PDA

View Full Version : Web Developers Unite

bgalbraith
11-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I know I'm not the only one ;)

What's a development tool you find useful?

Firebug (http://getfirebug.com/) is indispensable for front-end work, either on the design and mockup stage or for troubleshooting JavaScript and AJAX issues.

Malechite
11-30-2011, 09:28 AM
O hai.

I'm a Chrome guy, and the built in Chrome developer tools are everything firebug is and more :)

Also, firefox is bloated and shitty on macs =/

my day to day tools are basically Photoshop, Textmate with an auto rsync-on-save script to my dev box, Chrome with the inspector/tools open in another window undocked, Terminal with one tab tailing my error log, and another tab for randomness, github, and Tower (a nice mac GUI for git)

at home I use all the same tools, but have a Windows box with synergy for testing. at work someone else does my windows testing ;)

bgalbraith
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm a Chrome guy, and the built in Chrome developer tools are everything firebug is and more :)
Also, firefox is bloated and shitty on macs =/

I actually use Chrome most of the time, but got used to Firebug before Chrome's dev tools were good. I also use the Web Developer toolbar, mostly for doing quick XHTML validation and set screen size changes. I pretty much only use Firefox for Firebug and development purposes.

my day to day tools are basically Photoshop, Textmate with an auto rsync-on-save script to my dev box, Chrome with the inspector/tools open in another window undocked, Terminal with one tab tailing my error log, and another tab for randomness, github, and Tower (a nice mac GUI for git)

at home I use all the same tools, but have a Windows box with synergy for testing. at work someone else does my windows testing ;)

If I'm working on Python/Django or Ruby on Rails, I use the PyCharm and Ruby Mine IDEs, respectively. Both are by JetBrains and work well with good git and test integration. If I'm working on *sigh* Perl/Mason sites, I do all my work in emacs in an ssh terminal session =/

Rose34
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Im a Chrome Women love my photoshop and love the built in chrome deewloper tools......

Torgo
12-31-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't know how many web developers there are on this site... or if anyone has any free time for a side project - but I thought I'd ask anyway:

I'm looking to build a personal website to showcase my reel. Nothing extremely fancy. It's main purpose would be to embed a video on the main page and have an about page of some sort.

I have some money pushed aside for this, so if anyone wants a side project - PM me.