PDA

View Full Version : 2013.11.02 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music & Art Experience

orestes
04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
http://lineup.worshipthemusic.com

bobbie solo
04-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Ordered my credentials today...heading down from NYC with a small group. So excited to head back to where I was born!

kevinbeetle
04-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Has anyone ever been to Voodoo before? I'm looking at getting the VIP tickets and wondering if what they say is true about front row seats. Also, are the elevated seats to the right of the stage or the ones that are about 100 yards or so back?

greyskies13
06-03-2013, 01:15 PM
got credentials + camping

woohoo!

JessicaSarahS
06-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Has anyone ever been to Voodoo before? I'm looking at getting the VIP tickets and wondering if what they say is true about front row seats. Also, are the elevated seats to the right of the stage or the ones that are about 100 yards or so back?

I went in 2010 and I'm pretty sure it depends on the stage. The main stage had a VIP GA section near the front of the stage and they had elevated seating to the right of that. But that's all I remember and it could have changed since then.

greyskies13
07-06-2013, 09:16 AM
i wonder if htda and nin will perform on the same of different nights.

greyskies13
07-24-2013, 04:42 PM
they released a lot more bands today, i'm a bit underwhelmed http://lineup.worshipthemusic.com/

Leviathant
07-24-2013, 05:03 PM
At least it's not suffering from "Same lineup, different festival name" disease that seems to go around every summer. Looking forward to seeing some Dr John.

greyskies13
07-25-2013, 12:19 PM
the more i look into some of the bands i don't know, the more excited i am that i will find some new bands to love

At least it's not suffering from "Same lineup, different festival name" disease that seems to go around every summer. Looking forward to seeing some Dr John.

bobbie solo
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
yeah most of what they released is pretty ho-hum, or i have no clue who they are. Psyched about the jazz groups added, and frankly i don't want too many lower level artists that I'd want to see, b/c that frees me & my friends up to do more New Orleans stuff every day before the fest.

ILoveFestivals
07-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I wonder what the setup will be for Voodoo. It is one of 2 festival dates on the Tension tour. It is really the only one because as far as I know Mountain Oasis is in a controlled indoor environment.

greyskies13
08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
They just announced The Cure will be playing.

m0reta
08-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes finally! I can see The Cure!

captainbeyond
08-14-2013, 10:48 PM
I wonder what the setup will be for Voodoo. It is one of 2 festival dates on the Tension tour. It is really the only one because as far as I know Mountain Oasis is in a controlled indoor environment.

I'm very curious about this as well.

I'm also very curious to find out which day HTDA will be playing. NIN will most likely be Saturday November 2nd.

redshoewearer
08-15-2013, 07:49 AM
They just announced The Cure will be playing.

Aw dammit - NIN, Pearl Jam,AND The Cure? I may just have to try to go.

greyskies13
08-15-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm very curious about this as well.

I'm also very curious to find out which day HTDA will be playing. NIN will most likely be Saturday November 2nd.

I can't wait for the actual set times to be released. It would be amazing if How To Destroy Angels played close to before NIN. Anyone else I see will be a bonus, they are my only two must sees.

captainbeyond
08-17-2013, 03:00 AM
I would guess they are going to be on two separate nights

bobbie solo
08-18-2013, 10:41 AM
It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.

m0reta
08-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Schedule will be posted Sept 5th per website. Since they're playing shows Wednesday/Thursday, I imagine NIN will fall on Saturday, with HTDA on Sunday, much like the Mountain Oasis break-down.

Either way, I am excite! :-)

ILoveFestivals
08-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Aw dammit - NIN, Pearl Jam,AND The Cure? I may just have to try to go.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

greyskies13
08-22-2013, 09:55 AM
What I'm really wondering now is how much of the new fall tour setup we'll get to see or if they'll drag the setup from the current festival tour back out of storage for Voodoo.

jessamineny
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Rob might answer you on Twitter.

captainbeyond
08-24-2013, 04:23 PM
What I'm really wondering now is how much of the new fall tour setup we'll get to see or if they'll drag the setup from the current festival tour back out of storage for Voodoo.

I'm very curious as well. I want to see them in Nashville the week before but if I can't afford it, I'd like to know that I'm not missing too much of the Tension setup.

Denim Chicken
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Kid Rock added to the lineup! 12 year old me is pretty excited, even though I know he's gonna play a bunch of new crap when all I want to hear are songs from devil without a cause. NIN, Pearl Jam and The Cure is a great top three. The mid card all I know is Billy Squier (awesome) and New Found Glory (sucks). Anyone recommend some stuff to try out?

greyskies13
08-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Kid Rock added to the lineup! 12 year old me is pretty excited, even though I know he's gonna play a bunch of new crap when all I want to hear are songs from devil without a cause. NIN, Pearl Jam and The Cure is a great top three. The mid card all I know is Billy Squier (awesome) and New Found Glory (sucks). Anyone recommend some stuff to try out?

These are interesting bands of all different sorts: Beats Antique, Anamanaguchi, He's My Brother She's My Sister, Dirty South, The VirginMarys, Cults, Delta Rae

kevinbeetle
09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
nin is slated for 9:45 - 11:15 on Saturday

HTDA 6:55 - 8:00 on Sunday

captainbeyond
09-05-2013, 07:40 PM
man that sucks for Trent that HDTA has to play at the same time as The Cure!

nooneimportant
09-05-2013, 07:47 PM
It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.

I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.

kargath
09-06-2013, 08:06 AM
I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.

Josh Freese drummed for them for a bit prior to Ilan... so the connection is kind of doubled.

I feel a little shafted on the set time for NIN considering how big of a spot Pearl Jam is getting Friday. I'm hoping this gets extended a bit... and I'm REALLY hoping it's not the same set from the festival leg that just ended since I caught them at Lolla and this will be the only other chance I get to see them unless they come back through or near Chicago next year.

greyskies13
09-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Whelp, HTDA has cancelled their appearance. I guess Trent and Mariqueen really didn't want to miss that Cure set.

captainbeyond
10-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Single Day tickets went on sale today. $104.

greyskies13
10-28-2013, 04:33 PM
so close, just one more day of work

halo33
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Happy Halloween y'all. Hopping on a plane in a few hours. See you on Bourbon Street!

greyskies13
10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
gonna wear my red "make art, not corpses" shirt for Saturday, say hi if you see me

m0reta
11-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Sitting in the LOA area w/ the 'crates' or whatever. Views are good to excellent to pointless. But I am definetly going to stake a rail spot all day tomorrow. At least in this side. :-)

bobbie solo
11-02-2013, 04:05 AM
pretty sure Trent was watching PJ tonight as Eddie Vedder shouted him out by name as one of the great acts here this weekend, and looked off to the side of the stage as he said it and smiled. Pretty cool.

PJ had their full stage setup tonight, so that made me slightly optimistic that NIN will do theirs tomorrow. I know PJ is nowhere near NINs in terms of lighting and screens, I'm just sayin.

Leviathant
11-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm going to try for the rail. Seemed easy yesterday but I have no idea how NIN fans are gonna be in Loa today. You can spot me by the purple-haired wife on my arm.

maryelle
11-02-2013, 12:04 PM
They were lining up in Asheville well before 4:00 - nobody in the line was there for anyone except NIN. Don't wait too long to get there!

m0reta
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Leviathant I want to meet you and @mormolyke(?)! Please for fat woman in black head kerchief and NIN hoodie if I don't see her hair first. And yes if you want rail in LOA side come over soon. 2nd in & it's filling fast. I'm on Trent/Pino side!!

m0reta
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes!! ETS greetings were passed. :-)

brokenfix
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey!, this will be my first NIN show since 2008, yeah!.

I remember posting in this forum and the nin forum (does that one still exists?) years ago, I'm from Mexico and I've seen NIN 4 time before (2005 Mexico City, 2005 San Antonio TX, 2006 Austin TX and 2008 Monterrey, Mexico), now I live here in the US, I was living in Miami and had ticket for the Florida show but had to move here to NOLA like 3 weeks ago for a new job, and couldn't go to the Sunrise, FL NIN show, no money back either because I bought the ticket thought the NIN page, bummer, but now I have a ticket for today's show!, I'm going alone because no one that I've met here this past days were interested in going (dumbs, lol), so if you see a Mexican wearing a NIN dissonance tshirt, say hi!. So excited!

Daniel

Vrolok1
11-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Hey!, this will be my first NIN show since 2008, yeah!.

I remember posting in this forum and the nin forum (does that one still exists?) years ago, I'm from Mexico and I've seen NIN 4 time before (2005 Mexico City, 2005 San Antonio TX, 2006 Austin TX and 2008 Monterrey, Mexico), now I live here in the US, I was living in Miami and had ticket for the Florida show but had to move here to NOLA like 3 weeks ago for a new job, and couldn't go to the Sunrise, FL NIN show, no money back either because I bought the ticket thought the NIN page, bummer, but now I have a ticket for today's show!, I'm going alone because no one that I've met here this past days were interested in going (dumbs, lol), so if you see a Mexican wearing a NIN dissonance tshirt, say hi!. So excited!

Daniel

im from México too, unfortunately i'm not in this show, great to know there aré mexican fans seeing NIN tour, you re gonna enjoy it!

I saw NIN in Auburn Hills and i will see them in Seattle.

saludos