PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island: Riptide Announced

Space Suicide
06-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Riptide to be developed by Techland

After a number of rumors suggesting that a sequel for the surprise hit, Dead Island, was not in development and perhaps a new developer might take on the project, we now hear that things have changed. Publisher Deep Silver is now confirming a new Dead Island sequel is in development, and it will be called Dead Island Riptide.

Techland will once again be spearheading the development, and the rumors that Yager would be heading development of the sequel have turned out to be false. What is more surprising is this is all we know, other than more details will follow later this summer.

Dead Island Riptide will be coming to consoles and the PC. It is unknown whether by the word ‘consoles’ they mean for the Wii U as well as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We will have to wait till later this summer to find out.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/27448-dead-island-sequel-is-go

Meh, I liked the initial game, flaws and all. It was a cool, decent time wasting zombie RPG but it wasn't that groundbreaking or fantastic. A GOTY edition of the first was announced last month as well and I wonder "How the Hell?"

Either way, a sequel is in development. Don't know what to think of it but the word meh.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
If they can work out all the kinks and flaws, and have some more detailed side characters you run into that actually look different.... exciting news.

xmd 5a
06-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Despite my massive RPG fetish I never picked Dead Island up. May wait til #2 drops and buy them both at the same time for some good marathoning times!

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Dead Island is a game I think I enjoy more as a rental...I can really enjoy it for a while, but once I've gone through some of the motions, I end up just nitpicking all the glitches and flaws. There were just sooo many that could have been a relatively easy fix, it's hard to see them and not wonder how somebody thought that was good enough to release as the final product. But it's definitely not a bad game at all! Just needed more tuning...

I'll keep up with the news on the sequel and see how that goes. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and dish out a more polished product. :P

nemesiswontdie
06-08-2012, 08:55 PM
This is going to sound racist as hell, but the most fun I had out of Dead Island is when me and 2 other friends were co-oping it and we all played as the black guy and all we did was kick zombies to the ground and start curb stomping them while I played some N.W.A. in the background for good laughs.

The game was decent but after awhile, just playing it just felt like a chore. Every quest was the same. GO FETCH THIS FOR ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME MONEY, XP AND A WAY TO MAKE SUCH AND SUCH WEAPONS.

I obviously don't need to go into all the flaws and glitches. If they would have pushed the games release date back by at least a month or 2 and cleaned it up and polished it, it would have been a good game at best. Nothing fantastic or mind blowingly kick ass, but a good game.

I honestly don't think this game deserves a sequel. I'll just get it through Gamefly. I'm not spending $60 on a sequel.

october_midnight
09-18-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp6TizgPxmQ&feature=player_embedded

PooPooMeowChow
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
This reminds me a lot of then Valve announced Left4Dead2 shortly after Left4Dead 1.
I'm really enjoying the first game. IT's not GREAT but killing zombies is hard to make not fun.
If there is enough new content, not just new characters and a new map, Ill get it.

Ruined
04-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Since Dead Island 2 is being released, later this month, I finally decided to start playing my copy of Dead Island. Wow, I have been pleasantly surprised by all the nuances and possibilities of this game. I'm 41% in and, damn, surprised by the turns this one took (not to mention the size of this sandbox). Not surprisingly, the co-op community was still quite active and I managed to get all the co-op achievements over two nights. I look forward to the rest of this one and already pre-ordered Riptide. Fun stuff.