PDA

View Full Version : 2013.04.18 - San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom

Leviathant
02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
With a total capacity of 2,325 this versatile San Francisco landmark (http://www.theregencyballroom.com/) offers three separate venues, each with unique architectural characteristics and an array of accompanying rooms making the facilities elegant, accommodating and unforgettable.

Harry Seaward
02-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Checking in.

JessicaSarahS
02-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Please don't sell out quickly. Please don't sell out quickly. Please don't sell out quickly. :( Am I the only one nervous about the presales?

DigitalChaos
02-26-2013, 12:36 AM
So how many SF people do we have?

Harry Seaward
02-26-2013, 06:38 PM
So how many SF people do we have?

I'll be coming in from the Reno-Tahoe area. A $30, 6-hour Greyhound ride seems fair. Couldn't miss it.

JessicaSarahS
02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm officially going to this show. Driving in from Napa and I'm going solo, so I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone. :)

Roger Waters
02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Early Presale Entrance = Getting a jump in the ridiculously long coat check line at the Regency if you choose to do so.

Harry Seaward
02-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Damn, hotels in San Fran sure are pricey. Looks like I might be sidewalking it.

JessicaSarahS
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Damn, hotels in San Fran sure are pricey. Looks like I might be sidewalking it.

Stay in the east bay and take BART in?

Harry Seaward
02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Stay in the east bay and take BART in?

Yeah, I'm still checking out options. I've lived up in the mountains all my life so I often forget that public transport exists, let alone how extensive it is in the Bay Area lol. But a month and a half should be enough time to figure all of this out.

NotoriousTIMP
02-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Checking in for this show too! :D

Rdm
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
i will be there. I been to this venue many many times. It has great acoustics. Probably the 2nd best sounding venue behind the warfield . The venue has a upstairs that goes around the standing floor like a hockey ring. Super excited about it! I'm about to listen to the album when I feel like its the right time.

JessicaSarahS
03-23-2013, 02:04 PM
i will be there. I been to this venue many many times. It has great acoustics. Probably the 2nd best sounding venue behind the warfield . The venue has a upstairs that goes around the standing floor like a hockey ring. Super excited about it! I'm about to listen to the album when I feel like its the right time.

I thought you said you weren't going...

Harry Seaward
03-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Dear locals,

I'll be staying at some shitty hotel in the general area near the venue. What are some cool things to do in the area? Not so much looking for cliche touristy things, but more low key stuff. I heard there are some good Vietnamese restaurants around there? Any suggestions are appreciated, although I'm mostly interested in trying some good food and maybe checking out some rad local bars.

DigitalChaos
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM
2 weeks! I am excited.

DigitalChaos
04-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Dear locals,

I'll be staying at some shitty hotel in the general area near the venue. What are some cool things to do in the area? Not so much looking for cliche touristy things, but more low key stuff. I heard there are some good Vietnamese restaurants around there? Any suggestions are appreciated, although I'm mostly interested in trying some good food and maybe checking out some rad local bars.

It really depends on what you are into. This should give you some ideas: http://www.reddit.com/r/sanfrancisco/comments/hhted/compilation_of_the_what_to_do_in_sf_threads/

I can't think of a specific Vietnamese restaurant near the Regency but there are certainly some if you are willing to travel via cab/transit. Use yelp.com to find exactly what you are looking for and what is near you. The highly rated stuff (and ones with most ratings) are usually a good indicator of a solid place. It's great for finding those "hole in the wall" places that the locals love.

JessicaSarahS
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Agh! I was going to avoid spoilers, but I couldn't help it. The show looks fantastic and I'm so excited to see this.

DigitalChaos
04-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Anyone know the timing for this show? Doors open, DIIV starts, HTDA starts, etc?

Harry Seaward
04-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Agh! I was going to avoid spoilers, but I couldn't help it. The show looks fantastic and I'm so excited to see this.

So was I, but it seems everybody in Hollywood went to that show last night, so my Instagram and Twitter are plastered with pics. Oh well.

JessicaSarahS
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Anyone know the timing for this show? Doors open, DIIV starts, HTDA starts, etc?

Nope. My recent presale email said we we were supposed to get this info soon, but I haven't received anything.

DigitalChaos
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Nope. My recent presale email said we we were supposed to get this info soon, but I haven't received anything.
Damn
Please do post when you know!

JessicaSarahS
04-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Does anyone have any extras? I'm looking for 2 tix for a friend.

jessamineny
04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Does anyone have any extras? I'm looking for 2 tix for a friend.

Tickets are starting at $30 on Stubhub currently.

Harry Seaward
04-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Tickets are starting at $30 on Stubhub currently.

What the hell did I pay $56 for??

jessamineny
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM

Don't bitch too much. They're $5.75 for tonight's show in Vegas. $10 Monterey. $9 Toronto. $4 for Boston.

sheepdean
04-13-2013, 06:54 PM
You paid that to support a band you like, and also to not support touts.

Harry Seaward
04-13-2013, 07:25 PM
You paid that to support a band you like, and also to not support touts.

Yeah, but I bought it from the venue's site.

I have no problem buying tickets that price, if as much as possible of the money goes to the band. (I just wish modlife didn't shit out on me when I tried getting presale tickets.)

JessicaSarahS
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Got my email. Doors officially open at 7, but:

"We will not open doors to the general public until after all those in line to pick up HTDA pre-sale tickets at 6:45 PM have been processed into the building."

So 7ish?

Harry Seaward
04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
I'll be spending the night in the Reno Greyhound station tonight to get to San Fran so I can see this show.

It better be worth it! (jk I'm super stoked!)

Erik
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Doors at 7, DIIV on at 8. They usually end around 8:40. HTDA goes on at approximately 9. Their set is approximately 90 minutes.

DigitalChaos
04-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Anyone interested in meeting up before or during? I'll probably be up in SF around 4. Going to hit the ticket line between 6:00 and 6:30.

JessicaSarahS
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Anyone interested in meeting up before or during? I'll probably be up in SF around 4. Going to hit the ticket line between 6:00 and 6:30.

Sure! I'm planning on being there at 4 too, but we'll see if that happens. /procrastination.

DigitalChaos
04-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Sure! I'm planning on being there at 4 too, but we'll see if that happens. /procrastination.
I just PM'd you my cell. Shoot me a text or something when you are in the area. I'll be with my friend who is also seeing HTDA. I'll try to keep my on on the thread incase others want to meet up to.

Not sure what location to meet at but it's shaping up to be an awesome day. Outdoors might be great.

DigitalChaos
04-18-2013, 07:24 PM
The two ETS cool kids have checked in. Are the rest of you lurking?
Leviathant needs to get those ETS shirts going!

Erik
04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Finally at the venue lurking at the back of the ticketholder line on a stool but I have a nice view of the side of a semi.

JessicaSarahS
04-18-2013, 08:04 PM
The two ETS cool kids have checked in. Are the rest of you lurking?
Leviathant needs to get those ETS shirts going!

Yes! :D Where is everyone else?

Erik
04-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Poster #4 tonight. Again limit one signed per person.

richardp
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
So I'm guessing Chicago will have poster 6 out of 6 then, if they're just doing it by each show.

NotoriousTIMP
04-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Standing by the mixing desk as I type this. Recording the show once again and this venue sounds 10x better than the Monterey venue.....should be a great recording!

*edit* I'm roaming around in an AMAZON sweatshirt, if you see me say hello! :)

Erik
04-19-2013, 12:15 AM
We Fade Away right now ending my last show of the tour. In Vegas I could see everyone but Rob, so for SF I can only see Rob. Fitting. I made a video of Rob performing on Strings and Attractors for the haters. I made sure to keep Trent just out of frame.

Thank you How to destroy angels_ it was a great run.

Same set as the rest of the shows with an encore.

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 12:38 AM
JessicaSarahS an I are over at Tommy's Joint (1101 Geary) grabbing food.
I saw that Amazon shirt earlier in the day!

JessicaSarahS
04-19-2013, 06:18 AM
I had a great time at the show! The visuals were wonderful and the music came alive in the live environment. Now I really wish I had done two shows. :(

I've uploaded pictures from last night since I'm up late keeping an eye on this Boston situation.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8263/8663050684_9f3b4eedb0_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8245/8663038714_f733bdbf90_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8262/8663026870_9967f60d88_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8249/8663036904_c6923209bf_z.jpg

Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157633281547236/

JessicaSarahS an I are over at Tommy's Joint (1101 Geary) grabbing food.
I saw that Amazon shirt earlier in the day!

It was great to meet you! I had fun during our little ETS mini meetup :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8663055922_9887e0564b_z.jpg

jessamineny
04-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Nice! Did anyone get a photo of poster #4?

Erik
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Photos including Poster #4 here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shelleproductions/sets/72157633278543003/

Strings and Attractors from last night: http://youtu.be/vjpV__ducDU

TheDavidMurphy
04-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I've uploaded pictures from last night since I'm up late keeping an eye on this Boston situation.

Pictures like yours are making me kick myself that I didn't bring a better (i.e. non-smartphone) camera to the other shows. Arrghhh.

(which is to say, I'm jelly. Amazing shots.)

JessicaSarahS
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Pictures like yours are making me kick myself that I didn't bring a better (i.e. non-smartphone) camera to the other shows. Arrghhh.

(which is to say, I'm jelly. Amazing shots.)

Thanks! I took more photos than I had anticipated because I was in awe of the lighting so often. So pretty!

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow, those are awesome shots!

Erik
04-19-2013, 01:22 PM
I just want to echo everyone else and say thanks to @JessicaSarahS (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=20) for sharing her photos. I would have loved to have brought a better camera than my point and shoot and my cellphone to shows, but I couldn't. Your photos are great! Much better than most of the "professional" ones I've seen and it looks like you just used a point and shoot as well. Crazy!

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Did anyone notice the guy rocking the fuck out of the railing? Almost dead center on the balcony in the VIP seats... He was dancing just like the normal NIN lighting guy (Jason) and certainly looked like him.

The sound of this venue was great. I can't wait to hear the recording from NotoriousTIMP
Great show and some cool people!

Harry Seaward
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Did anyone notice the guy rocking the fuck out of the railing? Almost dead center on the balcony in the VIP seats... He was dancing just like the normal NIN lighting guy (Jason) and certainly looked like him.

Lol.

I was so very drunk. I apologize for causing a ruckus.

Fragile Teeth
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
have they been playing the same set?

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Lol.

Hah, that was you!? How the hell did you score the VIP seats?
And I thought the dancing was awesome. The crowd was a bit too still in my opinion.

You are a deadringer for this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9tm8OCx9A

Erik
04-19-2013, 03:28 PM
have they been playing the same set?

Every non-Coachella set has been the same so far. Coachella sets drop the encore.

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 04:07 PM
The encore was great. I hope we get some good video of it.

highfructose
04-20-2013, 12:03 AM

I was sat right next to Harry Seaward (swear I thought he was gonna go over the rail at a couple points :eek:). There were only about 10 reserved/VIP seats, which were dead center in the balcony. The rest were first-come, first-served.

As an aside, that was probably the largest crowd I've seen at the Regency Ballroom. Floor was packed, all upstairs seats (sans VIP) were taken, and there were people doing standing room only upstairs, too. Absolutely nuts - and absolutely awesome.

Harry Seaward
04-20-2013, 02:26 AM
And I thought the dancing was awesome. The crowd was a bit too still in my opinion.

You are a deadringer for this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9tm8OCx9A

Haha thank you.

Yeah, like highfructose mentioned I was sitting in the seats right next to the VIP ones but they weren't actually VIP. It was a pretty rad score I thought.

I was sat right next to Harry Seaward (swear I thought he was gonna go over the rail at a couple points :eek:).

Lol, which side of me were you on?

NotoriousTIMP
04-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I listened to my recording of the SF show while flying back to Seattle and I must say, its pretty damn solid :) I parked myself right in front of the mixing desk (as mentioned before) and tried to keep myself distant from other people so I wouldn't pick up their conversations (sadly, I did manage to get some dude saying "They sound like A Perfect Circle!" during the opening song. I'm working on getting the songs transfered to my computer and will post them up on Dime in the following week.....

gladcarrot
04-21-2013, 01:41 AM
I listened to my recording of the SF show while flying back to Seattle and I must say, its pretty damn solid :) I parked myself right in front of the mixing desk (as mentioned before) and tried to keep myself distant from other people so I wouldn't pick up their conversations (sadly, I did manage to get some dude saying "They sound like A Perfect Circle!" during the opening song. I'm working on getting the songs transfered to my computer and will post them up on Dime in the following week.....

So what has security been like, taping-wise?

Torgo
04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Lol.

If this is you, you looked like you were having a good time....

(This is not my video and I do not condone vertical filming.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTk-D7GYsY0&feature=youtu.be

DigitalChaos
04-21-2013, 10:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTk-D7GYsY0&feature=youtu.be
That's him!
I totally want to high-five him. Look at how dead the crowd is in that video. People need to MOVE!

BestTonyEver
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Did the signed posters come with a tube or should I bring one? Also did you happen to notice how long they lasted until they sold out?

I'm really hoping to snag one in Chicago tomorrow but nervous about my ability to get one.

TheDavidMurphy
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Did the signed posters come with a tube or should I bring one? Also did you happen to notice how long they lasted until they sold out?

I'm really hoping to snag one in Chicago tomorrow but nervous about my ability to get one.

Come with tube. At least, for all the shows I went to. Pretty durable tube, too. A++ quality.

Ash512
04-26-2013, 07:31 AM
On behalf of TOIOU/RITC for our HTDA live video : If you shot anything at the concert you'd like to share with us, please email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
We are most specifically looking for higher quality footage (1080p minimum, shot with DSLRs or pro cameras), closeups if possible, to help us cover for angles we may have missed in Chicago. I think we'll refrain from using iPhone footage but you can still let us know if you shot anything. It's sometimes hard to tell what you shot your YouTube videos with so I'll just let you contact me.

We would need you to be able to upload the whole original, uncompressed data to your own DropBox account (or any hosting site for that matter) and then send me a link with your full contact info (name, address, email, telephone).

Harry Seaward
04-26-2013, 12:24 PM

*video*

Oh god yes. You can easily tell how smashed I am. Maybe went a little overboard on the cocktails that night. I usually like to be nice and toasty for concerts, but I hate being one of those loud, annoying guys. At least I wasn't being too douchey and trying to start fights or anything lol.

That's him!
I totally want to high-five him. Look at how dead the crowd is in that video. People need to MOVE!

I'm glad it wasn't all bad. I definitely would have high-fived anyone in the general vicinity that night.

Also a side note. I was hanging around outside the venue (and also the bar next door) before the show, talking to people. Kinda rotating between the line in front and the alley on the side where the band/gear was being loaded in. I just happened to go back around the corner when Rob, Tamar, and Alessandro were going inside and I managed to get there just in time to shake Alessandro's hand and tell him I really love modwheelmood and SONOIO. I didn't take too much of his time because they were obviously in a hurry, but he is definitely the person in the band I had hoped to meet, so that worked out well enough.

Erik
04-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Some press coverage of this show:
http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/sanfrancisco/2013/04/tvd-live-how-to-destroy-angels-at-the-regency-ballroom-418/
http://www.sfweekly.com/slideshow/how-to-destroy-angels-the-regency-ballroom-39392754/

Ash512
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1463-2013-04-23-Chicago-IL-The-Vic?p=82924#post82924). If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.