PDA

View Full Version : 2013.10.15 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

ltrandazzo
10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Please only post if you attended this show.

http://www.chicagonow.com/moms-who-drink-and-swear/files/2013/06/20-1371713883-james-gandolfini-death-3.jpg

(I fucking miss this guy.)

Ruttiger
10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Eating at Dino BBQ outside of the venue. Good stuff.

I'm "that guy" w a NIN shirt at a NIN show

Ruttiger
10-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Go to this show if only to see Black Noise. My God.

nooneimportant77
10-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Big fucking come down.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
great show, whacky setlist though. main set 2 songs short?

gorny540
10-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Enjoyed the show from the floor, although I found the floor to be a lot more enjoyable from the soundboard where I went to for the encore (opposed to the middle left side). Setlist seemed a lot different than what has been played this tour which must've been great for those who went to the Brooklyn show. The band sounded great and the effects were incredible, but I don't know, my preference for NIN shows goes to the NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye tours where the setlists were all over the place and the band seemed more vulnerable, which is definitely a good thing in my book. I sure hope they go for a Summer Amphitheater run like they have in the past. By the way that was my 6th show since 2008 and not once I've heard The Wretched. It's not my favorite song but there has to be a super low % of going to that many shows and never seeing it. All and all an awesome tour though, gotta respect Trent for reinventing the band in just a few weeks between tours.

Edit: Oh yes, I loved Trent's brief mention about crazy shows they've had in Newark, I remember watching this one on youtube where TR mentions during the show that their van driver got mugged outside the venue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmKlRZtPvV4

Choaralaone
10-16-2013, 12:31 AM
By the way that was my 6th show since 2008 and not once I've heard The Wretched. It's not my favorite song but there has to be a super low % of going to that many shows and never seeing it. All and all an awesome tour though, gotta respect Trent for reinventing the band in just a few weeks between tours.

This will make my 4th without them playing the wretched. I feel slightly cursed, awesome show otherwise. I don't think I'll ever get seats again though, there's a lot less energy than on the floor.

GoodSoldier333
10-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Great stuff. Went to Brooklyn yesterday; this tonight.

Was anyone else in Section 9? THE ENTIRE SECTION WAS DEAD.
And no, no they didn't come back haunted. Very lifeless around me. At least the guy next to me kept standing throughout unlike others.

hippygeek
10-16-2013, 12:49 AM
That pit was a seething mass of mad bastards. Put Brooklyn to shame. People moshed to Came Back Haunted - and Black Noise. Props to the stoned dude who lost his shoe in the pit but stayed anyway. Ha.

Great set, great crowd (at least, on the floor). So, so many ecstatically happy people :)

I think I'll be paying for this in the morning though, heh.

Edit: anyone else giggle at the bootleg shirts being sold on the way out with JMJ on them? :D

GoodSoldier333
10-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Anyone else notice how insanely well In Two translates live? Forget about the other Hesitation Marks songs....not even close. This performance came at you with a bang.

frankie teardrop
10-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Great stuff. Went to Brooklyn yesterday; this tonight.

Was anyone else in Section 9? THE ENTIRE SECTION WAS DEAD.
And no, no they didn't come back haunted. Very lifeless around me. At least the guy next to me kept standing throughout unlike others.

hah- how did i miss seeing you in that section, unless you were much higher or lower than we were- we were in row 15 or so... sadly, i had to take a seat for some of the slower songs since i hurt my back pretty fiercely last night (ironically while watching godspeed)... but i kept getting up and getting as into it as i could during some of the standouts.

overall, between barclays and newark, i preferred tonight's set. sure, a little shorter, but i'll take reptile over piggy any day, and the big comedown made up for the lack of the remaining fragile cuts. the encore was better at barclays, but the overall set felt far more coherent tonight overall. definitely my favorite of the NY area shows, and tied with toronto as my favorite of the four shows i got to see... had another nice bonus to end my four show run, but i won't gloat too much.

in two is indeed a highlight. seeing various methods/satellite/etc. over the course of the tour was nice, but in two is the real deal, a perfect balance of the sight and sound...

Leo_OAK
10-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Oh my God. Traveling all the way from Brazil to see this two concerts was not worth it. IT WAS THE BEST CONCERT-RELATED DECISION OF MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE. The setlists were awesome, I've got to see reptile, into the void, big come down, and Somewhat Damaged. And the two backing vocalists? Jesus.

This is prime NIN, right here, right now. And we get to witness it.

sick among the pure
10-16-2013, 02:15 AM
By the way that was my 6th show since 2008 and not once I've heard The Wretched. It's not my favorite song but there has to be a super low % of going to that many shows and never seeing it.

I went 8 shows before seeing it live. Fucking Frail intro and then every other fucking song. But when I finally got it, man that was great.

I'm too fucking tired and sore to post right now. I didn't even put up my photos and videos on instagram yet. Awesome show, we got a few tour debuts (Big Come Down, Echoplex, that's all right?) Glad I finally got In Two, one of my 2 favorite songs off HM. Fingers crossed for Satellite on friday and I'll be complete for HM songs live.

Tomp252
10-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Amazing show last night! Into the Void, Big Comedown, and In Two were highlights but the the whole show was incredible. Probably the best sounding arena show I've ever been to. Somehow Trent is getting better the older he gets and this band he assembled for this tour has to be the best yet. Love these guys

kevinbeetle
10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
last night was my tenth show. i was also in sec 9, 12th row, i think, and yeah, everyone behind me didnt really seem into it all that much.

terrible lie sounded so tight to me, and i love how its changed up for this tour. reptile will never get old for me. absolutely love that song. same with somewhat damaged. the big comedown was definitely a surpise, and yes, in two sounds unreal. i took a decent video and i'll post it tonight after i get home from work. im afraid of americans was another surprise i didnt see coming. and like everyone has has said, the background singers sound great. and they rock the fuck out.

kinda glad i chose reserved instead of general admission. at my age (41) me and my bad back couldnt withstand the surging that i saw going on. there was that one douche in the read jersey that just kept circling and pushing everyone. grow the fuck up dude.

there were plenty of posters available after the show in case anyone is wondering. thought i got the limited edition one, but when i opened it up, it had the tourh dates. also picked up a keychain. kinda overpriced, but i wanted it. not to knock the quality, but its a little 'flimsy'. i mean, if i wanted to, i could easily bend it.

by the way, ive seen the wretched four times

FULLMETAL
10-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Another kick-ass show! I found myself on the barricade in front of Pino this time and had a blast. There were a few assholes fucking around with the girl next to me (trying to squeeze onto the rail, hair pulling, taking shit out of her purse) but the security guy seemed to keep them at bay for the most part. That kind of bullshit is totally unacceptable but there's not much one can do with shitheads.

Anyhow, the set was full of surprises and TBCD was beyond cool! Lisa & Sharlotte bring so much to the table and help elevate he songs to the next level (not to discount the rest of the band). Having watched the previous night's show at the soundboard, you do miss a lot of the visual artistry being against the barricade, but you make up for it by feeling the emotive power of the band's mastery of their instruments.

Michalrose
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Loved it loved it. This was my 9th show since '94. Wish is STILL my favorite live song. Lighting was fantastic, band was fantastic and Trent, just love this guy. Crowd around me was good, everyone standing and very into it. Girl in front of me was crazy loaded and finally barfed, the medics came and took her away.

Did anyone try to take 78 West home? Fucking ramp was closed with no detour. We had to back track to Newark and figure out an alternate route.

GoodSoldier333
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
hah- how did i miss seeing you in that section, unless you were much higher or lower than we were- we were in row 15 or so... sadly, i had to take a seat for some of the slower songs since i hurt my back pretty fiercely last night (ironically while watching godspeed)... but i kept getting up and getting as into it as i could during some of the standouts.

overall, between barclays and newark, i preferred tonight's set. sure, a little shorter, but i'll take reptile over piggy any day, and the big comedown made up for the lack of the remaining fragile cuts. the encore was better at barclays, but the overall set felt far more coherent tonight overall. definitely my favorite of the NY area shows, and tied with toronto as my favorite of the four shows i got to see... had another nice bonus to end my four show run, but i won't gloat too much.

in two is indeed a highlight. seeing various methods/satellite/etc. over the course of the tour was nice, but in two is the real deal, a perfect balance of the sight and sound...

You may have seen me. I was in row 10 with a shaved head. Every single person to my right was sitting.

Ruttiger
10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Loved it loved it. This was my 9th show since '94. Wish is STILL my favorite live song. Lighting was fantastic, band was fantastic and Trent, just love this guy. Crowd around me was good, everyone standing and very into it. Girl in front of me was crazy loaded and finally barfed, the medics came and took her away.

Did anyone try to take 78 West home? Fucking ramp was closed with no detour. We had to back track to Newark and figure out an alternate route.We went through the same BS. There was a detour sign on the barrier of the off ramp, but not a single sign after that! Wound up just getting on 22 to get my ass home.

Michalrose
10-16-2013, 01:14 PM
We went through the same BS. There was a detour sign on the barrier of the off ramp, but not a single sign after that! Wound up just getting on 22 to get my ass home.

Yeah, midnight in Newark is not where you want to be! Glad you got out of there.

GoodSoldier333
10-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Anybody else catch Trent's microphone tech (maybe right before the encore) grab the mic-stand and jump off the stage with the tip of the stand pointing forwards and NAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL security right in the forehead lol. This happened dead-center, front of the stage.

MadMax
10-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I was in Section 9. My row, Row 19, was hopping, but I've got to admit, right behind us were some folks who didn't seem to be feelin' it. I don't get that, because I felt so lucky to be there and there's no place I'd have rather been. It was the first day (of my last days) seeing NIN - - thought I had really blown it for life when Trent waved goodbye without me having seen them, so I was ecstatic to get a second chance at redemption. The concert was full-on fantastic - the vocals, the music, the sound, the lighting, the special effects. Loved every minute. Trent was amazing and obviously totally committed to giving everybody a great time, including himself. And how does Robin play with such incredibly forceful strokes yet still manage hit the lead notes spot on? The addition of the two ladies, Lisa Fischer and Sharlotte Gibson, was brilliant. I had the privilege of seeing Lisa backing up the Stones (as she has done since 1989) in the very same venue last December. Anyway, last night was an experience I'll never ever forget and I appreciate the chance to share these thoughts.

Black Sabbath
10-16-2013, 04:14 PM
I was there last nignt. Wearing a white "SIN" shirt and I took my friend along who ended up getting one of Ilan's broken sticks at the end.

I was far right on the rail on Robin's side. Schedule got a little messed up or we would have gotten there sooner and been closer to the center, but it was alright. I'll be there earlier on Friday and Saturday.

I thought that was the tour debut for The Big Come Down but I wasn't entirely sure. Surprised to see it nonetheless, and happy as well. Same goes for I'm Afraid of Americans.

Highlights last night for me were Reptile, Into The Void, and The Big Come Down. I loved the whole show. Only thing I didn't really care for was Ecoplex. It was cool to see it but I was never a big fan of the song to begin with, so I can live without. Either way, can't wait for Friday and Saturday night and hoping to have a few more gems like The Wretched, The Warning, The Way Out Is Through. Either way, even if I saw the same exactly setlist (which would be nearly impossible anyway), I'd still be happy just with seeing all of these shows.

All in the all, the show was awesome and it was great to see all the new songs and older songs I didn't see live at the Made In America festival, but if it was between those two shows, right now I'd say I enjoyed the festival show more. I liked the liking for some of the festival songs more (Copy Of A, for example), and the whole overall experience was just better. Definitely not saying this show was bad, I loved it, but out of the two NIN shows I've seen so far I would choose the festival - so far.

sick among the pure
10-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I was there last nignt. Wearing a white "SIN" shirt and I took my friend along who ended up getting one of Ilan's broken sticks at the end.

saw you guys, in line and after the show. I remember hearing your friend after the show walking with the broken stick saying "it was in his hand, and now it's in my hand". I giggled a bit.
I was the guy with the blue mohawk.

kevinbeetle
10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
in two

sorry for zooming in early and being out of focus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xy1hZtK7qs

mistresswanda
10-16-2013, 09:08 PM

Did anyone try to take 78 West home? Fucking ramp was closed with no detour. We had to back track to Newark and figure out an alternate route.
yeah, I was caught in that clusterfuck. I had a nice detour around the airport and nearly got hit by a shuttle bus before I managed to get my ass back on 78. thank you Jersey... now I remember why I left.

R-Dot-Yung
10-17-2013, 08:16 AM
While I was a little bumped we didn't get I Would For You or Various Methods of escape (Went to NY and NJ). I honestly think that on the whole these set lists probably flowed better and were more high energy in your face.

Black Noise is the highlight of both nights, it's worth seeing a show just for Black Noise.

Ruttiger
10-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Black Noise is the highlight of both nights, it's worth seeing a show just for Black Noise.I totally agree, its not taking away from the rest of their performance by any means, but just watching Black Noise as it just builds and builds over about 2 minutes of time from the sax playing ... I could feel my eyes getting wider the hairs standing up and the same (but different) way on the album, I just didn't want it to end.

jessamineny
10-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Anybody else catch Trent's microphone tech (maybe right before the encore) grab the mic-stand and jump off the stage with the tip of the stand pointing forwards and NAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL security right in the forehead lol. This happened dead-center, front of the stage.

He actually seemed to barely graze him (I was directly in front of them).

Watching the guitarists from G!YBE play their instruments with screwdrivers was fascinating.

And I've seen far too many shows so far, but goddamn they keep getting better. On LITS I would have been a little bored by now, but instead I'm sad I "only" have two shows left. Not sure what he's doing, but it's working.

kevinbeetle
10-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Review from the Star Ledger

Nine Inch Nails play searing set at Prudential Center

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2013/10/nine_inch_nails_play_searing_set_at_prudential_cen ter.html

m15a
10-20-2013, 12:54 PM
last night was my tenth show. i was also in sec 9, 12th row, i think, and yeah, everyone behind me didnt really seem into it all that much.

what seat were you in? or, wait, are you who i was with? (heh. i should have asked what his/your regular screen name is.) i was in seat 9. the row behind us was empty. i think the people that were there moved higher so they could sit down.

definitely a great concert. i was at brooklyn, too, and was glad to see some variety, although i kind of wanted to see some songs over again. can't wait to see some pro footage of this tour. i thought the visuals were great, although, sitting on the side, i had to sort of guess what the visuals looked like from the front. agree that the added band members were great.

also, GY!BE kind of blew my mind at this concert. awesome.

Gardenia Spectre
10-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Haven't had a chance to post yet but I was also in row 9, I think seat 6. While some of the section was sedentary, at least I and the people around me were in motion most of the time. Great seats and for that I continue to be very thankful that such good seats are reserved for fans. Of course, given NY state's stupid laws against paperless ticketing/will call only rules (and I understand the economics behind it, but those laws are just wrong), scalpers and bots get into the act and so my seats were still good but much worse than in Boston and NJ. The one side benefit in NYC was being able to get a much better perspective on the lighting- which is so impressive as the perfect accessory to the music. Back to Newark: a wonderful show - however it's hard to ever have an arena show top seeing NIN at Webster Hall. Sad that it was the last show I will see this tour - had gotten used to my almost daily routine of a NIN show to cap the day. It was great to get Reptile (knew it was coming when the green lights started up - that's always the signal) as well as a few songs I hadn't yet heard at the other TENSION gigs (The Big Come Down). Somehow the crowd as a whole and the pit from what I could see seemed a lot more into it than in NYC or Boston - the whole atmosphere was a lot looser, rowdier in a good way - and I felt Trent and the band was more relaxed - even in the somewhat rambling (for TR) speech to the crowd. The HM songs are really great live - and even I'm Afraid of Americans was much more exciting than it's ever been on record. Was a bit sad for those who were only at this show to miss Satellite and its very cool light effect. Also delighted that TR is confident enough in HM to play so much of it live and to keep the sprinkling of "greatest hits" that he does. All in all, a great evening.

kevinbeetle
10-21-2013, 07:57 PM
what seat were you in? or, wait, are you who i was with? (heh. i should have asked what his/your regular screen name is.) i was in seat 9.

Haven't had a chance to post yet but I was also in row 9, I think seat 6.

i was in seat 3. had a black army hoodie on. right next to you guys

m15a
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
oh, cool. ETS row! (although that makes me wonder who was given the tickets in the mostly empty row directly behind us.)

Gardenia Spectre
10-21-2013, 10:23 PM
i was in seat 3. had a black army hoodie on. right next to you guys

Oh hi! I guess my husband was in the seat next to you!