PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Pages : [1] 2

Hazekiah
05-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Full-title reinstated:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ninja-turtles-logo-570x380.jpg

April O'Neil in her chic yellow jacket:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/megan-fox-ninja-turtles.jpg

TMNT CGI/Mo-Cap Suits, Actors, and Foot Clan

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/40188/168412295.jpg

Hell, yeah. Looks great to ME so far!

:)

henryeatscereal
05-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Wish i could get excited but i can't...

thevoid99
05-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, Michael Bay is involved so that's a big no-no for me.

ManBurning
05-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Well, don't worry Haz, i'll back you up on this one. Let the flammers flame away. I'm excited for this one as well, even if I don't agree with them casting a 4 foot tall man (Danny Woodburn) as Master Splinter, I think I can look past that.

Beside's Bay isn't even THAT involved with the film. Yes his name is attatched to it, but he's busy directing Transformers 4 right now. Jonathan Liebesman is directing, and while I don't necessarily enjoy any of the films he has done, i'll still give it a chance.

William Fichter has been cast as well as an undisclosed "iconic character in the Turtles universe", and he's a great actor, so I see no harm there.
As long as they scrap that whole "Colnol Schrader" idea from the leaked script, i'm happy.

Everyone keeps saying that Fichter will be Shredder, however, according to an article over at Screen Rant http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-images-villain-casting-2014/ it says he might actually end up being Baxter Stockman with a quote:

"Well, according to a source of ours, he’ll be playing Dr. Baxter Stockman, the evil scientist who creates “Mousers,” little robots designed to kill sewer rats. He also transforms into a large, humanoid fly-creature after an incident he had with a transporter device."

I think he would be very well suited for the Baxter role, not Shredder. I hope it's true.

I can't understand how anyone born and raised in the 80's cannot be excited about this film, it's basically the TMNT live action film we all wanted.
It seems like it is going to follow the 1989 Fred Wolf Cartoon to a T.

We have Will Arnett as Vernon Fenwick, and Abby Elliott as recently been cast as an unknown role as well, which many people are saying she will be April's friend
Irma Langinstein. So there are a lot of nods to the original cartoon here. Growing up as a kid in the 80's and 90's I think this is the live action movie we all wanted.
Especially if they incorporate Bebop and Rocksteady in this somehow (like the leaked script hinted), I will officially forgive any bad casting and directing choices for this film for a chance to see those 2 on screen in live action, that's basically what we wanted for TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze, and what did we get Tokka and Rhazar.

And besides, even if it doesn't surpass the original Turtles film from 1990 (which I admit will be hard to do, that film is flawless), it will almost 200% be better than that horrible abomination that is known as TMNT3 *shutters* what an awful, awful movie!

Anyway, June 2014 cannot come soon enough, i'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

Lutz
05-15-2013, 06:04 AM
TMNT The Movie has to be the original and one of the very few FAITHFUL comic book adaptions done right for the screen.

Can anyone think of one that precedes it?

henryeatscereal
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
TMNT The Movie has to be the original and one of the very few FAITHFUL comic book adaptions done right for the screen.

The first movie:

- Splinter's and Shreder feud
- Ralph going "solo" and his bad attitude
- Ralph teams up with Casey Jones
- The Shredder battle on the rooftop
- Shredder "dies"

...of course most of this was killed by the sequels, but the first one as a standalone movie is very faithful to the comic...

october_midnight
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh, so we're treating this thread seriously? lol.

To stay on topic, I'm sure this will appeal to the same crowd that Transformers and other big, dumb, brainless action flicks will...a director/producer/production company that is betting it all on a crowd that's dumb as hell and loves anything that has fast cars, shit blowing up, etc. etc. Sure it's fun once in a while if done right (see: any of the recent superhero movies) but yeahhhh...Michael Bay.

Hazekiah
05-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Oh, so we're treating this thread seriously? lol.

To stay on topic, I'm sure this will appeal to the same crowd that Transformers and other big, dumb, brainless action flicks will...a director/producer/production company that is betting it all on a crowd that's dumb as hell and loves anything that has fast cars, shit blowing up, etc. etc. Sure it's fun once in a while if done right (see: any of the recent superhero movies) but yeahhhh...Michael Bay.

Why would you NOT treat a movie thread in the Cinema subforum seriously?

Yeah, Michael Bay is involved so that's a big no-no for me.

Personally, I think he's a great fit for the franchise. I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he'd taken the helm as director, really. He's got a LOCK on the "awesome, dude!" teenage market and cooks up some pretty seriously badass action and makes a point of making his films extremely fun and comical. That's pretty much Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles through and through...or the '90s version, at least.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a super-serious, blood & guts, violent-as-fuck, hard-R, black-and-white, live-action TMNT film more in line with the original comics than the cartoon, but I understand the realities of the business enough to know that's not happening any time soon. In the meantime, it's pretty hard to imagine a guiding hand behind the franchise who'd be more able to innately keep this film in the spirit of the franchise.

And I know it's not a particularly popular opinion on the internet, but that was part of the brilliance in choosing him as director for the Transformers films, too. The franchise was always filled with killer action, goofy humor, borderline-inappropriate language, ultraviolence, and just a general rock-and-roll attitude and aesthetic.

Sorry, but that IS Michael fucking Bay.

Well, don't worry Haz, i'll back you up on this one. Let the flammers flame away. I'm excited for this one as well, even if I don't agree with them casting a 4 foot tall man (Danny Woodburn) as Master Splinter, I think I can look past that.

Beside's Bay isn't even THAT involved with the film. Yes his name is attatched to it, but he's busy directing Transformers 4 right now. Jonathan Liebesman is directing, and while I don't necessarily enjoy any of the films he has done, i'll still give it a chance.

William Fichter has been cast as well as an undisclosed "iconic character in the Turtles universe", and he's a great actor, so I see no harm there.
As long as they scrap that whole "Colnol Schrader" idea from the leaked script, i'm happy.

Everyone keeps saying that Fichter will be Shredder, however, according to an article over at Screen Rant http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-images-villain-casting-2014/ it says he might actually end up being Baxter Stockman with a quote:

"Well, according to a source of ours, he’ll be playing Dr. Baxter Stockman, the evil scientist who creates “Mousers,” little robots designed to kill sewer rats. He also transforms into a large, humanoid fly-creature after an incident he had with a transporter device."

I think he would be very well suited for the Baxter role, not Shredder. I hope it's true.

I can't understand how anyone born and raised in the 80's cannot be excited about this film, it's basically the TMNT live action film we all wanted.
It seems like it is going to follow the 1989 Fred Wolf Cartoon to a T.

We have Will Arnett as Vernon Fenwick, and Abby Elliott as recently been cast as an unknown role as well, which many people are saying she will be April's friend
Irma Langinstein. So there are a lot of nods to the original cartoon here. Growing up as a kid in the 80's and 90's I think this is the live action movie we all wanted.
Especially if they incorporate Bebop and Rocksteady in this somehow (like the leaked script hinted), I will officially forgive any bad casting and directing choices for this film for a chance to see those 2 on screen in live action, that's basically what we wanted for TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze, and what did we get Tokka and Rhazar.

And besides, even if it doesn't surpass the original Turtles film from 1990 (which I admit will be hard to do, that film is flawless), it will almost 200% be better than that horrible abomination that is known as TMNT3 *shutters* what an awful, awful movie!

Anyway, June 2014 cannot come soon enough, i'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

Good to see some positivity here, not to mention someone else who knows wtf they're talking about!

And, yeah, having defended Michael Bay's input already (whatever it may be), I think Jonathan Liebesman is a decent choice for director, too.

He's young enough that he probably understands the franchise well, if only by virtue of having lived through its heyday already. And I've only seen a few of his movies, but what I saw was pretty cool. Battle: Los Angeles could've been better, sure. But it wasn't bad, and it certainly demonstrated a proficiency with CGI/live-action interaction and the makings of a solid sci-fi action movie. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was another solid genre movie he helmed, and I had no real complaints there. And, lastly for me, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find he was the co-writer and director behind Rings, the short film between The Ring and The Ring 2. That was fucking excellent and probably my favorite installment of the entire franchise!

So I'm totally down with seeing his spin on the turtles.

Especially with Bay's support and guidance!

Should be pretty fucking epic and kickass.

Agreed, and hmm...good question!

Superman is the obvious answer, I guess. It was about as on-the-nose as could be expected, especially for its time.

If you're counting TV then maybe "The Incredible Hulk" comes pretty close. And definitely "Tales from the Crypt."

Damn.

I thought about that pretty fucking hard for such a short list, lol.

The first movie:

- Splinter's and Shreder feud
- Ralph going "solo" and his bad attitude
- Ralph teams up with Casey Jones
- The Shredder battle on the rooftop
- Shredder "dies"

...of course most of this was killed by the sequels, but the first one as a standalone movie is very faithful to the comic...

Absolutely correct!

But I'm fairly sure that's the same movie they were already talking about up there. EVERYONE saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) and almost NO ONE saw TMNT (2007). Which is a shame, it was pretty damned great, too. For that matter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever (2009) is perhaps the best and most loving tribute to ALL iterations of the franchise, start-to-finish.

And, looking at the people involved and the on-set pix that have leaked from this film so far, I can't help but think those near-perfect installments are about to have some long-overdue company at the top of their field!

Excitement.

:D

Lutz
05-18-2013, 06:36 AM
I got TMNT 2007 as part of my blu ray box set and I couldn't get the whole way through it.

SeeOhDeeWhy
05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

Jinsai
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Personally, I think he's a great fit for the franchise. I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he'd taken the helm as director, really. He's got a LOCK on the "awesome, dude!" teenage market

But aren't you a little too old to be part of the "awesome dude!" teenage market? Does that really appeal to you?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a super-serious, blood & guts, violent-as-fuck, hard-R, black-and-white, live-action TMNT film more in line with the original comics than the cartoon

Ok, someone needs to clear this up for me. I remember hearing when I was a kid that the original comics were actually really gritty, dark, and violent, so I checked one of them out. Maybe it was because at the time I was really into violent comics, but this stuff was PG at best. Can someone please link me to a strip or even a panel that demonstrates how violent this comic book was? It seems like people are exaggerating it by comparison to the cartoon.

But still, you're not going to get that gritty movie... you're going to get a Hollywood action movie aimed at children twelve years old and younger. I don't understand the appeal. Is it nostalgia?

Jon
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Ok, someone needs to clear this up for me. I remember hearing when I was a kid that the original comics were actually really gritty, dark, and violent, so I checked one of them out. Maybe it was because at the time I was really into violent comics, but this stuff was PG at best. Can someone please link me to a strip or even a panel that demonstrates how violent this comic book was?

From what I've read, and it isn't anywhere near the whole of the comics, the "really gritty, dark, and violent" description seems rather exaggerated. The most "adult" (mini) series I've seen would definitely be Bodycount (#1-4), originally published by Image and later re-released by Heavy Metal. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them in full in the usual places (assuming you're interested).

thefragile_jake
05-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Read the City at War miniseries, lots of blood and violence...

aggroculture
05-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Let sleeping turtles lie...

Hazekiah
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
But aren't you a little too old to be part of the "awesome dude!" teenage market? Does that really appeal to you?

Haha, are you serious?

Aren't you a little old to be a registered member with over a thousand posts at a Nine Inch Nails message board?

Aren't you a little old to spend so much time here talking about video games and a TV show with dragons?

Come on now.

Awesome is awesome is awesome. It crosses all age barriers.

From what I've read, and it isn't anywhere near the whole of the comics, the "really gritty, dark, and violent" description seems rather exaggerated.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-83hnLwGZbuU/T5w7rW5f9jI/AAAAAAAAACI/9zhFLwHuwls/s1600/20_TMNT_02.jpg

frankie teardrop
05-20-2013, 10:45 AM
not really interested in this at all, but dropping in since i just saw megan fox filming this outside my building in times square today, trademark yellow jacket in tow.

october_midnight
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
But was it a regular yellow jacket or her chic​ yellow jacket?

frankie teardrop
05-20-2013, 11:07 AM
this exactly:
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01726/SNF11BIZA--620_1726149x.jpg

there was a joke here about worker bees vs. nile rodgers, but i couldn't make it happen.

october_midnight
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm also too old to be posting about Nine Inch Nails, who is fronted by a man that is almost 50 years old.

Jinsai
05-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Aren't you a little old to spend so much time here talking about video games and a TV show with dragons?

Are you seriously comparing the maturity level of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Game of Thrones? What the fuck is wrong with you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9eKwFp729I

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byLYJw9YeNE

Yeah, that's a totally sensible comparison.

Kid Charlemagne
05-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Are you seriously comparing the maturity level of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Game of Thrones? What the fuck is wrong with you?

You're talking to the same guy that drops a shitload of money to travel and see Manson.

It would be one thing if this were the Transformers approach of being a blockbuster targeted to all audiences, but TMNT for the past 25 years have always geared towards kids and pre-teens. This looks no different. Major difference between Game of Thrones and TMNT are the audiences they reach, obviously polar opposites.

All that being said, this is probably going to suck, and when I say probably, I mean will.

Conan The Barbarian
05-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Can't we all just get along?

ManBurning
05-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Exactly, can't people who have nothing good to say about something, just stay away from the thread? If you're not a fan of it, that's great, but why do people who hate it seem to always come back into the same thread continuiously saying over and over how much of a failure something is going to be, or how much something sucks? If you don't like it, fine, say it once and move on. Or better yet, don't even bother saying it at all.

Anyway, back on topic.

Here are some more set photos of Raph an April, which appears to be using his Sais.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1117741058_z psf70390cb.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1117741058_z psf70390cb.jpg.html)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1314024246_z psbddab9b5.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1314024246_z psbddab9b5.jpg.html)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1728523676_z ps44480be5.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130520_1728523676_z ps44480be5.jpg.html)

Minpin
05-21-2013, 09:08 AM
But I'm fairly sure that's the same movie they were already talking about up there. EVERYONE saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) and almost NO ONE saw TMNT (2007). Which is a shame, it was pretty damned great, too. For that matter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever (2009) is perhaps the best and most loving tribute to ALL iterations of the franchise, start-to-finish.

And, looking at the people involved and the on-set pix that have leaked from this film so far, I can't help but think those near-perfect installments are about to have some long-overdue company at the top of their field!
i actually enjoyed the 2007 TMNT, even so didn't come close to 1990. Haven't seen the 09 forever yet, might have to check it out.
not holding out any hope for this movie though, doubt I'll go see it. From the on set pics the foot look really shit.

It would be one thing if this were the Transformers approach of being a blockbuster targeted to all audiences, but TMNT for the past 25 years have always geared towards kids and pre-teens Ahhh I agree that it's stupid to compare GoT to TMNT but have you seen teenage mutant ninja turtles? Probably more age accessible than the transformer garbage. TMNT is a childhood favourite for me, but I still love it, and not just for nostalgic reasons. Off the top of my head, when Casey is called claustrophobic and he responds "I've never even looked at another man", pretty sure that's not expected to make sense to children. God Elias Koteas was the perfect Casey hahaha.

Exactly, can't people who have nothing good to say about something, just stay away from the thread? No. It's called discussion. If you only want to hear positives maybe you should stay away from the thread. If you're that delicate that hearing anything bad about a movie you think you'll enjoy is going to upset you, perhaps you shouldn't have an Internet connection. It's not like people here are having a bitch that it's being made. I find it kind of annoying when people hear of an adaptation or remake and automatically scream rape of their beloved (as if it detracts from the thing they love), but nobody here has said that... Wrap yourself in cotton wool coz - THIS FILM IS GOING TO BE SHIT.

fillow
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Nothing can beat 1987 series. Nothing.

henryeatscereal
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Absolutely correct!

TMNT was good, i expected so much more but i think it's decent and it was nice to see the turtles after all those years, i don't get the hate, sure it's geared towards children yet it's mature in many ways and i appreciate the inclusion of Kairai (one of the best characters of the TMNT universe) my only issue was the story, too simplistic and a bit corny (but not horrible or dumb)

I have to check TMNT: Forever, loved the 2000's cartoons, i think it was a great step up for the franchise and i felt bad when it was cancelled, i already downloaded the movie, so im watching this one after work...

Kid Charlemagne
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
i actually enjoyed the 2007 TMNT, even so didn't come close to 1990. Haven't seen the 09 forever yet, might have to check it out.
not holding out any hope for this movie though, doubt I'll go see it. From the on set pics the foot look really shit.
Ahhh I agree that it's stupid to compare GoT to TMNT but have you seen teenage mutant ninja turtles? Probably more age accessible than the transformer garbage. TMNT is a childhood favourite for me, but I still love it, and not just for nostalgic reasons. Off the top of my head, when Casey is called claustrophobic and he responds "I've never even looked at another man", pretty sure that's not expected to make sense to children. God Elias Koteas was the perfect Casey hahaha.
No. It's called discussion. If you only want to hear positives maybe you should stay away from the thread. If you're that delicate that hearing anything bad about a movie you think you'll enjoy is going to upset you, perhaps you shouldn't have an Internet connection. It's not like people here are having a bitch that it's being made. I find it kind of annoying when people hear of an adaptation or remake and automatically scream rape of their beloved (as if it detracts from the thing they love), but nobody here has said that... Wrap yourself in cotton wool coz - THIS FILM IS GOING TO BE SHIT.

Agreed on the discussion part. Forums are designed for people to voice their opinions on whether they like that subject or not. Telling somebody not to read it because they differ from your opinion is not only extremely annoying and pointless, it also defeats the purpose of having a forum.

As for your point about it being more age accessible than Transformers. In what way? To me Transformers from the get go (the franchise being rebooted, not in general) was always destined to be a blockbuster franchise that skewed older than the kids who watch cartoons, where TMNT seems extremely kid friendly and outside of nostalgia purposes, will probably have a hard time catering to an older audience. I loved the Turtles when I was growing up, but I'm not thrilled about the film whatsoever.

Blackbookpress1984
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Wasn't the original story based on turtles that attacked and ate people? I'd go see a movie about that :)

Minpin
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
As for your point about it being more age accessible than Transformers. In what way? To me Transformers from the get go (the franchise being rebooted, not in general) was always destined to be a blockbuster franchise that skewed older than the kids who watch cartoons, where TMNT seems extremely kid friendly and outside of nostalgia purposes, will probably have a hard time catering to an older audience. I loved the Turtles when I was growing up, but I'm not thrilled about the film whatsoever. was only talking about the 1990 turtles, and it may just be a change of times, but to release that film nowadays it would not be aimed at children/pre teens. Not necessarily for any graphically violent scenes (though Casey 'slipping' and crushing shredder in the garbage truck at the end I don't think would fly) but more the dark aesthetic of the film. Kids smoking and shit (Sam rockwells 'menthols or regular' haha).
But yeah, you caught me speaking out of my arse a little hahaha, have only seen the first transformers and thoroughly hated it. Comparing only those two films really (I have no intention of watching any more transformers) I thought that transformers was too polished and family friendly.
In complete arrogance I'll put it out that any normal adult would enjoy the '90 turtles more than the shitty transformers, not counting nostalgia.

Kid Charlemagne
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I won't lie, I watched Secret of the Ooze a while back and I thought it was more coherent and entertaining than the first two Transformers films. If you've seen the first, there's no need to see the next two. Also, I really hate Megan Fox.

AgentofChaos
05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uaArlaBg2Q

Has anyone watched the new TV series? It seems to be pretty well received, and while I have only seen this first episode, it appears to be a step up from the 2000 series, as well as the '07 movie. I am not 100% but I believe the first season just finished, 26 episodes. It runs on Nickelodeon, but as I am in Canada I don't get the channel. Haven't seen it air here on an alternative just yet, but it's still early.

ManBurning
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
^ Yes, I have seen every episode of the new Nick serious so far and LOVE it. It's has alot of nods to the original 80's toon, while doing it's own thing and keeping things new and interesting as well. I didn't care for thr 2k3 series at all, started watching the first season and got pretty bored of it. But this one, I really enjoy it. Also, to make it more classic, the orignal voice actor of the 80's toon, who voiced Raphael (Rob Paulsen) comes back to the fold this time and voices Donatello this time, pretty classic!

Uhm... I can't speak for any TV networks carrying Nickelodeon in Eastern Canada, but I work for a cable/internet provide for AB/BC and we carry the Nick channel on our TV platform, on TELUS. I would check with the providers in your area, however, check YTV as well. I heard that YTV may be broadcasting the new series, at least they had a few TMNT Nick Toon marathon weeks I heard of.

Alot of the original characters like Leatherhead, Baxter, Rat King, Mutageon Man, General Traag and even to some extend a new spin on Krang have all been making appearances so far. They are even planning an episode in season 2 where the new Nick Turtles meet the old 80's TMNT guys (much like what they did with Turtles Forever when the 2k3 series met the 80's guys who then met their black and white comic book incarnations. That will be interesting, especailly with all the original voice actors returning to reprise their roles as the 80's turtles. Will make it interesting with Rob Paulson planning on doing voicing for new Don AND old Raph at the same time, haha.

Lutz
05-23-2013, 07:22 AM
The best incarnation of Turtles hands down was the Archie comic series.

Ninjara the fox still has to be one of the best characters.

henryeatscereal
05-23-2013, 08:40 AM
The best incarnation of Turtles hands down was the Archie comic series.

Ninjara the fox still has to be one of the best characters.
The Archie comics from the 90's were awesome, IDW is publishing them right now in reprint TPB's!

http://shop.idwpublishing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/m/tmntadvent-vol1cvr.jpg

ManBurning
06-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Mos Def casted as Baxter Stockman

http://newsgeekswant.com/mos-def-to-unleash-mousers-on-ninja-turtles/

After some questionable casting choices for the film, I can say, I think this is a great choice and a step in the right direction!
Guess that confirms we will see mousers in the film, this is awesome!
I hope he turns into a mutant fly as well.

thefragile_jake
06-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Mos Def casted as Baxter Stockman

http://newsgeekswant.com/mos-def-to-unleash-mousers-on-ninja-turtles/

After some questionable casting choices for the film, I can say, I think this is a great choice and a step in the right direction!
Guess that confirms we will see mousers in the film, this is awesome!
I hope he turns into a mutant fly as well.

I like this casting choice as well..

ManBurning
06-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Annnd, with yesterday's great casting news comes some more questionable casting choices today.

William Fichtner has confirmed he is in fact playing the role of Shredder.
"I play Shredder," he told HuffPost TV Canada (http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/21/william-fichtner-kim-coates-crossing-lines-interview_n_3478979.html?just_reloaded=1). "It is cool. It's one of those things that came along where I thought, 'Really? Let me think about this for a minute.' [Laughs] Then I was like, 'Yeah, OK, this sounds like a journey.' I'm very glad that it worked out, I'm really glad that I'm doing it."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105770

I think he's a great actor and all, but I donno if I see him as Shredder. I mean, the Shredder is meant to be Japanese, not a white American man.
This was sort of expected. They are totally "americanizing" the film anyway.

Wretchedest
06-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah Mos Def is great choice, but everything else about this movie seems fucking awful.

AgentofChaos
06-22-2013, 10:20 PM
William Fichtner is a bad ass mother fucker and an amazing actor. I will take a good actor over the "correct" race or skin colour, etc every time so I personally think it's an inspired casting choice. But then again I loved him in Armageddon as Col. Sharp... I know lots of people think that movie is a POS, but god damn when he says permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met I just melt inside.

ManBurning
07-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Images of the Turtle Van:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/van1_zps3a9a7054.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/van1_zps3a9a7054.jpg.html)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/van2_zps98507244.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/van2_zps98507244.jpg.html)

I don't think it looks half bad!

Conan The Barbarian
07-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Please let this be at the least pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wretchedest
07-25-2013, 02:53 AM
So to re-cap:

Turtles being from Earth: Not important to Michael Bay
Shredder's Japanese Nationality and Ninja past, which connects him to Splinter: Not Important to Michael Bay
The turtles as people who have a difficult time finding a place in society, and so take comfort in brotherhood: Not important to Michael bay

Obscure Vehicle only in the show to sell toys: Extremely important to Michael Bay
April's Ta-Tas: Top priority

october_midnight
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit this is gonna be awful. I mean, beyond awful. Terribawful.

At least tell me there'll be an H&M marketing tie-in. 'Get your chic April O'Neil yellow jacket today!'

thevoid99
07-25-2013, 08:47 PM
I saw a pic of the turtles and man... all I can think of are the Goombas from that godawful Super Mario Bros. movie. Anyone remember that?

thefragile_jake
07-25-2013, 09:12 PM
I saw a pic of the turtles and man... all I can think of are the Goombas from that godawful Super Mario Bros. movie. Anyone remember that?

Where'd you see this at? I can't seem to find the "leaked" photos anywhere...

thevoid99
07-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I saw it at some porn forum while browsing for pictures of hot celebrity ladies. It was weird. I saw something where a turtle was hiding under a trench coat and looked kinda tall. I was like... WTF? It just reminded me of one of those goombas.

Wretchedest
07-26-2013, 01:29 AM
That the wierdest possible way to find leaked photos from this movie.

october_midnight
07-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I believe the pictures being referred to are these? (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4411.jpg)

And yes, it looks a lot like those giant goombas from the shitty Super Mario Bros movie with the tiny little lizard heads lol.

Wretchedest
07-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I, too, want to hate the fuck out of this movie but, to be fair to it, those are from the field and have yet to have any effects applied. we all know there will be effects.

henryeatscereal
07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I believe the pictures being referred to are these? (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4411.jpg)

And yes, it looks a lot like those giant goombas from the shitty Super Mario Bros movie with the tiny little lizard heads lol.
Tha fuck!?

http://www.juegosdb.com/wp-content//2012/09/goomba-super-mario-movie.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
07-26-2013, 03:25 PM
To me, it looks like Raphael Ina trenchcoat.

But its misleading because I thought you were implying that the turtle themselves looked like goombas without the masking of the face.

Visually, this is turning out cool. But according to those who read the script, doesn't sound promising.

october_midnight
07-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Visually, this is turning out cool. But according to those who read the script, doesn't sound promising.

"The Works of Michael Bay. Chapter One......."

Halo Infinity
09-13-2013, 09:38 PM
So is this the catch-all TMNT thread? If so, I suppose you can count me in as a TMNT fan for life in a way. I only got one season of the 1987 series on DVD, but when I get the means, I'll still continue to collect them all. It's the one I like the most, but I don't think I've found anything to dislike with the newer series. Heck, I even like them too. I also liked all three movies... but still saw why the third one really stuck out like a sore thumb. I also remember having fun playing most, if not all of the TMNT games on the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and GameBoy. And yes, when with the right mood, it gives me one hell of a nostalgia overload. I also thought Donatello was a bit underrated out of all four turtles. He was my favorite turtle aside from Leonardo. I was always a sucker for the Pizza Power song too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKkExWToWkc

richardp
09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Can I just say I nearly shat myself when I was at Toys R Us the other day and noticed that they re-released the original 1988 TMNT toy line, using the exact same molds and everything?
Only downside is that since they're "vintage" they're charging like 15-20 bucks a pop for each.

Wretchedest
09-13-2013, 11:49 PM
funny you mention it, because I just bought up the toyline from the new show!

Originally I had just intended to get Raphael (because fuck all the other turtles) but the quality and posability was really nice, so couldn't help but fill out the rest of the team. Of course I love the old molds from when I was a kid, but these look pretty cool set up next to the TMNT section of my movie shelf.

Those only go for 10 bucks by the way. So if your lookin' for some turtles..

ManBurning
09-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Can I just say I nearly shat myself when I was at Toys R Us the other day and noticed that they re-released the original 1988 TMNT toy line, using the exact same molds and everything?
Only downside is that since they're "vintage" they're charging like 15-20 bucks a pop for each.

Yeah, I was down in Seattle for PAX 2 weekends ago and popped into a TRU and saw them, I was aware they re-released them before (early August) from another forum I hit up on the 'net, but Canada doesn't get stuff as fast as you guys (The USA) do, sometimes stuff released there, just doesn't show up here at all...

Anyway, when I was down there I picked up the classic Splinter and Shredder figures. I still have all 4 origianl turtles from the 80s loose with all their weapons (bought them back in ebay in 2002-2003 or so). But I just couldn't say no to the re-releases. I don't take my toys out of their packaging anymore, so i'll just keep them sealed.

While on the topic of buying toys...

funny you mention it, because I just bought up the toyline from the new show!

Originally I had just intended to get Raphael (because fuck all the other turtles) but the quality and posability was really nice, so couldn't help but fill out the rest of the team. Of course I love the old molds from when I was a kid, but these look pretty cool set up next to the TMNT section of my movie shelf.

Those only go for 10 bucks by the way. So if your lookin' for some turtles..

Funny thing you should mention that, EXACT same thing happened with me. It was probably EXACTLY 1 year ago (End of Summer 2012), right before the new show even hit, I walked into a Toys R Us and to my surprise, I saw new turtles figures (from the new Nick show), now the shelves were pretty picked over, they just had Raph, Splinter, April, and maybe a foot soldier. And I was like "Sweet, My favourite turtles is here! This is a sign, it's the ONLY turtle left, this was meant to be purchased ny me" as he is probably my fav turtle, with Leo a close second. So I picked it up.

As time went on, I found all the other turtles maybe a couple months later, and I was like hmmmm.... why the hell not! So I completed my new TMNT figure collection with the whole team. They do look BEAUTIFUL, altogether I have kept all of mine in the packs.

Of course, with buying 1 turtles always has the snowball effect... next thing I bought the other 3 brothers, then a few weeks (months?) after that I found myself buying Shredder and a Foot Soldier. I kept passing up the new Kraang as it was so common, and I figured, it's not the "original" Krang, it's just an imitation (based on from what I watched in the new cartoon). But as time went on, I grew really accustomed to the new show, and by that time, Kraang's were all sold out everywhere. So it was my destiny to find one. When down in Chicago for Lollapalooza recently, was in a target and they had 1 Kraang left, so I grabbed it!

Goddammit, 30 year old men should not be buying as many Toys as I do... I have problems.

Speaking of which, just found out about a Retro and Vintage toy convention that is taking place here in Vancouver this Sunday Sept 15th, i'm gonna hit it up and look for some old retro turtles or other toys from my childhood I wish I still had, lol... Once again, 30 year old men should not be buying toys like this. *shakes head*

Wretchedest
09-14-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm not ashamed! I fucking earned these turtle shaped hunks of plastic fair and square!

Also, fair warning, all the non-turtles in the action figure series are built horrible. That Kraan has 4 points of articulation. it's really weird.

ManBurning
09-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Meh, not like I take my figures out of the packaging anyway. I just keep them displayed in package.

However, if it's articulation you want, have you seen these ones around?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0200_zps6bb401ce.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0200_zps6bb401ce.jpg.html)

They have 34 points of articulation. They came out last fall with the nick line I believe. They are the 1988 ones modernized for 2012 with more articulation. They stand about twice as tall as the Nick figures at arond 10-12" and they are kinda expensive... between $20-25. They seem to go on sale fairly often though. I only have Leo and Raph, as I mentioned above, those are really the only two turtles I care about and at $20 a pop, it's hard to justify buying all 4.

Not sure if you know, but Bebop and Rocksteady figures from the same line are supposed to be coming out sometime this fall as well. I think they look pretty good. I'll probably end up grabbing both of them if I see them in stores.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/bebop-rocksteady_zps852d0935.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/bebop-rocksteady_zps852d0935.jpg.html)

Wretchedest
09-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Hey those Bebop and ROcksteady ones are really cool. I still like the look of the newer turtles better.

Halo Infinity
09-14-2013, 08:47 AM
@Hazekiah (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1162) @Wretchedest (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=107) @henryeatscereal (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1572) @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139) - I feel like I really should've posted this in my previous post. The Technodrome is by far from the looks of it the best TMNT fan site. Its home page and forum are to TMNT the same way The NIN Hotline and ETS are to NIN, and they have sections on all TMNT universes and merchandise. (I like finding forums that are like the ETS of *Insert Topic Here*.)

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/ - The home page.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/ - The forum.

ManBurning
09-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Kris - haha, it's so funny you mention that. That's the other forum I refrence alot for all my TMNT news!
I've been a member there since 2006, however I've always been a lurker there, rather than a poster. I think my post count is something piddily like 6-12 posts.

I mainly just check it for toy/movie/tv show and game news.

henryeatscereal
09-14-2013, 02:34 PM
@Hazekiah (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1162) @Wretchedest (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=107) @henryeatscereal (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1572) @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139) - I feel like I really should've posted this in my previous post. The Technodrome is by far from the looks of it the best TMNT fan site. Its home page and forum are to TMNT the same way The NIN Hotline and ETS are to NIN, and they have sections on all TMNT universes and merchandise. (I like finding forums that are like the ETS of *Insert Topic Here*.)

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/ - The home page.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/ - The forum.
Thanks a lot man!!!
im having a bit of a busy day, but im joining the forums at night, see you guys there!!!

Oh and i other news i bought Raphael!!! (At the end of the month I'm picking Leo, Mike, Don and Shredder!!!)

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3461/jf1c.JPG

When i opened the pack i felt like a little kid!, lol!

Wretchedest
09-14-2013, 04:52 PM
awesome. now I can stop looking for leaked photos on porn sites.

thefragile_jake
09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Playmates/TMNT_Classics_Series_3/1__scaled_600.jpg

I'm pumped for these! I loved the 1990 character designs. These are supposed to be released sometime next year.

Space Suicide
09-22-2013, 09:23 AM
The 3rd movie is on TV right now and I see this thread pop-up. Weird!

thefragile_jake
09-22-2013, 09:28 AM
The 3rd movie is on TV right now and I see this thread pop-up. Weird!

Hahaha...the third movie is so bad. The Angry Nintendo Nerd made a pretty funny movie review a couple years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_WiAhhaVr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw427XXOMAQ

henryeatscereal
09-22-2013, 04:05 PM
^Agree 100%, TMNT is crap, still it holds warm memories!

This week i bought Donatello and Shredder (Im still missing Mike and Leo, dammit)

ManBurning
09-22-2013, 04:16 PM
^Agree 100%, TMNT is crap, still it holds warm memories!

This week i bought Donatello and Shredder (Im still missing Mike and Leo, dammit)

I hope you just forgot the number 3 in the post above when you said TMNT is crap, lol. Otherwise I have a feeling you wouldn't be spending your money on the toys if you really thought TMNT (as a franchaise) was crap, haha.

Halo Infinity
09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
This is definitely a must-see if you're a fan of both the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Super Mario Bros. franchises. I thought it was far too good to pass up here. I thought that both TMNT and Mario fans could appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTKXna2ekzE

I'm also not sure if this was posted here yet, but I doubt it. This one was uploaded last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7oE2iKBMgc

ManBurning
09-22-2013, 04:45 PM
^ Saw the TMNT Troopas one a few days ago on Youtube, why I didn't think to come post it here, I don't know!

As for the stop motion one, never seen that one before, it was awesome!! Very well done.

ManBurning
09-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I used to have almost all the 80's and 90's figures growing up when I was a kid, but when I got to the age of around 12-13 I started to become "too cool" for toys (as I went entering the start of my teenage years) and I didn't want to have toys anymore, so I made the stupid mistake of selling them off at yard sales for like 25-50 cents each.

As I grew older, and into my 20's I missed all my old action figures so I decided that I would scout out local thrift stores and flea markets for old toys so I could collect the toys I once treasured as a kid back.

Anyway, here is what I have collected back over the years of my old TMNT toys. I'm not going to collect every single figure again, just some of my favourites. I probably only have a dozen or so left that I need to grab.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0215_zps5b686552.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0215_zps5b686552.jpg.html)

Space Suicide
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I still have all my old TMNT toys including April's Newstruck. I also have all my old Street Sharks (anyone remember those?) and Biker Mice From Mars toys too.

MONKEYlovesYOU
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
OH GOD DID I LOVE THOSE TOYS AND MOVIES

I was hooked on TNMT like they were crack.

I had the Blimp, the Technodrome, you name it I had it!

I can't believe when I turned into a teen I sold all of em, through em out, or smashed em with a baseball bat. What the fuck was I thinking??!

I got this guy a couple years ago as he was one of my favorites:

http://imgur.com/a/YhFvc

henryeatscereal
09-22-2013, 08:17 PM
I hope you just forgot the number 3 in the post above when you said TMNT is crap, lol. Otherwise I have a feeling you wouldn't be spending your money on the toys if you really thought TMNT (as a franchaise) was crap, haha.
Oh yeah i forgot the "3", thanks a lot! LOL

I would NEVER diss part 1 or 2 (even though 2 isn't perfect...) both of them are classics that made my childhood... I agree mostly with everything James Rolfe (AVGN) said about part 3 being lackluster mostly for NOT having Krang, Bebop, RockSteady or some other creative villain in the movie...

Halo Infinity
09-29-2013, 02:27 PM
So if I really remember correctly, was Michelangelo really the most popular TMNT? It seems like he sort of stole the show in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and Leonardo was probably the second most popular TMNT to him. And by far, Donatello still seems to be the most underrated TMNT ever.

Did some of you also hate Raphael? TheArchfiend, who is also a huge TMNT fan, makes his case on Raphael being a huge douche too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek1AEOzO4NE

Wretchedest
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
No. Raphael is the best turtle. Everyone favorite turtle... There are basically no other options.

Halo Infinity
09-29-2013, 03:03 PM
That's actually a relief to see, because I've often drowned in other TMNT fans' Michelangelo love. :p Oh, and not to say that was my actual opinion either. I just wanted to share TheArchfiend's video regarding it, along with the fact that I've been around lots of other TMNT fans that hated Raphael.

Oh, and I also don't hate Michelangelo either, but lots of TMNT fans that I have met seem to like him the most.

ManBurning
09-29-2013, 03:04 PM
It's funny because I have 2 lists of turtles from best to worst. A Cartoon/Film/Comic list and a Video game list.

The first category, I would order the turtles based on personality and other various things. Seeing the turtles live in action, interacting with each other. I would list them in this incarnation from best to worst like: Leonardo - Raphael - Donatello - Michaelangelo. I never liked Mike at all, he's an absolute goof and never understood why so many people liked him, maybe because he brought comedy to the group and that's why? I always felt like I could relate to Raph's "lone wolf" personality a little more.

However, when it comes to play video games, my order changes. It is now based on weapon. Raph is last to be picked because his weapon in the games is virtually useless. It has no range what-so-ever. My pick from best to worst when playing a TMNT video game would be: Don - Leo - Mike - Raph. Especially that first TMNT game for the NES. Raph is always the last resort when all your other turtles have been captured and he's all you have left, he is useless in that game.

Wretchedest
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Did any of you play Out of the Shadows? With some extra polish itbwould have been amazing. Lots of fan service.

ManBurning
09-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I bought Out of the shadows on XBLA last month for it's summer of arcade. I was pleasently surprised with the game overall. Alot of people/reviews gave it poor reviews, but I honestly don't see why, sure the game had it's flaws, it was kinda glitchy at times, nothing detramental to the gameplay, single player and couch co-op that is, I heard playing online 4 player multi-player was what butchered the game, but I never played online. I powered through the solo campaign in about a day to unlock all the arcade mode levels, that's all I really cared about was arcade made. Had a group of buddies come over the weekend it was released and we had an old school TMNT 4 player arcade mode pizza party. It was fun. Arcade mode is brutally hard though, made it to the second last level, couldn't beat it. Only tried a couple times though.

I enjoyed the mature look of the turtles and atmosphere overall. I would have liked more variety in the boss battles though, you can only fight Karai and Shredder so many times until you get bored. I understand it was based on the nick toon, and including enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady were out of the question, but there were plenty of other bad guys they come have made bosses from the new toon other than just Shredd, Karai and Baxter. other complaint is that the arcade mode was litterally just a 2D port of the single player campaign mode. I assumed it was going to have a more classic beat 'em up feel to it, where there was a new boss waiting at the end of every levle for you to pound the shit out of, but it literally just took the single player campaign and made it 2D, boss battles were IDENTICAL.

Speaking of video games, there is ANOTHER TMNT game coming out soon, on October 22nd for Wii, Xbox 360 and 3DS. It follows the cartoon alot more than Out of thw shadows did, so for anyone not familuar with the new show, not sure if you'll dig it or not. The graphics are rather clunky/blocky looking and the sprites are VERY cartoony.
I can put that aside if the gaemplay is fun. it's supposed to be a 4 player local brawler as well, so that's totally up my alley. It seems to be more tradtionally the TMNT game I was looking for with 15 stages and a boss battle at the end of each stage (like Turtles In Time). Obviously nothing will ever come close to being as great at Turtles in Time, but I'm always a sucker for a new TMNT game, so i'll be grabbing this one on day 1 as well for the 360. Not sure why they chose to go with the wii over the wii U, I guess they figured they want to reach out to their audience more and that the wii U plays regular wii games anyway, so was a best of both worlds for people that don't have the wii U yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4tHp9ApXEI

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-30-2013, 01:49 AM
No. Raphael is the best turtle. Everyone favorite turtle... There are basically no other options.

Mine was always Donatello.. Smart, and can wield a pretty nasty bo staff. Plus, he is smart and quick witted as hell :D

Wretchedest
09-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Out of the shadows was well designed but poorly programmed. I enjoyed the combat and graphic but the game was too broken and unrrliable to even allow me to finish. Sad story. It could be the perfect Ninja Turtles game, and they just need to patch it. Extensively.

Also ive always wondered how Rocksteady, Bebop and Krang arent carried from the cartoon shows into the movies or the newer shows. They were such a big part of the show Nd very recognizable in my childhood. Really wierd how the only villain that seems to register with the franchises numerous adapters. (Cue theyre all in the michaelbbay movie, subsequent eyerolling)

henryeatscereal
09-30-2013, 09:37 AM
When i was i kid my favorite one was Leonardo, but as i grew (and mostly because of the comic...) i became a HUGE fan of Ralph... i guess he's my favorite one... yet i still like Leonardo a lot!

...Michelangelo is my least favorite turtle :P

By the way: my girlfriend's favorite turtle is Donatello... ( I know nobody asked i just find it cool, lol)

Microwave Jellyfish
09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
You guys have a TMNT thread, yay!

/newbie moment

He is arguably the most complex character, and the mascot of the franchise of course, so his popularity is understandable, but over the years I think he suffered the Wolverine syndrome. Basically most of the Turtle-stories (at least the ones I've encountered during my childhood) and major plot points are about him, the dark, edgy rogue guy who often works outside of (or even against) his team. And sadly it tends to get boring as hell, just like in Logan's case.

But really, that's my only gripe with him, and it's a meta-reason. Personality-wise it's only Leo who I'm not a fan of. Donnie was my favorite as a kid, nowadays I'm in the Mikey crowd, but Raph is a cool guy too, I just wish they could write him into stories as a better team-player.

r_z
09-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Out of the shadows was well designed but poorly programmed. I enjoyed the combat and graphic but the game was too broken and unrrliable to even allow me to finish. Sad story. It could be the perfect Ninja Turtles game, and they just need to patch it. Extensively.

They're apparantly trying to fix those issues for the upcoming PSN version of this game. It should have been released on 09/24, but...

The Playstation Network Version has been delayed, the reason being to polish the game more before release and to likely address issues from the xbox 360 and PC versions of the game.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-30-2013, 01:38 PM
You guys have a TMNT thread, yay!

/newbie moment

He is arguably the most complex character, and the mascot of the franchise of course

??? I was always under the impression that Leo was the mascot of the franchise.

Microwave Jellyfish
09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't think so. If you come across any comic book, DVD cover or other media portraying only one of the turtles, it's usually Raph, like 90% of the time. Complete with the sais or his other distinctive features, of course - I know a red bandanna doesn't automatically mean it's him.

Wretchedest
09-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Raph has a personality that inherently centers the story around him. Because he has a tendency to question authority, he often creates sub conflicts that center around dealing with the fallout of his hot headedness. Of, course his hotheadedness also always takes then in exactly the right direction or we really would be super annoyed with him.

The rest of the plot often centers around Leo as the other face character since Leo is the authority Raphael is rebelling against. Leo is the lawful good to Raphs frustrated chaotic good. It makes for excellent intercharacter moments.

This tends to leave Mike and Don on the sidelines, which is a shame because i havent seen their characters go beyond tech wizard and goofball. They do get to be the peanutbgallery to Raph and Leos conflicts and that is always awesome.

But my second favorite turtle is actually Casey Jones!

henryeatscereal
09-30-2013, 04:43 PM
"You could use a little iron in your diet..." lol
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiAM_Xnq3A)
http://youtu.be/eTiAM_Xnq3A

henryeatscereal
10-03-2013, 01:18 PM
So, we own all the 4 turtles!

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5209/0tvl.jpg

Shredder too!!!

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6206/7mc5.jpg

neorev
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
anyone see this?

CASEY JONES: THE MOVIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWrEDkzaF4

It's actually not half bad...
I quite like the darker tone this guy did and wouldn't mind a darker, more adult Ninja Turtles movie.
Michelangelo and Krang show up!
Even has Robbie Rist, the dude who voiced Michelangelo in the movies.
If this guy had a bigger budget, we might actually be on to a decent TMNT movie.

henryeatscereal
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM
@Kris (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=244) so now we own all 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Metalhead and Fishface, i'm still missing Krang (haven't seen that one...), April, The Foot Soldier and Dogpound (i'm getting this one next weekend), i'm posting pics as soon as i can, my f'n camera isn't working...

ManBurning
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
@Kris (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=244) so now we own all 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Metalhead and Fishface, i'm still missing Krang (haven't seen this one), April, The Foot Soldier and Dogpound (i'm getting this one next weekend), i'm posting pics as soon as i can, my f'n camera isn't working...

Awesome, glad to hear someone else collects these!

I have all 4 turtles, Shredder, Kraang, Metalhead, Foot Soldier, Fishface, Leatherhead and Snakweed. My most prized find was Snakeweed. I searched high and low for him for 6 months in 2 different countrys (Canada, USA). I finally found him 2 weeks ago at a Toys R Us in Canada, haha. The thrill of searching for a toy and finally finding it after months of looking is so exciting.

One could say you can just buy it on eBay and skip the hunt. But the hunt is part of the fun for some reason. I like going to the store and flipping through the toys on the pegs, as you never know what you're gonna find!

Also, Kraang is REALLY hard to find now. He used to be very common last year when the first wave hit, but for some reason they stopped packaging him in the new shipments. I waited too long to get mine and it almost became Snakeweed status looking for him. Had to pick that one up in Chicago when I went for Lollapalooza in the summer.

henryeatscereal
11-07-2013, 01:47 PM
One could say you can just buy it on eBay and skip the hunt. But the hunt is part of the fun for some reason. I like going to the store and flipping through the toys on the pegs, as you never know what you're gonna find!

Also, Kraang is REALLY hard to find now. He used to be very common last year when the first wave hit, but for some reason they stopped packaging him in the new shipments. I waited too long to get mine and it almost became Snakeweed status looking for him. Had to pick that one up in Chicago when I went for Lollapalooza in the summer.
I know! i'm a toy collector and i'm well aware that the "hunt" is part of the process...
I've been looking all over for fucking Kraang, even the "shelf warmers" like April and The Soldier are decreasing (and usually the Turtles are sold out first...), i've never seen "Snakeweed", "Baxter Stockman" and The Rat King, next year i'm going to Dallas, hopefully i'll find them over there...

And one of my main "goals" for my collection is getting a hold of this guy:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mOzEBGYnrNI/Uc0w51bTjvI/AAAAAAAAEmQ/a_4wdfIyJkQ/s550/sdcc13-shredder.jpg
*Drools*

ManBurning
11-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah, i'd probably pick up that Shredder figure if I saw him, major improvement over the wave 1 Shredder. For the new TMNT line, the next item on my hit list is the 7 pack of mousers, judging from how long Canada had to wait for the Leatherhead / Baxter / Snakeweed wave (6 months), i'm guessing we won't see the wave with the Mousers til next spring. Thankfully i'm off to Vegas next weekend, so i'm gonna be keeping my eye out for some turtles figures I need!

EDIT: And this marked my 1000th post, yay! lol...

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Well, my trip to Vegas paid off. I managed to find all the figures from the new wave that I was looking for.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0468_zps5329db83.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0468_zps5329db83.jpg.html)

henryeatscereal
11-20-2013, 05:16 PM
^Unmasked Shredder, FTW!

Well, i haven't had much extra money so i wasn't able to buy much, i have finally Kraang, which i found in an unusual store for my and by chance, weird day...

The new Rat King is wicked, his outfit is similar to The Undertaker (the wrestler), but the face is seriously fucked up! i mean the guy could be a child molester for all we know...

neorev
11-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I was just at my local Toys R Us and I couldn't believe it...
They re-released the original Turtles figures from the 80's... the exact figures that I had as a kid.
They even had the old Turtle van.
I can't believe it! Saw the old Shredder, Splinter, Turtles... I wish I had the cash cuz I would totally buy all of them!
This is straight out of my childhood.
I knew they released figures that were suppose to mimic the original Turtles, but this was the EXACT same figures re-released.

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 05:52 PM
^ Haha, I know. I've been on a retro rampage latley trying to collect all the old figures I had when I was a kid from flea markets and toy swaps. Sometimes the prices are sky high, and they want like $40-60 for a complete figure from the 80's, but these are well worth the cost. I picked up Shredder and Splinter and kept them on the cardbacks. I already have the original 4 turtles from the 80's wave, so I didn't need to re-collect them.

The good thing is, buying the re-releases only cost like $12-13 where as a mint on card Shredder from the 80s would probably go for $70 or so at this point. Much more afforadable option!

I went to a retro toy store in Vegas last weekend, and they had a bunch of carded figures from the 80s still sealed. Muckman and Joe Eyeball, Mutagent Man, Chrome Dome... and they were asking for $79-99 a pop for them. I couldn't fuckin' beleive it! I'll stick to picking them up loose and incomplete for $5-10 at flea markets for that price.

I really wish I could get my hands on that re-released Turtle van though. When I went to the states they never had it, and the re-released figures haven't got to Canada for whatever reason. I'd pick that Van up again if I saw it.

Shadaloo
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
If you think 80 bucks is bad, try being a Transformers collector. Odds are you're paying a few hundred per figure. They can even hit a grand at times.

I've been enjoying the hell out of the new show, my gf and I just finished Season 1. I'm introducing her to the 2003 series, which she missed. :D

I too am a jealous Canadian who wishes our TRU got the old figures reissued. I need to make a trip past the border soon. The new retro figs are really nice though, can't wait for Bebop and Rocksteady in a few months.

ManBurning
01-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Here we go, first look at the turtles in the new TMNT live action movie, and the shredder here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93587

Personally, I think they look awesome! I was worried as fuck to be honest with everything I heard leading up to this. Been following all the "leaks" and "rumors" and stuff all this time leading up to the day we get a glimpse of them and my faith in this movie has been restored!

I think the Shredder looks super bad-ass!

Conan The Barbarian
01-29-2014, 08:05 AM
As a person who grew up with the show, I will not be the hipster douchebag that is plaguing the comics sites and such and say I think they and Shredder look fucking awesome.

This movie better not suck.

I am also afraid of the whole Casey Jones not really being Casey Jones rumor.

henryeatscereal
01-29-2014, 09:43 AM
The Turtles look alright, much better than i expected...

Broadbent
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Here we go, first look at the turtles in the new TMNT live action movie, and the shredder here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93587

Personally, I think they look awesome! I was worried as fuck to be honest with everything I heard leading up to this. Been following all the "leaks" and "rumors" and stuff all this time leading up to the day we get a glimpse of them and my faith in this movie has been restored!

I think the Shredder looks super bad-ass!

Already pulled by the studio. Anybody happen to download it?

october_midnight
01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
It's pretty easy to track down.

Pics. (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4720.jpg)

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4724.jpg

Fixer808
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Shredder's got a Witch King vibe about him:
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120316231661/lotr/images/c/c9/Witch_King.jpg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-29-2014, 09:06 PM
They look fucking awesome in my opinion. I like how Donnie looks more like a lab geek and they all have their own little style of what they are wearing. Now, lets hope that the movie isn't a pile of junk.

Wretchedest
01-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah, these arent bad at all so im feeling reassured, but i would really like to see it in motion and with dialogue... Thatll be the thing...

october_midnight
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
It's the mouths that kinda freak me out in an uncanny valley kinda way. Michaelangelo's mouth looks messed to me.

hellospaceboy
01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
I really like the new look!

TheyCallMeDrug
01-30-2014, 11:35 PM
the more prominent noses on mike and raph throw me off, but donatello and leo look great. maybe its just that picture.

Wretchedest
03-15-2014, 02:49 PM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/15/action-figures-revealed-for-michael-bays-ninja-turtles-film
Some pics of the new action figures which, as we know, are what this thread is REALLY about.

october_midnight
03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
So this uhh....this looks pretty terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

theburningreptile
03-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Ugh.......nope. Not happening. Do.Not.Want.

ambergris
03-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Is this a "gritty reboot" of an 80's animated series starring pizza-eating mutant turtles?

Deepvoid
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm not feeling it either.

Millionaire
03-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Damn, that looks...wrong. And the turtles look kind of like the cave troll from Lord of the Rings.

henryeatscereal
03-27-2014, 12:15 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/519aib7ft/988448_10152701647664027_1805903769_n.jpg

ManBurning
03-27-2014, 12:21 PM
I've been following the movie and reading people's thoughts about it for the last few months over at http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/ and alot of the fans have really been hating on the movie over the last couple months as small pieces of info leak here and there. The general consensus among the fans is this is shaping up to be pretty bad.

Based on everything leading up to watching this trailer that I have read, I almost didn't want to watch the trailer. I mean, I really want to like this movie, as it's part of my childhood being reborn 20-25 years later. I told myself I was going to go see it regardless, because it's Ninja Turtles, and I can't NOT go see it! That's like a new NIN album coming out and I don't bother listening to it based on everyone else hearing it saying it was crap. Sometimes, when you like something, you are loyal to it, even if it's not how you remember it.

With that said, I have been getting out of the habit of watchingtrailers latley, as they ruin the movie to no end. I skipped Godzilla and Spider-man 2 (although trying to stay away from Spider-man leaked info has been IMPOSSIBLE, because the internet is flooded with almost everything about the new movie on every website you go to. Soo... that's kinda already been ruined for me, but that's a different story)...

Going back to the turtles here, I almost didn't watch it. I had super low expectations, like Turtles 3 expectations based on everything I had read... with that said, I didn't mind the trailer. I braced myself for the worst, people were saying the turtles look like garbage etc, but I actually found the overall tone aand presentation of the trailer to exceed my expectations. Maybe that's because I had them so low anyway, it was hard to be let down at that point. But I honestly don't see what the big deal is here. Donno why everyone is bitching about the film being crap. The turtles do not look as bad as their toy counterparts, in fact they look really cool, and it's nice to see a different take on the franchaise other than the same old thing we have been used to for 30 years... Who gives a fuck if they change the story a bit, in the end... it has all the elements of a turtles that make the turtles... 4 green mutant ninja turtles that kick butt and The Shredder to fight them, what more were we expecting?

My faith in the movie has generally been restored. It'll be a fun popcorn summer flick, and nothing more. i've had my "tease" and i'm gonna leave it at that. I'm not gonna watch anymore trailers or spots that come out until the movie and go in fresh and base my final decision on the movie itself.

I just have a really bad feeling that Splinter is going to turn out to be April's father... As mentioned in the trailer "Shredder" and "April's father" worked together to come up with a mutagen to create heroes to battle the city's crimewave. I seems like The Shredder AKA as Eric Sachs at the beginning of the film (before he goes through his "Shredder" transformation) and April's father are probably scientists working together, they create the mutagen and somethign goes wrong, Shredder banishs the turtles to the sewer as they were a failed experiment, but April's father goes against "The Shredder" and he probably ends up getting mutated to the rat we know as Splinter. Splinter then takes refuge in the sewer and meets up with the turtles, he takes them under his wing and trains them to put a stop to Shredder's evil plans to create super mutants to battle crime.

I bet that's the movie in a nutshell right there. I'm all for seeing a new take on the turtles and all. I'll embrace it with open arms, but if Splinter ends up being April's father... that's just wrong on so many levels. Not sure I can fully get behind that.

Conan The Barbarian
03-27-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm still going to watch it. Regardless of the whole shredder/April back story.

Expectations reach the core of the earth for me, so I guess it can't get any worse than that for me.

thevoid99
03-27-2014, 03:53 PM
NO... I knew this was going to be crap. Anything with Michael Bay's name is sure going to suck. Fuck that jabroni!

october_midnight
03-27-2014, 04:11 PM
@JediRigney The way he's been ruining people's childhoods, they should just announce Michael Bay films with an Amber Alert.

Charmingly Miserable
03-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Uh, no. Just no.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-27-2014, 04:59 PM
?? I think it looks great. The turtles look bad ass, and the look pretty dam real in my opinion. Think of how goofy and dumb the old turtles would have looked without their bands on.. I'll wait for the actual trailer to come out before I pass anymore judgement.

dvdglss
03-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I think people sometimes forget the ORIGINAL comic was a parody to begin with as a gritty take on X-Men.

But this new movie... I'm not a fan based on the CGI and it's pretty much just the new Transformers movie.

I just showed my son the 2nd 90's movie, too. Jim Henson Creature Shop for life.

Wretchedest
03-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeeeeeaaaaaah.....

...fuck

AgentofChaos
03-27-2014, 08:33 PM
I will say this. There was a lot to like, and a lot not to like. A lot of polarizing sequences in my mind. Very confused about the plot at this point. I just really am not sure where they are going with the whole 'created heroes' angle and how Shredder plays into it. I'm cool with the Michael Bay elements of the scale, that's fine with me. The turles looked decent enough from what we saw. I could care less about the "shrek" factor or whatever. The subway scene recreation was kinda cool to see as well even though it looks a little butchered. It definitely seems like they are doing their own thing completely though, which is much riskier. Maybe it will work out, I'm not super optimistic it will be amazing. I guess I'm expecting something along the lines of an X3 or Wolverine Origins. Overall a pretty bad movie, but some redeeming moments or sequences which make the experience worthwhile enough, especially since it's been so long since we've seen anything Turtles on the big screen.

ManBurning
03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
?? I think it looks great. The turtles look bad ass, and the look pretty dam real in my opinion. Think of how goofy and dumb the old turtles would have looked without their bands on.. I'll wait for the actual trailer to come out before I pass anymore judgement.

You are 100% right about the masks. In the original 80's cartoon, and even the comics the turtles would been seen without their headbands on every now and then for some reason or another, and they looked GOD AWFUL. It's basically what you would expect a giant mutant turtle to look like, very weird looking. We're just so used to them with the eye masks on, that anything different looks strange and out of the ordinary.

Plus, i've come to another realization from watching the trailer and looking at that stupid still image of Mike with his headland off, they look much better in motion. You don't notice the terrible lips and nostrils as much when they are moving then you do when you are flat out looking at a still image of them. So, i'm OK with that as well.

mfte
03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
It feels like the hordes of internet users are holding on way too tightly to their idealized visions of cartoons from their childhood. What do they want? Chris Nolan to reboot TMNT?

screwdriver
03-28-2014, 10:11 AM
It feels like the hordes of internet users are holding on way too tightly to their idealized visions of cartoons from their childhood. What do they want? Chris Nolan to reboot TMNT?

not to mention.... I'm sorry guys, have you actually looked at turtles? they're fucking weird and demented looking. a giant turtle would pretty much look like this creepy ass thing.

october_midnight
03-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Same can be said for the flip side...some people just think it looks awful and that's that. To me, it looks awful, and with Bay behind the curtain I'm sure it will be.

neorev
03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
I actually like how the Turtles looked... if it was me, I would have gone even more freakier. It's a frigging mutated human meets turtle hybrid thingamajig. All the cartoons and comics were a straight up cute looking turtle with the only human characteristics being that they walked upright and can talk. I like how there's actually bits of human appearance mixed with that of a turtle. I was worried how they were gonna look all CGI-afied, but I am pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I mean it's still 50/50 where this can go, but this pushed it more to the positive. Thought the Michelangelo "it's only a mask" thing was pretty funny. Everyone keeps complaining about Michael Bay... but the dude didn't even direct it. I would be more worried about the choice of director than Michael Bay to be honest. Didn't like that Battle: Los Angeles movie at all. I'd be happier with Bay behind the camera than this dude... yeah, I said it. But if it was me making a Ninja Turtle movie, the turtles would have been way more freakier looking to emphasize the whole mutated abomination of a man and a turtle... but that's me. The original Turtles movie is actually pretty dark and grimy... what kills it is that musical score. I think with a more tense score, the layers of darkness with that film would come out more. I would have liked a darker, more adult Ninja Turtles movie... but that's because I'm a frigging grown up. They're always going to have to tailor things to the kids. Give me an R Turtles movie where the idea of a mutated turtle-man is disturbing and with Leonardo slicing two approaching Foot Clan members' heads off with his swords, while Raphael is sai-ing another Foot Clan member's eye out, while Donatello is kneecapping members left and right, and Michelangelo breaks the nose of another with his nunchucks... all while the Shredder is slicing and stabbing his way through a crowd of innocent bystanders with his attached wrists blades.

Give me THAT movie... ;)

thefragile_jake
03-28-2014, 12:59 PM
I was actually surprised at how much I DIDN'T hate it. Cautiously optimistic and impressed.

Fixer808
03-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Oh man, this looks appalling. It's like he just went back into his computer files and deleted any robots from the Transformers movies and CGI'd turtles into them instead. I'll be staying as far as possible from it.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-28-2014, 07:26 PM
You are 100% right about the masks. In the original 80's cartoon, and even the comics the turtles would been seen without their headbands on every now and then for some reason or another, and they looked GOD AWFUL. It's basically what you would expect a giant mutant turtle to look like, very weird looking. We're just so used to them with the eye masks on, that anything different looks strange and out of the ordinary.

Plus, i've come to another realization from watching the trailer and looking at that stupid still image of Mike with his headland off, they look much better in motion. You don't notice the terrible lips and nostrils as much when they are moving then you do when you are flat out looking at a still image of them. So, i'm OK with that as well.

Exactly. But for me, I think the movie is easy to hate on because of Michael Bay being attached to it and this is just a teaser trailer as well. I just look at it this way.. there hasn't been a new turtle movie in ages, and for me I think it is totally necessary to bring them back in some sort of way for old fans and new. I just cannot get over the fact that people are still willing to just accept the same old same old.

Fixer808
03-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Are they still meant to be aliens?! Wasn't that a stupid, Bay-esque plot point at one time?

Wretchedest
03-29-2014, 03:34 AM
They had good thing going with that cgi movie a few years back, shouls have kept it going. The current animated show is good stuff too...

Michael Bay has to be the least self aware person ever. Look at this thing...

october_midnight
03-30-2014, 12:58 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kO4Xvt----/c_fit,w_320/uke3vi8f4yaodphzvvdl.gif

Space Suicide
03-30-2014, 01:26 PM
I'll pass. I only ever cared for the 90's animated cartoon anyways.

thevoid99
03-30-2014, 04:00 PM
I'll pass. I only ever cared for the 90's animated cartoon anyways.

Same here! Plus, I liked the original trilogy of films that featured the classic "Ninja Rap" by Vanilla Ice!

ManBurning
03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Plus, I liked the original trilogy of films

Even Turtles 3? That film was a complete abomination! Even the turtle costumes changed, and Splinter became like a robotic chuck-e-cheese anamatronic mess that hid behind a counter and popped his head up.

Even with Bay behind this incarnation, I still know it's not going to be as dreadful as Turtles 3. That's how I was able to get through the trailer and come out feeling positive. I went in saying, "Ok, based on what the internet is saying, this is worse than Turtles 3 and the 'next mutation' (that god awful live action series on tv in the late 90s with the female turtle), so i'm prepairing for the worst..."

fillow
03-30-2014, 05:01 PM
^^
If you are 10 years old (that was me when I discovered the movie trilogy), Turtles III are totally okay.

Leviathant
03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm a 34-year-old guy who has the entire black and white first series. This film is being presented by Nickelodeon, a channel I watched when I was in middle and high school. I'm not sure anything I have to say on the topic is relevant.

Wretchedest
03-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah... It would he hard to be worse than the third movie, I have to admit that thing is way way bad.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-30-2014, 05:42 PM
I believe I was about 7 when the 3rd movie came out and even with a very young mind...I thought it was horrible and really disappointing so that's saying a lot.

ManBurning
03-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah, to follow up Turtles 2 with that movie, was a poor marketing cash grab that was basically the death of the franchaise in the 90s. All the kids really wanted to see was Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady on the giant screen. That's ALL WE WANTED!

I remember jumping around with a friend in the backyard before we were going to see Turtles 2, and even then we were speculating we were gonna see Bebop and Rocksteady in the film, and once again our dreams were crushed when we didn't get them. But Turtles 2 was a good followup to the first one, not better, but it was a decent sequel.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-30-2014, 09:19 PM
I agree. The first movie seems to be the only movie out of the three that still hold up for me and aged well. I'm still stoked for the new movie though!

thevoid99
03-30-2014, 10:05 PM
The third movie was OK but the first was great as I also liked the 2nd one. GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!!!!

Wretchedest
03-31-2014, 12:49 AM
To be fair, Toka and Razar were good substitutes for Bebop and Rocksteady. I loved them. Also, that first movie is still the best.

henryeatscereal
03-31-2014, 12:17 PM
^^
If you are 10 years old (that was me when I discovered the movie trilogy), Turtles III are totally okay.
I was about 10 when Turtles III came out and i thought it was crap... during the whole movie i was like: "man, were's Shredder?" "why Kraang wasn't a villain?" and "This is so boring"

Hazekiah
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YljW1kR.jpg

neorev
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
New trailer (with a glimpse of Shredder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sE4RSfw6k

Wretchedest
05-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Its not the way they look that bothers me, its everything else.

Broadbent
05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
the 'duck face' Donatello still image from the trailer preview is hilarious.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Donnie!!!! My man!!! Love the way he looks in this trailer. Cannot wait to see them kicking some ass on the screen.... the movie just looks like so much fun.

thevoid99
05-01-2014, 10:08 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

october_midnight
05-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Holyyyyyyyy shit this looks bad hahahaha

Space Suicide
05-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Holyyyyyyyy shit this looks bad hahahaha

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n498/carbonic01/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles3TurtlesInTime1993DvDrip-aXXoc1.jpg

thevoid99
05-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I think I would rather see the third film than this new piece of shit from Michael Bay. His name is in the same line as such individuals as Hitler and Osama Bin Laden.

Wretchedest
05-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I like how Newest Movie is underlined. marketing skillz​

henryeatscereal
05-01-2014, 11:48 PM
New trailer (with a glimpse of Shredder)
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_fred_wolf_baxter_turt les_afraid.jpg

Wretchedest
05-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Shredder is the worst part so far

ManBurning
05-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah, i'm still stoked for this. I don't care what anyone says. Some people really need to open to eyes to change. If you want to see a similar story to what you are more familiar with, go watch the original movie. I'm defiantly ready for a new spin on the turtles. Sure, there are a few questionable things here and there, but overall, i'm still looking forward to the film.

If they could change anything it should be all the gimmicks Donnie has on. He's overloaded with crap, he just looks silly with all that stuff thrown on him. The other 3 turtles look fine.

I don't think i'm going to watch anymore teasers or trailers from now til August. I want the rest of the movie to be a surprise. I already know i'm going to go see it, they don't have to sell me on it anymore.

Broadbent
05-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Yeah, i'm still stoked for this. I don't care what anyone says. Some people really need to open to eyes to change. If you want to see a similar story to what you are more familiar with, go watch the original movie. I'm defiantly ready for a new spin on the turtles. Sure, there are a few questionable things here and there, but overall, i'm still looking forward to the film.

If they could change anything it should be all the gimmicks Donnie has on. He's overloaded with crap, he just looks silly with all that stuff thrown on him. The other 3 turtles look fine.

I don't think i'm going to watch anymore teasers or trailers from now til August. I want the rest of the movie to be a surprise. I already know i'm going to go see it, they don't have to sell me on it anymore.

Now see the Donnie Thing makes sense to me. He was always tinkering with and inventing electronics in the cartoon. And it looks here like he's made some inventions out of discarded electronics that are more current and modern. I thought that was a good choice.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I think I would rather see the third film than this new piece of shit from Michael Bay. His name is in the same line as such individuals as Hitler and Osama Bin Laden.

Oh come on... the third film doesn't even belong on this planet.

Everything here looks exciting... the turtles still have their banter and goofiness, they all look great in my opinion. Donnie I just love because like Broadbent said... he was always an inventor, fixing things... knows how to use computers and read code. It makes sense that he would have all of that stuff on him. It's a fresh new look for the turtles... and the CGI looks fantastic. Some are also saying that shredder looks the worst... did we all forget what Super Shredder looked like compared to the new look Shredder??? Lets give this movie a chance before we start bashing it because Michael Bays name is attached to it.

The reason I watched the Transformers movies was for the CGI and the action... not the dialogue or the acting chops. That's just me though.

Wretchedest
05-13-2014, 12:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpuPixEGSk#t=614

wight rabbit
05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpupixegsk#t=614

Whooooooooooooooooooa!

Also:
http://bfolder.ru/_ph/17/2/138174189.jpg

Also also: 11:47 "I LIKE TUHTLES!"

ManBurning
05-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Boy, do these ever look hideous or what...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=22508&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

neorev
05-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Well, the one thing that I do like is that they made the Turtles distinguishable from each other. Individual... each one has their own build and look rather than the only visible difference being different color eye-wear and weapon in their hand to tell them apart. I like that. You've seen what the ooze does when mixing with different animals. Kinda silly that the Turtles would come out being a carbon copy of each other (this ain't cloning, this is the ooze mofos!). Instead the ooze would have created variations with each individual creature it encountered and changed. So with the new designs, that is a positive for me. The way they look in the new movie hasn't bothered me to be honest. Hell, if I was the director... my Turtles would have been even more hideous. These are frigging mutated creatures... be more like a terrible abomination than a cutesy cartoon looking Ninja Turtle.

Closer to something like this pic I found on the good ol' interwebs...
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/121/1219143/building-a-better-tmnt-movie-20120221005605706-000.jpg

Or this creepy bugger...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/SO7LwPL4U-I/AAAAAAAAINY/jpBKLxYau8Q/s400/2926629658_73fe62a0db.jpg

These custom made figures really grabbed me and would have been an awesome new look...

http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/49000/48660-1.jpg

https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/53000/52645-1.jpg

https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/40000/39527-1.jpg

https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/56500/56173-1.jpg

Then again, my version wouldn't have been for kids and bordering on a hard PG-13 - R rating... something that probably wouldn't be allowed to be made and scare little kiddies. But like I said, these are genetic mutations.

henryeatscereal
05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
^Yeah they look so much better than the movie ones...

I wish they had gone with the "comics design", they don't look scary, a bit mean maybe but not scary...

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_comictmnt_3.jpg

Then again, Michael Bay probably doesn't even know that the TMNT came from a comic, he's trying to do a PG-13 version of the cartoon (without the charm...)

ManBurning
05-21-2014, 01:28 PM
I like the demented creepy customs, hey look something straight out of a horror or R-rated flick. Of course a franchise like TMNT will never get a hard-R treatment, ever.
It's just how commercialized and kid friendly the 80s cartoon made the turtles, they'll never tread back into that territory, unfortunately.

Well, the one thing that I do like is that they made the Turtles distinguishable from each other. Individual... each one has their own build and look rather than the only visible difference being different color eye-wear and weapon in their hand to tell them apart.

Yeah, some individuality is always welcome. You're right, all 4 turtles who are identical to one another is a little far fetched, I mean, not for a cartoon, but for live action. I like the movie designs, I really do. But these toys just look awful! They could have made more movie realistic ones. I feel these ones do not do the movie molds justice. I mean, the movie figures from the 90s, those are were AWESOME! Spot on to the screen versions AND they were even a rubbery texture, which was really cool.

Going back to the turtles look identical, at least in the 80s cartoon they had a way to differentiate between the 4 of them with the masks, the image of the original comic book ones that Henry posted is even worse... I mean sure, they're the original designs, but I never liked the fact they all had red headbands. So if it weren't for the weapons, you couldn't tell them apart... Hell, they could all swap weapons and no one would know the difference.

The movie Shredder and Splinter figures are where I have the most grief with, they look ridiculous!
the movie shredder design looks badass. Just not sure how they had such a hard time trying to create a good looking toy replica.
The foot Soliders look better than in the movie, in my opinion. But I guess that's because they are not wearing that stupid mask and they look more like traditional foot ninjas with the ninja hood masks and only the eyes are showing. So that makes me hopeful that they won't always be wearing that silly mask in the movie. Looks like it is removable.

Halo Infinity
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM
I was about 10 when Turtles III came out and i thought it was crap... during the whole movie i was like: "man, were's Shredder?" "why Kraang wasn't a villain?" and "This is so boring"
I know that I'm rather late here, but while I got it for the sake of nostalgia and completion... it certainly left me with a very empty feeling. I was actually a lot more bummed out than annoyed or even bored. I really liked it as a kid, but in no way did it ever hold up as the other two did, for lots of obvious reasons, along with the ones you've just mentioned.

Hazekiah
05-28-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't think the new toys are bad at all.

They could definitely use some EYES, ffs. And the in-packaging poses aren't really doing them any favors.

But overall I'm digging it.

So, while we have all these ets/TMNT ubergeeks assembled here I have to ask...was anyone here into the old TMNT/Palladium/RIFTS role-playing game books back in the day?

I've been digging around trying to find my first four volumes of the TMNT oversized collected trade-paperback graphic novels and I've stumbled upon a bunch of the similarly-sized rpg books instead.

I never got into role-playing game stuff much but I spent a bunch of money on the books as a kid and loved making my own character sheets and just DEVOURED all the awesome expanded-world stuff Eastman & Laird contributed to the books. Really, the GORGEOUS full-page black-and-white anthropomorphic illustrations were worth the cover price alone! I was kinda bummed I could never really get my pals into it enough to actually USE the books for their intended purposes, but it was still BRILLIANT stuff.

So...anyone?

It's just SO awesome I might have to work up some fresh scans, but in the meantime here's some highlights I was able to dig up online just now. Any fan of the comics especially should just LOVE this shit. It really was fuckin' cool. First, the covers:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/0/0c/20130203012722!TMNT_Guide_To_The_Universe.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3807/10474206264_7338934f09_z.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/After_The_Bomb,_first_edition,_1986.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926010643/tmnt/images/f/f9/RoadHogs.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JfaDOQMTns0/Tle_wrz4MYI/AAAAAAAAATY/nUsYvgu6VPU/s1600/974145.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/3/32/20130203012741!TMNT_Truckin_Turtles.jpg

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets/Mutants-of-the-Yucatan_1st-print-1990.jpg

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets/Transdimensional-TMNT_2nd-print-April-1990.jpg

Hazekiah
05-28-2014, 01:45 AM
Now some interior black & white illustrations:

http://thegeeksmenagerie.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/tmnt-bio.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/9149/bioex.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMVcrcy0BBZ8gqV0OydtWm5hOyFiBTv O_9AfuBh4jq6eZKvaHYjg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/2940/dogsmi.jpg

http://www.darrencalvert.com/tmnt_art2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/5379/wolvie.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/300/porcy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img847/7692/terrorbears.jpg

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/6074/files/TMNT_Professor_large.jpg?754

henryeatscereal
05-28-2014, 09:06 AM
^Never heard of those, but yes: the art is excellent!

Wretchedest
06-21-2014, 01:28 PM
They one upped those action figures! These look awesome. Very pricey though?http://screenburn.kotaku.com/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-figures-revealed-1594185359/+Fahey

Space Suicide
06-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Photo of Shredder has been released.

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/ad_138242227.jpg?w=650&h=269&crop=1#038;h=332

What an awful costume designer.

TheyCallMeDrug
06-21-2014, 10:20 PM
holy shit thats bad. i didn't realize this was going to be part of the Transformers franchise

henryeatscereal
06-23-2014, 12:34 PM
They one upped those action figures! These look awesome. Very pricey though?http://screenburn.kotaku.com/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-figures-revealed-1594185359/+Fahey
Those look great!, just like the "Classic collection" ones they have good detail and articulation, they are pricey alright but i would buy as soon as i complete the "classic collection" ones (just missing Leonardo and Don)

http://www.tmnttoys.com/12figures/classics/3004.jpg

http://www.tmnttoys.com/13figures/bebop/2488.jpg

aggroculture
06-23-2014, 12:54 PM
So I haven't really paid a second thought to the Ninja Turtles (or "Hero" Turtles as they were stupidly called in the UK) for 25 years or so.
Were they always meant to be black?
I saw the trailer for the new movie, and it made me a little uncomfortable. The turtles look like black kids, except monstrous.
I looked a bit online, and there are complaints that they're voiced by white actors, and "Shredder" is now white.

Anyway the whole thing leaves me perplexed to say the least.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Whoopi Goldberg finally revealed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNT-CT25clM

thevoid99
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
NO.... this looks like crap. Anything involving Michael Bay is shit. I'd rather be raped, sodomized, and drown into a pool of semen by diseased-riddled men than watch anything directed or produced by Michael Bay.

mfte
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
NO.... this looks like crap. Anything involving Michael Bay is shit. I'd rather be raped, sodomized, and drown into a pool of semen by diseased-riddled men than watch anything directed or produced by Michael Bay.

Save the drama for your mama.

Thinking like my 10 year old self, those turtles look pretty cool.

Space Suicide
06-24-2014, 03:36 PM
I actually like the turtle designs but Shredder from the costume, the actor portrayal (no disrespect) and the overall angle is just...awful. Terrible.

LOL at Dubstep breakdown in trailer.

I still don't hold this movie in high regards.

TheyCallMeDrug
06-24-2014, 03:39 PM
dubstep turtles, ugh....

Wretchedest
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
lulz at the "aliens" comment but NOT WITH THE DUBSTEP :(

i feel like this movie doesn't understand it's own tone. Are you a goofy comedy with slapstick and clever quips or are you a grim and gritty reboot. Pick one!

henryeatscereal
06-24-2014, 04:52 PM
...that trailer was even shittier than the last one and Shredder looks like a Transformer

If my interest was supposed to "rise" it didn't happen...

thevoid99
06-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Save the drama for your mama.

Thinking like my 10 year old self, those turtles look pretty cool.

Then fuck you, fuck your 10-year old self. This is fucking shit. There's a million things I would rather do than endure a marathon from anything that has Michael Bay's name involved. Death in the most excruciating ways is one of them. I'd rather die of cancer than see anything he does.

october_midnight
06-24-2014, 11:37 PM
I can't say I blame ya...this truly looks ridiculously awful.

Wretchedest
06-25-2014, 12:50 AM
You know Ninja Turtles is important to those of us who grew up with it because of the fuck yous and the threts of suicide by cancer. And im probably going to see it anyway... -.-

AgentofChaos
06-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Anything involving Michael Bay is shit. I'd rather be raped, sodomized, and drown into a pool of semen by diseased-riddled men than watch anything directed or produced by Michael Bay.

I'd rather die of cancer than see anything he does.

Look someone in the eyes who has cancer, or has been raped, and say that you whiney piece of shit.

We get it, this movie isn't your idea of fun. Your humour (which I hope is what your posts are attempts at) isn't mine. You've said it enough times already now, your point has been made, so take your hate boner for Bay and walk out the thread door and don't look back. Trust me, you don't want to be that fuckin guy. You know the ones you always see commenting on facebook and youtube? That's you right now. So do the right thing, take stock of that, and fuck off. You're welcome.

ManBurning
06-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Look someone in the eyes who has cancer, or has been raped, and say that you whiney piece of shit.

We get it, this movie isn't your idea of fun. Your humour (which I hope is what your posts are attempts at) isn't mine. You've said it enough times already now, your point has been made, so take your hate boner for Bay and walk out the thread door and don't look back. Trust me, you don't want to be that fuckin guy. You know the ones you always see commenting on facebook and youtube? That's you right now. So do the right thing, take stock of that, and fuck off. You're welcome.

This fucking guy doesn't like anything. He's super negative all around the board.

Regarding the trailer - I'm not gonna watch it, because trailers ruin the movie experience. It's better to go into a movie blindly and form your own opinion of it from seeing everything for the first time. I saw the first teaser, and that's all i'm allowing myself to watch. Gonna go see this movie on opening day regardless anyway. So might as well keep the surprises for the movie theatre.

mfte
06-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Then fuck you, fuck your 10-year old self. This is fucking shit. There's a million things I would rather do than endure a marathon from anything that has Michael Bay's name involved. Death in the most excruciating ways is one of them. I'd rather die of cancer than see anything he does.

http://delphinescarlett.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/lisa.jpg

screwdriver
06-25-2014, 10:49 AM
I mean, that trailer looked about as entertaining as this can possibly look, considering its not really my thing?

I do like Skrillex (quite a bit) so maybe that helped

but I'm SO tired of "destiny" storylines

the fact that Bay didn't direct this means there's a 5% chance I'll watch it

kdrcraig
06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't know, this new trailer makes it seem like a strait up action movie. EXPLOSIONS!!!! Hopefully there's a bit more comedy in it than this one is showing. Either way I have no intentions of going to see this, I'll Vudu or Netflix it once it's out. Something about the way the turtles look I don't like, can't put my finger on it though.

henryeatscereal
06-25-2014, 11:11 AM
i think it was posted earlier in the thread but this would be a major improvement:

http://cf.badassdigest.com/_uploads/images/38581/kadmzsv__span.jpg

kdrcraig
06-25-2014, 11:34 AM
I hadn't seen that before, that's gotta be what was bugging me. That's a huge improvement. Their mouths/noses just look weird.

AgentofChaos
06-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah that really would have made a world of difference. I mean I'm still fine enough with the looks, it's not going to make or break the movie for me, but when you see that it's just like come on how did not make them like that?

I picked up a few Turtles books the other day

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/TMNT_30th_cvr-2nd-600x910.jpg

The stories in here were short and not the best sample of Turtles material, but it was a cool retrospective of the Turtles history. They had shorts from the 80's, 90's, 00's, basically chronologically taking you through the changes in design, story, publishers, etc. Kind of a fun recap if you wanted to start, or get back into Turtles comics.

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/turtles-in-time.jpg

The second caught my eye for obvious reasons, it's the first of a 4 issue mini. It was decent I guess, relatively simple bare bones story thus far, but man I wish the cover artist did the whole book. Wasn't a huge fan of what was inside in terms of the art. Regardless I'll get the next 3 and see how it plays out.

thevoid99
06-25-2014, 01:56 PM

I wasn't being funny. I am serious in my loathing for Bay. My grandmother died from cancer a few years ago. I would rather do all sorts than endure a marathon of his films because he is a piece of shit. He's racist. He's a misogynist. He can't keep the camera still for more than 5 seconds let alone edit a shot for more than 8. The guy shot a fucking scene from the viewpoint of a fucking bomb. That is obscene. So fuck you too.

GibbonBlack
06-26-2014, 06:32 AM
I wasn't being funny. I am serious in my loathing for Bay. My grandmother died from cancer a few years ago. I would rather do all sorts than endure a marathon of his films because he is a piece of shit. He's racist. He's a misogynist. He can't keep the camera still for more than 5 seconds let alone edit a shot for more than 8. The guy shot a fucking scene from the viewpoint of a fucking bomb. That is obscene. So fuck you too.

you might be being a tad alarmist

thefragile_jake
06-28-2014, 10:32 AM
As someone who has probably waited for a new live action Ninja Turtles movie for probably about a good 20 years (TMNT 3 came out in 1993 and it was nowhere near the movie I had hoped it would be) I honestly can't recall a movie that as a child growing up into a 26 year old adult that I had grown up anticipating more than this movie. I couldn't stand the 2007 CGI mess that was TMNT. Sure, some good story elements were there but overall the script was as just of a mess as the 1993 movie. This live action reboot was something that 7 year old me has been extremely excited about for a long time....and after it was announced that Bay was producing, the horrible "aliens" script leak, the not so great pictures of the Turtle designs and some story information coming out....I was no where near as excited as I should've been.

...but I honestly have to say that this trailer has me pumped for August 8th now. Sure, the "Batman voice" line is a little on the nose but all I've really wanted out of a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie is a really good story, them being "ninjas" again for once and an incredible battle with Shredder ala the first film. I have high hopes that we're going to get that. I've completely warmed up to the design as well. I'm sure some people will never be happy with the look though. While I would've preferred Del Toro working on this movie, I can honestly say I am in the camp that's behind the film and I look forward to checking it out to see if my anticipation and excitement pays off.

Wretchedest
06-29-2014, 12:48 PM
CGI is a just another medium. When its done right it has just as much merit as any other form.

I thought TMNT was great. Lots of fan service, cool direction... I wish they had kept up with that. And the current cgi cartoon is pretty good too.

thefragile_jake
06-29-2014, 02:38 PM
CGI is a just another medium. When its done right it has just as much merit as any other form.

I thought TMNT was great. Lots of fan service, cool direction... I wish they had kept up with that. And the current cgi cartoon is pretty good too.

Oh I'm not saying that CGI isn't a wonderful tool, look at this new movie. While some may not like it, I'm content with the effects and design for this new film. My problem was how goofy the animation looked and I didn't care for the direction and story. I do need to watch more of the CGI cartoon too. That 2003 series was awesome.

cashpiles (closed)
07-01-2014, 04:47 AM
So I haven't really paid a second thought to the Ninja Turtles (or "Hero" Turtles as they were stupidly called in the UK) for 25 years or so.
I saw the trailer for the new movie, and it made me a little uncomfortable. The turtles look like black kids, except monstrous.

I believe this was done on purpose. There are some people who aren't comfortable when they see someone of another race. There are sometimes no conscious reasons for this reaction. By subtly making the Turtles "look" like a human race, and by having them be heroes, on-screen, our minds are more receptive and open to receiving the messages that this film will probably push... that these Turtles that "look" like a human race are good and trustworthy and that you should be comfortable around them. You have gotten an intimately close look into their "lives" and seen through their eyes during the length of the film... This is programming and conditioning and lots of people need it to counter-act the negative race portrayals blasted at us in the media every single moment.

Wolfkiller
07-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I looked a bit online, and there are complaints that they're voiced by white actors, and "Shredder" is now white.

Anyway the whole thing leaves me perplexed to say the least.

http://youtu.be/bDMQjY2_hhs

thefragile_jake
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWrif3yTxc&feature=youtu.be&t=2m53s

If anyone needs a good laugh.

Halo Infinity
07-16-2014, 06:39 PM
I just thought that I'd say that after giving the 2012 show on Nickelodeon more chances, it certainly grew on me again. I think I'll actually try to follow it more this time. I sort of jumped the bandwagon on it at first, but not because I thought it was a bad show, but I just thought that it wouldn't do anything for me. It also turns out to be showing signs of staying as it's been picked up for a 4th season last month. Dare I say, I almost like it the way I liked the 1987 version, but clearly in a different way. It also seems like a nice balance of the vibes I've gotten from both the 1987 show and the 2003 show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%282012_TV_series%29

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles

http://www.nick.com/shows/ninja-turtles/

And for those of you that have been following up on it, or those of you that have at least caught a few episodes of it, what did you think of it so far?

Microwave Jellyfish
07-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Haven't seen any Nick episodes except for the the first (two, I guess, as I seem to recall it being a two-parter pilot, but I may be wrong). Does it get any better?

Halo Infinity
07-16-2014, 08:55 PM
I felt that it did, even though I can't really say that much about it now as I've only seen a few episodes.

henryeatscereal
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
The Nick show it's surprisingly entretaining and well done... hate the CGI animation but i gotta admit it fits for the cartoon, and i'm glad it's doing good!

Shadaloo
07-17-2014, 12:37 AM
It starts seriously hitting its stride towards the end of the first season, and the second and third are absolutely great. The show's takes on Casey Jones, Rat King, Baxter Stockman and Karai especially stand out to me, and they go out of their way to give Shredder some depth for once. Leo especially shines; I feel like he's got a real personality for the first time.

ManBurning
07-26-2014, 12:58 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cf45b3896e/official-video-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shell-shocked-rap

Hazekiah
08-08-2014, 01:05 AM
TEENAGE MUTANT
NINE INCH NAILS
WAS FUCKING
AWESOME (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10467018_10152278723526918_2489855425569513836_o.j pg)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10467018_10152278723526918_2489855425569513836_o.j pg

\m/ -__- \m/

Conan The Barbarian
08-08-2014, 01:14 AM
You find everything awesome. Not a bad thing, but its hard to take your opinion serious.

Hazekiah
08-08-2014, 01:20 AM
I don't find everything awesome.

I just don't troll shit idgaf about and I speak up when I'm excited.

:P

TheyCallMeDrug
08-08-2014, 01:21 AM
soooo...in other words it was a p.o.s?

thefragile_jake
08-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Well here's my review of the film...

I've been an avid supporter of the film since the second trailer was released. I was openly judgmental on my opinion on the initial leaked pictures but then after seeing them in motion a couple times, I was starting to get a little more into the concepts. Sure, I still think all the goofy accessories are a bit much like Raphael's sunglasses (which I still don't know how they fit on his head) and Michelangelo's necklace but there were moments in all the various marketing materials that had me beyond excited to finally see this in the theater. All I really wanted out of this film was the same feeling that I get when I think of TMNT in my mind. Great stories, them being actual "ninjas" and incredible fights with Shredder. I was hoping that we were going to get some of that at least, even in small doses. I've been the TMNT guy beating my chest for this movie hopefully to get a chance as the underdog against the massively successful GOTG and for the Turtles to reign supreme once again. I won an advanced screening last night and I took my younger brother of 4 years to go see it with me who grew up with me loving the TMNT just as much. We're both avid obsessed fans of the Mirage series and the first 1990 movie but we knew we were going into something that was it's own creation while drawing the tone and vibe of mainly the cartoon. Either way, we just wanted to see this damn thing.

Which leads me to my verdict about the film. Guys, it's not a very good movie.

I originally wanted to do pro and con list but I felt I might as well just give some of my thoughts after seeing the film. The plot is horribly thin and never feels confident in the story it's trying to tell. I read a review that said that this movie is often embarrassed by it's material at times and I'd almost agree with that. It's one thing to change an origin story and add/leave out certain things because you feel it benefits the new story you're trying to tell but in the case of this movie, it doesn't add anything to it. I felt that Splinter and the Turtles just learning karate because this is how they should be protected was a weak excuse to try to give the fans something to latch on to as something familiar.

You can tell that this is the kind of movie that needed a director with a creative vision. Everything feels like a giant compromise to just put something out because the studio was expecting a brand new Ninja Turtle film but all of the backlash from what they were originally WANTING to do caused them to go back and add things that they didn't fully understand why people are fans of those aspects. Aside from being let down from that, my brother and I's two favorite Ninja Turtles are Raph (me) and Mikey (him) and they were probably the worst written of the Turtles. I'll never understand the desire to continue to write Michelangelo as an idiot and obnoxious. I get it he's the goofier one, but Mikey borders on a bumbling moron half the film and it was extremely on the nose. I always gave 2007 TMNT shit for it's use of horrible fight scenes and while some moments in this new one are nice, I still feel like I'm just watching a video game cut scene with Shredder and the Turtles.

I guess if I have to give this film credit is that it's cinematography at times is very nice and the opening sequence as well as Shredder's first appearance gave me straight goosebumps but this film misses the mark on so many things. I'm willing to give the film another shot though, I'll be checking this out later tonight with some friends to pick their brains and see what they think....along with if my criticisms still stand. I just was disappointed overall by how Raphael and Michelangelo were handled, the putting Shredder in there without giving him a good motive and the thin and forgettable plot.

I didn't want to dislike this really, but it is what it is. I'll still love the TMNT of course and nothing will take them away from me (hyping for this movie has brought back my TMNT comic love again)....but I almost hope this franchise doesn't continue and we get an eventual re-imagining somewhere down the line. I guess I'm just not as excited to see more stories told in this TMNT universe.

And for the record, I still stand by the fact that the original 1990 film still holds up and is probably one of the best comic book adaptations ever produced. Those who think the franchise was entirely silly probably didn't read any of the Mirage comic books and doesn't understand the true source material. Sure, the cartoons were goofy but that was the KID's cartoon. If you don't like TMNT, that's one thing....but to just assume the franchise as a whole should be overlooked as goofy is assuming you can think the same thing for something like Guardians of the Galaxy. There just needs to be someone with a passion for the source material that can make it work like the original 1990 movie did.

Hazekiah
08-08-2014, 01:48 AM
soooo...in other words it was a p.o.s?

It's the best TMNT ANYTHING in forever and will revitalize the brand just like the Transformers movies are and have as well.

The animated intro lacked some finesse and seemed kinda clumsily tacked-on and April O'Neil's newfound childhood connection to Splinter and the turtles was a bit forced yet satisfactorily workable nonetheless. It's a fucking TMNT movie. Gimme a break, ffs.

Other than that it was pretty damned solid.

Lotsa fun, great action, some good, hearty LOLZ, and some EXCELLENT fucking visual effects to seal the deal.

If you've ever given a fuck about TMNT or think you MIGHT then this is definitely worth checking out.

Recommended.

thefragile_jake
08-08-2014, 10:29 AM
It's the best TMNT ANYTHING in forever and will revitalize the brand just like the Transformers movies are and have as well.

The animated intro lacked some finesse and seemed kinda clumsily tacked-on and April O'Neil's newfound childhood connection to Splinter and the turtles was a bit forced yet satisfactorily workable nonetheless. It's a fucking TMNT movie. Gimme a break, ffs.

Other than that it was pretty damned solid.

Lotsa fun, great action, some good, hearty LOLZ, and some EXCELLENT fucking visual effects to seal the deal.

If you've ever given a fuck about TMNT or think you MIGHT then this is definitely worth checking out.

Recommended.

I disagree in small doses here. If you like the TMNT franchise and you're curious, go see it but don't check it out the following weekend. Give this film the Man of Steel treatment and let it's second weekend being a pretty big drop. Like Man of Steel showed last year in that people have a hunger and a desire for Superman on film on it's opening weekend, but the second weekend numbers showed that people want a GOOD movie.

THIS film based on the TMNT is just not good. The franchise could be great if given the chance but it needs the Marvel treatment with a studio who puts people in charge that actually are competent to write a coherent and original story and hire a director who's not just a studio "yes" boy.

Halo Infinity
08-08-2014, 11:31 AM
TEENAGE MUTANT
NINE INCH NAILS
WAS FUCKING
AWESOME (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10467018_10152278723526918_2489855425569513836_o.j pg)\m/ -__- \m/

I just loved that such a thing has actually happened. Now I have some excuse reason other than the Random NIN Thoughts thread to say that the first 5 seconds of the Down In It video reminds me of the first 5 seconds Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon intro from 1987. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrrEo3hZABU

I don't find everything awesome.

I just don't troll shit idgaf about and I speak up when I'm excited.

And well, this is exactly what I was talking about in The Luv List. :)

ManBurning
08-09-2014, 02:47 AM
I saw the movie tonight, and I enjoyed it.
As big of a fan I am of the franchise, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were a few things altered including How they came to be, and April's connection to them dating back to when she was a child and they were just lab experiments that she freed. And how Splinter just found a random old dusty book about ninjitsu and self taught himself... Those parts really bothered me. But aside from those minor issues, I thought the CGI was good and the turtles looked great in action, and they were all given the right amount of screen time between them and the humans.

Glad that Shredder wasn't William Fichtner like he kept saying he was, and they actually had a real Asian guy play Shredder, that was great. But what happened to that scene of Raphael in a trench-coat and hat that photos were leaked online during the filming of the movie. That scene with April and him outside timesquare was totally absent from the film. I guess it got cut or edited out for whatever reason.

But all in all, i'd rate it about a 6 or 7 out of 10. I got my money's worth and it was exactly what I was expecting. I'll probably buy the film on blu ray later this year when it comes out.

neorev
08-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I enjoyed it. Thought it was a fun movie. Special effects were great.
I really don't get what people are expecting from a TMNT movie besides some fun and action, which it delivered on both.
Sure it's no Oscar award winning film, but folks are being way to harsh on it and just wanna hate on it.
The Nolan-haters, the Bay-haters... nothing is gonna make them change their minds.
My girl who is not even a Turtles fan whatsoever and I had to drag her along to the movie ended up really liking it and laughed throughout.
Transformers? Give me a break. Transformers wish it could be as entertaining as this movie.
Here's hoping for a sequel because I'll be there to see it.
The audience I was with loved it, got them laughing and even got applause at the end which I don't see happen often.

ManBurning
08-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Woo, movie has made enough on opening weekend to warrant a sequel, tentatively set for June 2, 2016.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121677

I'll be the first to say i'm excited. I'm curious to see more of this incarnation of the turtles. Despite it altering the origin of the story, there is just something about the way these 4 interact that makes me yearn to see them on another adventure.

Now we can start adding other mutants and/or maybe even Krang into the movie. The options are limitless with today's film technology. I'm optimistic to see what's in store next. 2016 is going to be a good year!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-10-2014, 03:53 PM
This movie was EVERYTHING I was expecting it to be. Hilarious, fun, lots of action sequences which looked amazing.. The banter between the turtles was all there, the personalities were spot on, and Splinter wasn't just a useless puppet.. he was so bad ass! That snow scene thooo!

It was very straight forward so for new comers it may be a bit confusing... but this is a turtles movie here. I really do not get all the hate that this movie is getting, along with the bad reviews. It deserves a lot more than a 19% rating on the tomato meter. There is a lot to build on with this reboot and I cannot wait to see more of these new look turtles. Donatello was the best for me.. not only is he my favorite turtle, but it was very cool to see him shine and show how smart and articulate he really is. The entire theatre applauded and the film entertained.

Wretchedest
08-11-2014, 12:04 AM
This movie is sad.
Clearly they handed it to people who did not care about, and possibly resented the concept and preceding materials. They turned the ninja turtles into a team of incredible hulks. Theyve sucked the personaloty out of leo and raphael, they gave the foot clan assault rifles. Everything is as bland as could possibly be in a movie about these characters.

Most of the dialogue between the turtles, strangely, takes place while they are fighting something, and so it never feels real. When they battle they do it by tossing cars and overpowering things with their size. They never feel threatened, or real at all. The actors for the human character seem as though they never rehearsed a single line. This movie was crapped out for sure
I went in with very, very low expectations and still hated this movie. I almost walked out.

ManBurning
08-11-2014, 01:51 PM
This movie is sad.
Clearly they handed it to people who did not care about, and possibly resented the concept and preceding materials. They turned the ninja turtles into a team of incredible hulks. Theyve sucked the personaloty out of leo and raphael, they gave the foot clan assault rifles. Everything is as bland as could possibly be in a movie about these characters.

Most of the dialogue between the turtles, strangely, takes place while they are fighting something, and so it never feels real. When they battle they do it by tossing cars and overpowering things with their size. They never feel threatened, or real at all. The actors for the human character seem as though they never rehearsed a single line. This movie was crapped out for sure
I went in with very, very low expectations and still hated this movie. I almost walked out.

Well, at least your $12 helped contribute to getting a sequel for us that enjoyed it.

Wretchedest
08-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Well, they announced the sequel before i saw it. There was nothing i could do. I did have high hopes for them having to reboot it again after this one.... Disappointed

thefragile_jake
08-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Well, they announced the sequel before i saw it. There was nothing i could do. I did have high hopes for them having to reboot it again after this one.... Disappointed

Same here. What a shame.

All in all, I compare this movie to getting bad food at your favorite restaurant. Picture this...you're hungry for your favorite dish at a restaurant you love so much. You think about it all week but unfortunately as the week goes by, you can never find the time to actually get there. So you wait and fantasize how awesome it will be once that moment arrives where you sit down and order. When you do finally find the time, you sit down and you're beyond excited. You tell the waiter what you want and the anticipation grows. Your food is then delivered to you, it looks a little different than it normally does and you're not sure about it at first....but you start thinking about how great it used to taste so your mouth salivates as you dig in. Shockingly...it kind of tastes like crap. You can tell that whoever made your food, just slopped it together. Disappointed, you continue to eat it but you hope that by the next time you order your favorite food....one of the cooks will take the time to make it better.

ManBurning
08-17-2014, 02:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqW5upASa-8

M1ke
08-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Just saw it tonight, loved it!

It didn't take itself seriously, it didn't bother trying to be realistic or do anything that it didn't need to do.

It was just giant turtles kicking ass.

That's all ninja turtles have ever been, and it was great to see them in action. Even if they didn't have the same story I grew up with.

thefragile_jake
08-21-2014, 12:04 AM

That's all ninja turtles have ever been.

I take it you never read the Mirage comics or watched the 2003 show then?

Wretchedest
08-21-2014, 04:00 AM
yeah i'm pretty sure they have never been giant. actually they're very short. one of my bigger problems with the movie

Hazekiah
08-21-2014, 04:26 AM

That's all ninja turtles have ever been, and it was great to see them in action.

I take it you never read the Mirage comics or watched the 2003 show then?

yeah i'm pretty sure they have never been giant. actually they're very short. one of my bigger problems with the movie

JESUS
MOTHERFUCKING
CHRIST,
SRSLY?!?

Most turtles fit in the palm of your hand.

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/miniature-ninja-turtles.jpeg

Even by Mirage standards...

THE TMNT BROTHERS
ARE MOTHERFUCKING GARGANTUAN.

http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/mirage/volume01/02/0203.gif

henryeatscereal
08-21-2014, 11:34 AM
The turtles aren't gargantuan, the early drawings show them as very little (note the size of the weapons), then after they became a sole comic they got a little bigger but they are still shorter than an average man...

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2012/05/09/First-Ninja-Turtles-art-hits-auction-block-5J1EV7M3-x-large.jpg

(note Ralph's toy card that lists him as 5' 1'' that's rather short...

http://coolandcollected.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tmnt-1988-raphael-3.jpg

thefragile_jake
08-21-2014, 11:35 AM
JESUS
MOTHERFUCKING
CHRIST,
SRSLY?!?

Most turtles fit in the palm of your hand.

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/miniature-ninja-turtles.jpeg

Even by Mirage standards...

THE TMNT BROTHERS
ARE MOTHERFUCKING GARGANTUAN.

http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/mirage/volume01/02/0203.gif

How obnoxious.

Not to get in a debate with you, but you're still not really getting where we're coming from as until this film, they've never been THAT tall. They're usually about shoulder length to us as they're portrayed in the 1990 films, cartoon and Mirage comics.

october_midnight
08-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Also, we still haven't set a limit on font size here? Let's get on that...

Hazekiah
08-21-2014, 04:22 PM
**WHOOSH*
*WHOOSH*

I'm not arguing anything regarding their height relative to normal, human standards.

As a fan of the comics since the pre-cartoon, early B&W days I am of course well aware of their fluctuating height throughout the past 30 years just as much as I'm well aware of their relatively diminutive stature within several iterations of the franchise.

I'm simply pointing out that there's nothing wrong with the statement made by @eskimo (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=218) that they are even at their shortest nonetheless still "giant turtles," a point I illustrated very clearly with two images I posted.

It wasn't a comparison of their height beside, say, April O'neil.

It's a comparison of their height relative to common, everyday, normal turtles.

Compared to which they are most assuredly "giant."

I hope that clarifies things, lol.

henryeatscereal
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
They are gigant turtles, no argument about that, yet calling them "gargantuan" it's a bit of a strech, i would call Godzilla "gargantuan" but not the Turtles...

I didn't mind the size change but hated the fact that they are "bulletproof" i mean, every bullet him them in the shells? how bad are the Foot clan shooters? they couldn't hit them in the head/arms or legs? they didn't even "hid" their heads (watch min 1:09) on the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9oFfzRua4

thefragile_jake
08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
*WHOOSH*

I'm not arguing anything regarding their height relative to normal, human standards.

As a fan of the comics since the pre-cartoon, early B&W days I am of course well aware of their fluctuating height throughout the past 30 years just as much as I'm well aware of their relatively diminutive stature within several iterations of the franchise.

I'm simply pointing out that there's nothing wrong with the statement made by @eskimo (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=218) that they are even at their shortest nonetheless still "giant turtles," a point I illustrated very clearly with two images I posted.

It wasn't a comparison of their height beside, say, April O'neil.

It's a comparison of their height relative to common, everyday, normal turtles.

Compared to which they are most assuredly "giant."

I hope that clarifies things, lol.

*WHOOSH*

Well then you misunderstood me and missed my point by a mile. The notion that they're just "asskicking turtles" and ignoring their rich history with good stories to tell is what irks me. It's like people always use that as a crutch when it comes to people pointing out obvious flaws with the film....people just say "well, it''s Ninja Turtles...it's always been silly and nonsensical" and that couldn't be anymore wrong. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy, there's an example of a film with what could be considered a silly concept to some but the great story telling and rich character development/arcs make that a successful film all around. This Ninja Turtle movie is an example of a film that's laughing AT it's source material as opposed to laughing with it.

Wretchedest
08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
That the foot clan were soldiers and not sword wielding ninjas was also a point of grief.

screwdriver
08-21-2014, 05:48 PM
wait a second, is there seriously an argument going on about the fucking height of the turtles, whether that is consistent with canon, and if that impacts the perception of the movie? holy shit

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-21-2014, 06:34 PM
This is from a different perspective from how big they are and I loved that they were portrayed as being huge and very strong. Sometimes shit changes and you either accept it or you don't. The original turtles that are short and original will always hold true to my heart from growing up with them for all those adolescent years and beyond... but it was time for a fresh/different take on them. If you really put it into perspective... they are mutant... they can kick ass... and they are ninjas... I would expect if you read the original idea on paper that they would look the way they do in the new movie. They have a lot to work on with Leo's personality and leadership... but it was almost there in the first film, so they can only add onto that in the sequel.

I loved every minute of the new film.. it was fresh, exciting, entertaining, and it looked fantastic. In my opinion, the older turtles look like a joke compared to the new look turtles. That's just me though.

screwdriver
08-21-2014, 07:57 PM
In my opinion, the older turtles look like a joke compared to the new look turtles.

I'm glad you liked the movie (haven't seen it myself and probably won't)... but weren't the turtles ... always a joke?

By contrast, the Turtles literally started out as a joke.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/how-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-went-from-comics-in-joke-to-cowabunga-blockbuster-20140814

M1ke
08-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Oh....my.....what have I done?!?!?!?

Internets, they never cease to amaze.

Hazekiah
08-21-2014, 08:38 PM
^ Hahaha.

They are gigant turtles, no argument about that, yet calling them "gargantuan" it's a bit of a strech, i would call Godzilla "gargantuan" but not the Turltes...

I didn't mind the size change but hated the fact that they are "bulletproof" i mean, every bullet him them in the shells? how bad are the Foot clan shooters? they couldn't hit them in the head/arms or legs? they didn't even "hid" their heads (watch min 1:09) on the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9oFfzRua4

I'll agree with you on that point for sure.

One of the things I was really excited about from the production photos was that, for once, the shells were actually HUGE enough to LOOK like they could actually fit the mass of the turtles inside them.

Definitely a missed opportunity I hope they amend in the sequel(s).

*WHOOSH*

Well then you misunderstood me and missed my point by a mile. The notion that they're just "asskicking turtles" and ignoring their rich history with good stories to tell is what irks me. It's like people always use that as a crutch when it comes to people pointing out obvious flaws with the film....people just say "well, it''s Ninja Turtles...it's always been silly and nonsensical" and that couldn't be anymore wrong. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy, there's an example of a film with what could be considered a silly concept to some but the great story telling and rich character development/arcs make that a successful film all around. This Ninja Turtle movie is an example of a film that's laughing AT it's source material as opposed to laughing with it.

Um.

The O.G. TMNT comics were literally a spoof of the growing popularity of the Marvel mutants and Frank Miller's grim & gritty Daredevil run, etc. I mean, the Foot is VERY CLEARLY a joke about the Hand, for instance.

Come on.

Keeping it vaguely tongue-in-cheek is kind of par for the course here.

I'm glad you liked the movie (haven't seen it myself and probably won't)... but weren't the turtles ... always a joke?

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/how-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-went-from-comics-in-joke-to-cowabunga-blockbuster-20140814

THANK YOU.

henryeatscereal
08-21-2014, 09:05 PM
...and then, the joke went out of hand:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/4/62812-10993-95808-1-adolescent-radioacti.jpg

Hazekiah
08-21-2014, 09:29 PM
^ Avid collector, I have them all. Even the 3D issue and the recent "reboot."

I'll raise you THIS, lol...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a8-SS-my6Z8/UHoVi81Z7gI/AAAAAAAAC4Y/HW3KodFrtsI/s1600/GGJG_page_01.JPG

henryeatscereal
08-21-2014, 09:40 PM
ok, that's it... i've seen everything...

Wretchedest
08-22-2014, 03:15 AM
wait a second, is there seriously an argument going on about the fucking height of the turtles, whether that is consistent with canon, and if that impacts the perception of the movie? holy shit

The difference in height is drastic enough to affect the vulnerability of the turtles and their overal depiction in action sequences. They never feel threatened, they dont REALLY have to use martial arts...

The issue is everything that comes along with these monster sized turtles that can toss aside shipping containers. Its not about canon at all. Id feel the same way if they made batman ten feet tall. Or if the Flash had to hop instead of run.

thefragile_jake
08-22-2014, 03:55 PM

Well, when people tend to be passionate about something...people like to discuss it.

The O.G. TMNT comics were literally a spoof of the growing popularity of the Marvel mutants and Frank Miller's grim & gritty Daredevil run, etc. I mean, the Foot is VERY CLEARLY a joke about the Hand, for instance.

Come on.

Keeping it vaguely tongue-in-cheek is kind of par for the course here.

What the fuck man, you're again trying to argue something like I'm not aware of it. Yes, the comics were taken as a parody or "spoof" on Frank Miller's work and Daredevil in particular...but again what seems to be going over your head constantly is the fact that THIS MOVIE doesn't treat it's material with proper care in the writing department and it's a sloppy unconfident story that the writers did not seem to take seriously. Platinum Dunes gave us a film filled with plot holes, lack of character development and muddy writing. If you can't really see those things, that's fine...those are your eyes, not mine. I guess it doesn't help that you've seen a movie over 20 times that I saw once and walked out of the theater on.

The difference in height is drastic enough to affect the vulnerability of the turtles and their overal depiction in action sequences. They never feel threatened, they dont REALLY have to use martial arts...

The issue is everything that comes along with these monster sized turtles that can toss aside shipping containers. Its not about canon at all. Id feel the same way if they made batman ten feet tall. Or if the Flash had to hop instead of run.

This.