PDA

View Full Version : [Music] Need help with a 'band' name

lukeobriain
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, it's not so much a band, but a name under which to release my music on the net. I produce electronic, synth and experimental tracks. I'm struggling with a name. I've tried using 'WLVS' and 'Sipah' but I'm not happy with either of them.

A lot of my influence comes from Trent, Aphex Twin, A Perfect Circle and many Synth pop bands (just to give you an idea of the style of music).

So any suggestions would be fantastic!

eversonpoe
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
my username is the same as my musical pseudonym. it's the name of a character that's only mentioned twice in my favorite book series, but is the brother of the main character.

i would say pick something that means something to you (a book, a film, a song), and find something within that which really resonates with you.

Jinsai
08-28-2013, 03:23 PM
some band name suggestions:

Broken Sorcerer
Windchimes for Dorothy
Pudding Stench
Staplegun
Pixie Logic
Five Hour Energy
(The) Trade Paperback(s)
Balloon Factory

In all seriousness though, picking a name to call yourself should be something you come up with. If your music did catch on, and someone later asked you in an interview "how did you come up with the name Balloon Factory," it would suck to have to say "some guy suggested it on a website when I asked for suggestions for band names."

Actually, maybe that's best answer to that question, even if it isn't true...

if you really get stuck, there's always this (http://www.bandnamemaker.com/)

Butterscotch
08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Name your band (version).

Or Fist Fuck. :p

allegro
08-28-2013, 04:50 PM
The Marshall Fucker Band