PDA

View Full Version : 2013.04.28 - Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre

Leviathant
02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
It's like New York but with more parking, right? Note: I plan on being at this show, even though it's not Union Transfer in Philadelphia.

Porkins
02-25-2013, 11:08 PM
The Wellmont is a pretty nice venue. I saw M83 there in the fall and it was nice and small, which I think will be great for HTDA.

RJK
02-26-2013, 07:07 AM
If I get a ticket this will be the show I'm going to.

Capacity: 2,137
Ticket price: $49.50 (plus fees?)

UninTY
02-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I will be at this show one way or the other. If I was to lose a hand in a freak cheese grating accident the night before, I would put a Band-Aid on that sh*t and go to the show. :)

Porkins
02-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Is that the known price for tickets?

RJK
02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
It is on the venue's website, so I would call that legit.

Porkins
02-26-2013, 10:33 AM
oh duh, thanks

do you reckon there'll be a difference in the pre-sale prices, or am I being foolishly optimistic?

RJK
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd say foolishly optimistic but what do I know. I'm preparing for the worst.

gorny540
02-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Ugh I was hoping the tix would be a little cheaper than that, pre-sale tix will probably be $5-$10 cheaper with fees based on experience with NIN tix

Porkins
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
i guess it doesn't really matter, I've had a paycheck saved away for this, so I'll get tix no matter what.

I wonder what the merch'll be like...

NIN64
02-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like I got my tickets. That site was sooooo slow. . .

gorny540
02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
locked up 2 tix to the show, they said GA so I don't know if there will be a GA section at the theater or if the entire theater itself is going to be a GA, either way gonna be a great birthday for me

downward
02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Got my 2 tix , $55 each....I thought they were reserved seats? I notice GA next to mine...?

bgalbraith
02-27-2013, 11:08 AM
I got tickets for this show (Boston as well)! Woo

NIN64
02-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Too late, all gone. . .

ThinkIcouldburn
02-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Got tickets. Now I'm excited. Curious about the photo policy though.

witte
02-27-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm in! :)

UninTY
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
locked up 2 tix to the show, they said GA so I don't know if there will be a GA section at the theater or if the entire theater itself is going to be a GA, either way gonna be a great birthday for me

there is GA "pit" area in front of the stage. Also, at all past shows I've gone to at this venue, even the seating areas are GA. Meaning first come first served. But you can only get to the "pit" with GA tix.

UninTY
02-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Got tickets. Now I'm excited. Curious about the photo policy though.

I've taken tons of pictures during Bush, Filter, Paramore, Aaron Lewis. Never an issue. Usually no video.

RJK
02-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Tickets are up on the regular sale page now. Just got one.

NIN64
02-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Anyone get a confirmation email from modlife yet?

bgalbraith
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Anyone get a confirmation email from modlife yet?

Yeah, came through a few minutes after I got the order confirmation page. Maybe check your spam folder?

NIN64
02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
I see my transaction in my account order history, and it says "order received", but still no confirmation email. . . Must check credit card statement. . .

Edit: Credit card was charged. Email receipt not in spam folder. Just contacted modlife. Waiting for response. . .

Porkins
02-27-2013, 03:55 PM
there is GA "pit" area in front of the stage. Also, at all past shows I've gone to at this venue, even the seating areas are GA. Meaning first come first served. But you can only get to the "pit" with GA tix.
the wellmont is small enough for basically everywhere in the theater to be reasonably close to the stage, so I wouldn't worry too much either way

gorny540
02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Did everyone who got presale tix have them as GA? Because now for the regular sale you can buy regular seated seats, showing that the whole event isn't just GA

RJK
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
They only sold GA for the presale.

NIN64
02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Whew!!! Finally got my email confirmation!

TheyCallMeDrug
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
ive got to get rid of 2 GA tickets for the wellmont theater and ill sell to anyone for $10 less than face to help with the service fees.

i bought tix immediately not realizing i already have tix for the les claypool duo de twang show that night already. so i grabbed tix for the apollo instead and now have extras. ive been around the board forever, i wouldn't dare rip anyone off. let me know, thanks.

downward
02-27-2013, 06:07 PM
not sure whats going on with the GA and not the 8% of the best reserved seats available like the email said...I sent an email to modlife regarding this

NIN64
02-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Now that this is all settled and everything. What time is everyone thinking of showing up at the venue?

Porkins
02-28-2013, 08:31 AM
probably around 5 or six, depending on the weather

witte
03-03-2013, 06:45 AM
I'll stay in Manhattan NYC.
Did some home work till now.
Am I right, I need to take the NJ Transit bus to Montclair (e.g. from the Port Authority Bus Terminal)?
The last bus Montclair to NYC will be around 11:15 pm. It's weekend (sunday), there are no trains.

I assume, the concert will be finished around 11:00 pm.

FULLMETAL
03-03-2013, 09:56 AM
http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html The PATH runs a limited schedule into the city on the weekend, but you'll have to take a bus/taxi from Newark.

RJK
03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
If anyone wants to buy my ticket to this show let me know. I got it during the regular sale. I would rather go to the Maryland show.

kdrcraig
03-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I wish this show was on Saturday instead of Sunday, it's a little over 2 hours from my place and making that trip back and then going to work on Monday isn't going to happen. Damn it.

NIN64
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
It seems that there are still plenty of GA tickets available for this show. . .

shadowsoul
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Is anyone driving to this from the NYC area? I'll put down for gas money. DM me please.

witte
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html The PATH runs a limited schedule into the city on the weekend, but you'll have to take a bus/taxi from Newark.

There is also driving a NJ Transit bus from NYC to Montclair (and back) in the weekend?

pukkelpop
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
There is also driving a NJ Transit bus from NYC to Montclair (and back) in the weekend?

get me a signature of Q, you lucky flying dutchman! :)

kevinbeetle
03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
got my GA tix today

witte
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
received an email: "the tickets will be at will-call when you get to the show"

downward
04-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Looks like this is standing room only tix for the presale....we got boned by modlife since they advertised that we would get the best reserved seats if reserved seats were available... I'm trying to get a refund

Porkins
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
noob question:

If I wanted to try to get a signature from TR et. al. after the show, how would I go about it?

kdrcraig
04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't think that's gonna be happening

sheepdean
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
noob question:

If I wanted to try to get a signature from TR et. al. after the show, how would I go about it?
Hang around the stage door for 1-2 hours after the show finishes, bring your own pen, don't be rude. #protips

Porkins
04-12-2013, 04:11 PM
do you think it's worth waiting or should I try to snag one of the signed prints at the merch booth?

sheepdean
04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
I place zero value on a signed item that wasn't signed FOR me, personally. So if you want it signed for you, maybe even personalised or in the colour pen of your choosing, waiting is key. If you just wanna frame it to extend your HTDApenis, grab it from merch.

bobbie solo
04-22-2013, 12:58 AM
real cheap tix avail for both this show and the apollo on stubhub. and lots of them, meaning they will most likely only continue to drop in price as people are trying to dump em. u can easily get 2 tix for cheaper than the face value of one in the lower and upper mezz. might snag a pair this week so i can decide after a live show if i truly like or dislike them. im indifferent as of now.

downward
04-22-2013, 06:39 PM
If anyone wants to trade a balcony seat ( actually 2) for GA...pm me, my wife is going with me and she's not too keen on standing the whole night.

On another note, any recommendations on where to park?

downward

kevinbeetle
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
If anyone wants to trade a balcony seat ( actually 2) for GA...pm me, my wife is going with me and she's not too keen on standing the whole night.

On another note, any recommendations on where to park?

downward

There is parking right around the corner. As soon as you see the theatre on the right corner, make a right. A half block on the left is parking, then right across the street from there. I think its metered, if I remember correctly, or it may be free since its the weekend.

bgalbraith
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I bought two tickets for this show through the modlife presale, and now it looks like I won't need one of them. If anyone is interested, let me know.

gorny540
04-24-2013, 06:52 PM
real cheap tix avail for both this show and the apollo on stubhub. and lots of them, meaning they will most likely only continue to drop in price as people are trying to dump em. u can easily get 2 tix for cheaper than the face value of one in the lower and upper mezz. might snag a pair this week so i can decide after a live show if i truly like or dislike them. im indifferent as of now.

WTF!!! Tix as low as 7 & 10 bucks for both shows, feel like a dummy for buying presale tix. I think whoever booked the show over anticipated the demand, probably just one area show would've been a hot ticket, Wellmont show isn't even sold out, WHATEVER gonna be an awesome birthday for me no matter what

Ash512
04-26-2013, 08:29 AM
TOIOU/RITC VIDEO ROLL CALL

!!SHOW SPOILERS AHEAD!!

As you may or may not know, people from Reflecting In The Chrome and ThisOneIsOnUs got together to record and edit the Chicago show for an upcoming release. We shot the whole show with 5 high-end XDCAMs and two DSLRs and we are currently in the process of collecting any extra footage. As always with those projects, the more we have, the better. So we're going to call out for anyone who wants to record upcoming shows, here are a few tips to help make your footage match with ours if you'd like to contribute.

First of all, whereas we had passes and official permission to record the Chicago show, we cannot provide such help for upcoming shows. Some venues, like HoB in Boston, charge royalties for bands who want to record their shows. So it's even beyond the bands control. Although, for those who'll try to sneak in their gear anyway, read on :

We're going to try to refrain from using iPhone/Flip, etc footage and concentrate on higher end gear. You can still let us know if you shoot with those, but we can't promise we'll use it. However, if you've got a DSLR that shoots in 1080p (5D, 7D, 60D, etc), or a prosumer HD camcorder (Panasonic HVX-200/Sony EX1, EX3, FS100, NXCAM/etc), we're definitely takers!

Technical specs :
-Set EVERYTHING manually. No autofocus, no autoexposure, no auto white balance.
-DON'T EVER CUT : we need continuous shots of the entire show, including breaks between songs. If you cut, we'll have to manually resynch your video and that can be a pain in the ass, especially if you cut between each and every song. If for some reason you had to cut, let us know when you submit your footage.
-Record in 1920x1080, 24 frames per second, with the highest possible bitrate on your cameras.
-Use whichever Picture Profile's got the most dynamic range or manually set everything to neutral except contrast which you'll want to drop even more. If you shoot with a DSLR, I can't insist enough that you get Technicolor's CineStyle profile (https://www.technicolorcinestyle.com/forms/cinestyle-profile-download/). The image will look flat and lifeless but, trust us : that's what we need for color correction.
-Set & lock your white balance manually to 3200K. Don't try to make custom white balances with a sheet of white paper : these will always result in great difference between cameras for various reasons.
-Try to keep your ISO sensitivity as low as possible. It'd be best never to go over ISO 600. It probably won't be possible given the low light environment but keep that in mind anyway.
-Open your aperture as much as possible. Most Sony's will open up to f2.8 which is great for the lighting conditions.
-If you still don't have quite enough light, instead of boosting the ISO, you can slightly slow down the shutter speed (1/40 should be fine, but don't go below 1/30 or you'll get trails whenever there is movement).
-If your camera has such tools, I suggest you display your Histogram and your Peaking at all times. Histogram is a little graphic that shows which parts of the screen is over or underexposed. Slightly underexposed is okay, slightly overexposed is not okay in the digital world, so try to watch out for overexposure. Peaking will highlight all pixels that are sharp, which is going to make it much easier to focus especially on small LCD displays.
-If you are filming with a zoom from a single position for the entire show, zoom in as far as you can go, focus on the farthest thing you see. Everything in between will stay sharp and you won't have to worry again about focus.

-Try not to move around the venue too much. It's always better if you stay in one place and film from that spot the entire time. That way when we're editing, we're sure your angle will be usable at all times and won't have to worry that you're shaking or moving around. If you're zooming in or out and panning across the stage, make sure you stop long enough in between movements... In otherwords, don't just keep scanning and moving around : that's unusable. You want to make at least 30 seconds to a minute-long stops between each move for us to cut easily.
-If you've never heard of the Rule of thirds, read this carefully before going in (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds). Try not to frame anything dead center unless you're filming a very wide shot. Always put your subject on one third of the image.

What we most need :
-Dynamic, handheld shots from the pit.
-Closeups. As per Rob's indication though : don't bother trying to get closeups when the band is hidden behind the screens. They are meant to be hidden, the show is all about video projections at those points. Ice age and Fur-lined, by exemple, will give you better opportunities to film the performers and zoom in real close.
-We'll still take everything else you shoot, though.

Postproduction :
-I will need you upload your original, uncompressed data (if you shoot with camcorders, I need the entire card structure and not just the video files) to your own DropBox account (or whichever hosting site you like, WeTransfer, etc) and then share it with me. If you record on cameras with higher bitrates like P2s, we might need you to send a HDD for which we might be able to cover shipping.
-My DropBox account for you to share your files with me : pp.chevigny-le.blanc@umontreal.ca
-When you submit your footage, make sure your mention your online screen name, your full name and address, cellphone number so we can keep in touch.

I think that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at either ones of those addresses :
ppchevigny@filmssix.com
pp.chevigny-le.blanc@umontreal.ca

Most importantly : enjoy yourselves!
-Pier-Philippe

r_k_f
04-26-2013, 10:00 AM
hmmm... do i bring mw DSLR or not...? dont feel like being denied.

kevinbeetle
04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
I place zero value on a signed item that wasn't signed FOR me, personally. So if you want it signed for you, maybe even personalised or in the colour pen of your choosing, waiting is key. If you just wanna frame it to extend your HTDApenis, grab it from merch.

im gonna try to grow my flacid HTDApenis

bgalbraith
04-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I bought two tickets for this show through the modlife presale, and now it looks like I won't need one of them. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Since tickets can be had for pretty cheap, I'm just going to eat the extra ticket and let someone else jump the line and use the presale early entry.

ThinkIcouldburn
04-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Really hoping for an open photo policy for tomorrow. Just got turned down for a photo pass. Pretty irritating. Have my Mark III and lenses all ready to go and really worried about being turned away.

witte
04-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Anyone up for an early ETS meet up @ Trend Coffee & Tea House, 411 Bloomfield Ave?
Just to drink a cup of coffee or tea...

r_k_f
04-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Really hoping for an open photo policy for tomorrow. Just got turned down for a photo pass. Pretty irritating. Have my Mark III and lenses all ready to go and really worried about being turned away.

I feel your pain... Think I might not even attempt to bring my 7d, it'd probably just distract me from just taking it all in and enjoying the show.. Or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

ThinkIcouldburn
04-27-2013, 09:06 PM
"No professional cameras without a photo pass." -@bowerypresents This sucks. Was really looking forward to shooting this show. First I fall through the cracks for the photo pass, then I can't even bring my camera at all. Bummed.

gorny540
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm gonna wait after the show for the slight chance to meet TR. NIN in arena tours makes it impossible, but if I ever had a chance it'd be tomorrow, see you guys by the tour bus after the show haha

NIN64
04-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Just found out this morning that my wife can't make it to the show tonight. I have an extra presale ticket if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

downward
04-28-2013, 08:20 AM
12 hours from now , I'll be right in the middle of an awesome show.....the countdown starts!;) I'll try to document some of the stuff on twitter, follow me @burnt_bridge

Porkins
04-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm down to wait. who knows when we'll have another chance to meet the band, especially at such a small venue

head_lice
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
For whoever's interested, Im not going to be able to get there in time tonight for the NJ show, so I have an extra print at home GA ticket for free. Its not a presale one. Let me know and I'll send the link.

Im going to the apollo one anyway :)

NIN64
04-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Just found out this morning that my wife can't make it to the show tonight. I have an extra presale ticket if anyone is interested. Just PM me.
Free to a good home...

downward
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Only about 20 people in line....where to stand..rail or soundboard ?

sheepdean
04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Only about 20 people in line....where to stand..rail or soundboard ?
Do you want to see a glimpse of Trent's thong? Then rail.
Do you want to hear and see everything perfectly? Then soundboard.

NIN64
04-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Waiting in the presale line. Still have a free ticket with no takers...

FULLMETAL
04-28-2013, 05:28 PM
No security patdown. This is the venue to stealth record.

heavenly_bearded
04-28-2013, 06:52 PM
I hate you all...
What poster do they have this evening? I am hearing Eyeball, just want to be sure. Enjoy your show folks, I hear the Wellmont Theater is very nice!

ThinkIcouldburn
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Indeed eyeball. Got a signed one after dealing with the wait to be signed debacle. Amazing show. Good to meet a few of you.

FULLMETAL
04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
A quickie from Ice age. Such an amazing performance by Mariqueen... she was in tears with such an emotional resonance. Fucking brilliant show, but no band intros this go around.

Sadly, this is my last one for a while.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/43d19e4b57015f5d1d145eb51e70e7ef/tumblr_mlzzz2XV1Z1qz6mjfo1_500.jpg

jessamineny
04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks to @nin64 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=39) for upgrading me to his extra presale! Helped to ensure a signed poster for another ETSer. :)

And apparently typing on an iPhone isn't a good idea for liking posts. Sorry ThinkIcouldburn

heavenly_bearded
04-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks to @nin64 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=39) for upgrading me to his extra presale! Helped to ensure a signed poster for another ETSer. :)

And apparently typing on an iPhone isn't a good idea for liking posts. Sorry @ThinkIcouldburn (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=168)

If I had the ability to like your post a thousand times over...

witte
04-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Speechless!
Met some good people!

gorny540
04-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Very cool show, prob about 20 fans waited by the bus after but we just got the quick cold shoulder (not even a wave Trent?!) no big deal though, they got kids on the tour bus so thats where the priority is. Loved the visuals I stood right in front of the soundboard, not sure if it was just the spot or the venue in whole but it sounded really good. A great show but I don't know, I just didn't feel the magic in the air like I have any time I've seen NIN. Cool to see Trent as a sidekick and not the front man, but I'm ready for NIN's return, this was a very nice way to bridge the gap though.

downward
04-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Well I could've been rail but my gut said to go to the soundboard and boy was it right. I ended up standing next to some cool guys from Philly that knew as much as I did about NIN/HTDA and this made the time go by quickly waiting for the show. I didn't watch the Coachella stuff because I wanted to be surprised and I'm glad I didn't because it was truely an awesome show. The sound at the Wellmont was fantastic but if there was one complaint.....HDTA was kinda quiet. Other than that they provided an Sonic/Visual delite that no recording can reproduce so I'm glad I made the 2 Hr trip from Wilkes Barre PA to Montclair NJ.....it was worth it

kevinbeetle
04-29-2013, 07:20 AM
amazing show. i did notice a video camera centerstage above the soundboard. not sure if the welmont records all of their shows and/or if its available or not.

diiv was actually pretty decent. never listened to them before.

i was right behind the soundboard as well. did anyone see the one guy playing world of warcraft or something and not even paying attention to the show?

NIN64
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Last night was great, but I needed a little time to process everything. A friend of mine and I made a two and a half hour drive for the show. We got there super early, and tooled around town for a while. When we finally made it to the venue we were only about 15 people from the door in the presale line. Waiting in line for a signed poster was unexpected, but no worries. It was nice to meet UninTY , ThinkIcouldburn , and jessamineny . I'm Glad I could help you with the extra ticket jessamineny ! I really enjoyed the live set. I like the EP, and the album, but seeing them live made it all seem more real. I feel that I will have a deeper appreciation for this music from now on. I really envy people who were able to catch multiple dates on this tour. I'm also sad for those who can't catch even one. This was something special. It's difficult to explain, and it must be seen live to understand. I tried not to complain about anything from last night, but I do have to point out the rudeness from parts of the crowd. There was a interesting mix of fans, people wanting to try something new, and clueless mouth breathers. Somehow I found myself surrounded by people with no concert etiquette for the last half of the set. There were people having LOUD conversations about menial bullshit during the quietest parts of the songs. As the music became louder they would increase the volume of their voices as if the music was inconveniencing them. Another group of jerks were arguing about how many more drinks one had over the other during Strings and Attractors. There was a shrill woman behind me that was told at one point to shut up. Her response was, "it's okay; they already played my favorite song!" Last but not least, at the encore a man who looked and smelled homeless popped up next to me. No exaggeration, he was smoking crack. Crack. Literally he was squatting down on the floor, taking a hit from a stem, getting up and wigging out for a bit, three minutes later, squat, repeat. . . There were more crowd assholes, but I digress. . . All that aside It was great night, and a fun trip.

heavenly_bearded
04-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Last but not least, at the encore a man who looked and smelled homeless popped up next to me. No exaggeration, he was smoking crack. Crack. Literally he was squatting down on the floor, taking a hit from a stem, getting up and wigging out for a bit, three minutes later, squat, repeat. . ..

Sorry about that, sometimes I can't go a few hours without a hit :)

Seriously though, thank you so much for getting Jess in there early, I'm sure she appreciated it, I do as well :)

kbo
04-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what was played between Diiv and HTDA? I think I caught Bahaus and MBV.

ericy210
04-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Did she just start crying? Did she finish it?

bobbie solo
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
amazing show. i did notice a video camera centerstage above the soundboard. not sure if the welmont records all of their shows and/or if its available or not.

that's the Wellmont/Bowery Presents. not available, not yet at least.

bgalbraith
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Did she just start crying? Did she finish it?

I believe she's cried at a few other performances as well. She also grips the mic stand tightly, shaking. I think she is channeling something very emotional in order to achieve the desired vocal delivery for Ice Age. She didn't break down or anything, just faltered a little bit with the timing and delivery at a couple spots. I was directly in front of her at the rail, and seeing her put this much effort into the song was inspiring.

NIN64
04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
I had a hard time hearing Mariqueen while she was talking to the crowd before A Drowning. Did anyone hear her clearly?

gorny540
04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
The only thing that she said was how it was an important show for them because they were at the end of their tour, and Trent said Thank You twice throughout the night, that was it.

downward
04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what was played between Diiv and HTDA? I think I caught Bahaus and MBV.

New David Bowie

witte
04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
A lot of The Soft Moon

cicatriz1988
04-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Seems like I am the only one who found it stange to see her cry during her first song alone after opening up the stage.. The way she was standing there, not moving at all and then starting to shake.. i found those moments very uncomfortable.. it didn't feel natural, it felt like she kept telling herself that now is the time to cry.
But overall a great show.. Especially the light show kicked ass! I am not quite sure how i like those fitted dress shirts on trent thou... but what can you do...

UninTY
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Last night was great, but I needed a little time to process everything. A friend of mine and I made a two and a half hour drive for the show. We got there super early, and tooled around town for a while. When we finally made it to the venue we were only about 15 people from the door in the presale line. Waiting in line for a signed poster was unexpected, but no worries. It was nice to meet @UninTY (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=839) , @ThinkIcouldburn (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=168) , and @jessamineny (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=342) . I'm Glad I could help you with the extra ticket @jessamineny (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=342) ! I really enjoyed the live set. I like the EP, and the album, but seeing them live made it all seem more real. I feel that I will have a deeper appreciation for this music from now on. I really envy people who were able to catch multiple dates on this tour. I'm also sad for those who can't catch even one. This was something special. It's difficult to explain, and it must be seen live to understand. I tried not to complain about anything from last night, but I do have to point out the rudeness from parts of the crowd. There was a interesting mix of fans, people wanting to try something new, and clueless mouth breathers. Somehow I found myself surrounded by people with no concert etiquette for the last half of the set. There were people having LOUD conversations about menial bullshit during the quietest parts of the songs. As the music became louder they would increase the volume of their voices as if the music was inconveniencing them. Another group of jerks were arguing about how many more drinks one had over the other during Strings and Attractors. There was a shrill woman behind me that was told at one point to shut up. Her response was, "it's okay; they already played my favorite song!" Last but not least, at the encore a man who looked and smelled homeless popped up next to me. No exaggeration, he was smoking crack. Crack. Literally he was squatting down on the floor, taking a hit from a stem, getting up and wigging out for a bit, three minutes later, squat, repeat. . . There were more crowd assholes, but I digress. . . All that aside It was great night, and a fun trip.

great to meet you too!

Ash512
05-11-2013, 09:45 AM
LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1463-2013-04-23-Chicago-IL-The-Vic?p=82924#post82924). If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.

jd13
05-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know if this show was recorded? Audio and/or video? I haven't seen anything yet...

NIN64
09-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Friend of mine found this. Wonder if there is a complete version floating around. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcR8LXoB1U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN9DkF3tHm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XfiGW-1isk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT25BLM_pHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWb4nLgkGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3mgz4rcfNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlbpbe_aPqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddKoqB9pHE

r_k_f
09-05-2014, 10:23 PM
This was such a great show.. I feel for anyone that didn't get to experience HTDA live...