PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Pages : [1] 2

ltrandazzo
11-28-2011, 06:43 PM
NICE!

REAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Love this game and how bro-fueled it is. I've been playing with a bunch of punks on Horde mode and need some new team mates. Who's down?

I still need to download the Season Pass as well. But yeah, love these games. Lots of fun.

NotoriousTIMP
11-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Tony, hit me up on XBL and I'll play with you guys.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I can't wait till the RAAM DLC. 12 days...

Conan The Barbarian
12-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I need the season pass as well. online its ok, way better than GOW2. I hate, hate, hate that goddamn sawed-off.

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I need the season pass as well. online its ok, way better than GOW2. I hate, hate, hate that goddamn sawed-off.

Sawed-Off is easy to dodge or counter now for me. Just gotta catch that small glimpse of it from an enemy or the reload sequence from them. I can roll and pop a gnasher bullet in their lousy face.

Recent news, I beat the campaign on Insane difficulty and got the new ghost protocol weapon skin. pretty neat.

october_midnight
12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I got the Season Pass, and so far it's definitely been worth it...three more DLC's too? Noice. Gamertag: octobermidnight

Currently level 64 but now that I'm kinda burned out on Skyrim for a while I'm back in....hit me up!

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I got the Season Pass, and so far it's definitely been worth it...three more DLC's too? Noice. Gamertag: octobermidnight

Currently level 64 but now that I'm kinda burned out on Skyrim for a while I'm back in....hit me up!

Added! Love to play with some ETS'ers

I'm level 60, almost 61.

october_midnight
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Awesome. Big fan of Horde and KotH. In Horde..holllly shit, I have everything maxed out other than silverback, for that I'm at level 4...but it's like half a mil to get the **** for it...loving it still though. And I'm pumped that Clocktower is back! Always dug the hell outta that map.

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Awesome. Big fan of Horde and KotH. In Horde..holllly shit, I have everything maxed out other than silverback, for that I'm at level 4...but it's like half a mil to get the **** for it...loving it still though. And I'm pumped that Clocktower is back! Always dug the hell outta that map.

All I play usually is Ranked KOTH matches. Occasionally Team Deathmatch and Beast. I like Horde 2.0 but it's very time consuming.

I like Clocktower but that's all anyone ever votes for when in lobby, I'm sick of it already.

xmd 5a
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Marathon'd the campaigns of all 3 games recently. Decent fun. Going on a chainsaw-bayonet rampage in 3's Horde mode, however, is transcendental. Screw bullets.

Clownboat
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I beat Horde on Insane the other night a few weeks ago. Rarely have I felt so accomplished in a night of gaming.

My favorite playlist has and always will be Alpha. 4v4, Lancer/Gnasher only, and Good Times(tm) all around.

novacide
12-03-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm on Rank 89. I need a life.

Space Suicide
12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm on Rank 89. I need a life.

No, the few people I seen that have the Seriously 3.0 achievement need a life.

Zipfinator
12-04-2011, 04:50 AM
No, the few people I seen that have the Seriously 3.0 achievement need a life.

How can any rascal even have that by now... All Onyx medals? They must have either hacked it or been dicks and played 16 hours a day since it's come out.

Anyway if you can get a group of 5 people together it's quite fun to troll in Team Deathmatch and only use chainsaws or retro charges.

Space Suicide
12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
How can any rascal even have that by now... All Onyx medals? They must have either hacked it or been dicks and played 16 hours a day since it's come out.

Anyway if you can get a group of 5 people together it's quite fun to troll in Team Deathmatch and only use chainsaws or retro charges.

Unsure, I'm sure it's both populations - modders and losers.

I am really decent in most matches, minus a few lame games here and there. I got messaged by a guy after we lost the match and he called me a cunt and sent another calling me a huge piece of shit since I was last in points on our team both times. We play another match and I come in second place on the team with 34 kills. Stupid asshole, He was still in first but calling people names for bad games is rude as fuck. I reported him and blocked all telecommunications from him anyways. Dipshit.

I'm always looking to play, if you're on and we're frandz then send me a lobby invite!

Clownboat
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
How is it possible to have Seriously 3.0? Don't you need to have participated in a lot more Gears 3 events than have even existed?

Space Suicide
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
How is it possible to have Seriously 3.0? Don't you need to have participated in a lot more Gears 3 events than have even existed?

Individual things in the Beta were considered events and sometimes events are glitched to where it pops up as one adding to the medal after each match, even if you've played the event before.

novacide
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Why does online Gears bring out the absolute worst type of people? Seriously, the attitude of these dickbags is just appalling. I can't wait to get my Rank 100 so I can never play this online shit again. Rank 90 now.

Space Suicide
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Why does online Gears bring out the absolute worst type of people? Seriously, the attitude of these dickbags is just appalling. I can't wait to get my Rank 100 so I can never play this online shit again. Rank 90 now.

I know what you mean. I'll play it and enjoy it. With muted mics and no mic at all. I'll tell you all a story...

It was a ranked KOTH match and it was me and 4 randoms vs a clan. Well through the course of a match my entire team quit, minus me. After the match ended I heard one foul mouth on the other team talking shit, to which (also to my mistake) replied on the mic saying well, it wasn't really a fair match anyways with my team quitting. The guy said "you should've quit too, you little bitch" to which I said "how? I'm the only guy that actually stayed the whole match and had balls to lose if i was going to." I was then barraged with tons of fuck you's and terrible insults from everyone on the other team afterwards.

I hope they enjoyed their shit talk and lame one-sided match because I reported every single one of their asses to Microsoft for trash talking and insults.

I was also in a match with a guy on my team in KOTH, oddly we were in two matches back to back on the same team. After each match he sent nasty messages to me because I was last on the team and not doing well. Lo and behold, the third match we were on a team again...I came in second place on the team, after him, yet I still had more kills. Stupid cocksuck.

Zipfinator
12-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm in a party playing with friends 99% of the time while playing gears so I haven't had to deal with anyone like that. When I happen to not be in a party though pretty much everyone has been silent. I guess I've been lucky with that. I remember back in the Gears 1 days before there were XBox Live parties though...

october_midnight
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
THAT brings back good memories...I was never annoying, but I will freely admit that no one could talk trash in Gears 1 MP like me.

Zipfinator
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
THAT brings back good memories...I was never annoying, but I will freely admit that no one could talk trash in Gears 1 MP like me.

I'll admit I was quite a trash talker in those days too... I was 14 or 15 though so that's my excuse for it!

Conan The Barbarian
12-06-2011, 12:24 AM
This is why I never play with a Michael unless I'm in a party. Fuck the general online gaming community.

Space Suicide
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Soooo....what's everyone use for their primary loadouts and characters in Multiplayer?

I go A little like this recently:

Ghost Protocol Skin Lancer
Green Liquid Metal Skin Gnasher

COG: Griffin / Commando Dom

-

Team Metal Skin Retro Lancer
Imulsion Skin (or Deadly Cute skin) Gnasher

Locust: Savage Theron / Kantus/ Savage Kantus

Space Suicide
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I can't wait to play these!

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 07:26 AM
DLC Blunder #2.

First the Horde Command was hours late due to 'Technical Difficulties' and now me as a season pass holder, can't even download RAAM's Shadow easily as there's a glitch that says I have to pay 1200 MSP to get it. I swear, this is annoying. I wanted to play some before class this morning but I guess that won't happen as I am about to walk out of the door. I find it lame that I bought the season pass and people that didn't are playing this before I do. I know they will fix it but buying the pass (minus the price of everything in totality) and not getting it without waiting or a problem kinda defeats the purpose of it in the first place?

/rant.

october_midnight
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
It's being looked in to according to all the usual people on Twitter, another Microsoft thing, EPIC are the ones that forced them to put the text 'DO NOT buy it here' in the grey section on the right while the blunder is being corrected. I sincerely hope they're doing this on purpose to teach people to be patient. They said it'd be released on Dec. 13th so as long as it drops before midnight everyone's arguments are invalid. It's the very reason why theaters had to start having midnight shows and albums online are available RIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. People's patience nowadays is at absolute zero. Even if it's tonight at 9pm, we'll all have it tomorrow...this game has enough content to satisfy everyone for another 24 hours.

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
It's being looked in to according to all the usual people on Twitter, another Microsoft thing, EPIC are the ones that forced them to put the text 'DO NOT buy it here' in the grey section on the right while the blunder is being corrected. I sincerely hope they're doing this on purpose to teach people to be patient. They said it'd be released on Dec. 13th so as long as it drops before midnight everyone's arguments are invalid. It's the very reason why theaters had to start having midnight shows and albums online are available RIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. People's patience nowadays is at absolute zero. Even if it's tonight at 9pm, we'll all have it tomorrow...this game has enough content to satisfy everyone for another 24 hours.

I'm not one of those hop heads that lose their temper and throw a fit but I did still find it extremely annoying at such a dumb mistake. Either way, it's downloading now. Big file. 2 gigs ugh.

october_midnight
12-13-2011, 01:26 PM
My friend is off work today and saying that even though its 2gB it's probably still just slow because the servers are being pounded, me and him both have 15mB connections and he said it's hella slow.

ltrandazzo
12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not one of those hop heads that lose their temper and throw a fit but I did still find it extremely annoying at such a dumb mistake. Either way, it's downloading now. Big file. 2 gigs ugh.

A lot of stuff went live for Xbox today, including the YouTube app. Everything has been available now for a few hours. Keep calm, broski.

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
A lot of stuff went live for Xbox today, including the YouTube app. Everything has been available now for a few hours. Keep calm, broski.

I got it anyways, it took about 40 minutes to download. I'm in Chapter 4 out of 5. It's fun and adds a whole new perspective into the series. The portions where you play as RAAM and the Locust Squad he has is fun and different. The Foreshadowing achievement (In a Public match, as RAAM, execute a player who is Mihn 10 times) will be a bitch to get. I don't even wanna play as RAAM in multiplayer, I wanna be my beloved Savage Kantus.

Space Suicide
12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I beat RAAM'S Shadow in standard campaign and have gotten the Finger of Doom, Ghosts from the Past and Foreshadowing achievements in addition. I ended up getting lucky and getting the latter in 3 matches - 2 executions in quick match, 6 in ranked and another 2 in ranked. Glad that's over. Phew.

The new exclusive weapon skins - mint and candy cane, are cool. Love to see the mint stay even after Gearsmas is over.

Space Suicide
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM
3rd DLC - Fenix Rising Announced - January 17, 2012
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Price: Included in the Season Pass or 800 MSP on the Xbox Live Marketplace ($10)

MAPS

Escalation - Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.

Academy - The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.

Slab- Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.

Anvil - The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.

Depths - The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.

Character Skins
COG
Recruit Clayton - Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.

Thrashball Cole - Special Limited Edition - The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.

Locust
Savage Kantus- Special Limted Edition - The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.

Savage Marauder Drone - Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.

-

New Systems

Re-Upping - Essentially a "prestige" System. Players can "re-enlist" and being their rank from 1 again after reaching level 100. All unlocks and Custom Items remain. Additionally Re-Upping can grant you access to new Weapon Skins! - You can Re-Up through the Four Tiers of Colors. Bronze>Red>Green>Gold.

Every Re-Up earns players a new weapon skin obtainable only after Re-upping.

Re-Up Plasma - Animated Plasma in GOLD!
Re-Up Omen - Shiny Red Omen!
Re-Up Electric - Animated Golden Electric Shocks!

- The Rank Number will change color depending on the Rank you are currently on.
- Your Rank and XP is reset back to the beginning. Unlocked items and custom items are not reset

Achievements
250 points in Achievements. More details to be announced.

Space Suicide
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I like and dislike this DLC. I am a season pass holder and for this I'm pretty sure they'll release the maps free like they did with Horde Command. So what do I get? let's see repackaged dlc characters (I have Savage Kantus) and 2 skins (Cole and Carmine) I won't use. The prestige system is nice but necessarily needed. I don't care for this DLC much to be honest. I get it for free anyways, even though i forked up $30.00 for season pass. Not the best Epic.

P.S. Whiners get the pre-order characters so now I'll see 3 out of 5 on my team being the Savage Kantus. There goes my exclusivity. Ugh. I felt special knowing I didn't have another of my kind on the team. Now the new Savage Kantus and Cole have different color schemes, whoop-dee-doo.

october_midnight
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
New DLC sounds sick! I love the prestige thing now too, so good. The playlist right now called 'BOOOOOOOOM SNIPES' is the greatest fuckin' thing ever. It will never, ever, EVER get dull killing with the Boomshot. Level 76...going to prestige the second I hit 100.

scotty79
12-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I just completed the second one, got stuck at the end of act 4 on the first gears and ended up giving up and started the second game, tried the online there but couldn't really get into it, gonna get the 3rd one soon, a lot of games shops doing the legends edition for £30 so think I'll try get that one the get stuck into it

Space Suicide
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I'll do the Re-up thing when it comes time. I just recently hit Level 81.

scotty79
12-22-2011, 05:58 AM
whats the best online mode to play?

Space Suicide
12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
whats the best online mode to play?

King of the Hill. Infinite respawning and experience pts for capturing/breaking ring.

Space Suicide
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Bullet sponging, lagging, messed up mantle kicks and glitching.

Dedicated servers my ass.

novacide
12-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Rank 100. Thank fuck.

And fuck that ending.

Space Suicide
12-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Rank 100. Thank fuck.

And fuck that ending.

I'm 3/4ths of the way in experience to Level 95. Then when Jan 17th hits it's time to do it all over again.

novacide
01-01-2012, 05:11 AM
I'm 3/4ths of the way in experience to Level 95. Then when Jan 17th hits it's time to do it all over again.

Those maps sound sweet as.

I started RAAM's Shadow the other night, pretty impressive.

twilight explosion
01-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Playing as RAAM is probably one of the best things I've ever done in a video game.

novacide
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, I'm having glitch issues with RAAM's Shadow. If you guys haven't played it all, don't read further because spoilers herein.

After busting out of the gym at the school, me and my team end up outside. The berserker comes berserking through the other exit and it's supposed to be on.
However, we exit and my team just stands near the door. The berserker is nowhere to be seen and the car park is empty. I'm lead to believe there should be cars and shit everywhere.
I restarted the game, turned off the console, etc, but the emptiness of the car park still remains.

Is there anyway to delete the content and redownload? Should I give replaying the entire chapter again?
Help!

october_midnight
01-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I haven't even heard of that happening, it's always there when I got to that part in the story...

I am also a few bars away from 100. Can't wait to hit it and then take some time off, kinda burnt out.

xmd 5a
01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
The RAAM's Shadow campaign was pretty great and made the Season Pass actually feel partially worthwhile. Really hoping there's more single player DLC in the works, because multi just doesn't do it for me for prolonged periods of time (Horde Mode aside: addictive stuff).

novacide
01-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Is there any way to delete the DLC and redownload it?
I'll try restarting the chapter first though.

Space Suicide
01-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Ok, I'm having glitch issues with RAAM's Shadow. If you guys haven't played it all, don't read further because spoilers herein.

After busting out of the gym at the school, me and my team end up outside. The berserker comes berserking through the other exit and it's supposed to be on.
However, we exit and my team just stands near the door. The berserker is nowhere to be seen and the car park is empty. I'm lead to believe there should be cars and shit everywhere.
I restarted the game, turned off the console, etc, but the emptiness of the car park still remains.

Is there anyway to delete the content and redownload? Should I give replaying the entire chapter again?
Help!

Same thing happened to me on my first playthrough. You have to replay the chapter, sadly. Only solution known.

novacide
01-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Just replayed it and got through it. Thanks :)

october_midnight
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Level 100. FINALLY.

NotoriousTIMP
01-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Sounds like I should finally download the DLC

Tapatapa?

Space Suicide
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Just replayed it and got through it. Thanks :)

Of course.

Level 100. FINALLY.

I'm Level 99. Halfway to 100 about.

novacide
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Finished RAAM'S Shadow. I had so much fun completing that.

Replaying through on Arcade mode now.

Space Suicide
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm Level 100. Golden Omen Unlocked and on my Gnasher.

Did a trade with someone and I now have Adam Fenix and Infected Omen skins.

Infected Omen Hammerburst and Gold Omen Gnasher. Fuck yeah, bisch.

novacide
01-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Sawn-off. No skill required.

scotty79
01-06-2012, 05:51 AM
I've been playin horde a lot lately, gave king of the hill a try but got my ass severely kicked so I think I'll just stick to horde for the moment

october_midnight
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Don't get me started on the Sawed Off. I wrote a page long rant on the official forums that started a huge debate as to how the designers themselves, especially Rod F. actually said in interviews that it was a gun for new players to be able to 'keep up with more seasoned players'. That and the gnasher are not only OP both in power, but in range. An active gnasher downs you in 1-2 shots from a range far greater than it should be. It's a natural result though of gaming. Whatever weapon will give you the easiest kills is the one that people will always gravitate towards. I've been in, I'd say, three matches EVER where it was hammy/lancer fests...but 99% of the time it's Shotguns of War. There's a reason my K/D is actually pretty good and why I use the Retro Lancer 99% of the time.

Of course shotgun users will be the first to whine that everyone who uses Lancers are the terrible players, but it's a game that HEAVILY favors shotgun runners. If it was maps of open fields, I'm the first to admit it'd be a different story...but it's mazes of walls and corners to hide behind. The game itself is a game based on a system of cover. Shotgun runners are shitty teammates, waiting around corners for that cheap, shitty kill (especially Sawed Off users) instead of helping their team. I can't tell you how many Sawed Off users I've laughed at that ran headfirst in to my bullets JUST to try to get close enough to me...from chasing me for 20 seconds straight ('could've lancered me loooong ago, pal') to staring at me from 50 ft. away...me not moving but just watching them to see if they'll realize a shotgun won't do much at that distance ('could've just lancered me loooong ago, pal'). Basically, it turns you in to just another predictable shotgun clown that I can beat 9 times outta 10. It also makes you shit in terms of helping your team. With the Sawed Off, sure you might get a kill, but you'll probably die too since you ran in to a crowd of gunfire. So what good for your team were you? 1 for 1...no advantage for your team.

Again though, I get it...whatever takes the least amount of skill to actually do ('what, I have to actually AIM with a Lancer?...pfft) will be what people do the most. Nothing new.

In other news here are the new achievements for Fenix Rising. (http://epicgames.com/community/2012/01/seven-new-achievements-to-earn-in-fenix-rising-dlc/)

novacide
01-06-2012, 07:29 PM
My absolute favourite is after a player shoots their sawed off shotgun, they usually do their run away shit while reloading and so many times while they've done this they've run straight into me with a loaded weapon, they still reloading of course because the sawed off takes so fucking long to reload. Nothing pleases me more than to shoot them in the face with my gnasher.

xmd 5a
01-07-2012, 06:40 AM
I love chainsawing the odd failed shotgun-ninja. I pretty much use Lancers exclusively, but then again I'm not going to pretend I'm even half-competent at MP.

Space Suicide
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Playing a Ranked Execution Match on Blood Drive with my stacked team/eventual clan members was almost certain defeat (3-1). But somehow, someway we pushed and ended up winning the match. So satisfying, a real feeling of accomplishment when you do such feats in this game. So tactical and methodical in playing. I love it and this game.

I ended up going 4 kills, 8 downs, 3 revives and 5 deaths.

Virtua Afro DJ
01-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I haven't had too much time to play it, but when I get back to the States it's show time.

Space Suicide
01-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I haven't had too much time to play it, but when I get back to the States it's show time.

Niiiiiice.

I finally hooked up my friend's TV to my system. Love it. he moved last October so I've been in possession of his TV. I just not finally hooked it up - now I can play Gears 3 by using his glorious 55" HD 3D Plasma Screen TV. It's beautiful *sniff* coming from me playing on my old standard 30" television.

Space Suicide
01-16-2012, 10:49 PM
I posted all that information, sans TU3, on the last page but thanks for the awesome reminder.

novacide
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
I have my Wings. How do I re-up? Does it just do it automatically after the first game I play or what?

Space Suicide
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I have my Wings. How do I re-up? Does it just do it automatically after the first game I play or what?

Go to Stats and Awards and click x. Bing. Done.

novacide
01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks, my dude.

october_midnight
01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Liking the changes to Escalation and the new map Depths (only because it blatantly borrows heavily from the best video game ever created, BioShock). New characters are meh, the first prestige weapon skin is meh (a lot of the skins are meh and I find that there should be more character changes, like colors on the helmets or something rather than just weapon skins)...digging it a lot but still...the new stuff is alright at best.

Space Suicide
01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm Level 19 already in my second go through.

As me being an owner of Savage Kantus. I find it unfair and a waste that he was released as DLC in this. In actuality we're getting two more skins - Recruit Carmine (Clayton with sleeves re-skin) and Savage Marauder (which was Savage Creeper before?). The rest is just recolored skins - lame and lazy. I think it's dumb they are releasing Cole Train, since you had to earn him in the Beta.

novacide
01-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I never played the beta, so that worked out well for me.

I'm on Rank 6. Haven't had a chance to play any of the new maps though.
Also starting to get sick of some of the maps, Bullet Marsh, I'm looking at you.

NotoriousTIMP
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Finally cracked open my copy of the game again and im starting to go after the other achievements that I missed the first time around. If anyone wants to play, hit me up - NotoriousTIMP

Space Suicide
01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Finally cracked open my copy of the game again and im starting to go after the other achievements that I missed the first time around. If anyone wants to play, hit me up - NotoriousTIMP

Play what? Campaign? if so I'm up to helping as I need a few collectibles I never got.

novacide
01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm having issues connecting to ANY online games lately. Apparently this is a problem a lot are experiencing since installing Fenix Rising. Lame, I guess, but what can you do?

NotoriousTIMP
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Play what? Campaign? if so I'm up to helping as I need a few collectibles I never got.

I've been playing the new DLC like Ramm's Shadow and that shit is fun. Hit me up the next time you see me online, even if I'm watching Netflix, and I'll jump on to Gears so we can kill stuff

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

october_midnight
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm always down for invites as well, my gamertag is my handle here without the underscore, all one word lower case. Just hit level 50 on the first prestige...thought it wasn't too shabby until I played with someone who was level 24 on their second prestige lol. I've gotta get my playing in, as my wedding gets closer I'm going to be playing less and less. :/

Space Suicide
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm always down for invites as well, my gamertag is my handle here without the underscore, all one word lower case. Just hit level 50 on the first prestige...thought it wasn't too shabby until I played with someone who was level 24 on their second prestige lol. I've gotta get my playing in, as my wedding gets closer I'm going to be playing less and less. :/

A guy in my clan of friends who I play with actually boosted all the way up to the red rank. He did that and was red on last Friday I believe...insane.

darktemplar007
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I am so addicted to Horde mode. I just wish random's wouldn't quit out after wave 10 half the time.

NotoriousTIMP
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
HAHAHAHA, my co-worker Cody and his friend made this. They record conversations when playing gears of war and this one is priceless

(NSFW)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQfMiyzD_0#ws

novacide
02-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Holy shit, that was amazing.

Space Suicide
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
That was amusing, on the subject of capture cards its good news as my clan finally has 2 members that have capture cards. We'll start posting matches online soon, I might post some here for testing waters. We always accept a tryout session, anyone wanting to perhaps join could and should message me. I'll be back in this thread with a video to share sometime.

I am at Level 61 in Green. This takes forever to rank up.

novacide
02-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm on Level 44 in Green. I've started noticing a lot of people in red.

Space Suicide
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm on Level 44 in Green. I've started noticing a lot of people in red.

I've seen people in the Blue ranks. Mad boosting going on or hacking, either or.

novacide
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Mad boosting. These kids have no lives.

october_midnight
02-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Been at green 61 for days and days, pretty burned out...might stay away until the next DLC. This weekend's Gears Weekend is Valentine's themed, with dark pink weapons and giant candy heart heads. No really. (http://www.whosay.com/CliffBleszinski/photos/128307)

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Been at green 61 for days and days, pretty burned out...might stay away until the next DLC. This weekend's Gears Weekend is Valentine's themed, with dark pink weapons and giant candy heart heads. No really. (http://www.whosay.com/CliffBleszinski/photos/128307)

Actually I love the Cupid Weapon Skins to death! I wish they were permanent. They look hot on a shotty with my Deadly Cute Lancer. I bought the Ocean Animated Weapon Skin today since I got some free points from Live Rewards.

I for one hate the Cupid's Wingman event and Wingman is a horrid gametype in general. I have to play it for an event ribbon though so eh. It's not unlocking anyways for playing a match this weekend.

I'm Level 62 now, slow leveling.

october_midnight
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I got it too haha, I told my friend 'I don't dig the re-enlist skin, I wish they had a watery-BioShocky blue green one.' no joke. Might jump on tonight since the better half is out of town for a bit, but will probably stick on Gotham City Impostors more...it's mad fun.

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I got it too haha, I told my friend 'I don't dig the re-enlist skin, I wish they had a watery-BioShocky blue green one.' no joke. Might jump on tonight since the better half is out of town for a bit, but will probably stick on Gotham City Impostors more...it's mad fun.

Your better half should play the Cupid's Wingman with you, that's what it's intended for. ;)

I have quite a few bought skins:

Team Distressed
Imulsion
Infected Omen (Came with my Adam Fenix code)
Deadly Cute
Blood
Green Liquid Metal (Jack in the Box exclusive)
Jungle Camo (Horde Command DLC)
Team Plasma (Horde Command DLC)
Chocolate (RAAM's Shadow DLC)
Liquid Metal (Season Pass DLC)

novacide
02-14-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm on Rank 54 in Green. I miss my social life.

october_midnight
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
DLC 4 news coming tomorrow, link includes very short video of some new stuff. (http://sfx-360.com/newsite/gears-war-3-4th-dlc-news-incoming/)

Looks like Raven Down is back, though I never liked the map at all. Maybe I'll jump back in when the DLC drops, but currently still too stuck on GCI.

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
DLC 4 news coming tomorrow, link includes very short video of some new stuff. (http://sfx-360.com/newsite/gears-war-3-4th-dlc-news-incoming/)

Looks like Raven Down is back, though I never liked the map at all. Maybe I'll jump back in when the DLC drops, but currently still too stuck on GCI.

Hm, not bad. I wonder how badly that map will end up playing out. Either way, good news!

twilight explosion
02-18-2012, 10:22 PM
But. But. I want old bones god damnit. It was fucking awesome. Fuck YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

edit: it's hard to get my rage on when I can't post in all caps :(

novacide
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Excited for the return of Jacinto!

Space Suicide
03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Title Update 4 today!

Flaming Retro Skin is back!

Space Suicide
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Forces of Nature DLC tomorrow!

Stoked!

october_midnight
05-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Wow. Looks like Microsoft has announced that there indeed will be another Gears of War. Apparently to be announced at E3.

First official screenshot:

http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_29559_thumb_wide940.jpg

Space Suicide
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
I seen that, I promptly needed new clothes.

october_midnight
06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Gears of War: Judgment (http://kotaku.com/5915054/baird-and-cole-trane-will-be-back-in-gears-of-war-judgement?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow)

october_midnight
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
New Judgment details. (http://t.co/O7asGMQQ)

Annnnd, new trailer screengrabs. (http://www.oxm.co.uk/42240/gears-of-war-judgement-trailer-leaks-captures-show-baird-locust-destruction/)

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Gears of War: Judgment - OverRun mode announced. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/06/04/hands-on-with-gears-of-war-judgment-39-s-overrun-mode.aspx)

Also, an extended gameplay trailer is here (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58873/gears-of-war-judgment-e3-extended-trailer/).

It looks like...well, like another Gears game.

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Beef of the Sea
06-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Iron man? What's that have to do with Gears?

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 08:30 PM
LOL fuck wrong link. Try this: BOOOM. Again... (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58951/gears-of-war-judgment-e3-multiplayer-video/)

owinn
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Couldn't be any more unexcited.

october_midnight
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
New OverRun mode video explaining classes during battle. (http://www.oxm.co.uk/42401/gears-of-war-judgements-multiplayer-does-what-gears-3-couldnt/)

darktemplar007
06-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I really hope this is awesome, because it just looks like another Gears game with little going for it at this point.

Rabbit
06-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Am i the only one that feels the color palate Epic decided to go with after Gears 1 was a poor choice? They made an otherwise gritty, badd ass, bloody game into a colorful, almost anime looking one. Gears 3 was a vast improvement over Gears 2 but still no where close to the greatness of Gears 1.

Anyone share these sentiments?

october_midnight
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Actually I believe that in multiple interviews before Gears 3 dropped, Cliff and Rod mentioned on numerous occasions that most people complained about how drab the first two games were, and how they tried to bring more color in to the game. I feel that while it has more color now, it's far from 'anime looking'.

As for the new Gears, I've gotta say darktemplar is on the right path. It looks ok, but I'm not pumped on it at all.

Rabbit
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
the only people i saw complaining about how Gears 1 looked were casual players and critics. Never follow the casual or critics into making a game... you'll end up with something watered down and stupid.

Epic failed me with Gears. I thought Gears 1 was the fucking shit, now it's just another game.

october_midnight
06-09-2012, 11:32 AM
New game details:

Gears of War: Judgement is an upcoming entry in the Gears of War (http://www.giantbomb.com/gears-of-war/62-565/) series being developed by Epic Games (http://www.giantbomb.com/epic-games/65-149/) and People Can Fly (http://www.giantbomb.com/people-can-fly/65-730/). The game will serve as the first chapter in a planned prequel trilogy set 14 years before the events of the first Gears of War (http://www.giantbomb.com/gears-of-war/61-12231/), and will focus on the characters Damon Baird (http://www.giantbomb.com/damon-baird/94-694/) and Augustus Cole (http://www.giantbomb.com/augustus-cole/94-687/) along with two new-to-the-series squadmates, all of whom form Kilo Squad.

The game will be told via flashbacks as Baird is on trial, with narration from his testimony framing the action. After finishing things the traditional way, players will be able to go back and play games in "Declassified" mode, which tweaks things even further by having Baird "remember" things differently.

Judgment is designed to be a faster-paced, more intense experience than the previous games in the series, leading to some control changes. Grenades are now treated as an off-hand weapon and thrown using the left bumper, and weapon switching is done with a button press. Enemy spawns are handled by a new system known as the "Simple Spawn System," or S3. Sounding similar to the AI Director found in the Left 4 Dead series, the S3 watches a player's performance (using metrics including accuracy) and delivers enemies accordingly. The end goal is to make Gears of War Judgment a significantly more difficult experience than its predecessors, though traditional difficulty settings are also available to govern the overall nastiness of the S3.

Multiplayer will consist of at least one new mode, called OverRun. This is a class-based mode that feels like a twist on Gears 3's Beast mode. The attacking Locust players attempt to reach a generator that's being protected by human forces. Meanwhile, the humans are also broken up into classes, including soldier, medic, engineer, and so on. The different classes have different rechargeable abilities, such as spawning ammo crates, healing, creating turrets, and throwing grenades. This is a Stopwatch-style mode, so players play on both sides of the action and the team with the better attack time wins the match.

Space Suicide
06-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't want info. I want a tentative release date.

NotoriousTIMP
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
my co-worker is Cody lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HKQfMiyzD_0#!

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 12:29 PM
That was a doozie. Such an old video, game wasn't even out a week then.

NotoriousTIMP
06-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Him and his buddy make these videos all the time and post them up on youtube. I guess they even get paid for stuff like this.....I was shocked when I found out that they made $3k last month just from ad revenue....

Space Suicide
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Him and his buddy make these videos all the time and post them up on youtube. I guess they even get paid for stuff like this.....I was shocked when I found out that they made $3k last month just from ad revenue....

Yeah lots of Gamers on Youtube get paid for doing the shit for being a partner. As much as I'd love that for income I'd feel unfulfilled and a bit lame. I do want to get a capture card in the near future (several months) to record gameplay, commentaries, walkthroughs and shit for fun though.

october_midnight
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't want info. I want a tentative release date.

March 2013 (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725845/gears-of-war-judgment-releasing-march-2013-official-comic-con-2012-news/)

Considering it's probably going to be a few weeks after BioShock Infinite drops, added to the fact that my excitement level for this is sitting at about a 2.9/10, I think I may wait until it's cheap on Craigslist to even consider it.

Space Suicide
07-12-2012, 11:05 PM
March 2013 (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725845/gears-of-war-judgment-releasing-march-2013-official-comic-con-2012-news/)

Considering it's probably going to be a few weeks after BioShock Infinite drops, added to the fact that my excitement level for this is sitting at about a 2.9/10, I think I may wait until it's cheap on Craigslist to even consider it.

Good, was dreading it'd come out the later half of 2013.

I don't think they can improve much off Gears 3's engine, gameplay and online connection (sadly) but I do hold high regards in excitement and something new.

Looks like you'll get Infinite and I'll get Judgment. The I'll get Infinite cheaper later on and you Gears later on. No biggie.

october_midnight
07-13-2012, 08:59 AM
lol yeah man it was uhh...nothing personal.

Space Suicide
07-13-2012, 01:50 PM
lol yeah man it was uhh...nothing personal.

I was just messing.

Space Suicide
07-24-2012, 01:50 AM
I love this game (and series to death) but for me 3 is dying due to resurgence of loser usage of Retro Lancers and lousy connections. There are no dedicated servers for this anymore. I get hit by 5 Lancer bullets and I immediately go down, I shoot a fucking guy in the back of the head at close range with my Gnasher and I get nothing. Just bullshit, this game is beginning to piss me off with how bad the damage consistency is.

october_midnight
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
New Free-For-All videos from GoW: Judgment. Gotta say, it's all looking very "same ol', same ol'" to me at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0dcXTYG9zik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f6x52SvPDzY#!

Space Suicide
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I like it, am looking forward to it but it's the same Gears of War 3. Eh, whatever. I love the series so I'll get it.

october_midnight
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Kinda unrelated, but Cliff B. is leaving EPIC. (http://epicgames.com/community/2012/10/cliff-bleszinski-departs-epic/)

Space Suicide
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Kinda unrelated, but Cliff B. is leaving EPIC. (http://epicgames.com/community/2012/10/cliff-bleszinski-departs-epic/)

I read that earlier and cracked a smile.

Space Suicide
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Tried playing a Ranked Team Deathmatch tonight.

Mistake on my part. Some of the worst gametime I've had on here in a long time and extremely unfun.

Clans have pretty much ruined this game as far as playing Ranked. All that's left now is no-life losers, shitty clans and n00b players. This game is dead and it's only been a little over a year since it was released.

Hopefully Judgment has more longevity.

october_midnight
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKsnf-ts3w&feature=player_embedded

Space Suicide
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Seen it this morning. Looks good but I still fear for some changes they're doing.

october_midnight
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
So on the day it comes out, there's a chance that by the time I get off work, swing by the mall and pick it up, and get home...you won't already be online playing it?

Space Suicide
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
So on the day it comes out, there's a chance that by the time I get off work, swing by the mall and pick it up, and get home...you won't already be online playing it?

My copy is pre-ordered at the Microsoft store.

I mean the game has a lot of new things I don't agree with: Aiming Reticle at all times (even if not zoomed down sight), two-shot reserve Sawed-Off Shotgun, retro lancer returning, no Locust in multiplayer outside of Overrun Mode, no executions, etc.

I'll be online and playing, sir.

NotoriousTIMP
01-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Count me in for story mode!!!

Space Suicide
02-02-2013, 06:23 PM
FREE Jungle Tai dlc character!
For US residents only:
1. Text "game" to 87963.
2. You should receive a message back saying "Reply w/your email to agree to Official Rules, confirm you're age 18 or over & see if you're a winner! Reply HELP GEARS for help. Msg&Data rates may apply."
3. Reply back with your email address.
4. You should receive another message back stating if you won instantly or not. (Clarification: If you get "Sorry you didn't win instantly this time.", you will still receive a code.
5. Either way, check your email for "Gears of War Downloadable Content from Brisk!"
6. Enjoy your free code.

NotoriousTIMP
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
^^^*

Is that for GoW3?

Space Suicide
02-02-2013, 07:55 PM
^^^*

Is that for GoW3?

No, it is for Judgment. I just downloaded a code it sent me. The code I won was for a Gears of War 3 Baird skin to use in Judgment.

NotoriousTIMP
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
so I just did what you said to do and I didnt get anything in my email. How long does it take for the message to be generated?

Space Suicide
02-03-2013, 03:24 PM
so I just did what you said to do and I didnt get anything in my email. How long does it take for the message to be generated?

Mine took a few minutes. Who knows, maybe all 50,000 codes have been handed out already as well? Check spam folders too.

Space Suicide
02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2AT0Yv5Ps

Must watch!

october_midnight
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Buying the season pass will grant you permanent double XP. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-of-war-judgment-pass-includes-permanent-double-xp-6404499)

Interesting, and I view it as either the most shameless cash grab ever...or the dev realizing that the backlash against season passes is growing by the day and they need to offer something substantial to make some feel it's worth it...

Space Suicide
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Buying the season pass will grant you permanent double XP. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-of-war-judgment-pass-includes-permanent-double-xp-6404499)

Interesting, and I view it as either the most shameless cash grab ever...or the dev realizing that the backlash against season passes is growing by the day and they need to offer something substantial to make some feel it's worth it...

I don't give a rat's ass about the double xp. I'm just glad it's cheap! ALSO since I pre-ordered from Microsoft Store and get free 1600 MSP I pretty much get all DLC free. WIN!

october_midnight
03-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Second unlockable campaign section is an epilogue after the main story that will lead up to the events in Gears of War 3. (http://www.oxm.co.uk/50785/gears-of-war-judgments-unlockable-second-campaign-revealed/)

Space Suicide
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Second unlockable campaign section is an epilogue after the main story that will lead up to the events in Gears of War 3. (http://www.oxm.co.uk/50785/gears-of-war-judgments-unlockable-second-campaign-revealed/)

I seen it on the Reveal. Not much time left now...

NotoriousTIMP
03-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Just paid off my pre-order! :)

Add me on XBL and let's play on release night!

Gamer tag: notoriousTIMP

october_midnight
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Might be on for a bit that night but a good chance I'll be at a Canucks game. I'm sure Space will be on all day/night. Hit me up if you see me come online.

Space Suicide
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Just paid off my pre-order! :)

Add me on XBL and let's play on release night!

Gamer tag: notoriousTIMP

Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Already friends, mate. :p

I might be up for a few multiplayer matches, after me and my lady get focus off Campaign. Try to knock that out first.

Might be on for a bit that night but a good chance I'll be at a Canucks game. I'm sure Space will be on all day/night. Hit me up if you see me come online.

Oh, you.

october_midnight
03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
That wasn't as a slag, just if he was lookin' for people to play with lol. Wasn't sure if you were friends on xbl already.

Space Suicide
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
That wasn't as a slag, just if he was lookin' for people to play with lol. Wasn't sure if you were friends on xbl already.

I know I was joking about it. :p

What's your thoughts about this game now?

october_midnight
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Just watched the 13 minutes Overrun video and now there's a 48 min one I skipped through for Domination. Looks good, I'll sink some time in to it, but it's still just gnashers and wall bouncing which they should've tried to do away with. I like the new aspects such as a button press weapon change instead of D-pad and things like picking classes or your one loadout and that's all you get. One touch grenades with cooldown, etc. Still, BioShock Infinite is my priority.

Space Suicide
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Just watched the 13 minutes Overrun video and now there's a 48 min one I skipped through for Domination. Looks good, I'll sink some time in to it, but it's still just gnashers and wall bouncing which they should've tried to do away with. I like the new aspects such as a button press weapon change instead of D-pad and things like picking classes or your one loadout and that's all you get. One touch grenades with cooldown, etc. Still, BioShock Infinite is my priority.

Well of course I know your Bioshock fandom which is why I asked. I remember exchanging words where you said you wouldn't be getting Judgment and etc.

I like some changes but some I don't. I never had an issue with the weapon swapping with the D-Pad BUT sometimes I hit the wrong button when switching to Gnasher and got my Snub out...needless to say that's a dying mistake. I'm a fan of Gnasher gameplay but sometimes it's too much. I highly doubt it but I hope they make the game have good variety. I'm a 50/50 player. I try to use my rifle as much as the Gnasher. Some people, like I'm sure as they will in this, will do one 100% over the other.

I hope they make the Retro Lancer completely useless. I hate that gun and it's the only one people use on Gears of War 3. Fucking cheap, overpowered, overused and no variety.

I'm sure there will be intentional trolls and dicks in this game too.

The Sawed-Off getting same damage and range as Gnasher doesn't really make me mad like it does everyone else. It's essentially the same gun now, minus a wider spread and 6 less shots. Whoop dee doo.

NotoriousTIMP
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Are we the only three people on ETS who play this game and BL2? Lol

Space Suicide
03-11-2013, 07:28 PM
http://epicgames.com/community/2013/03/the-epic-reaper/

Must read!

october_midnight
03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Looks alright, only for EPIC staff but I'm sure some day they'll open it up across the board. I got to play it in Seattle last week with my friend...only got to play Overrun but it was pretty awesome. Seems faster a bit.

Also got to talk to raczilla for a few minutes, he said that in the campaign there's a few points that are almost like Horde style where you're bunkered down and just facing a crazy high number of locust all flying at you in giant waves.

october_midnight
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Man, rocking the Mauler with a good player throwing heals is unstoppable lol.

october_midnight
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Just rocked 21,000+ points in a single match without dying while on the Cog side. Overrun is too much fun.

Space Suicide
03-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Just rocked 21,000+ points in a single match without dying while on the Cog side. Overrun is too much fun.

That's good to hear considering that's where every bit of focus is for this game. I didn't pre-order from Gamestop so no early access for me. I'll just wait till Tuesday, not far away anyways. People that have this early access and rank up to level 30 wont be any better than me anyways. Rank is a number only, doesn't mean you're better.

october_midnight
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Wait until you see how different even the base mechanics of moving are lol. The people at level 30 will be better than you.

Space Suicide
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Wait until you see how different even the base mechanics of moving are lol. The people at level 30 will be better than you.

Why? Special unlock privilege shit due to rank?

If so, then I must say that is unfair bullshit.

october_midnight
03-15-2013, 04:05 PM
For me the different button layout was the hardest obstacle to overcome. No wall bouncing, weaker Gnasher, no active reload, different way to toss grenades, larger blast radius, different characters, it's familiar sure, but practically a new game in a lot of aspects. It's more tactical now instead of Gnasher wars in every match. Skyline is a pretty tight map, I'm diggin' it more than the Estate map I played in Seattle.

Space Suicide
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
For me the different button layout was the hardest obstacle to overcome. No wall bouncing, weaker Gnasher, no active reload, different way to toss grenades, larger blast radius, different characters, it's familiar sure, but practically a new game in a lot of aspects. It's more tactical now instead of Gnasher wars in every match. Skyline is a pretty tight map, I'm diggin' it more than the Estate map I played in Seattle.

Then I'm fine with it. Only thing that peeves me is the unnecessary button layout reconfiguration. LB for the Tacom and the d-pad for weapon swapping was a good, easy method. Now like every other shooter it'll be Y and down on d-pad for tacom. Very blah.

I knew of most changes and I expect Overrun as such but core gameplay on standard multiplayer will be same old.

Only thing that'll piss me off is if there's tons of Retro Lancer douchebags. Fucking hate that overpowered weapon.

NotoriousTIMP
03-16-2013, 03:02 PM
If you guys haven't pre-ordered a copy yet, I would try and make it to a Microsoft store to do so. They're giving away 1600 MS points which pretty much gets you the season pass for free with 2x the XP

Space Suicide
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
If you guys haven't pre-ordered a copy yet, I would try and make it to a Microsoft store to do so. They're giving away 1600 MS points which pretty much gets you the season pass for free with 2x the XP

That's exactly what I did. Free pass and I get the best pre-order character, Alex Brand.

My friend gave me an OverRun Demo code. Not bad but still trying to get used to it.

october_midnight
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Just scored this weapon skin for free, it's ridiculous...which is probably why I dig it.

http://gamervets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Gears-paintball.jpg

NotoriousTIMP
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm about 30th in line at the Microsoft store in Bellevue, WA....looks like we're doing a tournament tonight and we can win cool swag. Ill post up later with what the prizes are

Space Suicide
03-18-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm about 30th in line at the Microsoft store in Bellevue, WA....looks like we're doing a tournament tonight and we can win cool swag. Ill post up later with what the prizes are

Lucky, I'm stuck waiting until whenever UPS decides to give me my order. I just had to go with Microsoft Store, best pre-order bonuses.

NotoriousTIMP
03-19-2013, 12:24 AM
we got some cool GoW:J shirt and the tournament is about to start for more cool stuff.

NotoriousTIMP
03-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Big screen that was set up in the back of the store....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/60F45C65-542C-446A-AE39-FD41BFBD75B9-31702-00000F15EF77B902_zps5fecb21d.jpg

Moving banner that was played on all of the long screens throughout the store
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/7DACCF4A-D0AC-4441-AA48-C843F113E1F6-31702-00000F15E8F06CA1_zps56ddb79c.jpg

Consoles that were set up for the tournament
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/0CC00D62-F6A3-46EC-B457-19849F313394-31702-00000F15EB1C0285_zps3275fd66.jpg

The tourney begins (I lost in the first round :()
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/5DF389D2-3BB0-470E-9513-FF6262ADC98A-31702-00000F15ED382B10_zps9fd0c14b.jpg

And my take home from the night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/cingularrox/2C49BF96-1239-446D-89AA-C215AC440067-31702-00000F15D3D170C1_zps4a73585e.jpg

Space Suicide
03-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Got mine in the mail just now! I still have schoolwork to do so won't pop on until much later.

Conan The Barbarian
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I can imagine space having the game out and in the corner of his eye. As he keeps looking back and forth from book to game.

Space Suicide
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
I can imagine space having the game out and in the corner of his eye. As he keeps looking back and forth from book to game.

You know it.

Luckily it is a computer screen. Working Adobe Illustrator, fixing up one of my projects.

october_midnight
03-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I have an extra paintball weapon skin code if anyone wants it. Shoot me a PM if you do.

Space Suicide
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I have an extra paintball weapon skin code if anyone wants it. Shoot me a PM if you do.

I got that skin on my Retro. Looks sick.

I bought some skins off the Marketplace. I only liked a few. Bought 3 skins and 2 armor skins.

Weapon Skins - Shark, Aurora and X-Ray
Armor Skins - Program and Zombie

Just waiting on my Alex Brand code, my Classic Hammerburst code and my 1600 MSP to buy the VIP Pass.

Space Suicide
03-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Just beat the main campaign with my girl on Hardcore difficulty. Scored 99 stars in total and did all Declassified Missions. Hella fun. Loved this campaign. Exciting, fresh, fun, funny and entirely new spin on things.

Doing Aftermath tomorrow sometime then gonna go whole hog into multiplayer depravity. I fucking love the Breechshot playlist they currently got. I miss the old formula but this new scheme and layout isn't so bad, just a bit more odd and unbalanced at times.

NotoriousTIMP
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I too beat the main campaign and now plan on doing it again on insane :) fun stuff but I felt it was kinda short....

october_midnight
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
New DLC and title update drop tomorrow. Haven't played in about a week, but the 3x XP should help me re-up for the second time sooner than expected...hopefully lol.

DLC Update

The first DLC pack and Title Update for Gears of War: Judgment is dropping a few days early. Tomorrow, (Friday, March 29) in fact!
The pack includes a new multiplayer map called Haven and the fan-favorite mode Execution.
We have created special playlists for Haven and Execution which will feature 2 XP for a limited time. VIP pass holders will receive 3 XP within that playlist for a limited time.
IMPORTANT: You must download the DLC pack directly from the Xbox 360 dashboard or add it to your download queue via Xbox.com. The dialogue box prompting you to download the pack in-game is not functioning properly and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Title Update Details

Various dedicated server improvements.
Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
You will now see XP tallies between matches.

Space Suicide
03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Just read this on EPIC Forums and was about to post.

october_midnight
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I read it on the internet and posted it on ETS.

Space Suicide
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
I read it on the internet and posted it on ETS.

EPIC Forums is on the internet though? Mindfuck much? O.o

New map is good, very much reminds me of the Gears 1 map Mausoleum.

october_midnight
04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
So...close...to re-upping for the 3rd time....ugh.

Space Suicide
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
So...close...to re-upping for the 3rd time....ugh.

Already?

I'm level 5 of my 3rd run now. 45 levels to go till the third re-up and last achievement for it.

october_midnight
04-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Well, that third re-up was a bit of a grind but on to the next.

xmd 5a
04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
I can't even conceive of getting to level 50 the first time. Having fun with the single player, but it feels like everyone on multiplayer is so far beyond my skill level that it's anti-fun. I guess that's what happens when you get into the series 5 years after everyone else and are up against long-term vets haha. I played a decent amount of Horde when 3 first came out (my introduction to the series), but the co-op and competitive multi modes are a completely different kettle of fish on this one. I love the campaigns in all the Gears games but missing out on most of the multiplayer achievements is doing no favours for my Gamerscore...

october_midnight
04-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Stick with Overrun, that should net you some solid XP...it's the most fun mode for me as well. Hell, I'm already level 15 already again. But if you're in to the campaign, as long as you're havin' fun, stick with it!

october_midnight
04-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Hit Re-Up number four today...thinking it's a taaaaad bit easier to level up than the previous two Gears games lol.

Space Suicide
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Hit Re-Up number four today...thinking it's a taaaaad bit easier to level up than the previous two Gears games lol.

It is. In previous games getting from around level 70 to level 100 was a slow, long grind. Unsure when any of you have played Gears of War 3 last (I regularly play it least once a week, have been ever since it came out) but they have like a double/triple/quadruple XP modifier (unsure which it is) permanently now so it's not so hard to level up on there either. Few, solid KOTH matches net huge XP. Even though I'm at Gold Wings (Level 400), I still net about anywhere from 28,000 to 40,000 XP a match.

october_midnight
04-16-2013, 06:53 PM
On the way to Re-Up 6. The party don't stop.

october_midnight
04-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Official information regarding the first add-on DLC drops tomorrow. Also, melee hits going to 3 to kill, including Wretches in Overrune (thank fuck).

october_midnight
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Call To Arms DLC drops on Tuesday. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-of-war-judgment-call-to-arms-dlc-out-next-week-6407269)

Summary:

- Three new maps including Blood Drive.
- New game mode 'Master At Arms' which is similar to CoD's gun game mode; FFA with the objective being to get a kill with all the different weapons without melee or grenade kills.
- 10 more achievements for 250g.

Space Suicide
04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Blood Drive rehash again? At least I like the map.

Glad to see the melee is addressed. That shit never worked before and now it's all anyone used.

october_midnight
04-27-2013, 05:55 PM
About halfway to re-up 7. The new Overrun map Terminal is great. Kinda digging the Master At Arms mode too.

Space Suicide
04-27-2013, 07:18 PM
About halfway to re-up 7. The new Overrun map Terminal is great. Kinda digging the Master At Arms mode too.

I hate Free For All so I'm not playing it much. I haven't gotten Terminal yet due to low playlist numbers having it so I guess I'll find out Tuesday.

october_midnight
05-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Various updates in the works:

- Dual-Loadouts will be implimented in all modes aside from FFA.
- Stim Grenades will be removed from all modes aside from FFA as well.
- Gnasher will spawn with 16 shots in all modes also. These changes will go live "soon".
- Locust in Standard MP: Not looking possible, but they are looking into improving audio and other things.
- Ranked matches will be getting a larger EXP boost, w/ possibility of different, more competitive swaps.
- Possibility of lowering mag size for the Lancer in all modes. (being tested as we speak).
- Audio changes: Enemy footsteps can be altered to sound different than friendly footsteps.
- Hill break time in Domination will be made faster.
- Prizeboxes: They will now always give prizes. No more XP, until you get all the unlocks/skins.
- (Test Server): Pull Grenades from Ammo Boxes. No more grenade refills from ammo boxes.
- Horde will not be returning to Judgment. "Too much of a lift at this point".

Space Suicide
05-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Various updates in the works:

- Dual-Loadouts will be implimented in all modes aside from FFA.
- Stim Grenades will be removed from all modes aside from FFA as well.
- Gnasher will spawn with 16 shots in all modes also. These changes will go live "soon".
- Locust in Standard MP: Not looking possible, but they are looking into improving audio and other things.
- Ranked matches will be getting a larger EXP boost, w/ possibility of different, more competitive swaps.
- Possibility of lowering mag size for the Lancer in all modes. (being tested as we speak).
- Audio changes: Enemy footsteps can be altered to sound different than friendly footsteps.
- Hill break time in Domination will be made faster.

Two weapons? THANK FUCK!

october_midnight
05-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Hit re-up 7 and managed to kill a reaper to get the medal! Not a bad afternoon at all...

Space Suicide
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Hit re-up 7 and managed to kill a reaper to get the medal! Not a bad afternoon at all...

I have yet to ever encounter one but I don't play Free For All so doubt I ever will. It's a cool medal and skin but it's too damn hard and elusive to even get. Should've been handled better to me. No way in hell will the entire community ever get it.

In other news, the dual loadouts made this game 50% funner than it ever was. Baffling to me that people are actually complaining on EPIC Games Forums about the dual loadouts. I love Gnasher shotgun fights too but damn, we need more than that shit in this game. The dual loadouts made it better balanced, have more variety and turned up the tactical factor a bit.

Me and my group are going to enjoy the hell out of it tonight by playing Execution.

october_midnight
05-09-2013, 04:21 PM
New DLC drops next week, officially announced very soon.

DLC contains "new maps and some other stuff and a new gametype. Team-based, single objective, that's all we'll say for now."

Space Suicide
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
New DLC drops next week, officially announced very soon.

DLC contains "new maps and some other stuff and a new gametype. Team-based, single objective, that's all we'll say for now."

Please by King of the Hill!

october_midnight
05-09-2013, 06:26 PM
They said it's something that Gears has never had, and is something 'people have been asking for'. I assume it's a bomb type game like CoD or something.

Space Suicide
05-09-2013, 10:15 PM
They said it's something that Gears has never had, and is something 'people have been asking for'. I assume it's a bomb type game like CoD or something.

Meh, I hope not.

october_midnight
05-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Also, free Overrun map coming on the 15th called 'Dreadnought'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDCn_Fez0I

Space Suicide
05-16-2013, 12:45 PM
CHECKOUT (http://epic.gm/bhw) IS COMING IN DLC!

october_midnight
05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Lost Relics DLC drops in a few weeks. (http://epicgames.com/community/2013/05/gears-of-war-judgment-dlc-lost-relics/)

New 'Breakthrough' game mode, return of Checkout map, other new maps, new armor/weapon skins.

Space Suicide
05-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Lost Relics DLC drops in a few weeks. (http://epicgames.com/community/2013/05/gears-of-war-judgment-dlc-lost-relics/)

New 'Breakthrough' game mode, return of Checkout map, other new maps, new armor/weapon skins.

Minute's difference posting.

I really like the look of Lost City's layout.

october_midnight
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I too acknowledge that I posted it a minute later.

Space Suicide
05-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Had some fun with a friend on the first game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rdLQEm1D70

Space Suicide
01-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Microsoft Buys Rights to Gears of War Franchise, New Developer Black Tusk Studios to develop along with Rod Ferguson. (http://www.trueachievements.com/n15950/microsoft-studios-acquires-gears-rights.htm)

Xbox One Gears of War game? FUCKING HELL YEAH!

Hope they don't mess it up!

october_midnight
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Talking with Rod about his move here to Vanouver this morning. Expect more than just a game announcement this year.

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Gears of War 1 remastered Ultimate Edition comes out in August.

Gears 4 drops 'Holiday 2016'.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHj1B8hUkAADu2S.png

Space Suicide
06-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I am sooooooooo excited.

Space Suicide
06-15-2015, 01:26 PM
BETA BITCHES

Get it while its hot.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/beta-signup-agreement

october_midnight
06-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Whoa, thought this was for Gears 4 when they announced it. Just the remaster? Big whoop.

Space Suicide
06-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Well this is my favorite game series and its an awesome game. Minus 3's gameplay the first is/was my favorite. The beta handles like a dream. Highly recommended!

Mmmmm I cannot fucking wait.

Wow, a lot of these players are fucking garbage. I had the longshot and he was lancering me from spawn when I was aimed at him...needless to say he lost his head.

I bet there's a lot of people that got this beta that never touched this or even any game within the series once. Launch day will be fun.

Space Suicide
07-09-2015, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBo4civqLYs

August 25th is so far away haha.

october_midnight
03-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Gears 4 cast revealed. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4s-cast-revealed-includes-marcus-feni/1100-6435457/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b)

Space Suicide
03-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Gears 4 cast revealed. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4s-cast-revealed-includes-marcus-feni/1100-6435457/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b)

Seen it earlier, Hype has already been generated.

october_midnight
03-08-2016, 02:58 PM
I too saw it earlier.

october_midnight
03-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Screenshots! (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gears_of_war_4/b/xboxone/archive/2016/03/09/exclusive-screenshot-gallery.aspx)

Space Suicide
03-11-2016, 03:54 PM
New Locust mutant variants look badass. I can't wait for the beta. Something tells me it will be in April.

Rabbit
03-13-2016, 04:54 AM
oh how fucking typical.... so everyone complained about how the original cast looked and acted like a bunch of roided up bros and now they made these people look like stupid fucking douchbags with character models all resembling Nathan Drake because uncharted is oh so hip now.

GOd fucking damn it people are stupid. The original gears was great because it was so ridiculously over the top with everything. It felt fresh. This looks like shit. I hope it's good but my expectations have been lowered significantly

Space Suicide
03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
oh how fucking typical.... so everyone complained about how the original cast looked and acted like a bunch of roided up bros and now they made these people look like stupid fucking douchbags with character models all resembling Nathan Drake because uncharted is oh so hip now.

GOd fucking damn it people are stupid. The original gears was great because it was so ridiculously over the top with everything. It felt fresh. This looks like shit. I hope it's good but my expectations have been lowered significantly

No surprise there.

october_midnight
03-13-2016, 03:12 PM

Meh, report this post or whatever, who cares. The way you let movies and video games get you so mad makes you seem like a complete fucking idiot.

Millionaire
03-13-2016, 06:04 PM
That guys not banned yet? I'm kind of impressed that he still keeps chugging along with this shtick.

Space Suicide
03-14-2016, 04:54 PM
More ass kicking multiplayer info! (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/03/14/everything-we-know-about-gears-of-war-4s-multiplayer.aspx)

Rabbit
03-15-2016, 05:43 AM
Meh, report this post or whatever, who cares. The way you let movies and video games get you so mad makes you seem like a complete fucking idiot.
And you're a fucking idiot for responding assuming i'm actually mad.

That guys not banned yet? I'm kind of impressed that he still keeps chugging along with this shtick.
People should get banned for not sharing your opinion? or not using the language you like?

my god PC and censorship is running amok everywhere isn't it. when will this trend end.

october_midnight
03-15-2016, 08:38 AM
And you're a fucking idiot for responding assuming i'm actually mad.

And you're a complete fucking moron for wasting your time being a generic internet troll. Never seen a billion of those. And around and around we go.

october_midnight
03-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Back on topic, Gears 4 beta dates are here! (https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/gears-4-beta)

Rabbit
03-15-2016, 10:43 PM
And you're a complete fucking moron for wasting your time being a generic internet troll. Never seen a billion of those. And around and around we go.
call it whatever you want. any dissenting opinion is now invalid and completely "stupid" or "trolling" or whatever other term you want to come up with.

the franchise has been in decline ever since Gears 1 and so far this does not look like it's going to save it.

october_midnight
03-16-2016, 08:47 AM
It's quite possible. It might only sell 4 million copies instead of 6 million. I'm sure it'll tank and spell the death of good gaming as we all know it. You know, like that shitty Star Wars movie that has already caused the world of cinema to collapse.

october_midnight
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
New weapons, the Dropshot and Buzzkill. (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gears_of_war_4/b/xboxone/archive/2016/03/16/the-weapons-and-enemies-of-gears-of-war-4.aspx)

Rabbit
03-16-2016, 05:48 PM
It's quite possible. It might only sell 4 million copies instead of 6 million. I'm sure it'll tank and spell the death of good gaming as we all know it. You know, like that shitty Star Wars movie that has already caused the world of cinema to collapse.
Gears of War 1 was probably my second most played game for the 360. I loved the franchise dude, loved it. Gears 2 was the biggest broken piece of shit ever released. Gears 3 tried to save it, but fell short.

They have to do really BIG things to make this franchise relevant again. Gears remastered population vanished quickly. Way faster than what i expected. I thought it was going to have some legs.... nope. People don't care anymore.

I hope i'm wrong and this game rocks. I'll wait for the beta to make that day 1 call.

Space Suicide
03-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Gears of War 1 was probably my second most played game for the 360. I loved the franchise dude, loved it. Gears 2 was the biggest broken piece of shit ever released. Gears 3 tried to save it, but fell short.

They have to do really BIG things to make this franchise relevant again. Gears remastered population vanished quickly. Way faster than what i expected. I thought it was going to have some legs.... nope. People don't care anymore.

I hope i'm wrong and this game rocks. I'll wait for the beta to make that day 1 call.

That's because plebs who aren't true fans to the main series gameplay were turned off to how slow it was compared to Gears of War 3. I still find and play ranked matches all the time on UE. I'm close to re-upping and missing 2 achievements (Seriously... and cluster luck). I'm about 6,000 kills short for Seriously... but I'll eventually get it.

Rabbit
03-16-2016, 07:20 PM
That's because plebs who aren't true fans to the main series gameplay were turned off to how slow it was compared to Gears of War 3. I still find and play ranked matches all the time on UE. I'm close to re-upping and missing 2 achievements (Seriously... and cluster luck). I'm about 6,000 kills short for Seriously... but I'll eventually get it.
i didn't even bother with gears of war 3. i think i did the beta and that was it.

october_midnight
03-18-2016, 02:20 PM
What's new in Gears 4 gameplay. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/03/18/whats-new-in-gears-of-war-4s-gameplay.aspx)

Space Suicide
03-18-2016, 02:54 PM
After watching this video I want this game even more than previously. It's in a bad way now. I'll probably still play it 5 years from now like I do with 3.

Rabbit
03-18-2016, 03:29 PM
campaign does look good.

october_midnight
04-01-2016, 12:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce-Jx5PWsAERIVv.jpg

october_midnight
04-04-2016, 03:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PMu_u0Nug

october_midnight
04-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Officially dropping October 11th.

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2016/04/05/ghsfsgh-gears-of-war-4-vertical_1.jpg

Space Suicide
04-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Cannot wait! Beta is about a week and a half away!

I also dig the cover.

october_midnight
04-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Also forgot, new details from Rod:

- The beta will apparently be fairly rough at spots. "It is an honest to god technical beta, not a marketing thing. We need to run tests and slam the servers."
- Local split-screen will be included. "All modes can be done via split-screen."
- Co-op campaign is two player, not four as in Gears 3.

october_midnight
04-11-2016, 09:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3f8VgQ_dqk&nohtml5=False

Also, a DropShot headshot! (https://vine.co/v/iTwwEU6BYIQ)

Space Suicide
04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHek8RO090

I just hope the grab mechanic and knife won't be obnoxious in MP.

october_midnight
04-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Finally. Gears 4 multiplayer details are here. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-14-gears-of-war-4-multiplayer-changes-things-up-in-some-cool-ways)

Article has screenshots, map details, modes, including the new 'Dodgeball' mode, explains the close quarters moves in the videos above (you can counter them all if done to you), crates, customization, etc.

Space Suicide
04-14-2016, 01:17 PM
They also have a beta exclusive unlock pack. Reach level 20 in the beta to get it.

The Reward Pack includes the Vintage Kait character skin, Vintage weapon skins for the Lancer and Snub, an emblem to customise your in-game identity, and a rare one-match Double XP Bounty to help you level up faster.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/12512233_1131613600202847_763082128583394624_n.jpg ?oh=473946a29b05e83bf0401f294a722b5f&oe=5774C8EB

october_midnight
04-15-2016, 09:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4XAJXssZQI

Space Suicide
04-15-2016, 10:09 AM
I initially wrote off that Dodgeball mode but that video and others I watched on youtube last night swayed my opinion. I wish TDM wasn't in the Beta. I'm a KOTH guy.

october_midnight
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Sawed-Off shotgun and Booshka not returning.
Retro Lancer and Hammerburst recalibrated.
Snub Pistol far weaker at range.
When looking through the Longshot scope, you will be able to see your peripheral a bit more.
Wall bouncing will be reduced via cooldown (i.e. can 'pull back on cover' aka wall bounce XX times and then won't be able to for YY seconds).

Space Suicide
04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
I knew they'd fuck up the code release. Someone I'm friends with has a guy that got the game 2 months ago and got his code, yet me and him, day one players, still haven't gotten it yet. Meh. I'll just die in Dark Souls III until they get the code out.

october_midnight
04-18-2016, 12:45 PM
How is the repeated and constant announcing via every single one of their social media feeds over the past week of 'there are tons of codes going out, they'll come out in waves, it will take time.' fucking up?

Space Suicide
04-18-2016, 12:48 PM
How is the repeated and constant announcing via every single one of their social media feeds over the past week of 'there are tons of codes going out, they'll come out in waves, it will take time.' fucking up?

I was under the impression that the waves were in forms of when the game was played on the account. As in day one people get it first then the later on people got it in the next wave and and so on and so forth until the open beta. Not one mass code sent to people that played it before XXX.

october_midnight
04-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Nah, friends/family started Friday at 3pm PT (codes were given out on social media, Twitch, etc.) UE players start today, open is next Monday.

Space Suicide
04-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Nah, friends/family started Friday at 3pm PT (codes were given out on social media, Twitch, etc.) UE players start today, open is next Monday.

I was right after looking at the forums. Long as I get it before the day is over I don't care. (https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-beta-early-access-key-distribution/ff863133-5177-4c44-816c-abb5f9f4cfd4/posts)

We plan on sending out codes to users who played Gears of War: Ultimate Edition in chronological order from the date they first played. For example, if you played on the first day the game launched, you will most likely receive your code on the 18th. Players that jumped in toward the tail end of the deadline (April 11th) will probably fall toward the end of the distribution. Codes will arrive via Xbox Live Messages.

Space Suicide
04-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Got my code finally. Just downloaded it. About to do my first match.

Space Suicide
04-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Good beta overall however my cons list is short but I'll say them anyways:

- Shooting delay with Gnasher coming out of roadie run/just general delay when shooting. It's made me lose loads of gunfights. Lag related or not it's a BIG issue.
- Hammerburst is personally (and in MY opinion) and completely unusable. You'd be a FOOL to not use the lancer as your rifle. TC made it like the first game's but with worse recoil.
- The TDM game mode has issues with spawn camping due to no spawn changes (or just not frequently enough), I've both done it and have had it done to me while playing.
- The maps are mediocre at best. There's no life or intrigue to them. Dam is the best map in the beta, which isn't saying much. This is again MY opinion.
- CCC seems completely absent from MP gameplay. Never once seen it used or have performed it on anyone. Which could be a good thing I suppose. Either way, it's a feature that's not really present.
- B vaulting over cover after a roadie run sometimes doesn't work.

Either way, I really have enjoyed my time with the beta so far. I've hit level 25. Open beta is tomorrow for everyone finally.