PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I recently powered through all the episodes of Breaking Bad, Man Men, and Game of Thrones and this show was the best, hands-down. The characters are fascinating, the story is interesting, and it doesn't hurt to have a sex scene every three minutes (thanks HBO). Seeing as how I haven't read any of the books, I'm pretty excited for season two.

Daenerys and her newly-hatched dragons, Joffrey as King, Winter on the way, the White Walkers, and tons of other things have me pretty excited to see how season two will turn out.

Anyone else here a fan?

EDIT: Oh, didn't even notice there was a spoiler code.

pequena
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh, man, I HIGHLY recommend going and reading the first book now that you've watched the 1st season. It's AMAZING and it catches you the same way the show does, probably because the show stuck so closely to the novel. There are maybe 2 relatively poignant scenes that were not originally in the book that they stuck in the series, but it's fine and dandy.

I'm being forbidden by the boyfriend from reading book 2 until season 2 starts :p This is going to be difficult.

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
So the books and seasons go together? I wasn't sure if they divided them up some weird way or something. That's good to know, now I can read the first book spoiler-free.

pequena
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah, so far I'm in the last quarter of the book and...
it's right after they find Benjen's dead rangers north of the wall and before Ned's execution
so from the looks of how much is left in the book, it matches up nicely.

Malechite
11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I absolutely love this show. I havent been taken into a fantasy story in a long time, and GoT has it all! The writing, casting, and production value are just perfect.

Season 2 in April!

kdrcraig
12-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I started reading the first book so I re-watched the first season this week. Just as great as the first time through, nice to see that the show followed the book pretty closely as well. Glad I started reading the books, was originally going to wait until after the TV show was done.

Alexandros
12-01-2011, 10:13 AM
This show is amazing and introduced me to this wondefully enjoyable book series. I've now gotten into the fourth book (or fifth, depending which edition you have, I have the edition where they've split Storm of Swords in two separate books, anyway I'm in A Feast for Crows is what I'm saying), and I'm simply bursting with anticipation about how they're going to tackle a number of scenes in the future. I do hope the production value and writing level remain top notch for years to come, the first season set the bar real high, especially considering how they've managed to stay true to the book. And so far the casting for the new characters of Season 2 seems pretty spot on.

pequena
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Eeeeeee!! Arya Stark's new look:
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/12/1/arya-starks-new-look.html?cmpid=ABC587

terryzen
12-01-2011, 03:20 PM
was wanting to read the books for years then saw the show on HBO and ended up reading all the books. They're gonna do a 9 month shoot to do Storm of Swords book so when they air a year apart, no continuity issues. shit gets real during third book.

dominik
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I think it would be better to wait to read book 2 until season 2 is out, no?

Harry Seaward
12-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I think it would be better to wait to read book 2 until season 2 is out, no?

That'd be my assumption, and what I'm going to do.

dominik
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
best scene so far is by the way this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyVkPn5CqkM

so fucking epic.

Malechite
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM

so fucking epic.

Yesssss, that was amazing. Now you're getting me all antsy for the new season.

Harry Seaward
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Forgot to mention Peter Dinklage. He's definitely one of the best actors in the show.

pequena
12-01-2011, 05:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyVkPn5CqkM

so fucking epic.

I have to disagree with you there ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI

Conan The Barbarian
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I have yet to watch this show. Is this show really that bad ass?

Malechite
12-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Yes. yes it is. I was blown away within the first couple episodes. Check it out on HBO on-demand or the other places you may look to find shows

kdrcraig
12-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Forgot to mention Peter Dinklage. He's definitely one of the best actors in the show.

Agreed, I just rewatched it and he really is fantastic in the show.

slave2thewage
12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
DVD/Blu-Ray: March 6th.

dominik
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
they just showed the boxset on facebook:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/390851_10150405941607734_74133697733_8663112_19086 61555_n.jpg

this is so awesome, hopefully it will be as badass with a german release!!

Vertigo
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Hot damn, that is one hell of a box! I only started enjoying GoT towards the end of the season, but am still tempted to pick up the set for that map and what I presume is a set of family trees.

Primitive
12-05-2011, 07:25 PM

I found it pretty OK, at times griping, but mainly OK.

Lunatica
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Winter is Coming

I need to read those novels, like nao

Rossva
12-06-2011, 06:45 AM
...digging that box set...

slave2thewage
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=sBrsM_WlfV8

Mech
12-13-2011, 09:12 AM
can't wait!

Goldfoot
12-13-2011, 09:42 AM
I found it pretty OK, at times griping, but mainly OK.

I agree with this. I enjoyed it enough, but I'm not really anxious for the new season. When it gets here, I'll watch it.

slave2thewage
01-29-2012, 09:19 PM
FUCK YEAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE

terryzen
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
wait till later, griping doesn't really cover what kinda shit goes down. it gets incredible by the third book.

kdrcraig
01-31-2012, 10:03 AM
wait till later, griping doesn't really cover what kinda shit goes down. it gets incredible by the third book.

Agreed, just finished the third book the other day and it's awesome. Hopefully the show stays popular long enough to get through all of these books, it will be amazing.

bobbie solo
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
i dont think waning popularity will be an issue. this show is riding an incredible buzz. it has an audience that spans alot of diff. demographics too.

Kodiak33
02-23-2012, 01:02 PM
If anyone cares, Best Buy and Amazon have the Bluray set for $34.99! It's getting incredible quality reviews, I preordered today.

I think the DVDs are $29.99.

richardp
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't normally like Fantasy stuff set in medieval times, and I'm really not all that into Lord Of The Rings. I'm a sci-fi guy. But with that said, I've still been thinking about checking into it, especially since it's so cheap on amazon right now. Would I still like this even though I'm not usually into this type of story?

Vertigo
02-24-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't normally like Fantasy stuff set in medieval times, and I'm really not all that into Lord Of The Rings. I'm a sci-fi guy. But with that said, I've still been thinking about checking into it, especially since it's so cheap on amazon right now. Would I still like this even though I'm not usually into this type of story?

Not sure, but so far I'd consider it more a fictional period drama than typical fantasy - although dragons do briefly pop into the series, and are referenced quite a bit, generally speaking it's fairly grounded and lacking in mysticism. If you were into Rome, The Tudors or The Borgias, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
With that said, I don't think the show really kicked into gear until quite late in the season. So if you do try it, you might need a bit of patience.

kdrcraig
02-24-2012, 07:00 AM
If anyone cares, Best Buy and Amazon have the Bluray set for $34.99! It's getting incredible quality reviews, I preordered today.

I preordered the other day, gotta love Amazon's preorder price guarantee cause it was $44.99 when I ordered it. The reviews are great, sounds like a lot of the special features will be really cool.

Kodiak33
02-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Bluray.com had a great review of the set last week. It almost scored perfect 5s across the board.

neorev
02-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Totally buying the blu-ray! Now all HBO needs to do is release Carnivale on blu-ray (already own the DVDs), so I can sit these two great series side by side. :)

neorev
03-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Its so close!
Bring on April 1st!!!
Shits gonna be EPIC!

slave2thewage
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh god, the wait.

kdrcraig
03-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I checked my torrent site last night after work and it had an episode titled S02E00, I got super excited and didn't even think about the E00. Thought maybe they got the first episode early, then I checked the comments and realized it was just the recap episode. It says the last few minutes have some season 2 stuff, but I imagine it's nothing that hasn't been in the trailers released so far, plus I just rewatched season one when it released on blu-ray so I doubt I'll watch it.

sweeterthan
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm going to the premiere in Atlanta tomorrow night. I'm excited to see it on the big screen.

slave2thewage
04-02-2012, 07:05 AM
That. Was. Amazing.

Alexandros
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
A fine start! Dragonstone looks amazing, Melissandre is great, the direwolves look real enough, can't wait to see all the new stuff!

kdrcraig
04-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Definitely a great return. I thought they handled introducing all the new characters very well. They pronounce Davos differently than I did in my head reading the books but I really like that character so I was pretty excited to see him make his appearance.

greyskies13
04-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I really enjoyed the episode. Some of my friends who haven't read the book felt that a lot was introduced and that it seemed jumbled. I think they just need to wait a few episodes to let the complexities of this story start to play out.

slave2thewage
04-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Episode two leaked. The guy who plays Balon Greyjoy is EXACTLY like how I pictured him.

Forever mourning Rakharo. Yara/Asha... bit of odd casting but I did love her trollface at Theon when she says "This is a homecoming I'll tell my grandchildren about". Stannis fucking Melisandre was hilarious, and I loved Sallador trying to grab Matthos' arse.

Alexandros
04-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Stannis fucking Melisandre

What? Whyyy? It's not so much that it couldn't be possible (it could, though it's never mentioned in the book), but for me this takes away from the story. It would be more poignant if the relationship between Stannis and Melissandre was based on Stannis' ambition and Melissandre's powerful presence, than simply a matter of Melissandre seducing Stannis.

kdrcraig
04-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah that's some bullshit I guess they could be using that as a way to explain how she uses Stannis' shadow child thing to kill people coming up but I still don't like it. As far as I know that will be the first big departure from the books that they've taken, and as far as I'm concerned that's a huge one.

Haven't watched the leaked episode though, waiting a week for the next episode is bad enough without watching one before it actually airs.

Alexandros
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
^^ Ah, maybe I'll have to retract. Sort of. (I don't like filling the thread with spoiler tags, but it can't be helped)

Now that you mentioned it, I do seem to remember that someone (Brienne, maybe? Catelyn?) mentions/thinks that the shadow was the shadow of Stannis. So yeah, knowing this I think it's safe to assume that for the spell to work, Stannis needed to provide. Since I haven't seen the episode either, I don't know how the sex scene is portrayed. Maybe it's not sexual at all. And also, G.R.R. Martin is co-writer and consultant in the tv series, so it's completely possible that this is not an actual departure from the story. I still think it's not a good idea that they show it, it would be better if it's only implied, but whatever.

kdrcraig
04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
^ Yeah I was thinking that about Martin being involved with the show as well. Maybe he was cool with them putting it in the show even though he never comes right out and says it in the books.

EPICRAGE
04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
^^ Ah, maybe I'll have to retract. Sort of. (I don't like filling the thread with spoiler tags, but it can't be helped)

Now that you mentioned it, I do seem to remember that someone (Brienne, maybe? Catelyn?) mentions/thinks that the shadow was the shadow of Stannis. So yeah, knowing this I think it's safe to assume that for the spell to work, Stannis needed to provide. Since I haven't seen the episode either, I don't know how the sex scene is portrayed. Maybe it's not sexual at all. And also, G.R.R. Martin is co-writer and consultant in the tv series, so it's completely possible that this is not an actual departure from the story. I still think it's not a good idea that they show it, it would be better if it's only implied, but whatever.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS: I thought the scene played out very well. The music was eerie and foreboding and you can see how she coerced it to happen. She's one of my favorite characters and I can't wait to see how they do the birth scene!

slave2thewage
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
It's stated in book five, albeit in a subtle manner, that she's fucking Stannis. I can't remember, but there's a line about her "bed being cold with Stannis being away" or something.

Dr.Z
04-06-2012, 04:34 AM
It's also stated in book three.

In her dialogue with Davos (in the dungeon) she says something like "Stannis is too weak, conceiving a third shadow child would kill him". Don't remember the dialogue in detail, but while reading I thought it definitely implied a sexual relationship.

kdrcraig
04-06-2012, 06:03 AM
I do remember both of those lines, I guess I just didn't take it to mean they were actually fucking, all the better then.

orestes
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
What the hell was that at the end?

bobbie solo
04-08-2012, 11:30 PM
you serious or no? that was clearly a white walker. that creepy dude who marries all his daughters has some sort of deal with them, and leaves his male children for them. great father.

slave2thewage
04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
The Fritzl of Westeros.

kdrcraig
04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Why are they using Yara instead of Asha for her name?

slave2thewage
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Why are they using Yara instead of Asha for her name?
APPARENTLY the producers felt that viewers may get "Asha" confused with "Osha". Because, y'know, YARA ISN'T AN ANAGRAM OF ARYA AT ALL!

kdrcraig
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow, that's just dumb. Also, if that is why they changed her name, they are going to have to change a shit ton of names once they get to Marreen.

DF118
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Is there anyone in this show who's not involved in an incestuous relationship? For such a major plot theme, everyone seems to be fucking their family.

ltrandazzo
04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
OY! THOSE MEN OUT THERE WANT TO FUCK YOUR CORPSES!

Love it.

slave2thewage
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
LORAS CAN GET YOU STARTED.

Oh, Margaery.

slave2thewage
04-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Lol, Tony, you got quoted over on winteriscoming.net

Findus
04-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Sunday is coming.

aggroculture
04-19-2012, 07:21 AM
My gf is a fan and watches this. She showed me an episode, as she had from the first series. I saw: lots of old white men with grey beards in dark rooms shouting at each other about armies, kings, battles. Young men and more old men with beards sitting around fires shouting about armies, kings, battles. People wandering around a forest. People wandering around a desert (with pet dragons). People wandering around a snowy forest, before stopping at a camp to sit around a fire and shout about armies, kings, battles. And the dwarf character, who actually seems possessed with some kind of brain and/or sense of humour and a girlfriend. I was hoping for some tits but got nothing. So um, yeah, carry on. ;)

Alexandros
04-20-2012, 02:02 AM
So um, yeah, carry on. ;)

If you watched one episode from each season, not knowing what's happening, who's who and all that, then it's probably expected that you didn't get into it. If you have a particular aversion to the genre, then by all means give it a pass. But if not, give it a chance by watching from the beginning. I have several friends that are not generally fond of fantasy/historical fiction that have been completely hooked by Game of Thrones. And there are tits. Lots of them.

Vertigo
04-20-2012, 04:38 AM
If anything the amount of fairly graphic sex is excessive. You had bad luck with your episode selection, Aggro.

One thing that's been bugging me for a while about GoT is that with each episode, story/character development is pushed on fractionally for virtually every character. It makes for quite a frustrating watch, as things only seem to start happening in a major way later in the season (at least, I assume this will happen again with season 2, obviously we've only had one demonstration of it so far), and it never feels like we spend enough time with a particular character or grouping of characters.
I think the show would work much better if they only covered one to three characters/groups per episode, taking the time to seriously develop that particular strand of the story and enhance our attachment/understanding of that particular character. Maybe later on when there's more happening, they could shift into the current format, spending a little time with most of the cast.

kdrcraig
04-20-2012, 07:01 AM
One thing that's been bugging me for a while about GoT is that with each episode, story/character development is pushed on fractionally for virtually every character. It makes for quite a frustrating watch, as things only seem to start happening in a major way later in the season (at least, I assume this will happen again with season 2, obviously we've only had one demonstration of it so far), and it never feels like we spend enough time with a particular character or grouping of characters.

That's been worrying me about this show as well, it will get even worse in the later seasons because there are still about a billion characters that haven't even come into the show yet who will be a huge part of it. They kind of have to jump around right now because they need to set up what's happening with all the different characters in all the different places. That's going to be the tough thing for this show to pull of in the long run, juggling a ton of characters in a ton of places with a ton of shit going on with all of them.

orestes
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Fuck you, Joffrey.

edit: What. The. Fuck. Melisandre.

slave2thewage
04-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I spent the whole Sansa scene screaming "YOU ABSOLUTE CUNTS" at the laptop.

Also, the shadow baby looked like the ghost entity from House on Haunted Hill.

orestes
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Bronn said it best: "There's no cure for being a cunt."

NIN64
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Watched tonight's episode with a friend of mine. When the credits rolled he looked over and said; "wait, did she just queef out a smokeman?"

Jinsai
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
My gf is a fan and watches this. She showed me an episode, as she had from the first series. I saw: lots of old white men with grey beards in dark rooms shouting at each other about armies, kings, battles. Young men and more old men with beards sitting around fires shouting about armies, kings, battles. People wandering around a forest. People wandering around a desert (with pet dragons). People wandering around a snowy forest, before stopping at a camp to sit around a fire and shout about armies, kings, battles. And the dwarf character, who actually seems possessed with some kind of brain and/or sense of humour and a girlfriend. I was hoping for some tits but got nothing. So um, yeah, carry on. ;)

This is a really bad show to walk in on halfway through a season. You should really start from the beginning.

Also, Margery Tyrell is ridiculously hot. That is all.

Wretchedest
04-23-2012, 12:31 AM

This really sums it up except for the lack of tits...

Bluegirl
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Did nine months pass between last episode and this one or did the red headed chick just go through pregnancy really fast? If so was Stannis just sitting around for nine months?

Also, everything I read about the show there are people saying "there are no bad guys," and "everyone has two sides," but every scene with Joffrey he is more and more evil. After last nights episode I don't think there is any "other side" they can show that would make me not think of him as a bad guy and want him to die.

Wretchedest
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
This show needs more people to root for, especially capable ones. There are good guys, but the only one who ever does anything isthe midget... also i feel like values in this show are so skewed, theres an entire society that i only care about because i want to see more dragons....

sweeterthan
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Did nine months pass between last episode and this one or did the red headed chick just go through pregnancy really fast? If so was Stannis just sitting around for nine months?

Also, everything I read about the show there are people saying "there are no bad guys," and "everyone has two sides," but every scene with Joffrey he is more and more evil. After last nights episode I don't think there is any "other side" they can show that would make me not think of him as a bad guy and want him to die.

my husband, who has read the books, says the "pregnancy" was a magic spell of sorts. hence the smoke baby demon thing.

i agree with Bluegirl. Joffrey is the worst. Maybe the inbreeding made him completely insane. I could barely watch that part. It made me so nervous.

kdrcraig
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah the shadow child was Melisendre's(spelling?) crazy magic shit. This season is about to get really awesome.

Nyx
04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Could you not discuss the books here, please? I really don't want to read any spoilers or even explanations that are not given in the series...
Edit: Thanks, Orestes

Link to discussion of the books - http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/747-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire

Alexandros
04-29-2012, 06:50 AM
One thing that gives me great pleasure is the soundtrack. Especially how they have captured just the right feeling for some Houses. Current favourites: The Stannis/Dragonstone Theme (haunting and lonely) and the Greyjoy/Iron Isles theme (well...ocean-y).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbsmUuuSRXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niz5P9wjpnY

Not very good sound quality on these clips, especially the second one, but there don't seem to be others around so far.

kdrcraig
05-01-2012, 08:42 AM
New episode was fantastic, Arya's part with Tywin and Jorah's speech to Danny were both really awesome.

uroboros
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
New episode was fantastic, Arya's part with Tywin and Jorah's speech to Danny were both really awesome.

The scene between Tywin and Arya gave me chills. Magnificent casting. Also really liked Brienne & Catelyn in the wood. The actress playing Cat really has an unexpected natural beauty and grace about her.

The season is clipping along at a frightening pace. Thankfully they will split up Storm of swords into two seasons...

Jinsai
05-06-2012, 08:59 PM
the show is really starting to deviate from the books

slave2thewage
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
The first Winterfell scene... My feelings...

orestes
05-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Fuck you, Theon!

burn.
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
the show is really starting to deviate from the books

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much?
I'm not reading the books right now but I'm planning to as soon as I get the money.

Alexandros
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much?
I'm not reading the books right now but I'm planning to as soon as I get the money.

Difficult to scale it, since it all depends on how these changes will play out. Nothing has happened so far that cannot lead to the same results in the grand story. But this was the first episode where several non-trivial changes happened. Having said that, I really enjoyed this episode and feel that they've tapped into the correct feeling of the story.

kdrcraig
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
But this was the first episode where several non-trivial changes happened. Having said that

Exactly, changes were kinda big but it could all play out and end up being the same results without much problem. Was a really great episode, I know Tywin is a pretty bad dude but I can't help but like him in the show, that actor portrays him awesomely.

Conan The Barbarian
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I have yet to see one episode of this series. Does catch me, but will wait till the season is over to see a full two seasons worth.

thelastdisciple
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Osha! :D

She's certainly being devious and sneaky.

DF118
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Just once in a show like this, I'd actually like to see a battle. Like, people actually charging in swinging swords at each other. I know they're expensive and hard to film, but for a series that's largely about war, seeing Rob Stark walking about a battlefield after a fight is pretty lame. So is watching Theon climb into a boat at the end of one episode, *spoilers*, only to see him having conquered Winterfell already at the beginning of the next. I thought I'd missed an episode. He had a brilliant scene and some great character development, but come on, show us the bigger fights sometimes.

slave2thewage
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
The taking of Winterfell isn't meant to be big at all. In the books I think it says there's thirty Iron Islanders there in total.

orestes
05-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Osha! :D

She's certainly being devious and sneaky.

I didn't realize until last night's episode that Osha is Tonks!

thelastdisciple
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I didn't realize until last night's episode that Osha is Tonks!Yep! Natalia Tena, pretty cool chick.. that has a very interesting look to her. She's the lead in a band called Molotov Jukebox that's pretty freaking awesome!

Also as i was looking up the actress that plays Shae (Tyrion Lannister's woman), i found out that she's been doing porn for quite a while.

Exploding Plastic
05-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Sooo... That girl that Robb is into... She's replacing the one from the book right?? Something Westerling???

bobbie solo
05-08-2012, 12:56 AM
apparently they're saving alot of this season's budget for some big battle stuff toward the end of the season. so i guess..be patient.

kdrcraig
05-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Sooo... That girl that Robb is into... She's replacing the one from the book right?? Something Westerling???

Yeah, Jeyne I think her name was, so many god damn names to remember.

Dr.Z
05-08-2012, 07:32 AM
That scene last episode when Tyrion slapped Joffrey in the face was the most satisfying scene thus far :)

kdrcraig
05-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Also, Ygritte is pretty hot in the show, not how I pictured her in the book at all.

That scene last episode when Tyrion slapped Joffrey in the face was the most satisfying scene thus far http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/smilies/smile.png

He smacked the shit out of him last season too

The Becoming
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Finally got a chance to watch this past weekend's episode. I absolutely love the scenes between Arya Stark and Tywin Lannister. I also hate the fact that I've read the books and watch the show with people that haven't. You can see in the show how things are setting up for next season, but you can't explain it to anyone because it'll spoil everything for them.

Jinsai
05-14-2012, 01:48 AM
I have to say I'm really liking the ways they're moving away from closely following the books. I'm loving this season

Minpin
05-14-2012, 12:48 PM
New episode was the best this season I'd say.

I have to say I'm really liking the ways they're moving away from closely following the books. I'm loving this season definitely. The Jaime scene illustrates perfectly how diverging from the books can be a good thing. Yeah it cuts out a bit of Tyrions cunning, but more than compensates with the insight into Jaime. Just brilliantly done.

Loving the scenes between Arya and Tywin.

They fucking nailed the casting of the Lannisters!

Alexandros
05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
The Jaime scene illustrates perfectly how diverging from the books can be a good thing. Yeah it cuts out a bit of Tyrions cunning, but more than compensates with the insight into Jaime. Just brilliantly done.

I'm not sure I agree here. Movie-Jamie is great and the discussion scene was indeed a good insight into his character, but the cold-blooded murder of his relative (far removed, but a Lannister still) seemed completely out of the blue for me.

kdrcraig
05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly digging the things they are changing. The stuff with Jamie wasn't too bad but the stuff they're changing with Danny is bugging me quite a bit, nothing that's going to ruin the show or anything, they just didn't really need to change it.

Jinsai
05-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly digging the things they are changing. The stuff with Jamie wasn't too bad but the stuff they're changing with Danny is bugging me quite a bit, nothing that's going to ruin the show or anything, they just didn't really need to change it.

Well, I think that so far it's playing out in a way that works really well on TV. The way events play out in the book is more cerebral, they've gone the action route here, and I think it's kinda cool.

Minpin
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I didn't realize until last night's episode that Osha is Tonks!
I didn't make that connection til i read it here... The other character that was niggling at me was Dagmer Cleftjoy, it was only when Ser Rodriks head was on the chopping block I unconsciously blurted out "while your down there love" *click* Ahhhh it's Finchy!:D

burn.
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
War is here.

kdrcraig
05-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I can't believe there's only two episodes left, this season has flown by. Next week is going to kick all kinds of ass.

Mech
05-22-2012, 07:04 AM
As much as I love this show, all I could say at the end of the episode was "finally." Next week it finally looks like we're going to see some war and that's what I've been waiting to see. Just sad now that there are only 2 episodes left :(

sweeterthan
05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
love this slide show of the actors in real life next to their character:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/game-of-thrones-cast-characters.html#photo=1x00028

Hazekiah
05-27-2012, 08:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0puw8.jpg

neorev
05-27-2012, 09:17 PM
tonight's episode = fucking great! aw, man i don't wanna spoil the spectacle. i think a little bit of stuff came out the tip of my penis :)

orestes
05-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Lancel's too pretty to fight.

edit: Tyrion, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

burn.
05-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Ok, guys, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!? - I can't believe that happened

NIN64
05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
The only thing better than fire is green fire....

sweeterthan
05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Lancel's too pretty to fight.

edit: Tyrion, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just keep telling myself he's going to be ok. He has to be. This show can't Ned stark me again!

Vertigo
05-28-2012, 10:13 AM
We do have spoiler tags here, you know. It doesn't show in England until tonight.

Jinsai
05-28-2012, 11:34 AM
We do have spoiler tags here, you know. It doesn't show in England until tonight.

This is true, and while I appreciate where you're coming from here, I can think of no good reason to be reading this thread if you haven't watched the new episode

sweeterthan
05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
This is true, and while I appreciate where you're coming from here, I can think of no good reason to be reading this thread if you haven't watched the new episode
I'm with you Jinsai. I avoid threads where I don't want info to be spoiled for me but since this my second offense in this thread, I edited. The board has clear rules about posting in this section...

ltrandazzo
05-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm with you Jinsai. I avoid threads where I don't want info to be spoiled for me but since this my second offense in this thread, I edited. The board has clear rules about posting in this section...

Yeah, the rule is that once the episode has aired, spoilers are fine. You didn't have to edit your post.

M1ke
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
He could just be injured. It was pretty dark and hard to tell how badly he was actually hit. He might be OK.

Vertigo
05-28-2012, 12:21 PM

Er, the same reason anyone posts in or reads a forum, discussion. Maybe someone had only just gotten around to watching the last episode and had an insightful comment to make, or someone who only posts on these forums every few days. Maybe someone had heard some interesting rumours from the set. Maybe season 2 boxed set details had been released. Maybe someone had produced a nice piece of fan art. Maybe Lena Headey had been arrested on a DUI. Hell, sometimes it's good to know in advance whether popular concensus considers the latest episode worth hurrying to your set to see. Even if you keep up to date watching the show (and I am, we're only one freaking day behind here), TV shows occasionally leak out before their US airdate - would you assume everyone in the thread had seen it?

In my case, I'd forgotten the new episode had aired in the US. It's not like I'm coming in months later.
I wouldn't have bothered saying anything if we didn't have spoiler tags on these forums, but this is exactly what they're there for.

kdrcraig
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I think they handled the Blackwater battle very well, except for the wildfire a little bit, it served as more of just a bomb, minor gripe. This season is turning out great.

Alexandros
05-29-2012, 03:12 AM
A question for the non-readers: Did you understand whose armor Loras was wearing at the end? I think they completely glossed over this point, which was worth a nod in my opinion, as it had a significant effect in the morale of troops (both attackers and defenders).

Anyway, the episode was great. Some great character moments. And of course, that explosion was simply awesome!

Findus
05-29-2012, 03:13 AM
This song came to mind while watching a certain part of the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzGoDtmTllg

Jinsai
05-29-2012, 03:51 AM
A question for the non-readers: Did you understand whose armor Lancel was wearing at the end? I think they completely glossed over this point, which was worth a nod in my opinion, as it had a significant effect in the morale of troops (both attackers and defenders).

I've read the books, and to be honest, I'm not sure at all what you're talking about.

profane
05-29-2012, 03:51 AM
Did you notice this (http://stereogum.com/1042622/the-national-the-rains-of-castamere/mp3s/) song in the credits?

Alexandros
05-29-2012, 04:14 AM
I've read the books, and to be honest, I'm not sure at all what you're talking about.

Shit, sorry, I meant whose armor Loras was wearing, not Lancel. Although it was there if you were looking for it, I'm not sure it was very clear for those who haven't read the book, as fast as everything happened.

kdrcraig
05-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Shit, sorry, I meant whose armor Loras was wearing, not Lancel. Although it was there if you were looking for it, I'm not sure it was very clear for those who haven't read the book, as fast as everything happened.

I'm thinking they'll either point that out next week or next season, or it was just thrown in there for people who've read the books and they didn't want to spend time in the show bringing it up.

sweeterthan
05-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah, the rule is that once the episode has aired, spoilers are fine. You didn't have to edit your post.
Vertigo posted that it hadn't aired in the uk yet so i thought the rule applied. I was confused about how my other edited post was a spoiler too (there's only so many origins a shadow demon baby can be conceived!) so I think I'll just be more cautious about it in general in the "le cinema" forum. Thanks. :D

Mech
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
All I know is, if I haven't seen the most recent episode, I don't touch the thread.

And there's no way Tyrion dies, tis only a flesh wound! I think he just passed out because "he's bleeding" and he's not used to battle. Although, it was pretty deep, no way it was a mortal wound though. The ending was pretty sweet though, definitely thought they were fucked.

thelastdisciple
05-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Sandor: "ANY MAN DIES WITH A CLEAN SWORD AND I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE!"
-
Joffrey:"If i tell the Hound to cut you in half, he'll do it without a second thought".
-
Tyrion: "That would make me the quarter-man, just doesn't have the same ring to it".

orestes
05-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Vertigo posted that it hadn't aired in the uk yet so i thought the rule applied. I was confused about how my other edited post was a spoiler too (there's only so many origins a shadow demon baby can be conceived!) so I think I'll just be more cautious about it in general in the "le cinema" forum. Thanks. :D

It was a book spoiler so that's why the former post was edited.

Anyways, for those of you wandering about Tyrion's fate, HBO kinda spoiled it in the episode synopsis for the season finale. Ho hum.

imail724
05-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Sandor: "ANY MAN DIES WITH A CLEAN SWORD AND I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE!"

This was probably my favorite line in the entire show.

NIN64
05-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Just bought this shirt (http://www.teefury.com/archive/1658/Black_Stag_Stout/). For those unfamiliar with teefury.com their shirts are only available for 24 hours, and then they're gone forever. I was a big fan of this artist's other Game of Thrones/Beer mash-up shirt "Stark Direwolf Winter Lager".

Alexandros
05-30-2012, 07:02 AM
It appears the season finale will be 10 minutes longer than the usual runtime. Nice to see they're taking extra time to wrap up the season properly.

Torgo
05-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Just bought this shirt (http://www.teefury.com/). For those unfamiliar with teefury.com their shirts are only available for 24 hours, and then they're gone forever. I was a big fan of this artist's other Game of Thrones/Beer mash-up shirt "Stark Direwolf Winter Lager".

Thanks for that link! That's a really awesome t-shirt that I'm now buying...

NIN64
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for that link! That's a really awesome t-shirt that I'm now buying...
I found a site that still sells this artist's other shirt. I like this one better. (http://www.604republic.com/prod/dire_brew_t_shirt)

Harry Seaward
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Anyways, for those of you wandering about Tyrion's fate, HBO kinda spoiled it in the episode synopsis for the season finale. Ho hum.

And you just kinda spoiled it for anyone who didn't watch that synopsis. Neat.

orestes
05-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Nope, not even close. I'm talking about the written​ synopsis.

Harry Seaward
05-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Nope, not even close. I'm talking about the written​ synopsis.

Hm, maybe I was kinda projected what I want the outcome to be. Looking back now, your post was pretty ambiguous.

Conrad Lienert
05-31-2012, 01:04 AM
I loved this season. I'm wondering where they will finish this season???

Surely it would have to be with one of the "Weddings".

Conrad Lienert
05-31-2012, 04:12 AM
Does anyone else really want to hear a sing-a-long of "The Bear & the Maiden fair"???

orestes
05-31-2012, 06:05 AM
I loved this season. I'm wondering where they will finish this season???

Surely it would have to be with one of the "Weddings".

Too early for either one.

Conrad Lienert
05-31-2012, 06:45 PM
But they'll have to end on something big. This will be interesting.

Reaps
05-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Too early for either one.

Can't help yourself can you?

Alexandros
06-01-2012, 02:16 AM
But they'll have to end on something big. This will be interesting.

There is only one way to end season 2 in my opinion: The prologue of Storm of Swords, at the Fist of the First Men, three horn blasts, the Watch pissing themselves, end credits.

kdrcraig
06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
^ That would be awesome

Dr.Z
06-01-2012, 07:10 AM
There is only one way to end season 2 in my opinion: The prologue of Storm of Swords, at the Fist of the First Men, three horn blasts, the Watch pissing themselves, end credits.
Didn't think about that, but as the Recap to the next episode begins with Jon on the Fist saying "They came here to get away from something. I don't think it worked." it seems plausible. Would be an epic and extreme cliffhanger

Mech
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Can't help yourself can you?

Hey, Conrad is the one that even brought up weddings.

Conrad Lienert
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I like to think I did it subtly enough, as to not spoil anything.

I just think that this season has been very well handled (if not too short). It would be a shame not to end it on some big climax.

Alexandros
06-02-2012, 05:26 AM
I think we'll probably get the three blasts finale. Don't look it up if you don't want SPOILERS, but for those of you who don't mind, just look at the title of the final track of Season 2 soundtrack. Also, listen to it (you can find it on youtube). Sounds perfect!

Nyx
06-02-2012, 06:00 AM
I like to think I did it subtly enough, as to not spoil anything.
Well, you think wrong. I believe I'm done with this thread.

slave2thewage
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
First Game of Thrones season 3 casting news:

Kerry Ingram will be playing Shireen Baratheon according to her Twitter...
http://i47.tinypic.com/288mtz9.jpg

Goldfoot
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
He could just be injured. It was pretty dark and hard to tell how badly he was actually hit. He might be OK.

I could tell quite well how badly he was injured. Perhaps your brightness is too low?

Conrad Lienert
06-02-2012, 06:47 PM
It's not my fault, if the cat was killed by curiousity.
Meow.

I didn't think they were going to bother with Shireen??? They better not cast her annoying friend too!

Jinsai
06-02-2012, 06:53 PM
It's not my fault, if the cat was killed by curiousity.
Meow.

It's one thing to talk about episodes after they've aired, it's another thing entirely to post coy references to upcoming events that you know about because you read the books. I've read the books, and I still think it's annoying when people do that.

Conrad Lienert
06-03-2012, 02:59 AM
It's just mere speculation, my good chum. But if it's so bothersome to some people, I shall cease and desist.

Alexandros
06-03-2012, 03:09 AM
They better not cast her annoying friend too!

You're kidding, right? He is a must now, I know, I know, oh oh oh...

slave2thewage
06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
They better not cast her annoying friend too!
How dare you. Patchface for the Iron Throne.

Conrad Lienert
06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Haha, I think they actually did show Moon Boy in the last episode, didn't they (without acknowledging him)? He was in the Queen's chamber, during the battle.

I shall wait till this season is over, before I speculate further. I can't wait for the final episode!!!

slave2thewage
06-03-2012, 09:18 PM
My livestream died after the "end" of Theon's speech and I couldn't find anything until just before the three blasts. Sobbing into my rum and coke I'd saved for this right now.

orestes
06-03-2012, 09:27 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.

I was literally clasping my hands over my mouth at the end.

Also, I know I wasn't the only one to tear up during the House of the Undying scene when Dany saw Khal Drogo and her baby.

slave2thewage
06-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Since it's shown, I think it's safe to reveal the list of major characters being introduced next season revealed by the showrunners earlier this week:

Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Exploding Plastic
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Beric Dondarrion was briefly seen in the first season right? It would be cool if they kept the same casting.The plot elements involving him are what I'm looking forward too most next season. Well that and the wedding.

NIN64
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Bath salts north of the wall WTF?

slave2thewage
06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Beric Dondarrion was briefly seen in the first season right? It would be cool if they kept the same casting.
They're recasting, from what I've heard. Olenna is rumoured to have been cast and all I saw was "It wasn't Maggie Smith or Judi Dench", which rules out a lot of the fancastings.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 03:21 AM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!! Well done! I'm going to watch it again. Fucking AWESOME!

I love this show so much.

My livestream died after the "end" of Theon's speech and I couldn't find anything until just before the three blasts. Sobbing into my rum and coke I'd saved for this right now.

:(

If I were you, I'd buy off iTunes (it's worth it), or use HBO Go if you have it... torrent if you don't.
Incredible episode.

orestes
06-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Pretty sure HBO isn't available in Ireland.

slave2thewage
06-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Irish showing is tonight, but I like "being there". Also, we have commercials in it which pretty much butchers the whole thing.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Pretty sure HBO isn't available in Ireland.

Really?! That's seriously unexpected.
Well.... Everyone needs to watch it. Now. Do what must be done. I do not understand why they'd lag the delivery to paying subscribers. At least if you have hbo (or equivalent service?) you have hbo go right? Do they time lag that? Is it a different service from hbo in Ireland? If they play it with commercials, what channel is it on?

Harry Seaward
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Ten more months.

I think I'm going to cry.

slave2thewage
06-04-2012, 07:12 AM
At least if you have hbo (or equivalent service?) you have hbo go right? Do they time lag that? Is it a different service from hbo in Ireland? If they play it with commercials, what channel is it on?
APPARENTLY I have an online on-demand thing, but I've never bothered to set it up. I know GoT is meant to be on there. It's on over here on Sky Atlantic, it's got an exclusivity deal with HBO but it misses on a number of shows due to existing deals, most notably True Blood.

"The launch of Sky Atlantic followed the broadcaster's £150m, five-year deal to snap up the exclusive UK and Irish TV rights to HBO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBO)'s entire archive, new HBO programming and a first-look deal on all co-productions. The deal does not cover programmes with pre-existing agreements with other broadcasters, such as the first-run rights to Eastbound & Down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastbound_%26_Down) and True Blood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Blood) on FX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX_(UK)), until their licence expires. Sky is also understood to have bid at least 25% more than the BBC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC) to acquire Lionsgate Television (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionsgate_Television)'s Mad Men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Men). On 5 January 2011, Sky secured Blue Bloods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Bloods_(TV_series)) and The Borgias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)) for Sky Atlantic in a deal with CBS Studios International (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Studios_International)."

ambergris
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
I started watching the series just 2 weeks ago and have finished the 2 seasons now. Having to wait another 10 months makes me crazy.... This show is just incredible. The only reason not to give 100 out of 100 points would be the "sexposition" scenes. However, I'm so much in need for more Game of Thrones I might start reading the books. I'm torn... Will I ruin the series for me by knowing what's going to happen next? On the other hand, if there are seven novels and the third book is split into two seasons, I will have to wait at least 6 years to know how it ends. Will the show still run by then and will it still be good? So I guess I will read the first two books and then decide how to proceed.

kdrcraig
06-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I started watching the series just 2 weeks ago and have finished the 2 seasons now. Having to wait another 10 months makes me crazy.... This show is just incredible. The only reason not to give 100 out of 100 points would be the "sexposition" scenes. However, I'm so much in need for more Game of Thrones I might start reading the books. I'm torn... Will I ruin the series for me by knowing what's going to happen next? On the other hand, if there are seven novels and the third book is split into two seasons, I will have to wait at least 6 years to know how it ends. Will the show still run by then and will it still be good? So I guess I will read the first two books and then decide how to proceed.

I read all the books after the first season and now wish I wouldn't have. The books were great, but I wish I would've just read them as the seasons ended, they're changing things that are annoying me and there's so much stuff I want to happen in the show it's making the waiting even worse.

Bluegirl
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I expected that after last weeks episode Sansa would be replaced by Renlys widow, but, why does Sansa still insist on staying in Kings Landing? What the Fuck is wrong with her? It is like terrible things happen to her but she does not connect them with the terrible people surrounding her.

I also figured that Tyrion would get screwed over but not that he would be in a worse place then when he started. I guess it makes sense. He made waves with his sister and Joffrey so once he was not Hand they would just toss him aside. However, I figured his father would have at least been impressed by him. He was in the last battle he was in, and he did not even fight in that one. I really liked his scene with Varys and the girl even if they were short. Varys is becoming one of my favorite characters. Last week episode with him was great.

Dany finally got interesting again after an entire season. I am not sure whether it is the chemistry with the actor but her scene with Drogo was the best thing she has done all season.

The one thing I am confused about, and maybe I missed something, was why did the two stark boys have to runaway. The Pike people left and Theon is probably on his way to get his head cut off. What about the 500 men waiting outside?

Alexandros
06-04-2012, 01:53 PM
HELL YEAH!! Loved it, loved it entirely, it doesn't even matter how they deviated from the books, this episode was the shit! A tiny bit disappointed about the lack of certain things in the House of the Undying, but I must confess that it's a very trippy scene in the books and would probably not translate adequately. But that's just nitpicking.

Oh, but that ending...that ending!

I expected that after last weeks episode Sansa would be replaced by Renlys widow, but, why does Sansa still insist on staying in Kings Landing? What the Fuck is wrong with her? It is like terrible things happen to her but she does not connect them with the terrible people surrounding her.

I think it's been made pretty clear that she's terrified and doesn't know who to trust. Yeah so Littlefinger offers her a way out. Why should she trust him? She's afraid it's a plot, a way to entrap her. She's completely isolated from her family, she feels alone, abandoned and she has been repeatedly brutalised. So she tries to put on a show for everyone in hope that they leave her alone.

Exploding Plastic
06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Fuck... I'm going to have White Walker nightmares for the next 10 months...

Findus
06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Fuck... I'm going to have White Walker nightmares for the next 10 months...

http://i.qkme.me/35jmkh.jpg

kdrcraig
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Holy hell that episode was awesome. Loved the way they did The House of the Undying, so different from the books but still so awesome. And the ending was just fucking epic.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
alright... please do not look at the following spoiler if you have not read the books: Would people please stop dropping hints as to what happens next in the books!?!?! I've seen several people mention the wedding in an ominous way, and really, STOP. That scene was spoiled for me before I got to it in the books, just as you're spoiling it for everyone else who isn't a complete moron. You'll see it coming a mile away after you've read constant hints dropped about it online. I don't know why people are doing this, and I'm sure most of you don't think you're ruining anything, but really YOU ARE, and seriously, stop it! I didn't need the exact details spelled out for me in order to figure out what was going to happen, just mentioning it constantly is more than enough to screw it up for people. Just let people enjoy the show/books! Everything is better if you don't go into it with a pretty good idea what's about to happen next.

orestes
06-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Then let's just lock the thread until next spring and be done with it. What's the point of having discussion if there isn't room for speculation? I'm not saying people should drop book spoilers-look at how many posts I've edited-but people will read the books between seasons, so you're likely to see a hybrid between those completely in the dark and those who have their own thoughts on plot line.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Then let's just lock the thread until next spring and be done with it. What's the point of having discussion if there isn't room for speculation? I'm not saying people should drop book spoilers-look at how many posts I've edited-but people will read the books between seasons, so you're likely to see a hybrid between those completely in the dark and those who have their own thoughts on plot line.

It's not that. It's specific things which, given a little foresight, are basically HUGE spoilers.

I don't think it's a big deal at all to speculate on actors to play upcoming characters, etc. I would think it should be fairly obvious which details shouldn't be mentioned or even alluded to. Either way, it's not going to ruin anything for me at this point, and it's not up to me what people will talk about. I'm just suggesting that people think about what they're saying, especially with consideration to the people who haven't read the books.

Conrad Lienert
06-04-2012, 10:43 PM
What if a "Game of Thrones Books" thread was opened. Then we can speculate on the TV show as much as we want.

And it should only be entered, if you've read all the books.

Exploding Plastic
06-04-2012, 10:49 PM
There already is one in the literature sub-forum.

Conrad Lienert
06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Ah so! Apologies.

orestes
06-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Where are my dragons?! (http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/where-are-my-dragons)

Torgo
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I really wasn't sure which thread I should post this in, but I guess it fits here best.
http://i.imgur.com/tOPsi.jpg

slave2thewage
06-22-2012, 04:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4HVlV7wZU

slave2thewage
07-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Season 3: March 31, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI

owinn
07-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Paul 'Dennis Pennis' Kaye is an absolute legend.

Jinsai
08-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Diana Rigg is awesome, and she'll be great in the role... though when I was reading it for some reason I kept picturing Angela Lansbury.

Also, the guy they got to play Thoros of Myr is exactly how I pictured him. Strange how that works...

orestes
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Ciarán Hinds cast as Mance Rayder. (http://winteriscoming.net/2012/08/ciaran-hinds-is-mance/)

Excellent casting choice, if I may say so.

Alexandros
08-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Ciarán Hinds cast as Mance Rayder. (http://winteriscoming.net/2012/08/ciaran-hinds-is-mance/)

Excellent casting choice, if I may say so.

Damn, that's indeed a spot-on casting! Actually most of the casting is great in the show in general.

orestes
09-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Funko releasing GoT vinyl toys. (http://nerdapproved.com/approved-products/new-pop-vinyl-series-contains-the-cutest-game-of-thrones-toys-in-existence/)

Baphomette
11-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Apparently, RW will take place in Episode 9 of Season 3.
More spoilers about it here (http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/72790175.html).

I'd held on to a small sliver of hope that they'd pull a True Blood and veer away from that particular book story line. Guess it's time to accept the inevitable. *sniffles*

profane
11-06-2012, 08:45 AM
So the drummer from coldplay and the singer from snow patrol have guest roles next season. Yeah, let that sink in for a while. I'm okay with it if their characters get gang-raped or die extremely violent deaths.

Link (http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/11/coldplays-will-champion-joins-game-of-thrones/)

kdrcraig
11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
So the drummer from coldplay and the singer from snow patrol have guest roles next season. Yeah, let that sink in for a while. I'm okay with it if their characters get gang-raped or die extremely violent deaths.

Eh, doesn't matter to me. I won't know who the hell they are anyway.

slave2thewage
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
WHY ISN'T IT MARCH NOW?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj0e0r_yLI

october_midnight
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7e_Oo0Bis

coolguy
01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Wow that was the lamest teaser in the history of teasers...

BrokenSpiral
01-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah it looks like it could be a fan made thing.

october_midnight
02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTg20x7w2s&feature=player_embedded

Radiovoyr
02-11-2013, 03:42 PM
That teaser is at least 500 times better than the crow one. I cannot wait for the show to return.

slave2thewage
02-11-2013, 04:49 PM
From what I've heard, expect the trailer next Sunday or Monday.

neorev
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
i haven't liked any of these teasers this season... come off as cheesey

nothing beats that Season 2 trailer with that Florence And The Machine song
i'm waiting for more epicness and more cinematic tone like that one

this is some stupid cheeseball shitty-True Blood looking crap

ambergris
02-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Meh, maybe they spent all the money on the show and have nothing left for the teasers.

neorev
02-12-2013, 09:03 PM
i'd be fine with that

Baphomette
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RzI9v_B4sxw

Aired tonight. OMG DRAGONS.

Jinsai
02-23-2013, 01:58 AM
FUCK.
That was awesome.
awesomesaeosmweoimseomseormseormiseirmormromrseoir msoeirmsoeirmoeirmesoirmsoeimroewimrseimrosemrosem r

awesome

ambergris
02-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I didn't expect to be so stoked for the new season when the last season finished 8 (?) months ago, but here I am...
And I still haven't managed to read the first two books, or to rewatch the first two seasons. I must do so during the Easter holidays.

Dr.Z
02-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Recognized so many epic scenes from the book in the trailer, this season is going to be the best so far!

Baphomette
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Extended trailer released today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C1pbtBX9Kok

orestes
03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
And the hits keep coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4XSeW4B5Rg

kdrcraig
03-19-2013, 07:59 AM
http://io9.com/all-the-secrets-reveals-and-new-characters-hidden-in-3-455883497

io9 put that article together about a bunch of stills from the new trailers, lots of spoilerish stuff so beware if you haven't read the books. I only saw one of the new trailers so this article was fantastic. I am so god damn excited for this season.

Baphomette
03-20-2013, 03:32 PM
http://io9.com/all-the-secrets-reveals-and-new-characters-hidden-in-3-455883497

io9 put that article together about a bunch of stills from the new trailers, lots of spoilerish stuff so beware if you haven't read the books.In regards to the scene where Tyrion is looking into a box, I'm convinced it's the box that Varys uses to smuggle Tyrion out of King's Landing (although I believe they used a cask in the books). Which would mean Tywin's death occurs this season. And I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT 'til the 31st!

kdrcraig
03-20-2013, 04:07 PM
That could be but I don't think that'll happen this season, they'd have to fly through the King's Landing part of the season. But I agree, I can't wait for this to come back. I almost ordered HBO just so I could watch this on Sunday instead of Monday, and I'm not so sure that my willpower will hold.

Baphomette
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
New promo with music that sounds pretty fucking familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2JUCQVQyQIw

kdrcraig
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I almost ordered HBO just so I could watch this on Sunday instead of Monday, and I'm not so sure that my willpower will hold.

Verizon is having a special on HBO for $9.49 a month, so there goes my willpower. Gonna be nice to not have to wait to watch new episodes.

Baphomette
03-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Three more clips. (The Unsullied are so sexy.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wfSXhMzWoA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6pR1kjJBE_s

Supposedly from Ep 2, so kinda spoilerish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NfPfaKfxajo

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
TV!Daario isn't that sexy though. WHERE IS THE BLUE HAIR, HBO?!

orestes
03-21-2013, 07:04 PM
But those cheekbones!

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
I keep missing going to the auditions for extras in Belfast. Then again, I'd demand to be an Iron Islander.

neorev
03-23-2013, 01:19 AM
HBO considering Game Of Thrones prequel series...
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/game-of-thrones-could-get-hbo-prequel-series/298489

Conrad Lienert
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
HBO considering Game Of Thrones prequel series...
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/game-of-thrones-could-get-hbo-prequel-series/298489

Aw, I was hoping for a series en-capturing the reigns of the Targaryens and the demise of the Mad King.

But I will check out those books though.

slave2thewage
03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh god, a series about the Mad King/Robert's Rebellion would be IMMENSE. Also, it feels like time is dragging right now. ROLL ON SUNDAY NIGHT!

kdrcraig
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Well that was awesome.

slave2thewage
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Were the Northerners at Harrenhal or Winterfell in that scene? I thought it was Harrenhal but other people are saying Winterfell.

Kinda pissed that we're not getting Diana Rigg until next week.

theburningreptile
03-31-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm so excited to be checking out this show tomorrow. Picking up seasons 1 and 2 and I recorded the season 3 premiere tonght. Can't wait! :D

Baphomette
03-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Were the Northerners at Harrenhal or Winterfell in that scene?

Harrenhal.

New opening made me tear up.

orestes
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Yes, the opening credits are the best!

slave2thewage
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Valyrian sounded nothing at all like how I'd imagined it to be.

orestes
03-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Was the kid assassin at the end from the House of the Undying?

Baphomette
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Are all warlocks from Qarth? She had blue lips so she was definitely connected to them.

The manticore didn't look at all like I'd pictured it. And Qyburn already?

Jinsai
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Was the kid assassin at the end from the House of the Undying?

Don't know, but given that it's already a departure from the book, I'd assume that's at least implied?

I don't remember well enough what happened in the book, but I remember something about a "sorrowful" group of assassins who say "sorry" and cry before killing you being behind the scorpion attack.

Then again, and book spoilers ahead so if you haven't read... Pyat Pree (and Xaro) are still alive in the books at this point, so that's probably how they're going to continue their stories without them?

On a non-spoiler-related note, I'm not sure if I think the actor is suited to the role of Mance, but I can deal. I did like the introduction of maester Qyburn though...

kdrcraig
04-01-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure if I think the actor is suited to the role of Mance, but I can deal.

I think he's perfect. Really liked how Barristan revealed himself right away instead of going through the cloak and dagger stuff like in the books. Can't wait for Strong Belwas to make his appearance.

The manticore didn't look at all like I'd pictured it.

Same here.

ambergris
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Wonderful episode, great way to begin the season - so many characters and places were featured, there was something for everyone. And still, some charatcers were missing - the other Stark children and Jaime. It's such an ambitious project....
I still haven't managed to read the books. In Germany, they actually split each book in two, so I'd have to buy four books just to catch up. There's the uncomfortable way of reading it as an Ebook on a desktop PC.... I don't know.
Anyway, I loved the translation scene, hilarious... Not having read the books, I wonder who Tyrion is going to defect to, I mean he's got to at some point, or? I wonder if he's going to flee with Sansa, or to Daenerys.... Should I read the books to spoil myself? I DONT KNOW!

kdrcraig
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Should I read the books to spoil myself? I DONT KNOW!

I don't know about that. There were times during season 2 I wished I wouldn't have read the books, but I'm really excited to see everything that's going to happen this season. So much awesome shit is going to happen. The show is doing a good number of things quite a bit differently than how they happen in the books but all the major things will definitely be spoiled if you read them.

slave2thewage
04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Can't wait for Strong Belwas to make his appearance.
I don't think we're getting Strong Belwas.

kdrcraig
04-01-2013, 11:04 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he's in one of the trailers. God damn it, I'm gonna be really disappointed if he gets cut from the show.

Edit: Found that article on io9.com, they say possibly he's in the trailer but I watched it again and didn't see anything I thought could be him.

Jinsai
04-01-2013, 11:09 AM

I assumed the same thing

and yeah, the reveal of Selmy was good, but they couldn't have pulled off his hidden identity like they did in the book. There's no way that could have been done without it coming across as ridiculous.

kdrcraig
04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Just did some internet searching, it appears Strong Belwas is definitely not in this season. Damn it. I guess I just assumed he'd show up along with Selmy, he's such a bad ass in the books. Maybe they'll work him in later in the show.

Nyx
04-03-2013, 04:41 AM
It's been officially renewed for season 4: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37012

And maybe we need another thread for the book vs. series discussions? I'd hate to accidentally read any kind of spoiler in here.

Vertigo
04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Could take it to here (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/747-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire). Do we need a third thread?

Season kicked off in a big way, in any case. The scene in which Tywin unloaded on Tyrion was so shocking, with the little guy being absolutely lost for words for the first time we've ever seen, and the way Peter Dinklage played it, hunched over like he'd been physically brutalised. So horrible, and so good.
I like that they took the time to focus on just a few sets of characters and advance each by a significant amount, rather than trying to squeeze everyone into the episode and accomplishing little (which I think the show has tended towards at times).

kdrcraig
04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I think last season we took spoilerish discussions to the book thread as well. But I don't believe anything's actually been spoiled in here, just difference discussion.

slave2thewage
04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Regarding Belwas: I'm assuming Mereen is season four so he could be introduced there

Can it be Sunday yet? I can't wait to see the Queen of Thorns being a flawless bitch.

kdrcraig
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
I hope that's what happens.

Super excited for Sunday's episode. This season is going to be even rougher to wait week to week than last season was, I want to see everything that is going to happen right now.

Conrad Lienert
04-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Thought you’d all like this. SPOILER ALERT! Don't look if you haven't watched Season 3 Episode 1!

http://www.happyplace.com/22775/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-1 (http://www.happyplace.com/22775/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-1)

slave2thewage
04-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Sadly missing "Mance Rayder is now friends with Ah, Ned Stark's Bastard".