PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall

october_midnight
10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Figured that this deserves a thread, as it's won over 80 awards at E3, GamesCom, etc. etc. and it's one of the games I've been waiting for since being announced. Dropped $60 on it with fingers crossed, and it's not bad...today's announcement is that the street date is March 11th, 2014. No comment on the TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR special edition.

FPS shooter with pilots and mechs "titans" from one of the co-creators of CoD.

Launch date announcement. (http://www.titanfall.com/news/launch-date)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goe6IB1DLZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTgtxnv61FM

Tums206_BFY
10-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Super Stoked for this game! My brother pre-ordered this for me a few weeks ago. Glad to see a release date finally out there. Guess the special edition comes with a statue of a Titan if you are interested in that.

I am playing most of games on PS4 and my brother on Xbox One but this is one of the games I am glad we are gonna have both systems for!

Space Suicide
10-22-2013, 01:01 PM
This is one of the games that indefinitely sold me on getting my Xbox One. I will be picking this up for sure. it was by far the most interesting and compelling game for me at this year's E3.

october_midnight
10-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Super Stoked for this game! My brother pre-ordered this for me a few weeks ago. Glad to see a release date finally out there. Guess the special edition comes with a statue of a Titan if you are interested in that.

I am playing most of games on PS4 and my brother on Xbox One but this is one of the games I am glad we are gonna have both systems for!

The Collector's Edition isn't worth it, as it's just a statue, poster, and book. Big deal, shit you'll look at once and never again. Some people are whining about why there's no DLC with it, but seriously...who gives a shit. Preorder DLC is so overblown...how many of these people are riding around in the fuckin' blimp from GTA V? Nobody? Shocker.

I will admit however, the statue is bonkers at 18" high. For $250, it better be, but still...

Kodiak33
10-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Looks cool, I will get it on PC. Probably will have to upgrade my video card next year (currently have a 2GB 6950).

Clownboat
10-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Who designed the statue? I can't find info on this, but if it's the same dudes that did some other CE statues out there, I'd genuinely be interested in this.

october_midnight
10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Interesting.

TitanFall confirmed as an Xbox One exclusive. Forever. (http://kotaku.com/forget-about-a-titanfall-port-for-playstation-in-a-con-1454335261?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Space Suicide
10-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Interesting.

TitanFall confirmed as an Xbox One exclusive. Forever. (http://kotaku.com/forget-about-a-titanfall-port-for-playstation-in-a-con-1454335261?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Neat and to the whiners (none here) - PS4 has exclusives too that will never grace Xbox consoles. Why is there no foul when they get exclusives as well?

october_midnight
10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
It will also be on PC of course, and one of the devs has already said that 'The next TitanFall will almost certainly be open for every console out there.'

ericy210
10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm considering this one. How do you think it's different than halo or destiny?

Jinsai
10-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Neat and to the whiners (none here) - PS4 has exclusives too that will never grace Xbox consoles. Why is there no foul when they get exclusives as well?

I think it's more the nature of the exclusive and how it was purchased from Electronic Arts, a title that otherwise almost certainly would have released on the PS4 as well had Microsoft not paid for it. That's a different thing than Halo or Uncharted.

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. It's business, this is how it goes, but I don't care about Call of Duty, so I'm not really interested in the creator's new IP. If anything, this is the kind of title that Microsoft should be securing exclusive rights to. They can have all the first person shooters, take all the Call of Duties, just please, this time around, don't run around buying the rights to obscure niche Japanese RPGs. That bothered me.

If this was my kind of game, I'd definitely be planning on buying an Xbox One.

Madmya
10-30-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm considering this one. How do you think it's different than halo or destiny?

It's probably closer to Call of Duty than Halo or Destiny. Call of Duty with mechs as your care packages.

october_midnight
11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Picture that shows the size of the CE statue.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/1459776_697098060301505_1564924168_n.jpg

Wretchedest
11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
As im nowblooking for an Xbox One this game is within reach. im curious to see how this pushes competitive shokters in the next gen. Its definitely the game to watch.

october_midnight
01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Respawn has confirmed that there will be no microtransactions (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-no-microtransactions/1100-6417313/) which is fine with me. Season Pass still up in the air, but probably since they haven't even announced any DLC (it's not even out yet so no bother).

The leaked closed alpha videos look downright insane for this game, and the fact that Respawn has been on record saying that it was just to iron out some kinks, and that the textures and graphics in-game were running at about 25% of the final product is bonkers.

Leaked alpha gameplay. (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x61p_tf_videogames) Same guy has a handful of videos.

Space Suicide
01-24-2014, 03:37 PM
A friend of mine got an alpha download code for Xbox One. He downloaded it and played it a few and told me it's an automatic day one purchase. I was going to anyways, since it was one of the major reasons I got an Xbox One, but him telling me solidified it further.

Rabbit
01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
This is definitely a system seller

Maury
01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
It's a good thing this is coming out for PC too because I don't want to buy an XBone.

october_midnight
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
16 multiplayer maps at launch. Also, despite Respawn's denial, apparently the Alpha textures are final. The usual internet nerds are whining like the silly little bitches they are, but the Alpha footage is still hot to me, so who gives a shit. The textures in BioShock weren't the best in the world and that game is still a crowning achievement.

Wretchedest
02-02-2014, 03:22 PM
I always thought of Bioshock as the point when games crossed the boarder into the last generation...
16 maps is great! I wonder what kinds of playlists theyll have...

october_midnight
02-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Mimimum PC specs released, beta very soon. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-minimum-pc-specs-revealed-beta-announcement-waiting-on-certification/1100-6417523/)

More gameplay videos. (http://honestgamesreviews.com/news/titanfall-alpha-gameplay-shown-off-by-a-naughty-youtuber/)

october_midnight
02-06-2014, 05:00 PM
360 version delayed two weeks until March 25th. Beta information coming next week, though already announced that it will be closed (codes required to enter). Signs still point to Feb. 14-19 as the dates.

october_midnight
02-14-2014, 04:36 PM
TITANFALL SERVERS.. Y U GO DOWN.

In other news, this game is bonkers.

Wretchedest
02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I got into the beta but i camt get past the main menu... Anything i can do?

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Server problems. Was down last night for apparently 7 or so hours :(

Just keep trying, or hit the blue X button to pick the next nearest server hub and try that one.

Already maxed out the beta level cap (only 14) and it's ridiculous how balanced this game is. You can rodeo any opposing titan, and get rodeod. If you do, just eject out and clip the pilot on your back, then jump back in...or vice versa. They've made a gem of a game, ugh it's so hot.

Wretchedest
02-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Got it to work. This game is incredible!

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
I like how when you're a pilot, you can see other cloaked pilots, but if you're in your Titan, you can't see the blur at all. They've done a great job of thinking of all the scenarios of combat.

Space Suicide
02-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Waiting for my beta code, which I probably won't get.

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 06:54 PM
That sucks. I had 5 lol.

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Beta being opened up worldwide for all Xbox One users before the end of the night.

Wretchedest
02-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Theyve done a pretty good job here of making the game fun even if you arent doing well. Also, fun and success are not contingent on whether or not you have a titan.

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 11:47 PM
True dat. I think that there's a good 75% of the time I put it to follow mode...seems to be a better strategy to run and gun with your giant bodyguard shooting too lol.

Space Suicide
02-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Theyve done a pretty good job here of making the game fun even if you arent doing well. Also, fun and success are not contingent on whether or not you have a titan.

I would enjoy it more if the kills for the grunts/spectres/AI actually meant something. They're just there to soak up bullets for shitty players which for some reason I am one in this game. I'm absolutely terrible. 150% terrible. I went negative every match and pretty much get killed by 4 bullets while people I shoot soak up a clip and still don't drop. My aim isn't shit but honestly, maybe my playing was off because it's late but I still found it fun enough minus the losses. I played 6 matches tonight. 3 Attrition, 1 Domination and 2 Last Titan Standing. I won one match all night. Lost every single other one. Looks like my luck of being on the losing team still follows me around. Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Transformers, Battlefield…I'm always on the losing team, almost every match. It's so frustrating.

I suck at the Titan gameplay so besides achievements, I doubt I'll ever touch that Last Titan Standing game mode.

True dat. I think that there's a good 75% of the time I put it to follow mode...seems to be a better strategy to run and gun with your giant bodyguard shooting too lol.

I've started doing that, it provides enough distraction and support to get gunfire away from you.

Tums206_BFY
02-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Not bad! Pretty fun game overall.

It has the COD influence can't denied that(not surprised of course) but I like the really fast pace of the game and how it plays even if I've been sucking it. I was playing with my buddy and we won like I think 3 or 4 matches in the 3 or 4 plus hours we played. Can't wait to see what the full version has in store. The two maps from the Beta were pretty good in size and what they offered. I need to def get better being in the Titan lol.

Btw love the after match sequence when you are either retreating or chasing the losers lol. Fun game def makes me excited for it. Didn't really have too many server issues. I agree with you Wretchedest even if you suck at this game it is still just fun.

Conan The Barbarian
02-16-2014, 09:07 AM
I had a good two games a bit ago. 12 pilot kills and 5 titan kills with just 3 deaths in one and the other I had about 5 pilot kills with 6 titan kills and 4 deaths.

March 11 cannot come soon enough.

october_midnight
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Running out of challenges to unlock haha, gonna be a bummer to have to do them all again.

Conan The Barbarian
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Agreed.

I can't wait to use different titans. This game. It may be getting some slack, but is fucking fun.

Wretchedest
02-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Certain burn cards let you play as the other chassis. Ive only been able to try the stryder but it was very fun.

Tums206_BFY
02-18-2014, 01:37 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind

Lol that's kinda crazy guess besides dealing with the human and bot element you might also have to deal with monsters. Also the Beta has been extended until tomorrow night I believe.

Wretchedest
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Finally go the Ogre burn card which led to a 7-4-0 game. Awesome stuff.

october_midnight
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah the Ogre is way better than the Strider...that thing's weak as hell.

Another pro tip: In Angel City, make for the rooftops immediately (especially in Attrition)...you'd be surprised how easy cloaking and firing rockets at opposing titans is...

Wretchedest
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Yeah the Ogre is way better than the Strider...that thing's weak as hell.

Another pro tip: In Angel City, make for the rooftops immediately (especially in Attrition)...you'd be surprised how easy cloaking and firing rockets at opposing titans is...

Angel city tends to be a constant fight for the rooftops until titanfall because you can fun anybody up from those really high ones.

I actually like the strider because i play in a way that requires me to bail all the time, so three boosts and extra speed is great... But that ogre lasted forever, in part because i got it at the start of the match. I didnt get a chance to see eithers abilities....

Conan The Barbarian
02-19-2014, 09:16 PM
So I had this really awesome moment in the game where I almost didnt make it.

I had to add commentary to describe what I was feeling at the moment.

http://youtu.be/eAvIdyYqyVo

Space Suicide
02-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Haha that's so good!

Wretchedest
02-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Ok, i kept trying to record my good matches but could only get xbox to record theblast 30 seconds of whenever i told it to record... Is there a way to go further. Ack? Ps4 lets me go hack fifteen minutes and take screenshots....

I had a match with 14 pilots 6 titans and 0deaths i really wanted to keep.

Conan The Barbarian
02-20-2014, 06:25 AM
When you say ' Xbox record that'. Once it starts recording , say ' Xbox snap game DVR". From there you can end the clip and have it capture up to 5 min.

I don't understand why they can't just give you an option to set a default time. I think a min should be default and edit whatever you don't need out.

october_midnight
02-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Prestige system is called 'Generations', 10 generations (for now of course) total, requiring a player hitting level 50 to initiate.

Info and pics of the badges. (http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/titanfalls-prestige-system-is-known-as-generations.1130/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=social&utm_source=tf)

Conan The Barbarian
02-20-2014, 12:09 PM
To be honest. The call of duty likeness is ok because it reminds me of the last good cod game( mw1) so it's not a bummer. Just hope the cod crowd stays where they at because this is more team based.

october_midnight
02-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Achievement List leaked.

http://titanfallblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tf-list.png

Also, while it could of course change, beta code diggers have found that you'll need to meet requirements to hit the next generation. For example, you hit Level 50, regenerate ('prestige'), and away you go....second time and the other times after that...hit level 50 AND meet the requirements before you can regenerate again. All requirements based on challenges (the five tiers you get bonuses for in-game like shotgun kills, distance traveled, etc. etc.) Good idea because it makes you use all the weapons more instead of just sticking with the same rifle all the time.

Requirements list. (http://titanfallblog.com/2014/02/21/new-details-emerge-on-generations-and-requirements-to-regenerate-pilot/) (too long to paste)

Space Suicide
02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Fairly easy list but some are entirely luck based and I hate when multiplayer achievements do that.

Either, I'll get massive G in this game. Wish those were real G's then I'd be happier, hah heh. Meh.

Rabbit
02-24-2014, 12:25 PM
TitanFall bundle will be $499. Doesn't include the titan fall controller but it will have TitanFall as a digital download for no additional cost.

Also, $50 price drop for the UK.

Good stuff.

Space Suicide
02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
TitanFall bundle will be $499. Doesn't include the titan fall controller but it will have TitanFall as a digital download for no additional cost.

Also, $50 price drop for the UK.

Good stuff.

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/027300.jpg

* Standard Xbox One console and Kinect sensor
* Standard Xbox One wireless controller
* Standard Xbox One Chat Headset
* Download code for a digital copy of Titanfall
* One month Xbox Live Gold membership

Deadpool
02-26-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm seriously considering the Titanfall Xbox One bundle.

Admittedly, the online-only nature of the game is a little bit of a turn off (there's absolutely no offline single player, correct?) but it still looks great.

Anyone else considering this bundle? Trying hard to justify it, but how much the does the Xbox One do that the 360 doesn't? I love my 360, and it's hard for me to imagine what else I'd want from it.

Conan The Barbarian
02-26-2014, 06:05 PM
You won't be putting your 360 away anytime soon so you have no worries. The deal is a steal seeing that you get a brand new game for free.

Wretchedest
02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm seriously considering the Titanfall Xbox One bundle.

Admittedly, the online-only nature of the game is a little bit of a turn off (there's absolutely no offline single player, correct?) but it still looks great.

Anyone else considering this bundle? Trying hard to justify it, but how much the does the Xbox One do that the 360 doesn't? I love my 360, and it's hard for me to imagine what else I'd want from it.

Im sure the X1 version looks substantially better. It looks great on mine, and theres no way 360 is going to produce those results.

Also, with these kind of games, there is just no reason to have a single.player. what usually amounts to a 4-5 hour single.player campaign pales in comparison to the hundreds you can pour into multiplayer.

Having both systems, if your looking to buy a next gen console, Titanfall is the only reason to go with X1 over ps4 if its a one or the other kind of thing. Ps4 is a little tighter, has much greater power and will have better exclusives as far as narrative driven single player games are concerned. From what I understand, theyre planning a similar bundle for the upcoming Infamous games.

october_midnight
02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Speaking of how it looks (which is near the bottom on the list of things I care about in a game haha), rumors abound that it's going to be scaled up on the One to 1080p.

Rabbit
02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Speaking of how it looks (which is near the bottom on the list of things I care about in a game haha), rumors abound that it's going to be scaled up on the One to 1080p.

Aren't all of them scaled up? Respawn squashed the native 1080p rumors already, it may end up 900p native because they have confirmed it will be higher than 720p. A locked in 60 frames per second is way more important to me than 1080p vs 720p (at least for shooters).

I know a lot of 360 users jumping on this bundle. There's just nothing else for shooter fans coming out like it. Destiny? i doubt it.

october_midnight
02-27-2014, 10:39 AM
A lot of them yeah. Frankly, it doesn't bother me too much...apparently graphics will be a step up from the beta and I found those graphics more than adequate...so it's all gravy.

Rabbit
02-27-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm ok with this game being 720p. I like to game on a 32inch and no higher, and my current tv is only a 720p anyway. Not in the mood to buy a new tv until next year.

october_midnight
02-28-2014, 09:27 AM
No microtransactions and no Season Pass. (http://titanfallblog.com/2014/02/28/titanfall-will-not-have-a-season-pass-and-still-no-microtransactions/)

Rabbit
02-28-2014, 10:48 AM
No microtransactions and no Season Pass. (http://titanfallblog.com/2014/02/28/titanfall-will-not-have-a-season-pass-and-still-no-microtransactions/)
Zampenella knows his shit. Respawn made Microsoft change multiple things, including the sensitivity of the thumbsticks and prob told EA to f/ck off in regards to this.

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Confirmed today that there actually will be a season pass, but hell it'll only be $30.

Rabbit
03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Sigh...... I hate hate this shit. It fragments the entire community. DLC was cool when it was rare and cheap. $30 seems like a lot. Fuck.

october_midnight
03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Nah, it's fine. And officially, only $25 (http://www.titanfall.com/news/season-pass-and-digital-deluxe) for three planned DLC packs, not to mention the free DLC they've already said they'll be announcing. Respawn will do right by us, and come on...it's only $25, that's chump change.

Rabbit
03-05-2014, 11:38 PM
it's really about the fragmentation that happens once a priced DLC comes out. i hope they space them out nicely at least.

october_midnight
03-06-2014, 12:30 AM
They're going to be known as 'Pod Drops' (the paid DLC, not the free stuff they're planning throughout), and the first is 'spring 2014', the second 'summer 2014' and the final in 'autumn 2014'.

Space Suicide
03-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm not gonna waste money on Season Pass. I'll just buy them when they come out. I'd prefer not to drop 30.00 at once. 5.00 isn't a huge saving to be crying about for not buying pass but buying all packs like I'm gonna.

brokenfragility
03-06-2014, 11:53 AM
25$ isn't chump change. I've barely scraped enough cash together to pre-order the game, much less spend 25 extra dollars.

october_midnight
03-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Finalized three paid days off in a row starting Tuesday with a few friends and plenty of drinks. Almost here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIUfZtmg68

october_midnight
03-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Also, a spoiler thread (http://titanfallforums.net/showthread.php?tid=703) with game clips of a few new maps, ziplines in action, screenshots, etc. Obvious spoilers.

october_midnight
03-08-2014, 06:15 PM
One of the reasons I'm not too interested in the Collector's Edition (besides the fact that who cares lol) is...well...

pic.twitter.com/r0isKd1Uik (http://t.co/r0isKd1Uik)

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET IT HOME.

october_midnight
03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
http://yourtitanisready.com/

Space Suicide
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
So peeps….less than a day away (Midnight Launch Parties here, though I'm not going).

I have most of you but if you don't add me: spaceSuicide

Party up for a 6 man party? I think Yay?!

Me, october_midnight and Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian
03-09-2014, 08:53 PM
I am down. But I wont be able to fully play till about 3pm Tuesday afternoon after work.

Rabbit
03-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Is best buy doing midnight launches ?

qotsa_1992
03-09-2014, 11:42 PM
I managed to get a copy early and I am not disappointed thus far...

Wretchedest
03-10-2014, 12:07 AM
down.

GT: aHiddenOctopus (subject to change...)

Space Suicide
03-10-2014, 01:01 AM
down.

GT: aHiddenOctopus (subject to change...)

I gotcha. Always forget that you originated here and not another forum.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Game's still got shit matchmaking. The other team was nothing but level 14-30 guys. Everyone on my team was rank 2 and under. Fun times. Went 2 and 11. First match. Great stuff. Not.

october_midnight
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
So hot. Level 10. Can't stop.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Picked up steam and managed to have some fair, fun games. Got to level 9, on the cusp of level 10 when the game shit the bed. Now I cannot log in to Xbox Live. Too many lazy assholes buying it on the Marketplace as opposed to buying a physical copy is probably jamming the servers. Hope this isn't a recurring issue on every single major game release from here on out.

october_midnight
03-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Level 21. Saw some dude on Gen 2 already? fml

Wretchedest
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM
looks like x box live is fucked right now, so i can't sign in.... yaaaay...

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Level 21. Saw some dude on Gen 2 already? fml

On another forum, I seen a screen cap of a dude on the 4th generation. I bet it was a hack or he was that much of a sad sack no lifer.

looks like x box live is fucked right now, so i can't sign in.... yaaaay...

Yeah, I'll probably take the time to step away and watch some DVDs. :p

Tums206_BFY
03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
This might have been better suited for the Xbox thread but it kinda has to do with this game.....I got the season pass for Titanfall and so did my brother but we both share the same Xbox One. If I have to download the content from the season pass when it becomes available does my brother get to use that lets say if he didn't have the season pass or is that all tied in to owning a season pass? Hope that makes sense lol just asking cuz if that's the case I rather him just keep the credited amount and I would use my season pass to download the future map packs.

Rabbit
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Hit best buy up after the gym to pick up the bundle, get home and have the box set up, try and log on and nothing. Xbox live is down for a lot of people.... This is fucking unreal. I'm livid.

and this shines a big fat glare on having everything stuck behind a paywall, I can't do anything on this thing short of popping a Bluray disk in.

Also , 500gb is NOT enough. These new consoles should've came with 1tb minimum. Fucking joke.

october_midnight
03-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Trying to squeeze as much as I can before my wife gets home haha. Level 33. The party don't stop.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 08:54 PM
This might have been better suited for the Xbox thread but it kinda has to do with this game.....I got the season pass for Titanfall and so did my brother but we both share the same Xbox One. If I have to download the content from the season pass when it becomes available does my brother get to use that lets say if he didn't have the season pass or is that all tied in to owning a season pass? Hope that makes sense lol just asking cuz if that's the case I rather him just keep the credited amount and I would use my season pass to download the future map packs.

Select games on the 360 worked when I had the season pass and my friends played on my console. Worth a shot?

Hit best buy up after the gym to pick up the bundle, get home and have the box set up, try and log on and nothing. Xbox live is down for a lot of people.... This is fucking unreal. I'm livid.

and this shines a big fat glare on having everything stuck behind a paywall, I can't do anything on this thing short of popping a Bluray disk in.

Also , 500gb is NOT enough. These new consoles should've came with 1tb minimum. Fucking joke.

I said this when they announced they'd both (Xbox One and PS4) have 500 GB. Both consoles thought 500 GB would last a lifetime? yeah, right.

Major Nelson announced it wasn't Titanfall's fault of the Xbox Live issue but I guarantee it is and they won't admit it flooded their servers too much to show that every major game release that's downloaded from here on out could potentially fuck the system.

I'm on my 360 now and it's flawless.

Trying to squeeze as much as I can before my wife gets home haha. Level 33. The party don't stop.

My friend has no issue and is on his Xbox One now as well. At least some people can play. *rolls eyes*

Wretchedest
03-11-2014, 09:06 PM
it's definitely fucking Titanfall. I don't know why they can't just admit it. Microsoft dedicated some of there own servers to this game. We aren't stupid...

Conan The Barbarian
03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Just to let everyone know, the game was sold early in some markets. Also, it is quick to level up so yea.

I haven't had problems at all. Yet again I didn't get to play till about 644 pm.

october_midnight
03-11-2014, 09:56 PM
It's super quick to level up...until about level 25 at which point it takes 2/3 games per level...then it starts to grind. Got to 35 before stopping. Hope there's no connection problems as I lucked out today.

Wretchedest
03-11-2014, 10:06 PM
ok. it works now. just in time to prevent me from punching something over dark souls 2

Rabbit
03-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Someone please answer me this: my gaming tv is only 720p native but can output 1080p. There's an option on the x1 for it to be at 720p or 1080p. Now, titanfall is currently only 796p or something right ? So is it wise to have the setting at 1080p? Or drop it to 720p?

Wretchedest
03-11-2014, 11:04 PM
The campaign: completely painful to listen to.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 11:47 PM
I have a serious issue with the matchmaking and lobbies in this game. Me and my friend joined a match where it was only us two vs a full team of 6 in a hardpoint Domination match. I stayed till Evacuation but that's still fucking bullshit. My team never got any new players and when it did, it was only one guy that would leave after he seen us losing by a shit ton. They need to fix that shit or I'm going to start leaving games and lobbies before the matches begin or finish. I wasted close to 8 minutes in that match for no reason and got barely anything to show for it before I quit.

Wretchedest
03-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Seems to me like theres at least twice the customization of COD...

Ive been loving it. Just played my forst two CTF games and I think its my favorite CTF. Its super fast, super frantic. Shits going on everywhere. Game is amazing.

Tums206_BFY
03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
The campaign: completely painful to listen to.

The Campaign is on, no pun intended I guess, autopilot. It would have been cool if depending if you won or loss things could change but it's really just whatever and has no point besides telling you some half assed story baked into multiplayer. Not that I expected too much from mixing the both when they first announced it but it could have been done a whole lot better or interesting. The only reason to play it is to unlock the two Titan classes.

Wretchedest
03-12-2014, 05:20 PM
The funniest part about the campaign is that the npcs keep assigning each other missions, and you have nothing to do with any of them. Its ljke being a D character in any other game.

october_midnight
03-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, it was a bit of grind to Regenerate the first time, but I pulled it off.

Wretchedest
03-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Is there any incentive to do that other than bragging rights? Like gear or anytbing? Ill probably just not...

october_midnight
03-12-2014, 11:40 PM
All you get is a card next to your level with a 1, 2, 3, etc for how many times you've 'Regenerated', and you get an XP boost...so now at Regen 2 I get 110% xp, then next time 120%, 130% and so on. Achievements/Trophies if that's your thing.

Wretchedest
03-13-2014, 02:24 AM
Do you have to earn chassis again?

october_midnight
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Yeah everything, all you keep is your Burn Cards. Also, to Regen the first time you just have to hit level 50, every subsequent time you have to hit level 50 and complete certain challenges. I believe it's to get you to try all the weapons, titans, etc. etc.

october_midnight
03-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, at level 41 on the way to Regenerating again, it is noticeably quicker once the maps are memorized and with the little XP boost you get, but damn the extra Regen challenges you've gotta complete look to be a pain in the ass. Just this 2nd one requires all the challenges for 40mm cannon (slow shooting Titan weapon) and the EVA-8 shotgun...both of which aren't my weapons of choice. I'm a 'give me all the bullets and extended magazines to go Godfather style on him' kinda guy. Satisfying seeing a shotty kill and seeing pilots scamper across walls and just making them pop with the 40mm cannon, but I can safely say when it comes to the other ones like sniper rifle challenges......it's gonna take me a long time lol.

Conan The Barbarian
03-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Besides a bigger online penis, what does regeneration give you? Because if its just to have a tag next to your name, its not worth restarting at all. I hate the idea of losing all my shit because of that.

october_midnight
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Other than the tag and achievement/trophy associated with it, faster XP each time (first time you do it, you'll start to earn 110%, then 120%, 130% and so on).

Rabbit
03-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Regent is stupid but it does make me a better player reusing everything again. I'm already beastly at this game, maybe too beastly . Does the matchmaking put you up against other regens? Maybe the competition is getting too light and I should start regening more often

october_midnight
03-19-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm not entirely sure of the matchmaking...I'm almost at Regen 4 and I think it might be a case of the game being out long enough now that more and more people are doing it, not to mention that most maps are pretty well known by now, that is making it more competitive?

Rabbit
03-24-2014, 05:11 AM
Jump kick melee is the best. It's up there with one of the best melees ever next to the reverse pistol smack in halo 1, and the shotgun elbow swipe from gears of war

Space Suicide
03-24-2014, 09:00 AM
and the shotgun elbow swipe from gears of war

I hate the two piece!

Rabbit
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I hate the two piece!
Best thing about the original gears. They reuned that franchise. Just as bungie created one of the most iconic fps weapons on accident with the original 3 shot pistol, epic stumbled upon the shotgun in gears 1. But unlike bungie which at least introduced another albeit weaker iconic gun in the BR, epic nerfed the whole thing. Once they decided to "fix" the game for gears 2 and make it play how they intended "pop up and out, shoot and take cover" it collapsed into mediocrity.

This is why I give guys like zampenella from infinity ward now respawn immense credit. "Cliffy b" was too stupid to realize what he had on his hands with gears 1 and subsequently went on to f/ck with the core formula. Z and those guys knew they had something special and sought not to tinker with that even when dropping giant mechs onto the playing field . the core of what made their games great are still intact

Space Suicide
03-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Best thing about the original gears. They reuned that franchise. Just as bungie created one of the most iconic fps weapons on accident with the original 3 shot pistol, epic stumbled upon the shotgun in gears 1. But unlike bungie which at least introduced another albeit weaker iconic gun in the BR, epic nerfed the whole thing. Once they decided to "fix" the game for gears 2 and make it play how they intended "pop up and out, shoot and take cover" it collapsed into mediocrity.

This is why I give guys like zampenella from infinity ward now respawn immense credit. "Cliffy b" was too stupid to realize what he had on his hands with gears 1 and subsequently went on to f/ck with the core formula. Z and those guys knew they had something special and sought not to tinker with that even when dropping giant mechs onto the playing field the core of what made their games great are still intact

I disagree. Gears 1 is fantastic, even now. Gears 2 is dogshit. Gears 3 is flawless and bets gameplay you'll ever get. Judgment was rehashed 3 with unnecessary tweaks.

Rabbit
03-24-2014, 06:07 PM
I disagree. Gears 1 is fantastic, even now. Gears 2 is dogshit. Gears 3 is flawless and bets gameplay you'll ever get. Judgment was rehashed 3 with unnecessary tweaks.
You disagree with what? Gears 1 is the only great game in that franchise. Gears two was so bad it didn't matter how improved gears 3 was, which was still no where close to gears 1. Gears 1 was perfect, all they needed were servers . Let's see if the franchise can be saved by Microsoft

Space Suicide
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM
You disagree with what? Gears 1 is the only great game in that franchise. Gears two was so bad it didn't matter how improved gears 3 was, which was still no where close to gears 1. Gears 1 was perfect, all they needed were servers . Let's see if the franchise can be saved by Microsoft

That you said after first game it became crap and mediocre.

Rabbit
03-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Servers are screwy again

Wretchedest
03-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Ah... The wonderful world of online only gaming, with absolutely no local multiplayer or custom matchmaking.

As a die hard gamer im use to this sort of thing, but when I bring my friends over and they ask if we can play Titanfall/Dead Space 3/whatever online together and the answer is "no". They get so confused and think its unquestionably stupid.

Rabbit
03-26-2014, 01:53 AM
Ah... The wonderful world of online only gaming, with absolutely no local multiplayer or custom matchmaking.

As a die hard gamer im use to this sort of thing, but when I bring my friends over and they ask if we can play Titanfall/Dead Space 3/whatever online together and the answer is "no". They get so confused and think its unquestionably stupid.
Well to be fair I remember this argument during halo 3. They insisted on keeping the split screen (rightfully so at the time) and the graphics suffered because of it . I'd rather have a better looking game than split screen gaming.

However, not even being able to do anything offline is a bit much

Wretchedest
03-26-2014, 04:06 AM
Halo 4 looks spectacular for multiplayer on that generation and features 4 way split screen and downright wacky levels of game customization. To a group of people hanging out in the same room, the slightly better game is going to.lose to the game with local multiplayer every time. And im a pretty big graphics advocate. Why do the big wigs wan to abandon this market? I dont think ill ever get it.

I love titanfall but some options would be nice.

Rabbit
03-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Halo 4 looks spectacular for multiplayer on that generation and features 4 way split screen and downright wacky levels of game customization. To a group of people hanging out in the same room, the slightly better game is going to.lose to the game with local multiplayer every time. And im a pretty big graphics advocate. Why do the big wigs wan to abandon this market? I dont think ill ever get it.

I love titanfall but some options would be nice. it had split screen online multiplayer ?

Wretchedest
03-26-2014, 03:58 PM
it had split screen online multiplayer ?

Yes it did.

Space Suicide
03-26-2014, 05:02 PM
I really, really enjoy the gameplay of Titanfall and I think the game is fun but only just after two weeks, I can honestly say that I am bored with. Shame.

Rabbit
04-01-2014, 02:17 AM
I really, really enjoy the gameplay of Titanfall and I think the game is fun but only just after two weeks, I can honestly say that I am bored with. Shame.
Really? I'm not. You can really master this game.

october_midnight
04-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Haven't played much before today. FINALLY got the satchel charge and plasma cannon challenges done so just a few more levels until Regen 4. What a grind that was haha.

Rabbit
04-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Haven't played much before today. FINALLY got the satchel charge and plasma cannon challenges done so just a few more levels until Regen 4. What a grind that was haha.
The next one sucks even worse. Just wait till you have to do the critical charge one. My advice is to do all the other ones first and then join Titan only matches and hop out of the Titan right at the beginning.... Have fun

october_midnight
04-01-2014, 09:59 PM
The next one sucks even worse. Just wait till you have to do the critical charge one. My advice is to do all the other ones first and then join Titan only matches and hop out of the Titan right at the beginning.... Have fun

Last Titan Standing is how I banged out the plasma cannon challenge. FML on the next one haha.

Rabbit
04-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Last Titan Standing is how I banged out the plasma cannon challenge. FML on the next one haha.
I'm gen 5 level 50 like a gazillion players out there because of the insane gooser challenge: kill 50 ejecting pilots. It's fucking bonkers.

The good news is Respawn has acknowledged it's craziness and will reduce it to 5, they said soon but it's yet to change. I can't fathom how some of these gen 6+ guys got through this challenge.

Ive tried this challenge for over an hour and have only managed 4 ( this includes the rodeo strategy where a pilot ejects right in front of you)

october_midnight
04-12-2014, 04:17 PM
First DLC 'Expedition' drops in May.

- Takes place after the campaign story.
- New map 'Swampland' with 'lots of tall trees that you can wallrun on'. Instead of bouncing back and forth, you can run around the tree as you go up. Lots of height to the map.
- Another new map called 'Runoff', lots of water.
- Another new map called 'Wargames' which is 'sort of TRON inspired'.

- In the future, 'more game modes and maps'. One new free mode is like a wingman version of Last Titan Standing (2 vs 2).

- Variants coming...for limited times (they think about a week or a day) where maps or modes may have limited changes, i.e. no grunts, double grunts, different things happening in maps, walls slightly moving, etc. etc.

- Weapon and Titan customization coming.

- New Titan themed burn cards (for weapons, abilities, etc).

- Possible spectator mode someday, as well as competitive rankings.

- Daily/weekly/monthly challenges coming, as well as bonus XP weekends.

- Later this year, there will also be a way to play on a team via hashtag or other ways via social media. If you meet someone online on Twitter, etc. you can enter the hashtag and it'll connect you with those people.

october_midnight
04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Official release:

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/prod.titanfall.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/TitanfallExpeditionArtB.png?v=1100rc7

In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra.

Titanfall Expedition is the first of three new content packs with each pack available for $9.99. For fans looking to get all three content packs while saving a few bucks, the Titanfall Season Pass is the way to go. Available for a one-time price of $24.99*, the Titanfall Season Pass is available for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC and delivers all three content packs as soon as they become available.

Space Suicide
04-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Is this just maps? If it's maps only and no new Titan classes or weapons this is fucking weak for a paid DLC.

Unsure if I want to buy. I might just take the free updates and whatever they give with them weapon wise.

Rabbit
04-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Hasnt dlC always been about maps? I'm confused on way people are still shocked by this. Maps DLC have been happening since halo 2 days when they were $8 bucks a pop

october_midnight
04-14-2014, 10:03 AM
As far as I know, yeah.

Space Suicide
04-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Hasnt dlC always been about maps? I'm confused on way people are still shocked by this. Maps DLC have been happening since halo 2 days when they were $8 bucks a pop

This is an online only game that's already wearing thin from massive gameplay time with 16 maps. 3 fucking maps for an online only game for 10.00 is a bad practice. Least with COD and Battlefield's overpriced map packs you got something else in them as well (BF you always you always get assignments and weapons and in COD you always get additional mode maps/levels) ontop of a single player (medicore or not) mode ontop of that. If Titanfall is an online only game and only coughing up 3 maps and that's it for paid, 10.00 a pop DLC, they need their heads examined.

I'm all for it if they include new weapons and Titans in that as well but from the impression I see, those will be free updates so far.

As far as I know, yeah.

Bleh.

Conan The Barbarian
04-14-2014, 02:12 PM
While I agree that 3 maps for ten bucks without extra content is a bit of a rip, adding more than that with a total of 16 to begin with would be a burnout. Imagine the map rotation, ugh.

To be honest, what I wanted more out of this game was more chasis skins. If programming is an issue, skin the chassis classes we already have. That way at least its giving the illusion of having a unique titan. I hope for the sequel we will get customizable titans.

Rabbit
04-14-2014, 03:31 PM
This is an online only game that's already wearing thin from massive gameplay time with 16 maps. 3 fucking maps for an online only game for 10.00 is a bad practice. Least with COD and Battlefield's overpriced map packs you got something else in them as well (BF you always you always get assignments and weapons and in COD you always get additional mode maps/levels) ontop of a single player (medicore or not) mode ontop of that. If Titanfall is an online only game and only coughing up 3 maps and that's it for paid, 10.00 a pop DLC, they need their heads examined.

I'm all for it if they include new weapons and Titans in that as well but from the impression I see, those will be free updates so far.

Bleh.
We are getting new modes, supposedly some skins for weapons and emblems on titans. I can't for the life of me understand this idea that it's only "half a game" because it doesn't have some shit 8 hour campaign mode. For fuck sakes I can't remember the last fps campaign I played all the way through ? Maybe halo reach?

15 maps is a lot, especially since they're all pretty good maps. I agree the level of customization is thin and there should be a lot more but this game is so addicting, so capable of being mastered that I'd hate to see backlash to the point the games core is fucked with to make it more appealing to casual players.

Respawn is a small team, it would be hard for them to come out with something like another call of duty where the mechanics are all there and they're just throwing a bunch of remixed shit on top.

We don't need new weapons or titans for this iteration. We just need more maps, game modes and skins and I think that's what we're getting .

Space Suicide
04-14-2014, 03:40 PM
We are getting new modes, supposedly some skins for weapons and emblems on titans. I can't for the life of me understand this idea that it's only "half a game" because it doesn't have some shit 8 hour campaign mode. For fuck sakes I can't remember the last fps campaign I played all the way through ? Maybe halo reach?

15 maps is a lot, especially since they're all pretty good maps. I agree the level of customization is thin and there should be a lot more but this game is so addicting, so capable of being mastered that I'd hate to see backlash to the point the games core is fucked with to make it more appealing to casual players.

Respawn is a small team, it would be hard for them to come out with something like another call of duty where the mechanics are all there and they're just throwing a bunch of remixed shit on top.

We don't need new weapons or titans for this iteration. We just need more maps, game modes and skins and I think that's what we're getting .

I'm not knocking it for not having single player but they could've done so much more multiplayer wise. All we have are 3 Titan classes, 12 weapons (I think?), 3 side arms, 3 anti-Titan weapons and 16 maps for a game that's supposed to last roughly 2-3 years as an Xbox One flagship title. I don't see it. I LOVE the game, I honestly do but I'd rather much go back to playing Battlefield 4 and keep returning to Gears of War 3 as I have been than play this. It's a solid game, it just doesn't have lasting appeal. I'm just saying a paid DLC that has only 3 maps isn't gonna cut it. It's not worth the asking price.

If weapons and Titan classes and modes are in the PAID DLC, then I'll eat my words. If they're going to be free updates (which we have inferred now) then paid DLC isn't worth it, which is the whole angle I'm getting at.

october_midnight
04-14-2014, 07:48 PM

You've also gotta realize that devs are fighting against the day and age we live in. Now when games are released, the culture is that people will frantically play them for 11 hours in a row for the first week straight. Of course people will get burned out on things compared to 15 years ago. Growing up there were 4 disc PS1 rpg's I never came close to beating. But I was also playing now and then. Titanfall dropped and some idiot was Gen 10 in like a day and a half. It's a different time.

Rabbit
04-15-2014, 08:27 AM
You've also gotta realize that devs are fighting against the day and age we live in. Now when games are released, the culture is that people will frantically play them for 11 hours in a row for the first week straight. Of course people will get burned out on things compared to 15 years ago. Growing up there were 4 disc PS1 rpg's I never came close to beating. But I was also playing now and then. Titanfall dropped and some idiot was Gen 10 in like a day and a half. It's a different time.
Yah, I can understand this. People are obsessed with achievements, and the metagames more than the actual core game. Titanfall definitely lacks in this department and I think it was a matter of resources more than anything. It's a new company, small team compared to these other studios, with an unproven IP. I'm sure the next installment will be much deeper.

SM Rollinger
04-17-2014, 07:29 PM
I picked up the 360 version and I love it, but I agree its going to require further expansion otherwise it will die in months. More maps, modes, and customization options would be great.

october_midnight
04-24-2014, 01:04 PM
New map info and screenshots. (http://kotaku.com/heres-the-topdown-view-of-one-of-the-maps-thats-coming-1567164983?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

DVYDRNS
05-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Ive been waiting for this game to hit the live marketplace. *goes and looks*

Rabbit
05-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Trailer for the new maps look bitching http://youtu.be/zmPYasVcJUI

Getting season pass now

Conan The Barbarian
05-12-2014, 11:39 PM
They do look cool. I will invest in them. Thanks for the link.

Tums206_BFY
05-14-2014, 03:16 AM
The first DLC drops this Thursday May 15th on Xbox One and PC. I think the xbox 360 one drops a few weeks later.

Rabbit
05-15-2014, 12:51 PM
So you can no longer carry the flag with a Titan in ctf. Welcomed change that should improve that mode 10 fold.

october_midnight
06-11-2014, 06:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX4MzQ5UUIg

Rabbit
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM
They're nerfing the carbine. This game may be dead to me

october_midnight
07-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Second DLC pack, "Frontier's Edge" announced. (http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-frontiers-edge?linkId=8756489)

Tums206_BFY
07-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I've been playing this game a decent amount recently (finally regenerated for the first time), I do like that they give it a decent amount of support I remember getting on for the first time after a bit and seeing they changed a bunch of stuff (for the better might I add). So that's pretty cool. I generally also enjoyed the maps from the DLC so hopefully these will be just as good or better.

owinn
07-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I get the same with most multiplayer-centric titles. I have to admit, the only one I really got into for any prolonged period of time was Quake III Arena and maybe Quake Wars. This I had really high hopes for in terms of keeping me hooked and it felt a lot like Quake Wars and I think I played solidly for a week. But it suffers from the same awful matchmaking of a lot of online games and once I win, who's there to celebrate with me? I guess I'm just bad at making online friends and I sometimes feel that a levelling system means that I need to invest time and energy that I don't have these days into a multiplayer shooter.

That said for those who have the time and indeed the skill to rank up it is undoubtedly a fantastic title. I just wish there were more basic modes in these games for players who don't want to go through the ranks. I do realise this may leave it open to exploitation from higher ranked players, but the matchmaking doesn't work for me either.

october_midnight
07-23-2014, 09:58 PM
New DLC drops July 31st, along with Update #5, introducing the Black Market. (http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-the-black-market?sf28911088=1)

BrewHa
07-26-2014, 11:13 AM
This game got stale within the first few hours I played it. I'm just glad I got a decent deal with the trade in.

october_midnight
08-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Update #6 incoming. (http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-six?sf30380052=1)

Rabbit
08-28-2014, 12:26 PM
This game got stale within the first few hours I played it. I'm just glad I got a decent deal with the trade in.
Why? No zombie mode? Or a bunch of shit meta content ? ;)

Gameplay bro, that's why we play the game.

Update #6 incoming. (http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-six?sf30380052=1)

Very nice. Lets see how the 8v8 pilot skirmish goes.

october_midnight
08-29-2014, 04:41 PM
How the hell is this game still so fucking fun, jesus. The thought that went in to the balancing of everything is bonkers.

october_midnight
10-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Free Update 8 incoming!

- Frontier Defense mode. Basically Horde Mode from Gears, 4 player co-op vs. waves upon waves of enemies, defending a certain machine on the map. Sentry turrets, 5 waves per round. Matchmaking mode, i.e. you can search for a certain map to play and it'll team you up with others.
- Marked For Death Pro. Marked For Death but as soon as the marked person is killed, a new round starts. Once you die, you wait until the next round as well.
- Deadly Round. The entire ground of the map is filled with electrified smoke. Only on certain maps.
- Ability to bypass a Regen challenge with currency in the Black Market (buy your way past a challenge).
- Ranked Play. A new way to 'level up', you have a rank chip and earn points towards a medal (bronze, silver, gold, etc) so you can progress that way. For example, you can be a Gold rank in headshots, capturing a flag, defending a hardpoint, etc.
- Full screen mini-map.
- Private match burn card sets.
- New onboard Titan voices and languages.
- A slew of tweaks to pricing, bugs, etc. etc.

Full notes. (http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-game-update-eight)

Rabbit
10-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Free Update 8 incoming!

- Frontier Defense mode. Basically Horde Mode from Gears, 4 player co-op vs. waves upon waves of enemies, defending a certain machine on the map. Sentry turrets, 5 waves per round. Matchmaking mode, i.e. you can search for a certain map to play and it'll team you up with others.
- Marked For Death Pro. Marked For Death but as soon as the marked person is killed, a new round starts. Once you die, you wait until the next round as well.
- Deadly Round. The entire ground of the map is filled with electrified smoke. Only on certain maps.
- Ability to bypass a Regen challenge with currency in the Black Market (buy your way past a challenge).
- Ranked Play. A new way to 'level up', you have a rank chip and earn points towards a medal (bronze, silver, gold, etc) so you can progress that way. For example, you can be a Gold rank in headshots, capturing a flag, defending a hardpoint, etc.
- Full screen mini-map.
- Private match burn card sets.
- New onboard Titan voices and languages.
- A slew of tweaks to pricing, bugs, etc. etc.

Full notes. (http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-game-update-eight)

that's a serious update. sigh, my adjustment period to come back to this is going to suck, i'm going to suck.

october_midnight
03-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Titanfall 2 confirmed and will be coming to XB1, PS4, and PC. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

Conan The Barbarian
03-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Season pass is free in Xbox one

Space Suicide
03-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Season pass is free in Xbox one

Sure is, glad I never bought it even when it hit low $6.25 prices.

Looks like I'll have to re-download the game sometime.

Rabbit
03-13-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm still playing this, religiously. Love this game. It's now in my top FPS console games of all time. The community is still very alive and the core good players (all which reside in CTF) have risen to an insane level. The skill gap is enormous.

If TF2 fixes some of it's issues, updates the graphics, adds the meta junk casual gamers love this game is going to shit on everything

Space Suicide
03-13-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm still playing this, religiously. Love this game. It's now in my top FPS console games of all time. The community is still very alive and the core good players (all which reside in CTF) have risen to an insane level. The skill gap is enormous.

If TF2 fixes some of it's issues, updates the graphics, adds the meta junk casual gamers love this game is going to shit on everything

The sad thing is that it took 6-8 months for the game to reach the status it should have on release.

Rabbit
03-16-2015, 11:23 PM
The sad thing is that it took 6-8 months for the game to reach the status it should have on release.
Given the size of the dev team and all the crazy shit they had to go through i'm going to excuse it. That and the fact that what they created, in my opinion, is one of the best FPS games ever.
"
People just have to give it a chance. The learning curve is HUGE. It's funny listening to people that talk about how "nonskill" based the game is lol

october_midnight
04-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Hell yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1r2f1Jv0Y

october_midnight
04-18-2016, 04:16 PM
A blurry image from the official Titanfall 2 site apparently shows a wall-running Titan (http://gamerant.com/titanfall-2-wall-running-titans/) which is interesting. Also apparently the game will drop before the end of this year...

october_midnight
08-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech test thus far is hella fun. A lot of the same, but more customization for pilots and titans. New titans are pretty rad. So far it plays just as smoothly, but now the screen seems a lot...busier. There's more to keep track of which of course will become second nature in time, but it's noticeable. Love it thus far.

october_midnight
08-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Wow changes have already been made based on player feedback. (http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-and-feedback/) It's refreshing to see things like the titan meter passively filling brought back. Respawn out and out saying 'We tried this change. Your idea is better. It's changed now.'

Pillfred
09-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Old I know but i just got this on the cheap recently (2) and I gotta say it was a pretty fun game. May even play through it again for shits at some point.

Haysey_Draws
09-23-2019, 08:35 AM
Saw this thread had a comment and suddenly thought TF3 was teased...i am disappoint :(

Haysey_Draws
11-28-2019, 02:35 AM
If you've been on the fence about Titanfall 2 and have a PS4 now is the time to jump in, it's next months PS+ game!

This means they'll be a load of new people to play online and i CANNOT WAIT!