PDA

View Full Version : ninwiki

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Malechite
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Any ninwiki questions, comments, concerns, etc should go here, thanks!

sheepdean
12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Okay, who broke it

Malechite
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Okay, who broke it

I'm guessing you.

But no, I sent an email to support about it. I saw that it came back up for a bit but was refusing connections, and it's offline again. so we'll see.

kevincwhitacre
12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
It's back online now, at least temporarily.

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 08:24 AM
I was about to make a sammich, I guess it's editing time

Malechite
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah what a great time for the site to go down, huh?

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Not to worry too much, at least I can C/P the lyrics for Immigrant Song, not like when I had to transcribe the whole of HTDA by ear :\

Jon
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I noticed the other day that the BPM for 37 Ghosts is listed on the wiki as 72, while the pdf that came with the multitracks lists the BPM as 143.5

Also, here's some extra info in case you need it:

Immigrant Song - 120 BPM
Hidden In Snow - 132 BPM
People Lie All The Time - 132 BPM
What If We Could? - 103 BPM
Oraculum - 90 BPM
Please Take Your Hand Away - 99 BPM
Under The Midnight Sun - 124 BPM

EDIT vvv - lazy! :)

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks - and feel free to edit in any corrections btw, that's what a wiki's for!

gorast
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Is anyone else getting this when they try to go to TGWTDT's wiki page:
getVal( 'maxlag' ); if( !is_null( $maxLag ) && !$mediaWiki->checkMaxLag( $maxLag ) ) { exit; } # Query string fields $action = $wgRequest->getVal( 'action', 'view' ); $title = $wgRequest->getVal( 'title' ); # Set title from request parameters $wgTitle = $mediaWiki->checkInitialQueries( $title, $action ); if( $wgTitle === null ) { unset( $wgTitle ); } wfProfileOut( 'main-misc-setup' ); # # Send Ajax requests to the Ajax dispatcher. # if( $wgUseAjax && $action == 'ajax' ) { require_once( $IP . '/includes/AjaxDispatcher.php' ); $dispatcher = new AjaxDispatcher(); $dispatcher->performAction(); $mediaWiki->restInPeace(); exit; } if( $wgUseFileCache && isset( $wgTitle ) ) { wfProfileIn( 'main-try-filecache' ); // Raw pages should handle cache control on their own, // even when using file cache. This reduces hits from clients. if( $action != 'raw' && HTMLFileCache::useFileCache() ) { /* Try low-level file cache hit */ $cache = new HTMLFileCache( $wgTitle, $action ); if( $cache->isFileCacheGood( /* Assume up to date */ ) ) { /* Check incoming headers to see if client has this cached */ if( !$wgOut->checkLastModified( $cache->fileCacheTime() ) ) { $cache->loadFromFileCache(); } # Do any stats increment/watchlist stuff $wgArticle = MediaWiki::articleFromTitle( $wgTitle ); $wgArticle->viewUpdates(); # Tell $wgOut that output is taken care of wfProfileOut( 'main-try-filecache' ); $mediaWiki->restInPeace(); exit; } } wfProfileOut( 'main-try-filecache' ); } # Setting global variables in mediaWiki $mediaWiki->setVal( 'action', $action ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'CommandLineMode', $wgCommandLineMode ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisabledActions', $wgDisabledActions ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisableHardRedirects', $wgDisableHardRedirects ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisableInternalSearch', $wgDisableInternalSearch ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'EnableCreativeCommonsRdf', $wgEnableCreativeCommonsRdf ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'EnableDublinCoreRdf', $wgEnableDublinCoreRdf ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'JobRunRate', $wgJobRunRate ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'Server', $wgServer ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'SquidMaxage', $wgSquidMaxage ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'UseExternalEditor', $wgUseExternalEditor ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'UsePathInfo', $wgUsePathInfo ); $mediaWiki->performRequestForTitle( $wgTitle, $wgArticle, $wgOut, $wgUser, $wgRequest ); $mediaWiki->finalCleanup( $wgDeferredUpdateList, $wgOut ); # Not sure when $wgPostCommitUpdateList gets set, so I keep this separate from finalCleanup $mediaWiki->doUpdates( $wgPostCommitUpdateList ); $mediaWiki->restInPeace();

It happens both from the link on the main page and when I search for the article's exact title.

using Chrome 15, btw

Maurish
12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I do no get that error. The page is loading fine for me.
Using Firefox.

Malechite
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out under what circumstances you were able to see this. That code is executed on the server and is never supposed to make it to the client side.

bgalbraith
12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
This sort of thing happens if the mimetype on the file gets screwed up and it gets rendered as text/plain. Maybe you caught the server at a hiccup and then have the page cached? Try doing a hard refresh and see if it renders properly.

gorast
12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Cleared the cache, everything's fine now. Sorry for making the problem bigger than it was. Thanks for the help.

Malechite
12-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Cleared the cache, everything's fine now. Sorry for making the problem bigger than it was. Thanks for the help.

Not a problem, thanks for bringing it up. Probably had something to do with the server snafu.

BenAkenobi
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
ninwiki now redirects to hotline

Beta
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
i dug in some archives and extended this article: http://www.ninwiki.com/News_Archive
i think its cool if it does NOT include each little fart trent told his fans. i think it should include announcements of releases and the releases itself. and news which get posted on nin.com or major twitter announcements and stuff like that... but - imho - it should not get listed if new photos are uploaded in the tour-pic-archive of nin.com or the likes.....

and: it was really hard to get "news announcements" pre-2003. by that i mean getting the exact date, preferably with a source to some archived webpage. any input or new leads are welcome. just post them here and i will edit them in. or directly edit them in. but if you are too lazy just give me the link and i'll deal with it. as already stated: i am looking for major news announcements of the nin-camp including a webpage as a source.

would be awesome :)

BenAkenobi
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
is it just me or does the amazon advertisement only show Marylin Manson stuff? for quite a long time, i might add

sheepdean
02-27-2012, 02:43 AM
is it just me or does the amazon advertisement only show Marylin Manson stuff? for quite a long time, i might add
Google ads are based on your browsing history and page content, so blame yourself :P

WorzelG
02-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Just amusing myself reading the news archive - 'i'm alive - things are about to start happening' in July 2003 and With Teeth is streamed on myspace in April 2005 - wow, we are really pandered to now comparatively

Beta
05-24-2012, 03:35 AM
it's down right now, isn't it?

sheepdean
05-24-2012, 05:06 AM
it's down right now, isn't it?
For future reference, a handy site is http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

BRoswell
05-24-2012, 05:08 PM
It's down for me too. Browser says it won't load "because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression." Are they updating it?

Beta
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
For future reference, a handy site is http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

i am tech-savvy, so i of course used the page you suggested to check if it's down, and awkwardly the site said, that ninwiki is up. but ninwiki at that time did not load in my browser. and it was not a 404, it was another error.. anyway, it's up again, and slow as always. so everything is cool ;)

Torgo
05-24-2012, 05:15 PM
The ninwiki is telling me to buy "Fifty Shades of Grey." I don't know how I should feel about this.

Harry Seaward
05-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm getting that 'unsupported form of compression' error as well. I've found that going into Firefox's about:config and setting network.http.accept-encoding to a blank string makes the site come back up. But it also makes other sites load all wonky. Sooo maybe this can help someone on ninwiki's end figure out what the issue is, if they don't already know.

BenAkenobi
05-28-2012, 01:21 AM
no error messages for me but the page is just full o' garbage

��}�r9���rD��=u-ǐ�(y�l�C�7��h,ٞ��F� �i%3ٹ�f�tD��ܗ�o0��M�I������"K]�l&������������^�I1��٧goOOT����e�dg���s�/޽U��]u�IQ���΋�-՚��pgg>�o���l�s�q��ꢲ��)���a�z���{�6���hE;݃���B�� 8H�G-��T�+���V\dh����ө.�&;��etu�:I�B'E�b1�-5���V��;��N�,��ѧ����-��5�S}��DgA�f^�w:��/�eD��}���zw��Qr�2��I�òPUi�I�GG��Qp��m�k� ��ᤥ ���fq4 0m;�L'��|�E3���7̎i�*�G���dF EEL-��sK'�}q��$(�ni�S���1e��֡�?JB� ��A����0 �ÏzH�u2�U��� ��'�v�� �2��]dTL}Կ&i�:�t�tGry9��*��'Z���2J�a:��9-���y���G�-5�JQ�a��8�Y��1��,��b��R���q9 �]%�oD�F�t~�F*.��
�`�����z������r��Ńݗ�7�o��鏿�$�F�t�>��ܶÇ7������}=�a_7F��߅`���h�� �/��W�z����p��fGy������ �`���� 8%�(e�?��
B�����f�J�����\�&'';"���Q�
�/�0��\��Ry6l���5� ���H�5�8�@E�ƃ��I��D��� ���\�B�ČeZ�;<+���X�(m>���gYZ��46�ſ�������?�W�#?/ʆ��8�MtV}:NtQ}'�_u�fq8������EJ����9����*q� �qVD�X����ˉ�<^I�^|�yʱ�-f�U�� ��9Ȣ )��GA�k��i����ٕ�jBX%sB�mZ`n�$H҄���= C�,j��0����e��\���t@��"�k1��
��/D��ŁV�Q�*�s�Nã��A)��I;*��;����I�8� ����嵤�$���&�+y\��K��2\��0�j�'e�Q_EX�f�>��Yg�\F:Dڋ$����ԁ()_���%�V���R�(ͦ(w�
ͻj���2ϣqTl�Gf�L)>���T%( �"|hu�Z�J[����Ӭ-v��qė��J�G|��U���H1�x߮�C$��b��G��e?vp�Vj)� `�A���Y �)]?�*�P�����WU��>�:�4[p�?E ����!f�Y ��Q���}v�4�j��ẇ )%&�P홟}��O�f�����x@I#Lءzh~ڬG��@�ڏ�o[�`�y"Pv�o[�

sheepdean
05-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Everyone I've spoken to seems to use Firefox. Try Chrome or *gag* IE, if the problem persists then clear your cache.

fillow
05-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Tried with Opera, got the same bullshit as Ben Akenobi posted. Also, my antivirus immediately alarmed me about Web Attack: Malicious Toolkit Website 18 (http://www.symantec.com/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=25680)

Beta
05-28-2012, 07:49 AM
i use chrome and also got the mentioned error..

D'ron
05-28-2012, 04:31 PM
What happened to the wiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!

virushopper
05-29-2012, 12:13 AM
It works now

Malechite
05-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Not exactly sure what was going on with the servers, but everything seems to be fine now.

The ninwiki is telling me to buy "Fifty Shades of Grey." I don't know how I should feel about this.

Yeah the changed the algorithm and now it shows a bunch of shitty things. I'm probably going to make something custom that just shows NIN stuff like it used to.

sheepdean
05-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Yeah the changed the algorithm and now it shows a bunch of shitty things. I'm probably going to make something custom that just shows NIN stuff like it used to.
How about pinching some of the stuff from the rare tracks thread on ETS, rather than asking NIN fans if they want to buy TDS on 3 different kinds of CD?

D'ron
05-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Not exactly sure what was going on with the servers, but everything seems to be fine now.
It's still not working for me :(

Frozen Beach
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Uh, didn't there used to be a page for fake/rumored NIN tracks?

sheepdean
05-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Uh, didn't there used to be a page for fake/rumored NIN tracks?Not to my memory - aside from Angel (lol) and the random tracks people decide are Tapeworm, what else would there be?

Frozen Beach
05-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Not to my memory - aside from Angel (lol) and the random tracks people decide are Tapeworm, what else would there be?
Wasn't there a track called "Drive" that was going around that was never properly identified. It wasn't Driver Down.

Harry Seaward
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
It's still not working for me :(

Likewise.

"Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I'm on Firefox 12.0.

BRoswell
05-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I was able to access it last night, but now I'm getting the same message I got before. I'm also using the latest version of Firefox.

Malechite
05-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Seems like there is a problem in Firefox on Windows. Works fine in Chrome on Windows, and Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac.

The codebase hasnt changed in quite a while so i am looking into the server config, something must have been changed in an update.

Harry Seaward
06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Any update on a fix?

It's the same issue on the new Firefox (13).

Beta
06-08-2012, 01:52 AM
and its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. i really like adding stuff to it (especially the news archive), but being so slow it's just a pain in the ass...

Malechite
06-14-2012, 08:10 PM
the content encoding error should be resolved now, sorry it took a while to track down

Harry Seaward
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
the content encoding error should be resolved now, sorry it took a while to track down

Works great here! Thanks a lot!

bwary
09-01-2012, 12:24 AM
I've been off the scene for a couple years, and in the meantime my forum @ portraitofdecay.com got massively spammed. I couldn't even get back into the control panel and fix it :(
I don't have the time to administer a forum, so I've done away with it... any links in the wiki pointed to the forums should be removed. I'll forever keep the site up, though, so any links pointed to the archives will always be good :)

spahn
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
couple of changes that could be made to the home page of ninwiki that i noticed:

Remove the "Pre-order your copy of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006G2NVCA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thniinnawi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006G2NVCA) soundtrack today!"
Maybe change it to Order your copy or put up a link to pre-order the new HTDA EP.

Create a new icon with a page referencing the An Omen EP for HTDA

spahn
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
uncoiled page anyone? i would create it but I don't think I can create a new page.

piggy
01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
The link on the main page under the 'Tours' section that goes to the Self Destruct Tour should probably point here:
http://www.ninwiki.com/Self_Destruct_Touring_Cycle
instead of here:
http://www.ninwiki.com/Self_Destruct_Tour

And maybe we could also change the pre-order link for An Omen EP to one for Welcome Oblivion. I'm not sure if the image that's floating around the web right now is the actual or final cover art for WO, so maybe adding the WO thumbnail/link to the main page would be premature.

sheepdean
01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
And maybe we could also change the pre-order link for An Omen EP to one for Welcome Oblivion. I'm not sure if the image that's floating around the web right now is the actual or final cover art for WO, so maybe adding the WO thumbnail/link to the main page would be premature.
what image?

butter_hole
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
not this one, surely?

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/9e7cfeec60e611e2ae2a22000a1f9723_7.jpg

piggy
01-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, that's the one. When you say "not this one, surely" do you mean that I should be doubting that it's the cover or that I shouldn't? Somehow it just doesn't look like a finished product. The cover from An Omen seems more fleshed out. Also, I didn't see that art up on Amazon yet, so that also made me wonder.

sheepdean
01-30-2013, 11:09 PM
That's a photo of a small part of the cover, it was posted on instagram. Hell it could even be the back, or inside for all we know.

piggy
01-31-2013, 07:26 AM
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Now that you point that out, it's pretty obvious and I can't believe I didn't figure that out for myself. Sorry for being so dumb, guys. Anyway, my point about the pre-order link and the Self Destruct Tour link still stands.

Tony
01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Anyway, my point about the pre-order link and the Self Destruct Tour link still stands.
Thanks for the suggestions, and for participating in the Wiki as much as you have. I made the changes you've requested.

slave2thewage
01-31-2013, 09:04 AM
BRING BACK THE NANCY J PAGE, dammit!

Tony
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
BRING BACK THE NANCY J PAGE, dammit!
ask and ye shall receive (http://www.ninwiki.com/User:Tony/NJ)...

sheepdean
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
wrt the album thumbnails, when an album has more than one cover design (Sin, PHM, AATCHB, HTDA EP1, Welcome Oblivion), how do we call which one to go for? CD over vinyl, Standard over Deluxe etc?

Tony
01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Standard over deluxe, CD over vinyl. I didn't realize there were multiple editions of the cover art for this release.

You're talking about the main page, right? A release's page should include all album art, ideally.

sheepdean
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah yeah, only main page, I've already put both versions of the art onto WO's page. In the case of HTDA's EP1, should we not be using the physical album's art then?

Tony
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah yeah, only main page, I've already put both versions of the art onto WO's page. In the case of HTDA's EP1, should we not be using the physical album's art then?
Yes, I will change that momentarily.

piggy
01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, and for participating in the Wiki as much as you have. I made the changes you've requested.
You're very welcome. I know my edits are largely anal little detail type stuff but I kind of enjoy that sort of "screwdriver" work, as it were.

Tony
02-01-2013, 07:13 AM
You're very welcome. I know my edits are largely anal little detail type stuff but I kind of enjoy that sort of "screwdriver" work, as it were.
Anal details are exactly what we need!

piggy
02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
So I've been wanting to add some of the info from the Fragility tour program to the article on The Fragile and I have just added Alan Moulder's bit about the songwriting. There is also a partial list in there of the equipment used to record the album. Do you guys think I should add that as well or would it be too nerdy?

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Dude, it's a wiki about a band that hasn't even released an album in 5 years, nothing is too nerdy

piggy
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
OK I'll go ahead and put it on there, then. Also, someone will now need to redirect the WO thumbnail link on the main page to go to Welcome Oblivion (album).

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Should we leave the preorder link to Amazon for those affiliates $, or change it htda's site?

Leviathant
02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Should we leave the preorder link to Amazon for those affiliates $, or change it htda's site?

I tend to post both. Or, when there's even more options, post all of the reasonable ones (shady ebay presales don't count.)

piggy
03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
OK, so I have a question about double-linking. Obviously, it's frowned on. However, if you go to an album page like Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral, all of the song titles in the track listing section are linked whether or not they've already been linked in the article. Is this on purpose or is it just because no one ever fixed the double links? Whatever the case, I think it's actually nicer and more convenient with everything linked in the track listing regardless of previous links. So if that's the way it's supposed to be, I can go through and fix articles that need all songs linked. If that's not the way it's supposed to be, I can start sifting through articles for double links and gradually fix those instead.

sheepdean
03-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Man I don't even know anymore *sobs*

Personally I like the one link only, but others far prefer the list +1. As long as it's not obtrusive, doesn't matter too much I guess?

DigitalChaos
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM
double linking FTW!
I hate having to scroll up just to find the right link, especially for lists like that.

my voice just
03-11-2013, 01:47 AM
time to update Operation Swamp 0000 (http://www.ninwiki.com/Operation_Swamp_0000) with hi-res art (http://nin.com/images/yz_londonmural_lg.jpg)

bwary
03-11-2013, 01:57 PM
and if you'd like, you can us "http://www.portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/current/photos/3_13_07.jpg" for the URL of "http://www.nin.com/current/photos/3_13_07.jpg" since it's no longer valid.

piggy
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Whatever the case, I think it's actually nicer and more convenient with everything linked in the track listing regardless of previous links. So if that's the way it's supposed to be, I can go through and fix articles that need all songs linked.
I was just getting ready to go through and do this, but I see that AIRNIN is still vehemently against that sort of thing, so I guess I won't bother.

Tony
03-13-2013, 11:18 AM
I was just getting ready to go through and do this, but I see that AIRNIN is still vehemently against that sort of thing, so I guess I won't bother.
I've started a discussion on the Welcome Oblivion talk page (http://www.ninwiki.com/Talk:Welcome_Oblivion_(album)).

jmtd
03-14-2013, 05:22 PM
FWIW I hate single-linking, not least because it's a (pointless) maintenance nightmare.

BTW is the wiki dog slow for editing for anyone else?

fillow
03-15-2013, 02:59 AM
The real wikipedia has millions of pages with multi-linking and it's very convenient.

jmtd
03-15-2013, 03:04 AM
The main argument for single-linking (that I am aware of): it makes the page less cluttered. BUT, this is a presentation issue rather than a content one. The wiki engine, or the theme, or a combination of the two, could address that.

The arguments against: it makes every chunk of wiki content context-sensitive on the rest of the page and less re-usable. It doesn't work if you use transclusion/templates a lot. It means you have to consider the entire page when editing a small section if you add/remove links. It means if you are reading a sub-section of a page you lack convenient links: most apparent in tracklistings but also an issue elsewhere.

Warped_Savant
03-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I've always wondered why the links don't simply appear in the track listing instead of scattered throughout the article, with some of them being linked on the article.
Yes, I get that the songs are linked the first time they're mentioned... but just linking from the listing makes more sense... it's much easier to find that way.

spahn
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Wanted to add that I updated this page with a personal item from this specific tour/date:
http://www.ninwiki.com/1995/11/14_Miami_Beach,_FL

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Wanted to add that I updated this page with a personal item from this specific tour/date:
http://www.ninwiki.com/1995/11/14_Miami_Beach,_FL
Thanks for that. Nice to see that TR was trying to stop scalping almost twenty years ago.

sheepdean
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Anyone want to weigh in? http://www.ninwiki.com/Talk:How_To_Destroy_Angels_Live_2013

piggy
07-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Regarding the way tours are covered on the wiki... It seems to me that the rule of thumb is that if a tour takes place during a single year, it gets a single comprehensive page but if it takes place during more than a single year, it gets a hub style page with links to each leg. So when the current tour wraps next year, will everything be put into a hub page?

Malechite
07-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, ideally there will be a "summer festival" tour, and a "Tension 2013" tour, and then whatever may happen in 2014 if it has another name.

so yes, eventually it will get a hub page that looks like this one: http://www.ninwiki.com/Live:_With_Teeth

Ryan
08-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Been doing some tidying up and additions to pages myself.

Suggestion: maybe put the original PHM cover on the main page rather than the re-release? The thumbnail I mean.

piggy
08-04-2013, 11:10 PM
That's a good point, but the original PHM cover looks super dated now that Rob's redone it. I don't know. Anyone else want to weigh in on that?

gorast
08-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I'd be willing to second that, since that was the original cover and the one primarily associated with the album.

On that note, shouldn't the HTDA EP (the first one) use the cover of the physical release on the front page, since that's what Hesitation Marks uses? I think someone else might have mentioned it before, but it never changed.

butter_hole
08-05-2013, 12:46 AM
http://www.ninwiki.com/News_Archive#December_1997

From the 25th of June 1999 until the 10th of July 1999 Trent posted some short blogs about the final progress of the work on The Fragile (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Fragile_(halo)). The archived posts can be read here by scrolling down to journal: [117] (http://www.theninhotline.net/halo99/01/01.htm).

That wasn't Trent, was it? I thought Rob wrote those.

fakdoo
08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
I'd be willing to second that, since that was the original cover and the one primarily associated with the album.

On that note, shouldn't the HTDA EP (the first one) use the cover of the physical release on the front page, since that's what Hesitation Marks uses? I think someone else might have mentioned it before, but it never changed.

I think the vinyl covers should be the ones used on the front page, since they're Trent's preferred format (and I vote for the original PHM cover).

piggy
08-05-2013, 01:15 AM
I think Tony (one of the founders of the wiki) stated earlier in this thread that his preference for the thumbnails on the main page is CD over vinyl.

sheepdean
08-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah, CD is accepted as standard version. Whilst vinyl is prettier, most people buy CD, still. This came up already with Welcome Oblvion's slight artwork variation across the 3 formats, and we settled on CD>Vinyl>Digital, with Deluxe never being used as standard image.

piggy
08-05-2013, 05:10 AM
I changed the thumbnail for TDS to the original art and the one for the HTDA EP to the physical art. I will change the PHM thumbnail as soon as a few more people chime in and there's a clear preference for the original. Also, I need to know if it would look better facing upwards or sideways like in the CD case.

TheBang
08-08-2013, 12:30 AM
I vote that PHM should be the original art, sideways, as it was in the CD case.

Ryan
08-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Sideways, original.

piggy
08-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks for your input, guys. It's been changed.

katara
08-08-2013, 09:58 AM
I feel that the Head like A Hole single artwork should be changed to the UK version. Trent himself said that the UK version was what he wanted the US release to be to begin with.

Ryan
08-09-2013, 01:05 AM
I feel that the Head like A Hole single artwork should be changed to the UK version. Trent himself said that the UK version was what he wanted the US release to be to begin with.

Yeah but it isn't what turned out to be the domestic release so keep it as is imo.

Ryan
08-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Just put the cover up on ninwiki for Copy Of A (just on the song page) until we determine if it should be made into a promo halo page. In any case, it's been uploaded now:

http://www.ninwiki.com/Copy_Of_A

http://www.ninwiki.com/images/7/7b/Coa.jpg

Amaro
08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
In the Reccuring Lyrics section, BYIT should be in the "I can/can't still feel" section.

gorast
08-17-2013, 07:52 PM
I was lurking around the song pages for Year Zero, and I noticed that for Zero-Sum, under the section detailing the Fringe version, the line under the lyrics that says "These lyrics may be incomplete, as the full edit of this version is not currently available" seems kind of misleading. Was there any evidence that suggested a longer version of the Fringe version even exists? If not, this should probably be removed.

Ryan
08-19-2013, 03:58 AM
So what should we do about Copy Of A? It isn't a promotional single really, it was just released early. Wikipedia currently has it listed as the next single after CBH, but I don't think so. "Everything" definitely will be though.

How should we categorize this? My OCD is out of control right now because it has cover art!

Ryan
08-19-2013, 04:29 AM
I was lurking around the song pages for Year Zero, and I noticed that for Zero-Sum, under the section detailing the Fringe version, the line under the lyrics that says "These lyrics may be incomplete, as the full edit of this version is not currently available" seems kind of misleading. Was there any evidence that suggested a longer version of the Fringe version even exists? If not, this should probably be removed.

I didn't even know this existed until now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrfXvdr5waI

piggy
08-19-2013, 07:19 AM
So what should we do about Copy Of A? It isn't a promotional single really, it was just released early. Wikipedia currently has it listed as the next single after CBH, but I don't think so. "Everything" definitely will be though.

How should we categorize this? My OCD is out of control right now because it has cover art!
I said this elsewhere on the forum, but there's no way it's an actual single since the NIN camp have not referred to it as such, it's only been called "our new song". As for having cover art, my theory is that each song from the digital album will probably have its own artwork, just like The Slip and Ghosts. So personally, I would just let it fall under the same odd category as "Echoplex", a song that was released on its own, but not as any kind of commercial or promotional item.

tony.parente
08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
I didn't even know this existed until now!

Wow, it looks like some of the visuals were even inspired by the LITS tour as well.

Is that a different mix? The vocals seem a little more up front...then again the multitracks were available so that wouldn't surprise me.

gorast
08-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow, it looks like some of the visuals were even inspired by the LITS tour as well.

Is that a different mix? The vocals seem a little more up front...then again the multitracks were available so that wouldn't surprise me.

It was probably mixed differently because Trent re-recorded the vocals, and he probably wanted them to be more audible because they're completely different.

piggy
08-19-2013, 11:05 PM
I said this elsewhere on the forum, but there's no way it's an actual single since the NIN camp have not referred to it as such, it's only been called "our new song". As for having cover art, my theory is that each song from the digital album will probably have its own artwork, just like The Slip and Ghosts. So personally, I would just let it fall under the same odd category as "Echoplex", a song that was released on its own, but not as any kind of commercial or promotional item.
I see they are also not referring to "Everything" as a single, so I don't know what the fuck. My reasoning for why "Copy Of A" couldn't be a single just went out the window. I mean, we know that "Everything" is a genuine single since it will have a video and it will have cover art that wasn't borrowed from art we've already seen. My position on "Copy Of A" hasn't changed, but I'm looking like kind of a dumbass right now.

Ryan
08-20-2013, 01:13 AM
I see they are also not referring to "Everything" as a single, so I don't know what the fuck. My reasoning for why "Copy Of A" couldn't be a single just went out the window. I mean, we know that "Everything" is a genuine single since it will have a video and it will have cover art that wasn't borrowed from art we've already seen. My position on "Copy Of A" hasn't changed, but I'm looking like kind of a dumbass right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A

"Copy of A" is the second single from the Nine Inch Nails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails) album Hesitation Marks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesitation_Marks). The single was given away for free on Amazon.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon.com) starting August 13, 2013 to anyone with a US or UK account.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A#cite_note-2)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A#cite_note-3) It was also made available to those who had pre-ordered the album from Nine Inch Nails' official online store, together with "Came Back Haunted" in a zip file labeled "Hesitation Marks Singles". The song had previously been played live in concert the summer before the official studio track was released.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A#cite_note-4)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A#cite_note-5)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A#cite_note-6)

Looks like the wikipedia people are considering CHB, Copy of A and Everything all as singles.

zecho
08-20-2013, 09:39 AM
So, I was listening to the Hyperpower! multitracks to hear what people were talking about, and I realized that the crowd never says hyperpower, they say something like "let them go, leave them alone". Yet ninwiki states that they say hyperpower. I realize that ninwiki isn't going to be 100% right, but I assumed the lyrics came from official sources. I think that lyrics transcribed by ear should have a notice that they are not official. And, of course, the Hyperpower! lyrics should be changed.

Leviathant
08-20-2013, 10:02 AM
So, I was listening to the Hyperpower! multitracks to hear what people were talking about, and I realized that the crowd never says hyperpower, they say something like "let them go, leave them alone". Yet ninwiki states that they say hyperpower. I realize that ninwiki isn't going to be 100% right, but I assumed the lyrics came from official sources. I think that lyrics transcribed by ear should have a notice that they are not official. And, of course, the Hyperpower! lyrics should be changed.

Have you signed up for a ninwiki account? You're welcome to make the adjustments yourself :)

zecho
08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I do have one, and plan on changing Hyperpower! later, but I don't know what tracks aren't official so I was just putting my thoughts out there for the people who regularly update the site.

piggy
08-20-2013, 07:56 PM
I just listened to the multitrack several times on headphones and my best guess is:

Won't, won't
They won't go
No, no
Leave them alone

Does anyone have some kind of program that could make the chants clearer?

butter_hole
08-21-2013, 05:25 AM
It's Tren'ts voice saying something like "War, war, fight the war" isn't it?

zecho
08-21-2013, 03:59 PM
"We won't
(Let?) them go
???
Fight them alone"

That's what I'm getting.

Ryan
08-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey dudes,

Is there any reason why ninwiki takes 1,000,000,000 years to load things? It's taken me about 45 minutes to create one new tour date page.

slave2thewage
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm considering adding the paragraph from 'In The Hills, The Cities' containing the "Stale incense, old sweat and lies..." section to the Sin page.

Good idea or not?

Ryan
09-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm considering adding the paragraph from 'In The Hills, The Cities' containing the "Stale incense, old sweat and lies..." section to the Sin page.

Good idea or not?

Cliver Barker mentioned it not long ago on FB and felt honored that Trent used it, so why not?

GrayscaleRain
09-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Finally finished with the Festival 2013 setlist and songs. Thanks for cleaning up my crappy formatting, Piggy. XD

It's been six years, but hey, I think I'll start going through the songs again and start writing up descriptions. I never did get to "The Only Time"...

piggy
09-26-2013, 10:54 PM
No problem, GR. I hope no one ever takes offense when I do things like that.

Ryan
11-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Since Zero-Sum has only partially been performed live, I put The New Flesh on the NIN songs never played live as well, as that too was only partial and missing most of the lyrics.

piggy
11-14-2013, 06:57 PM
So there's been a lot of spamming this week. How should I handle these folks? I tried deleting the contents of one of the pages but, predictably, they just put more crap back on it. Do I delete the pages, do I block the users or do I issue some sort of warning? And if I should give a warning, how do I go about it?

Ryan
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
What are they doing? Which pages in question?

piggy
11-14-2013, 10:41 PM
What are they doing? Which pages in question?
http://www.ninwiki.com/User:LawannaHein
http://www.ninwiki.com/User:NovellaHelena
http://www.ninwiki.com/User:JolieJackdi
http://www.ninwiki.com/User:StefanNONK

If you mouse over the links on those pages, you'll see what I mean. I'm sure the sites they linked aren't malicious but they're still considered spam, right?

Ryan
11-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah they should be banned, it's spam crap on them all.

piggy
11-14-2013, 11:38 PM
I wanted to block them from day one, but Tony said I should talk to him before I block anyone.

EDIT: I'm dumb. I think he was talking about legitimate users rather than obvious spammers.

TheBang
11-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Block and/or delete the users. It's Black Hat SEO posts. There's no point in talking to them. It'll probably continue to plague the Wiki, unless you put in some additional anti-spam measures, either at registration, or restricting what new users can post (i.e. no external links).

GrayscaleRain
11-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Since we're getting close to this leg of the current tour, I'm starting the setlist excel sheet again. n.n

I'll see if I can't get the stats by the time the sets finish in a couple of weeks. Though I'm leaving out the 'secret show' in LA because it seems to be irregular and we're... not really certain that it actually occurred just yet, are we? O.o?

Ryan
11-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, today is the final show of the 2013 leg of Tension. Who would like to do the honors of creating the "typical setlist" section? --

http://www.ninwiki.com/Live_2013-2014

Tension 2013 [edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=8)] Line-Up

Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, programming, guitar, backing vocals
Josh Eustis: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, saxophone
Robin Finck: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Lisa Fischer (http://www.ninwiki.com/Lisa_Fischer): Backing vocals
Sharlotte Gibson (http://www.ninwiki.com/Sharlotte_Gibson): Backing vocals
Pino Palladino (http://www.ninwiki.com/Pino_Palladino): Bass
Trent Reznor: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Ilan Rubin: Drums, cello

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=9)] Stage Set-Up The production for this leg was very different from the festival dates and was again a collaboration by Rob Sheridan, Roy Bennett and Moment Factory. When this leg was originally announced, Reznor was quoted as saying that it "picks up where Lights in the Sky left off" and that it was "the full-on Nine Inch Nails live experience realized as we never could before." It featured heavy use of "stealth screens", like those from the aforementioned tour, which could be raised and lowered throughout the set and which presented elaborate visuals. A unique lighting element was also added in the form of a number of nine-paneled geometric lighting rigs suspended over the band.
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=10)] Typical setlist to be announced

[Shep]
11-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Setlist.fm does it for you :)
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=Tension+2013

Ryan
11-25-2013, 05:52 PM
;154189']Setlist.fm does it for you :)
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=Tension+2013

True, but we go into a bit more depth at ninwiki, like with the Festival tour, i.e.:

Typical setlist

"Copy Of A (http://www.ninwiki.com/Copy_Of_A)"
"Sanctified (http://www.ninwiki.com/Sanctified)" or "Disappointed (http://www.ninwiki.com/Disappointed)"
"Came Back Haunted (http://www.ninwiki.com/Came_Back_Haunted_%28song%29)"
"1,000,000 (http://www.ninwiki.com/1,000,000)"
"March Of The Pigs (http://www.ninwiki.com/March_Of_The_Pigs_%28song%29)"
"Piggy (http://www.ninwiki.com/Piggy)"
"Terrible Lie (http://www.ninwiki.com/Terrible_Lie)"
"Burn (http://www.ninwiki.com/Burn_%28song%29)"
"Closer (http://www.ninwiki.com/Closer)"
"Gave Up (http://www.ninwiki.com/Gave_Up)"
"Help Me I Am In Hell (http://www.ninwiki.com/Help_Me_I_Am_In_Hell)"
"Me, I'm Not (http://www.ninwiki.com/Me,_I%27m_Not)" or "The Warning (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Warning_%28Year_Zero_song%29)"
"Find My Way (http://www.ninwiki.com/Find_My_Way)"
"The Way Out Is Through (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Way_Out_Is_Through)"
"Wish (http://www.ninwiki.com/Wish_%28song%29)"
"Survivalism (http://www.ninwiki.com/Survivalism_%28song%29)"
"Only (http://www.ninwiki.com/Only_%28song%29)"
"The Hand That Feeds (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Hand_That_Feeds_%28song%29)"
"Head Like A Hole (http://www.ninwiki.com/Head_Like_A_Hole_%28song%29)"
"Hurt (http://www.ninwiki.com/Hurt_%28song%29)"

"The Frail (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Frail)"/"The Wretched (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Wretched)" or "Reptile (http://www.ninwiki.com/Reptile)" was sometimes included after "Piggy".
"What If We Could? (http://www.ninwiki.com/What_If_We_Could%3F)" was sometimes played in addition to or instead of "Find My Way".
"Something I Can Never Have (http://www.ninwiki.com/Something_I_Can_Never_Have)" was played once in place of "Piggy" at the San Francisco, CA show.

Setlists for the three non-festival dates were longer and also more varied since minimal production was used. Other songs played during these shows include (in order of commonality): "Somewhat Damaged (http://www.ninwiki.com/Somewhat_Damaged)", "The Beginning Of The End (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Beginning_Of_The_End)", "I'm Afraid Of Americans (http://www.ninwiki.com/I%27m_Afraid_Of_Americans)", "The Good Soldier (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Good_Soldier)", "Pinion (http://www.ninwiki.com/Pinion)", "Dead Souls (http://www.ninwiki.com/Dead_Souls)", "La Mer (http://www.ninwiki.com/La_Mer)", "The Day The World Went Away (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Day_The_World_Went_Away_%28song%29)" and "The Line Begins To Blur (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Line_Begins_To_Blur)".

GrayscaleRain
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Well, today is the final show of the 2013 leg of Tension. Who would like to do the honors of creating the "typical setlist" section? --

Tension 2013

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=8)] Line-Up

Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, programming, guitar, backing vocals
Josh Eustis: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals, saxophone
Robin Finck: Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Lisa Fischer (http://www.ninwiki.com/Lisa_Fischer): Backing vocals
Sharlotte Gibson (http://www.ninwiki.com/Sharlotte_Gibson): Backing vocals
Pino Palladino (http://www.ninwiki.com/Pino_Palladino): Bass
Trent Reznor: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Ilan Rubin: Drums, cello

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=9)] Stage Set-Up

The production for this leg was very different from the festival dates and was again a collaboration by Rob Sheridan, Roy Bennett and Moment Factory. When this leg was originally announced, Reznor was quoted as saying that it "picks up where Lights in the Sky left off" and that it was "the full-on Nine Inch Nails live experience realized as we never could before." It featured heavy use of "stealth screens", like those from the aforementioned tour, which could be raised and lowered throughout the set and which presented elaborate visuals. A unique lighting element was also added in the form of a number of nine-paneled geometric lighting rigs suspended over the band.
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=10)] Typical setlist

to be announced

When I take a break from my art project tonight, I'll go about entering the last bit I have into excel and getting you guys the raw data. You can format it how you want like last time. n.n

Edit: Though the current one looks pretty accurate. o.o

Ryan
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
When I take a break from my art project tonight, I'll go about entering the last bit I have into excel and getting you guys the raw data. You can format it how you want like last time. n.n

Edit: Though the current one looks pretty accurate. o.o

Right, so someone has popped this up now:

Typical setlist

"Terrible Lie (http://www.ninwiki.com/Terrible_Lie)"
"All Time Low (http://www.ninwiki.com/All_Time_Low)"
"Disappointed (http://www.ninwiki.com/Disappointed)"
"Sanctified (http://www.ninwiki.com/Sanctified)"
"The Frail (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Frail)"
"The Wretched (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Wretched)"
"The Big Come Down (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Big_Come_Down)"
"Running (http://www.ninwiki.com/Running)"
"A Warm Place (http://www.ninwiki.com/A_Warm_Place)"
"Somewhat Damaged (http://www.ninwiki.com/Somewhat_Damaged)"

Encore:

"Various Methods Of Escape (http://www.ninwiki.com/Various_Methods_Of_Escape)"
"Even Deeper (http://www.ninwiki.com/Even_Deeper)"
"While I'm Still Here (http://www.ninwiki.com/While_I%27m_Still_Here)"
"Black Noise (http://www.ninwiki.com/Black_Noise)"

Now we need to refine it to include what songs sometimes replaced others, what songs were one-offs or rare appearances, and also include the songs done with Gary Numan, and the different layout of the set lists for Jimmy Kimmel and the Austin City Limits taping, as well as the other show (Vegas? was it?) that opened with All Time Low and went from there like Austin City Limits.

GrayscaleRain
11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Now we need to refine it to include what songs sometimes replaced others, what songs were one-offs or rare appearances, and also include the songs done with Gary Numan, and the different layout of the set lists for Jimmy Kimmel and the Austin City Limits taping, as well as the other show (Vegas? was it?) that opened with All Time Low and went from there like Austin City Limits.

Working on it! On the second Vegas show now. I'll check the tour journal and RITC for the list to the Calgary show if it's not put up soon. I doubt it'll be too strange so it won't throw the results off much even if I get some bad info.

Edit: Come to think of it, has the show even happened yet? It's only like... 8PM over there. XD

Edit II: Nope! Getting ahead of myself! Well I hope they have a good show. I wonder what Trent & Co. are going to be doing in the interim...

Ryan
11-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Working on it! On the second Vegas show now. I'll check the tour journal and RITC for the list to the Calgary show if it's not put up soon. I doubt it'll be too strange so it won't throw the results off much even if I get some bad info.

Edit: Come to think of it, has the show even happened yet? It's only like... 8PM over there. XD

Edit II: Nope! Getting ahead of myself! Well I hope they have a good show. I wonder what Trent & Co. are going to be doing in the interim...

"Reptile (http://www.ninwiki.com/Reptile)"
"I'm Afraid Of Americans (http://www.ninwiki.com/I%27m_Afraid_Of_Americans)"
"Only (http://www.ninwiki.com/Only_%28song%29)"
"All The Love In The World (http://www.ninwiki.com/All_The_Love_In_The_World)"
"While I'm Still Here (http://www.ninwiki.com/While_I%27m_Still_Here)"

GrayscaleRain
11-26-2013, 03:59 AM
"Reptile (http://www.ninwiki.com/Reptile)"
"March Of The Pigs (http://www.ninwiki.com/March_Of_The_Pigs_(song))"
"Came Back Haunted (http://www.ninwiki.com/Came_Back_Haunted_(song))"
"Survivalism (http://www.ninwiki.com/Survivalism_(song))"
"Wish (http://www.ninwiki.com/Wish_(song))"
"I'm Afraid Of Americans (http://www.ninwiki.com/I'm_Afraid_Of_Americans)"
"Only (http://www.ninwiki.com/Only_(song))"
"The Hand That Feeds (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Hand_That_Feeds_(song))"
"Head Like A Hole (http://www.ninwiki.com/Head_Like_A_Hole_(song))"
"All The Love In The World (http://www.ninwiki.com/All_The_Love_In_The_World)"
"While I'm Still Here (http://www.ninwiki.com/While_I'm_Still_Here)"
"Hurt (http://www.ninwiki.com/Hurt_(song))"

Thanks! Just got off a three hour call with my Dad so I'll get these entered in now. What's with the 'special rehearsal' in LA? Did we get any confirmation on that or is the setlist still BS as far as we know?

Ryan
11-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Thanks! Just got off a three hour call with my Dad so I'll get these entered in now. What's with the 'special rehearsal' in LA? Did we get any confirmation on that or is the setlist still BS as far as we know?

No proper confirmation anywhere. However, I'd note the songs that could have potentially been played, if it is legit, as a footnote at the end; namely:

The Eater Of Dreams / Pinion
Me, I'm Not
Gave Up
Please
The Becoming

GrayscaleRain
11-26-2013, 04:31 AM
No proper confirmation anywhere. However, I'd note the songs that could have potentially been played, if it is legit, as a footnote at the end; namely:

The Eater Of Dreams / Pinion
Me, I'm Not
Gave Up
Please
The Becoming

Alright. We'll footnote that. Also, whoever did the setlist got it down to a 'T'. All the songs on it are within the top 50% (except VMoE which is the top ranked song below 50%, thus, the most likely to be played as an encore song, which it was at times.) So, if you're reading this, great job Shep! o.o!

I'll get the other songs listed and whatever interesting notes about them I can. n.n

Edit: Done!

Ryan
11-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Alright. We'll footnote that. Also, whoever did the setlist got it down to a 'T'. All the songs on it are within the top 50% (except VMoE which is the top ranked song below 50%, thus, the most likely to be played as an encore song, which it was at times.) So, if you're reading this, great job Shep! o.o!

I'll get the other songs listed and whatever interesting notes about them I can. n.n

Edit: Done!

Nice work so far. I'm going to create a page for We Take Mystery (To Bed) and also include details about the shows that opened with All Time Low and how the order differed.

Ryan
11-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Nice work so far. I'm going to create a page for We Take Mystery (To Bed) and also include details about the shows that opened with All Time Low and how the order differed.

Aaaand, done.

piggy
11-28-2013, 03:54 AM
What do we do with this new Silverlake Festival date? Do we stick it with the Australia/NZ leg even though it's not part of it? Are there any previous instances of a random date that's not officially part of a leg?

Ryan
11-28-2013, 04:49 AM
What do we do with this new Silverlake Festival date? Do we stick it with the Australia/NZ leg even though it's not part of it? Are there any previous instances of a random date that's not officially part of a leg?

Hmmm, not sure. Maybe just add it into the "Unabridged Dates" section along with Kimmel and Austin City Limits?

Or add another section called "Unabridged Dates" in the 2014 section and put it there.

edit: I did the latter:

Dates

2014/03/06 Sydney, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/06_Sydney,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Sydney Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/07 Sydney, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/07_Sydney,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Sydney Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/08 Newcastle, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/08_Newcastle,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Newcastle Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/11 Perth, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/11_Perth,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Perth Arena)
2014/03/13 Adelaide, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/13_Adelaide,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (AEC Arena)
2014/03/14 Melbourne, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/14_Melbourne,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Rod Laver Arena)
2014/03/15 Melbourne, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/15_Melbourne,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Rod Laver Arena)
2014/03/17 Brisbane, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/17_Brisbane,_Australia&action=edit&redlink=1) (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/19 Auckland, New Zealand (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/19_Auckland,_New_Zealand&action=edit&redlink=1) (Vector Arena)
2014/03/22 Christchurch, New Zealand (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/22_Christchurch,_New_Zealand&action=edit&redlink=1) (CBS Canterbury Arena)

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=20)] Unabridged Dates

2014/03/01 Pattaya, Thailand (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=2014/03/01_Pattaya,_Thailand&action=edit&redlink=1) (Silverlake Music Festival)

piggy
11-28-2013, 05:28 AM
It seems like unabridged dates are always oddball things that aren't typical shows, which a festival appearance definitely would be, but I guess there's probably nothing else we can do. Frustrating, that.

Ryan
11-28-2013, 03:25 PM
For OCD people like us particularly.

Ryan
11-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Just added this in, feel free to tweak:

Variation The setlists for the Tension 2013 tour had more variation on a song-by-song basis than the Festival Tour and songs could be shuffled around a good bit between nights, so though certain songs are predictable, the order may not be. Examples include:

"Satellite (http://www.ninwiki.com/Satellite)", "In Two (http://www.ninwiki.com/In_Two)", "Into The Void (http://www.ninwiki.com/Into_The_Void_%28song%29)" and/or "I Would For You (http://www.ninwiki.com/I_Would_For_You)" included or replacing songs between "Find My Way" and "Survivalism".
"In This Twilight (http://www.ninwiki.com/In_This_Twilight)", "The Day The World Went Away (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Day_The_World_Went_Away_%28song%29)", "I'm Afraid Of Americans (http://www.ninwiki.com/I%27m_Afraid_Of_Americans)" or "All The Love In The World (http://www.ninwiki.com/All_The_Love_In_The_World)" sometimes appearing as part of the encore.
"Burn (http://www.ninwiki.com/Burn)" sometimes being included after "Wish" and once before "Survivalism".
"Echoplex (http://www.ninwiki.com/Echoplex)" sometimes appearing as part of the encore during the first half of the tour and sparingly earlier in the set thereafter.
"Only (http://www.ninwiki.com/Only_%28song%29)" being included between "Wish" and "The Hand That Feeds".
For shows that could not bring in the full production, the trio of Running (http://www.ninwiki.com/Running) / A Warm Place (http://www.ninwiki.com/A_Warm_Place) / Somewhat Damaged (http://www.ninwiki.com/Somewhat_Damaged) was typically replaced with "I'm Afraid Of Americans" followed by "Burn" or "Only".
The two Florida shows had encores with a guest appearance from Gary Numan (http://www.ninwiki.com/Gary_Numan) on "Reptile", followed by a performance of Numan's "We Take Mystery (To Bed) (http://www.ninwiki.com/We_Take_Mystery_%28To_Bed%29)".

butter_hole
11-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Wait until the three other shows taking place that week which are no-doubt about to be announced get revealed, and then call it the 2014 Asian Tour.

Ryan
12-05-2013, 05:30 PM
For The Eater Of Dreams, I put the lyrics as "Ain't goin' back" -- that's what I hear at the end, but Fangster posted this:

I'd say "Let go of me"

Ninwiki says "Ain't going back"

I hear that too, now. What's the general consensus?

Ryan
12-09-2013, 04:10 AM
bump bump bumpe le bump

GrayscaleRain
12-09-2013, 10:13 AM
For The Eater Of Dreams, I put the lyrics as "Ain't goin' back" -- that's what I hear at the end, but Fangster posted this:

I hear that too, now. What's the general consensus?

I'd always thought it was "Red on black."

ethan829
12-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I'd always thought it was "Red on black."

I always thought it was "It comes back."

Ryan
12-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Someone needs to ask Trent.

Fangster_
12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Damn, and we just had the chance to ask him anything. ANYTHING GUYS.

Ryan
12-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Maybe Rob will know on twitter.

butter_hole
12-18-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm pretty sure he's saying It Goes Black ?

As in it ties with Black Noise?

Ryan
01-21-2014, 03:09 PM
If anyone is in the mood for making updates, RECOILED is on Wikipedia, but not on NINwiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recoiled

Conversely, the 2014 Remix EP (Seed 8) is on NINwiki, but not on Wikipedia:

http://www.ninwiki.com/Remix_2014_EP

For the RECOILED page on Wikipedia (and indeed, when someone puts it on NINwiki), I think it would be a good idea to include the full track listing of the original Uncoiled release. It isn't listed on the current Wikipedia page.
@piggy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568) or @sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=350) - interested in doing this? I'm at work.

piggy
01-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Recoiled page is up. I was getting it ready a few days ago, as a matter of fact.

leo3375
01-21-2014, 11:20 PM
The page for the Gone Girl soundtrack is also up. Any new updates are more than welcome:

http://www.ninwiki.com/Gone_Girl_Soundtrack

sebas_marin
01-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Page for the 2014/04/03 Bogotá, Colombia (Estéreo Picnic Festival 2014), Latin america tour 2014 (http://www.ninwiki.com/Live_2013-2014#Latin_America_Tour):

http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/04/03_Bogotá,_Colombia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/04/03_Bogot%C3%A1,_Colombia)

Estéreo Picnic Festival 2014

http://www.ninwiki.com/images/thumb/1/1c/Estere.jpg/600px-Estere.jpg

http://www.ninwiki.com/images/2/24/Nin_latin_tour_2014.jpg

Halo Infinity
01-31-2014, 01:01 PM
I really don't have much to say about NinWiki, but it's very stellar when it came to being informative as it should be, and it has also certainly spared me from asking more questions in the Random NIN Questions thread. I'd definitely recommend it to anybody that has heard of Nine Inch Nails for the first time, and was genuinely interested about him, as opposed to the regular Wikipedia pages of Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor.

Ryan
04-02-2014, 09:54 PM
piggy or sheepdean

Could one of you please update the Still page and include the extended artwork available in the iTunes PDF?

http://www.ninwiki.com/Still

Extended artwork:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj6z3787sfqbf4r/Digital%20Booklet%20-%20Still.pdf

bruised
04-02-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd just like to say I went on ninwiki for the first time last night, and it's awesome. That's all.

sheepdean
04-02-2014, 11:59 PM
@piggy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568) or @sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=350)

Could one of you please update the Still page and include the extended artwork available in the iTunes PDF?

Extended artwork:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj6z3787sfqbf4r/Digital%20Booklet%20-%20Still.pdf
Would you mind grabbing the image from the page? I don't really want to use a screencapture and my pdf editor is a being a shit

Ryan
04-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Would you mind grabbing the image from the page? I don't really want to use a screencapture and my pdf editor is a being a shit

Screen caps are the best I can do. They look fine:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/4j57at.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/208y887.jpg

piggy
04-03-2014, 02:59 AM
Thanks guys, that is really cool. Now I can finally tell what the image is (looks like it's a photo David took through the window of an airplane, with the turbine on the left and the ocean with boats below.)

katara
04-03-2014, 04:10 AM
How about these alternate names for And All That Could Have Been? Does anyone aside from me even know these exist?

http://i59.tinypic.com/orhsu8.jpg

And here's some alternate art for Still. Basically the same sort of thing but very green and pixellated. Oh, and it's called 'QUIET'.

http://i57.tinypic.com/11w6cdf.jpg

I do have more but I don't know if this sort of thing is important to anyone. Sorry for the poor quality; these were taken on my phone.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Where did you get those things from?!

piggy
04-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Yeah, that stuff is referenced in the second paragraph on the Still and AATCHB pages and the citations link to some scans on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10729782@N03/4638360700/in/set-72157624007552825/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10729782@N03/4637750807/in/set-72157624007552825/

katara
04-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Where did you get those things from?!
They're from David Carson's book Trek which is easily available from places like amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Trek-David-Carson-Recent-Werk/dp/1584230460/). It's kind of a big book and I've only ever seen it in hardcover, but it is littered with NIN gems from the AATCHB era.
I think I'd recommend his book Fotografiks over it, which is chock full of stuff from The Fragile. Plus, you can buy it new for like $10. I'd say it's worth owning if you're a fan of what he did on that album.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 05:18 PM

That looks much sexier now.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/orhsu8.jpg

Kinda ironic that two of these titles reference "We're In This Together" ('You And Me'; 'Even After Everything' ) and it was never played live then, as well as "Underneath It All" ('I Can Still Feel You' - although that one may be referencing 'The Great Below').

Then again "And All That Could Have Been" wasn't played live either, but again that could be referring to "The Great Below".

Two of the other three are obvious "What It Feels Like" ('The Wretched'), "Still We Crawl" ('The Way Out Is Through').

Any idea what "Remains" could refer to, apart from possibly "Underneath It All"?

katara
04-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Any idea what "Remains" could refer to, apart from possibly "Underneath It All"?
Maybe it's just a concept. If something is 'fragile', it can be broken, leaving nothing but remains.

Ryan
04-06-2014, 03:29 AM
@piggy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568) and @sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=350) , we need to add in the typical setlist sections for AU and Latin America if anyone gets time:

http://www.ninwiki.com/Live_2013-2014#Oceania.2FAsia_Tour

Oceania/Asia Tour

This tour took place during February and March 2014 and the Australia/New Zealand dates were a co-headlining tour with Queens Of The Stone Age (http://www.ninwiki.com/Queens_Of_The_Stone_Age). Which band played first was determined by a coin toss.[5] (http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/63552719240/nine-inch-nails-and-queens-of-the-stone-age-will) For the Japanese shows, Alessandro Cortini (http://www.ninwiki.com/Alessandro_Cortini) performed an instrumental support set. Brody Dalle (http://www.ninwiki.com/Related_bands_and_artists#Brody_Dalle) opened for Australia and New Zealand shows.
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=15)] Line-Up

Alessandro Cortini: Keyboards, programming, guitar, bass, backing vocals
Robin Finck (http://www.ninwiki.com/Robin_Finck): Guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Trent Reznor (http://www.ninwiki.com/Trent_Reznor): Vocals, guitar, keyboards
Ilan Rubin (http://www.ninwiki.com/Ilan_Rubin): Drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, backing vocals

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=16)] Stage Set-Up

to be announced
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=17)] Typical Setlist

to be announced
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=18)] Dates

2014/02/25 Tokyo, Japan (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/02/25_Tokyo,_Japan) (Studio Coast)
2014/02/26 Tokyo, Japan (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/02/26_Tokyo,_Japan) (Studio Coast)
2014/02/28 Tokyo, Japan (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/02/28_Tokyo,_Japan) (Studio Coast)
2014/03/01 Pattaya, Thailand (Silverlake Music Festival) [CANCELLED]

[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=19)] NIN + QOTSA

2014/03/06 Sydney, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/06_Sydney,_Australia) (Qantas Credit Union Arena)
2014/03/07 Sydney, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/07_Sydney,_Australia) (Qantas Credit Union Arena)
2014/03/08 Newcastle, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/08_Newcastle,_Australia) (Newcastle Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/11 Perth, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/11_Perth,_Australia) (Perth Arena)
2014/03/13 Adelaide, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/13_Adelaide,_Australia) (AEC Arena)
2014/03/14 Melbourne, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/14_Melbourne,_Australia) (Rod Laver Arena)
2014/03/15 Melbourne, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/15_Melbourne,_Australia) (Rod Laver Arena)
2014/03/17 Brisbane, Australia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/17_Brisbane,_Australia) (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)
2014/03/19 Auckland, New Zealand (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/19_Auckland,_New_Zealand) (Vector Arena)
2014/03/20 Wellington, New Zealand (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/20_Wellington,_New_Zealand) (TSB Bank Arena)
2014/03/22 Christchurch, New Zealand (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/22_Christchurch,_New_Zealand) (CBS Canterbury Arena)

Latin America Tour

This tour will take place during March and April 2014.
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=21)] Line-Up

to be announced
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=22)] Stage Set-Up

to be announced
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=23)] Typical Setlist

to be announced
[edit (http://www.ninwiki.com/index.php?title=Live_2013-2014&action=edit&section=24)] Dates

2014/03/27 Mexico City, Mexico (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/27_Mexico_City,_Mexico) (Vive Latino Festival)
2014/03/29 Santiago, Chile (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/03/29_Santiago,_Chile) (Lollapalooza Chile)
2014/04/01 Buenos Aires, Argentina (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/04/01_Buenos_Aires,_Argentina) (Lollapalooza Argentina)
2014/04/03 Bogotá, Colombia (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/04/03_Bogot%C3%A1,_Colombia) (Festival Estéreo Picnic)
2014/04/05 São Paulo, Brazil (http://www.ninwiki.com/2014/04/05_S%C3%A3o_Paulo,_Brazil) (Lollapalooza Brasil)
2014/04/06 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Citibank Hall) [CANCELLED]

piggy
04-07-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm hoping that GrayscaleRain is interested in doing those. Not to sound lazy or anything, it's just that GR is very good at it.

Ryan
04-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Hear that GrayscaleRain ??? :)

GrayscaleRain
04-22-2014, 02:26 PM
piggy; Ryan
Sorry! School's been kicking my ass the last few weeks. @_@ I'll start compiling stuff for Australia and Latin America this week. ^_^

Edit: Also, thank you for the compliment! That made me smile, I was just anxious to reply asap that I forgot to mention it! XD Also also, the Japanese dates get lumped in with the Oceania shows, right?

piggy
04-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Don't sweat it, we're just glad for the help. And yes, the Japanese dates are with the Oceania stuff.

Ryan
04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
piggy and I love things nice and orderly.

GrayscaleRain
04-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Data compilation is done for the Japan and Oceania shows!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZxQqFJKPoT60p4Mpk-5QMdQt81aZUhzKVlQyyWWj-MI/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to figure out a sample setlist soon, but from just looking at the data, it seems like there were three or four 'sets' that the band could choose from and then pick out certain songs they wanted to play, so while there does seem to be a rhyme and reason to it, and there does appear to be patterns, there's no one pattern that can be applied to the majority of the shows... Lovely. 6_9 Also, this tour contained 43 separate songs! I'm not sure if that's a record, but it's certainly a LOT. Also, there do seem to be pairs and groups of songs; A Warm Place / Somewhat Damaged; The Hand That Feeds / Head Like A Hole / Hurt; The Eater of Dreams + Pinion / Copy of A; etc. ...but not always. XD

Ryan
04-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Interesting how TLBTB and SICNH are in sets but only very scarcely played. Trent must have to be in a certain mood to play those songs.

piggy
04-26-2014, 12:17 AM
If need be, we can just sort of treat it like the Performance 2007 tour where we just state that the setlists were highly varied due to fewer constraints in the production. To my mind, it doesn't necessarily have to collated if it's a statistical nightmare and there's no way to do it succinctly.

Ryan
05-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I have faith in GrayscaleRain!

GrayscaleRain
08-03-2014, 11:50 AM
@Ryan (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=67)

;o; It's been three months and none of these are done? *sad*

Just kidding. ^_^ Hehe. I guess I have a lot more work to dooooooooo... XD I feel so bad now!

Edit: Good, I still have the Oceania/Australia stuff on my HDD, so I don't have to start that over. It's still uploaded on my GoogleDrive anyway, or should be. (I don't really remove things from there.) I'll start poking away at the tours since and get something back to you this week. I'm going to be busy, but it'll be a fun distraction.

sheepdean
08-03-2014, 12:08 PM
So, when are we taking down the ad for the NIN phone cases, as casemate hasn't done them in like 2 years

piggy
08-15-2014, 10:18 PM
@GrayscaleRain (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=203882)

I decided to split the Oceania/Asia tour into Japan and NIN + QOTSA, it's just really been bugging me that I had those merged. I realized that there have been other tour sections in the past that were just as small as the Japan one and I wanted to get in line with how tour.nin.com had laid it out and also sites like NINtourhistory and RITC. I really hope that doesn't fuck up all your data. I really apologize if it does.

Ryan
08-24-2014, 05:42 AM
For some reason none of the ninwiki pages are loading for me. The borders will, but the main content won't.

tony.parente
08-24-2014, 06:01 AM
For some reason none of the ninwiki pages are loading for me. The borders will, but the main content won't.
It's working just fine over here in the states.

Ryan
08-24-2014, 06:37 AM
It's working just fine over here in the states.

That's odd:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2pzmsrc.jpg

Ryan
08-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh wait, cleared cache. All good now.

tony.parente
08-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Oh wait, cleared cache. All good now.

You clogged up your tubes.

Ryan
08-24-2014, 06:44 AM
You clogged up your tubes.

Wait.

Now it isn't working again.

I can view everything fine when I'm logged out, but it's blank when I'm logged in.

wat.

jmtd
08-24-2014, 06:45 AM
I always find it impossibly slow to edit. Next time i might try using mvc.

Ryan
08-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Wait.

I can view everything fine when I'm logged out, but it's blank when I'm logged in.

wat.

This is happening in both FF and Chrome.

tony.parente
08-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Wait.

wat.

So now it's acting funny for me too.

ninwikis tubes are clogged.

piggy
08-25-2014, 12:44 AM
It's been doing that for me as well. I checked it just now and still the same thing.

Maul
08-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Just looked and I don't have the problem.

Ryan
08-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Still isn't working for me when logged in.

leo3375
08-26-2014, 11:52 PM
I can only see recent changes from the last couple of days and the home page is blank. I think Malechite's gonna need to send in the trained weasels to fix it.

sheepdean
08-27-2014, 01:10 AM
I have to log out to see pages, then log in to edit. No idea the bug

Ryan
08-27-2014, 11:41 PM
I can't edit anything as the pages are all still coming up blank when I'm logged in.

sheepdean
08-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah it's a pain, you have to go the long way round

Ryan
08-28-2014, 12:16 AM
How do I do that?

Ryan
08-28-2014, 04:16 AM
Yeah it's a pain, you have to go the long way round

Oh wait, I worked it out.

Ryan
08-28-2014, 05:11 AM
So I edited a bunch of pages (all the 2014 shows that were missing since the 16th) but I can't see them/they won't load whether I'm logged in or logged out.

FIX THIS PLEASE! Malechite

Malechite
08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
So I edited a bunch of pages (all the 2014 shows that were missing since the 16th) but I can't see them/they won't load whether I'm logged in or logged out.

FIX THIS PLEASE! @Malechite (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7)

I've been meaning to move the host to a Cpanel based server and upgrade the wiki software to solve some of these issues, but I need to work with the server guy who is usually pretty busy, so it hasn't happened as quickly as I would like.

I am aware, and I am doing something about it, but it might be a while.

Ryan
08-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Thanks Malechite

Can anyone view anything related to the most recent tour? I can edit pages but I can't see the general NIN 2013-2014 page or any of the show pages.

I've edited all of them but want to review them to make sure I didn't make any errors, but can't.

It's a bit lame.

piggy
08-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Still nothing showing up for me. I've only been doing tiny edits that I don't need to review.

Malechite
09-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I'll be putting the wiki into read-only mode soon as we prepare for the server migration.

Malechite
09-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Upgrade and database migration is complete. The site should be full operational, and much faster! Let me know if there are issues.

sheepdean
09-03-2014, 11:39 AM
ITT: sheepdean does annoying minor points

The "edit" button on subheadings should be pushed to the right
If it's possible to return the categories bar to their old layout, it fit the page better, if not it's liveable with
The summary box's text is unusually big and looks like it might be some minor CSS error

Also, it's SO much faster, awesome

TheBang
09-03-2014, 01:31 PM
OMG, finally, it's so much faster, and not dog-slow. Good job, Malechite, thanks!

Malechite
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
I definitely have to do some style cleanup because mediawiki had changed some things that my style doesn't account for. I will tackle that soon. My main priority was making things fast and functional. Thanks for the feedback!

piggy
09-05-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm not planning on doing any more edits until all the back end work is done, but I did notice today that the main page doesn't give me the edit option anymore, even though I'm a mod and I've edited it before.

Malechite
09-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm not planning on doing any more edits until all the back end work is done, but I did notice today that the main page doesn't give me the edit option anymore, even though I'm a mod and I've edited it before.

Well the back end work is all done, so you're good to make edits and whatnot.

as far as the main page, looks like the default group permissions changed with the upgrade. you're actually a "mod" not "administrator" and i can't choose to let mods edit protected pages, but i'll work on adding that permission.

Ryan
09-06-2014, 02:38 AM
All working well now.

piggy
09-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I wonder why we're currently getting spammed so hard. It's really obnoxious.

Throw_it_away9
09-23-2014, 04:13 PM
By popular demand, THROW IT AWAY now has its own NIN Wiki (http://www.ninwiki.com/Throw_It_Away_(podcast)) page.

*popular demand may be a bit exaggerated . . .

Ryan
09-23-2014, 11:11 PM
piggy sheepdean Malechite -

1) We need the Gone Girl Soundtrack icon put on the main page

2) Should we change the name of the page to what it's called on the artwork, namely "Gone Girl - Soundtrack From The Motion Picture"? Or should we keep it the same as the preceding two soundtracks to avoid confusion?

3) Should we add the CD/Vinyl (http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10) cover artwork to the page as well? The one with the different color hue to the digital download?

sheepdean
09-23-2014, 11:17 PM
I was hoping on a better quality version of the alt art before upload, but I guess we can go low quality for now - grab Amazon's when they add it though. As for the page name - I'm willing to move it if there's consensus, but it's important we leave the redirect because no one is going to know to search for that name.

Main page icon I'll get to work on.

sheepdean
09-23-2014, 11:36 PM
What's everyone's opinion on making a page listing all the soundtracks? At this point, Trent's worked directly on 6, plus one hour photo, and Tomb Raider & The Crow of course had original music made for them. I feel at this point a summary page might be useful? Or would that just be clutter that's handled by the bar on the homepage?

leo3375
09-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Could be redundant. There's the bar on the home page, and the category of Soundtracks.

piggy
09-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Regarding the title of the Gone Girl page... Personally, I think we should leave the title as 'Gone Girl Soundtrack'. If we were to get that technical, the NBK page would need to be called 'Natural Born Killers: A Soundtrack For An Oliver Stone Film', for example.

As for a soundtrack summary page, it might be a good idea. We do have the soundtracks category, but a page that gives little capsule explanations of all of his different involvements could be nice. I could knock something together for that if you like.

Ryan
09-25-2014, 03:03 AM
piggy sheepdean -

I edited the Gone Girl page and added the track lengths as per here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2835-Gone-Girl-Confirmed-by-TR-1-21-2014?p=216151#post216151

Though I noticed the page for Dragon Tattoo doesn't list the track lengths (The Social Network page does).

I don't have the music on me at the moment to list the track times for Dragon Tattoo. Could one of you kindly add it in for me?

Akahige
09-25-2014, 06:04 PM
What's everyone's opinion on making a page listing all the soundtracks? At this point, Trent's worked directly on 6, plus one hour photo, and Tomb Raider & The Crow of course had original music made for them. I feel at this point a summary page might be useful? Or would that just be clutter that's handled by the bar on the homepage?I personally like this idea.

piggy
09-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Dragon Tattoo track times added. Also added those for the download sampler.

GrayscaleRain
10-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Is there a page for the as yet unreleased Tension 2013 DVD? o.o? I'd like to do live/studio track comparisons, but there's no telling when the rest of the tracks will see the light of day, if ever. ;o; (It's starting to get into "soon" territory.)

fillow
10-08-2014, 01:45 AM
^^
I think it's more suitable for individual song pages

GrayscaleRain
10-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Oh yeah. I'd rather do that on the individual song pages. Sorry if that wasn't clear. XD I was just wondering if there was an actual page for the DVD or not, or if it's not been necessary as of yet since it's kind of lost in limbo at the moment. I couldn't find one while I was mucking around on the Live 2013-2014 pages, which is why I asked.

piggy
10-08-2014, 04:36 AM
As soon as the DVD is officially announced by the NIN camp, we'll have a page up. There wasn't one yet because we don't know what the title will end up being.

GrayscaleRain
10-08-2014, 04:53 AM
That makes sense. Hadn't even thought about that. And boy, there have been a lot of spambots lately. @_@ The second page of recent changes is FULL of them.

piggy
10-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I know, right? It's pretty out of control for some reason.

leo3375
10-08-2014, 10:23 PM
I created some pages for the tracks on the Gone Girl soundtrack. They just need to be filled in.

leo3375
10-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Sorry for the double-post. But I have to say this:

UGH! I swear I've blocked and blasted at least 1,000 spam accounts/pages in the last week alone! I really think that NIN Wiki should disable new account creations until the spam situation is under control.

piggy
10-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Totally agree. I don't know if it has anything to do with the recent transition that the wiki went through or if it's just coincidence, but it's just outrageous. And you deserve major love for keeping things cleaned up.

GrayscaleRain
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Yeah. Thanks, Leo. It really seems like it's been a colossal pain. u.u; Maybe a captcha or questionnaire for account creation might help? Something that can be easily implemented but would be hard for a computer to figure out, yanno? Maybe something NIN themed. n.n Like determining album covers or something. XD (It's a silly idea, but yeah, any anti-bot measures would be welcome.)

fillow
11-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Something that has been bothering me for a long time: we need to find a way to eliminate this ugliness from quotation blocks:

http://c2n.me/jeiuna.png

TheBang
11-06-2014, 02:18 PM
That the way the preformatted text block (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting) works. If you want it to look differently, then you shouldn't be using that. You should create a Quotation template instead. Something like this, maybe:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Template:Cquote

sheepdean
01-10-2015, 02:04 AM
I think I've blocked and deleted over 200 spam bots and page of late, can we PLEASE make the captcha harder?

Ryan
01-10-2015, 03:12 AM
I think I've blocked and deleted over 200 spam bots and page of late, can we PLEASE make the captcha harder?

"What is a common NIN term that is reminiscent of Danny Lloyd's catch phrase from The Shining, but relates to Trent Reznor's bush?"

jmtd
04-14-2015, 02:47 AM
Late to say, cool work to whoever updated the domain :)

leo3375
04-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Dost mine eyes deceive me? Have all the spambots finally disappeared?

Jon
04-30-2015, 08:42 AM
I compiled some artwork for 'Welcome oblivion' as I noticed mine is "better" quality. The PNG's (1500x1500 @ 72 dpi) were extracted from the official 24/96 FLAC digital download (http://web.archive.org/web/20130517153951/http://store.destroyangels.com/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=14). Individual track JPEG's were generated with no alterations using GIMP 2 via Export @ (100) Quality. Maybe you guys can use some of this :)

How to destroy angels_ - Welcome oblivion (artwork) (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-pFPN3gFrfzfmJzdWRMSlBTaEYtd0MwdzF0NGlWa1Q4Vm1sUVg5 VUgzVzRzRUtNem5tWms&usp=sharing)

Leviathant
04-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Dost mine eyes deceive me? Have all the spambots finally disappeared?
Malechite has been quietly busy

sheepdean
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM
@Malechite (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7) has been quietly busy
ssh let's not jinx it

But seriously it's so much nicer now. I might actually take some time and make that remixes page finally now

Jon
04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
...And here's 'The Slip'. These are the "center-cropped" originals from the artwork folder present with the 24/96 FLAC/WAV download (http://theslip.nin.com/).

The "center-cropped" embedded artwork is a mess across the lossless formats, with varying filesizes. The original artwork for "1,000,000" was improperly exported, resulting in a bloated, half-functioning JPEG. I properly exported this "original" through GIMP 2 with no alterations (metadata intact) at (92) Quality to match the rest of the JPEG's for 'The Slip'. I also included the original bloated JPEG to be thorough.

These are all 1200x1200 @ 300 dpi JPEG, which I thought would supplement the current 800x800 @ 72 dpi "non-centered" images from the MP3's nicely. The front cover is also quite a bit higher quality than the one currently on the wiki.

Nine Inch Nails - The Slip (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pFPN3gFrfzfjVIcEZWdXJyOUZhYURxaEtsdHJVNURnbnFPUEdK OHhrQVpYU0JKN3FhYWM&authuser=0)

EDIT: Here's the cover for the 'Gone Girl (Soundtrack)' taken from the MP3 digital download. Image is 2136x2136 @ 150 dpi JPEG (with metadata).

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Gone Girl (Soundtrack) (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pFPN3gFrfzfkVUbWFzSFNka3V1TlFzNkU2QUh1TjdYUnI4dktZ M1JienBwbzAyQW5nR2s&authuser=0)

sheepdean
06-24-2015, 10:14 PM
I've started work on the remixes page (only taken me like, 4 years to actually start it...) http://www.nin.wiki/Remixes

Before I do the whole thing, some feedback about how it looks and if I'm missing anything (and if division by era is best), plus anything generally that might be needed?

Also: do demo versions count (Purest Feeling included) as remixes? I will be including alt takes, such as Discipline's single version.

(My reason for not adding description is the song pages do that perfectly well)

piggy
06-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Cool idea. I don't think any demos should be included, definitely not PF anyway. I think demo stretches the definition of remix too much.

I would recommend also adding the running time to each track. I was about to start adding running times to the versions sections of all the song pages, and this would be a way better place to have that info.

Also, is there any way you can get each column to have the same width from top to bottom? That would look really nice.

sheepdean
06-24-2015, 11:02 PM
I would recommend also adding the running time to each track. I was about to start adding running times to the versions sections of all the song pages, and this would be a way better place to have that info.

Also, is there any way you can get each column to have the same width from top to bottom? That would look really nice.
I can add the runtime column yeah. Probably will be blank for many, as I don't have all of them (not going to spend £100 on a radio promo to find out if a clean edit is the same length as the album one, etc)

Getting all the columns the same width is a little annoying and I'll probably try to do that once it's finished, so I know what has to be wider

Ryan
06-24-2015, 11:16 PM
I've started work on the remixes page (only taken me like, 4 years to actually start it...) http://www.nin.wiki/Remixes

Before I do the whole thing, some feedback about how it looks and if I'm missing anything (and if division by era is best), plus anything generally that might be needed?

Also: do demo versions count (Purest Feeling included) as remixes? I will be including alt takes, such as Discipline's single version.

(My reason for not adding description is the song pages do that perfectly well)

Gave Up (Film Mix)
Uncoiled
Remixed by Coil, Danny Hyde

^ Isn't that actually tagged as (Flim Mix)?

sheepdean
06-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Gave Up (Film Mix)
Uncoiled
Remixed by Coil, Danny Hyde

^ Isn't that actually tagged as (Flim Mix)?
Hah, this is why it's a wiki. I'll fix that, once it's all done y'all can come in and just fix all my errors, I'm sure I'll have some timestamps wrongs

Ryan
06-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Maybe Levi named it that in honor of RDJ.

sheepdean
06-25-2015, 12:48 AM
Gonna have to pause doing it as I do boring, real life stuff - next section is The Fragile era, and I've been going tracklist of the main album with other tracks at the end if anyone wants to continue, if not I'll pick it up later.

This is the only day I'm glad Ghosts doesn't have a remix album...

Ryan
06-25-2015, 05:57 AM
Gonna have to pause doing it as I do boring, real life stuff - next section is The Fragile era, and I've been going tracklist of the main album with other tracks at the end if anyone wants to continue, if not I'll pick it up later.

This is the only day I'm glad Ghosts doesn't have a remix album...

If memory serves correctly, when Trent put the instrumental version of TDS on remix.nin.com, wasn't the version of Hurt non-instrumental? Or a rough mix or something?