PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Series

Pages : [1] 2

WorzelG
08-15-2012, 03:52 AM
I've become obsessed with Resident Evil 4 lately, and am third of the way through the third play, trying to earn enough to buy an infinite launcher. When I first bought it years ago, I played it once, was completely disappointed, kept on getting killed, thought it was too action oriented, not enough survival horror. But recently I bought the HD edition on the PS3 (as I want to get rid of my PS2) and tried it out again and got hooked. Now I'm deciding whether to get the 2 that have come after.

Anyway, in order of my RE preferences :

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Resident Evil Code Veronica X
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil Directors Cut
5. Resident Evil Nemesis

Played Outbreak too, but that was insanely difficult due to the real time nature of it, gave up on it in the end

EDIT just realised I opened this in the wrong forum, sorry

jmtd
08-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Didn't realise RE4 was as old as it is. My brother was playing it at around the time I was playing Dead Space. I thoroughly enjoyed RE1 & 2 at the time. Having not played much since then, I thought Dead Space was great, but couldn't get my brother enthusiastic about it. At the same time I was watching him playing RE4 and thinking "christ this looks awful". Of course I could be very wrong, but the opinion I formed then was that my bro was sold on the RE story and saga rather than the gameplay, and that Dead Space improved the formula so much that it wiped the floor with RE4.

WorzelG
08-15-2012, 04:16 AM
I've not played Dead Space yet - so I guess that's another one on the list for presents!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-17-2012, 10:59 PM
^^^ You will love Dead Space!!

My favorite RE would have to be RE2. I loved the two disc feature being able to play as either Leon or Claire. Those two were always my favorite characters of the series. I remember in RE2, when you are in the interrogation room and the dog jumps through the glass; fuck that scared the shit out of me. The only thing I do not like about the new ones if that they are not really scary or creepy anymore like they used to be.

The new one had a lot of promise in the trailer, but god it just sucks on all ends. What a waste.

Well on order for me:

RE2
RE: Code Veronica
RE3: Nemesis
RE4
RE5
RE: Directors Cut

RE6 looks so good and glad to see Leon is back!

Space Suicide
08-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Pre-ordered 6 two weeks ago. Ziiiiiiiiiing.

nemesiswontdie
08-18-2012, 01:04 AM
^^^ You will love Dead Space!!

My favorite RE would have to be RE2. I loved the two disc feature being able to play as either Leon or Claire. Those two were always my favorite characters of the series. I remember in RE2, when you are in the interrogation room and the dog jumps through the glass; fuck that scared the shit out of me. The only thing I do not like about the new ones if that they are not really scary or creepy anymore like they used to be.

The new one had a lot of promise in the trailer, but god it just sucks on all ends. What a waste.

Well on order for me:

RE2
RE: Code Veronica
RE3: Nemesis
RE4
RE5
RE: Directors Cut

RE6 looks so good and glad to see Leon is back!

You really like CVX over RE3? You're the first person I know who is like that.

Edit: Looks like OP is that way too lolol.

Dead Aim is actually one of my favorite RE games. Has anyone played it? I think it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnS1j2L3Bxo

The order for me is:

1.RE3
2.Dead Aim
3.RE2
4.REmake/RE1 Original (just has that charm to it)
5.RE5
6.RE4
7.CVX.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-18-2012, 07:08 PM
You really like CVX over RE3? You're the first person I know who is like that.

Lol, yea I played the shit out of both games, but I felt CVX was pretty dam challenging. I enjoyed the story a lot, and I played it on Dreamcast so it holds a little nostalgia for me.

nemesiswontdie
08-21-2012, 10:04 PM
I prefer CVX over RE3, I thought it had a better story. RE3 to me has always felt like a side-story, good fun but it felt like a 'meanwhile, from Jill's POV' game next to Resident Evil 2.

That's exactly what it is lol.

To me, CVX was just trying to [re]summon a bad guy. Wesker. I think that's basically it's main purpose besides Claire and Chris meeting up again.

nemesiswontdie
08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
That's understandable. I played them when they first came out, so I might appreciate them more than I did CVX because I played CVX a few years after it came out since I didn't have a PS2.

Space Suicide
09-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Played the public Resident Evil 6 demo today.

Wasn't gonna download the demo this late in the game as I'll have it in a few weeks at launch anyways.

All three campaigns were unique in their own right. I found Leon's to be the true RE style and creepiest. Jack's seemed the most difficult due to the four legged lizard type enemies (bastards). Chris' seemed like a straight up third-person shooter, not that I mind as it's my favorite genre for gaming. I'm excited for the game now, I was kinda before but now I really am after playing this.

The cover system is horrible, then again this isn't a cover based game and it never was.

Space Suicide
09-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Going to the release party next Monday I decided, I need this game asap.

In the meantime, check this awesome video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zoqsgMzZX8&feature=related

WorzelG
09-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Just downloading the demo now although I won't be able to play till tomorrow, it's taking ages!
I still haven't played RE5 either but that's next on my list

Piko
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm going to probably wait and buy a used copy of RE6. I don't want to support Crapcom...

WorzelG
09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
I recently managed to pick up really cheap used copies of Silent Hill Downpour and RE5 from Amazon

exilajei
09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Played the demo for 6 today was completely underwhelmed. I managed to squeeze some enjoyment out of 5, but I don't think I'll even touch this one...

Space Suicide
09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Played the demo for 6 today was completely underwhelmed. I managed to squeeze some enjoyment out of 5, but I don't think I'll even touch this one...

You got that much of an opinion from a lousy 880 MB demo?

The Demo itself to me was quite fantastic for what they offered. I have some complaints like the shitty cover system, the lousy hit detection with melee often and the overall feel of the game, slowly getting less and less creepy and scary and more towards action orientated, which I'm quite all right with.

I'm seriously ready for next Tuesday to be here already.

nemesiswontdie
09-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I have some complaints.

1. The camera. God I hate this camera. It's WAY too zoomed in. Chris/Leon/Jake take up like 50% of the fucking screen.
2. The inventory. I was completely fine with the inventory system in RE5 (besides your vest taking up a inventory slot. It's like a vest in a vest pocket. PARADOX)
3. The controls to me seem funky. I tried them all and none of them really seem right to me. But that's just me.

The Reason Being
09-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I remember being about 9 and playing through the first one on the Playstation, I was really into any scary shit I could get my hands on and I remember thinking it wasn't scary at all, But then I got to this part where you find a note in a wardrobe (just after a zombie bursts out of it) and its this guy (can't remember who) writing down what is happening to him as he's slowly turning into a zombie. It really freaked me out. And then you realize, the zombie in the wardrobe was HIM!

Nightmares. Nightmares for days.

WorzelG
09-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Played the demo yesterday - the BOW in Chris' one I thought was really scary, although it was quite easy to just keep running back and forth on one of the balconies to avoid it

Space Suicide
09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Played the demo yesterday - the BOW in Chris' one I thought was really scary, although it was quite easy to just keep running back and forth on one of the balconies to avoid it

I'm sure you'll/we'll encounter it again later on in the game.

kdrcraig
09-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I still need to get around to playing through RE5. I bought the gold edition like a year ago and only played it for about an hour.

WorzelG
09-29-2012, 03:52 AM
^^me too - I have this tendency to give up on games really quickly if I can't get the hang of the controls soon enough and I found the controls in RE5 quite hard - and then play them properly years later and love them

Piko
09-29-2012, 09:09 AM
My problem with RE5 was Sheva. Terrible AI.

slave2thewage
09-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Some people got early copies of the game. I'm hearing good things about it!

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Guy on my friends list has a copy and he lives in England. I'm green. I'm stuck till Tuesday.

slave2thewage
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
My sister saw a copy out on display already but, alas, we are both broke until next week.

Jinsai
09-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I just hope they go back to actually being scary. There were some things I enjoyed about 5, some things I was irritated by, but overall the whole experience was ruined by the tame mood and feel. I hear in this one the zombies carry guns and act nothing like zombies?!?! Why do they do this?

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I just hope they go back to actually being scary. There were some things I enjoyed about 5, some things I was irritated by, but overall the whole experience was ruined by the tame mood and feel. I hear in this one the zombies carry guns and act nothing like zombies?!?! Why do they do this?

You mean the J'avo.

Why? They are mutated internally by the C-Virus and it is pretty much a living parasite that destroys the mind of rationality.

Jinsai
09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
You mean the J'avo.

Why? They are mutated internally by the C-Virus and it is pretty much a living parasite that destroys the mind of rationality.

No, my complaint is actually more to do with the fact that regular zombies are going to be carrying around guns and taking cover. At least that's what I think I read. I'm still going to give the game a chance, but that doesn't give me too much confidence that they're going to bring back the scary survival atmosphere that originally defined the game. Part 5 moved the series much more in an action direction, without tight enough gameplay to back it up. I have hope that this will surprise me.

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
No, my complaint is actually more to do with the fact that regular zombies are going to be carrying around guns and taking cover. At least that's what I think I read. I'm still going to give the game a chance, but that doesn't give me too much confidence that they're going to bring back the scary survival atmosphere that originally defined the game. Part 5 moved the series much more in an action direction, without tight enough gameplay to back it up. I have hope that this will surprise me.

The J'avo are essentially C-Virus infected people that are pretty much undead zombies but use gunpower at their disposal. They take cover also.

Days of survival horror are long gone.

exilajei
09-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Wasn't there "zombies" with guns in RE4 as well? Maybe I am remembering this incorrectly.

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Wasn't there "zombies" with guns in RE4 as well? Maybe I am remembering this incorrectly.

None I recall but memory is fuzzy.

Resident Evil 5 there are galore.

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I THINK there are a few Ganados that are decently near the end of the game that have guns but it's been so long since I've played RE4 so I am not 100% sure.

WorzelG
09-30-2012, 03:45 AM
The village Ganados tend to have hatchets / pitchforks etc, the Castle guards have some crossbow archers and in one spot two bazooka wielders, when you get to the Island there are some chain gun ones, but only a few. People say that RE4 is just action and no fear, but I thought the regenerators are some of the scariest monsters in the whole franchise

Other scary elements I thought were

The village at night when the Ganados start to spout parasites
When you first enter the castle and the castle priests are chanting
The blinded creatures that hunt you by sound
Being chased in the sewers by the creature

slave2thewage
09-30-2012, 08:59 AM
I thought 4 was great because it updated the gameplay while keeping the B-Movie atmosphere. Face it kids, Resident Evil is just crappy 50's sci-fi/horror movie plotlines updated to the modern era.

Space Suicide
09-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Sometimes I think I'm on of the only ones that really, really like 5. Story, gameplay, setting, atmosphere and all.

The Reason Being
09-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Was just reading about how they nearly made RE4 into a haunted house game. How the hell were they thinking of working that into the story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN31-3og5SI

I bet they were just gonna totally Scooby Doo us. That pesky Wesker.

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I thought 4 was great because it updated the gameplay while keeping the B-Movie atmosphere. Face it kids, Resident Evil is just crappy 50's sci-fi/horror movie plotlines updated to the modern era.

I didn't like RE4 because of Leon. That's basically it. Other than that, I agree with this whole post. RE isn't anything like it used to be. It's now got updated gameplay, camera and voice acting work and that's pretty much it. Everything else is still the same. Story wise and atmosphere wise.

Sometimes I think I'm on of the only ones that really, really like 5. Story, gameplay, setting, atmosphere and all.

I loved RE5 actually. I think people who co-oped it on one of their first playthroughs ended up enjoying RE5 more than people who just solo'd it.

Was just reading about how they nearly made RE4 into a haunted house game. How the hell were they thinking of working that into the story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN31-3og5SI

I bet they were just gonna totally Scooby Doo us. That pesky Wesker.

That's RE 3.5. Was originally 4 but scrapped that whole idea and that became Devil May Cry.

neorev
09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
i thought the Gamecube remake of the first game was pretty awesome
the graphics were a great improvement
Resident Evil Zero was ok. Great graphics at the time, but I love the original
those two games proved that Gamecube could have some amazing graphics, but they stuck with more family oriented games

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2012, 08:31 PM
REmake is one of the only games I can actually say that scared the living shit out of me.

DF118
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Resi 6 is getting a critical mauling. Gamespot just gave it 4.5.

Space Suicide
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Resi 6 is getting a critical mauling. Gamespot just gave it 4.5.

Official Playstation Magazine gave it a 9.0/10.

Just matter of opinion. I take reviews of any kind (album, movie, video game, book) with a grain of salt.

darktemplar007
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I've been reading that it's essentially just a generic third person shooter that has very little in the way of Resident Evil atmosphere or gameplay. The review over on Destructoid basically summed it up as non-stop action sequences that never really change pace at any point.

Space Suicide
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I've been reading that it's essentially just a generic third person shooter that has very little in the way of Resident Evil atmosphere or gameplay. The review over on Destructoid basically summed it up as non-stop action sequences that never really change pace at any point.

Third-Person Action/Shooter games are my favorite gaming genre so I have no complaints.

Piko
10-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Joystiq gave it a 3/5. Said it felt scattered and unpolished.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Yea, this game is getting bashed. Game Informer gave it an 8.75, IGN: 7.9, Gamespot: 4.5, PSM: 9.0. It is all a matter of opinion like what was said above, I still cannot wait to dive into this.

liquidcalm
10-02-2012, 02:02 AM
I wasn't big on the demo... it all felt a little off with absolutely zero tension across any of the three chunks.. its like they polished away all the niggles from the series and instead of having a good game, they had an average one with no character. I'll prolly wait til next year when its cheap before buying.. if I even get around to it.

nemesiswontdie
10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Been playing for 5 and a half hours and I'm on Chris' scenario (since I don't care for Leon) and so far I gotta say, it's alright at best. Nothing spectacular and nothing too bad either.

Piko
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm gonna wait until the price drops, most likely. Or maybe wait until December. Don't think there's anything coming out then and it'll probably be cheaper. Finally got around to playing the demo. It was alright.

Wretchedest
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Is the game play at least solid? A lot of the complaints i hear about the plot structure kind of just make me more interested...

Space Suicide
10-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I went straight to Jake's storyline first. Beat the second chapter a few ago. I must say it's not that easy at all...rather difficult actually. There's a huge shortage on ammo too. I run out quick.

Love it so far actually. Ustanak is a bastard.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I'll wait for black friday.

Piko
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Considering sucking it up and buying it Friday (payday). See how it goes. Black Friday doesn't sound like too bad of an idea though.

Space Suicide
10-02-2012, 07:51 PM
If you like Resident Evil's lore or story then this is a must buy.

If you're one of those "This isn't Survival Horror Anymore Oh NOEZ!!!1!!!1" then wait.

Piko
10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I do like the lore. I'm skeptical because it looks like they might be jeopardizing it. It hasn't been survival horror for years, yet I absolutely love RE4 and RE5. The demo just felt weird to me.

Space Suicide
10-02-2012, 09:38 PM
I do like the lore. I'm skeptical because it looks like they might be jeopardizing it. It hasn't been survival horror for years, yet I absolutely love RE4 and RE5. The demo just felt weird to me.

Well then you might just like it. The zig-zagging storyline arcs are a bit distracting and an over abundance but the game is fun as hell. The storylines do make sense when being played out. The game is better than read on paper. I've been having a blast all the time I've played it thus far. The gameplay is pretty slick.

Piko
10-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Man... I might cancel my reserve for NBA 2k13 to get it... Undecided now... Off tomorrow, and i'm considering playing through RE5.

WorzelG
10-03-2012, 02:28 AM
I only bought RE5 a few weeks ago so hopefully by the time I've played through that the prices might have come down

twilight explosion
10-03-2012, 05:29 AM
you can't forget this wonderful review http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

also i feel bad for everybody that bought six

Jinsai
10-03-2012, 05:49 AM
you can't forget this wonderful review http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

also i feel bad for everybody that bought six

well, to be fair, fuck at least 70% of the reviews from Destructoid, but I'm still not buying this game til I try it.

Also, that attention whore Tom Chick has given it an abysmally low score (just like he does to every good blockbuster game), which is a good sign to me... even if by the aggregate it seems he's probably at least somewhat correct this time, even if I'm 100% certain that this game doesn't deserve a 2/10 (and I say this without having played it, but still, come on).

liquidcalm
10-03-2012, 09:44 AM
2/10 implies that the game is fundamentally broken and unplayable... RE6 might not set the world on fire.. but at the very least you can play it... the way I think reviews should be done:
1-2 - the game is a glitchy mess that you can't finish
3-4 - you can finish the game, it may be buggy as hell, but not fun
5-6 - not too buggy, passable with some fun and even some good bits
7 - maybe a few flaws but there is fun to be had, lots of good bits
8 - minimal flaws, lots of good ideas, fun, a really good game
9 - something really special, goes above and beyond the norms for the genre(s) it sits in.
10 - a shining example of design, creativity, gameplay, polish, a true watershed moment.

For me, most games are judged far too highly, but people seem only content with 8+...that doesn't mean a game below that does not have value, in fact most games sit there as just average... there is fun to be had sure, but those higher scores should be for something that is really pushing the medium forward, otherwise reviews become a celebration of highly polished mediocrity.
</rant over>

WorzelG
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/14/conan-reviews-the-resident-evil-6-demo/

This made me laugh.

I always liked Leon, but what is it with the way he moves in this? It's like he has a limp or is a hunchback or something

Space Suicide
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't get the resounding hatred for this game. I like it, if that makes me a dork, sheep or otherwise money waster than so be it.

Time to finish Jake's single player gameplay today...3 chapters to go.

spiralout
10-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't get the resounding hatred for this game. I like it, if that makes me a dork, sheep or otherwise money waster than so be it.

Time to finish Jake's single player gameplay today...3 chapters to go.

I'm with you, I played through Leon's first chapter last night and had a blast. Then again I've been a fan of the series since the first game was released.

nemesiswontdie
10-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I've been a fan since RE2 came out and idk, I'm just not having fun with this game.

It's not even because there is no horror. That's not the case at all. I loved RE5 actually and there is no horror at all in that game, and Leon's first chapter was creepy. So that was cool.

It just feels like a chore to finish each chapter. A friend of mine is willing to buy it off of me for $45 once I'm done with it and I'm thinking about doing it cause I don't see myself playing this game after I beat Leon and Jakes scenarios (halfway through Leon's now and already finished Chris').

This is the first RE game that on my first playthrough that I'm not having fun.

WorzelG
10-04-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't like action games where there is a lack of ammo which I found in Leon's demo - however then I discovered his R1 kick which made up for it. I thought Chris had the best demo chapter

nemesiswontdie
10-04-2012, 03:02 AM
I don't like action games where there is a lack of ammo which I found in Leon's demo - however then I discovered his R1 kick which made up for it. I thought Chris had the best demo chapter

In Leon's demo? Really? I had barely any, next to no ammo the whole time through Chris' campaign.

WorzelG
10-04-2012, 03:23 AM

Sorry for double post, I thought it hadn't posted and did it again and it posted twice

Piko
10-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Its nothing compared to the first games. Ammo was much less sparse then than it is today. You didn't have to kill EVERYONE. You have the ammo, and you stretch it out. That was a huge factor of the "survival horror" element. If you had 20 bullets and 3 shotgun rounds, you didn't gripe about the lack of ammo, you figured out a way to make the situation work and conserve the shit out of your ammo. So I'm kinda glad they seem to have gone back to that.

Shoot when necessary and run like hell. That's Resident Evil. Decided that I'm definitely buying it tomorrow. My friends have been having a blast with it. So that seems like a go.

Space Suicide
10-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm always running out of ammo in Jake's chapters.

WorzelG
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
In Leon's demo? Really? I had barely any, next to no ammo the whole time through Chris' campaign.
Yes, I ran out when you had to shoot the guys in the door - I played Leon's chapter first though so was probably a bit more conservative with ammo in Chris'- I didn't run out at all

Space Suicide
10-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Played and beat Leon's campaign today via co-op with one of my friends. I can honestly say after playing as her, seeing her story and as a character that Helena Harper is my favorite female RE character besides Jill Valentine.

Started co-op on Chris' campaign today with the same friend. Only beat the first chapter.

I need to and plan to finish Jake's campaign solo tomorrow or this weekend.

Killing it big time on Mercenaries. Unlocked everyone's alternate costume besides Jake's.

I like Agent Hunt mode but it leaves a lot to be desired...I really want to play but it's hard to find a game that isn't ending within 2 minutes of joining. Also very difficult to even enact any damage to a player.

Unsure how it'll play out but I really, REALLY want this game to have a long life span and excellent follow-up support. I love Mercenaries so hopefully more characters, levels and costumes.

Single player add-ons? hard to see how and where but if they did/do: Awesome!

NEED MORE ACHIEVEMENTS ADDED AS WELL.

P.S. I'm loving this game, I really am.

exilajei
10-05-2012, 02:36 PM

So I decided to pick this up despite my dislike for what I played. I've beat every other main RE game to date, so I feel like I've got to give it a shot.

I have to say... I'm having a lot of fun with the Leon campaign so far. My main gripe with the demo was the Jake and Chris portions, where it felt like crazy shit was going on all over and the controls simply weren't allowing me to keep up. The slower pace of what I've played so far has been a lot better.

We'll see how it goes after this campaign, but as of right now, thumbs up.

Piko
10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Just picked it up as well. Hoping it plays better the demo, which was kinda rough. But despite the reviews, I've been hearing good things otherwise. Debating on who to start with. Probably Leon.

october_midnight
10-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Yikes.

"A flushed turd down a toilet drain." (http://kotaku.com/5949494/backhanded-box-quotes-a-flushed-turd-down-a-toilet-drain?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow)

Space Suicide
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Yikes.

"A flushed turd down a toilet drain." (http://kotaku.com/5949494/backhanded-box-quotes-a-flushed-turd-down-a-toilet-drain?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow)

What's with everyone's hate with this game and series since it's not 1998 Survival Horror anymore? I think that is an unfair opinion because of a comparison to earlier games that are over a decade old. Anyone ever think they wanted to always make the games like this but were unable to due to engines and the way 90's games played out? Not saying they did or wanted to but who knows with the devs.

Each game has been consistently progressing more towards action with horror and bio-terrorism overtones than "Oh NOEZ THERE'S ZOMBIEZ A FOOTZ!!!!11!" RE6 so far has given me what I look for in games: Enjoyment.

Everyone loved the action aspect of RE4 and ever since then they've been pushing the boundaries at making the games more action packed with gunplay and melee than with puzzles and horror. I've enjoyed every game I've played of the series in some fashion (Director's Cut, 2, 3: Nemesis, 4, Outbreak Case File #2, Umbrella Chronicles, 5: Gold, Operation: Raccoon City and now 6). I guess I am easier to please and okay with times changing. These games never scared me anyways. They might take me by surprise but never scared me. My fave genre of gaming is third-person shooters and the fact that RE is now in that category along with what remains of its horror I'm fine with it.

I'm not starting a debate I just am defending my point of view of why I enjoy it. Wanna hate, not play and downgrade it for comparing it to the older games than suit yourself. I am a fan of the older games but also find enjoyment in the new breed.

Resident Evil 6 garners a 1-3 rating out of 10? Give me a break. I save shit scores like to games that are glitchy, pathetically executed and not good playtime overall.

Piko
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm liking it so far. One thing that bugs me is getting ran over by random cars. Huge wtf moments. Other than that, I think it's pretty well done so far. Some people don't like progression... I absolutely hated operation racoon city. AI was a mess on that one. This one seems to continue the fast pace of 5, with the old school "don't waste you munitions" that hasn't been present since Code Veronica. Been great so far though (,other than getting killed by random vehicles).

Piko
10-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Stuck on the chapter 5 boss for Leon. I know what to do, but am still struggling... Meh. BTW, this game is awesome. 3-4 reviews... Idiots!

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Stuck on the chapter 5 boss for Leon. I know what to do, but am still struggling... Meh. BTW, this game is awesome. 3-4 reviews... Idiots!

Simmons? T-Rex Simmons? Fly Simmons? Which?

Told you.

Piko
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Fly Simmons. He want to pick up the guys I need him to. So he's always regenerating. Pain in the ass.

Space Suicide
10-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Fly Simmons. He want to pick up the guys I need him to. So he's always regenerating. Pain in the ass.

Yes, he was annoying but me and my friend shocked him good.

One chapter away from beating Jake's.

Piko
10-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Finally beat him last time. May have killed me 20+ times, but the last time, I slaughtered him. I kinda lucked out though with the rod. Started Jake's campaign now (chapter 3). Hated chapter 2. My vision is bad enough. And the guy who joined my game decided to just wander ahead without me. Thankfully someone joined as a creature and killed him. We breezed through after that. Not sure which was worse, the AI, or this guy. If you're trying to be undetected, sure, keep walking on the ice... I finished the chapter and sent him on his merry way.

Space Suicide
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Finally beat him last time. May have killed me 20+ times, but the last time, I slaughtered him. I kinda lucked out though with the rod. Started Jake's campaign now (chapter 3). Hated chapter 2. My vision is bad enough. And the guy who joined my game decided to just wander ahead without me. Thankfully someone joined as a creature and killed him. We breezed through after that. Not sure which was worse, the AI, or this guy. If you're trying to be undetected, sure, keep walking on the ice... I finished the chapter and sent him on his merry way.

I hated Chapter 2 of Jake's also. Incredibly dark, confusing and just unfun. Worst chapter in the game.

Piko
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I hated Chapter 2 of Jake's also. Incredibly dark, confusing and just unfun. Worst chapter in the game.

I couldnt see or figure out where to go. Then the sledding part also kinda sucked. Died a few times there. It didn't help that my partner just decided to run off on his own while I struggled catching up and finding him.

Deadpool
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
So... last night, my brother and I did split-screen Mercenaries for probably a straight 90 minutes, and I had a fucking BLAST. That mode is just as fun as it's ever been. I was a little afraid some of the magic would be gone due to the changes they made to the gameplay, but my fears were relieved once I got a hang of the new controls.

I love the addition of the quick-fire-from-the-hip (perfect for those pesky dogs), and the stingy ammo adds a very interesting shade of strategy to it. The first time I accidentally sprinted towards a zombie, slid towards them on my back while firing my assault rifle, I flipped. So cool! The new enemies are cool, too. We only played on one level, and never switched characters the entire time, so I know there's plenty more to be enjoyed.

My own copy FINALLY arrived today, so I'm stoked to dig into the campaigns. I'm also getting the feeling that this game might be more well-received once people start to play Ada's story, so I'm looking forward to unlocking that.

Long story short, based solely on Mercenaries, I'm very happy about my purchase... and I haven't even put my disc into the console yet. RE6 seems to be a game that thrives when playing with a friend. That said, I'm still psyched to go through at least 1 or 2 of the campaigns by myself.

Will report back once I've played more of the game!

Piko
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Finished Jake's campaign a little while ago. I had fun with it. Kinda anti-climatic though... The chemistry was good between Jake and Sherry though.

Space Suicide
10-10-2012, 12:18 AM
It might be becase I played as Piers Nivens in my Chris playthrough but I really, really felt sad at the end of it. Not gonna state why due to spoilers.

october_midnight
10-10-2012, 01:54 AM
well, to be fair, fuck at least 70% of the reviews from Destructoid, but I'm still not buying this game til I try it.

Also, that attention whore Tom Chick has given it an abysmally low score (just like he does to every good blockbuster game), which is a good sign to me... even if by the aggregate it seems he's probably at least somewhat correct this time, even if I'm 100% certain that this game doesn't deserve a 2/10 (and I say this without having played it, but still, come on).

I'm with you on Tom Chick (I read his reviews occasionally simply for the lulz), but I just got back from my wife's friend's new condo and her friend's boyfriend and I sat for about an hour or so with a few beers trying out RE6 and holyyyy shit. How anyone could find this game good in literally any respect baffles the shit out of me. I'm almost glad I didn't play 4 or 5 if they were anything even slightly resembling this. Then we split-screened Borderlands 2 for fifteen minutes or so to wash the taste out lol.

I swear if I would've had to sit through another QTE watching the game I was gonna leave haha...

slave2thewage
10-10-2012, 02:48 AM
I just started playing it. It's kinda fun, in a "OMG this is insanely cheesy" way. I have to say that it's MASSIVE, which is a plus so far. I'm on the Leon campaign so that may be why I'm not hating it right away.

I think I may play the Jake campaign as Sherry Birkin just to disgust the teenage hater that still dwells within me.

twilight explosion
10-13-2012, 05:15 AM
rented this game with gamefly. this game should just be called michael bay: the game. fucking explosions happening just because man.
Also because the story is pretty fucking retarded

Piko
10-13-2012, 11:42 AM
The story was never a strong suit for the series. Start off clueless, find out some sort of conspiracy, end it. Been the same formula since the beginning. Personally, I don't mind it. The story for all the games are enough to get me to continue playing. I like the story for this one tbh. Not a story that I'd call amazing, but it does well enough.

And Chris's ending was kinda sad.

didn't really care for Piers, but I felt kinda bad when he did what he did. Have a feeling, though, that he's not dead and will end up in the next one. Spared chris this time, but I don't think it'll be that way next time

Space Suicide
10-17-2012, 04:53 PM
The story was never a strong suit for the series. Start off clueless, find out some sort of conspiracy, end it. Been the same formula since the beginning. Personally, I don't mind it. The story for all the games are enough to get me to continue playing. I like the story for this one tbh. Not a story that I'd call amazing, but it does well enough.

And Chris's ending was kinda sad.

didn't really care for Piers, but I felt kinda bad when he did what he did. Have a feeling, though, that he's not dead and will end up in the next one. Spared chris this time, but I don't think it'll be that way next time

No, he did die. He went with the facility but he helped Chris take out the Haos to the very end. Don't know if you noticed during Chris' escape scene of him in the escape pod but there was one final burst of lightning signaling his last help for his Captain. He is dead though. Still saddening.

Finally decided to take the time and begin Ada's campaign. I already have done the first two chapters. I'd call her playthrough a 'Best Of' as it features same, best places in every other campaign. Still enjoying it.

News, even though over a week old. Might as well post:

In a recent blog post from Capcom Unity, it has been announced that two free DLC items will arrive for Resident Evil 6 (http://www.trueachievements.com/Resident-Evil-6/achievements.htm) as a title update sometime in the near future. Firstly, this title update will add the new, even harder, ‘No Hope difficulty mode’ which will push your BOW combating skills to their limits.

The update will also add a co-op partner for Ada's campaign, though there has been no confirmation as to who her partner will be. The campaign was originally meant as a solo experience for Ms Wong, but this change will now allow you to play through with a friend if you need someone to hold your hand. Additionally, this update will make Ada's campaign available from the start instead of having to complete all three of the primary campaigns beforehand.

To clarify, Capcom have said that “some data of this update is on the disc, but said data is incomplete and requires the actual download to access”. All future paid DLC, such as the multiplayer modes (http://www.trueachievements.com/n10580/resident-evil-6-dlc-detailed.htm) that were revealed last month, are not on the disc.

Piko
10-18-2012, 07:58 AM
No, he did die. He went with the facility but he helped Chris take out the Haos to the very end. Don't know if you noticed during Chris' escape scene of him in the escape pod but there was one final burst of lightning signaling his last help for his Captain. He is dead though. Still saddening.

Finally decided to take the time and begin Ada's campaign. I already have done the first two chapters. I'd call her playthrough a 'Best Of' as it features same, best places in every other campaign. Still enjoying it.

News, even though over a week old. Might as well post:

I dunno...

he may have gone down with the facility, but I still believe Piers may be alive. That last bolt to save chris could've been the last of his humanity. He turned into a BOW, they survive some pretty ridiculous circumstances.

And personally, I think they should leave the Ada campaign alone. Or at least make the co-op partner optional. Its fine as is.

Space Suicide
10-18-2012, 09:17 AM
I dunno...

he may have gone down with the facility, but I still believe Piers may be alive. That last bolt to save chris could've been the last of his humanity. He turned into a BOW, they survive some pretty ridiculous circumstances.

And personally, I think they should leave the Ada campaign alone. Or at least make the co-op partner optional. Its fine as is.

Who knows. I believe he is dead. The Wikia for the series states it and lots of members from various RE outlets. Who knows?

I don't mind it. But as I'm playing it and how it ties in with stories already...I find it pretty difficult to even have that so she does have a co-op partner. Rumor speculation has it so that it is HUNK as her partner.

Space Suicide
10-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm beasting it!

http://i.imgur.com/oeUDG.png

Space Suicide
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/395047_511445008876391_215368255_n.jpg

Enhance your Resident Evil 6 multiplayer experience with 3 new modes, Survivors, Predator and Onslaught, available on Xbox 360 from 18th December for 320 MS Points each or all 3 as a bundle for 720 MS Points. You can watch some exclusive gameplay of each mode here:

Survivors Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlcs
Predator Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlcp
Onslaught Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlco (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsmarturl.it%2Fre6dlco&h=5AQFHWcVJ&s=1)

Big time excited. No mention for PS3 users but probably gonna be the Call of Duty route and be available to those players in January. Can't wait to dive back in and play this again. These videos look fun.

Space Suicide
12-21-2012, 01:02 AM
New DLC Multiplayer Modes rule. Surprisingly fun. I hope we get more Mercenaries characters in future DLC. Love to play as Wesker, cliche of me huh?

Also, LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLL90q3as4M

Space Suicide
01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Resident Evil: Revelations To get HD Port To Consoles (http://www.trueachievements.com/n12043/resident-evil-revelations-coming-to-consoles.htm)

Fuck yeah, I'm getting this shit.

Piko
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Hell yeah! Good thing I put off getting the 3DS version.

nemesiswontdie
01-23-2013, 08:01 AM
I'll be passing on that. I hate to say it since I've been a fan since I was a kid, but I'm done with this series. RE6 was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Space Suicide
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
I'll be passing on that. I hate to say it since I've been a fan since I was a kid, but I'm done with this series. RE6 was the final nail in the coffin for me.

To be fair this came out before 6 and evidently follows the flow of 5 and 4 in gameplay but has elements and atmosphere of the earlier titles. Of course that doesn't mean anything, suit yourself.

Piko
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
I actually enjoyed RE6. So I say bring it on.

nemesiswontdie
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
To be fair this came out before 6 and evidently follows the flow of 5 and 4 in gameplay but has elements and atmosphere of the earlier titles. Of course that doesn't mean anything, suit yourself.

Yeah I know that, but even when they announced it, it still didn't look that interesting.

Space Suicide
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCSzaInVlk&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

Plays like 5 it looks like. I'm fine with that!

Space Suicide
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I know I'm probably the only one here that had any interest or bothered to buy Revelations today but I must say thus far I am LOVING it. Such a huge departure from 6 and it plays like RE5 but with a better engine upgrade. RE5 is my favorite from the series so I'm glad it's more like it. The story is engaging and the Raid Mode is going to make me waste so many hours of my time. It's so freaking fun. I love it. I can't wait till my RE game partner gets the game this Friday in the UK then I'm really gonna go to town on it. It's going to be my game for the Summer along with Gears of War: Judgment.

Piko
05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm going to get this eventually. Possibly the next game I pick up. Looks like they went back to their horror roots (I played the 3DS demo).

Deepvoid
05-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Just bought RE6 on PS3 but haven't played yet. I really liked the 5 except for the can't walk and shot at the time thing.
I know it's a "tradition" but one I was not familiar with... and it sucks.

So how's RE6?

Space Suicide
05-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm going to get this eventually. Possibly the next game I pick up. Looks like they went back to their horror roots (I played the 3DS demo).

The atmosphere is creepy and really narrow. The game is dark and murky as well. One section had me iffy on exploration as I didn't want to deal with some enemies. There's lots of open exploration, backtracking and a sense of being alone in this game.

Raid Mode is fun as fuck. I love it. Raymond Vester will be my main man until I unlock a few characters to experiment with.

Just bought RE6 on PS3 but haven't played yet. I really liked the 5 except for the can't walk and shot at the time thing.
I know it's a "tradition" but one I was not familiar with... and it sucks.

So how's RE6?

I liked RE6. It got a lot of unnecessary hate and negativity. The game is really long and has a lot of content for the price. I enjoyed it. It's worth playing.

If you had the option between 6 and Revelations, go with the latter.

Piko
05-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I liked RE6 as well. Had its problems. But not enough to ruin anything.

Space Suicide
05-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I've only just begun!

http://i.imgur.com/uNnjW35.png

Space Suicide
08-05-2014, 12:15 PM
omgomgomgomgomg

Resident Evil Remastered is getting an HD remaster for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 (and I assume PC)!

720p and 1080p and will be released Early 2015 via digital release ONLY.

Comparison -

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/032427.jpg

virushopper
08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm waiting on Evil Within.

Space Suicide
08-05-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm waiting on Evil Within.

Revive the thread? :p (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3115-The-Evil-Within)

Piko
08-05-2014, 01:41 PM
So, this is an HD port of the gamecube remake? Maybe there's still hope for a port of RE0.

virushopper
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
So, this is an HD port of the gamecube remake? Maybe there's still hope for a port of RE0.
Yep

Revive the thread? :p (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3115-The-Evil-Within)
Nah, nothing new right now.

Space Suicide
09-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxYGF8R3EM&amp;feature=youtu.be

Space Suicide
09-10-2014, 12:00 PM
http://www.totalxbox.com/81081/resident-evil-revelations-2-is-a-weekly-episodic-title-starring-claire-redfield/

Welp, guess I'm stuck waiting while everyone else plays because I prefer to have a physical copy.

:(

Thiah
09-14-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm so glad Claire is back! She's probably my favorite RE character after Jill. I'm not getting the episode concept though. Wtf

spiralout
09-17-2014, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsAYj3PwM4

Okay...this looks pretty awesome. I have yet to play the first Revelations, and it's on sale now on PSN for like $13. Worth it?

Piko
09-17-2014, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsAYj3PwM4

Okay...this looks pretty awesome. I have yet to play the first Revelations, and it's on sale now on PSN for like $13. Worth it?

Never played it. but, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Might have to scoop it up.

Dr Channard
12-05-2014, 04:48 PM
The idea of a Resident Evil remastered edition is great, not having been able to play the earlier 2000's release myself. I'd be an even bigger fan if the powers that be were to go ahead and remaster the first 3 Resident Evil games and release them as a single package deal. Although I'm not much on downloading games, since I am a RE fan and this is a remastered edition and not just a straight port, I may get this eventually. :rolleyes:

Space Suicide
12-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Sucks for big RE fans like me who want a disc version of Revelations 2 and are stuck waiting till the retail release AFTER the digital episodes are all out. I want to play ASAP but am stuck waiting since disc is out after all episodes are out. It sucks.

virushopper
12-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I was playing RE3 the other day and I realize we need more Nemesis-style threats in the series.

Nothing more scary when you're 10 minutes into the game and the boss comes right at you!

Space Suicide
12-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I was playing RE3 the other day and I realize we need more Nemesis-style threats in the series.

Nothing more scary when you're 10 minutes into the game and the boss comes right at you!

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/10354/2262757-cg_ustanak__1_.jpg

But I guess since it's Resident Evil 6 people like to shit on it or never give the game credit for anything.

virushopper
12-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Yep. I didn't dig it for 6.

Dr Channard
01-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Resident Evil HD Remaster looks amazing. Jeez, if only I had a PS4 I’d be on this. Anyone out there have it? Any feedback?

Space Suicide
01-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Resident Evil HD Remaster looks amazing. Jeez, if only I had a PS4 I’d be on this. Anyone out there have it? Any feedback?

Pre-loaded/ordered on my Xbox One and started it this afternoon. It's pretty much perfect. The new control scheme is a throwback but modern and works well (I love it). The static backgrounds have a cool washed out effect that make the textures look like an oil painting (weird and offputting description right?). The lighting effects on the walls, with what barely any lit areas there are, are extremely good. The character models are flawless. They look like they were made this year (I know they were tweaked and fixed, etc) and tossed out to play with now. Both Chris and Jill have RE5 outfit/appearance choices, as well as classic RE1 ones.

I've only put like an hour into Jill's story portion so far (just got the key from the knight shield death trap bit) with collective success, not counting failures, no save drawbacks and deaths.

You'd better buy it if you like RE, it'd be stupid not to.

spiralout
01-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Pre-loaded/ordered on my Xbox One and started it this afternoon. It's pretty much perfect. The new control scheme is a throwback but modern and works well (I love it). The static backgrounds have a cool washed out effect that make the textures look like an oil painting (weird and offputting description right?). The lighting effects on the walls, with what barely any lit areas there are, are extremely good. The character models are flawless. They look like they were made this year (I know they were tweaked and fixed, etc) and tossed out to play with now. Both Chris and Jill have RE5 outfit/appearance choices, as well as classic RE1 ones.

I've only put like an hour into Jill's story portion so far (just got the key from the knight shield death trap bit) with collective success, not counting failures, no save drawbacks and deaths.

I need to play this. It'll be awhile though, I have a small back catalog of games that I need to beat before I purchase another. Everything I've read about it has me pumped. Can't wait to revisit the mansion!

Dr Channard
01-21-2015, 06:53 AM

Great thoughts, thanks.

I’m consoleless at the moment, but I’ll keep this game in mind for when I do step back into console gaming. In some ways it feels great how the RE series has evolved over the years, but in other ways it feels like the original has yet to be matched by the franchise. It’s good to see this game was kept true to the spirit of the original as a slower paced survival horror theme, and not simply updated to be an action run-and-gun affair that today’s gamers would be more used to. And from the images, the mansion looks great, very detailed, fixed camera, creepy and bizarre just as it should be.

bruised
01-23-2015, 09:00 PM
I've got it on ps4, it's awesome. I skipped it on gamecube, so this is all new to me. It's so good to be back, but different. I really like the widescreen option.

Thiah
01-27-2015, 05:03 AM
I overestimated my ability to play this game again since the original on playstation. I chose to start with Chris on normal and soon found myself limping around hallways with no ammo and was supposed to kill two dogs to get a collar. -__- had to start a new game. I went with Jill on the easiest mode for my first run through. On a side note: when did crimson heads get in this game? The GC remake?

Space Suicide
02-25-2015, 01:15 PM
So

I ended up not buying the disc version of Revelations 2! I bought the complete season pass which includes everything MINUS Wesker. I bought him for $2.49. So essentially I got what i could get with the disc version right now and for over $15.00 of savings.

spiralout
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
So

I ended up not buying the disc version of Revelations 2! I bought the complete season pass which includes everything MINUS Wesker. I bought him for $2.49. So essentially I got what i could get with the disc version right now and for over $15.00 of savings.

How's the first episode? I read some decent reviews.

I'm right in the middle of the HD Remaster and I'm seriously loving it. Having not played the Gamecube version, this may be the best RE game I've ever played. It looks great, plays great and I haven't had a RE game creep me out this much since playing the PS1 version like 18 years ago.

Space Suicide
02-26-2015, 12:37 PM
How's the first episode? I read some decent reviews.

I'm right in the middle of the HD Remaster and I'm seriously loving it. Having not played the Gamecube version, this may be the best RE game I've ever played. It looks great, plays great and I haven't had a RE game creep me out this much since playing the PS1 version like 18 years ago.

I've only played Claire's part (Chapter One I assume?) and I am enjoying the atmosphere and mystery. Great stuff so far. I like Raid Mode but it was better in the first Revelations game, sadly. The Raid Mode levels so far have been Resident Evil 6 levels...weird but cool.

I need to play RE Remastered again. I only played it 2 days and got halfway through Jill's story before other games took my time away. Rather dedicate time to new games and such.

Space Suicide
02-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Beat the first episode entirely. Interesting stuff. Glad to see it mentions old lore. Recommended! Fun stuff.

There's enemies in the game that are infected to Uroboros, you know, that giant super virus Wesker wanted to use in Resident Evil 5. I'm thinking the island you play on is infected with it due to a small strain of it being out there or maybe this was the creation facility that links to Tricell. Who knows?! Let's find out.

Dr Channard
05-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Snagged a copy of RE Revelations earlier today. A few hours in and I just beat ch.3. So far it’s nothing really special, but I still like it.

Dr Channard
06-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I beat Revelations yesterday. A friend had hyped the game up to me, knowing I’m a big fan of the originals he said that I’d like it because it was more like them. It really isn’t at all anything like the original, it is clearly molded in the RE 4-5 gameplay style, but it was still a fun game. I’m getting into the raid mode now, which I already like much better than the old mercenaries mode because, no fucking timer!

nemesiswontdie
06-06-2015, 11:07 PM
On a side note: when did crimson heads get in this game? The GC remake?

Super late reply, but REmake was the first RE game to have Crimson Heads.

If you're asking when do they first appear in REmake. I believe they first show up once you find all the death masks.

Dr Channard
07-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Looks like Resident Evil 0 is getting an HD remaster. I never got to play the original so I don’t know, but this looks like it might be good.

Dr Channard
07-22-2015, 10:44 AM
It looks like some fans have been working on a RE2 remake (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/youll-be-able-to-play-this-fan-made-resident-evil-/1100-6429063/).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CXf0PwSzc

I wonder if Capcom will let this fly without giving any problems? Unless they already had plans in motion to do an official remake of 2, I think it would be cool on their part to not make any waves.

Piko
07-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Knowing capcom, it possible it'll get shut down. Legally, it should be fine as long as there's no profit from it. But Konami showed that isn't the case with the Metal Gear remake some fans were doing.

Dr Channard
08-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Well, it looks like Capcom is moving ahead with an official remake of 1998's Resident Evil 2 (https://games.yahoo.com/news/resident-evil-2-remake-happening-152435515.html). Way to go Capcom! Can you please buy the rights for Silent Hill as well?

spiralout
08-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Well, it looks like Capcom is moving ahead with an official remake of 1998's Resident Evil 2 (https://games.yahoo.com/news/resident-evil-2-remake-happening-152435515.html). Way to go Capcom! Can you please buy the rights for Silent Hill as well?

Great news! Let's hope that it follows the footsteps of REmake and the upcoming Zero remake. Talking about static backgrounds and multi angle cameras.....not the over the shoulder shooter style that modern RE titles have adopted.

Right now I'm playing through the Revelations 2 campaign and enjoying it quite a bit.

Dr Channard
08-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Let's hope that it follows the footsteps of REmake and the upcoming Zero remake. Talking about static backgrounds and multi angle cameras.....not the over the shoulder shooter style that modern RE titles have adopted.

Right now I'm playing through the Revelations 2 campaign and enjoying it quite a bit.

I totally agree. Those fixed backgrounds and strange camera angles were perfect for that brooding survival horror aspect the early games embodied. They wouldn’t work for the more shoot 'em up action style that 4-6 adopted where you battle enemies bigger than buildings and others who seem to move at light speed.

Capcom gives us the best of both worlds. Remakes that cater to survival horror, and new installments that are more action shooters, catering to both audiences. Konami gives us Pachinko. I guess I’ll have to go to a Japanese gambling house to play the new Silent Hill.

I need to pick up Revelations 2 soon, the first one was good.

Dr Channard
08-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Looks like the RE2 fan remake project has been dropped due to the official Capcom remake. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-fan-remake-project-abandoned-at-ca/1100-6429822/)

InvaderGames, the fan-group behind Resident Evil 2: Reborn, has confirmed it is abandoning work on the project at the request of Capcom.

Posting on NeoGAF, a member of the development explained it agreed to halt progress because Capcom revealed plans to officially remake the game itself, and has done so on good terms.

"Contrary to what might be thought, [the announcement of an official remake] is wonderful news for us," the statement reads. "As fans, we're so happy that Capcom has decided to take the lead [on] the project."

The statement continues: "Nobody could bring the 1998 masterpiece back to life better than the creators themselves."
According to the statement, InvaderGamers has also been invited to meet with Capcom's development team "to discuss further ideas."

Reflecting on the project, InvaderGames said it was happy with how well fans responded to its work. "Even though we cannot complete the Resident Evil 2: Reborn project, we're happy what we've shown [was supported] by fans worldwide and has been noticed by Capcom itself. We promise that the work done until now will be useful for future projects."

In July 2015, it was reported the fan-made Resident Evil remake had caught Capcom's eye, and the Japanese company asked for "honest opinions" regarding the desire for a re-release.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, producer of the Resident Evil HD Remaster, later confirmed he had pitched an official remake to his bosses. The outcome of the meeting was eventually confirmed when the Capcom-led Resident Evil 2 was revealed.

Hirabayashi indicated the project is in the very early stages of development and "it will be some time before [Capcom] can bring you an update on this project."

Although details have to be confirmed, it is believed Resident Evil 2 will be completely remade for modern consoles.

I’ve said it before, but it’s cool to see Capcom respond well like this to the fans.

Piko
08-18-2015, 08:28 PM
They sure didn't want to do it at first. People were telling them what they wanted. Did they really need to ask? If they had just come out of nowhere and announced it, people would still have been all over it. Still, pretty hyped for the remake.

Space Suicide
06-13-2016, 09:49 PM
HOLY SHIT. VII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FDGBqqfKk

Resident Evil VII will be made available January 24, 2017. If you can’t wait for then, a demo is fully available after the conference.
After the rose tinted goggles are off and reading this game is all First person I am skeptical....

It looks good but no third person or our favorite characters make this a bit of a snooze for me but who knows. Awaiting the demo arrival on the store until then.

Piko
06-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Not sure what I think of this. I thought it was Outlast 2. Imagine my surprise when they announced what it was. This could be very good or very bad, imo.

bruised
06-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Looks fucking freaky.

nemesiswontdie
06-13-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm pumped for this. Especially with VR because that's the main reason I want VR - horror games. Also I think it looking like PT is a good thing. We'll never get PT and the fan made 'Allison Road' was cancelled as well, so this is about as good as it's going to get to PT. I'm also glad it looks like a whole different game than the rest of the series because what we got with RE6 and REV2 - it NEEDED a reboot. If it's not a reboot then they'll definitely have to connect the games and I'm sure they will in some manner.

I have faith in this and it looks great. It feels nice to be able to say that because I haven't been able to say I've been excited for an RE game in a very very looooooong time.

Definitely going to grab the demo here in a bit.

Piko
06-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Don't think the demo is up yet. I can't find it. Really want to try it out.

Wretchedest
06-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Man, I was thinking the whole time that the demo was trying to ape "PT" pleasantly surprised to see it was RE. Stoked to try the demo, maybe they'll pick up what Silent Hills dropped.

nemesiswontdie
06-14-2016, 04:58 AM
So it essentially is PT. Creepy abandoned house, very few electronics working, dark setting and atmosphere and they even decided to put the ghost girl from PT into the game. Or at least looks just like her.

It's fantastic. It capitalizes on PT's theme, setting and vibes while not feeling like a cheap knock off. I'm really digging it. If the whole game is going to be as creepy as the demo was, it's going to be the best RE game since REmake, and that's a hard thing to do.

Space Suicide
06-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Great demo but nothing at all struck me that I was playing a RE game. Seems to lack any lore connection to the main series. YES, I know it was ONLY a teaser demo. So I know I can't be too harsh but this is a HUGE departure. No third person, no sense of familiarity, no organization affiliation. Eh.

Unsure how I feel.

nemesiswontdie
06-14-2016, 10:43 PM
no organization affiliation.

It's kind of a stretch, but there's a picture of a helicopter with the Umbrella logo on it and on the back of the picture it reads "Is this helicopter following us?".

Also this:
https://m.gamefly.com/news/29267

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Reminded me of Silent Hill 2 the entire time I was playing to be honest, and that is a great thing. Bring it on!

Piko
06-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Not sure what my opinion on it is. Finished in about a half hour. Doesn't feel like resident evil at all.

spiralout
06-15-2016, 02:12 PM
The demo didn't exactly feel like a Resident Evil game, but I enjoyed it. The only real connection to past games/lore I saw were the picture of the Umbrella Corporation helecopter. It seemed to me that the maybe the family that lives in the house that you are in are possibly keeping one of their own that has been mutated by some form of the T/G virus. If they go in that direction I think this could actually work.

I have high hopes, I'm a huge RE fan.

Piko
06-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Doesn't feel like a resident evil at all. Personally, I wouldn't call it RE7 or even Resident Evil. It's not bad. But, it's so drastic of a departure that some people might not be able to overlook the change (like me and many others). Some are already dismissing and saying it sucks. I just say it's not really a resident evil game. And the amount of what the demo had wasn't really enough for me to really cast judgement on whether or not it'll be good or not. Resident Evil VR would've been a better name for it, imo.

Dr Channard
06-20-2016, 08:31 PM
After the action stuffed format of RE 4, 5, and 6 (plus some of the spin-off games) the series was past due to shake things up some. This has me real intrigued.

Piko
06-20-2016, 08:44 PM
I agree that the series needed a shake up. But calling it RE7 and it not having anything to do with the rest of the series is just puzzling. I'd either reboot the series of call it something else like Resident Evil: ?????. Not RE7.

bruised
06-21-2016, 11:13 PM
The demo is awesome, I was freaked out and loved it. How many times does it change?

Space Suicide
09-15-2016, 09:21 PM
New information, pricing and video on RESIDENT EVIIL (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-resident-evil-7-demo-announced-with-terrifying/1100-6443602/)

Space Suicide
01-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Tomorrow is release day...I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition from Gamestop. I'm still on the fence with this game (with the lack of lore tie in to the usual characters and such) but I'm optimistic.

Piko
01-24-2017, 12:10 AM
I'm on the fence as well. I'm assuming it ties into the series somehow or else they wouldn't have called it 7. I'm not huge into fps horror games either. Played Outlast and wasn't into it. PT was cool though.

I just don't understand why they didn't just reboot the series.

AndItKeepsRepeating
01-24-2017, 01:07 AM
I just don't understand why they didn't just reboot the series.

pretty sure that's kind of exactly what they're doing. Im excited to get this in the mail tomorrow

Piko
01-24-2017, 08:37 AM
pretty sure that's kind of exactly what they're doing. Im excited to get this in the mail tomorrow
They are, but they're insisting that they haven't. That it fits with the canon. I'm probably going to pick it up since I have a gift card.

wizfan
01-24-2017, 11:31 AM
I love what they did with their promotional campaign. They even hired actors that look and talk like the game characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stIKyAezbGI

But, yeah, the mere fact that it capitalized on PT's success was ugly. RE4 was the last great risk that the franchise took. RE5 and RE6 played it safe and were clearly made to appeal to fans of big, dumb action. If Silent Hills was actually completed, RE7 would have probably ripped that off. "Simpsons did it, Simpsons did it!"

slave2thewage
01-24-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't have a PS4 yet (soon). Can someone spoiler about how this fits with canon? I don't see any connections with what I've read about it already.

thefooman007
01-24-2017, 11:49 AM
gamestop let pro members get it yesterday at 9. So far what I've played.... get it. The first scene is intense. I haven't been impressed with RE in sooooo long. $60.00 well spent.

Piko
01-24-2017, 11:58 AM
The response seems to be pretty positive so far. I'm picking it up later. I'm going to hold off though. KH2.8 comes first.

Space Suicide
01-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Game is great so far just had my hand cut off but stopped to watch some shows before resuming later however nothing strikes me for this being a Resident Evil title at all yet. Nothing seems to be involved with our heroes or corporations. I know I'm not far in but I doubt we'll get any connection.

Ripe(withdecay)
01-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Well, my local GameStop released it really early last night about around 9 PM. So I picked it up, and already beat it within 10 hours. In saying that, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. It's terrifying, beautiful graphically, and pretty intense most of the time. I only got the first ending, and I already burnt myself out that I doubt I'll go for ending two. I can't wait to see how they continue the series after this one. I recommend it if you loved the first Resident Evil.

ryanmcfly
01-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Never was a huge Resident Evil fan. I enjoyed RE5 because of the coop and the camera. RE6 was meh. Just picked up the new one from Redbox and it's a breath of fresh air from the last two. I agree with the previous posts about it not seeming like it's part of the original story arc. But I'm only about an hour into the game.

theburningreptile
01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
I just beat 7 and I have to say it's my favorite now besides 2. I highly recommend it for anyone that's a fan of survival horror.

Conan The Barbarian
01-25-2017, 06:57 PM
I just beat 7 and I have to say it's my favorite now besides 2. I highly recommend it for anyone that's a fan of survival horror.

How long is the game?

AndItKeepsRepeating
01-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Game is great so far just had my hand cut off but stopped to watch some shows before resuming later however nothing strikes me for this being a Resident Evil title at all yet. Nothing seems to be involved with our heroes or corporations. I know I'm not far in but I doubt we'll get any connection.

at the very least there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno

Space Suicide
01-25-2017, 08:32 PM
at the very least there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno

DO NOT READ unless you don't care about spoilers.

at the end of the game you are "rescued" by a man that states his name as Redfield. He is coming out of an Umbrella helicopter.

AndItKeepsRepeating
01-25-2017, 08:45 PM

It would appear my demo spoiler isn't a spoiler because it was mentioned a few times earlier on this page :/

theburningreptile
01-26-2017, 11:10 AM
How long is the game?

9-10 hours depending on how you play. It took me even longer, because I wanted to try and collect everything.

Since I've already beaten it, I'm streaming it on twitch. My twitch name is Phantomentity. Sorry if this isn't allowed. I'll delete it if that's the case

Space Suicide
01-29-2017, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U

Love the title menu song.

Kodiak33
01-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Just got this last night, it's already freaky as hell and disturbing.

Dr Channard
01-30-2017, 11:43 AM
Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.

Space Suicide
01-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.

You can turn off camera shake in settings.

spiralout
01-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.

Piko
01-30-2017, 02:26 PM
One of the most tense games I've ever played. I can only play it in short sessions. The background noise really adds to it. Hard to tell if someone is around or not.

Probably starting over. Wasted so much ammo when I should've ran and hid.

Wretchedest
02-01-2017, 12:35 PM
This game is great! Almost done

spiralout
02-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Currently on the fight with the transformed Marguerite and I gotta say, this may be the scariest game I've ever played. I think it has to do with playing in VR. I almost dread every time I put on the headset. It is definitely unlike any gaming experience I've ever had.

Resident Evil is most definitely back.

Piko
02-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Probably starting over tonight. Definitely the scariest one in the series. They came back in a big way with this game. Maybe a little too well. ;)

Space Suicide
02-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.

I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.

Kodiak33
02-07-2017, 06:45 AM
I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.

I'm in the same boat, plus the regenerating people is disconnecting me a little...as well as being able to reattach your limbs somehow.

Dr Channard
03-01-2017, 08:04 AM
I’ve recently gone retro and played RE Director’s Cut and RE2. It’s been many years, and I’d forgotten how hilariously ham-handed the voice acting in RE DC was. Had also forgotten how much of a masterpiece RE2 was. It’s arguably in contention for the best installment in the series, probably one of the top 10 original PS games in the library, and still immersive to play almost 20 years later. Myself having been a bigger Silent Hill fan over the years, there were some clear inspirations SH drew from those early RE games.

Now it’s on to RE6 for my first play. Yes, that’s how far behind I am. I know this one wasn’t a fan favorite and it got a fair amount of criticism, but I still want to give it a try. Early on the set pieces look good but these onscreen button prompts need to calm way, way down.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-01-2017, 01:28 PM
I'll be honest and say I've never sat and played more than the first 20-30 minutes of any RE game in the past (those being the openings for RE5 and RE Remake), but I'm SUPER loving RE7. I decided to go back and complete the demo before I get too far and I'm surprised they added so much to it since the last time I'd touched it months ago.

Ironic that the closest we have to having PT (for all intents and purposes, Silent Hill) available is a new Resident Evil.

WorzelG
03-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Reading this makes me really want a PS4 but I have to get a job first! Can't wait to play this game

WorzelG
05-25-2018, 04:23 AM
Reading this makes me really want a PS4 but I have to get a job first! Can't wait to play this game
So I've got a job and bought a PS4 pro and Finally playing this game, as someone who missed out on the whole PT thing this is exactly what I thought playing that would be like, LOVE it, only just got outside. Actually too scared to play it at night. Will have to get the VR stuff to get the true experience

Bachy
05-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Resident Evil 2 is probably the best game ever created.

neorev
06-11-2018, 09:31 PM
fuck yes!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWiKXdkdpk

Bachy
06-11-2018, 09:35 PM
fuck yes!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWiKXdkdpk

This looks incredible. I can’t fucking wait.

neorev
06-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Bachy Japan got their own RE2 trailer that shows even more gameplay. It looks awesome!

http://youtu.be/xRJyZczzs2g

Piko
06-12-2018, 03:44 PM
It's everything I hoped it would be.

neorev
09-20-2018, 01:31 PM
https://youtu.be/TuAM-b7m3iw

Space Suicide
09-20-2018, 06:20 PM
https://youtu.be/TuAM-b7m3iw

<3<3<3<3

So fucking stoked.

Space Suicide
01-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Pre-ordered and stoked for the remaster for Resident Evil 2. I bought the deluxe version. However due to being in the hospital and now inpatient physical therapy I won't get to play it launch day. So sad.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-24-2019, 11:23 PM
^^^ That is a bummer.. It'll be patiently awaiting your comeback lulz... Get better! I'm downloading it as I type this and with only a 23GB file size? Love it.

Haysey_Draws
01-25-2019, 02:30 AM
Watched a couple of streams last night, the game looks bloody beautiful...in the bloodiest way!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-25-2019, 12:27 PM
This game is beautiful, but fuck is it hard on hardcore. You really have to be smart with what you're doing this time; I don't remember the original being this difficult, but I'm all for a challange. Headshots do literally squat, unless you are lucky enough to get a critical hit so aim for the legs. The flashlight mechanic almost makes me feel like I'm playing Silent Hill 2 and that is a good thing. My only beef is not being able to squish the zombies heads when they are on the ground pretending to be dead, or after you down them.

I am restarting a new file since I butchered pretty much everything I intended to save or not waste. It's a lot of trial and error, but it still feels like old school/retro game.

Piko
01-25-2019, 01:47 PM
Loved the demo. Got the game waiting for me at home. Not looking forward to Mr. X at all.

theburningreptile
01-25-2019, 03:03 PM
I just beat Scenario A with Leon! It was great, it improved upon the original a lot. I loved everything about. Also if you can get the deluxe edition so you can swap the new soundtrack for the original. The first time I entered the R.P.D. police station I was overcome with nostalgia and i got goosebumps just by the soundtrack. I can’t wait to play as Death. Yeah, Mr X. was a dick. Although if you are smart about it, you can avoid him a lot. Just by being quiet. I can’t wait to see how Claire’s scenario plays out now.

Piko
01-25-2019, 03:25 PM
Scenarios, huh? Didn't think they were going to have those? Do they differ a good bit? Installing now. Everyone playing on my friends list are playing as Leon. Think there's anyone out there starting with Claire? Anyone?

Wretchedest
01-26-2019, 03:20 AM
I didn't start with Claire, but knowing nothing about Resident Evil I guess I thought the differences in campaign were going to be more substantial than I just found out they actually are

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-26-2019, 01:26 PM
Minor Spoilers:

I'm pretty much stuck on the first boss and I'm quite pissed about it. I feel they went a bit too far with the difficulty on Hardcore for this game to be honest. Every zombie literally takes 5 to 8 headshots, with a critical hit being rare as fuck. You can shoot the legs to make them slower, but why can I not smash their heads while they're on the ground like in the originals? The knife comes in handy, but sometimes you don't have enough ammo, nor wanting to waste ammo to get the dam thing back.

Back to the Birkin fight... I played the original games so many times, and the hardcore experience was challenging, but doable. Here, I walked into this fight with 40 handgun ammo, all the upgrades, along with 2 flash grenades, 2 hand grenades, and 8 shotgun shells, and he still does not go down. Hitting the eye on his arm numerous times and I legit run out of ammo and cannot kill him. They need to send out a patch or something because that is friggin' ludicrous; especially on the first fucking boss.

Piko
01-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Minor Spoilers:

I'm pretty much stuck on the first boss and I'm quite pissed about it. I feel they went a bit too far with the difficulty on Hardcore for this game to be honest. Every zombie literally takes 5 to 8 headshots, with a critical hit being rare as fuck. You can shoot the legs to make them slower, but why can I not smash their heads while they're on the ground like in the originals? The knife comes in handy, but sometimes you don't have enough ammo, nor wanting to waste ammo to get the dam thing back.

Back to the Birkin fight... I played the original games so many times, and the hardcore experience was challenging, but doable. Here, I walked into this fight with 40 handgun ammo, all the upgrades, along with 2 flash grenades, 2 hand grenades, and 8 shotgun shells, and he still does not go down. Hitting the eye on his arm numerous times and I legit run out of ammo and cannot kill him. They need to send out a patch or something because that is friggin' ludicrous; especially on the first fucking boss.you're shooting the eye on his left arm? I'm assuming you're talking about the first run in. Didn't take nearly as much ammo as I thought it would. Just gotta aim for the eye. I did it mostly with handgun.

Big guy is after me now. Got a puzzle to do but can't because he's on my ass. Do I just lure him far away on another side of the map or something?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-26-2019, 04:09 PM
you're shooting the eye on his left arm? I'm assuming you're talking about the first run in. Didn't take nearly as much ammo as I thought it would. Just gotta aim for the eye. I did it mostly with handgun.

Big guy is after me now. Got a puzzle to do but can't because he's on my ass. Do I just lure him far away on another side of the map or something?

The first run yes. Are you on hardcore? I played the original extensively, and yes, shooting the only huge eye on him and getting dead on shots almost every shot from the handgun and shotgun. I'm convinced it is bugged, because this is not a hard fight at all.

Edit: Was able to get passed, did no realize I had an older save file... this one wound up being corrupted after trying to load in again today. Fucking lickers are really giving me a problem sometimes, even when I am being super quiet.

For Mr.X, you need to be super quiet like not running a lot, causing other enemies to make sound, or even slamming doors! Managed to discard all of my keys, now need to get the dam cogs or the Clock Tower.

Haysey_Draws
01-28-2019, 06:41 AM
I know there were spiders in the original, are they in this one? (odd question i know, but i couldn't even handle the realistic ones in Spider-man, so knowing if they are in this one again might be a deal breaker for me)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Free DLC coming! (https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/01/28/resident-evil-2-ghost-survivors-dlc-release-date-announced)

Space Suicide
01-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Got home from inpatient physical therapy rehab today so we all know I had to play this!

Game is marvelous! Amazing graphics, cutscenes and classic gameplay. I'm doing the third floor of the east wing and then going for the Unicorn medallion.

Piko
01-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Just now realizing I missed the magnum...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-31-2019, 09:27 AM
Just now realizing I missed the magnum...

Oof! I made so many back up save points incase I missed anything. I am currently in Umbrella's lab, and fuck is it hard lol. I wound up restarting half way through and was able to grab all the upgrades for the weapons, along with some painstaking backtracking from the sewers back to the station, but it was well worth it. Just about done with the first playthrough.

Make sure you're looking out for the Mr. Raccoon statues on both runs, for they give you an unbreakable knife. I also purchased the 3 dollar DLC for the OG soundtrack, and also to get the Resident Evil 2 callout when you hit start (Even though this shit should have been in the game)

Piko
01-31-2019, 10:32 AM
I'm in the lab too...with no ammo...

WorzelG
01-31-2019, 11:18 AM
I know there were spiders in the original, are they in this one? (odd question i know, but i couldn't even handle the realistic ones in Spider-man, so knowing if they are in this one again might be a deal breaker for me)
I’m up to the laboratory with Leon and no spiders yet so I think it’s safe!

loving this game, although I’m a complete wuss, who is playing on easy and using a walkthrough. I’m off work for a few weeks recovering from surgery so this is perfectly timed.

One warning which isn’t too spoilery, when on the way to the lab make sure you have a free inventory space before getting into the cable car or you may end up getting completely stuck, unable to go forward or back and have to go back to a previous save

Space Suicide
01-31-2019, 01:16 PM
Item management is as annoying as ever. Got that first aid spray on me at all times and haven't had to use it once. It's one less space available due to it. I'd like to think I don't need it but knowing my luck I'd remove it and then that's when I get hurt.

I made it to the first Licker after you get the shotgun. Either my aim is shittier than normal, the aim in this game is bad or they're hard to shoot. I reloaded a couple of times for practice. I might as well try to knock out the achievement for shooting one out in mid air too. I restart at the darkroom then go to the locker room for it.

My first playthrough rank will be trash due to tons of saving but it's mainly due to me liking to leave a foot print to where I can quit on a dime if I want to. This game is short but I still don't like playing long stints as much as I'm used to. Maybe an hour or hour and half and I'm tapped out and wanna quit playing. I'll keep plowing through though. Halfway to the last medallion to leave the police station now.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-31-2019, 04:15 PM
I made it to the first Licker after you get the shotgun. Either my aim is shittier than normal, the aim in this game is bad or they're hard to shoot. I reloaded a couple of times for practice. I might as well try to knock out the achievement for shooting one out in mid air too. I restart at the darkroom then go to the locker room for it.

My first playthrough rank will be trash due to tons of saving but it mainly due to me liking to leave a foot print to where I can quit on a dime if I want to. This game is short but I still don't like playing long stints as much as I'm used to. Maybe an hour or hour and half and I'm tapped out and wanna quit playing. I'll keep plowing through though. Halfway to the last medallion to leave the police station now.

The Lickers are freaking relentless. Even when you are being super quiet, at least on Hardcore, they still know you are there almost immediately. I found out that doors are your best friend with them. They tend to lay still and cannot come through doors, so I pop the door open and just shoot their head until they die. It is best to run away from most of them, but there are segments in the game where you waste some ammo to clear one, and then two come out of no where which I think is a bit much on Hardcore, but there are always ways around that after trial and error. If you're going for the mid-air trophy, the dogs are much easier to get this with, for a single slash from a Licker is almost instant death.

I am on save #17 and I could care less. Now that I am familiar with almost everything, I can get a better grade. But shit... some of those trophies are hard like never using the item box or a recovery item. I'll try this after I am done with everything. I tend to tap out when I tell myself I don't need to save, and then I die in some stupid ass way and have to start all over.

loopcloses
01-31-2019, 04:30 PM
Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series of all time and I'm very excited to get into this but unfortunately I'm way too broke--however, I'm pretty happy to hear that it maintains the survival horror spirit and especially that there's a hardcore mode--while in certain ways it was too unforgiving to be the "rightful" way to experience the game, the Madhouse difficulty in Resi 7 felt like a pretty fantastically intense time that really called to mind the resource clinching clusterfucks you'd find yourself in in the classics--i specifically recall being trapped in the mansion because my next objective required me to go through the yard, where there were two relentless crawler enemies and I had neither the health items nor ammo to deal with them. I fucking love games that give you enough rope to totally strangle yourself. It gives every choice you make so much more weight.

I also call to mind dumping so much ammo into the two gigantes in Resi 4 that I had absolutely nothing left to hold off the army of insects in the area they were guarding.

Haysey_Draws
02-01-2019, 02:05 AM
I’m up to the laboratory with Leon and no spiders yet so I think it’s safe!

loving this game, although I’m a complete wuss, who is playing on easy and using a walkthrough. I’m off work for a few weeks recovering from surgery so this is perfectly timed.

One warning which isn’t too spoilery, when on the way to the lab make sure you have a free inventory space before getting into the cable car or you may end up getting completely stuck, unable to go forward or back and have to go back to a previous save

No Spooders makes this a definite purchase for me then, thanks :D

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-01-2019, 02:52 AM
Just beat the game on Leon A - Hardcore.... FINALLY. What a friggin' ride though! Really went beyond my expectations with this next to the original. I wish they would have incorporated more connection between Leon and Claire just a little bit, but I am also glad that they stuck to the cheesy dialogue in the end. MAKE sure you are smart with your ammo and health for the end because you will really regret it. As long as you have enough Mag ammo, a fully upgraded Matilda, and at least 2 first aid sprays, you should be just fine. Now on to Claire!

allegate
02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
https://twitter.com/thecalgee/status/1091401110059913216

:D

Space Suicide
02-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Played a little this evening....met the lovely zombie dogs ugh.

Also got to meet William Birkin for the first time. Took some hits but had enough health items to not fail. Sweeeeeet.

His character model looks revolting, like it should be.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Yea, I was super happy how he came out. The extras are cool where you can look and play with the models. I am currently at the end of Claire B. I must say that run A is much more satisfying than Run B.

WorzelG
02-05-2019, 12:30 AM
I love that Mr X is constantly searching for you rather than just in a few set pieces, it really adds to the tension

Piko
02-05-2019, 01:16 AM
Finally beat Leon A. Good shit. Started Claire B, but I'm not diving all the way in. Gonna finish kingdom hearts first. Depending on whatever else comes out this year, this is a very strong candidate for GOTY .

Space Suicide
02-05-2019, 05:06 PM
I love that Mr X is constantly searching for you rather than just in a few set pieces, it really adds to the tension

Yeah, he sucks. The Police Station is a nightmare now. I have him to deal with on me at all times, it's darker than normal, lickers are starting to appear and there's tons of zombies swarming now. I need to start one shotting zombies for a slight stun and juke past them. No more wasting ammo.

I'm out of shotgun shells but have a two flash grenades, a hand grenade and about 30-40 Matilda bullets. Need to develop the film from the garage/prison cells, get the Magnum and settle the last bit there before I move to Umbrella Corp.

Kodiak33
02-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Yeah, he sucks. The Police Station is a nightmare now. I have him to deal with on me at all times, it's darker than normal, lickers are starting to appear and there's tons of zombies swarming now. I need to start one shotting zombies for a slight stun and juke past them. No more wasting ammo.

I'm out of shotgun shells but have a two flash grenades, a hand grenade and about 30-40 Matilda bullets. Need to develop the film from the garage/prison cells, get the Magnum and settle the last bit there before I move to Umbrella Corp.

Which difficulty are you on? I cleared out a ton of zombies before he showed up (which saved my ass). I didn't think he was as bad as people were saying.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-06-2019, 01:14 PM

Darker than normal? What do you mean by that? You have to be patient with Mr.X, and not to freak out when he is close to you. Once you get it down, there is an easy way to dodge his punch and even the long lunge that the zombies take on you. It wouldn't hurt to look to some top ten tips and tricks video, unless you want to finish it fresh. He will always show up in the library (seems to be his favorite spot) but sometimes walking instead of running, and not opening doors so quick will help him not come around. Also, he stays away from item box rooms.

Make sure you get all the add-ons for the Magnum!

There are two lickers that appear by the office and armory room, but they are easily avoidable if you do some door peeking, and if you wanna take them out, the door is your best friend since they do not come through them. You can get plenty of knives so what I do is slice check every zombie I come across. Once they go down, or are already down, you can slice and slice until they're dead which will save you tons of ammo. Look out for Mr.Raccoon statues since you can get an unbreakable knife for finding all of them. Boarding up windows in pivotal, and knowing the layout of the station better will help you from going into areas you do not need to explore anymore saving you from unnecessary encounters and wasting ammo.

I just got to the final form of Birkin with Claire on run B and I super pissed since I cannot kill him. 27 Six Shooter bullets with only 50 mini-gun bullets is not enough, so now I need to load an older save file and see what I can do. Hardcore is really a bitch!

Space Suicide
02-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Which difficulty are you on? I cleared out a ton of zombies before he showed up (which saved my ass). I didn't think he was as bad as people were saying.

Standard.

Darker than normal? What do you mean by that? You have to be patient with Mr.X, and not to freak out when he is close to you. Once you get it down, there is an easy way to dodge his punch and even the long lunge that the zombies take on you. It wouldn't hurt to look to some top ten tips and tricks video, unless you want to finish it fresh. He will always show up in the library (seems to be his favorite spot) but sometimes walking instead of running, and not opening doors so quick will help him not come around. Also, he stays away from item box rooms.

Make sure you get all the add-ons for the Magnum!

There are two lickers that appear by the office and armory room, but they are easily avoidable if you do some door peeking, and if you wanna take them out, the door is your best friend since they do not come through them. You can get plenty of knives so what I do is slice check every zombie I come across. Once they go down, or are already down, you can slice and slice until they're dead which will save you tons of ammo. Look out for Mr.Raccoon statues since you can get an unbreakable knife for finding all of them. Boarding up windows in pivotal, and knowing the layout of the station better will help you from going into areas you do not need to explore anymore saving you from unnecessary encounters and wasting ammo.

I just got to the final form of Birkin with Claire on run B and I super pissed since I cannot kill him. 27 Six Shooter bullets with only 50 mini-gun bullets is not enough, so now I need to load an older save file and see what I can do. Hardcore is really a bitch!

When I revisited the West Wing after he initially appeared the area seemed more darker than before when exploring. Could've been due to playing during the daytime and the room window light making it more difficult but I don't know.

My main issue is the lickers, I don't have anything to kill them with really. I don't wanna keep wasting magnum ammo on them. I have wasted 3 or 4 on Mr. X already. I need to just get to the break room and to the basement to return to the parking garage and get the key card from the cells. It's simple and probably 5 minutes or work but will take me 10-25 probably. Playing this made me reminded me of just how awful I am at the first games. It makes me that much more thankful to be as Godly at 4-6 as I am, this game makes me feel like a total RE noob due to lame struggles.

Kodiak33
02-06-2019, 04:11 PM
I always led him deep on one side of the station if I needed to go-to the other side. It takes him a long time to move. Don't waste any ammo on him either.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Standard.

When I revisited the West Wing after he initially appeared the area seemed more darker than before when exploring. Could've been due to playing during the daytime and the room window light making it more difficult but I don't know.

My main issue is the lickers, I don't have anything to kill them with really. I don't wanna keep wasting magnum ammo on them. I have wasted 3 or 4 on Mr. X already. I need to just get to the break room and to the basement to return to the parking garage and get the key card from the cells. It's simple and probably 5 minutes or work but will take me 10-25 probably. Playing this made me reminded me of just how awful I am at the first games. It makes me that much more thankful to be as Godly at 4-6 as I am, this game makes me feel like a total RE noob due to lame struggles.

Like Kodiak said, never shoot at Mr. X. Even if you put enough into him, he will kneel for a bit and go back to tracking you. For the lickers, most of the time if you move slow enough you can get passed them, or at least one if they're paired up. They were the only enemies I really went out of my way to kill, but I was also good on extra ammo. That's the beauty of of this series though; I've played the old games religiously and I still felt like a noob.

Space Suicide
02-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Like Kodiak said, never shoot at Mr. X. Even if you put enough into him, he will kneel for a bit and go back to tracking you. For the lickers, most of the time if you move slow enough you can get passed them, or at least one if they're paired up. They were the only enemies I really went out of my way to kill, but I was also good on extra ammo. That's the beauty of of this series though; I've played the old games religiously and I still felt like a noob.

I psyched myself out. I pretty much made a mad dash from the main hall to the break room area to the parking garage and prison cells in about 2-4 minutes. I only got hit by Mr. X once and bit by a zombie once. I still have 13 Lightning Hawk magnum bullets left. I shot all the dogs in the kennel the first time I went around so the parking garage was smooth sailing for me. The power circuit puzzle was easy and the rest is history.

I just made it to the Sewers with Ada Wong. Time to face the Alligator. :p

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-06-2019, 10:09 PM
I psyched myself out. I pretty much made a mad dash from the main hall to the break room area to the parking garage and prison cells in about 2-4 minutes. I only got hit by Mr. X once and bit by a zombie once. I still have 13 Lightning Hawk magnum bullets left. I shot all the dogs in the kennel the first time I went around so the parking garage was smooth sailing for me. The power circuit puzzle was easy and the rest is history.

I just made it to the Sewers with Ada Wong. Time to face the Alligator. :p

Nice! Yea that is the last resort is to just make a dash for it. In hardcore one slash is straight to danger status, so you can imagine my rage when I can't get a door open or fast enough, especially being really low on health items. Good move on killing the dogs first, I did the same as well because they're annoying as fuck, but the door trick works good against them. The Alligator is cool as hell in this version; I died a few times just to see it again :D.

WorzelG
02-06-2019, 11:52 PM
I found Ada’s bit really hard the first time, kept getting killed by the zombies while trying to power the lift as it was so dark I couldn’t see where to go properly

Space Suicide
02-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Fuck those G-Adult variants in the sewers. I've wasted a good deal of ammo on them stupidly trying to get room. Hard to dodge for me.

I loved playing as Ada even though it was short (and did the achievement for not using anything but the EMF Visualizer). They did a great job on her character model in this game, she definitely looks of Chinese descent in this one. She didn't in RE6 even though I liked her character model and look.

I got all of the plugs, chemical flamethrower, secret stash items revealed with the undeveloped film after going back to RPD (a few of the Mr. Raccoons I missed there also) and got all the magnum attachments. I opened the door with the plugs and have to face Birkin for a 2nd time. Going to aim for the use the crane once achievement. Wish me luck!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Fuck those G-Adult variants in the sewers. I've wasted a good deal of ammo on them stupidly trying to get room. Hard to dodge for me.

Agreed! And yes, those fucking things are ridiculous. I wasted almost a half hour trying to not waste ammo and get lucky dodging them. What I do is once they go into that position where it spits out those little face hugger things, I try to run by. If there is no room, lure it out into a more open space if possible. I cannot wait to beat this and get the ranking for infinite ammo on the rocket launcher; gonna kill every fucking one of them.

Jinsai
02-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Finally beat Leon A. Good shit. Started Claire B, but I'm not diving all the way in. Gonna finish kingdom hearts first. Depending on whatever else comes out this year, this is a very strong candidate for GOTY .

this is drifty, but... kingdom hearts 3 is the most obnoxiously inept video game storytelling EVER. At least the earlier games seemed to understand that they were weird fanservice.... this is just an annoying mess. At least the gameplay doesn’t suck this time

Space Suicide
02-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Agreed! And yes, those fucking things are ridiculous. I wasted almost a half hour trying to not waste ammo and get lucky dodging them. What I do is once they go into that position where it spits out those little face hugger things, I try to run by. If there is no room, lure it out into a more open space if possible. I cannot wait to beat this and get the ranking for infinite ammo on the rocket launcher; gonna kill every fucking one of them.

I killed most of them except for the ones after the bottom waterway on route to the plugs. The area with the mounds of trash and shit that branches off. I managed to dodge 2 using the method you said through trial and error. Still took damage and wasted about 170 flame fuel on a few. Ugh.

Piko
02-08-2019, 10:17 PM
this is drifty, but... kingdom hearts 3 is the most obnoxiously inept video game storytelling EVER. At least the earlier games seemed to understand that they were weird fanservice.... this is just an annoying mess. At least the gameplay doesn’t suck this timeYeah, I'm getting pretty burned out from it already... It's fun, in a braindead kind of way. Still a little salty they released these games so close together though.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Angry Video Game Nerd does a fantastic timeline video for Kingdom Hearts... Highly recommended and hilarious.

Space Suicide
02-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Angry Video Game Nerd does a fantastic timeline video for Kingdom Hearts... Highly recommended and hilarious.

Least he's better at that than Resident Evil 2. His skill level was abysmal when I watched his Mike Monday Show earlier this week when he gave the remaster a spin.

Rdm
02-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Love the updated controls in this remake I wish they would redo RE4 like this.

I love this game so far, it's so intense. I tried to turn on HDR on but it made the picture look washed out so I turned it off and the game looks dark, as it suppose to, and great again.

WorzelG
02-09-2019, 12:30 AM
I could kick myself for doing something stupid, I’ve been through Leon a and Claire B on assisted difficulty so I started Claire A on standard difficulty, got all the way to the Lab and after being killed for the nth time it asks me if I want to transfer to assisted and stupid me accidentally says yes, what a waste! I was hoping to get some special ammo or something for completing on standard

Jinsai
02-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Love the updated controls in this remake I wish they would redo RE4 like this.

I love this game so far, it's so intense. I tried to turn on HDR on but it made the picture look washed out so I turned it off and the game looks dark, as it suppose to, and great again.

you have to have HDR setup right... have you played other games with HDR enabled?

Rdm
02-09-2019, 03:39 PM
I have a HDR TV,Sony X900F, it makes the games I've tried look washed out. I have researched it bit and most people have just turned off HDR. The picture is really nice looking regardless but it would be nice to implement the HDR.

Ever since the first time I saw the Tyrant come through wall and kill that prisoner I've been so worried about running into him again. And I just met him and got away and than ran face to face with him in the lobby, my heart just blew up i need a break.