PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Seven
11-26-2011, 09:49 AM
FIRST! Bwhahaha!

I haz no avatar so don't know who I is...

slave2thewage
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Were you the one whining about how the old thread never changed the title?

What's up with this album anyway? I've been out of the loop for ages.

Seven
11-26-2011, 07:43 PM
No, that wasn't me.

I'm really excited about the new album as much by Manson's attitude as anything else. He seems fired up and really seems to have a handle on things again. From what I have heard of it, I am liking the new music. The album is out in Feb and the tour dates are being announced slowly. I think it is going to be a good year in 2012. Have you seen the Born Villain film?

ManBurning
11-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, I hope the guy who was whining about a new thread is satisfied, he didn't just get a new thread, he got a whole new message board! Way to go bud!

On another note though,

Looks Like Chris Vrenna has officially left the band now that recording is done. He wants to focus on His own stuff like Tweaker and Video game scoring. Looks like MM was holding him back.

This was from www.thegauntlet.com (http://www.thegauntlet.com)

""I'm incredibly proud of the work I did with Manson and look forward to the release of Born Villain. I wish my brothers well but with the recording largely completed I felt it was time to return to other facets of my career which involves production work, film scoring, and future musical collaborations," explained Vrenna.

Well, can't say I didn't see it coming, although I am sure his contributions to the recording is what will make "Born Villian" decent, I'm just sad that he never stuck around for the tour. Not sure who they are going to get now to kill the positions of keys/drums, but looks like Manson and Twiggy are on their own for this one...

Not like Manson was good on the last tour, but one could always hope he got his act a little together, but with Vrenna gone I can almost assure you the live show will suck as much as it did on the last trek.

slave2thewage
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I can't decide is MM is a hot mess right now or just a mess.

Gloris
12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
has this badboy leaked on the interwebs yet?

heard "no reason" (or rather, I pieced together a version form the born villain video).

anything else surfaced yet?

Collin
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
This is probably gonna be terrible, I hope Manson tries something new beyond his typical "I'm still a 20 year old goth bro fsdjkjakfllasdfj."
He definitely has potential for experimentation, but too often he is trying to make the same record over and over again. I mean yeah, Antichrist Superstar was badass, but i've already got a copy, expand your horizons man!

Harry Seaward
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I hope Manson tries something new beyond his typical "I'm still a 20 year old goth bro fsdjkjakfllasdfj."

Did you listen to Eat Me, Drink Me? I'd say it was a welcome change for Manson's style completely. Anything but 'typical'. I'd like to hear more like that.

Piko
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Did you listen to Eat Me, Drink Me? I'd say it was a welcome change for Manson's style completely. Anything but 'typical'. I'd like to hear more like that.

Yeah, instead of trying to shock people, he whined about cheating on his super-hot pin-up wife and her divorcing him. That, and banging Evan Rachel Wood. EMDM, in a nutshell. That, and he thinks My Chemical Romance are jacking his skills...

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
This next album is going to be a good one.

sessava
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
He seems fired up and really seems to have a handle on things again. From what I have heard of it, I am liking the new music.

People think that every time he's put out an album since 2000. I see the same things pop up on every single message board, saying that this time he'll put something good out, this time he's full of energy and the album's going to be great. I think people just need to accept that the Marilyn Manson from the late 90's is dead and that this is a totally different entity. His music will never reach the levels it did in the 90's and honestly, I'm beginning to realize that most of the quality in the band came from the other members or outside sources - not Marilyn Manson himself.

I would appreciate Marilyn Manson a lot more if he would hang up his act and mature as an artist like Trent Reznor did, instead of acting like a petulant child all the time. It's pathetic to see a 40+ year old man acting like he does. I expect his new album to be superior to his last one, but only because I find it hard to imagine that he could drunkenly slur out something even worse.

As always, I remain ever hopeful that Marilyn Manson's cognitive abilities will return and he will seek to make friendlies with all the talented people that he's alienated over time, and then maybe we'll have the band back together and we could have a good album again, maybe he'll quit the drugs that are so clearly fucking him up and he'll quit pouring that absinthe shit down his throat 24/7. But that's all a pipe-dream, really, and it'll never happen. It's a depressing realization for the longtime Marilyn Manson fan, to understand that Marilyn Manson as a band is dead, but it's something that we all have to come to understand.

When you quit thinking of the modern Marilyn Manson as the same entity as the old Marilyn Manson, then you don't expect anywhere near as much out of them and you're not quite as disappointed when his new albums inevitably shamble out of his drug/absinthe-destroyed mind, burst into your home and then shit and piss all over the place, and then turn to you with a smug smile and asking, "Have I shocked you yet?"

ubermensch
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Hopefully it is better than the previous. I thought "eat me drink me" was a good change of pace and was something new, but this last album was definitely a step backwards. Under all of the retarded shock value bullshit, manson has some talent. It came out in portrait and antichrist superstar for sure. He just needs to get his act together and grow up.

Piko
12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
He reminds me a lot of Al Jourgensen. A drunk mess who hasn't had a good album in years, and burnt many bridges. Those two guys had a skill to surround themselves with super talented people until they finally got pissed and left. The well's dry now. If Manson were to clean up his act, it could probably be a different story, but he won't. Jourgensen's a lost cause altogether.

Goldfoot
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM

I remember when that came out, my friend came home from work and was like, "Wanna see a waste of $12?" Then he tossed the album at me. I think I listened to it twice and have never wanted to again. I listened to THEOL once and the same goes for that one. This is the first I'm hearing about a new album, but I'm sure I'll at least listen to it once. It's a bummer because I really like Manson's older stuff, and listen to it often. There's only a couple songs on GAOG I still like today, but other than that basically everything after Holy Wood has been a disaster.

october_midnight
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
^^^ Exactly. Loved it all, love Holy Wood...AND agreed that there are a few gems on TGAOG but after that it wasn't a slow decline...it was an immediate jump in to a pile of shit.

Pemulis
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
For a while I wondered if maybe I only really loved Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals because I was a teenager when I got into them so I didn't listen to them for a few years to maybe just hold on to my memories. However, I decided to give them a spin again and my fears were unfounded, both of them hold up remarkably well. They don't resonate quite the way they did with me way back when because I'm no longer an angsty teenager, but they're both very well conceived and executed albums.

I personally think the decline started with Holy Wood though. I would say maybe a third of that album is decent to good, and the rest is pretty unimpressive. It definitely doesn't come close to its immediate forebears.

I still give each of his new releases a cursory listen out of gratitude for all the good times he gave me as a teenager and I'll do the same for this new one, hoping he somehow gets his act together. I don't see it happening, and if it doesn't at least I'll be able to immediately throw on The Last Day on Earth live/acoustic and wash the taste of the new shit away as soon as possible.

Ash512
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
A decent producer.

That's what Manson needs. Simple as that.

KrakenWakes
12-08-2011, 10:04 AM
He reminds me a lot of Al Jourgensen. A drunk mess who hasn't had a good album in years, and burnt many bridges.

Yeah, that's pretty spot on.

Space Suicide
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
A decent producer.

That's what Manson needs. Simple as that.

I think Sean Beavan is handling Born Villain. Don't hold me to it.

Halo Infinity
12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
He reminds me a lot of Al Jourgensen. A drunk mess who hasn't had a good album in years, and burnt many bridges. Those two guys had a skill to surround themselves with super talented people until they finally got pissed and left. The well's dry now. If Manson were to clean up his act, it could probably be a different story, but he won't. Jourgensen's a lost cause altogether.
It really makes me wonder what it would be like to witness Marilyn Manson hanging out with Ministry. :p

As for Marilyn Manson, his first four albums will always be my favorites. I even liked The Golden Age of Grotesque. I suppose I was just okay with it. As for Eat Me, Drink Me, I just wasn't too fond of it. That album didn't click with me, and it made me hesitant to check out The High End of Low. It should be better since Twiggy is on it right?

(I really haven't followed up on Marilyn Manson for quite a while, and would like to know what others think here. I have checked out a few songs from The High End of Low on YouTube though, but I didn't really get into them.)

sessava
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
It really makes me wonder what it would be like to witness Marilyn Manson hanging out with Ministry. :p

As for Marilyn Manson, his first four albums will always be my favorites. I even liked The Golden Age of Grotesque. I suppose I was just okay with it. As for Eat Me, Drink Me, I just wasn't too fond of it. That album didn't click with me, and it made me hesitant to check out The High End of Low. It should be better since Twiggy is on it right?

(I really haven't followed up on Marilyn Manson for quite a while, and would like to know what others think here. I have checked out a few songs from The High End of Low on YouTube though, but I didn't really get into them.)

It's pretty much the same quality-wise as Eat Me, Drink Me. Twiggy is in on it, yes, but I don't think Twiggy was ever that influential in the creativity department, so it doesn't really matter much that he's back. There's a couple good songs on the album that are okay musically-speaking, but there's not a single one on there that's good lyrically-speaking.

It's worth a listen, just don't expect much.

Harry Seaward
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't think Twiggy was ever that influential in the creativity department

Are you... I... What?

Conan The Barbarian
12-08-2011, 09:00 PM
to those who never heard high end of low, i would say there is at least 4 good songs on it. everything else is meh.

Piko
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
THEOL is alright. I wouldn't call it a bad album. It's forgettable though... EMDM, on the other hand, is a real difficult listen. I gave up trying to "get it".

Gloris
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
alot of people say that EMDM was a bad album...personally I loved it. Was a bit of a new direction, and there were some songs on there that were simple, yet struck a chord with me. Maybe it was just a case of me reading into the lyrics wrongly, but for anyone who's ever been in a difficult relationship, some of the word play on this album really hits home...

Space Suicide
12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Manson is a guest on That Metal Show tonight at 11:00 PM on VH1 Classic for those interested.

Piko
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
alot of people say that EMDM was a bad album...personally I loved it. Was a bit of a new direction, and there were some songs on there that were simple, yet struck a chord with me. Maybe it was just a case of me reading into the lyrics wrongly, but for anyone who's ever been in a difficult relationship, some of the word play on this album really hits home...

I think it's a completely whiney, and emo album. Yeah, it's about heartbreak. But, it's really hypocritical when all of the facts were put way out in the open for everyone to see. He fucked up, and decides to whine and play victim when it's completely the other way around. If it were the other way around, I may see the album a little differently, but it's not. But musically, i'm not really that much into it either. I was a fan of Skold's previously, and I was pleased to see him play solos, and show that's he's actually a better guitarist than he let on. But, unfortunately, the music was crappy and generic, and solos got old real fast. Skold could've done so much better on that album, musically.

imail724
12-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I think any Manson fan should at least check out THEOL. personally, I think it's the only listenable album since Holy Wood and I actually quite enjoy it. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thevoid99
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I just saw Manson on That Metal Show. It was all right. Manson was funny at times although he also seemed quite strung out. Plus, Eddie Trunk was kissing his ass throughout the entire episode.

Space Suicide
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I just saw Manson on That Metal Show. It was all right. Manson was funny at times although he also seemed quite strung out. Plus, Eddie Trunk was kissing his ass throughout the entire episode.

Drunk from absinthe.

As for that, he had been wanting Manson on the show for a long time. I guess that added to it.

Cool news on Born Villain though. (Possible) New single and video news:

Slow-Mo-Tion

Not like it seems out of place as THEOL had a song called Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon on it.

slopesandsam
12-12-2011, 01:48 AM
EMDE was pretty awful. I wouldn't really call it a "new direction" so much as an attempt to tap into the emo music that was popular at the time (Note: the emo music that was popular at the time sounded exactly the same as the punk music that was popular in the late 90s to me. I'm assured that the major difference between the two genres was lyrical, rather than musical. I'm old and out of the musical loop now though.)

THEOL was okay, in the sense that it was an attempt to get back to his musical roots, but it was a fairly poor attempt. There were a couple of good songs on there, but nothing as good as his early stuff. The only track I still listen to occasionally is the last track, which I reckon was on par with his MA material.

I think the turning point for Manson was Holy Wood. That was a great album, don't get me wrong, but the decision to go backwards, musically, was a bad one. He'd proven he could do something really interesting and different with Mechanical Animals, but it felt like he caved to criticism from a vocal minority who didn't like that he'd abandoned his heavy industrial roots (admittedly, I was initially disappointed with MA too, but I rapidly changed my mind, and it became my favourite album of 1998). Holy Wood is a great album, and I still listen to it a whole lot, but it marks the point at which Manson's regression started.

There's a great TR interview somewhere where he says (paraphrased from memory): "Once upon a time he was the smartest guy in the room. Now he's a dopey clown. I wish he'd get his shit together, he could still be great." Which is pretty much spot on.

Here's hoping he's gotten his shit together for this album. Although it sounds like he's still a drunk.

ubermensch
12-12-2011, 02:02 AM
I got pretty annoyed after really reading into this album and seeing twiggy claim that "its one of the best things theyve ever done." YEAH FUCKING RIGHT. Nothing MM will ever put out in the future will top Antichrist Superstar or Portrait. Ill give this album a listen, but its definitely too late in the game for them to put out anything great.

Harry Seaward
12-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Decided to give Holywood a listen.

What happened to this man?

new now
12-12-2011, 03:33 AM
The holy wood/anti-christ/mechanical animals trilogy was immense and absolutely put MM on the musical map, TGAOG had a lot of great songs and an interesting sound which I kind of attribute to Tim Skold. Everything since has made Manson seem more and more irrelevant as the years progress.
I'd love to see/hear another great album from him but I wont hold out much hope.

Demogorgon
12-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I still stand by my opinion that HolyWood was the last truly great Marilyn Manson album. it may not have been as shocking as Antichrist, and might have been a bit more artsy and concept driven than Mechanical Animals, but it was still a great album. Everything after that has slipped a bit, either lyrically or conceptually. the really bad lyrics didn't start showing up until Eat Me, Drink Me. Golden Age had some weak tunes but not the worst, but the album concept itself was weaker and really didn't have any sort of messages to it like the initial trilogy had. High End of Low moved in the right direction, but it still suffers from a lack of hard-hitting lyrical content, and most of the lyrics just get repeated multiple times throughout the song whether it's the chorus, the bridge, or whatever. it ends up being very repetitive.

Harry Seaward
12-13-2011, 04:22 AM
For people interested in what the old-school, intelligent Manson had to say, this site is great.

http://www.mansonquotes.com

It has a feature to cycle through his quotes and also read interviews and whatnot. It's a nice wave of nostalgia to hear intelligent things from him, as opposed to the same AIDS jokes over and over.

laci
12-13-2011, 04:42 AM
^
What a cool site, thank you! Ah, the memories...

slave2thewage
12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Chris Vrenna has quit:
http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=47204_0_2_0_C (http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=47204_0_2_0_C)

Manson seems to be a bit of a sinking ship these days.

october_midnight
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Thought that was announced weeks ago.

Wolfkiller
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
I still stand by my opinion that HolyWood was the last truly great Marilyn Manson album.

I feel like HW was Manson's last decent album. It had a few good songs, but the rest was weak. He sounded silly being 30 calling himself a disposable teen, among other questionable lyrics (cut our wrists like cheap coupons like death was on sale today at walmart, what?!)

Maybe it was just my age and that time period, but pre-HW Manson seemed to have so much more to say. He was the first real figure in my life that made me feel okay to have doubts about my religious upbringing. During the ACS era and into MA, he seemed so smart and driven, like he was really going to start a revolution or something. Then HW came out and it just seemed to go backwards, making it all about Columbine and such. Then GAOG came and everything has been downhill since in my eyes.

Television
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
For people interested in what the old-school, intelligent Manson had to say, this site is great.

http://www.mansonquotes.com

It has a feature to cycle through his quotes and also read interviews and whatnot. It's a nice wave of nostalgia to hear intelligent things from him, as opposed to the same AIDS jokes over and over.

So this is why we are getting traffic from here. Thanks for the mention

I feel like HW was Manson's last decent album. It had a few good songs, but the rest was weak. He sounded silly being 30 calling himself a disposable teen, among other questionable lyrics (cut our wrists like cheap coupons like death was on sale today at walmart, what?!)

Maybe it was just my age and that time period, but pre-HW Manson seemed to have so much more to say. He was the first real figure in my life that made me feel okay to have doubts about my religious upbringing. During the ACS era and into MA, he seemed so smart and driven, like he was really going to start a revolution or something. Then HW came out and it just seemed to go backwards, making it all about Columbine and such. Then GAOG came and everything has been downhill since in my eyes.

walmart? haha no mention of walmart in that song my friend. It was a metaphor of the value that society puts on children, and the result of it. The song he is singing for his target audience, not about him. Every release was different, which is why I am a HUGE Marilyn Manson fan. I am one of the two web developers of the site. GAOG I liked, but I it was too rappy for me. THEOL was my favorite release so far. I like where his music is going now. He reminds me of Madonna, try to go with the changes of what people like in music. EMDM he came on too strong with the emo stuff, that should have been released after THEOL. Before THEOL I really HW was my favorite release.

I went to a concert in 2009 and seeing him in '3D' instead of a magazine or television blew my mind. And inspired me to register mansonquotes.com, then a lot of unrelated shit exploded from there and numerous websites are run.

Anyway, hello and all that fun stuff, just figured I would say hello and I am glad people like what we created. Still lots to do, still many changes. Glad you enjoyed the site. I will lurk here for a bit to get a feel for the community.

<3 Television

Piko
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty whatever about Holy Wood. Decent album, but some of it's kinda whatever to me. Liked GAOG more.

ubermensch
12-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Been listening to a lot of MM since reading this thread. Mainly, portrait, Antichrist, and mechanical animals. GAOG is so fucking bad it blows my mind.

imail724
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
GAOG is so fucking bad it blows my mind. agreed!

Harry Seaward
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
agreed!

I dunno, I like it much better than The High End of Low.

Sent from my keyboard using my fingers.

Piko
12-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Liked it better than EMDM, THEOL, AND Holy Wood. Just saying... The end kinda dragged on, but I'd take Doll Dagga... or Vodevil over stuff like Fight Song and Burning Flag.

imail724
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I could never get through the FIRST half of that album. I tried when it first came out, and again once or twice later on, but I just can't. It's so stupid.

ManBurning
12-14-2011, 05:53 PM
agreed!

Thank you! Finally some people who dislike that album as much as me. I'd rather listen to new Manson over that crap anyday! In fact I updated a facebook status yesterday about babies crying being the WORST possible sound known to man, and a friend responded with "No, marilyn manson is the worst sound known to man, unless of course it's GAOG" then he proceeded to tell me how amazing that album was. -shakes head-

aggroculture
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
GAOG is my favourite MM album. Firing John5 was the dumbest thing he's ever done. Seriously. And going out there without a guitarist for the last two albums has been a complete fiasco.

Television
12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
What is the best album and what is the worst really is a matter of opinion and taste in music. I love all the releases. But some songs I do not enjoy listening too. I do not like the sound and music of POAFF but will give it a listen or a read from time to time. Overall a great artist and every release is a good listen

imail724
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Best: Antichrist Superstar
Worst: GAOG/EMDM
fact.

eversonpoe
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
i absolutely hated Eat Me, Drink Me. there were a few songs with decent music, but the lyrics and even his vocal style were so unsatisfactory... however, i quite enjoyed the majority of The High End Of Low. i thought Four Rusted Horses was pretty amazing, and I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies was a nice, sprawling epic. the album in general flowed pretty well and i've listened to it quite a few times.

Space Suicide
12-14-2011, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj9o-YlzVI

I so wish I wasn't 5 years old at that time period. This was the prime time and probably my favorite tour too.

october_midnight
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Still so glad I saw that tour, the ACSS tour, and the MA tour. Back when he was putting on must-see shows.

ManBurning
12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Still so glad I saw that tour, the ACSS tour, and the MA tour. Back when he was putting on must-see shows.
The only shows I got around to seeing were Holy Wood tour in 2000, Lest we forget in 2005 and the 2008 one that came to Vancouver and played at that tiny theatre, queen elizibeth I beleive during the EMDM tour.

Out of the 3 I guess teh Holywood one was the best, still nothing compared to those other 2 tours, they would have been something!

Sesquipedalism
12-15-2011, 02:08 AM
The only shows I got around to seeing were Holy Wood tour in 2000, Lest we forget in 2005 and the 2008 one that came to Vancouver and played at that tiny theatre, queen elizibeth I beleive during the EMDM tour.

Out of the 3 I guess teh Holywood one was the best, still nothing compared to those other 2 tours, they would have been something!

Ugh, you're all making me feel ancient. I saw him twice before fucking Smells Like Children came out. When he played "Sweet Dreams," we were all perplexed as to what the hell he was doing. On the upside, I did get to see some great shows. When I see 'net footage of him performing now, because I was sixteen years old when Antichrist came out, it feels like I'm at a high school reunion, and the class' most interesting kid—the one I thought would somehow make himself into something truly notable—got sidetracked sucking dick for blow and, now that he's ruined his life, he's working as hard as possible to make every day exactly like high school was. And I really want to tell the guy, "Man, you're fucking forty. Maybe lose the make up and we could work on getting you a job befitting your former potential."

Goldfoot
12-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I so wish I wasn't 5 years old at that time period. This was the prime time and probably my favorite tour too.

"What I make is what I am, I can't be forever" is oddly prophetic given the main discussion going on here.

think i'm a fire engine
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
I was told there would be some serious punk and death metal influences on this album. If there's not, I ain't listening.

ManBurning
12-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Ugh, you're all making me feel ancient. I saw him twice before fucking Smells Like Children came out. When he played "Sweet Dreams," we were all perplexed as to what the hell he was doing. On the upside, I did get to see some great shows. When I see 'net footage of him performing now, because I was sixteen years old when Antichrist came out, it feels like I'm at a high school reunion, and the class' most interesting kid—the one I thought would somehow make himself into something truly notable—got sidetracked sucking dick for blow and, now that he's ruined his life, he's working as hard as possible to make every day exactly like high school was. And I really want to tell the guy, "Man, you're fucking forty. Maybe lose the make up and we could work on getting you a job befitting your former potential."

Well, I don think you are much older than I am. I am 28 now. I was 13 turning 14 when that tour came through. I do however have a funny story about that, I was living in Winnipeg at the time, and I was just coming back from a shopping trip with my mother and grandma, we drove past the theatre where the show was taking place, and we saw all the people dressed in black and church protestors and my grandma said to me jokingly, "you want to go to this show?" And my response was a very disgusted "pfft, nooo!" Haha. This was before I really got into music, I didn't know much of anything about Manson other than what the media was reporting on him, and the sweet dreams music video on rotation on much music. Later that year I finally started getting into music, but just your average radio rock. My very first album was the foo fighters "the colour and the shape" which was a great record though. It wasn't until the next school year, grade 9 when I met a friend who introduced me to manson, he made me buy antichrist superstar, and I loved it. Then 6-8 mths later mechanical animals came out. That was a good time to be a Manson fan!

Conan The Barbarian
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I was told there would be some serious punk and death metal influences on this album. If there's not, I ain't listening.

nope never. maybe punkish shit. but no where near death metal.

Speaking of that, would you guys think Manson could benefit from putting out an actual metal record?

Space Suicide
12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
By death metal stated, it'll be influenced by it and NOT sound like it.

Piko
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
It's never what they say it is. Every album is "heavy" until it comes out. Punk-ish seems more realistic though judging from the song/video.

Sesquipedalism
12-16-2011, 03:38 AM

When he said it was in a "suicide death metal" style, I laughed at my computer, wondering if Manson had ever even Googled the phrase "death metal." If there's anything even remotely death metal about this album, I'll eat a sack of foreskins. That said, I really despise death metal, and I sincerely hope there's not a whiff of it here. And not just to avoid the foreskin snack thing.

Harry Seaward
12-17-2011, 05:16 AM
I watched him on That Metal Show. What a drunken fool.

Space Suicide
12-17-2011, 07:52 AM
I watched him on That Metal Show. What a drunken fool.

Could've been a lot worse, wasn't anywhere near as bad as his appearance on that Swedish Talk Show a few years ago around The High End of Low release, that was a travesty.

Gloris
12-18-2011, 07:27 AM
any news on the leak yet? I got a whiff of news from googling, but it's linked to mansonwiki...my netbook won't even access that site without grinding to a halt...i have to literally shut the power and reboot because that site runs so slow it just destroys my machine :s

there's a few torrents up now, but so far all seem fake/password protected/take this survey blah blah blah...

i hate marketing...if the album is ready, just release it already...i'll still buy it when it's on cd, i just wanna hear the new stuff, you know?

Piko
12-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Didn't THEOL leak about a week or so before. And hopefully this time, we'll be troll-free about it. Those hierophant people...

Gloris
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM
my favourite leak was GAOG...the leak that actually wasn't GAOG, but was Skolds "dead god" demo...that was an awesome leak.

but yeh, I thought we had THEOL like a month or two early? hmmm, maybe i'm wrong though....i'm just excited for the new album....

Space Suicide
12-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Didn't THEOL leak about a week or so before. And hopefully this time, we'll be troll-free about it. Those hierophant people...Actually that wasn't really a leak, it was a copy of the album from an international country that had been released a few days prior that was uploaded to demonoid or piratebay...don't remember.

No proper leak existed for THEOL minus a few demos (Arma...geddon, Leave a Scar (labeled as Maybeharmfulifswallowed), Four Rusted Horses and Into the Fire) and some edited garbage (Devour + Arnold S. Quotes). Only proper song that had leaked in it's final form was Pretty As A ($).

Piko
12-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't remember for sure. I do remember a bunch of hierophant trolls teasing everyone about the leaks and getting everyone all riled up over nothing. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Space Suicide
12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't remember for sure. I do remember a bunch of hierophant trolls teasing everyone about the leaks and getting everyone all riled up over nothing. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

It won't. The Heirophant is dead. People on Provider Module are respectable overall. Babalon idiots tend to stay there and not clamor anywhere else. I am on both sites mind you heh. Besides, I don't mind sharing something good if I have something. I do not mind at all!

imail724
12-24-2011, 01:04 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/407938_10150447072406194_18499831193_8790129_28181 6593_n.jpg
wow, I only see one chin!;)

Conan The Barbarian
12-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I think everyone is being an ass for the sake of it really.

Snappergast
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I feel Jeordie is the main talent in the group. I say this because his solo work is so good. Also, because The High End of Low, was the collaboration that came after He re-joined. It was different than thier other work. I feel composition wise He had a lot to do with that. I loved the music, but not the lyrics. The lyrics made me feel like someone was yelling at me. I don't mind Marilyn Manson the individual's image. I think He is original, it's just who He wants to be, which I think is cool. But, I wish Jeordie would do more on his own.

Hazekiah
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
15th post
on the 3rd page!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
Mar1lyn Man5on!!!

BORN VILLAIN.

\m/ -_- \m/

october_midnight
01-07-2012, 05:52 PM
My friend Alex trying to give MM some cake.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgcsurfT21qhk9lx.jpg

Don't think he wants it. Which I'll freely admit is kinda surprising.

Harry Seaward
01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
My friend Alex trying to give MM some cake.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgcsurfT21qhk9lx.jpg

Don't think he wants it. Which I'll freely admit is kinda surprising.

Was that as his birthday party?

Is your friend a starfucker or friends with someone in the band or something?

october_midnight
01-07-2012, 06:55 PM
It was. And he's an artist whom MM is apparently a fan of. As to whether or not they fucked...could be anyone's guess...Alex is kinda weird.

Harry Seaward
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm guessing he didn't divulge any of the details of Born Villain​ to your friend?

october_midnight
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I spoke with Alex for about 10 min. last night actually and he said that MM told him that the new album was 'getting close' or something like that but that's about it.

Harry Seaward
01-07-2012, 07:36 PM
AKA "Soon."

october_midnight
01-07-2012, 08:24 PM
lol exactly.

Space Suicide
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree.

'Soon's the word'

Fucking release it already. Supposedly planned for next month. We'll see.

imail724
01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Does anyone have those rare demos that were put up a few months back? I can't remember where they came from and never got to download them. I'm pretty sure smells like children (the song) was one of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NotoriousTIMP
01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
People think that every time he's put out an album since 2000. I see the same things pop up on every single message board, saying that this time he'll put something good out, this time he's full of energy and the album's going to be great. I think people just need to accept that the Marilyn Manson from the late 90's is dead and that this is a totally different entity. His music will never reach the levels it did in the 90's and honestly, I'm beginning to realize that most of the quality in the band came from the other members or outside sources - not Marilyn Manson himself.

I would appreciate Marilyn Manson a lot more if he would hang up his act and mature as an artist like Trent Reznor did, instead of acting like a petulant child all the time. It's pathetic to see a 40+ year old man acting like he does. I expect his new album to be superior to his last one, but only because I find it hard to imagine that he could drunkenly slur out something even worse.

As always, I remain ever hopeful that Marilyn Manson's cognitive abilities will return and he will seek to make friendlies with all the talented people that he's alienated over time, and then maybe we'll have the band back together and we could have a good album again, maybe he'll quit the drugs that are so clearly fucking him up and he'll quit pouring that absinthe shit down his throat 24/7. But that's all a pipe-dream, really, and it'll never happen. It's a depressing realization for the longtime Marilyn Manson fan, to understand that Marilyn Manson as a band is dead, but it's something that we all have to come to understand.

When you quit thinking of the modern Marilyn Manson as the same entity as the old Marilyn Manson, then you don't expect anywhere near as much out of them and you're not quite as disappointed when his new albums inevitably shamble out of his drug/absinthe-destroyed mind, burst into your home and then shit and piss all over the place, and then turn to you with a smug smile and asking, "Have I shocked you yet?"

BEST. POST. EVER. (in regards to MM at least)

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Conan The Barbarian
01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Does anyone have those rare demos that were put up a few months back? I can't remember where they came from and never got to download them. I'm pretty sure smells like children (the song) was one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ecaftonk

this guy has links in the desciption. the quality is what was originally posted on soundcloud.

imail724
01-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you!

Space Suicide
01-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I have a few mp3s of those demos Scott posted. I can upload them if that method is wanted/preferred.

laci
01-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I am selling my ultra rare Get Your Gunn cassette single. Only 300 made. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250975467015

slave2thewage
01-17-2012, 02:35 AM
New drummer: Jason Sutter (http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=47379_0_2_0_C)

Who?

Harry Seaward
01-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Born Villain will not be out in February.

slave2thewage
01-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Born Villain will not be out in February.

If I had to take a stab, I'd say late March/April.

hobochic
01-17-2012, 03:50 AM
Only interesting (or sad) thing about this album is the Goon Moon involvement by Jeordie White and Fred Sablan. I wish they'd stick to Goon Moon.

Conan The Barbarian
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I give up on this album. lack of promotion, lack of Manson taking his career serious just make me not care anymore. It's a shame since this was a band that I was heavily into back in the day being from South Florida and all. Damn shame. when it drops, it drops but im not going to go goo gaga over it like I used to.

aggroculture
01-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm optimistic. If the new one is as much an improvement on THEOL as that album was on EMDM, then it will be a good album. Even if it's only as good as THEOL I'll still be happy.

poinoup
01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Through all the bullshit etc., I'm still interested in hearing the album. I didn't mind THEOL at all, there's some keepers on there. EMDM finally sunk in with me, and even though I don't spin it a lot, I can pop it on once in a blue moon.

I guess everything still gets a chance, regardless...

october_midnight
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
http://marilynmanson.com/tour/ (http://www.013.nl/blog/1111_marilyn_manson_exclusief_naar_013)

laci
01-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Black Diamond Music Memorabilia (https://www.facebook.com/blackdiamondmusicmemorabilia)

Director/Photographer Dean Karr has confirmed he will be working with Marilyn Manson again for the first time in 15 years. Karr directed the video for Sweet Dreams as well as the photography for the Antichrist Superstar album.

Hazekiah
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
May 8th.

Des Moines, Iowa.

See you there, motherfuckers!

\m/ \m/

Harry Seaward
01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
May 8th.

Des Moines, Iowa.

See you there, motherfuckers!

\m/ \m/

Got a source for this?

october_midnight
01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Only thing I've found after about a minute of searching is the radio station's website. (http://www.lazer1033.com/Concert-Calendar/1884211)

Des Moines better stock up on cheeseburgers.

bobbie solo
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM

and drugs. lots of drugs.

oh, and alcohol. lots of alcohol.

wight rabbit
01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Only thing I've found after about a minute of searching is the radio station's website. (http://www.lazer1033.com/Concert-Calendar/1884211)

5/8 Marilyn Manson
WHERE: Val Air Ballroom
TIX: $29350 thru TICKETMASTER (http://www.ticketmaster.com/) **On sale 2/3**
SHOW: 7pm

That's pretty pricey...

GoodSoldier333
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't mean to bring fire to where it's not coveted, but it's intriguing to read endless havoc steered towards matter that is insignificant and pointless....no less mostly based off of speculation and fabricated info.

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/babalon/topic/1104--Nine-Inch-Nails/post:322833

october_midnight
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
LOLZ at Hazekiah's meltdown towards Trent Reznor hahaha...

I'm pretty sure that anyone that still frequents a Marilyn Manson message board in the bloody year 2012 doesn't need any of us to go over there and tell them they're just refusing to acknowledge that it's just a matter of holding on to that last glimmer of fame from an artist that had his time, but is washed up. Manson could release a song called 'My Fans Are Retarded.' and they'd worship it as 'art'.

Reznor isn't an angel, but who doesn't know that? The man's winning fucking Oscars, treating his fans with intelligence and respect. Manson's....what was it? Oh yeah. 'A dopey clown'.

edit: Shout out to the genius who wrote this gem: 'Anyone who would make a terrible vanity project album with his slutty wife is pussy-whipped...not music-whipped. Trent Reznor is an egomaniac whose passion is himself and his (as of late) terrible music.'

'terrible music'??? ON A MARILYN MANSON FORUM? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA..........AHHH..... .AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Conan The Barbarian
02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I am a member there. I hate every single one of those members.

Harry Seaward
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Babalon is a cesspool.

We don't go there.

Conan The Barbarian
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
It really is. You just want to revoke the internet from every single user there.

I really do feel bad for bands like Manson or Slipknot, who just have the dumbest fans.

Space Suicide
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I like and still like Marilyn Manson a lot but those posts are retarded at best and kind of not in well light. I am a member on there but for laughs and irony more than anything. For it being official it's one of the worst MM forums ever.

Harry Seaward
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
To be fair, I think that sort of thing would happen to any 'official' forum. Whenever you get a large enough group of people together, the idiots will overpower and infect the others. I'm content with Provider Module, which seems to have coherent and rational discussion, for the most part.

GoodSoldier333
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
It really is laughable.

Space Suicide
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I love Provider Module and you're right on the official forums as....

Official NIN Boards < ETS

For the win! Ziiiiiiiing.

reseen_lamenti
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
LOLZ at Hazekiah's meltdown towards Trent Reznor hahaha...

I'm pretty sure that anyone that still frequents a Marilyn Manson message board in the bloody year 2012 doesn't need any of us to go over there and tell them they're just refusing to acknowledge that it's just a matter of holding on to that last glimmer of fame from an artist that had his time, but is washed up. Manson could release a song called 'My Fans Are Retarded.' and they'd worship it as 'art'.

Reznor isn't an angel, but who doesn't know that? The man's winning fucking Oscars, treating his fans with intelligence and respect. Manson's....what was it? Oh yeah. 'A dopey clown'.

edit: Shout out to the genius who wrote this gem: 'Anyone who would make a terrible vanity project album with his slutty wife is pussy-whipped...not music-whipped. Trent Reznor is an egomaniac whose passion is himself and his (as of late) terrible music.'

'terrible music'??? ON A MARILYN MANSON FORUM? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA..........AHHH..... .AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Oh wow thank goodness someone else noticed. Thought I was gonna be the one to call it out. So, why does Haz even bother to have an ETS account again? Holy two-face, Batman...

I like and still like Marilyn Manson a lot but those posts are retarded at best and kind of not in well light. I am a member on there but for laughs and irony more than anything. For it being official it's one of the worst MM forums ever.

To be fair, I think that sort of thing would happen to any 'official' forum. Whenever you get a large enough group of people together, the idiots will overpower and infect the others. I'm content with Provider Module, which seems to have coherent and rational discussion, for the most part.

^ And those. PM >>> Babylon. (in the same way that ETS >>> nin.com -- unofficial channels being more worthwhile than blind fanboyism on the officials)

Less traffic, sure, but at least I can have a rational level-headed discussion on PM.

Hazekiah
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Haha...wtf is all THIS shit?

I didn't have "meltdown" at all. I noticed the issue had been raised in there so I chimed in with the same carefully considered opinion I've held on the matter for over half-a-decade.

And I explicitly mentioned that "as much as I love everything else he's ever done," I still think Trent Reznor is a hypocritical bastard for his involvement in the disappearance of those masters...whether it was intentional or simply negligence.

Hardly two-faced, thankyouverymuch. Not on my part, at any rate.

Not only have I mentioned it HERE in the past, but I'd even broach the subject with Trent Reznor himself if I had the chance.

Sorry, but right now as far as I know his only statement on the matter has been a nonchalant bullshit joke "answer" from the old nin.com Q&As leading up to With Teeth, and that just doesn't cut it.

I'd be completely respectful in my approach, mind you. He IS one of my all-time-favorite artists, after all. To this day.

But, again, when we're talking about an artist who's spent practically his entire career complaining about record labels interfering with and ruining his art...well, I just think an issue such as this deserves to be addressed a bit more seriously.

fillow
02-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I think that whatever happened to those master tapes is as much Manson's fault as anyone else's, if not more. It's your fucking music, dude, not Trent's or anyone's. Regardless of whether you own them or the label does, you should be checking if it's okay and sitting in it's place.
Just my 5 cents.

Anyway, is this new album coming out or what? It's been in 'pretty much finished' state a year ago.

Hazekiah
02-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Cooking Vinyl's already said that it won't be out in February.

But Manson's tours generally start about a week or two before their corresponding album is released and the tour starts overseas just before the end of the month, so I'm guessing an early- to mid-March release at the soonest.

However, it'll almost SURELY be out by the time the U.S. dates get going, so it could be as long a wait as late-April or early-May, too.

Just some educated guesses here, of course...but whatever, I'm ready for it WHENEVER it drops.

:)

october_midnight
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
So now that some European dates have surfaced, I wonder if it's 2 weeks or 3 weeks until the expected 'This album is the one, man! This one isn't going to suck, man!' forum posts start popping up juuuuust before Manson drops yet another turd.

slave2thewage
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
If it's gonna be a trainwreck, I just hope that it's a ~glammy~ one.

Gloris
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
hmmmm.....official forums seem to have been taken down for some reason....

Hazekiah
02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
^ They've been talking about an era-specific update in the works for a while now, and hopefully they're up to that along with some much-needed glitch repairs.

That's my guess.

Otherwise I guess Manson might just be getting ready to replace it with a different official BBS, but the Babalon-overhaul still seems more likely to me at this point. Like I said, it's been alluded to several times in the past, and the timing would be right with the tour for the new album mere days away and all.

burninglard
02-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Still interested in how this album is going to turn out. I know Manson wont ever be like the "golden" days again. But i hope he can put out a focused piece of work. I hope he is not a drunk mess when he tours. It would be great to see a good show from him again.

october_midnight
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
See my previous post on the last page.

Space Suicide
02-07-2012, 04:58 PM
and drugs. lots of drugs.

oh, and alcohol. lots of alcohol.

Whiskey and Speed.

http://www.nndb.com/people/821/000094539/twiggy-sm.jpg

Harry Seaward
02-09-2012, 04:33 PM
New single, 'No Reflection' will be "shoved up [our] rears very soon."

Video shooting next week.

The record sounds like a mix of ACSS and MA, and is heavily influenced by MacBeth and The Flowers Of Evil.

imail724
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
No reflection? Like a vampire? Sigh.

Space Suicide
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
By the term very soon....March I'm guessing. I'd want it soon but I'm not holding my breath.

fillow
02-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Fuck yeah, a mix of ACSS and MA!!

Oh wait, weren't last two albums supposed to sound exactly like this?

princessomega
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I once considered myself a huge Marilyn Manson fan.
My wife and I followed the band where ever they went.
We had the clothes, the dolls, the attitude... I even have all three logos from the triptych albums tattooed on my ankle.
Then we grew up, and sadly Manson never did.
My thoughts echo most of these here that Ive read.
For years Ive defended him and have had faith that one day he will produce music that once again will profoundly effect my life. I dont think unless he can quit the drugs that this will ever materialize.
It honestly breaks my heart. Reading though these comments actually made me cry...I do rememeber what he was like when he was on point and top of his game and he was amazing.
I will probably will download the new album for free...and then decide if its worth spending my money, or if it would just be a donation to his latest drug dealer.

Conan The Barbarian
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
what happens if this album turns out to be amazing?

hobochic
02-10-2012, 04:27 PM
what happens if this album turns out to be amazing?

Then Manson owes Jeordie White and Fred Sablan all recognition.
After that they go back to Goon Moon and record the follow up to Licker's Last Leg

Hazekiah
02-10-2012, 04:44 PM
My wife and I followed the band where ever they went.

Then we grew up....

Reading though these comments actually made me cry...

o_O

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

Harry Seaward
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Born Villain will be out in May.

Manson learned guitar for this record.

Lots of ACSS will be played live, due to it being the 15th year anniversary.

october_midnight
02-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Manson learned guitar for this record.

Wonder if it's more than the three chords he learned when touring that album.

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Another boring 3 months to go. I knew we wouldn't get anything in the brief future.

Harry Seaward
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Another boring 3 months to go. I knew we wouldn't get anything in the brief future.

Did you miss the "new single very soon" part?

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Did you miss the "new single very soon" part?

No, I commented on it in the past page I believe. I don't anticipate anything before Mid-March single-wise. April is even a more probable release time frame than March is. We didn't get to hear Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon until April in 2009, a month before The High End of Low ended up dropping. This probably will follow suit. I know we heard We're From America at the end of March but that was a botched up release and a 'promo' release. I don't expect anything of that sort again to be done.

Hazekiah
02-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Wonder if it's more than the three chords he learned when touring that album.

We're talking about Antichrist Superstar.

THREE chords is PERFECT.

;)

october_midnight
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Touché....

Piko
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Wait, he played guitar on ACSS? I thought he played the bass parts on Minute of Decay, or am I wrong. Other than that, there's that video of him "playing" live back in 95.

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Wait, he played guitar on ACSS? I thought he played the bass parts on Minute of Decay, or am I wrong. Other than that, there's that video of him "playing" live back in 95.

Minute of Decay he played on and Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World on live sections performing. He played guitar on Down in the park when played live in 1995.

Hazekiah
02-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, bass guitar.

And he's played guitar for a song or two here and there on a bunch of their tours, starting with the club shows for Portrait of an American Family and as recently as the tour for The High End of Low, as well as the Dead to the World Tour and the Rock is Dead Tour.

Space Suicide
02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
He played guitar on Wight Spider I believe.

ManBurning
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Marilyn Manson is playing at Rock on the Range 2012 in Columbus, OH May 18-20. (not sure what night he's playing).
http://rockontherange.com/
Guess this basiclly confirms that date on the last page of des moines, Iowa is probably true.
Guess he'll be doing a small US stint in May.

october_midnight
02-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Gonna be interesting to see what type of ridiculous outfit they stick the new drummer (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/marilyn_manson_lands_jason_sutter_as_touring_drumm er.html) in.

Space Suicide
02-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Gonna be interesting to see what type of ridiculous outfit they stick the new drummer (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/marilyn_manson_lands_jason_sutter_as_touring_drumm er.html) in.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401311_334682296552530_250307521656675_1106687_478 399902_n.jpg

Fred Sablan, if that's any indication of what we can expect from Stutter.

antiskum
02-12-2012, 11:14 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401311_334682296552530_250307521656675_1106687_478 399902_n.jpg

Fred Sablan, if that's any indication of what we can expect from Stutter.

dude's dressed fucking rad

Frozen Beach
02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Suck it Twilight, that's how a modern day sexy vampire should look.

antiskum
02-12-2012, 11:09 PM
in my mind, it's kinda channeling some Blixa while he was in the bad seeds

which is good, i don't want to see middle aged men in leather bondage gear

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 06:15 AM
in my mind, it's kinda channeling some Blixa while he was in the bad seeds

which is good, i don't want to see middle aged men in leather bondage gear

It is is said and reported that the album and it's imagery will mirror what Fred is wearing; an old Victorian formal wear worn in late 1800's.

october_midnight
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
LOLZ. He's quickly running out of eras to rip off. Apocalyptic-goth, Bowie-glam, Weimer Berlin. Can't wait for Jetsons-futuristic.

frankie teardrop
02-13-2012, 10:40 AM
or mcdonald's happy meal.

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
or mcdonald's happy meal.

Hilarious man, absolutely positively.

In seriousness, such comments don't make me annoyed, angered or laugh. They're the same ones rehashed with different wordplay. Let's think of some creativity guys! I'm game for a good Manson diss that doesn't involve his weight or girls problems. Hell, even you guys don't touch on drugs when they're in the mix. When you do you steal from Trent with the 'dopey clown' motif.

I like Manson still, yes, but I'll sure as hell laugh if you all diss him in a good sentence or joke. I'm a good sport.

frankie teardrop
02-13-2012, 11:20 AM
what, a guy can't make a grimace joke?

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
what, a guy can't make a grimace joke?

See, that was a good one. Actually made me laugh. Haha.

antiskum
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2307/iamthegodoffuck.jpg

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 04:26 AM
I like Manson still, yes, but I'll sure as hell laugh if you all diss him in a good sentence or joke.

I agree. I'll be the first to laugh at Manson, but most of the 'jokes' I hear about him are so played out and tired.

Anyways, NEWS!

- Overneath The Path Of Misery was the song featured in the Born Villain trailer.

- It was an unfinished version. It was a 'midget' compared to the 'giant' we'll hear on the record.

- There may be one to two new songs played live on the Australian dates.

- He's very adamant on seemingly reinventing himself and his music. He wants to draw in new fans, and give old fans something 'new' to listen to.

- No Reflection will debut "within the next two weeks."

- If Eat Me, Drink Me was his vampire album, Born Villain is his zombie record. He made a nice reference to the Jesus resurrection myth. Ties in nicely to the album title.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree. I'll be the first to laugh at Manson, but most of the 'jokes' I hear about him are so played out and tired.

Anyways, NEWS!

- Overneath The Path Of Misery was the song featured in the Born Villain trailer.

- It was an unfinished version. It was a 'midget' compared to the 'giant' we'll hear on the record.

- There may be one to two new songs played live on the Australian dates.

- He's very adamant on seemingly reinventing himself and his music. He wants to draw in new fans, and give old fans something 'new' to listen to.

- No Reflection will debut "within the next two weeks."

- If Eat Me, Drink Me was his vampire album, [i][u]Born Villai

Go chopped off there at the end :p

2 weeks. I said March, it's not mid-March but I knew we wouldn't hear anything new in February.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Derp. Fixed.

He revealed the single like five days ago, yet wouldn't do so in this interview. Which points to the fact that this interview is around a week old, which means only another week until the single drops.

imail724
02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00...&minorcatid=60 (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004846F80FE79A?artistid=766825&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60)

Just got an email about this show in Huntington, NY. Tix go on sale to public Friday, presale thursday.
I'll be there for my first MM show!

blugel
02-14-2012, 02:02 PM
i stopped actively listening to manson after holywood, but i would still give his new albums a quick listen before dismissing them..

but now for some reason i've been relistening to those old records again and am really hoping this new one is good...

bring on the single!

imail724
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
First set of 2012 Marilyn Manson US tour dates. Ticket info coming soon. Enjoy

April 27th Providence, RI @ Lupo’s At The Strand
April 28th Hampton Beach, NH @ Hampton Casino
April 29th Huntington, NY @ Paramount Theatre
May 1st Silver Spring, MD @ Fillmore
May 2nd Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre
May 4th Atlantic City, NJ @ House Of Blues
May 5th Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
May 6th Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
May 8th Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
May 9th Sioux Falls, SD @ W.H. Lyons Fair Grounds
May 11th Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues
May 12th San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Gardens
May 13th Houston, TX @ House Of Blues
May 15th Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom
May 16th Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
May 18th Minneapolis, MN @ The Brick
May 19th Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
May 20th Columbus, OH Rock On The Range (http://www.facebook.com/rockontherange)

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Terrible cities, all of them.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Terrible cities, all of them.

Same cities and states as always.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I made a map of all the destinations. What a clusterfuck.

http://g.co/maps/t772j

october_midnight
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Hide the cheeeeeseburgers!

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Hide the cheeeeeseburgers!

Haha, you made a fat joke about Manson! Aren't you just the wittiest person here? Boy, you're so funny. Has anyone ever told you that you should be a stand-up? Seriously, though. You would kill. I could see you selling out arenas, with your biting and controversial social commentary. It borders on abstract, but it's still mainstream enough that it won't go right over the audience's head. And original, to boot! I've never heard anyone make a joke like that before, you're truly innovative. You could go head to head with the likes of Carlin, Hicks, and Pryor. Honestly, I really hope you'll embrace this God-given talent. It would be a shame for it to go to waste.

october_midnight
02-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll just add you to the list of ETS'ers that lately are completely unable to joke around. Hell I'm an old school fan, and if the new album/tour is anything even slightly resembling good, I'll eat my words. I just know it's going to be another show of Manson spending 90 minutes kneeling in the middle of the stage since he's let himself go to the point of no longer being able to deliver live, let alone on record.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I'll just add you to the list of ETS'ers that lately are completely unable to joke around. Hell I'm an old school fan, and if the new album/tour is anything even slightly resembling good, I'll eat my words. I just know it's going to be another show of Manson spending 90 minutes kneeling in the middle of the stage since he's let himself go to the point of no longer being able to deliver live, let alone on record.

Guess you didn't catch that I was joking around too. ;)

Like I said, I have no problems with Manson jokes. It's just that the fat jokes get old. Though, maybe it's just a bit of my fanboy showing.

october_midnight
02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
If he new album slays and his live show slays, I'll revert back to fanboy mode so fast it'll make your head spin. I just can't see it since I've been telling myself that for the past like 8 years.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
If he new album slays and his live show slays, I'll revert back to fanboy mode so fast it'll make your head spin. I just can't see it since I've been telling myself that for the past like 8 years.

I dunno, I have high expectations for this one. Have you heard any of the recent interviews? He sounds fucking great, compared to recent years.

reseen_lamenti
02-14-2012, 05:57 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzeoncaxRO1qldv6eo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1329350302&Signature=mE%2B%2BiLJiwlVfMSS1F7CW40wa0AU%3D

New Marilyn Manson photo by Dean Karr, February 14 2012.

What.

Jinsai
02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
/\ /\ /\ /\ is he going for a Cindy Lauper look now?

I dunno, I have high expectations for this one. Have you heard any of the recent interviews? He sounds fucking great, compared to recent years.

I don't know... the idea that this is the "zombie" answer to Eat Me Drink Me's "vampire" is pretty much in line with what I've come to expect. That video he released where he quoted Macbeth and shoved a glass eye into some girl's pussy was beyond pretentious and desperate to shock, but it was all just unintentionally hilarious. I'm sure I'll end up listening to it, even though the last three albums he put out were unbelievably bad, and I haven't really liked anything he's done since Mechanical Animals.

That said, it wouldn't bother me if he's fat if he could still pull off a live show, but the last two chances I gave him were pretty tough to forgive. There's plenty of rock stars who got fat and can still put on an awesome show.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't know... the idea that this is the "zombie" answer to Eat Me Drink Me's "vampire" is pretty much in line with what I've come to expect. That video he released where he quoted Macbeth and shoved a glass eye into some girl's pussy was beyond pretentious and desperate to shock, but it was all just unintentionally hilarious. I'm sure I'll end up listening to it, even though the last three albums he put out were unbelievably bad, and I really haven't really liked anything he's done since Mechanical Animals.

I'd blame Shia LaBeouf for most of that video. And the pussy thing wasn't just to shock, it was an homage to some old book. Not that I know which one it is.

It's not even the concept of the album that sounds great. He physically sounds great. Sober and clear-headed and passionate about his career. We haven't seen this in a while.

Also, regarding that picture above, it's not by Dean Karr. And I don't think it's new at all. I mean, look at it, it looks at least a decade old.

antiskum
02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd blame Shia LaBeouf for most of that video. And the pussy thing wasn't just to shock, it was an homage to some old book. Not that I know which one it is.

was it story of the eye?

thevoid99
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I definitely agree about that video that Shia LaBeouf has made. It's shit. Dude doesn't really understand anything about Manson's music at all. He's just a punk-ass little shit trying to maintain his status as Hollywood's golden boy.

Conan The Barbarian
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't think manson is trying to be shocking, just artsy fartsy.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think manson is trying to be shocking, just artsy fartsy.

And if he is trying to be shocking, it's rarely ever just for the sake of being shocking. It's always to make people think about this society we're living in, in one way or another. That's what his lyrics have always been about, exposing what he views as the negative aspects of our society.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 09:51 PM
And if he is trying to be shocking, it's rarely ever just for the sake of being shocking. It's always to make people think about this society we're living in, in one way or another. That's what his lyrics have always been about, exposing what he views as the negative aspects of our society.

Hence the fucking name...

Marilyn | Manson

Jinsai
02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
you guys are giving him way too much credit. Also, just because someone says there's a deeper meaning behind their music and message doesn't necessarily mean there is one, especially not always, and even if you're referencing some obscure book you could deliver your homage in a way that's ultimately pretentious. I really don't care where he got the "glass eye in the pussy" image from. It's silly.

Marilyn Manson isn't deep philosophy, and when he tries to tell his fans that there's a deeper meaning behind his decision to stick his tongue in John 5's ass at a show, he's trolling you and the concept of philosophy in general. Showing up on stage crucified to a cross made of television sets isn't deep, it's rock theatrics.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
you guys are giving him way too much credit. Also, just because someone says there's a deeper meaning behind their music and message doesn't necessarily mean there is one, especially not always, and even if you're referencing some obscure book you could deliver your homage in a way that's ultimately pretentious. I really don't care where he got the "glass eye in the pussy" image from. It's silly.

Marilyn Manson isn't deep philosophy, and when he tries to tell his fans that there's a deeper meaning behind his decision to stick his tongue in John 5's ass at a show, he's trolling you and the concept of philosophy in general. Showing up on stage crucified to a cross made of television sets isn't deep, it's rock theatrics.

So when he explains his philosophical views in a clear and coherent manner and explains how that pertains to his lyrics and imagery...he's just lying?

Jinsai
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM
So when he explains his philosophical views in a clear and coherent manner and explains how that pertains to his lyrics and imagery...he's just lying?

I'm saying that when he shoves a glass eye in a vagina, and says he's doing it because it's a reference to an obscure erotic novel, he's actually doing it to shock people and because he thinks it's cool to stick a glass eye in a vagina, and he got the idea from an obscure erotic novel, and he's saying nothing.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm saying that when he shoves a glass eye in a vagina, and says he's doing it because it's a reference to an obscure erotic novel, he's actually doing it to shock people and because he thinks it's cool to stick a glass eye in a vagina, and he got the idea from an obscure erotic novel, and he's saying nothing.

First you're saying Manson is just a troll, now you're only referencing this specific example?

I think Manson knows the time we're living in. He knows he's not going to shock people. Society is desensitized fully by now. He's doing it because he finds it to be a worthy artistic endeavor. He's a fan of obscure art and has always made references to it. The only difference now is that he doesn't have a record label holding him back.

Even if he was saying nothing by doing that, that's the beauty of art. He paints a picture and leaves it up to us to decipher. People like you will blow it off as 'Manson trying to be shocking'. People who are actually interested in his art will interpret it as they see fit.

Jinsai
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
You can have a meaningless reference in your music. The Pixies' song Debaser makes a reference to the Salvidor Dali movie where they slice open a sheep's eye with a razor blade. The lyric isn't masquerading as something deep or profound, and thank god we don't have Pixies fans explaining the deep philosophical underpinnings of the song. If it's a meaningless reference, that's fine. What irks me is the pretentious fawning and the claim that there's something truly profound going on here with Manson and anything he does. It just reminds me of that South Park episode where the kids need to assert that "a woman pooping out of her boobs isn't great imagery."

Here you're referring to his music as his "art" and acting as though it's some really groundbreaking shit. On EVERY level, that video that we're talking about is artistically crap. And to dismiss "people like me" who think he's just trying to be shocking? I was interested, back when his music was decent and he was acting like a an actual rockstar, instead of lighting himself on fire while he quotes Macbeth. I was a fan back when Portrait came out, and there weren't any pretentious kids claiming the Willy Wonka reference was some kind of prophecy.

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM
You can have a meaningless reference in your music. The Pixies' song Debaser makes a reference to the Salvidor Dali movie where they slice open a sheep's eye with a razor blade. The lyric isn't masquerading as something deep or profound, and thank god we don't have Pixies fans explaining the deep philosophical underpinnings of the song. If it's a meaningless reference, that's fine. What irks me is the pretentious fawning and the claim that there's something truly profound going on here with Manson and anything he does. It just reminds me of that South Park episode where the kids need to assert that "a woman pooping out of her boobs isn't great imagery."

Here you're referring to his music as his "art" and acting as though it's some really groundbreaking shit. On EVERY level, that video that we're talking about is artistically crap. And to dismiss "people like me" who think he's just trying to be shocking? I was interested, back when his music was decent and he was acting like a an actual rockstar, instead of lighting himself on fire while he quotes Macbeth. I was a fan back when Portrait came out, and there weren't any pretentious kids claiming the Willy Wonka reference was some kind of prophecy.

I think Harry Seaward was referring to his work as a whole, pre-THEOL as well, not just exclusively to that Born Villain short film like I think you're getting at. I'm still a big fan but even I thought that film was rubbish and it didn't give me any sense of knowledge or anything other than a preview of a song. That's all it gave me, nothing more. I'm not going to defend something when even I know its junk. Besides, it wasn't groundbreaking, nor do I think it was meant to be shocking. If that's the case, what a joke as that wouldn't shock anyone in 2011/2012 except maybe a Christian or conservative douche, and even that is barely. The eye in the vagina was a blank reference with no substance, it had no meaning. The film borrowed and made a parallel visual occur from another work, that's all I took it as. Not an artistic statement nor as a shock factor. If someone else did, then congrats to them I guess.

What I indicate from your post, I think you're annoyed at fans more than Manson himself when it comes to the messages and themes in his work as some people claim everything he creates is gold. I'm a big fan but even I can denounce events or things he does as sub-par when they are. True, his work and ideas aren't as clever as they were in 1996 but I don't think you should write off every little thing he does these days based on what some fanboy tries to state otherwise. I'm sure you do look into things, even as a casual fan of the older days as you are, so that's not an issue. You know every band or artist has fans in their fanbase that have the tendency to defend or state every thing they do as groundbreaking and better than ever. I still like him and the band a lot but he's still an interesting visual artist in imagery and words, even as cheesy or mind-numbingly bad as they can be at times, more often than not.

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't believe this at all but:

Born Villain
Overneath (The Path of Misery)
Hello Cruel World
Three Witches
Mouth for War
Sleep Forever, Please
A Silver Bullet
Two Truths Are Told
No Reflection
As A Planet Dies
Of Direst Cruelty
Eternal

No Reflection, formally known as S-low Mo-Ti-on.

"I Am Among No One" is now Born Villain.

Album cover has been made, No Reflection music video next week, album out in May.

Conan The Barbarian
02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Source? Thanks.

october_midnight
02-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd say that it might have some credibility on the grounds of the 'Hello Cruel World' as when it was announced on MM's Twitter feed that new dates were here, it included the hashtag #heycruelworldtour Though it obviously isn't 'HELLO cruel world'...also could be the other way around (that this tracklisting was leaked after the tour name was announced and thus is still bullshit). The few obvious titles have leaked via MM himself or this Twitter post, so who knows.

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd say that it might have some credibility on the grounds of the 'Hello Cruel World' as when it was announced on MM's Twitter feed that new dates were here, it included the hashtag #heycruelworldtour Though it obviously isn't 'HELLO cruel world'...also could be the other way around (that this tracklisting was leaked after the tour name was announced and thus is still bullshit). The few obvious titles have leaked via MM himself or this Twitter post, so who knows.

I'm sure it's bullplop. Just caught the tracklist elsewhere.

Sean Beavan stated via facebook that he is mixing the album and that the one song called "Hey Cruel World" was the reason he loves Manson.

ManBurning
02-16-2012, 02:54 AM
The US tour dates are out:

Fri 04/27/12

Providence, RI (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsCity.aspx?ID=46416&SortBy=Date)
Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=19333&SortBy=Date)
[/URL]

Sat 04/28/12

Hampton Beach, NH (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842494&source=psartist)
Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=40636&SortBy=Date)

Sun 04/29/12

Huntington, NY (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842495&source=psartist)
The Paramount (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=203301&SortBy=Date)

Tue 05/01/12

Silver Spring, MD (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842496&source=psartist)
The Fillmore Silver Spring (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=203069&SortBy=Date)

Wed 05/02/12

Montclair, NJ (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842497&source=psartist)
Wellmont Theatre (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=159136&SortBy=Date)

Fri 05/04/12

Atlantic City, NJ (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842498&source=psartist)
House Of Blues (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=39808&SortBy=Date)

Sat 05/05/12

Pittsburgh, PA (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842499&source=psartist)
Stage AE (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=195392&SortBy=Date)

Sun 05/06/12

Grand Rapids, MI (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842500&source=psartist)
Orbit Room (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=48977&SortBy=Date)

Tue 05/08/12

West Des Moines, IA (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842501&source=psartist)
Val Air Ballroom (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=65235&SortBy=Date)

Wed 05/09/12

Sioux Falls, SD (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1834742&source=psartist)
W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=17526&SortBy=Date)

Fri 05/11/12

Dallas, TX (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842502&source=psartist)
House Of Blues (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=117403&SortBy=Date)

Sat 05/12/12

San Antonio, TX (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842503&source=psartist)
Sunken Garden Amphitheatre (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=7783&SortBy=Date)

Sun 05/13/12

Houston, TX (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842504&source=psartist)
House Of Blues (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=159586&SortBy=Date)

Tue 05/15/12

Oklahoma City, OK (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842505&source=psartist)
Diamond Ballroom (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=27948&SortBy=Date)

Wed 05/16/12

Kansas City, MO (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842506&source=psartist)
Uptown Theater (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=45988&SortBy=Date)

Fri 05/18/12

Minneapolis, MN (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842507&source=psartist)
The Brick (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=207925&SortBy=Date)

Sat 05/19/12

[URL="http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsCity.aspx?ID=38069&SortBy=Date"]Milwaukee, WI (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/event/1842508&source=psartist)
The Rave Eagles Club (http://www.echoingthesound.org/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=149757&SortBy=Date)

So far no west coast dates, doesnt look like i'll be able to attend any of these.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2012/02/15/796428.aspx

ghostaustin
02-16-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't believe this at all but:

isn't Mouth for War a Pantera song?

Gloris
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
isn't Mouth for War a Pantera song?

yups,

and most of the other tracks are actually titles from some of his paintings, with a few Macbeth quotes thrown in for good measure...

imail724
02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Got my tickets for NY this morning. Never got to see the band in their prime, but whether he sounds good or not, should be a good time regardless. I had to at least see them once.

Harry Seaward
02-16-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NaDVof9Ovw

NEW MM AT 9:15

aggroculture
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm holding out for a NYC date.

danebraddy
02-17-2012, 10:10 AM
if you take away 'vampire', 'car crash','heart shaped glasses' and 'you and me' from EMDM you have an awesome album (although the second half sounds like it was demos - GREAT demos), THEOL was pretty good as well (except i never cared for swastika outside of a live performance) - both steps in the right direction...
He really needs a good producer someone to help him bring his ideas out - like trent did for ACSS - and whoever produced/mixed MA were geniuses.

After the crapola that was GAOG he is clawing back to respectability. I have a good feeling this album will be another step in the right direction and like most people on this board I'm rooting for him. We all like to put shit on him (and he has it coming) but if he knocked one out of the park we'd all recognize and be grateful to have him back...

Failure
02-17-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NaDVof9Ovw

NEW MM AT 9:15

Sean Beavan is the man! Thanks for posting. I do have to say though, the Manson clip is a bit uninspiring. Yes, Yes, and Yes?

october_midnight
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
As much as it'll inspire the "you only heard 20 seconds" responses, I agree. It sounded pretty uninspired and bland. Dammit. The fire's not there...

Space Suicide
02-17-2012, 06:27 PM
If you actually listen he's saying 'Dance, dance, dance' not "yes, yes, yes'

Either way, I'm not judging a song by a muddled out short clip heard on a youtube video. We'll see soon.

Jinsai
02-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I dunno, I like listening to producers meander and A/B stuff they're working on. So that was fun. It's impossible to judge the track based on that clip though. Not only is it an unfinished mix (and only a segment of it at that), but that's the audio picked up by the camera.

But I agree with the guy. The Virus TI is in a class by itself.

ViN
02-18-2012, 01:27 AM
I saw Manson live 3 years ago and he sucked. Slayer should have closed that show. I still got love for the old stuff but I can't even anticipate a new album because I already know it's gonna suck. He's washed up.

elementroejoy
02-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Really not feeling the snippet from that video. I dig Overneath (The Path of Misery) though. So I'm thinking this will be another HEOL. When I first heard HEOL i was really into quite a bit of it, but that was just initially and since its lost its appeal, whereas EMDM i hated at first and now its grown on me quite a bit. Manson needs to switch shit up like he used to. AS to MA was just as big of a change as NIN from TDS to TF. Only difference is, Trent seems to keep switching things up, not so much as you wouldnt know its NIN, but enough to keep things fresh and entertaining. Manson seems like hes afraid or unwilling to do that anymore. Although, I think he started to step outside of his "shock rocker" persona with EMDM from lyrics to the music, but he needs to keep pushing it and be inspired by other things than the usual, like was listed above "an obscure erotic novel" and "Macbeth"

Conan The Barbarian
02-18-2012, 03:52 PM
ASS to MA LOL.

Sorry working a 13 hour shift and my mind has gone bye bye.

I can't see how any one can form an opinion on that snippet. God knows what the rest of the song.

Its like if davinci were alive today, posted a screenshot tease of Mona Lisa's eye, and forming an opinion based off that.

Kid Charlemagne
02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Got a big kick today when I found out that my local station is promoting the San Antonio show as their own festival with having none other than The Pretty Wreckless opening up and some other shitty local band. Surely they could have found a better opener right? Or is Manson that far down the food chain?

Harry Seaward
02-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Got a big kick today when I found out that my local station is promoting the San Antonio show as their own festival with having none other than The Pretty Wreckless opening up and some other shitty local band. Surely they could have found a better opener right? Or is Manson that far down the food chain?

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. The Pretty Wreckless is opening all the US shows, I'm fairly sure.

Kid Charlemagne
02-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Really? Jesus Christ, I hopped off the Manson bandwagon years ago, but even he deserves a better and more suitable opener than that band who's lead singer is that bitch from that one show.

smokey_mcpot
02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
last time i saw manson on tour it was the rape the world tour. it was terrible.

theimage13
02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Who the hell is The Pretty Wreckless?

ManBurning
02-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Who the hell is The Pretty Wreckless?

You can stream their whole record on their website under the "music" tab, but fair warning, this stuff is pretty bad. I listened to 2 full songs and skipped through 3 more before I wanted to give up.

http://www.theprettyreckless.com/splash/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBfhpm1jI0

danebraddy
02-20-2012, 03:02 AM
I know it's off topic. But she is frakking hot.

antiskum
02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
she's also 17 you fucking pedophile

antiskum
02-20-2012, 07:15 AM
haha though in all seriousness, i think she's fucking heinous

ex gossip girl star, in a shitty manufactured pop rock band. fuck manson, way to be credible.

danebraddy
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
** antiskum, I didn't see that you were joking before I wrote the rest of this post (your posts are on seperate pages), but I think it had to said anyway - so it's not directed to you but kind of just said in general**

1. How was I meant to know that from the video?

2. How do you know I'm not 17

3. In their promotional material which I have since looked at, what part of it screams "Don't think of me as a girl of age, I'm a child"

I'm not saying that point two or three excuse it, but from a three minute music video placed in a Marilyn Manson thread where an 'adult looking' female strips to heavy music - is it really my fault to think she is attractive?

And do you not think this because she is seventeen? She turned eighteen two months after this video was released (apparently) does that make it OK to look at pictures of her from May 2010 onward - where she will look exactly the same - and say, "Wow, what a hottie"?

I'm sorry, you are right - whenever I look at a girl stripping in a music video singing "Taste me, drink my soul", I will immediatly wikipedia her and failing that send her an email and ask her age. When she responds or I find sufficiant documentation to prove that she actually is eighteen or older ONLY THEN will I raise my eyebrows.

SO after wikipederinging I know a bit about her and the band and agree it's not the best look for Manson - especially being 'independent' now, he can't really say "Interscope made me do it" - this was his choice and he chose... poorly

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_37YEfRokdrM/TExjIqY5KYI/AAAAAAAABhI/vwoW4IbpiyY/s320/he_chose_poorly.jpg

DF118
02-20-2012, 08:57 AM
What the fuck is "overneath" supposed to mean?

Is Manson making up words now?

What a twat.

imail724
02-20-2012, 09:34 AM
She is hot. can't imagine them not getting torn apart at the shows though.

Conan The Barbarian
02-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh yea they are gonna slaughtered by fans. Thing is MANSON always had shit openers.

dlb
02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Well, last time I saw Manson Turbonegro totally stole the show! But yeah, I can see that a lot of Manson's fans weren't too happy with some Norwegian death punk Nazi gayness and I don't think they'll be too happy with little Miss Runaway to radical for Disney Club there either. :confused:

Space Suicide
02-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Taylor Momsen...same girl that played Cindy lou Who is Ron Howard's How The Grinch Stole Christmas live action film. That's all I think of.

Make Me Wanna Die isn't a bad song to me at all but the rest of their output is bland to me and I think it's a horrible choice as an opening act for Manson, even this late in his career. In recent years I think Bleeding Through was the best act he's had as an opener, but then again that was when he co-headlined with Slayer for the 2007 Mayhem Festival.

Hazekiah
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Taylor Momsen is HOT. And she was hot at 17. Fun fact; 17 is legal in a LOT of states. Non-issue.

I also happened to catch The Pretty Reckless at Lollapalooza this year and they rocked. Should be a fun opener, especially what with all the topless nubile young hotties invited onstage during their encore and tossing their shirts up in the air at every show. Should be just about PERFECT for getting the blood-pumping for a Manson concert, actually!!!

Plus, as far as this tour being a celebration of Antichrist Superstar is concerned...I could think of less appropriate opening bands for the tour than a younger, hotter version of NY Loose, which was the original opening band for the Dead to the World Tour.

And, yes, Manson's making up words now. Welcome to every album Manson's ever made.

As for where exactly "overneath" might be?

Probably somewhere near the high end of low.

imail724
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
great so a bunch of fat manson fans are gonna hop on stage and take their shirts off? enthusiasm through the roof.

Hazekiah
02-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Last I checked, Lollapalooza was held in CHICAGO last year...which is to say there were TONS of fatties in the crowd, I even saw them up front during the set for The Pretty Reckless.

It wasn't really a problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIApkHLDUFI

*SLURP*

Same goes for Manson shows.

You'll see TONS of fat chicks there, but THEY certainly aren't the ones getting singled out for backstage passes.

I can't BELIEVE I actually have to explain this to anyone.

o_O

october_midnight
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah this is (http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/02/taylor-momsen-is-inappropriate/) a great choice (http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/03/taylor-momsen-is-hardcore/) for an opener. (http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/06/taylor-momsen-looks-like-a-good-singer/)

Apparently Manson' down with the poser girl from Gossip Girl that turned 'goth'. Shout out to the creepy old guys in her band as well. Sigh, what a joke.

Kid Charlemagne
02-20-2012, 03:02 PM
My guess is he didn't think Evan Rachel Wood was a good enough singer and was getting too old, so he went younger and now we have this. Can't wait till they start dating, that'll make this thread even better.

EDIT: Regarding my original post, I didn't know it would incite so much when I started it. Sorry for fucking shit up in here.

Harry Seaward
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow, thanks for that video Haz.

Turned my opinion of her from apathetic to fully supportive. Sign me up.

Radiovoyr
02-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Honestly, there is no way to actually defend such a horrible fucking choice for an opening band. This is a really, really dumb band.

Harry Seaward
02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Honestly, there is no way to actually defend such a horrible fucking choice for an opening band. This is a really, really dumb band.

So, get the fuck over it? Maybe don't pay attention when they're on?

Why do people act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go buy a beer or a t-shirt while the opener is on.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly bitch about it.

Piko
02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Back in 98, when Hole hit the stage, I dipped out. Same for monster magnet. Consider it an intermission.

bobbie solo
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
is there a way to dislike a post?

Jinsai
02-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Why do people act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go buy a beer or a t-shirt while the opener is on.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly bitch about it.

Some people might think the opening band sucks, and they might say so. Why do you act like this is some terrible personal tragedy? Quit fucking whining. Go drink a beer and jack off while people speak their minds.

Or, just come onto message boards and incessantly defend anything tangentially related to Marilyn Manson.

Space Suicide
02-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Even as it stands, with videos and photos I'm still not in delight of them as opener. Oh well.

reseen_lamenti
02-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Discuss. (seems like a Soundwave festival setlist, 45mins-1hr duration)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzsm6w3ZHT1qc81zyo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1330007598&Signature=SDNCUKyfWSXGG0VfHDOItUN3VWQ%3D

october_midnight
02-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Could easily be someone that just printed that up. I can make three of those for you if you want.

Space Suicide
02-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I wish Personal Jesus wouldn't have returned.

Demogorgon
02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Last I checked, Lollapalooza was held in CHICAGO last year...which is to say there were TONS of fatties in the crowd, I even saw them up front during the set for The Pretty Reckless.

It wasn't really a problem: [insert lame video here]

Same goes for Manson shows.

You'll see TONS of fat chicks there, but THEY certainly aren't the ones getting singled out for backstage passes.

I can't BELIEVE I actually have to explain this to anyone.

o_O

the chicks in that video looked absolutely retarded. kinda makes me want to make sure i have access to plenty of glass bottles suitable for hurling if i happen to be in the audience for something this stupid.

ManBurning
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I highly doubt that's the setlist. He'd play at least Lunchbox or get your gunn from Portrait, and I'm sure there will be at least 1 new track.
There would probably be one other shitty single from either THEOL or EMDM as well. We're not lucky enough to have a setlist that good in 2012.

fillow
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
He didn't play anything from Portrait on THEOL tour

ManBurning
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
He didn't play anything from Portrait on THEOL tour

Well, that`s a shame. That's his best album. Screw the 15th anniversary of ACSS, I want my portrait!

fillow
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Actually, while it's still two days before the show, the setlist looks more like soundcheck or rehearsal to me

Hazekiah
02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
the chicks in that video looked absolutely retarded. kinda makes me want to make sure i have access to plenty of glass bottles suitable for hurling if i happen to be in the audience for something this stupid.

Threatening dancing teenage girls with violence through a message board?!?

LOOK OUT, EVERYONE.
WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE.

Harry Seaward
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Could easily be someone that just printed that up. I can make three of those for you if you want.

Hell, I can get you a setlist by 3 o'clock. With new tracks.

Fucking amateurs.

Hazekiah
02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
It's silly to assume it's fake.

It's the same setlist format they've used for several years now, sure, but the same Instagram user ALSO had images of Manson road-crates marked for Australia AND a brand new, era-specific tour-staff itinerary booklet.

NOT FAKE.

Cool setlist, too.

Wonder if they'll actually open with "Antichrist Superstar" or if it was a deliberately jumbled setlist just in case it DID leak like this.

Either way, it's gonna be a hell of a show!

demo
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
that fake ass setlist has absolutely no flow whatsoever of a normal manson show. *shrug*

Hazekiah
02-22-2012, 06:54 PM
So...we've ALREADY established that the setlist came from VERY close to the band.

Probably someone soon-to-be-if-not-already formerly associated with the new tour.

And it's NOT a normal Manson show, like he's said it wouldn't be, so that just speaks to its authenticity.

Furthermore, its flow is overall fairly similar to past shows, huge-shocker of an opener notwithstanding.

The instrumental cover of "Antichrist Superstar" has been introductory music at the start of shows before, just the same as they've also performed the song as the first song of encore sets before. This is just a variation on those themes.

"Disposable Teens" has been a second song in the set before, particularly recently.

"The Love Song" has generally come early in sets after the GGG tours.

Same goes for "Little Horn" since it's reappeared.

"The Dope Show" and "Rock is Dead" have almost ALWAYS been paired together like that.

"Sweet Dreams..." generally comes towards the end of the main set.

"1996" has frequently ended the main set in near utter chaos...probably what that "If needed" is alluding to, lol.

"Angel with the Scabbed Wings" opened the entire tour during the only tour it was played, starting the encore sets with it is simply a variation on that theme.

And "The Beautiful People" almost always ends their shows these days.

So.

I'm sorry...you were saying?

:P

october_midnight
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
We were saying he's going to spend 2/3 of the show crouching and out of breath and will probably still sound like ass live.

ManBurning
02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Anyone who can back up the reasoning behind each place a song falls on a Manson setlist in great detail has waaaaaay too much free time on their hands!

Hazekiah
02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I wish!

Just a good memory, decent typing skills, and not even five minutes to think about it and write it out, thanks.

voidnz
02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Strange that there's nothing from THEOL. Though that album didn't translate that well live anyhow.

fillow
02-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Hey! A person close to Trent just a leaked a setlist for one-off secret NIN show to be played in early march! Here is it:

pinion
wish
terrible lie
discipline
march of the pigs
closer
burn
gave up
something i can never have
reptile
suck
survivalism
dead souls
the head that feeds
head like a hole
-encore-
immigrant song (with mq)
is your love strong enough (with mq)
hurt

They've been using similar setlist structure for ages and I swear the person who leaked it is as close to trent as anyone could possibly get. Pretty sure it's legit!

theimage13
02-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Riiiiiight.

Let me make this easy:

Photo is plausible, but no one here can say yes or no.

Going by previous photos, it clearly comes from a source who would have access to a setlist like this. And in the touring world, yes, setlists exist before the concerts actually happen. That said, while it certainly could be authentic, it could just as easily be someone in the Manson camp with a sense of humor who decided to print out a fake setlist just to get people all hot and bothered.

So there you have it, fellas. The setlist is definitely real, maybe.

theruiner
02-23-2012, 05:54 AM
We were saying he's going to spend 2/3 of the show crouching and out of breathWhere's that on the setlist?

Conan The Barbarian
02-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Damn the trolls are out on force.