or Opie & Anthony. (I'm also sorry if that's a horrible idea to some, or even a lot of you, but I'd also like to see how that would go if such a thing were to ever happen in this lifetime.) Copy Of A and Came Back Haunted also seem very likely to be played.

I feel like Trent and Howard Stern could have an interesting conversation. I love Stern's interviews, so having Trent on there would be really cool. I know Howard likes some NIN.

I'm aware Trent has given interviews in the past of a similar nature, but still.

Krazy
10-28-2013, 09:05 PM
I feel like Trent and Howard Stern could have an interesting conversation. I love Stern's interviews, so having Trent on there would be really cool. I know Howard likes some NIN.

I'll admit to not listening to Stern in awhile, so I don't see that one going over too well with how Trent's personality is now. This is assuming Stern still pokes and prods, acting like a trolling dick.

If he's changed then color me shocked.

Conan The Barbarian
10-28-2013, 09:39 PM
So people still think Trent reznor doesn't have a sense of humor? I'm sure he would be great on Howard.

billpulsipher
10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Stern has been doing a lot more serious in depth interviews with musicians lately. He seems to be taking his music interviews 9999999999 times more seriously than in the past. If he did a sit down with Trent it would be a thousand times more interesting than another interview with that clueless idiot zane lowe

Arkadin
10-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Stern actually said he liked the new album-first really positive thing he has said about a NIN album since TDS. But I don't think the interview will ever happen, because TR will not want to revisit the Courtney Love thing. Can't say that I blame him. But yes, it would be one hell of an interview.

maryelle
10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
LOL they're using a picture from like a hundred years ago. I cannot understand what is wrong with these media sites that don't seem to be aware of "the google" yet.

Also I am jealous and hate all of you who get to see this.

Krazy
10-28-2013, 10:04 PM
So people still think Trent reznor doesn't have a sense of humor? I'm sure he would be great on Howard.

Honestly you can aim that comment on me- I haven't listened to HS in years to be honest, so was wondering if he still had the same schtick (aka shock jock). With that in mind I can see the convo eventually going like this:

HS: So how's it being off drugs?
TR: Great actually, really opened up my eyes.
HS: Don't you want some right now though?
TR: I'm good, thanks though.
HS: Seriously, I've got some for free right now... :Robin (not Finck) snickers in the background: TR storms out of the room.

I could be completely wrong on how Stern is these days, it's just how I remember him back in the day and the shit got old. If he's grown up a bit fill me in!!!!

<------ should listen to Stern one of these days to find out for self

maryelle
10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
My god who are these emo assholes?

I think Trent musta lost a bet and had to wear those glasses with a straight face for the whole set.

nooneimportant
10-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Honestly you can aim that comment on me- I haven't listened to HS in years to be honest, so was wondering if he still had the same schtick (aka shock jock). With that in mind I can see the convo eventually going like this:

HS: Seriously, I've got some for free right now... :Robin (not Finck) snickers in the background: TR storms out of the room.

I could be completely wrong on how Stern is these days, it's just how I remember him back in the day and the shit got old. If he's grown up a bit fill me in!!!!

He's not like that anymore, he's mellowed out and would probably talk to Trent about the rehab process and whatnot more than poke and prod at it. I've heard him have some really interesting convos that covered some serious topics, and it was pretty damn good. The guy isn't on terrestrial radio anymore so he's lessened the whole shock jock thing and has just decided to not be too over the top.

Hell, Stern even had a good interview with the Insane Clown Posse of all people. I don't really like their music, but that interview made me respect them and what they do, you know?

Charmingly Miserable
10-28-2013, 11:10 PM

Looking back on that now, it looks like Trent has a really bad wig.

captainbeyond
10-29-2013, 03:50 AM
For some reason, he sort of looks like Jim Jones...

Scarlet Siren
10-29-2013, 04:52 AM
I'd wear sunglasses too if I didn't want to make eye contact with a bunch of tweens and emos...

maryelle
10-29-2013, 08:18 AM
I'd wear sunglasses too if I didn't want to make eye contact with a bunch of tweens and emos...

You might be right; he might have won a bet and so got to wear them.

icklekitty
10-29-2013, 08:56 AM

That show aired at 11am on a Saturday. It was a chart show following a kid's TV show.

snaapz
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Interesting. I don't think TR has ever step foot inside of an American "late night" studio or been a guest. Why the change of heart? Obligation, Business or It's just the right time for him?

Either way, he deserves it and has certainty more than earned the spot.

tony.parente
10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Either way, he deserves it and has certainty more than earned the spot.

I don't think trent "earned" it.
I think it was forced into his lap.
This is kind of a downgrade for them to be honest.

Arkadin
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM

Stern hasn't been provocative like that since the early 90s. He reserves the right to ask any question/bring up any topic, but if the guest doesn't want to talk about it, Stern will move on-especially when there is no shortage of stuff to talk about. I guess that you missed the entire Artie saga, when Artie was on the show for several months while hooked on heroin. At times it was very ugly, and it had a very bad ending.

Conan The Barbarian
10-29-2013, 11:22 AM
We need a stern thread to not derail this one.

Corona Radiata
10-29-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't think trent "earned" it.
I think it was forced into his lap.
This is kind of a downgrade for them to be honest.

Playing late night shows is not a "downgrade". The most successful artists do it. Artists far more successful than NIN.

tony.parente
10-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Playing late night shows is not a "downgrade". The most successful artists do it. Artists far more successful than NIN.

I doubt Metallica, U2, Zeppelin, or Pearl Jam are going to be playing on Jimmy Kimmel.

jessamineny
10-29-2013, 12:19 PM
You know Pearl Jam just played Fallon, yes?

Corona Radiata
10-29-2013, 12:21 PM
I doubt Metallica, U2, Zeppelin, or Pearl Jam are going to be playing on Jimmy Kimmel.
Metallica have done Stern. Pearl Jam and U2 have done multiple late night shows. Led Zeppelin haven't been around for decades.

tony.parente
10-29-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm going to close my eyes, cover my ears and keep saying that nin doesn't have to resort to late night.

gorny540
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
This is so awesome ACL and Kimmel they're playing finally after 20+ years Trent decides to go on television

billpulsipher
10-29-2013, 12:38 PM
If he wanted to play Kimmel because he was a fan etc, then it's cool...problem is, the album is dropping fast and it reeks of Columbia forcing him to do it

Scarlet Siren
10-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Last year, Springsteen was on Jimmy Fallon performing (and there was Bruce Springsteen week) and Keith Richards was also interviewed by Jimmy Fallon as part of The Rolling Stones/Exile On Main Street week a few years back.

skullboy0
10-29-2013, 12:54 PM
While I would've preferred Live on Letterman or maybe getting Craig Ferguson to do a "Trent Reznor night" interview/performance, or even a Saturday Night Live appearance, I have no problem with them doing a performance that will air on Jimmy Kimmel.

It could be worse, they could be licensing out the songs to anybody with a check, "Copy of a" to a photocopier company, "Came Back Haunted" to Party City for Halloween, "Find My Way" to Garmin, "Satellite" to either DirecTV or a home surveilance company, "Running" to Nike.

Corona Radiata
10-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I just can't wrap my head around anyone who sees this as a bad thing. We're getting proshot footage of NIN people.

m15a
10-29-2013, 12:59 PM
i agree that this isn't something that NIN just "earned" or whatever. but, eh, fans are excited about it, hopefully some non-fans will be interested, maybe it's no big deal to trent and the band. i don't think there's much evidence that columbia is forcing them to - not that there would be. it's possible, but maybe columbia just made the suggestion, or maybe jimmy kimmel asked trent directly, who knows.

and if columbia did require NIN to do it, is it really a big deal? NIN are required to do a certain number of concerts, too, due to financial constraints. (as trent said in interview, they have to do a few months of touring to justify developing the production, etc.) there's always the business side of things. most of us probably wouldn't know of NIN if trent wasn't willing to embrace that and (maybe with some failures) have some success in it. compared to most groups, NIN is pretty mainstream (from the business side).

jessamineny
10-29-2013, 01:16 PM
and if columbia did require NIN to do it, is it really a big deal? NIN are required to do a certain number of concerts, too, due to financial constraints. (as trent said in interview, they have to do a few months of touring to justify developing the production, etc.) there's always the business side of things. most of us probably wouldn't know of NIN if trent wasn't willing to embrace that and (maybe with some failures) have some success in it. compared to most groups, NIN is pretty mainstream (from the business side).

I don't believe NIN will make money directly off this concert -- I believe they're each only paid musicians union scale.

And isn't the contract with Columbia more like a licensing agreement than a traditional contract? (HM is Null Corporation under license by Columbia.) I'd think there are very few things Columbia can make him do.

OSLIN
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I agree with jessamineny.
I'm just pumped to see them on T.V. I hope they play Copy of A/All Time Low. I know they will play CBH. Then maybe an old classic like Terrible Lie/Wish.

JonCh101
10-29-2013, 01:35 PM
If getting on late night helps NIN earn a few more fans and sell more tickets then why not. I would like to see them live a few more times before he stops touring again so whatever needs to happen to keep that going im down with.

BRoswell
10-29-2013, 01:41 PM
What a bunch of hipsters around here. "Late night television is SO mainstream. What is Trent thinking?" I'm sorry. I forgot Nine Inch Nails is an indie club act.

butter_hole
10-29-2013, 03:48 PM
That show aired at 11am on a Saturday. It was a chart show following a kid's TV show.
i didna say that was a late night show. okay, a "TV APPEARANCE", then.

but it's actually the 3rd time it's happened, so yeah either way.

howdidislipinto
10-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't think late night TV is a bad thing.

I do think it's a shame NIN didn't do Fallon. Regardless of any actual opinions on Fallon (or Fallon vs. Kimmel), Late Night does get the cooler bands and the cooler performances (especially if The Roots work their way in). Kimmel seems weirdly out of place. Then again, I have no idea what ratings are for either of them, so maybe Kimmel makes way more sense as far as exposure.

Plus, why the hell am I complaining? I might get to go to this, I ought to shut the frak up.

clearside
10-29-2013, 05:54 PM
I was really surprised that this was happening since NIN is better than shitty late night tv shows but who gives a fuck. At least it is a full blown stage and not the corner of the sound stage and so IMO that makes it 100% better.

My thought is this: Is Tension 2013 completely sold out? I was at the Detroit show and it was not... and i don't think the Staples center show is sold out either (i thought they would have sold out almost everywhere.) Given the enormous size of the tour and the costs of 8 piece band and the sheer man power... i wonder if they kind of have to go down the "Late Night" road to raise awareness that they got a great new album/tour. At the same time i kind of think that may pull out some of the big production stuff to get the excitement up?

What do you guys think?

(full disclosure i just scored greenroom passes for this... extremely excited)

Halo Infinity
10-29-2013, 06:29 PM
What a bunch of hipsters around here. "Late night television is SO mainstream. What is Trent thinking?" I'm sorry. I forgot Nine Inch Nails is an indie club act.
It kind of makes me wonder what it would have been like if Trent Reznor visited David Letterman and Howard Stern any year(s) between 1994-2000. We'd probably have lots of those clips being posted around here by now. :p

And yeah, I don't recall Trent talking about abstaining from such things due to artistic integrity/reasons/purposes/standards. He just wasn't interested in interviews, but did some of them occasionally on MTV. I actually saw a picture of him with Jon Stewart on The Jon Stewart Show, but that was only backstage with Marilyn Manson, and only Marilyn Manson showed up on the actual show.

Scarlet Siren
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I get to see NIN perform. I don't give a flying fuck what it's for! I'm HAPPY! :D

orestes
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
There's a lot of needless bitching going on here.

captainbeyond
10-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I could actually easily picture the Self Destruct era band on a late night show in the 90s. Weird that it didn't happen.

This is promotion. Its not selling out or resorting to anything. Its an awesome form of promotion. Its not like they're doing the halftime show at a sporting event.

nooneimportant
10-29-2013, 07:32 PM
I could actually easily picture the Self Destruct era band on a late night show in the 90s. Weird that it didn't happen.

I'm pretty surprised it never happened aswell. I can easily imagine them on an early Conan O'Brien, playing March of The Pigs then destroying their instruments, followed by Conan going "Wow, that was something."

marodi
10-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Poor Letterman.

HOW ABOUT THEM NINE INCH NAILS???

I swear I still hear him say that. He's been waiting since Woodstock for it to happen. Dave definitely needs a hug...

thevoid99
10-29-2013, 09:15 PM
I want NIN to do Letterman and Fallon. That's all. Not Jay Leno. He sucks ass.

littlemonkey613
10-29-2013, 09:17 PM
God fucking dammit as soon as I don't pay attention to NIN news for a week I miss shit like this. If anyone has an extra tic they aren't using hit me up and I could meet you there. I entered the lottery after it was sold out and only 10 people are selected so its probs not happening.

gorny540
10-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Now that the pandora's box of playing on television is open, they should definitely do a live-on-letterman concert, something that has a lot more integrity than just playing on the Jimmy Kimmel Bud Light Stage (not complaining, I love that I will see them on TV for the first time in my life)

martin_b
10-30-2013, 04:33 AM
Great news! I really like this show. But I still hope that TR will be interviewed by Jimmy someday (and maybe Jimmy will do some cool video, which will make fun of TR *). :-)

* - as Kimmel does it in case of almost every guest.

icklekitty
10-30-2013, 07:52 AM
There's a show here called Later with Jools Holland. It airs at 11pm once or twice a week and is all about performances by "artists" - some obscure, of all genres. I have no idea how NIN have never been on that.

WorzelG
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM
There's a show here called Later with Jools Holland. It airs at 11pm once or twice a week and is all about performances by "artists" - some obscure, of all genres. I have no idea how NIN have never been on that.

To add to this, when I checked out Pino Palladino's wiki entry, he used to play for the Jools Holland band

WorzelG
10-30-2013, 02:19 PM
If he wanted to play Kimmel because he was a fan etc, then it's cool...problem is, the album is dropping fast and it reeks of Columbia forcing him to do it

If Columbia can force him to go on a late night chat show, I hope they can force him to release that Everything video at some point

Alvetica
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Seeing Jane's Addiction at Kimmel tonight.

Scarlet Siren
10-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Seeing Jane's Addiction at Kimmel tonight.

I'm jealous. I wish they'd comeback to the UK. Haven't seen them since 2011 :(

Have a great time!

thevoid99
10-30-2013, 03:55 PM
I already got my DVR set to record for that one night.

billpulsipher
10-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty surprised it never happened aswell. I can easily imagine them on an early Conan O'Brien, playing March of The Pigs then destroying their instruments, followed by Conan going "Wow, that was something."
I vaguely remember Slipknot playing Conan during the Iowa tour...and that's basically what happened

icecream
10-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I could see them doing it a week or so before/after the album came out. But two months after... sounds like Columbia wants a sales boost

jessamineny
10-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Since when did TR stop being a businessman and become a record label victim again? :::yawn:::

That other guy
10-30-2013, 11:12 PM
anyone taking bets on set list?

Charmingly Miserable
10-31-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm gonna play it safe here:

Copy of A
Came Back Haunted
All Time Low
Survivalism
Hurt

icklekitty
10-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Setlist? Is this going to be different to the usual thing of wheeling the band out to play at the end?

nooneimportant
10-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Setlist? Is this going to be different to the usual thing of wheeling the band out to play at the end?

They will play a 4 or 5 song mini-set for the fans in attendance and about 2 songs will be filmed for TV. The 2nd song plays as the show rolls the credits, but the full version of the song goes up for viewing online.

Conan The Barbarian
10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
With the second song being cut off in the middle during the credits.

fillow
10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
prediction:

Came Back Haunted
All Time Low
Disappointed
Even Deeper
The Hand That Feeds

jessamineny
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM

Copy of A
Came Back Haunted
All Time Low
Terrible Lie
While I'm Still Here/Black Noise

ZASmusic
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
A lot of hip and very current (and older bit still awesome) indie rock bands do late night TV, like Fallon and Kimmel. NIN is in good company.

icklekitty
10-31-2013, 11:05 AM
^^ Really, these days, it's either that or the X factor for getting your promo on regular TV.

Halo Infinity
10-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Wishful setlist AKA "Yeah right!" And if it's going to be around 5-6 songs, then perhaps I'd like something like this.

Head Like A Hole
Down In It
Wish
March Of The Pigs
Closer
Copy Of A
Came Back Haunted

But realistically, it might turn out like this instead.

Copy Of A
Came Back Haunted
All Time Love
Satellite
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise

Or if there would be songs with some of his older works, it would probably be like this. (It's still hard for me to picture Wish, March Of The Pigs, and Closer being performed though, even though they could always censor those songs.)

Head Like A Hole
The Hand That Feeds
Survivalism
Echoplex
Copy Of A
Came Back Haunted

Scarlet Siren
10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HbHsl6A.png

Good luck :)

jubilee
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Keep up the exposure for sure!
I like how well publicized this album and tour has been, it means there is more content for us to consume!

icecream
11-01-2013, 01:11 PM
My guess: Copy of A, CBH, ATL, Wish, THTF

Volband
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Copy Of A - he just loves to open with it
Disappointed - best visuals
CBH - promo this shit
Survivalism - Because he won't play Wish!
The Hand That Feeds - this is the song he will even make people play on his funeral
While I'm Still Here - promo this shit some more

Oh yeah, and my Alice in Wonderland setlist:
All The Love In The World
The Fragile
Last
Discipline
Everything
Beside You In Time

Yes, this will TOTALLY happen, just wait and see.

Corona Radiata
11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Sidenote: The 7th is Robin's 42nd birthday! Those of you going should make a sign or something...

icecream
11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Copy Of A - he just loves to open with it
Disappointed - best visuals
CBH - promo this shit
Survivalism - Because he won't play Wish!
The Hand That Feeds - this is the song he will even make people play on his funeral
While I'm Still Here - promo this shit some more

Why won't he play Wish? I imagine he will play at least one pre-Fragile song. They can always censor the "fist fuck" part

Volband
11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't know, it's just a special occasion and it would be boring to not play at least one rarity. Sure, give the crowd the new stuff, give them at least one well-known song as well, but don't make it into a CopyOfA-Disappointed-FindMyWay-CameBackHaunted-Wish-HeadlikeAHole-Hurt show...

That being said I'd remove Survivalism, and replace it with "random rare track".

icecream
11-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I would have thought that it would be (assuming they are playing five songs) three new ones and two well known ones. The might mix it up and have Somewhat Damaged instead of Wish. I have no idea how these things work because I don't watch late night shows.

nooneimportant
11-01-2013, 06:58 PM
They'll probably play Came Back Haunted on the show, then The Hand That Feeds as the credits roll. Off air, the audience will probably get Copy of A and All Time Low.

Vertigo
11-02-2013, 01:46 AM
It'll be every version of Starfuckers back to back, mark my words.

Scarlet Siren
11-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Have winners been contacted yet?

I'm hoping to win a pair of tickets through NIN.com

The_Prowler
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
It's going to be the entirety of the Strobe Light album, start to finish.

powerpipe
11-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Really, really wish I could make it to this. And like another poster asked, have any winners been contacted yet?

LenaMHJBKZ2
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I didn't win the NIN.com tickets. They said winners would be notified the 1st and I didn't get anything so I'm assuming. I'm still waiting for a response from 1iota. Jimmy Kimmel and Staples Center the day after just makes for an amazing start for the weekend.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe they'll play Everything! But no, probably CBH and All Time Low or FMY

willgaspari
11-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah, guess it's safe to assume I didn't win either.

Scarlet Siren
11-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I think it's a bit weird no one has won via NIN.com (either here, NIN forums, Facebook pages etc).

WorzelG
11-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Ugh, I tried to watch a clip from a previous show online but there was a block on UK watching. Will this be put on YouTube by anyone do you think? Or is there something that gets around geographical restrictions?

Scarlet Siren
11-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Ugh, I tried to watch a clip from a previous show online but there was a block on UK watching. Will this be put on YouTube by anyone do you think? Or is there something that gets around geographical restrictions?

I use an extension/addon or whatever it's called to watch Jimmy Kimmel in the UK. I'm at work just now but I'll try and remember to let you know what it is when I get home.

WorzelG
11-06-2013, 07:28 AM
^^^thanks so much

jessamineny
11-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I use an extension/addon or whatever it's called to watch Jimmy Kimmel in the UK. I'm at work just now but I'll try and remember to let you know what it is when I get home.

Tunnelbear?

WorzelG
11-06-2013, 08:19 AM
^^Just downloaded tunnelbear and got it to work on a previous episode - thanks guys

Corona Radiata
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
The songs go up on JKL's music youtube channel.

sweeterthan
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Just play In Two and blow everyone's minds. COME ON. DO IT.

RJK
11-06-2013, 03:15 PM
The songs go up on JKL's music youtube channel.

Normally whatever song is played in full on the show and whatever song they play for a minute or so as they're going off the air.

Alvetica
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Normally whatever song is played in full on the show and whatever song they play for a minute or so as they're going off the air.

Yeah, usually just those two. The rest of the songs still have the camera crews out, but they don't get uploaded.

m15a
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM

you know, it's not impossible that they'd perform something pretty unexpected. playing The Fragile at the VMAs was kind of a similarly unexpected choice, right? (except for the fact that the album hadn't come out yet.)

billpulsipher
11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
mtv awards back when mtv mattered is alittle more significant than jimmy kimmel

screwdriver
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
you know, it's not impossible that they'd perform something pretty unexpected. playing The Fragile at the VMAs was kind of a similarly unexpected choice, right? (except for the fact that the album hadn't come out yet.)

if I recall right, that was actually a pretty last minute decision -- I think they were originally going to play WITT before he decided TO NEVER FUCKING PLAY IT EXCEPT AT ONE SHOW THAT ALMOST NO ONE WAS AT

littlemonkey613
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Yeah if they don't play Satellite, ATL or In Two they are fucking stupid ahhhahaha. VMOE also. There are so many amaaaazing tracks on this album that mainstream audiences would totally dig if they had heard the damn things. At least 2 of these songs should be performed on JKL

TheBang
11-06-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm certain the broadcast will be captured and uploaded in numerous other ways too that far surpass YouTube quality for your permanent viewing pleasure.

Scarlet Siren
11-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm in the departure lounge at Edinburgh airport heading to LA!

Really looking forward to this show. See you 'soon'!

icklekitty
11-07-2013, 06:27 AM
back when mtv mattered

1987?

[lorem ipsum etc]

maryelle
11-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Hoping the broadcast is taped (and anything else that might be able to be taped) - I don't have a TV and the place I usually go when I want to watch something is probably not available tonight.

slave2thewage
11-07-2013, 07:56 AM
if I recall right, that was actually a pretty last minute decision -- I think they were originally going to play WITT before he decided TO NEVER FUCKING PLAY IT EXCEPT AT ONE SHOW THAT ALMOST NO ONE WAS ATYou mean, 4-6 shows (depending on how you look at it)?

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking they will play 4 new songs and 2 classics (like Hurt or Black Bomb).

tony.parente
11-07-2013, 07:58 AM
or Black Bomb

Trents Sgt. Pepper.

screwdriver
11-07-2013, 08:42 AM
You mean, 4-6 shows (depending on how you look at it)?

my blind rage at never hearing the song that first got me into NIN shows

maryelle
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
BTW I haven't been to a JK taping but I've been to lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report, and they don't take unauthorized recorders lightly. They have a flood of interns who watch everyone like hawks - if they even see you writing something down once you're inside the studio, they descend upon you - when they say "no recording" they mean NOTHING, not even your observations before the show even starts. Then they station someone near you for the rest of the night to make sure you don't try it again.

suprefan
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Hoping the broadcast is taped (and anything else that might be able to be taped) - I don't have a TV and the place I usually go when I want to watch something is probably not available tonight.

Uh, yeah, I think everyone has their DVR set for this.

BTW I haven't been to a JK taping but I've been to lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report, and they don't take unauthorized recorders lightly. They have a flood of interns who watch everyone like hawks - if they even see you writing something down once you're inside the studio, they descend upon you - when they say "no recording" they mean NOTHING, not even your observations before the show even starts. Then they station someone near you for the rest of the night to make sure you don't try it again.

This isnt indoors, its outside. Here is where people are screwed if they think theyll get a nice camera or recording rig in. Metal detectors at the gate, plus they wand everyone. And no purses or bags above a certain size. So pretty much, you can have your phone and your wallet on you at this thing.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
First to reply can be my +1 for Kimmel tonight. You have to be able to be in Hollywood by 5:00 SHARP.

EarthsLastNight
11-07-2013, 02:17 PM
I'll be there tonight, hoping its a little longer set. Caught QUOTSA on Kimmel a few years back and it was a blast. Hoping tonight is going to be awesome.

mrspfotie
11-07-2013, 02:17 PM
While I would've preferred Live on Letterman or maybe getting Craig Ferguson to do a "Trent Reznor night" interview/performance, or even a Saturday Night Live appearance, I have no problem with them doing a performance that will air on Jimmy Kimmel.

It could be worse, they could be licensing out the songs to anybody with a check, "Copy of a" to a photocopier company, "Came Back Haunted" to Party City for Halloween, "Find My Way" to Garmin, "Satellite" to either DirecTV or a home surveilance company, "Running" to Nike.

Clever, clever, love it!

walkunafraid
11-07-2013, 02:55 PM
First to reply can be my +1 for Kimmel tonight. You have to be able to be in Hollywood by 5:00 SHARP.

Am I first? I really want to go to this can have no problem getting to Hollywood early.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Am I first? I really want to go to this can have no problem getting to Hollywood early.

DONE. PM inbound.

howdidislipinto
11-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I decided I couldn't miss a class I've already missed too much to go to this, so I hope IT SUCKS. Just kidding. Have fun. Assholes.

*ugly cries*

FULLMETAL
11-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I got a ticket for the taping and hopefully will make it outside for the concert!

Ryan
11-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I'd lol if he plays The Perfect Drug.

screwdriver
11-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I'd lol if he plays The Perfect Drug.
nah, he won't pull out something untested for a major TV appearance

just for fun, bets on -- CBH, ATL, Copy of A, HLAH, Even Deeper

Ryan
11-07-2013, 05:10 PM
How long from now approximately before we find out what's been played? i.e. how long before they perform?

Ryan
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
just for fun, bets on -- CBH, ATL, Copy of A, HLAH, Even Deeper

I'll join in...

1) All Time Low
2) Find My Way
3) All The Love In The World
4) Disappointed
5) Hurt

LenaMHJBKZ2
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Buzzkill, knowing I won't be at the taping. Midnight can't some soon enough.

howdidislipinto
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I think if anything debuts it would have to be Everything, I don't know what the point of debuting anything outside of Hesitation Marks would be. I too hope the "main" song (the one that makes it on air) is something surprising though and not Came Back Haunted. Feels like the album still hasn't had a proper second single, it's about time.

3po1nt0
11-07-2013, 06:11 PM
leaving in 35 mins for the taping (i work 2 blocks away) woo

Ryan
11-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I think if anything debuts it would have to be Everything, I don't know what the point of debuting anything outside of Hesitation Marks would be. I too hope the "main" song (the one that makes it on air) is something surprising though and not Came Back Haunted. Feels like the album still hasn't had a proper second single, it's about time.

I think this would be the best time to play Everything live, yeah.

m15a
11-07-2013, 06:20 PM
How long from now approximately before we find out what's been played? i.e. how long before they perform?

i think i saw the website said something like 5:45? it's 4:18 california time now. so 2 or 3 hours, i guess. (EDIT: yeah . . that's probably just when people need to get there.)

my guess is that one of the two songs on air will be something from the new album that showcases the (expanded) band . . maybe "all time low"?

that's my super-vague prediction. :D

3po1nt0
11-07-2013, 06:25 PM
NIN won't play until close to 8 pm pst

but the soundcheck will be soon and then we'll know what they'll play on air

Halo Infinity
11-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll join in...

1) All Time Low
2) Find My Way
3) All The Love In The World
4) Disappointed
5) Hurt
1. Copy Of A
2. Came Back Haunted
3. All Time Low
4. Satellite
5. While I'm Still Here
6. Black Noise

Or...

1. Head Like A Hole
2. Wish
3. Closer
4. The Hand That Feeds
5. Came Back Haunted
6. Copy Of A

allegro
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I gotta remember to stay up late tonight. NIN probably won't be on until around 11:30 PM here, Central time.

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't have any cable or anything yet, so I will be missing this. :(

JamesCmuse
11-07-2013, 07:01 PM
So I'm in NYC at the moment and my mother has Time Warner Cable, does anyone know what channel I can get this on? I haven't a clue..

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I dunno, but you should invite me over!

billpulsipher
11-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I think this would be the best time to play Everything live, yeah.

Everything is dead and buried... My guess is it will be 3 new songs, HLAH and Hurt...

JamesCmuse
11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Haha, I totally would if it was my place, but unfortunately I'm stuck with the company that is my mother and her husband. :(

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Toadflax tells me they're sound checking ATLITW. So pumped!

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
On to Various Methods. Sadly, I assume that means they won't play these songs tonight, but I'll take a soundcheck!

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
On to Various Methods. Sadly, I assume that means they won't play these songs tonight, but I'll take a soundcheck!

You never know VMoE might be the next single.

Ryan
11-07-2013, 07:30 PM
@Toadflax (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=669) tells me they're sound checking ATLITW. So pumped!

I was right!

Ryan
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Everything is dead and buried... My guess is it will be 3 new songs, HLAH and Hurt...

Grrr... so now the only live stuff we have of Everything is from a few seconds in the Vevo video documenting the tour, with it playing in the background.

Just like with that interview with Ilan, he was playing Demon Seed on the drums. That's the closest we've come.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 07:45 PM
They played Various Methods like four times. Now onto All Time Low. If this is really the set tonight, we are in for a fucking treat.

howdidislipinto
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM

At this point even if I hated Everything I'd be begging Trent to play it just to give you something new to talk about.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
They played Various Methods like four times. Now onto All Time Low. If this is really the set tonight, we are in for a fucking treat.

Four times, sounds like that might be the song we hear on air tonight.

Charmingly Miserable
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Soundcheck on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/gb24G2jqge/

Ryan Tollefson
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
That would be awesome if VMOE played on air. I'm will be very disappointed, hehe, if it's CBH or COA. I hoping for VMOE!

Amaro
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
ATLITW and VMOE would be sweet. No complaints.

dvdglss
11-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Uh pretty sure due to time constraints it will be one of the shorter songs. Guessing running. Highlight the while band well.

Ryan
11-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I wish Running would become less of a live staple.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 08:04 PM
VMOE is just long and mellow to be their on-air song. Certainly won't complain if that's it, though.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
VMOE is just long and mellow to be their on-air song. Certainly won't complain if that's it, though.

Kind of has that EDIETS vibe though, if it was the next single. Shows off what the new band can do live well also. I still have fingers crossed for Everything.

littlemonkey613
11-07-2013, 08:13 PM
@Toadflax (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=669) tells me they're sound checking ATLITW. So pumped!

wait wait you guys are lyin
is this a thing that has been rumored? am i missing something here?

That would literally be too good to be true. I won't accept it until I've heard it. And then I will die.

Edit: Wait has it been debuted yet? If they play it tomorrow im going to lose my shit

Also if Running is the on-air song, booo fuck that

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Edit: Wait has it been debuted yet? If they play it tomorrow im going to lose my sht

Yep, Youtube it, or just go back to the previous page and check out the videos.

misternegative
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I know we've all heard it quite a bit, but I honestly feel like 'Copy Of A' would be their best popular choice if they're gonna play a song off their new album for the airing (which they will, it'd be against the point of appearing if not). It's upbeat, not too edgy, shorter, and overall a good song for a live appearance (Came Back Haunted is too, I just don't want that to be the song they play.)

It'd be awesome if they debuted Everything though, this would be the place to do it.

sweeterthan
11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I think he should play everything (why not?) but I agree that the EDIETS vibe to VMOE makes it TV friendly.

redshoewearer
11-07-2013, 09:03 PM
So I'm in NYC at the moment and my mother has Time Warner Cable, does anyone know what channel I can get this on? I haven't a clue..

I'm in upstate NY so I don't know if the channels are the same down in the city, but it shows as ABC 13, WWTI for upstate.

allegro
11-07-2013, 09:03 PM
ABC, a major network channel. Mom should know the channel.

icecream
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Is it live? What time does it air?

Krazy
11-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Taped from earlier in the night I believe. Check your local listings, it's on ABC,since every time zone/city/country differs. It airs tonight though.

howdidislipinto
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM

I feel like there are way easier ways to find out when a major network late night talk show airs than asking us. That said, it's 11:30 for me.

allegro
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I feel like there are way easier ways to find out when a major network late night talk show airs than asking us. That said, it's 11:30 for me.
Yeah I guess we're spoiled by the "Guide" button on the remote :-)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/7u9y6uzu.jpg

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Vmoe, atl...

slave2thewage
11-07-2013, 09:27 PM
They're on:
http://instagram.com/p/gcDiZBsm_C/

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Sanctified!

Ryan
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Sanctified!

They opened with Sanctified?

ericy210
11-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Wait, do I watch kimmel or masters of sex?

Krazy
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Wait, do I watch kimmel or masters of sex?

Depends. Who's on Masters of Sex?....

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Came Back Haunted

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Sanctified!
That's somewhat surprising, keep these coming. I'm thinking we get VMoE in full on air still.

edit: Nevermind, looks like we're getting CBH.

Krazy
11-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Since we're playing the guessing game: one song will/should be with back-up singers, the other with the 6 piece band.

RJK
11-07-2013, 09:43 PM
That's somewhat surprising, keep these coming. I'm thinking we get VMoE in full on air still.

edit: Nevermind, looks like we're getting CBH.

Looks like everyone missed the post where he said they played Various Methods of Escape and All Time Low, then Sanctified and Came Back Haunted.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Hand That Feeds

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Of course.

Ryan
11-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Various Methods Of Escape
All Time Low
Sanctified
Came Back Haunted
The Hand That Feeds

?

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:50 PM
VMOE is the on-air song, All Time Low is the credits song, to clarify. They didn't film after that, so no full performance video like they used to.

Toadflax
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh, and THTF was the last song.

Sarah K
Well, that's really, really disappointing.

Ryan Tollefson
Yes, that is awesome!!! I just might have to stay up,and watch now!

Ryan
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Especially since they soundchecked All The Love In The World.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I guess that starts the VMoE is the next single discussion. I thought they would film the whole set for Kimmels YouTube channel.

frankie teardrop
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM

what did you expect?

RJK
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I guess that starts the VMoE is the next single discussion. I thought they would film the whole set for Kimmels YouTube channel.

I know for APC in 2010 on Kimmel that they only recorded the two songs for on air and then stopped recording. I can't speak for any other artists.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
what did you expect?
Black Bomb and Deep

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I expected to be able to watch the whole performance online. :(

Krazy
11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the updates Toadflax. Yeah, will probly catch this on the DVR rather than stay up for it. For those disappointed last time I saw JK for a band only one song was played as well so don't try to think this was mini-show or something. (aka NIN featuring special guest Jimmy Kimmel)

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I expected to be able to watch the whole performance online. :(

Just search those songs on YouTube and you'll find them.

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Someone said they only recorded the first two, right?

Am I missing something? Am I high?

LenaMHJBKZ2
11-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Usually for the Outdoor Concert Series, they'll show two songs and for the rest of the performance is online. At least, that's what I thought they've always done.

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 10:03 PM
VMOE is the on-air song, All Time Low is the credits song, to clarify. They didn't film after that, so no full performance video like they used to.

So... :( TENFUCKINGCHARACTERS

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes but @Toadflax (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=669) said they only recorded VMoE then a little of AtL.

Edit: Sarah beat me to it. Hey, beggars can't be choosers. So, VMoE? Is it the next single?

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I suppose. Any exposure is good exposure!

RJK
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Fairly certain he said they filmed all of the first two songs. ATL will play over the credits and then they'll put the whole thing on YouTube tomorrow.

Ryan
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Edit: Sarah beat me to it. Hey, beggars can't be choosers. So, VMoE? Is it the next single?

I hope so!

skip niklas
11-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure, but I think they usually only offer the rest of the song that gets cut during the credits in full online not the full set. The 2 songs selected are definitely better than what I'd presumed we'd get, but ATLITW and In Two would have torn it down, though.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 10:21 PM

Especially if it's indecent.

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 10:24 PM
We can only hope.

Alvetica
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
They sound checked All The Love In The World and 1000000. Would have loved to hear those properly.

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Especially if it's indecent.

We can only hope.

[Mod edit: Bad poster, bad!]

somethingelse
11-07-2013, 10:46 PM
It burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrns!

OSLIN
11-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Your retina or the area where the robe is so nicely draped.

suprefan
11-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Uploading the 3 non tv songs. Was in the front row, so good sound, but of course girls going ''wooo!'' should have Sanctified up in 5 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrGztZzhro

billpulsipher
11-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I said 2 weeks ago its a lame ass talk show, he's gonna play the radio friendly "hits"...Did people actually think he would come out and do WITT, TPD and I Do Not Want This???? This is what happens when you sign to a major label, TR is playing the game..Gotta give the execs what they want, and they want late night talk shows with radio friendly hits

Sarah K
11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
That isn't why I'm upset.

I was under the impression that the whole performance was going to be available online. It turns out it will only be two songs.

I AM NOT UPSET ABOUT THE SONG SELECTIONS.

Did I just miss out on this famous picture I've always heard about but never seen? GOSH

allegro
11-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I said 2 weeks ago its a lame ass talk show, he's gonna play the radio friendly "hits"...Did people actually think he would come out and do WITT, TPD and I Do Not Want This???? This is what happens when you sign to a major label, TR is playing the game..Gotta give the execs what they want, and they want late night talk shows with radio friendly hits
Please, Reznor is the king of promotion. He's selling a new record, why would he play old songs?

suprefan
11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
That isn't why I'm upset.

I was under the impression that the whole performance was going to be available online. It turns out it will only be two songs.

I AM NOT UPSET ABOUT THE SONG SELECTIONS.

Did I just miss out on this famous picture I've always heard about but never seen? GOSH

dont know what impression you were given, its never been this way for the ones done right behind the studio. If it was on the streets of Hollywood Blvd, where you got 10,000 people, thats another story. This isnt Paul McCartney back in Sept, where they streamed his hour long set online because it kinda had to be.

edit: Oh yeah, the poster was pretty bad ass. 77 printed, was fortunate enough to get one. Stoked.

suprefan
11-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Came Back Haunted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZ5qG_Jedg

BRH129
11-07-2013, 11:15 PM
I love TR, don't get me wrong. But...for the love of all things HOLY... someone please tell him to quit wearing those damn drop crotch pants. I feel like he's going to bust out into "Please, Hamma...don't hurt em..."

FULLMETAL
11-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't know the story behind this poster, but some people up in the front had them. There wasn't any mention of band merch inside the studio.

http://i.imgur.com/Z1GYgeFl.jpg

Ryan
11-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't know the story behind this poster, but some people up in the front had them. There wasn't any mention of band merch inside the studio.

That looks amazing!

suprefan
11-07-2013, 11:31 PM

Not for sale. The story behind it is that they do this now for bands that play outdoors now on Kimmel. So its maybe a poster like this was done for NIN, or a custom sign just for that performance. Again, 77 were printed, they barely handed out 10 of em to the crowd. And I saw some people who were on the side of the stage holding some. So pretty much VIP guests got the print and Trents camp.

Hand That Feeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjemlSa34W4

allegro
11-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Um ... Beavis .., this is really boring

MrSlfDstruct
11-07-2013, 11:38 PM
VMoE is one of my favorites on HM, and it's awesome live, but I can't see this blowing anybody away that isn't already a fan.

RJK
11-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I squealed when they showed the closeup of Alessandro.

gorast
11-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Well, that was horribly mixed, and not rearranged very well.

Granted, it's Kimmel and Kimmel sucks, but I'm still not happy with how that was handled at all.

VMoE usually sounds so good, too.

Soma
11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
They only showed VMOE from where they broadcasted here. A little disappointing after waiting through the talk show bits, but still pretty cool, nonetheless. I'm glad that some of you people caught the rest of the set!

allegro
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Granted, it's Kimmel and Kimmel sucks, but I'm still not happy with how that was handled at all.
I love Kimmel. Kimmel doesn't suck.

m0reta
11-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Sucks they only broadcasted VMOE but so cool in my opinion to at least get great view of the stage and what everyone is spending their time doing, ignoring the fact it's a setup for a late night show outdoors stage. :-D