PDA

View Full Version : 2013.10.03 Montréal, Québec - Centre Bell

Ash512
06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Moment Factory and yours truly's hometown show. See you there :)

marodi
06-06-2013, 08:42 PM
*whimpers*

Still can't go...

*throws tantrum*

sentient02970
06-06-2013, 08:53 PM
This will be my first time back to the city in years!

jshebib
06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
happy he'll be in Montreal. wish it was somewhere smaller.... Metropolis or somewhere. Regardless, happy.

redshoewearer
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I hope to be there. It is a Thursday. If I'm not swamped in semester work. I prefer Ottawa because it is closer, but Montreal NIN audiences are off the chain energetic with their enjoyment - it is no surprise NIN goes back there.

ILoveFestivals
06-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Montreal audiences are the tits! Metropolis would be amazing! Maybe next time...

In reply to redshoewearer. The last time NIN was in Ottawa for the LITS second leg there was nobody there!! The lower bowl was less than half full. Shitty turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if NIN never played there again.

Deepvoid
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Gotta agree that the crowd is always amazing. Very loud. It will be an amazing shows as usual!

redshoewearer
06-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Montreal audiences are the tits! Metropolis would be amazing! Maybe next time...

In reply to redshoewearer. The last time NIN was in Ottawa for the LITS second leg there was nobody there!! The lower bowl was less than half full. Shitty turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if NIN never played there again.

Oh I know - I was at that one too. Its just that it is a little closer, but the Montreal audience is so much more enthusiastic, so Montreal makes way more sense.

otnavuskire
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
The last time NIN was in Ottawa for the LITS second leg there was nobody there!! The lower bowl was less than half full. Shitty turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if NIN never played there again.

I was at that show. Even the crowd that was there was pretty tame. Most of the people in seats were sitting down. Of the four LITS shows I went to, that was my least favorite, and I think the crowd had a lot to do with it.

ILoveFestivals
06-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I was at that show. Even the crowd that was there was pretty tame. Most of the people in seats were sitting down. Of the four LITS shows I went to, that was my least favorite, and I think the crowd had a lot to do with it.
I was at the front, so I just tried not to notice the 13K+ empty seats... Such a sad turnout. I have a lot of respect for the whole NIN crew for not scrapping that show due to poor tickets sales. Trent and co still went on stage and gave their all.

tremolo
06-09-2013, 10:11 AM

I was there and that was sad.

And the crowd SUCKED! What's with Canadian crowds? I've never been to a concert in Montreal, so I'm hoping (by what I read) seeing NIN live over there will be a more complete and fun experience than seeing them in Ottawa or Toronto.

Anyway, I really hope I can make it on a Thursday! If not, Toronto will have to do.

ILoveFestivals
06-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I was there and that was sad.

And the crowd SUCKED! What's with Canadian crowds? I've never been to a concert in Montreal, so I'm hoping (by what I read) seeing NIN live over there will be a more complete and fun experience than seeing them in Ottawa or Toronto.

Anyway, I really hope I can make it on a Thursday! If not, Toronto will have to do.
Yeah Toronto crowds really are hit and miss, but if you get them on a good day it's phenomenal. Montreal is definitely gonna be wild though. If you make it you'll understand.

EDIT: hopefully you make it. It would be great to see as many ETS members as possible for these shows.

tremolo
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah Toronto crowds really are hit and miss, but if you get them on a good day it's phenomenal. Montreal is definitely gonna be wild though. If you make it you'll understand.

EDIT: hopefully you make it. It would be great to see as many ETS members as possible for these shows.

I still haven't been to any show in Toronto with a passionate wild fun crowd. I think the NINJA show and Wave Goodbye (Virgin Fest) at the Molson Amphitheatre were more fun, but just the section where I was. Other people in the GA area were pretty boring.

I'm from Chile, I'm used to people letting go and going apeshit during concerts... I miss that!

jshebib
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
anyone having problems buying presale? I am getting an error message "

This site can only be accessed from within the official site. If you believe you have reached this page in error, email tix@musictoday.com.

PhoenixML
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Ouff... 115$ each.

I got 102 row E.

redshoewearer
06-11-2013, 12:08 PM
anyone having problems buying presale? I am getting an error message "

This site can only be accessed from within the official site. If you believe you have reached this page in error, email tix@musictoday.com.

I am also having this problem. Not sure what to do. Will try different browser.

Deepvoid
06-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Same error here.

Deepvoid
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Ouff... 115$ each.

I got 102 row E.

So basically you don't save one single penny through pre-sale.

dgonets
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm getting this error:

My friend gets passed this point, but then gets an error because the tickets he adds to his cart are in a different currency than other items in his cart, of which
there are none.

This is significantly buggier than the LTS tour pre-sale.

PhoenixML
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe that can help : you need to start at the Tour page. You can't only refresh the page.

Or try channel 4... (VHS joke)

jshebib
06-11-2013, 12:17 PM
OK, tried it again and seems to be working. $225 including service fees for 2 tickets.

dgonets
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
OK, tried it again and seems to be working. $225 including service fees for 2 tickets.

Still can't get it to work on my end... very frustrating. I've tried my linux, PC, OSX browsers and cellphone (to see if its my router's fault), several browsers on each. Same error.

redshoewearer
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Still can't get it to work on my end... very frustrating. I've tried my linux, PC, OSX browsers and cellphone (to see if its my router's fault), several browsers on each. Same error.

Same here - several browsers on a mac and a pc and no luck.

jshebib
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
dgonets (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/2834-dgonets)
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/statusicon/user-online.png
Just pick another city, like Boston, it will show you all the cities, and then you can choose Montreal.

that should work.

Nomad.hatter
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Just pick another city, like Boston, it will show you all the cities, and then you can choose Montreal.

that should work.

Yea, try any other city on sale right now because they all go to the same events page where you pick your specific city. I got in using Cleveland around 12:50 and then refreshed at 1:00 and things went pretty smoothly. I'm a little surprised at how expensive these tickets were. Still managed to grab one after I couldn't get a Toronto ticket.

halo_nothing
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Well that was frustrating.. several errors, browsers and devices later I was finally able to secure my GA tickets. Now the waiting begins..

redshoewearer
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM

that should work.

Thanks for that - I got in, but it looks like everything is gone. I'll keep trying though - sometimes tickets get thrown pack into the pile.

Edit - I did get in, and got a GA ticket.

jshebib
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Sorry to see some didn't get into the presale that wanted to, one of the next presales is on facebook, see this post from Sick_among_the_pure:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/vessel/squares/avatar266_1.gif (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/266-sick-among-the-pure) sick among the pure (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/266-sick-among-the-pure)
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/statusicon/user-online.png butts. http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/member.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.png

Join DateDec 2011LocationPhilly, PAPosts378Mentioned1 Post(s)

Everyone, if you were not able to get a pre-sale, there is a facebook presale on thursday for any show that goes on regular sale this friday. It's for "regular" tickets, so no early entrance, but with as few nin.com presales as there usually are, getting in line early for the regular ticket entrance isn't going to hold you back much (I've been on rail before because of early entrance and had the person right behind me be from regular entrance).
FB Presale*: Thursday 6/13 10am- 5pm (local time)
*For all shows going on sale 6/14
Presale Code: HAUNTED
http://bit.ly/NIN_tickets

snaapz
06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Buy tix is visible again ...

There's 1 GA sitting there....

halo_nothing
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I did get in, and got a GA ticket.
Congrats. See you there.

ILoveFestivals
06-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Is anybody carpooling from the Toronto area for this show?

becomingtom
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I managed to get a floor ticket, can't wait!

Moosy
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Been a fan since downward spiral, owner of all 27 halo, this will be my first NIN show... YEEESSSSS! Finally. Way too old for GA! Section 113 row EE. 'This is the first day of my last fays...' Ho my god, October seems so far away...

Shadaloo
06-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Got my 2 floor tix during the presale for me and a buddy. Fragile, WT, Lights, Wave Goodbye....yes, this will be my fifth time. Hell yes, I'm going right for the front.

Ash512
06-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Sec 112, Row D, Seats ( 14 - 15 )
Vraiment content que ce soit un des premiers shows de la tournée... Trent va être top shape :)

Deepvoid
06-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Vraiment content que ce soit un des premiers shows de la tournée... Trent va être top shape :)

Le coté négatif c'est qu'il y aura peut-être des problèmes techniques puisque le show n'est pas rodé au début.

And for our English folks I basically said that there's a downside on being the 2nd show of the tour. Chances of technical glitches is higher as the show is more in a breaking-in period.

ILoveFestivals
06-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Le coté négatif c'est qu'il y aura peut-être des problèmes techniques puisque le show n'est pas rodé au début.

And for our English folks I basically said that there's a downside on being the 2nd show of the tour. Chances of technical glitches is higher as the show is more in a breaking-in period.
It's the 4th show though, so hopefully any glitches will be worked out.

Ash512
06-12-2013, 09:41 AM

By the end of the second leg of LITS tour, there were still glitches...

marodi
06-12-2013, 09:58 AM

S'il y a des problèmes techniques, ça va juste rendre Trent furieux et il y a longtemps qu'on ne l'a pas vu péter une coche sur scène. C'est toujours distrayant, avec lui.

Evidemment, je ne serai pas la pour le voir... :(

Deepvoid
06-12-2013, 11:16 AM

I thought it was the 2nd .. my bad.

ILoveFestivals
06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I thought it was the 2nd .. my bad.
I probably came off as a dick, but that was not my intention.

Deepvoid
06-13-2013, 07:54 AM
I probably came off as a dick, but that was not my intention.

Absolutely not! haha

As far as glitches go, it depends if the production is as "interactive" as the LITS tour. Maybe not.
Trent complained a bit about how the production limited setlist changes and whatnot.
I think we might have some crazy visuals but that will allow for some improvisation throughout the tour.

Just got my tickets from Evenko pre-sale. Section 124. I didn't ask for the row. Don't care. 124 is awesome!

sentient02970
06-14-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm going. I'm going! I'm GOING!!! :)

pixel_ghost
06-14-2013, 05:56 PM
YES ! I'm coming up from Quebec City with 5 of my friends. This is gonna be AWESOME ! See you there !!

halo_nothing
06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Coming in from Ottawa for this one. Going to make a weekend out of it with my girl friend. Can anyone recommend a fair price hotel for a couple nights stay?

Moosy
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Try one of the Chablis hotels. A bit pricey, but some of the rooms have voyeur showers and dancing poles!!!! Great way to end a night after a NIN concert !!

Deepvoid
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
So floor tickets are officially sold out.
Not much left in Red & B.
Plenty left higher (blue, white & grey).

On a side note, I really like Evenko's new ticket system. You can actually see which sections have tickets left and select the section of your choice.

ModOlek
08-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Chances of technical glitches is higher as the show is more in a breaking-in period.
Moment Factory in charge of the lighting are from Montreal, so if one show must to be perfect, I think it's this one...

Peut-être que T.Rez va nous montrer ses gosses à Montréal...
(Parisian Joke...)

Shadaloo
08-29-2013, 01:52 PM
I'd like to ask everyone who will be present to NOT sing "Ole ole ole ole" during the encore break. And if you see someone start, please punch them in the back of the head.

Deepvoid
08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
It's not that bad. It's like our trademark. :)

Shadaloo
08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
It's a sports chant. You sing it when your team is winning. It's basically expressing "We are the best". It's...awkward as hell at rock concerts and really out of place.

For god's sakes, let's just go with "Nine Inch Nails", "N I N", or "Trent". I'd even suggest "Fist Fuck".

Butterscotch
08-30-2013, 12:51 PM
It's a sports chant. You sing it when your team is winning. It's basically expressing "We are the best". It's...awkward as hell at rock concerts and really out of place.

For god's sakes, let's just go with "Nine Inch Nails", "N I N", or "Trent". I'd even suggest "Fist Fuck".

If you could get a large crowd to chant "Fist Fuck", that would be the best thing ever.

Shadaloo
08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
If you could get a large crowd to chant "Fist Fuck", that would be the best thing ever.

I'll shoot for it. I was able to get a "Trent!" chant going last time. :D

Deepvoid
08-31-2013, 07:38 AM

It's quite interesting because I have attended my share of concert in pretty much every existing venues in Montreal and I have only heard this at the Bell Centre.
Anyways, we are always one of the best crowd so ... ;)

Skid_Marks
09-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi, I'm living in Montreal, and I'm going to this show, it's a few stations from where I live. If any fan want to meet or hang out before the week of the show, feel free. Maybe the last or second-to-last week of September. All we need is a place to meet (right where we belong xD). Can't wait for T-Rez !

Shadaloo
09-02-2013, 12:49 PM
It's quite interesting because I have attended my share of concert in pretty much every existing venues in Montreal and I have only heard this at the Bell Centre.
Anyways, we are always one of the best crowd so ... ;)

I heard it at Killing Joke earlier this year at Cafe Campus and had myself a facepalm moment. :D And yes, we really are. Even Trent said so once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJ5JLWSXCI

I'd be willing to grab a beer with some folks at some point for sure.

exolstice
09-03-2013, 01:34 PM
If anyone wants to go to the Montreal show (with me) or knows someone who does, I have an extra ticket, Section 112 Row A, seats 12 or 13, face value ($114.45 includes the taxes and service fees).

dave_destruct
09-04-2013, 06:31 PM

Haha,whats the problem with that? WE are the best ;)

Shadaloo
09-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Yeah, but I'm there to cheer for the band I love, and not for the audience I'm part of. :p

sentient02970
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Booked at Le Centre now just awaiting my new ID for border travel.

exolstice
09-23-2013, 07:47 AM
If anyone wants to go to the Montreal show (with me) or knows someone who does, I have an extra ticket, Section 112 Row A, seats 12 or 13, face value ($114.45 includes the taxes and service fees).

$100 and you can buy me a beer, no takers?

Frydek
09-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Tabarnak! So gutted I won't be in Montreal for this. LITS show in 2008 was amazing!

I guess I'll have to wait for the European tour this time... :mad:

dave_destruct
09-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Presqu'une semaine!! Almost one week!! Qui a des presales?

Ash512
09-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Moé! Dans les rouges.

dave_destruct
09-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Who wants to hang out smoke and drink before the show!?! Gros pétard et pabst blue ribbon au menu!

Indefinite_Cure
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I heard it at Killing Joke earlier this year at Cafe Campus and had myself a facepalm moment. :D And yes, we really are. Even Trent said so once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJ5JLWSXCI

I was at that show...probably too excited for comfort..I'll be calmer this time...and no camera! (spoils the moment...)

dave_destruct
09-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Calmer!?! Its NIN LIVE!!! Ain't no time to be calm!!! ;)

Deepvoid
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone got info for the Will Call? My friend bought tix from nin.com and hasn't received anything about the location to pick her tickets. Thanks in advance!

exolstice
09-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Presqu'une semaine!! Almost one week!! Qui a des presales?

I do... and I can't find anyone to take my extra ticket, even at a discount! I'll have to convince my wife to come.

dave_destruct
09-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Usually Pre-sale tickets owners receive Info about 3 days before the show. Same thing happen to me for How To Destroy Angel in Toronto.

dave_destruct
09-26-2013, 05:25 PM
I do... and I can't find anyone to take my extra ticket, even at a discount! I'll have to convince my wife to come.

Really?? Are they Floor tickets? I am pretty shur you can find somebody on kijiji or lespacs . chet it out

Deepvoid
09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Usually Pre-sale tickets owners receive Info about 3 days before the show. Same thing happen to me for How To Destroy Angel in Toronto.

Thanks! Will let my friend know. She was getting worried.

dave_destruct
09-27-2013, 09:12 AM

Ok! I found somebody for your ticket! Let me know if its still available :D

exolstice
09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Ok! I found somebody for your ticket! Let me know if its still available :D

Still available. It's 112 Row A, seats 12-13. They can pick either one. ;) PM me the contact info.

dave_destruct
09-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Still available. It's 112 Row A, seats 12-13. They can pick either one. ;) PM me the contact info.

Ahh... Sorry dude he want a floor ticket. I will ask some other friends if they are interested.

6 DAYS!!!! :DDDD

exolstice
09-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Ahh... Sorry dude he want a floor ticket. I will ask some other friends if they are interested.

6 DAYS!!!! :DDDD

Cool, thanks!

FULLMETAL
09-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Below are the ticket check-in instructions for the Montreal Nine Inch Nails show at the Bell Centre on Thursday, October 3, 2013.

BELL CENTRE ADDRESS:
1909, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal 

Montréal, Québec
Canada H4B 5G0
T: (514) 932-2582 or 800 663-6786

· TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY LOCATION: WINDSOR COURT ENTRANCE / ENTRÉE COURS WINDSOR
The Windsor Court Entrance / Entrée Cours Windsor is on the Gare Windsor / East side of the building which is located between Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal and St-Antoine St. West and next to the St-Hubert Restaurant.

There will be signage and staff, including a nin.com (http://nin.com/) representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference.

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:00PM

· NIN.COM (http://nin.com/) MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:15PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 6:30PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show. To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME printed on your tickets. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES OR TICKET TRANSFERS ALLOWED.

As a reminder, please heed the nin.com (http://nin.com/) ticketing terms:

· Immediate entry required upon checking-in.
· You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.
· Your tickets will have your name printed on them and you must show matching valid government-issued photo I.D. at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.
· Your tickets are non-transferrable and the will call name must match the name on your nin.com (http://nin.com/) account - there will be no will call name changes.
· Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

A tour merchandise stand will open at 4:30PM, weather permitting, outside the venue for those looking to purchase merchandise with time to place it in their vehicle or elsewhere before entering the show. In addition to regular tour merchandise, there will be a limited number of art posters only available for sale at this location (not inside the venue) with a limit of one art poster per customer.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

exolstice
09-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Art posters!

dave_destruct
09-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Doors at 6:15 and NIN probably at 9... Its going to cost alot of beer waithing :P

frankie teardrop
09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
we are going to this one as well! maybe see some of you kids there!

little_evil
09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I got my floor tickets! Gonna be a party in the pit with the French!

FutureMrsReznor
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I have an extra GA ticket...who wants to be my new BFF for the day?

FutureMrsReznor
10-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I have an extra GA ticket...who wants to be my new BFF for the day?
Okay fine we don't have to be BFFs...I just don't want my other ticket to go to waste!

Shadaloo
10-02-2013, 09:38 AM
I'll be in the presale line, wearing black dress pants tucked into boots with straps, and likely my WT-era black T-shirt with the purple NIN logo.

Tomorrow night. :D

halo_nothing
10-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I'll be in the presale line, wearing black dress pants tucked into boots with straps, and likely my WT-era black T-shirt with the purple NIN logo.

Tomorrow night. :D

Until then! I'll be wearing a Wave Goodbye misprinted tour shirt.

Deepvoid
10-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah!! We're freaking next! Probably crossing the borders as we speak.
For those wondering NIN is scheduled to hit the stage at 8:45.
EITS is from 7:30 to 8:15.

halo_nothing
10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah!! We're freaking next! Probably crossing the borders as we speak.
For those wondering NIN is scheduled to hit the stage at 8:45.
EITS is from 7:30 to 8:15.

I'll be coming in from Ottawa and plan to be where the outdoor merch booth is by 4:00. I plan on grabbing a tour shirt, hoody, 1 of each poster and the key ring. Good thing I've been saving up!

redshoewearer
10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Just found my ETS shirt- I'll probably be wearing it and plan to stay right at the back of the pit. I expect I'll park at Namur and take the metro into downtown.

Deepvoid
10-03-2013, 08:18 AM
This day at work cannot end sooner!

dave_destruct
10-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Tonight Tabarnack!!!! :D We will be 6 friends in presale line, look for long blond dreadlocks and come say hello!!!

exolstice
10-03-2013, 08:57 AM
I have an extra ticket for tonight's show. If anyone knows anyone, heavily discounted $60 for Section 112, Row A, Seat 12 or 13. Please let me know!

ModOlek
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
http://our.pix.free.fr/dfb/metromontreal22.jpg

Shadaloo
10-03-2013, 10:46 AM
lol, I tried so hard to get a good shot of the ones at Berri-UQAM, but too many damn people around. :P

FutureMrsReznor
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I have an extra GA ticket!!

ILoveFestivals
10-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I have extra room in my hotel if any ody desparately needs it.

henryeatscereal
10-03-2013, 12:49 PM
One of my best friends is attending tonight, i already asked for a T Shirt!

dave_destruct
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I have an extra ticket for tonight's show. If anyone knows anyone, heavily discounted $60 for Section 112, Row A, Seat 12 or 13. Please let me know!

I will do my best, let me know if you sold it

exolstice
10-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I will do my best, let me know if you sold it

Finally found someone, but thanks for looking out!

PhoenixML
10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon OMG OMG OMG soon

PS : by "soon" I mean in a few hours, not the TR "soon" which means indefinitely

Skid_Marks
10-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Moé! Dans les rouges. Moi aussi, avec des lunettes, section 119, rangée V ;)

FULLMETAL
10-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Found some wifi inside the arena. First night posters and they added a PHM shirt same style as NIN.com. It seems this is a venue that makes the rail sit before the show.

Shadaloo
10-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
The Frail
The Wretched
Survivalism
Satellite
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
Burn
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Echoplex
I'm Afraid of Americans
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

Shadaloo
10-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Impressions from the guy in the black WT-era shirt with the purple logo, two feet behind the rail, in front of the backup singers, between Trent and Robin:

-Mic failure during opening verses of Terrible Lie means Hulk Trent drop-kicks mic and throws it, and then kicks drum stand. Awesome.
-The visuals for Disappointed, and the song itself, are absolutely a show highlight. I hope it sticks around for future tours.
-I'm not feeling All Time Low live. Great song but nobody seems sure how to react. Not even really much dancing or swaying going on.
-Adoring the fact that Trent no longer needs to sing "Nothing can stop me now". He just lets us take care of it, and we did very well (after he tossed the mic in and someone went "NOFIG CAHERBLEDERP" until the feed got cut). Sounded awesome afterward though.
-Find My Way is another highlight. Cripes, can TR ever emote. :)
-Compared to 2008, I think the crowd was average. Not bad, but average (also full of douchebags in the area behind me at the border of the pit). Then again Trent actually gave us a great big compliment last time, saying we were one of the best audiences they'd had...maybe it was because we were one of the last stops last time, and one of the first this time. Who knows.
-Truly saddened by the lack of Even Deeper or In This Twilight, which I was really hoping for. I'm Afraid of Americans was even better than on the Wave Goodbye tour, though. Trent's making that song his. Watch it, Dave. :D
-A Warm Place was everything I wanted and needed it to be.
-My roommate says this has been the best show since Self Destruct, which she attended (and won't ever let me forget). I'm inclined to agree. TR was in fucking awesome form tonight, full of energy.
-Bless this outdoor merch booth concept and the presence of Large-size T-shirts. Got me the blue-font teeth tee.
-My heartfelt apologies to the tiny girl right in front of me if you were crushed slightly; I was doing my best to keep the weight from behind me off of you.
-Fucking sea of cellphones around me during Hurt. I hate you people. At least there was no clapping.
-Did Trent stop letting Robin sing? I was looking forward to some mild hilarity.
-I am now in possession of an orange highlighter cap that someone clipped onto my bum pocket. Cheeky. :eek:

head_lice
10-04-2013, 02:02 AM
The mic also cut out in the first part of somewhat damaged. I thought I was envious of St. Paul's setlist. Montreal fixed that. More later.

Ash512
10-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Tension has strong setlists IMO, but it does not "pick up where LITS left off", which what I was expecting and didn't get. There is little to no interactivity here, and the screens aren't used to their full potential, so don't go in thinking the bar's going to be raised or anything.

Now that I've realized that, I think I'll enjoy the next shows better.

Performance was flawless though, especially Trent's singing. I don't think I've seen him in such perfect shape since the WT days.

Free James Brown
10-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Quick questions....what time did they go on stage? What time were they off stage?
thanks

Nomad.hatter
10-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Quick questions....what time did they go on stage? What time were they off stage?
thanks

Pretty sure it was 9PM - 11PM give or take.

The show itself was pretty awesome, though I echo the sentiments above about the light show not being as impressive as LITS. That said, some songs did look pretty great, Disappointed and Satellites coming to mind right now. At one point, Trent almost kicked a spot light into the mic tech's head when his mic cut out at the beginning of Somewhat Damaged.

Anyway, great show, and it was a pleasure meeting some of the folks in line/at the show.

FULLMETAL
10-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I wandered into the queue around 2:30p and was the 24th person there. It seems they handed out some of the early entry NIN.com pre-sale wristbands early, which confused security and folks in the queue. It wasn't total chaos, but they clearly didn't follow the times in the e-mail. Regardless, it was fairly smooth and without major incident from my vantage point.

I will admit that EITS is not my cup of tea, but they changed their set for this show and it was a huge improvement in terms of pacing.

The setlist for NIN would appear to be fairly standard at this point, but I'm really enjoying the performances. Rob finally made an appearance on stage during "Satellite" as he was experimenting with a new visual backdrop for the song. He had some sort of hand-held two camera rig that fed the back LED with crazy un-rendered polygons and the font screen with what looked like a security camera. It was a cool effect, but I may have been too close to fully experience the effect. I'm looking forward to seeing this one refined.

I take back my criticism of "Survivalism" for having a lack of oomph. The reworked version for this tour is more seductive instead of a fist-pounding anthem. It works, but you have to hear Lisa & Sharlotte clearly to appreciate it.

Anyhow, I recorded a couple of shitty videos for posterity:
Band Intros/I'm Afraid of Americans - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-F-4o9Xmw8
Black Noise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JAvl9qnn4

jshebib
10-04-2013, 03:05 PM
On the time issue, I think they started just a bit early, about 8:50 pm by my watch/phone

jshebib
10-04-2013, 03:08 PM
arrived at 8:20 pm. picked up 2 "limited edition" posters that were put back in car and then went to floor. beer lineup at back of floor/GA was shorter than at main entrance. we stayed next to the soundboard. good way to see all the effects and more around abit. great show except for the fuckers who continued to chat during the whole fucking show. fuck off and go to talk at a coffee shop or something, not during a concert. yes, I moved twice but so did they in the same direction as me. otherwise, great show.

ILoveFestivals
10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
arrived at 8:20 pm. picked up 2 "limited edition" posters that were put back in car and then went to floor. beer lineup at back of floor/GA was shorter than at main entrance. we stayed next to the soundboard. good way to see all the effects and more around abit. great show except for the fuckers who continued to chat during the whole fucking show. fuck off and go to talk at a coffee shop or something, not during a concert. yes, I moved twice but so did they in the same direction as me. otherwise, great show.
That is terrible luck. Next time smack em in the face and say, "It's time to get these motha fuckin chatter boxes off this motha fuckin floor!"

sentient02970
10-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Fucking I'm Afraid of Americans blew me away live. Somewhat Damaged...beautiful noise.

dave_destruct
10-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Des photos :)

http://www.sorstu.ca/critique-nine-inch-nails-au-centre-bell-de-montreal/

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/10/04/concert-review-nine-inch-nails-at-the-bell-centre-oct-3-2013/

frankie teardrop
10-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Impressions from the guy in the black WT-era shirt with the purple logo, two feet behind the rail, in front of the backup singers, between Trent and Robin:

-Mic failure during opening verses of Terrible Lie means Hulk Trent drop-kicks mic and throws it, and then kicks drum stand. Awesome.
-The visuals for Disappointed, and the song itself, are absolutely a show highlight. I hope it sticks around for future tours.
-I'm not feeling All Time Low live. Great song but nobody seems sure how to react. Not even really much dancing or swaying going on.
-Adoring the fact that Trent no longer needs to sing "Nothing can stop me now". He just lets us take care of it, and we did very well (after he tossed the mic in and someone went "NOFIG CAHERBLEDERP" until the feed got cut). Sounded awesome afterward though.
-Find My Way is another highlight. Cripes, can TR ever emote. :)
-Compared to 2008, I think the crowd was average. Not bad, but average (also full of douchebags in the area behind me at the border of the pit). Then again Trent actually gave us a great big compliment last time, saying we were one of the best audiences they'd had...maybe it was because we were one of the last stops last time, and one of the first this time. Who knows.
-Truly saddened by the lack of Even Deeper or In This Twilight, which I was really hoping for. I'm Afraid of Americans was even better than on the Wave Goodbye tour, though. Trent's making that song his. Watch it, Dave. :D
-A Warm Place was everything I wanted and needed it to be.
-My roommate says this has been the best show since Self Destruct, which she attended (and won't ever let me forget). I'm inclined to agree. TR was in fucking awesome form tonight, full of energy.
-Bless this outdoor merch booth concept and the presence of Large-size T-shirts. Got me the blue-font teeth tee.
-My heartfelt apologies to the tiny girl right in front of me if you were crushed slightly; I was doing my best to keep the weight from behind me off of you.
-Fucking sea of cellphones around me during Hurt. I hate you people. At least there was no clapping.
-Did Trent stop letting Robin sing? I was looking forward to some mild hilarity.
-I am now in possession of an orange highlighter cap that someone clipped onto my bum pocket. Cheeky. :eek:

sounds like you were right by me & halo33. had a great time at this show! one of my last near-rail experiences (getting too old for this shit).

Shadaloo
10-13-2013, 12:59 AM
It may be the same for me. That's twice in a row I've been up to the rail, NIN are the only ones I'll ever do it for. Worth every second though.

Still not sure whether I should be jealous that we didn't get Even Deeper or Into The Void, or be smug about the fact that we're still the only ones on this tour so far to get I'm Afraid Of Americans. Both, I think (edit: Not after NJ last night we're not).