PDA

View Full Version : 2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

october_midnight
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Count me and the wife in. Yay Explosions in The Sky!

ManBurning
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
I'll be at this one for sure! Can't miss the home show!

And for once I am not disappointed by Trent's choice of band to open the show, while i'm not terribly familiar with explosions in the sky, the stuff I have heard is pretty awesome.

ibanez33
06-11-2013, 03:03 AM
I'll be there!! Is anyone else planning on going down to Seattle the next day?

ManBurning
06-11-2013, 04:03 AM
My plan for Seattle will be detirmined tomorrow whether I can score Vegas tickets or not. My original plan is to do Vegas, Portland, Spokane and end in Vancouver and stay home (no sense crossing the boarder again 2 more times when i'm already home). But if Vegas falls through, plan will be revamped to probably hit Seattle instead (got a friend begging me to go with him, ironically I was begging him to come to Vegas before but his wife won't let him go, heh).

RINGFINGER
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
My wife and I will be at this one as well

ManBurning
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
My wife and I will be at this one as well

Wow, you're going to alot of shows man!

RINGFINGER
06-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Sure am...I am planning on 10-12 shows for this run...What can I say I <3 NIN

ibanez33
06-12-2013, 02:15 AM
You're nuts, man. I'm just going to Vancouver and Seattle this year, hoping on a summer tour of smaller venues for me to see a few more next year.

NotoriousTIMP
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm also looking forward to going to Seattle and Vancouver.....good luck to everyone on getting tickets. :)

october_midnight
06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Section 118 - Row 10. My first non GA show for NIN, and fuck knows why I haven't done it before. For this much money, I'll be damned if I wanna smell the idiots around me or feel some asshole's elbow in my back.

For anyone interested, the transaction was smooth as butter, and a pair ended up at $223.50 so not bad at all!

ibanez33
06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Scored GA for Vancouver and Seattle. I was seated for the LITS show in Victoria, it's my turn to get gross and sweaty now.

NotoriousTIMP
06-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Scored a pair of GA tix....

ManBurning
06-17-2013, 11:32 PM
I got GA tickets for my girlfriend and I as well. Didn't manage to score Seattle tickets though, that one sold out VERY fast. But there's still 2 more chances at Seattle through ticketmaster this week. Won't be hard to score a GA ticket there I would imagine.

As long as I have nin.com early admission for 1 show I am happy, and this would be that show! All my friends here managed to score GA tickets as well, so it's gonna be great to all be up at the front rockin the fuck out together.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just got a Seattle GA ticket now as well. it's 10pm and apparently more got released sometime tonight. So now I have nin.com presale for This show AND Seattle. Also attending Lollapalooza and both Vegas shows. I think that's enough NIN shows now, gotta give my bank account a rest, haha.

I know how these shows work though, you go to 1 or 2 assuming it will be enough, next thing you know a day or two passes and you start to have live NIN withdrawl and you need to hit up another show. So, who knows... maybe i'll make a last minute split decision after Seattle and attend Edmonton or Calgary as well. By this point I would have had enough GA tickets though, that's for sure. i really should have went for at least 1 seated show to take in a differet prespective of the show.

ibanez33
06-18-2013, 01:20 AM
I know how these shows work though, you go to 1 or 2 assuming it will be enough, next thing you know a day or two passes and you start to have live NIN withdrawl and you need to hit up another show. So, who knows... maybe i'll make a last minute split decision after Seattle and attend Edmonton or Calgary as well. By this point I would have had enough GA tickets though, that's for sure. i really should have went for at least 1 seated show to take in a differet prespective of the show.
Edmonton & Calgary are too far for me but if the Portland show were after Seattle I probably would've gone the extra distance for that one.

ManBurning
06-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Yeah, really doesn't make sense how they did the routing here... Spokane to Vancouver to Seattle to Edmonton... *shrugs* that's alot of boarder crossing in a few days.
Wish it was better planned out, but this is what it'll have to be for me.

It was either 2 things:

Start in Vegas, go to portland, spokane and end in Vancouver. Or
Go to vegas, fly home, go to Vancouver, go to Seattle.

The 2nd option won, not sure how... but it did. You can blame that on friend's wife who wouldn't let him go to Vegas, but somehow allows him to go to Seattle.
Least there is a break between shows, get a little bit of a rest. doing 4 shows in a row could be tiresome, and this way there is just enough time in between shows to get stoked and crave another NIN show (5 days between Vegas and Vancouver).

ibanez33
06-18-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm just holding on to hope that there will be a small-venue tour next year. That's when I'll get a little more adventurous and make my way down to Oregon and California. Next year could just be a European tour but with all the festivals they're doing there already I think a small-show North American tour is just as (if not more) likely.

ManBurning
06-18-2013, 11:58 AM
I think i'm done for travelling for a while. I've spent way too much on this band this year, it's rather frightening.
If they do a second North American leg in 2014 and go to Victoria or Kelowna, or somewhere else in BC i'd probably go, but I think that's as far as I want to travel.

Of course, I say that now, hah... we'll see how things pan out, but I really want to start saving for a house. My goal was to own something by Summer 2015, which means I need to make a pact with myself and NOT travel at least for a year and a half and start saving. This band just keeps sucking my money away, haha!

ætche
06-18-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm doing Seattle and Vancouver as well. Considering adding Portland later but two tickets were already kind of pushing it for me financially this month. I chose Vancouver to give myself a good excuse to finally visit Canada for the first time. I'm totally excited!

ManBurning
06-18-2013, 11:23 PM
I chose Vancouver to give myself a good excuse to finally visit Canada for the first time. I'm totally excited!

Eh, not exactly the greatest time to be visiting Canada... late November, hah. But you're used to the rain, so expect lots of that. If you plan on venturing elsewhere other than Vancouver, expect lots of snow and cold temperatures below zero for that time of year. Way better to visit here in Summer. The only reason I decided against hitting Edmonton and Calgary on this run was that very reason... the weather will be awful! So opted for a weekend in Vegas instead, get away from the rain for a weekend, bust out the shorts one last time before finally putting them away for the year!

ibanez33
06-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I think the ideal time to come to Canada would be anytime between now and mid-August. Now that I think about it, the last NIN came to Canada it was also winter. WTF, tour management?

NotoriousTIMP
06-22-2013, 11:20 AM
So, ETS meet up for this show? Any good restaurants that are close by?

jessamineny
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
:::looks at calendar:::

;)

ManBurning
06-22-2013, 01:07 PM
So, ETS meet up for this show? Any good restaurants that are close by?

There is a little burger joint on Granville Street that (in my opinion) has the best burgers in the city called Stackhouse. It's maybe a 20 minute walk from the venue, it's kind of a small place though, wouldn't fit a large amount of people, not sure how many people these "ETS Meetups" usually attract. I've only ever been to 1 NIN message board meetup before, and it was in Toronto 2006 setup through the Spiral message board. That attracted a good 20-30 people.

I'm trying to think what else is close to the arena, but nothing asside from fast food places like pizza by the slice and subway. You'll have to walk a good 15-20 minutes in any direction til you start to get to a decent restaurant. Or you could just hop the skytrain that's literally 2 steps away from the arena. Your best bet is taking it to Granville Street, that's where you'll find a decent place to eat, I suppose.

ibanez33
06-22-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm totally down for a meet-up! I'm not all too familiar with Vancouver though, so I don't really have any suggestions for places.

RINGFINGER
06-24-2013, 01:48 PM
I am going to be following the Tour from Los Angeles - Seattle.
Do you folks recommend that I fly or drive from Spokane-Vancouver?
(Weather hazards/issues that time of the year,etc)
If i fly in there is public transport pretty efficient or should i rent a car?

NotoriousTIMP
06-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Fly my Spokane....

RINGFINGER
06-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks !! That is what is going to happen i think...now i just need to figure out if public transport is suitable or not?

TheBang
06-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks !! That is what is going to happen i think...now i just need to figure out if public transport is suitable or not?
I guess it is: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Vancouver+International+Airport,+3211+G rant+McConachie+Way,+Richmond,+BC+V7B+0A4,+Canada&daddr=Rogers+Arena,+800+Griffiths+Way,+Vancouver,+ BC,+Canada&hl=en&ll=49.23531,-123.14352&spn=0.158379,0.10849&sll=49.234413,-123.144207&sspn=0.158382,0.10849&geocode=Famr7gIdnHWo-CmboyeGNAuGVDGEgDSGrMxoug%3BFd3q7wId9YSp-CFs3sRzAKSwUSmtN0lhe3GGVDFs3sRzAKSwUQ&oq=Rogers&t=h&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&z=13&start=0

Also, you can get from Spokane to Vancouver via Greyhound. It's an 11 hour ride, but $55 with advance purchase for Nov. 20.

RINGFINGER
06-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Yeah...We are gonna prob rent a car and drive into Vancouver....that seems like a nightmare (11 HOURS on a bus)

ManBurning
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM

There is a train line (canada line) that starts at the airport and goes downtown (20 minute ride). Will connect you to Waterfront station, transfer to the Expo/Millineum Line for a 5 minute ride to the Arena. Public transit would be the way to go.

Are you planning on staying a night in Vancouver? If so, there are plenty of hostels and hotels downtown, you won't have a problem taking transit to/from the airport. Very simple and cheaper than renting a car.

My recomendation is to fly into Vancouver from Spokane, take the train downtown and take the greyhound to Seattle the next morning. Greyhound to Seattle is super cheap and only takes about 4-5 hours. Or you can take the Amtrak down there as well (this takes longer and will be more expensive).

NotoriousTIMP
06-25-2013, 12:58 AM
A cool promo poster for this show has hit ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Vancouver-November-21st-2013-concert-poster-NIN-23-by-18-/300924285821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46107c337d

ibanez33
06-25-2013, 01:41 AM
All of the other posters they have for sale are also for Vancouver shows for other bands. 23"x18" sounds like it's just one of the ones that are going to be plastered all over town in rows of 30 wherever there's some blank plywood near a sidewalk.

Does look cool, though, but I sure wouldn't pay $20 for it.

RINGFINGER
06-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Show 9 of 10 = YAY

RINGFINGER
06-25-2013, 02:32 AM
There is a train line (canada line) that starts at the airport and goes downtown (20 minute ride). Will connect you to Waterfront station, transfer to the Expo/Millineum Line for a 5 minute ride to the Arena. Public transit would be the way to go.

Are you planning on staying a night in Vancouver? If so, there are plenty of hostels and hotels downtown, you won't have a problem taking transit to/from the airport. Very simple and cheaper than renting a car.

My recomendation is to fly into Vancouver from Spokane, take the train downtown and take the greyhound to Seattle the next morning. Greyhound to Seattle is super cheap and only takes about 4-5 hours. Or you can take the Amtrak down there as well (this takes longer and will be more expensive).

** Thanks for the info ManBurning.....I will def be calling upon you to help me finalize this portion of the trek.haha!!. **

NotoriousTIMP
06-25-2013, 09:49 AM
You could always rent a car in Spokane, drive to Seattle, and take a BOLT bus up to Vancouver. My girlfriend and I took the BOLT bus up for our Alaskan cruise last month and it was $8 per ticket each way. The bus ride was about 4 hours but it seemed shorter than that :)

ManBurning
06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
A cool promo poster for this show has hit ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Vancouver-November-21st-2013-concert-poster-NIN-23-by-18-/300924285821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46107c337d

What do you know... I have one too, and it doesn't look like garbage! I wouldn't pay 1 cent for that!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0515_zps0188061d.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0515_zps0188061d.jpg.html)

ibanez33
06-27-2013, 04:19 AM
So, was I right? Are they just plastered all over the place and you ripped one off some construction crap beside a sidewalk?

NotoriousTIMP
06-27-2013, 08:44 AM
I just saw the Seattle poster today but they were all water logged :(

ManBurning
06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
So, was I right? Are they just plastered all over the place and you ripped one off some construction crap beside a sidewalk?

Exactly, That is correct.

Fixer808
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Late for this party, but I scored tix from a friend for my sister and I. Six of us, seated, gonna be awesome. Who's getting the MFOB poster printed? Also, obviously, let's drink our faces off in a parking lot or under a bridge (or somewhere classy, you snobs) beforehand!

Fixer808
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
You could always rent a car in Spokane, drive to Seattle, and take a BOLT bus up to Vancouver. My girlfriend and I took the BOLT bus up for our Alaskan cruise last month and it was $8 per ticket each way. The bus ride was about 4 hours but it seemed shorter than that :)
@RINGFINGER (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/2823-RINGFINGER) Or take Quick Shuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com/)? I used it to go from Vancouver down to Bellingham airport to fly to Comic Con in 2011, it was nice and simple. They go between SeaTac south of Seattle, up to Canada Place in downtown Vancouver.

ibanez33
07-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Late for this party, but I scored tix from a friend for my sister and I. Six of us, seated, gonna be awesome. Who's getting the MFOB poster printed? Also, obviously, let's drink our faces off in a parking lot or under a bridge (or somewhere classy, you snobs) beforehand!

If you print off a MFOB poster at Staples or something I'll gladly chip in some funds for it. I'd do it myself but it would probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus before I even get into vancouver.

Fixer808
07-06-2013, 06:24 AM
I'd do it myself but it would probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus before I even get into vancouver.
I read that as "I'll probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus...". I'm guessing you still will.

ManBurning
07-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a MFOB poster???

Fixer808
07-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a MFOB poster???
"Massive fuck off burrito". Blame the AUS crew. Not sure which one I'll go with yet.
Standard?
http://www.tacodelmar.com/images/2011/food_shots/food_chicken_mondo.jpg

Or SPACE!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltscq4iCfG1r49t5mo1_500.jpg
I think we all know I'll go with space...

ibanez33
07-19-2013, 04:26 AM
I might just get some of that iron-on paper stuff and print it out and put it on my ETS shirt. we'll see.

NotoriousTIMP
07-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Autolux is an awesome opener, I wish I could see them this time around but sadly I'm only making it to two shows :(

Totally
07-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Looking for 1 GA - pm me

ætche
08-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I was thinking about staying at the Patricia Hotel. I know it's obviously a cheap, small, no frills place. Is that an okay place though if that's what I'm looking for as far as you guys know? Also looking for good pubs and such to check out. I have a list that I'm trying to whittle down and add to if you guys have any suggestions.

Parallel 49
Powell Street Craft Brewery
Steamworks
Coal Harbor Brewery
Lennox Pub
Granville Island Brewery
The Black Lodge (I'm definitely planning to go here for its Twin Peaks decor)

RGM81
08-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Got my ticket through the pre-sale - FINALLY my first NIN show!

scottyscotty
09-20-2013, 10:30 PM
So I broke up with my girlfriend. I've got the custody of the NIN tickets though! Any cute female in her late teens want to go with me. I just want a date younger and hotter than the ex. You know how it is. Anyway, I've got floor. If interested, drop me a pm with NIN in the subject.

october_midnight
09-21-2013, 08:48 AM
I was thinking about staying at the Patricia Hotel. I know it's obviously a cheap, small, no frills place. Is that an okay place though if that's what I'm looking for as far as you guys know?

Yikes.....

ibanez33
09-21-2013, 12:41 PM
So I broke up with my girlfriend. I've got the custody of the NIN tickets though! Any cute female in her late teens want to go with me. I just want a date younger and hotter than the ex. You know how it is. Anyway, I've got floor. If interested, drop me a pm with NIN in the subject.
hahahahaha

playwithfire
09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/assets_c/2010/01/buckface-thumb-250x166.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/2d54b9a8858e345ce9d457c0aa3253eb/tumblr_mky73cGnFl1rqfhi2o1_400.gifhttp://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzEzL2EzL3N1cGVybmF0dXJhLmIzODZjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg1OTA-CmUJanBn/529fc3ec/2fc/supernatural-awkward.jpg
http://www.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_leqtkcAWCA1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

Krazy
09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3q6oqc.jpg

icecream
09-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Got tickets a while ago for this show. Will be my second NIN show, super excited. I don't know what ferry I'll catch but was just wondering if there was going to be a meet up for the show still?

ibanez33
10-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Got tickets a while ago for this show. Will be my second NIN show, super excited. I don't know what ferry I'll catch but was just wondering if there was going to be a meet up for the show still?

Another Islander!? I just moved to Vancouver from the Nanaimo area haha. I hope there's a meet up before or after but I don't feel responsible enough to be the one to try to organize it.

icecream
10-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I would hate to try and organize something but not be able to make it because of my schedule. But I didn't think I could get anymore excited for this show. After seeing some of the set lists, I'm about to lose my mind. A Warm Place being played every night, Somewhat Damaged too. It would be the greatest to start off an encore with Just Like you Imagined. I can't wait to see what other songs make it on this tour.

ætche
10-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Yikes.....

Is it really that horrible?

ManBurning
10-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Is it really that horrible?

Yes, that is in the Downtown Eastside. You want to stay as far, far away from there as possible. It's one thing to be going to a rock show at the Rickshaw and hang outside for more than 2 minutes, but to be wanting to SLEEP anywhere in that area is a whole nother story...

icecream
10-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Holy shit you guys.... only 24 more days. I remember when it was 100+ days. Can't wait!!

ibanez33
11-19-2013, 06:01 PM
2 days! What's everyone's plans for before & after the show?

icecream
11-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm beyond excited for this! I'll be ferrying over with a friend before the show, don't know what time we will make it into town/check in at the hotel. But after we were going to go to the Biercraft bar place. Heard it was pretty good.

october_midnight
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Plans? Drive downtown after work, pick up my wife from work, meet our friends for the show, go to the show, go for a drink after, go home. Party.

(*disco*)
11-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Home, sweet, home! See you in Van!

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Woo, the show is tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing the show with it's full production value. Saw the shows in Vegas last weekend, and they were good, but totally missing the lighting aspects of the show. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the full production and lights.

For GA nin.com pre-sale people, what time do you plan on lining up for those that want a spot at the rail? It's gonna be a cold one in Vancouver tomorrow, i'd like to minimize my time outside so I don't have to bring a winter coat to the show and sweat like a pig in the pit.

I need my full party to be there before gettign tickets though, so we can all get numbered wristbands together. My girlfriend has managed to be able to squeeze out of work early to make it downtown for the time they are set to hand out the tickets. I'm thinking arrive by 4pm as tickets are being handed out at 5pm. How many pre-sale tickets were sold anyway? Hope arriving at 4pm isn't too late. But I guess even being 2-3 rows from the rail won't be the end of the world.

ibanez33
11-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Woo, the show is tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing the show with it's full production value. Saw the shows in Vegas last weekend, and they were good, but totally missing the lighting aspects of the show. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the full production and lights.

For GA nin.com pre-sale people, what time do you plan on lining up for those that want a spot at the rail? It's gonna be a cold one in Vancouver tomorrow, i'd like to minimize my time outside so I don't have to bring a winter coat to the show and sweat like a pig in the pit.

I need my full party to be there before gettign tickets though, so we can all get numbered wristbands together. My girlfriend has managed to be able to squeeze out of work early to make it downtown for the time they are set to hand out the tickets. I'm thinking arrive by 4pm as tickets are being handed out at 5pm. How many pre-sale tickets were sold anyway? Hope arriving at 4pm isn't too late. But I guess even being 2-3 rows from the rail won't be the end of the world.

That's my plan, doors aren't open until 6:15 for our early entry though so that's still a cold 2 hours outside.

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Well, the e-mail says, "Once you pick your tickets up at 5pm you must go STRAIGHT into the venue" sooo... i'm guessing it's gonna be like how it was in Victoria in December 2008 for Lights in the sky. The ticketing booth was outside, and we lined up outside in front of it (I went around 4pm and there were only 6-8 people in front of me), once the tickets were given out, the took us inside the venue to wait in the hallway of the arena before taking us down to the floor.

So when it says, immediate entry is required upon picking up tickets, I think that's what it is hinting at. Either way, I might bring a shitty jacket I don't care about that I can ditch inside the venue if that's the case.

ibanez33
11-20-2013, 06:11 PM
That sounds way better. Do you know if there are public lockers or something there to toss a jacket in maybe?

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
I have no idea...
I know there will be a coat check, but whether secuirty will allow you to step out of line to go find it is another question.
I know NIN camp security are pretty set on everyone following "rules".

The main guy at Victoria in '08 gave some speech that if you leave the line or misbehave at anytime you're getting kicked out of the pre-sale line and joining the regular folks outside who have to wait in the cold. He said he didn't care if he had to wait in the cold, because he had a nice warm jacket on, lol.

My suggestion is layers, wear a longsleeve shirt and a hoody. Then tie the hoody around your waist when you get into the pit, or put up with being warm for a few hours.
I'm thinking if I manage to get a rail spot, and I have a coat, i'm just gonna throw the coat over the rail for extra padding on the rail. I did that in '08 with a shitty value village coat I picked up with intentions of just hucking it in the trash. I was not only able to throw it over the rail, but was able to keep the coat for after the show.

icecream
11-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Lucky NIN pre-sale people getting to wait in the building lol I'm still kicking myself over not getting my tickets sooner.

ManBurning
11-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Also, I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who is coming to the show tomorrow, who at one point used to travel alot on the [With_Teeth] tour. I believe he saw 10 shows on that tour alone... either way, he reminded me of something they did on that tour that we need to resurrect tomorrow if the NIN camp already doesn't make us do it...

SIT ON THE FLOOR AS SOON AS YOU GET IN!!

This not only makes the wait against the barrier less painful, but it freely allows you to go back to the concession stand once you established your spot so you can get Beer and or Water or merch before the show. It works really well. So everyone going on the floor, let's organize a sit down in front of the rail as soon as we get in to make it a much more pleasent concert so we're not standing there from 6:15-11:30pm

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Also, I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who is coming to the show tomorrow, who at one point used to travel alot on the [With_Teeth] tour. I believe he saw 10 shows on that tour alone... either way, he reminded me of something they did on that tour that we need to resurrect tomorrow if the NIN camp already doesn't make us do it...

SIT ON THE FLOOR AS SOON AS YOU GET IN!!

This not only makes the wait against the barrier less painful, but it freely allows you to go back to the concession stand once you established your spot so you can get Beer and or Water or merch before the show. It works really well. So everyone going on the floor, let's organize a sit down in front of the rail as soon as we get in to make it a much more pleasent concert so we're not standing there from 6:15-11:30pm

I thought that was just pretty standard concert etiquette but OK haha

RGM81
11-21-2013, 12:43 AM
I can't believe that after 14 years the time has almost come. Taking the bus from Kelowna, hang out in the big city for a couple hours, get in line, enjoy the experience, get back on the midnight bus. Hope that everybody has a great show!

ManBurning
11-21-2013, 01:30 AM
I can't believe that after 14 years the time has almost come. Taking the bus from Kelowna, hang out in the big city for a couple hours, get in line, enjoy the experience, get back on the midnight bus. Hope that everybody has a great show!

Wow, you're doing the hop on a bus for a concert and hop back on after the bus after the show special. A friend of mine and myself did that once from Winnipeg to Edmonton for TOOL in 2002. hopped on the Greyhound, arrove in Edmonton in the afternoon on the day of the show, stored out stuff in the locker at the bus depot, went to the concert, and rushed back to the depot to catch the midnight bus home, haha. That's hardcore. Obviously Winnipeg to Edmonton is much more of an insane 1 night trip than Kelowna to Vancouver, but that's still harcdcore.

Wait... Kelowna... Didn't they play there in 2008 for Lights In The sky... 14 year wait? Were you not able to attend the Kelowna show in '08?

Ryan
11-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Fingers crossed for another setlist surprise at this show.

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
I'll cry if they play We're In This Together tonight. Even though the only time they've played it in the last 10 years (ish) was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd0mG4NaXHs

Ryan
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll cry if they play We're In This Together tonight. Even though the only time they've played it in the last 10 years (ish) was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd0mG4NaXHs

Incorrect!

It was played there, and also:

Live Although "We're In This Together" is a single, it was not performed live until the Performance 2007 (http://www.ninwiki.com/Performance_2007) tour. This song is performed in a lower key, presumably due to the vocal strain required to sing it as it appears in the album.
The song debuted at Lisbon, Portugal (http://www.ninwiki.com/2007/02/11_Lisbon,_Portugal), and was played at (at least) three other shows.

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Oops, I thought OSR happened after that tour for some reason. huh.

Still, if they play that tonight I'll weep openly.

Ryan
11-21-2013, 05:22 PM
So will I... even though I'm in upside down land.

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm at the arena now, there's only like 20 people here in the presale line.

october_midnight
11-21-2013, 06:05 PM
If I can time this perfectly I'll be showing up just before EITS goes on at 7:30pm.

jessamineny
11-21-2013, 06:13 PM

If it's like past shows, almost all the people who got their wristbands earlier in the day left the venue, and they'll come back right before ticket pickup time -- so the short line now is likely very misleading.

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I didn't even know you could get wristbands early. Fuck.

october_midnight
11-21-2013, 06:19 PM

Meeting my wife downtown at 6 but I'll be leaving my condo in like 15 minutes, I'll swing by to say hi, give y'all a fist bump.

jessamineny
11-21-2013, 06:28 PM
I didn't even know you could get wristbands early. Fuck.

Usually around noon is the first round (although one morning she came out around 9 a.m.). She's generally out twice before ticket pickup time.

ibanez33
11-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Managed to get on the rail and spotted O_M out in the crowd haha

Ryan
11-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Managed to get on the rail and spotted O_M out in the crowd haha

Take a photo of your hand in front of the stage with a thumbs up gesture (naturally gesturing to me) and post it here plz.